PDA

View Full Version : What Franchise is in Need of a Star Player?

JordansBulls
05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
What Franchise is in Need of a Star Player?

Basically a franchise that hardly has ever had a star player in it's NBA History except maybe on 1 or 2 occasions.

MagicHero3
05-31-2011, 03:55 PM
El magico!

Foye
05-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves.

mike_noodles
05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Charlotte has never had a "franchise" player imo, and I would like to see them get one.

JordansBulls
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves.

Damn forget them.

king4day
05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Bobcats for sure.
I'd even say the Warriors too.
Teams that are desperate to break out of mediocrity.

MiamiWadeCounty
05-31-2011, 04:01 PM
I'd say Charlotte. They have always had some solid players bur never a franchise guy to help them get over the proverbial hump.

LTBaByyy
05-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Raptors!!!!!! And Bobcats

Twolves have K Love idk why yall are that team

If a player makes an all star team I am sorry but he is a franchise player

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Sacramento. They need a star player and it will be one of the very few guaranteed ways for them to stay.

Baller1
05-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Milwaukee for sure.

midwestmadman
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM
The Detroit Pistons, they could also use Aladdin's magic lamp, and a real coach!

heyman321
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM
It has got to be Charlotte or Toronto. Charlotte has never had one -- despite their efforts to make Gerald Wallace one. And Toronto has been in ruins ever since Carter left, Bosh didn't lead them anywhere.

theheatles
05-31-2011, 04:16 PM
charlotte and i don't think it's even close...they have absolutely nobody

midwestmadman
05-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Well at least Charlotte has MJ as an owner, Detroit has nothing, not even cap space.

MiamiWadeCounty
05-31-2011, 04:18 PM

I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't consider Danny Granger, Gerald Wallace, or Mo Williams franchise players.

PhillyFaninLA
05-31-2011, 04:20 PM
For those that watched the last 3 Sixers - Heat games and I mean watched not checked box scores of should agree that the Sixers with a Star SG or C could be scary.

TChef02
05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Sacramento. They need a star player and it will be one of the very few guaranteed ways for them to stay.

Tyreke Evans is a franchise player.

PhillyFaninLA
05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
I'd like to add a separate point (that is why I'm not just editing the other one....I think it would be nice if every team had a star player a real star.

Purple&Gold24
05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
The Pistons. :shrug:

midwestmadman
05-31-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't consider Danny Granger, Gerald Wallace, or Mo Williams franchise players.

I agree with Gerald Wallace who is a very good complimentary player as is Mo Willaims but I believe Granger is talented enough to be considered a star player. He can do it all (except maybe being a defensive beast). He is why I didn't cast a vote for Indy. Iggy is why I didn't cast a vote for Phili. MN has a double double machine by the name of Love and a nice complimentary player in Beasley. I can see giving a vote for Charlotte, and Toronto, and Cleveland though.

midwestmadman
05-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh, also Denver, what good did Melo do there? Once he was gone that team played way better.

COOLbeans
05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Warriors! We need a borderline star low post player. Our back court is set.

TheHighLife
05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Kings

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Charlotte

YoungOne
05-31-2011, 04:32 PM
Charlotte has never had a "franchise" player imo, and I would like to see them get one.

this.

KnicksR4Real
05-31-2011, 04:32 PM
cleveland

SA5195
05-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Raptors :(

DoJoTheSlasher
05-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Charlottes lineup this next season.

PG: DJ Augustin
SG: Stephen Jackson
SF: Boris Diaw
PF: Tyrus Thomas
C: Joel Pryzbilla

They need to draft Jordan Hamilton 9th overall and draft a big man with the 19th pick. Bismack Biyombo is an interesting choice.

Next season though they will have a top 3 pick. Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones, Quincy Miller and Jared Sullinger will all be possibilities for them.

DEFINITELY CHARLOTTE

Giraffes Rule
05-31-2011, 04:36 PM

So by your logic, Mo Williams is a franchise player. Doesn't work that way.

JordansBulls
The Pistons. :shrug:

The teams above are teams that haven't won anything in a while. Detroit won a title in the 2000's already and were in 7 conference finals. Also you are forgetting Detroit did have Grant Hill as well.

JordansBulls
I picked Indiana. The only star they had was Reggie Miller.

TChef02
05-31-2011, 04:38 PM
I'd like to add a separate point (that is why I'm not just editing the other one....I think it would be nice if every team had a star player a real star.

