PDA

View Full Version : Donaghy: NBA allows Lebron to travel

Pages : [1] 2

FriedTofuz
05-29-2011, 10:09 PM
EX NBA Referee Tim Donaghy exposes that the nba refs allowed lebron to travel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUzJXxenIjc&feature=player_embedded#at=93

Woow...

ryang
05-29-2011, 10:13 PM
He says every thing you shouldnt listen... My neighboor who is a ball boy told me that the coaches allow them to have water or gatorade... crazy huh?? Im sure they did so what did they allow Jordan to do??

Chill_Will_24
05-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Hope this doesnt get closed cuz its complete truth. This guy may be crooked but he still knows what hes talking about and knows the ins and outs of NBA politics

Punk
05-29-2011, 10:15 PM
He gonna end up dead and Stern will make it look like an accident.

beasted86
05-29-2011, 10:17 PM
10+ Pages of haters chiming in..... Go!

For the record, I don't disagree that it was a bad call by the refs. What I completely disagree with is the conspiracy that they allow him to travel. He was called for traveling at least 5 times in the series. Unless that guy had a list of referees ahead of time of the ones who are "in" on the conspiracy, and the ones who are out, I don't believe him.

Because you can't have it both ways and say, "Oh, well that referee is one of the guys who calls it fair" later. Either everyone is in on the plot or nothing.

ryang
05-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Ask him what they allowed the stars of past to do... IM SURE EVERY GOOD PLAYER WAS ALLOWED SOMETHING ATLEAST THE JORDAN'S SHAQ'S AND KOBE'S WERE...

kozelkid
05-29-2011, 10:20 PM
In all honesty, as great of a player as Lebron is, I've never seen such bad footwork for such a star player. Hence, a big reason, why I can't imagine that he will develop a reliable post game like MJ or Kobe did as they got older.

FriedTofuz

For the record, I don't disagree that it was a bad call by the refs. What I completely disagree with is the conspiracy that they allow him to travel. He was called for traveling at least 5 times in the series.

I'm not trying to encourage hate. Im a lebron fan, Im just bringing this to attention of other NBA fans, because Donaghy is right...

ManRam
Stern tells refs to let LeBron travel.

Come on, if you believe that, you're crazy. Traveling is officiated the same for all players...poorly...but the same.

Donaghy isn't trustworthy at all. He's already opened his mouth about a ton of things that have been proven to be false.

Yes, Lebron gets away with tons of travels, but go look at http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/ and their "Have Ball, Will Travel" section. They nail just about every single star.

Crackadalic
05-29-2011, 10:21 PM
He's like that guy from American Gangster. He used to be the bad guy but now he is gonna rat on all the wrong doing the refs has been doing for years.

ATX
05-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Donaghy, again with his bitterness and ax to grind. / This worthless thread. Players get away with travels all the damn time. To single out LeBron is ridiculous. Donaghy isn't credible.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-29-2011, 10:24 PM
It was a travel and I saw that when it happened. But is Donaghey going to make a video for every missed call from now on to try to prove his point? The guy is a loser still trying to make a buck off the NBA. You know someone is paying him to do these videos and pimp that website.

P.S. The NBA may allow Lebron to travel, but PSD allows no ill words to be spoke of him. In before the lock

airforceones25
05-29-2011, 10:29 PM
this is old.... your title is stupid misleading... NBA allows every player to travel and carry so get used to it.

jockrider
05-29-2011, 10:30 PM
lol is traveling even a violation anymore? everyone travels nowadays.

John Walls Era
05-29-2011, 10:30 PM
He might be right, but its not just Lebron. They've been allowing the "3 step rule" for years now.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-29-2011, 10:32 PM
He might be right, but its not just Lebron. They've been allowing the "3 step rule" for years now.

