PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Bemoans Not Being Asked to Join Heat

ajnapoleon
05-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Not that we are greedy or anything, but can Miami Heat fans imagine what might have been if Pat Riley were able to sign Dirk Nowitzki along with Dwyane Wade and LeBron James?

That pie in the sky idea wasn't so far-fetched, the former NBA MVP told a German magazine recently.

“It would already have to be an unbelievable situation to go somewhere, for instance with LeBron or Wade just to play in Miami,” Dirk told Crossover-Online.de. “I would only be changed if it was an incredible situation that would have been offered. For example, LeBron and Wade comes to me and says 'Hey, you want to come to Miami?' That would have been a situation where I would have to consider.”

Chris Bosh is a really good player and all (and very funny to boot), but at 7-feet with arguably the sweetest stroke in the business, Nowitzki is a nightmare to cover, without superstar teammates. And he wants a ring just as badly as LeBronNowitzki eventually re-signed with the Dallas Mavericks, but it appears all D-Wade had to do was make a call or take a trip to Berlin to bring some German hops to South Beach.

But alas, Nowitzki wasn't in D-Wade's Fave Five or on his Facebook friends list so he didn't get the recruiting call.

Maybe it's for the best because with all the hate being targeted at the Heat, the last country we want to upset is Germany.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Dirk-Bemoans-Not-Being-Asked-to-Join-Heat-99496869.html

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I guess 2 of the best players in the league is not enough for Heat fans

ajnapoleon
05-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah...remember the duncan grant hill and tracy thing that almost happend in 2000?...i keep saying players want to win....

ajnapoleon
05-30-2011, 01:23 PM
(Asked about Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson’s comments regarding the Miami stars teaming up, Dirk said: “If you look at the Lakers … they have accumulated a lot of incredible players,” adding that it is “simply not possible” for one superstar to win a championship alone. “You need at least two superstars today to get to the championship … The league is so strong that it takes so much talent to win a the end.”

gotoHcarolina52
05-30-2011, 01:26 PM
If Dirk were a few years younger, it would have been a great fit. Dirk is clearly the better player. But at 32, though, I can understand why they went with the 27-year-old Bosh. And, obviously, the fact that Wade and Bosh are friends helped.

Hoopsadvocate
05-30-2011, 01:36 PM
I guess 2 of the best players in the league is not enough for Heat fans

Its about about dirk bemoaning not being asked to join the heat no the heat wishing they asked dirk.

Stop trying to spin it any other way.

Or go back into the bulls forum and come back to the NBA forum in Few weeks and overrate ur players again for next season

Tmath
05-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Its about about dirk bemoaning not being asked to join the heat no the heat wishing they asked dirk.

Or go back into the bulls forum and come back to the NBA forum in Few weeks and overrate ur players again for next season

Oh, like all you heat fans don't say player x would look great in a heat uniform. Just go look at the JR Smith arrested thread :facepalm:.

Rivera
05-30-2011, 01:42 PM
i do remember a thread on PSD that said

dirk would have thought about joining the heat if asked

i remember there was an article about that with dirk or his agent that said if wade and lebron would have came to dirk to form a big 3 he would have considered to join it since it would have been a once in a life time oppurtunity

im to lazy to do the research someone can but i do remember him being intrigued about forming a big 3 with wade and lebron its just he was never asked by either of them two

its honestly hard for me to say if dirk would have been a great fit or not just because offensivley dirk would fit perfect...defensivley IDK i remember people complaning about bosh being on defense and TBH he is one of there anchors on defense now

valade16
05-30-2011, 01:43 PM

Except he didn't bemoan anything, that is you inferring something that simply isn't there. He said he'd think about going to the heat if Wade called, he didn't even say he would've gone.

Yeah, he really bemoans being in his 2nd finals lol

CBCable
05-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Dirk saying he'd have to consider an offer from two of the top five players in the game to join forces is hardly bemoaning the lack of said offer.

Can you read?

beasted86
05-30-2011, 01:52 PM
WTF? Why delete all those posts? That was classic ownage.

Hoopsadvocate
05-30-2011, 01:53 PM
If he didnt wanna come he wouldn't need o think about it period. If he has to think ably he obviously would have liked comin here. No that I care were fine and he's fine difference is were fine for the next couple years while this may be his last shot.

