PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Pistons are probably firing head coach John Kuester

NBA_Starter
05-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Detroit Pistons head coach John Kuester will not be returning for the 2011-12 season, according to sources. Although there has been no official word from the Pistons, sources say it is expected that president Joe Dumars and his staff will be returning. Hired in 2009 to be the franchise's 27th head coach, Kuester has posted a 57-107 mark in his two years in Detroit. ESPN.com

Kuester's time with the Pistons has been marked by several personality clashes, most notably with Richard Hamilton, Rodney Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince and Tracy McGrady. ESPN.com

There were also reports of a player-led protest of Kuester this past season as several of the team's veterans failed to show up for a team practice. ESPN.com

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

Gators123
05-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Tom Gores will officially own the Pistons next week. Kuester will be gone soon.

Marc Stein-

One candidate sure to be considered as Kuester replacement in Detroit, according to NBA coaching sources: Ex-Pistons assistant Mike Woodson

LionsFan..LOL
05-29-2011, 11:13 PM
With the owner situation stable, I'm hoping we actually go after somebody with coaching expierence no matter the price instead of the cheaper route (Kuester, Curry).

TheHighLife
05-29-2011, 11:32 PM
That'd probably be a good idea.

Raoul Duke
05-29-2011, 11:35 PM
I feel bad for Kuester. He comes off as a genuinely nice guy who really understands the game. He was given a difficult group and a difficult situation and mismanaged the hell out of it, and sadly that might be the only chance he ever gets.

Then again, I'm really happy he's gone, so... **** 'im.

FriedTofuz
05-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Poor guy, his team turned against him, no respect. Hope he can find a new job elsewhere, like south beach.

Dash
05-29-2011, 11:51 PM
I do feel bad for Que, I hate him like ****, but his players were also a piece of ****.

But still Im happy to see him gone.

I bet you we will get Rockets Old Coach

mgsports
05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Isah Thomas?

Storch
05-31-2011, 12:44 PM
The Detroit Pistons has just turned into a dark hole. Everyone that goes there just depreciates one way or another, may it be skill, talent, trade value, signing value, or coaching value. It's sad to see. They were so good during the chauncey, rip, tayshaun, sheed, and ben era.

IDB Josh M
05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Is it because Kuester is a bad coach, or because Detroit is a bad team?

DeyAce
05-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Brian Shaw

TheDetroitBlue
05-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Is it because Kuester is a bad coach, or because Detroit is a bad team?

Both, gotta blow this team up now, who ever is coming in will have atleast 1 maybe 2-3 young players to build around. (Stuckey if they resign, Jerebko, and Monroe)

Sadds The Gr8
05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
shoulda been done a long time ago. the guy sucks.

JLynn943
05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Dumars needs to be next

Raoul Duke
05-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Dumars needs to be next

You should put on your clown shoes before you make statements like that. We're still over .500 in the playoffs and the regular season since Dumars took over. We had a great run that included two finals trips and an executive of the year award for Joe. You don't fire a guy because the dead owner's widow puts a freeze on the budget for over a year. Or... I dunno, maybe you would? Look at your sig, foo.

Chi StateOfMind
05-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Players don't wanna play for him so it MUST be done.

JLynn943
06-01-2011, 04:10 PM
You should put on your clown shoes before you make statements like that. We're still over .500 in the playoffs and the regular season since Dumars took over. We had a great run that included two finals trips and an executive of the year award for Joe. You don't fire a guy because the dead owner's widow puts a freeze on the budget for over a year. Or... I dunno, maybe you would? Look at your sig, foo.

lol, a lot of people in the Piston's forum were clamoring for him to be fired over the Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva contracts and the Iverson trade, so talk to them first. Dumars has seemingly lost it.

TheHighLife
06-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Who are they going to replace him with?

Deception
06-02-2011, 02:23 AM
lol, a lot of people in the Piston's forum were clamoring for him to be fired over the Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva contracts and the Iverson trade, so talk to them first. Dumars has seemingly lost it.

Iverson trade was the owners request not the GM

Phenomenonsense
06-02-2011, 02:55 AM

And there are Pistons fans who want to trade away Rip + 8th for nothing, hate Stuckey's "inefficiency" but want Jennings (lol), want us to take JUJUAN JOHNSON 8th overall, and trade down to get Faried. Just because dumb people say things doesn't make it a good idea.