Its actually called a crab dribble

ryang
05-29-2011, 10:32 PM
I allowed his girlfriend to come over when he was gone... Espn just broke that 2 so it's true

KingPosey
05-29-2011, 10:35 PM
That was traveling for sure, but did he uncover a major cover up? Did we all not know stars get star calls?

It was more of a self plug than a major news break.

airforceones25
05-29-2011, 10:37 PM
NBA allows KOBE to travel... Such a shame! :facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M-l9BrQado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trSw-UOPSPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLTgLm-RMWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh5nkESu5TA

The Six step- hahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC-NI1qJlvE

broncosfan4eva
05-29-2011, 10:37 PM
The truth, but a lot of NBAers travel without it being called
That being said I think they really need to change the way they call travels and make it more strict

broncosfan4eva
05-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I allowed his girlfriend to come over when he was gone... Espn just broke that 2 so it's true

Grow up a little bit please?all I'm asking for is a little

DODGERS&LAKERS
This is the worst travel in the history of basketball. I guess the NBA was trying to get good ol' Dan Majerle to be a superstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9Z1wAwQtM

Ty Fast
and they let mj push off

KingPosey
Its actually called a crab dribble

lol that is not a crab dribble. Thats not even close to what the definition of a crab dribble is. The play in question is about traveling, he isnt even dribbling at the moment in question. How can it be a crab DRIBBLE, if he isnt dribbling.

and here is just one of the many videos of other pros calling lebrons move a travel, and it isnt Charles barkely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF3P2Lr9NAY

And Im not an LBJ passionate hater either so stop it before you post it. The NBA doesnt call the travel, and there is no doubt 2 or 3 certain players are given even more liberty with it.

JB0B0

This is probably true lol

still1ballin
05-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Thats not a travel. Thats a crab dribble. Shame on you D.

beasted86
05-29-2011, 10:43 PM
This is the worst travel in the history of basketball. I guess the NBA was trying to get good ol' Dan Majerle to be a superstar

:facepalm: damn shame.

My favorite is still Corey Maggette:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN_ljDfevB0

Cano4prez
05-29-2011, 10:44 PM
In all honesty, as great of a player as Lebron is, I've never seen such bad footwork for such a star player. Hence, a big reason, why I can't imagine that he will develop a reliable post game like MJ or Kobe did as they got older.

His post game is already more effective than Kobe's look at the stats.

Cano4prez
05-29-2011, 10:45 PM
And uncalled travels happen several times in literally every game... Hell Rose got an uncalled carry and travel in the last 2 minutes of game 5

metsbulls1025
05-29-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rE102IfC98&feature=related

Here is another one he does where the ref is looking right at it and makes the bad call.

airforceones25
05-29-2011, 10:50 PM
^ no thread is complete with the whining bulls fan. lol

still1ballin
05-29-2011, 10:51 PM

Bruno
05-29-2011, 10:52 PM
LeBron gets away with traveling all the time.

...as do countless other players. No story here; surprised to see Donaghy go so public with this kind of stuff. That video had less than 400 hits, nobody knows about that video.

ryang
Grow up a little bit please?all I'm asking for is a little

12/16/83 U??? it was a joke to show how ridiculous this thread's title really is... Grow up??

JIDsanity
Lol, Im trippin right now. I saw the title and thought "why cant he travel during the season?"

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-29-2011, 10:53 PM
:facepalm: damn shame.

My favorite is still Corey Maggette:

That one was pretty bad too. What I like about those travels is that they were fringe players making them, and the refs missed them. Any rational person should be able to come to the conclusion that missed calls happen for every team and every player, not just Lebron or the other stars

kozelkid
05-29-2011, 11:00 PM
His post game is already more effective than Kobe's look at the stats.

I'd love to see the stats, not to mention I can't imagine Lebron has a very high sample size playing in the post.

and they let mj push off

And yet the 90s Bulls were consistently in the bottom third in the league when it came to FTA. The reality is stars began to get away with calls starting in the early 2000s when NBA was not doing so well in terms of talent pool and with the retirement of MJ. The fact that MJ got star calls relative to the stars today is a complete myth.