Every team has a chance to have a star; if they don't have one it's because their front office doesn't really want one. If a team doesn't have a star they probably aren't very good and get a high draft pick as a result. You can draft one or you can trade your draft pick for a star. I just don't see how teams like Charlotte never seem to find a star... then again it seems like every time they draft a good player they trade them

2004 - Okafor - Had serious questions about his offensive game and it's never developed. Not a very good draft after Dwight Howard though anyway so I can't blame theme there

2005 - Sean May and Raymond Felton - May was too fat to play in the NBA and Felton is a pretty solid player but was traded.

2006 - Adam Morrison - Nuff said

2007 - Brandon Wright - Tweener with only one year of college ball under his belt. Another UNC homer pick instead of looking at Joakim Noah from a winning college program with more experience.

2008 - DJ Augustin - Brook Lopez anyone?

Guys just seem to go to Charlotte and disappear; maybe it's time for a new direction down there because those are some of the worst draft selections I've ever seen and I'm a Wizards fan so that's saying something...

WeBallin
05-31-2011, 04:41 PM
The Detroit Pistons, they could also use Aladdin's magic lamp, and a real coach!

I Echoes these same exact thoughts.....lol Pistons are defintely in need

j-bay
05-31-2011, 04:43 PM
The Rockets- Their close each year but i bet if they can have that one guy they would make the playoffs

koreancabbage
05-31-2011, 04:48 PM
So by your logic, Mo Williams is a franchise player. Doesn't work that way.

well, when he was in Milwaukee, he was pretty good. He was a "franchise" type of player until he got traded to Cleveland, which basically took away his mojo lol

pd7631
05-31-2011, 04:49 PM

Basically a franchise that hardly has ever had a star player in it's NBA History except maybe on 1 or 2 occasions.

Wilt Chamberlain
Julius Erving
Moses Malone
Charles Barkley
Allen Iverson
Hal Greer
Dolph Schayes

Why are the Sixers in this poll?

We do need a star player though, but not based on your criteria.

SportsFanatic10
05-31-2011, 04:53 PM
gotta be the raps....noone wants to go to canada but if they have a star it would help them put something together again.

fadedmario
05-31-2011, 04:55 PM

midwestmadman
05-31-2011, 05:00 PM
The teams above are teams that haven't won anything in a while. Detroit won a title in the 2000's already and were in 7 conference finals. Also you are forgetting Detroit did have Grant Hill as well.

I hear what you're saying but, the question is which team is in need of a star. They won the title without a major star, no one on that team was a consesus all star until after they won a championship. No team has one a title without a star since, and that team (without a star) continually declined even if they were making the ECF each year (they were playing in the East during the weakest of east years). The Warriors have one of the best back courts in the whole league, MN has one of the best young forwards in the league, Indy has an exciting player named Granger, Phili has Iggy. Thier current roster includes Tay, and Rip as the mainstays of the glory years, a washed up Tmac, and a washed up Big Ben. They overpaid for CV and Gordon. Stuckey is terrible, Will Bynum we had to pay 4M to keep him, Jason Maxielle is our best role player and he hardly plays. The only bright spot on this roster is Greg Monroe, and maybe if Austin Daye can add some muscle weight he can give us something, but none of these clowns are star material.

210Don
05-31-2011, 05:03 PM
id like to see the rockets do well

Dash
05-31-2011, 05:12 PM
The Detroit Pistons.

We are the joke of the NBA.

Loooool

theheatles
05-31-2011, 05:17 PM
the charlotte bobcats franchise is the only team to never have a perennial all star and/or hall of famer...remember this bobcat franchise isn't the hornets franchise that was in charlotte that had great players like Zo and Larry Johnson...Toronto has had T-Mac, Vince Carter and Bosh...who are all way better players than who?.. gerald wallace, stephen jackson, emeka okafor and kwame brown?

Slimsim
05-31-2011, 05:17 PM
I voted bucks because i usually forget theirs a team in Milwaukee

Gators123
05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Bobcats

Hawkeye15
05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Minnesota, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Cleveland, and Chicago

Last one was a joke...

smith&wesson
05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
the raptors!!! we need a franchise player we tired to turn bosh in to one :facepalm:

Eagles4Lyfe
05-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Minnesota, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Cleveland, and Chicago

Last one was a joke...

This except the last line:p;)

Eagles4Lyfe
05-31-2011, 05:26 PM
wttth raptors are winning the poll?? We have a bright future and we have a star in the making

pacman16
05-31-2011, 05:34 PM
^ yes, but no franchise player.....