Meanwhile if he and bosh let's say switched places dirk would have multiple attempts which is why I understand why the article uses the word bemoans.

Not that he regrets it just that it's a very very tempting offer (if he would have got it) and an amazing opportunity career wise.

AllBall
ajnapoleon is not a Heat fan.

justinnum1
i like bosh, guy has really stepped it up and i wouldn;t be surprised if his numbers arent that different than dirk this series.

Shareeb_omac2
Lebron and Wade are racist. That's why they didn't ask Dirk to join. They thought he wouldn't be able to keep up when it came time to dance in front of all the Heat fans before the season started.

Hoopsadvocate
05-30-2011, 01:56 PM
^ lol he would have busted out some hasselhoff moves. Heat fans would have cheered !

Stuckey#3
05-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Not that we are greedy or anything, but can Miami Heat fans imagine what might have been if Pat Riley were able to sign Dirk Nowitzki along with Dwyane Wade and LeBron James?

That pie in the sky idea wasn't so far-fetched, the former NBA MVP told a German magazine recently.

“It would already have to be an unbelievable situation to go somewhere, for instance with LeBron or Wade just to play in Miami,” Dirk told Crossover-Online.de. “I would only be changed if it was an incredible situation that would have been offered. For example, LeBron and Wade comes to me and says 'Hey, you want to come to Miami?' That would have been a situation where I would have to consider.”

Chris Bosh is a really good player and all (and very funny to boot), but at 7-feet with arguably the sweetest stroke in the business, Nowitzki is a nightmare to cover, without superstar teammates. And he wants a ring just as badly as LeBronNowitzki eventually re-signed with the Dallas Mavericks, but it appears all D-Wade had to do was make a call or take a trip to Berlin to bring some German hops to South Beach.

But alas, Nowitzki wasn't in D-Wade's Fave Five or on his Facebook friends list so he didn't get the recruiting call.

Maybe it's for the best because with all the hate being targeted at the Heat, the last country we want to upset is Germany.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Dirk-Bemoans-Not-Being-Asked-to-Join-Heat-99496869.html

Not greedy... but cocky that's fordamnsure. I remember a time when stupid **** like this went in the respective teams forum.

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Oh, like all you heat fans don't say player x would look great in a heat uniform. Just go look at the JR Smith arrested thread :facepalm:.

I even saw one Heat fan with a pic of Dwight in a Heat uniform in their sig on this forum, LOLOLOL

SOME Heat fans want all top 3 players in the NBA on their team so they can really and truly kill competition in the NBA for the next 10 years

Hoopsadvocate
05-30-2011, 02:07 PM
I even saw one Heat fan with a pic of Dwight in a Heat uniform in their sig on this forum, LOLOLOL

SOME Heat fans want all top 3 players in the NBA on their team so they can really and truly kill competition in the NBA for the next 10 years

Dwight to the heat is obviously an exaggeration and a joke if ucant see that then...

But I suppose I know what u mean kinda like when we saw bulls fans with lebron in bulls uniform this past summer LOLOL

beasted86
05-30-2011, 02:07 PM

Since when is there something wrong with fans wanting the best players on their team?

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Since when is there something wrong with fans wanting the best players on their team?

you're probably right, fans will be fans, there's nothing wrong with it.

AllBall
05-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Not greedy... but cocky that's fordamnsure. I remember a time when stupid **** like this went in the respective teams forum.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/search.php?searchid=19658220&pp=25

ajnapoleon
Total Posts: 41
Total Posts in Heat Forum: 0
Total Posts in NBA Forum: 41

Yeah, he's not a Heat fan. :rolleyes:

BALLER R
05-30-2011, 02:15 PM
obviously they didnt call dirk...bosh wade n lebron all came together long before they were free agents, it just a matter of where they would play. common sense don't say where's the proof because you don't need to be a genius to see that.

theheatles
05-30-2011, 02:17 PM

there's something wrong with that? :cool:

avrpatsfan
05-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Lebron/Wade/Dirk would be unstoppable. Wow.

ne3xchamps
05-30-2011, 02:25 PM
These ****ing what if threads are getting out of control. Close this ********. Another classic thread in the NBA forum.