Badluck33
Donaghy told me predicted the Heat to beat the Bulls because they were getting the calls.

He told me this after game 1.

metsbulls1025
^ no thread is complete with the whining bulls fan. lol

Nice attempt at being funny. Did a whine? No. I just posted another video pointing out how bad the officiating is in the league which no one can say it is not.

Badluck33
He also predicts Dallas in 7.

Cano4prez
05-29-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd love to see the stats, not to mention I can't imagine Lebron has a very high sample size playing in the post.

James, mechanical though he can appear, has 160 post-up possessions to his name this season, shooting 52.4 percent, drawing a shooting foul 8.8 percent of the time and scoring at least a single point on over half the plays. Better yet, he scores 1.03 points per post-up, which ranks him 19th in the league.

Thatís among all NBA players, not just small forwards or wing players.

For comparisonís sake, Bryant, in an offense built around versatile players who can operate in the post, has 300 post-ups, but he is ranked 39th in the league scoring 0.97 points per possession, while getting to the free-throw line 1.5 percent less. Effectively, for every 100 possessions, James scores six more points than Bryant.

Among other swingmen known for their post-up capabilities, Carmelo Anthony is 51st with .94 PPP in 274 post-ups, Joe Johnson 26th in 202 possessions (1.00 PPP) and Paul Pierce 10th at 1.13 PPP in 120 post-ups.

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/evolution_post_game_110412.html

This season, James has scored points on exactly 50 percent of his 56 post-up plays that resulted in a shot attempt or foul, according to Synergy Sports. Last season, that number was 58 percent. In fact, no player in the league with a minimum of 100 shot attempts in the post generated a higher point of possession on post plays than James did in 2009-10. Bosh ranked second, with Dirk Nowitzki, Zach Randolph and Tim Duncan rounding out the Top 5

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/3950/lebron-james-mans-his-post

ryang
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
The only people who feel the refs suck are those who are fishing right now.. TRUE story...

TheHighLife
05-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Might as well let everyone travel then since they suck at calling it anyways.

metsbulls1025
05-29-2011, 11:07 PM
The only people who feel the refs suck are those who are fishing right now.. TRUE story...

How many videos have just been posted in here of obvious things that don't get called.

1. They are crooked

2. They are bad

3. They are crooked and bad

BALLER R
05-29-2011, 11:07 PM
we know..that's how he got to take his talent to south beach

kozelkid
05-29-2011, 11:08 PM
http://www.nba.com/heat/news/evolution_post_game_110412.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/3950/lebron-james-mans-his-post

Interesting. Not convinced though that he'll be able to adjust in such a manner when his athleticism begins to wane. It's much different posting up when you are in your prime athleticism, explosion, speed, etc. It's going to be FAR more footwork dependent 3 years down the road or so. Can't say I'm very optimistic, but what do I know.

ryang
05-29-2011, 11:09 PM
there are alot of bad calls in the NFL 2... baseball as well... i mean ive seen some bad one's... Im not gonna keep cryin about it unless my team is fishing

Giraffes Rule
05-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Is it really news that the refs don't call traveling much?

ryang
05-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Interesting. Not convinced though that he'll be able to adjust in such a manner when his athleticism begins to wane. It's much different posting up when you are in your prime athleticism, explosion, speed, etc. It's going to be FAR more footwork dependent 3 years down the road or so. Can't say I'm very optimistic, but what do I know.

So you are hating 2 a point of no return.. yes 5 years from now lebron wont be the same.. wow im shocked... pretty sure he wont be irrelavent at 30 just sayin... or 32 ... so that gives us 6 to 7 years of lebron im fine with that

mdm692
05-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Hahahahah hilarious how mostly heat fans that get mad about this. . .sure everybdoy does it but nobody takes more advantage than lebron. . .also notice how every time wade fades when he shoots he uses his leg to push off in a kickin type way yet he is the one gettin fouled but thats the nba for u

kozelkid
05-29-2011, 11:18 PM
So you are hating 2 a point of no return.. yes 5 years from now lebron wont be the same.. wow im shocked... pretty sure he wont be irrelavent at 30 just sayin... or 32 ... so that gives us 6 to 7 years of lebron im fine with that

"hating"? What are you a child? Type properly for starters.