StriveGreatness
05-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Miami Heat

mttwlsn16
05-31-2011, 05:36 PM
cavs after what lebron pulled...im well over it, and no means am i a cavs fan, but after what/how it happened, they deserve another star ASAP

blastmasta26
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Charlotte has never had anything close to a star player so I would say them, just over GS.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-31-2011, 05:43 PM
wttth raptors are winning the poll?? We have a bright future and we have a star in the making

James johnson?:shrug:

DoJoTheSlasher
05-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Charlotte's best player in franchise history is Gerald Wallace who was hurt multiple times. An aging Stephen Jackson, Jason Richardson and a not so great Emeka Okafor is all the other big names.

Toronto has had Bosh who was good in Toronto, Tracy McGrady who was gonna be a star, and Vince Carter who was a top 3-5 player in the NBA at the time.

Indiana has had Reggie Miller and now they have Danny Granger who is an All Star.

Golden State has had Monta Ellis, Stephen Jackson, Jason Richardson, Stephen Curry, etc...

Milwaukee has Brandon Jennings and Andrew Bogut right now although Brandon Jennings isn't really all that.

Cleveland hasn't had a star for the past 7 years ;)

Sacramento was arguably the best team in the NBA or top 3 for about 4 or 5 years with Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic, Vlade Divac, Mike Bibby and now they have Tyreke Evans.

Philadelphia has had Wilt Chamberlain, Charles Barkley, Allen Iverson, JULIUS ERVING and now they have about 3 or 4 very good players although not stars in Andre Iguodala, Jrue Holiday, Elton Brand, Thaddeus Young.

Denver just had Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups. They still have Nene.

Charlotte and Milwaukee are probably the top two followed by Toronto.

Bishnoff
05-31-2011, 06:01 PM

Based on this, Bobcats by a mile.

Who have they had? J-Rich? Crash? Hardly superstars.

Il Mago 7
05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm a raptors fan we need a star our last star was Vince Carter

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-31-2011, 06:13 PM

Well they did but they felt obligated to trade him to the Lakers for Vlade Divac. :facepalm:

DoJoTheSlasher
05-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Well they did but they felt obligated to trade him to the Lakers for Vlade Divac. :facepalm:

The Charlotte Hornets turned into the New Orleans Hornets. Bobcats were created in 2004.

Bravo95
06-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Hawks haven't had one since 'Nique was traded almost 17 years ago. :pity:

Sixerlover
06-01-2011, 01:55 AM
As a Sixers fan, we're void of a true superstar now, yes. But "all time" we definitely shouldn't be on the list. Outside of Boston / LA we might have the most superstars in any other teams history.

I'll vote for the Bobcats. They need to generate some excitement down there.

LakersMaster24
06-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Definitely the Bobcats. I mean the biggest franchise player they had was Crash...and his NOT a franchise player.

JordansBulls
06-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I think Minnesota is in need of one as well as Utah. They always have good fan support.

DenButsu
06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm so torn in the labor dispute. I generally side with the workers. But in the case of the NBA, the workers are attempting to stack the deck to the benefit of 5 or so teams, undermining the other 25 or so, which will totally **** up the sport.

Which team needs a star? In terms of business, every team needs a star. But if the players have their way, most teams won't get one. let alone two... or three.

What a joke this league is turning into.

benzni
06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Most of them. Milwaukee, Raps, Bobcats, Sixers.

Anyone notice Cleveland is Italicized?

tonydanza87
06-01-2011, 11:16 AM
I gotta go for the Raptors on this one, I mean based on the OP criteria I guess Charlotte is the logical choice, but I feel for the Raptors and Cavs just based on the fact that no one will stay there. They have both had star players but at the end of the day no one outside of mediocre players looking for star pay are goin there and it sucks cause both seem like they have good fan bases.

Fmaranesi
06-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm so torn in the labor dispute. I generally side with the workers. But in the case of the NBA, the workers are attempting to stack the deck to the benefit of 5 or so teams, undermining the other 25 or so, which will totally **** up the sport.

Which team needs a star? In terms of business, every team needs a star. But if the players have their way, most teams won't get one. let alone two... or three.

What a joke this league is turning into.