Super.
05-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Lebron and Wade are racist. That's why they didn't ask Dirk to join. They thought he wouldn't be able to keep up when it came time to dance in front of all the Heat fans before the season started.

I came in here to say something, but im just going to leave laughing at this

WickedBadMan
05-30-2011, 02:32 PM
"Bemoans", pretty strong word to use considering he said he would, "have to think about it".

But yeah that team would have been unbeatable for at least the next 3 years, and probably would break the Bulls regular season record.

gotoHcarolina52
05-30-2011, 02:34 PM

Dwight and CP3 will each sign with the HEAT for half the MLE each. Book it.

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:40 PM

:no:

Stuckey#3
05-30-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/search.php?searchid=19658220&pp=25

ajnapoleon
Total Posts: 41
Total Posts in Heat Forum: 0
Total Posts in NBA Forum: 41

Yeah, he's not a Heat fan. :rolleyes:

75% of this kids threads are about Lebron. But yeah this **** is petty.

daleja424
05-30-2011, 03:25 PM
LOL at all the "HEAT fans are greedy" crap

You guys will bash HEAT fans for anything. As if you don't want these guys on your team As if you wouldnt want to talk about it if it had said Dirk had thoughts about joining YOUR team. Grow up people...

210Don
05-30-2011, 03:28 PM
wow i would have loved to see that i would have rooted for dirk so much!

Master Mind
05-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Can't we all just get along :sigh:

ajnapoleon
05-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Nope not a heat fan... Just putting out info on players mindsets. Players want to win all this stuff about players doing it themselves and loyalty are funny... We kill them over and over about rings treat them like they are less than human because they don't got one when the did everything in their power to get one. Like Ewing I seen that man sweat gallons in the forth quarter for his team... Do we clap for him? No we say hey no rings he is not worth the time and barkley one of the greasy power forward ever at 6'4 but hey he don't have any rings forget him... Players thy was kids at this time see this and they don't want to see the same fate so they don't want to wait on the front office to get them the other star... It's simple really

Yanks All Day
05-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Fully believe Dirk would have joined Miami had Wade and LeBron recruited him instead of Bosh, but can also see why they went in the Bosh direction as well. They're all friends, have played together, and Bosh is considerably younger. Why not have 3 stars all in their primes at once on one team if they could? We can all see how amazing Dirk is, but I actually think Bosh was the smarter choice going forward. Dirk, LeBron, and Wade would have been incredible to watch, though. LeBron and Dirk are 2 of the 3 most unguardable players in the league, along with D12.

ne3xchamps
05-30-2011, 05:19 PM

You're joking right? I hope so or you have some of the best sticky green anyone can get their hands on. :laugh2:

Cromedome
05-31-2011, 04:30 AM
Bemoan, lol.

stlbest5in2013
05-31-2011, 05:17 AM

this is stupid. all the heat being targeted at the heat? if the big 3 and pat riley did not want the attention, then thier total lack of respect for the free agent process would have never happened. the big 3, i mean little 2.5 and riley wanted all the attention good, and bad so stop with the victim of unjust hate card.

Wade>You
06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Dirk should've signed for the minimum.

LA_Raiders
06-06-2011, 08:26 PM
3 ball hogs? In the same team?

VCaintdead17
06-10-2011, 01:03 AM
I still think Dirk is gonna join Miami when it's all said and done.

king4day
06-10-2011, 01:07 AM
I still think Dirk is gonna join Miami when it's all said and done.

I think if Dallas wins this series, there's no reason for him to leave Dallas. He can retire a Mav and as a Dallas hero. Not going anywhere during free agency and taking less money has made me believe he's there for good.

mttwlsn16
06-10-2011, 01:10 AM

:laugh:

VCaintdead17
06-10-2011, 01:17 AM
I think if Dallas wins this series, there's no reason for him to leave Dallas. He can retire a Mav and as a Dallas hero. Not going anywhere during free agency and taking less money has made me believe he's there for good.

Twas a joke

sf-fanatic
06-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Dirk will beat Lebron and take his talents to South Beach to win an NBA championship before Lebron.

Sandman
06-10-2011, 04:44 AM
this is the Elmer Fudd post of the playoffs. If you can't beat 'em, they should have been on the team in the first place.