My point is simple. I expect Lebron to have at least another 3-4 years of elite basketball where he will likely be the best in the league. Following that, as his athleticism goes, I expect a fairly steep decline. No, not as steep as guy like Carter or Tmac, but I don't expect him to have the longevity of a MJ or Kobe where you beat your opponent with your advanced footwork and not your explosion and elite athleticism, which is currently how Lebron beats his defender. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I haven't seen the footwork either.

Giraffes Rule
05-29-2011, 11:22 PM

Kobe's 32, will be 33 next season. He's had to change his game the past couple of years. It's not so outlandish to say that Lebron will have to make adjustments, especially when a big part of his game is being bigger, faster, and stronger than his opponent. I don't think he'll have a problem adjusting, but he will need to.

sventhedog
05-29-2011, 11:25 PM
donaghy will be starring in the movie goodfellas 2.

of course, nba lets lebron get away with something. he's the face of the nba. he may seem more like a clown but the nba is depending on him to earn them money.

i hate lebron but all superstars get away with something. hence the term superstar's call. not really fair but that's just the way it is.

it takes effort for a player to reach superstar level. so i guess 'being allowed to travel' is one of the rewards.

if you were in stern's shoes and lebron the face of the nba. would you advertise his dunks? or his diaper rash?

if you call travel, he can't dunk. espn would have no highlights then the nba will file for bankruptcy.

ryang
05-29-2011, 11:26 PM
"hating"? What are you a child? Type properly for starters.

My point is simple. I expect Lebron to have at least another 3-4 years of elite basketball where he will likely be the best in the league. Following that, as his athleticism goes, I expect a fairly steep decline. No, not as steep as guy like Carter or Tmac, but I don't expect him to have the longevity of a MJ or Kobe where you beat your opponent with your advanced footwork and not your explosion and elite athleticism, which is currently how Lebron beats his defender. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I haven't seen the footwork either.

Sorry im 28 but I don't take pride in my typing on PSD I apologize...

I was just laughing to myself..

Do you really think Lebron will have a decline when he is 30?? Im sure there will be some but not much... The coach of the mavs said it best "Don't underestimate greatness".. But hey you are the expert and you must not like Lebron which by your wording and typing I assumed you were very young and tried to let you fully understand what i was sayin... ( that means i said hating so you would understand)..

So I will say you really dislike Lebron because you are talking about four years from now... You should stop unless it really makes you feel better...

For the record you are how old?? and do you have your own place of residents?? What about kids?? Good job??

DeyAce
05-29-2011, 11:27 PM
nothing not already known

Pete Dahh Sneak
05-29-2011, 11:28 PM
The NBA allows everyone to travel. I can't even watch basketball anymore without noticing it.

ryang
05-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Kobe's 32, will be 33 next season. He's had to change his game the past couple of years. It's not so outlandish to say that Lebron will have to make adjustments, especially when a big part of his game is being bigger, faster, and stronger than his opponent. I don't think he'll have a problem adjusting, but he will need to.

I never said he would not slow down but he certainly will not go from great to good IMO expecially when he has WADE and BOSH to give him much needed rest in the regular season which in turn should give him fresher legs or prolong his career or there careers for that matter...

Jaji
05-29-2011, 11:30 PM

This.

Isolating it to only LeBron is just another pathetic attempt.

kozelkid
05-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Sorry im 28 but I don't take pride in my typing on PSD I apologize...

I was just laughing to myself..