This isn't the first time a team has had 3 stars, you can look back to the Bulls with 3 hall of fame players in jordan, pippen and rodman....the Lakers , the celtics of the 80's the Pistons had thomas, dumars, rodman, etc, it's always been this way...ALWAYS. The Lakers had two of the top 10 players of all time when they were on their three -peat, the NBA has always had its Super Teams.

Since 1955 there have been 55 championships.
Boston-17
Lakers-11
Bulls-6
Spurs-4
Pistons-3
Rockets-2
Knicks-2
76ers-2

the last 8 champions have 1 ring a piece, the league is turning into a joke? The league has always been like this. It's just not Boston or LA this time.

Every team needs a star but its just not likely that one will come out every year in the draft. I'd like the Wolves to be able to pick up a star or two and get competitive again.

tyfreaks brotha
06-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Raptors, Cats, Kings

Tmath
06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
It doesn't matter because the way things are going teams need more then 1 superstar player.

wjmoffatt
06-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Well Gerald Wallace and Chris Bosh made All Stars teams.......

wjmoffatt
06-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Bobcats for sure! They have horrible luck, the only time they had a chance to grab a Franchise player, when they first came into the league, the number 1 prospect was Emaka Okefor! If that's not bad luck i don't know what is. Raptors have good young players; DeRozen and Ed Davis. Warriors have talent; Ellis (23) and Curry. Sacremento has stars Tyreke Evans and Cousins. Pacers got great young talent; Roy Hibbert (23) and Collinson. Milwaukee doesn't deserve one (fans do but not organization) they trade away their talent every time; for example, Kareem and ready to get rid of Brandon Jennings. Denver just traded theirs in Anothony. 76ers just had a chance with the number 2 pick and took Turner, give em a chance to workout.

jezzyman05
06-01-2011, 12:14 PM

So according to you these guys are/were franchise players:

Jamaal Magloire
Caron Butler
Zydrunas llgauskas
Shawn Marion
Andrei Kirilenko

Older but same concept:
Tyrone Hill
Brad Miller

I know this list goes on but these were the player I think of on the top of my head

Colts2180
06-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah Danny Grangers no franchise player at all. He only averaged 25.8, 24, and 20.9 the last 3 seasons along with at least 5 boards a game. He must really suck lol. The bobcats need a star. They cant draft worth a damn or else they would have one by now.

jezzyman05
06-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Bobcats for sure! They have horrible luck, the only time they had a chance to grab a Franchise player, when they first came into the league, the number 1 prospect was Emaka Okefor! If that's not bad luck i don't know what is. Raptors have good young players; DeRozen and Ed Davis. Warriors have talent; Ellis (23) and Curry. Sacremento has stars Tyreke Evans and Cousins. Pacers got great young talent; Roy Hibbert (23) and Collinson. Milwaukee doesn't deserve one (fans do but not organization) they trade away their talent every time; for example, Kareem and ready to get rid of Brandon Jennings. Denver just traded theirs in Anothony. 76ers just had a chance with the number 2 pick and took Turner, give em a chance to workout.

Thanks for saving me 10 minutes of my life :clap: spot on

...actually 5 since my last posts waas to reply to a dumb post...

MagicHero3
06-01-2011, 12:25 PM
This isn't the first time a team has had 3 stars, you can look back to the Bulls with 3 hall of fame players in jordan, pippen and rodman....the Lakers , the celtics of the 80's the Pistons had thomas, dumars, rodman, etc, it's always been this way...ALWAYS. The Lakers had two of the top 10 players of all time when they were on their three -peat, the NBA has always had its Super Teams.

Boston-17
Lakers-11
Bulls-6
Spurs-4
Pistons-3
Rockets-2
Knicks-2
76ers-2

the last 8 champions have 1 ring a piece, the league is turning into a joke? The league has always been like this. It's just not Boston or LA this time.

Every team needs a star but its just not likely that one will come out every year in the draft. I'd like the Wolves to be able to pick up a star or two and get competitive again.

look at the inequality of distribution! cmon NBA, make it fair for the teams with the goose eggs

JamaicanYouth
06-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Houston needs a star as bad as any other team

DenButsu
06-01-2011, 12:28 PM

Boston-17
Lakers-11
Bulls-6
Spurs-4
Pistons-3
Rockets-2
Knicks-2
76ers-2

It's not the first time a team has had 3 stars.

But it is the first time that 3 stars have, essentially, dictated their terms to the league and at the same time demanded that they receive (nearly) max salaries while also simultaneously undercutting any notion or possibility of parity and fairness.

