PDA

View Full Version : Dwight howard staying in orlando?

FriedTofuz
05-31-2011, 07:50 PM
From multiple twitter sources, it looks like dwight howard has signed a contract extention. I dont fault howard, I would have loved to have him on the lakers, but I applaud his loyalty.

pinglocal6 david pingalore
@jemelehill Learned from NBA Magic sources that Howard spent the weekend working on signing a 2 year extension beforeleaguegoesinto lockout
13 minutes ago

@pinglocal6
david pingalore
July first the old CBA agreement will expire. Sources confirming tonight its all but signed by dwight. #magic #howard

@pinglocal6
david pingalore
Signing a two year extension will keep Howard in a magic uni for four more seasons. #magic

Signing this two year extension guarantees Howard max money when a new CBA is signed #magic #dwighthoward

Lets go 10 ,000 views :clap:

MiamiWadeCounty
05-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Great job by the Magic convincing Howard to stay. I think they will be able to eventually get another star to help him compete for a title with the Heat and Bulls. Dwight should also receive a lot of praise for his loyalty, however do remember he is signing this extension in part for financial reasons.

RZZZA
05-31-2011, 07:55 PM
He's stupid as hell if he signs that contract

MiamiWadeCounty
05-31-2011, 07:58 PM
He's stupid as hell if he signs that contract

Haha. You hate when a player leaves his team to try and win a title, then when a player stays with his team to try and win a title you hate again. Definition of a hater. :facepalm:

RZZZA
05-31-2011, 07:59 PM
oh my god, stfu. I'm a hater alright, I'm a hater of people who accuse me of being a hater for my opinion

Can i come into this forum without Heat fans saying stupid **** to me all the time? i swear I'm about to put every heat fan on this forum besides Stebo and marlinsfan on ignore.

FriedTofuz
05-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Easy fellas, no need to target anyones post. Lets just focus on the thread topic, not about haters.

jockrider
05-31-2011, 08:03 PM
oh my god, stfu. I'm a hater alright, I'm a hater of people who accuse me of being a hater for my opinion

Can i come into this forum without Heat fans saying stupid **** to me all the time? i swear I'm about to put every heat fan on this forum besides Stebo and marlinsfan on ignore.

it's a forum i hope you really don't take this **** too serious LOL!

jockrider
05-31-2011, 08:03 PM
does this mean deron is as good as gone?

WindyCitySox
05-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Good for him.

Bruno
Politically correct move by Howard. He goes out on a limb and gives his management a few more years to get it done, and if they don't he's still under 30 by the time his extension expires.

I applaud his loyalty, and desire to "walk his own path".

MiamiWadeCounty
Easy fellas, no need to target anyones post. Lets just focus on the thread topic, not about haters.

Yep. I am happy for Dwight and the Magic organization. I think Dwight is slowly but surely becoming the second best player in the NBA and if he can get players who can defend on the wings the Magic will be contenders for the next 3-5 easily.

Allthatisports
05-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, now we can end the speculation of Dwight going to LA, or wherever else for that matter....for a few years anyway.

RZZZA
05-31-2011, 08:06 PM
How did the Magic FO ever convince him to sign this? I know he hasnt signed it yet but how did they ever convince him to even get to the point where he's thinking about signing?

what moves can they reasonably make to put good talent around him, I thought they really put their balls in a vice with the arenas and hedo contracts. what they gon' do?

MiamiWadeCounty
05-31-2011, 08:09 PM
How did the Magic FO ever convince him to sign this? I know he hasnt signed it yet but how did they ever convince him to even get to the point where he's thinking about signing?

what moves can they reasonably make to put good talent around him, I thought they really put their balls in a vice with the arenas and hedo contracts. what they gon' do?

One aspect is money. While Dwight makes huge money from marketing he is guaranteeing himself MAX money for the extra two years (about 17 mill I believe) whereas in the new CBA a max deal could be say 14.5 million. Also if he left his "legacy" (hate to say it this early in his career) would be shadowed by Shaq making the same move.

Badluck33
05-31-2011, 08:09 PM

no.

KnicksR4Real
05-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Wow!

Purple&Gold24
My fellow laker fans never listen to me, I was right :pity:

RZZZA
I don't know what Shaq has to do with Dwight. Dwight needs to do whats best for Dwight. I don't see how wasting away on a sinking ship for 2 more years is a good thing for this guy.

If money is an object, just go to a big market and do some commercials. He's gonna get a max deal wherever he goes.

ManRam
05-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure this is stemming from same stuff posted earlier.

Not buying anything until the contract is signed.

Vinsane#15
05-31-2011, 08:15 PM
This is from yesterday and it would be on espn as breaking news if he signed the contract. Don't buy it one bit. I still say Howard's a goner come middle June.

FriedTofuz
05-31-2011, 08:16 PM

Yeah i just noticed the thread. Do you mind adding a question mark to the thread title , so people arent thrown off? Thanks

Bornknick73
05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Im glad hes gonna stay in Orlando.

Now DoMeFavors can commit suicide knowing he wont get Howard and Deron will bolt without help coming, and he can finally join the Knicks fanbase seeing as hes always been a Knicks fan in D-League clothing. But unfortunately we dont want him.