Do you really think Lebron will have a decline when he is 30?? Im sure there will be some but not much... The coach of the mavs said it best "Don't underestimate greatness".. But hey you are the expert and you must not like Lebron which by your wording and typing I assumed you were very young and tried to let you fully understand what i was sayin... ( that means i said hating so you would understand)..

So I will say you really dislike Lebron because you are talking about four years from now... You should stop unless it really makes you feel better...

For the record you are how old?? and do you have your own place of residents?? What about kids?? Good job??

Decline? Sure. How much? That's the million dollar question.

It's my opinion, that is all. His footwork is bad, hence I think he will not shift his game as smoothly as others. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see, now won't we.

What's wrong with talking 4 years down the road. Forgive be for not beating the same dead horse regarding calls in the NBA. And forgive me for saying something critical about Lebron. I was unaware that that automatically means I hate a player.

For the record, I understand what "hating" means. I'm not that old. I just expect better grammar here. Pet peeve of mine. Just because it's online, does not mean people should type poorly.

godolphins
05-29-2011, 11:31 PM
He also predicts Dallas in 7.

He said if the rules are fairly applied

The key to this series is going to be the officiating, from start to finish. Miamiís physical style of defense always challenges the rules and if they are allowed to be as aggressive*using their hands on defense, itís going to be hard for Dallas to compete. If the rules are fairly applied and enforced the way they are written, Dallas has the best chance of a ring in the history of the franchise! And unlike 2006, any way you slice it, I donít see Dwyane Wade walking off with the MVP title again. So, I say Dallas in 7.

Here's a little dialogue from Donaghy

Cuban: Hey David, LeBron took three steps before he shot the winning basket!

Stern: Címon, Mark, James is a global icon.

Cuban: David, you turd, I was screwed in 2006, cut me some slack here.

Stern: Oh Mark, donít worry, just as I took care of Cleveland this year at the LotteryÖ****once you learn to shut up, Iíll take care of you, too!

http://www.dannyb.info/category/donaghys-blog/

metsbulls1025
05-29-2011, 11:32 PM
I like how the NBA has trained their fans to be OK with certain guys getting away with breaking the rules.

It is funny how superstars are allowed to get superstar calls and the fans have been trained to accept it and all they say it is what it is.

Kyben36
05-29-2011, 11:33 PM
I see alot of players get away with too many steps. Hell, I think players should take a stand. Refs ruin the games alot. a great thing would be to see the Players play By there rules, stand up to the refs. call their own fouls, call their own violations, and basicaly tell the refs to **** off. it would just be awsome to see IMO. if there is a foul, check the ball up and be a man about it. if you foul a guy on a shot, be honest, no more of this BS reffing in the NBA, players need to stand up.

as far a the threat, LIke I said, alot of players get away with too many steps.

ryang
05-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Decline? Sure. How much? That's the million dollar question.

It's my opinion, that is all. His footwork is bad, hence I think he will not shift his game as smoothly as others. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see, now won't we.

What's wrong with talking 4 years down the road. Forgive be for not beating the same dead horse regarding calls in the NBA.

For the record, I understand what "hating" means. I'm not that old. I just expect better grammar here. Pet peeve of mine. Just because it's online, does not mean people should type poorly.

I along with most people feel that anything negative about Lebron expecially a problem 4 years from now is called hating...

You said how old are you and that was due to grammar?Well I spell checked you..

Im sorry you feel my typing is worth "how old are you" but how old are you?? Lebron might struggle when he gets old?? make a thread you will have the biggest fan base on PSD

kjoke
05-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Why do you even trust this man? Hes working for some pimp in Las Vegas whose probably paying him alot to spew bullsht so people can buy his advice

bullcubbear23
05-29-2011, 11:48 PM
who knows it could be true, maybe I am wrong but the superstar players seem to always never get called for traveling, double dribble, carry, etc like all other NBA players. Superstars have always gotten better treatment where officiating has been concerned imo, and also, LeBron isnt the only one to get away with it.