They aren't just playing on the same team. They are DEMANDING the right to do so. And whether you agree or not, this essentially means that they are demanding that a small handful of players has the right to drive a stake through the heart of any and all small(-ish) market NBA teams in the league.

So, for everybody who wants to watch a 6-team league consisting only of Miami, Boston, L.A., New York, Orlando and (hell, let's just lump 'em all together) "The Texans", congratulations, folks. The divas are well on their way to making your dreams come true.

"Death to small market teams." If any of these divas had a single honest bone in their body, that's the TRUTH that they would tattoo in big, bold letters across their chests.

Yeah. Sorry, Cleveland. Sorry, Toronto. Sorry, Denver. Sorry, guys. What we really meant to say was... ah, well, why beat around the bush? What we really meant to say was: "**** YOU, *****ES!!!!!"

So, so proud to be an NBA fan these days. I get a little bit weepy. I get a ******* lump in my ****ing throat.

TopsyTurvy
06-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I've got to go with Philly. I would love to see them and their fans back in the hunt for a title.

(Philly fans are some of the best in sports)

DeyAce
06-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Chicago

Rego247
06-01-2011, 02:04 PM
It doesn't matter because the way things are going teams need more then 1 superstar player.

this.

Sixerlover
06-01-2011, 07:21 PM

But it is the first time that 3 stars have, essentially, dictated their terms to the league and at the same time demanded that they receive (nearly) max salaries while also simultaneously undercutting any notion or possibility of parity and fairness.

They aren't just playing on the same team. They are DEMANDING the right to do so. And whether you agree or not, this essentially means that they are demanding that a small handful of players has the right to drive a stake through the heart of any and all small(-ish) market NBA teams in the league.

So, for everybody who wants to watch a 6-team league consisting only of Miami, Boston, L.A., New York, Orlando and (hell, let's just lump 'em all together) "The Texans", congratulations, folks. The divas are well on their way to making your dreams come true.

"Death to small market teams." If any of these divas had a single honest bone in their body, that's the TRUTH that they would tattoo in big, bold letters across their chests.

Yeah. Sorry, Cleveland. Sorry, Toronto. Sorry, Denver. Sorry, guys. What we really meant to say was... ah, well, why beat around the bush? What we really meant to say was: "**** YOU, *****ES!!!!!"

So, so proud to be an NBA fan these days. I get a little bit weepy. I get a ******* lump in my ****ing throat.
Den, this isn't like you. You sound much more scorned that you do correct. What do you want the league to do take away free agency?

DR_1
06-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Close one between Toronto and Sacramento.

I picked Toronto though - the Kings have actually been relevant sometime in the past 2 decades.

Cromedome
06-01-2011, 07:27 PM
I voted for the raptors....because every "star" player they have eventually leaves. That must be depressing.

Denver-boy
06-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Raptor had Chris Bosh, Bobcats had ?

JordansBulls
06-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Chicago

:confused:

Denver-boy
06-01-2011, 07:53 PM

its the death of all the small market teams..... after the big three, melo going off to form another big 3 in newyork, its the ERA of Death of Small market teams, and SUPER TEAMS

Sadds The Gr8
06-01-2011, 07:59 PM
The Detroit Pistons.

We are the joke of the NBA.

Loooool
wtf? u guys dominated the East for like 8 years. we've been a joke from the start.

doesn't surprise me. we have some ok pieces but saying the future is bright is kinda overboard.

I voted for the raptors....because every "star" player they have eventually leaves. That must be depressing.

yes...yes it is.

twin4life
06-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves.

This

NYMetropolitans
06-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Milwaukee hasn't had a superstar in ages (I don't know if you wanna count Ray Ray). It's a nice basketball town. I'd give one to them.

Stack_NJNets
06-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Bobcats bruh

Kashmir13579
06-01-2011, 08:51 PM
TWolves!!! Well, they need another star and a better FO.

Sixerlover
06-01-2011, 08:54 PM
its the death of all the small market teams..... after the big three, melo going off to form another big 3 in newyork, its the ERA of Death of Small market teams, and SUPER TEAMS

OKC was 3 wins away from the finals. Memphis was 1 win away from the WCF. Atlanta was 2 wins away from the ECF. San Antonio had the best record in the NBA this season. Small market teams aren't going to just go away. NY and LA got swept. Large market teams aren't going to be the only ones competing.