But knowing DMF he'll jump on the CP3 bandwagon and have CP3 and Dwill as his starting backcourt.

I guess DoMeHoward isnt gonna happen.

Catfish1314
05-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Good for Dwight taking his own road.

Him staying in Orlando is better for the NBA IMO. He's a very easy player to build a contender around.

jockrider
05-31-2011, 08:21 PM

he probably really loves orlando and the fans. by signing this he can shut people up since ric bucher thinks he know everything.

jockrider
05-31-2011, 08:22 PM
I don't know what Shaq has to do with Dwight. Dwight needs to do whats best for Dwight. I don't see how wasting away on a sinking ship for 2 more years is a good thing for this guy.

If money is an object, just go to a big market and do some commercials. He's gonna get a max deal wherever he goes.

according to dwight he will get the same endorsement where ever he goes so big market thing doesn't affect him.

FriedTofuz
05-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Howard is also taking a shot at shaq by saying he doesnt want to follow in shaqs footsteps.

FriedTofuz
05-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Wow!

hahahah

Cromedome
05-31-2011, 08:25 PM
The new Kevin Garnett. Sad news.

RZZZA
05-31-2011, 08:26 PM
oh yeah? if he comes to Chicago, Oprah will give him his own show right after Dr. Phil.

Try getting that gig in Orlando, Dwight

Catfish1314
05-31-2011, 08:29 PM
The new Kevin Garnett. Sad news.

Not at all. It will be much easier for Orlando management to bring talent (and keep talent) to central Florida than it was for McHale to bring talent to Minnesota.

jockrider
05-31-2011, 08:29 PM
oh yeah? if he comes to Chicago, Oprah will give him his own show right after Dr. Phil.

Try getting that gig in Orlando, Dwight

mickey lets him sleep over in his castle duh! winning!

jockrider
05-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Not at all. It will be much easier for Orlando management to bring talent (and keep talent) to central Florida than it was for McHale to bring talent to Minnesota.

not with their cap situation.

RZZZA
05-31-2011, 08:31 PM
yeah, how are they gonna put talent around him?

The upside for the Magic in trading Dwight is that they can start to rebuild. Now if he signs that contract aren't they basically stuck in limbo for a few years? They need to get rid of one or both of those bad contracts

jockrider
05-31-2011, 08:33 PM
yeah, how are they gonna put talent around him?

The upside for the Magic in trading Dwight is that they can start to rebuild. Now if he signs that contract aren't they basically stuck in limbo for a few years? They need to get rid of one or both of those bad contracts

they don't give a shhhhheiiiiiiet he brings in a lot of money for the team.

Catfish1314
05-31-2011, 08:35 PM
not with their cap situation.

Part of their cap situation will probably be remedied with the new CBA.

But free agency isn't the only way to bring in talent. Big-name players would have no problem playing with Dwight Howard in Florida. How many players asked to be traded to the freezing cold Minnesota in the prime of KG's career?

haggis
05-31-2011, 08:39 PM

yeah this is the same guy reporting. no one else has said anything about it other than him and jemele hill:rolleyes:

let me know when someone credible starts taking this lead.

Chi StateOfMind
05-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Don't believe any of this until its official.

jockrider
05-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Part of their cap situation will probably be remedied with the new CBA.

But free agency isn't the only way to bring in talent. Big-name players would have no problem playing with Dwight Howard in Florida. How many players asked to be traded to the freezing cold Minnesota in the prime of KG's career?

mike james lol.

handle
05-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Signing this two year extension guarantees Howard max money when a new CBA is signed #magic #dwighthoward

If true, congrats on choosing money over winning. He knows Orlando isn't going to win anything, maybe one in his career... MAYBE. We might as well start calling him Dwight Ewing.

ManRam
05-31-2011, 09:07 PM
If true, congrats on choosing money over winning. He knows Orlando isn't going to win anything, maybe one in his career... MAYBE. We might as well start calling him Dwight Ewing.

I think people need to stop acting like this is a done deal.

I really don't think it is at all. Like two people are reporting that it's being worked on, the rest of the world is going on with their day like they have the last few weeks.

There isn't a single credible news article out there saying that he's close to signing the deal.

FriedTofuz
05-31-2011, 10:04 PM
what are people saying? everywhere dwight howard goes, he would get a max contract. He is no doubt the best center in the nba, and a MVP candidate.

BigCityofDreams
05-31-2011, 10:06 PM
I think people need to stop acting like this is a done deal.

I really don't think it is at all. Like two people are reporting that it's being worked on, the rest of the world is going on with their day like they have the last few weeks.

There isn't a single credible news article out there saying that he's close to signing the deal.

Even Pat Williams said a deal wasn't imminent.

Jtirado16
06-01-2011, 08:35 AM
espn would be roaring he hasnt signed yet

ne3xchamps
06-01-2011, 09:15 AM

If he meant the other reason, wasting a few more years of his prime without winning a chip, then yeah, another KG.

FriedTofuz
06-01-2011, 04:44 PM
espn would be roaring he hasnt signed yet

your right. the magic and howard are working on a contract extention