PraiseJesus
05-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Is he tryin to get a job as an analyst?

Catfish1314
05-30-2011, 12:02 AM
:laugh2: Tim Donaghy. A gargantuan thorn in David Stern's side.

Honestly/technically LeBron does travel. But so do most players in the NBA. If it's all officiated the same, I have no problem with it.

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 12:12 AM
I along with most people feel that anything negative about Lebron expecially a problem 4 years from now is called hating...

You said how old are you and that was due to grammar?Well I spell checked you..

Im sorry you feel my typing is worth "how old are you" but how old are you?? Lebron might struggle when he gets old?? make a thread you will have the biggest fan base on PSD

Why is anything negative towards the Heat always considered hate? Can someone not have a discussion about anyone on the Heat without a Heat fan using the word hate? It must be the defense mechanism you fans have come up with or something.

All he did was give his opinion about what he thinks will happen to Lebron. He is also a very knowledgeable poster, but because he isn't a Heat supporter it is hate instead of opinion.

Hawkeye15
05-30-2011, 12:19 AM
you are allowed to travel in the NBA. In case anyone was wondering

D Roses Bulls
05-30-2011, 12:21 AM

Come on, if you believe that, you're crazy. Traveling is officiated the same for all players...poorly...but the same.

Donaghy isn't trustworthy at all. He's already opened his mouth about a ton of things that have been proven to be false.

Yes, Lebron gets away with tons of travels, but go look at http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/ and their "Have Ball, Will Travel" section. They nail just about every single star.

he crooked but what he said is right. i suggest you read his book and if you dont think the nba lets certain players get away with traveling then you must be a pretty new fan to the game. ray charles could see the crab dribble is a travel. its not hate, its fact.

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 12:34 AM

I don't even care about the travel because that is just a stupid way for him to look at the game.

Anyways do you think Donaghy was the only referee involved in this?

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 12:39 AM
A former FBI agent wrote his book and said he told the truth.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-08-02/news/17904855_1_referee-tim-donaghy-gambino

airforceones25
05-30-2011, 01:20 AM
A former FBI agent wrote his book and said he told the truth.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-08-02/news/17904855_1_referee-tim-donaghy-gambino

The man who put away John Gotti, baby-sat Sammy (Bull) Gravano, raided an Al Qaeda bomb factory and helped uncover the NBA betting scandal says Tim Donaghy told the truth.

Philip Scala, the recently retired FBI supervisory special agent in charge of the Gambino squad, which uncovered Donaghy's scheme of betting on basketball games he had officiated, said he believes the disgraced referee's claims that other refs were dirty.

Scala, one of the most respected law enforcement officials in the metropolitan area and a tower of integrity in the bureau, spoke exclusively with the Daily News about his storied career.

Donaghy, one of the most infamous turncoats he handled, came under withering criticism from the NBA for his allegations that other referees fixed the outcome of games.

"He was as emotional and remorseful as I've ever seen a cooperator," Scala said, just days after Donaghy was sentenced to 15 months in jail. "In the course of my relationship with him, I had the insight that he was intent on repaying his debt to society, restoring his family's faith in him and trying to make something better out of his life."

Wether he did or didn't doesn't mean one guys beliefs mean he told the truth... People are so loose with there translations and headings in this forum it's classic!

dolfan2909
05-30-2011, 01:49 AM
I think the thing most people in this thread are missing is that this isn't the normal travel players get away with such as the crab dribble or taking 3 steps on a drive, this is a slow paced travel in which he obviously moves his pivot foot, I am a fan of neither team but even I was screaming at the tv when it occurred and was furious when no analyst/announcer mentioned that it was an obvious travel, I'm a fan of basketball and this disgusts me, I like everyone else have no idea if this is part of a conspiracy or not but still it's plays like this that make the NBA a joke

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 01:53 AM
Wether he did or didn't doesn't mean one guys beliefs mean he told the truth... People are so loose with there translations and headings in this forum it's classic!