JordansBulls
06-02-2011, 09:09 AM
OKC was 3 wins away from the finals. Memphis was 1 win away from the WCF. Atlanta was 2 wins away from the ECF. San Antonio had the best record in the NBA this season. Small market teams aren't going to just go away. NY and LA got swept. Large market teams aren't going to be the only ones competing.

Not to mention OKC in Seattle won a title before as did Atlanta when in St Louis.

JordansBulls
09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Bobcats bruh

They haven't been around long enough to need a star. Bulls existed 18 years before they got a superstar.

McPeak92
09-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Sixers, I miss Iverson. :(

sep11ie
09-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Houston Rockets.

goldenstater
09-29-2011, 03:11 PM
id say the Warriors, we have had plenty of stars/Franchise players in our teams history but not in quite a while! if the Warriors are good its good for the league( big market) but they have completely sucked for way to long and have killed their relativity which in a market the size as the one that their in is quite an amazing accomplishment. a superstar would bring them back to the big stage which i believe would be good for the league.

goldenstater
09-29-2011, 03:12 PM

good post.

Slimsim
09-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Bucks probably

gilly
09-29-2011, 03:26 PM
I'd love the Sixers to get a superstar SG. If we can get a really great wing scorer (Harrison Barnes would do nicely, probably won't be bad enough though) to take the reins from Iggy and a solid defensive center, team could contend. We'd be very solid, great defensively, and Coach Collins would coach them very well.

greg_ory_2005
09-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Raptors. We suck. :(

Hawkeye15
09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
I want to say Kevin Love is a future superstar, but I am not so sure. The Wolves are definately in need of a prime time scorer and defender, a great two way player.

sep11ie
09-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Sixers, I miss Iverson. :(

The Sim League Spurs.

EaglesJackson10
09-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Everyone is going to say their team unless they already have a star player. So on that note the Sixers.

KnicksorBust
09-29-2011, 03:52 PM

Bobcats are the only team on that list that hasn't had a Franchise Player. Problem is they live in the purgatory of the NBA where they won't get one in the draft and don't have cap to get one in FA.

smith&wesson
09-29-2011, 04:03 PM
alot of those teams have players who are borderline stars arleady.

golden state - ellis
philli - iggy
milwakee - bogut
indiana - granger
minnisota - love
sacremento - evans

toronto & charlotte are in desperate need of a star player... if were talking super star or franchise player then all teams listed above need one.

KnicksorBust
09-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Toronto may have been screwed over by them but VC and Bosh >>>>> anything Charlotte's ever had.

JasonJohnHorn
09-29-2011, 04:15 PM
The Pistons NEED to be on this list!

Hitman21
09-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh, also Denver, what good did Melo do there? Once he was gone that team played way better.

thats because the knicks dumped their entire roster into that team

Hitman21
09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Wizards need a superstar....wall, durant, and mcgee would make for a sick squad

alitapa
09-29-2011, 04:24 PM
who the hell voted for sacramento? they have tyreke and cousins ready to break out into stardom over the next few years

goldenstater
09-29-2011, 04:32 PM

BTW love your sig! loved all those players. but you do know that Wilt photo is when he was a Warrior though right?;)

Rocketsfan85
09-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Houston

JWO35
09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Charlotte Bobcats...their best player is DJ Augustin :puke:

Sixerlover
09-29-2011, 05:08 PM
BTW love your sig! loved all those players. but you do know that Wilt photo is when he was a Warrior though right?;)

:( yeah, I guess they couldn't find a pic of him in a Sixers uni

BUT the team was still in Philly, so I'm giving it some credit :up:

greg_ory_2005
09-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Toronto may have been screwed over by them but VC and Bosh >>>>> anything Charlotte's ever had.

You seem to be forgetting a player/GOD that the Bobcats used to have.

Stack_NJNets
09-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Bobcats+Bucks+T Wolves+Rockets

WolvesJagsOs
09-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Yeah, im not sure people should consider the Wolves in need of a star player. Klove definetely is more than likely that next big time player imo, just need a team around him (with the addition of Adelman in the offseason, im confident this young team full of potential finally takes that next step).

Soxsnation4life
09-29-2011, 09:51 PM
The Miami Heat

ombada
09-30-2011, 09:38 AM
If the question was who needs a star the most to contend, i would chose the Pacers. They are one star away from being a force in the east. but as the question is, either the Bobcats, Minny or toronto.

JordansBulls
09-30-2011, 03:46 PM
The Pistons NEED to be on this list!

Maybe so, but at least they managed a title in the 2000's.