The FBI, not just this guy, believe he told the truth. However in a situation like whoever talks goes to jail. Tim Donaghy got caught. He didn't come forward. He explained exactly what was going on. Here is some things from his book.

The 2002 series certainly wasn't the first or last time Bavetta weighed in on an important game. He also worked Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Trail Blazers. The Lakers were down by 13 at the start of the fourth quarter when Bavetta went to work. The Lakers outscored Portland 31Ė13 in the fourth quarter and went on to win the game and the series. It certainly didn't hurt the Lakers that they got to shoot 37 free throws compared to a paltry 16 for the Trail Blazers.

Two weeks before the 2003Ė04 season ended, Bavetta and I were assigned to officiate a game in Oakland. That afternoon before the tip-off, we were discussing an upcoming game on our schedule. It was the last regular-season game we were scheduled to work, pitting Denver against San Antonio. Denver had lost a game a few weeks prior because of a mistake made by the referees, a loss that could be the difference between them making or missing the playoffs. Bavetta told me Denver needed the win and that it would look bad for the staff and the league if the Nuggets missed the playoffs by one game. There were still a few games left on the schedule before the end of the season, and the standings could potentially change. But on that day in Oakland, Bavetta looked at me and casually stated, "Denver will win if they need the game. That's why I'm on it."

I was thinking, How is Denver going to win on the road in San Antonio? At the time, the Spurs were arguably the best team in the league. Bavetta answered my question before it was asked.

"Duncan will be on the bench with three fouls within the first five minutes of the game," he calmly stated.

Bavetta went on to inform me that it wasn't the first time the NBA assigned him to a game for a specific purpose. He cited examples, including the 1993 playoff series when he put New Jersey guard Drazen Petrovic on the bench with quick fouls to help Cleveland beat the Nets. He also spoke openly about the 2002 Los AngelesĖSacramento series and called himself the NBA's "go-to guy."

As it turned out, Denver didn't need the win after all; they locked up a spot in the playoffs before they got to San Antonio. In a twist of fate, it was the Spurs that ended up needing the win to have a shot at the division title, and Bavetta generously accommodated. In our pregame meeting, he talked about how important the game was to San Antonio and how meaningless it was to Denver, and that San Antonio was going to get the benefit of the calls that night. Armed with this inside information, I called Jack Concannon before the game and told him to bet the Spurs.

To no surprise, we won big. San Antonio blew Denver out of the building that evening, winning by 26 points. When Jack called me the following morning, he expressed amazement at the way an NBA game could be manipulated. Sobering, yes; amazing, no. That's how the game is played in the National Basketball Association.

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 01:54 AM
I think the thing most people in this thread are missing is that this isn't the normal travel players get away with such as the crab dribble or taking 3 steps on a drive, this is a slow paced travel in which he obviously moves his pivot foot, I am a fan of neither team but even I was screaming at the tv when it occurred and was furious when no analyst/announcer mentioned that it was an obvious travel, I'm a fan of basketball and this disgusts me, I like everyone else have no idea if this is part of a conspiracy or not but still it's plays like this that make the NBA a joke

Exactly. This isn't a guy running in for a layup surrounded by 3-4 guys and going for a dunk. He is moving his pivot foot trying to create a better shot for himself right in front of the referee.

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 01:56 AM
and people say the NBA refs don't fix games...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-30-2011, 02:03 AM
Yeah LeBron is so good because NBA lets him travel...:laugh2:

D Roses Bulls
05-30-2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah LeBron is so good because NBA lets him travel...:laugh2:

nobody said that. god i wish lebron played in the 90's........ i bet you anything he would not be the player he is today. the first shot lebron took from malone he wouldn't be driving to the hoop again

MalZee24
05-30-2011, 02:04 AM
First of all, it really would be a laker fan to post this. Just give up laker fans.... all your hating on lebron and the heat made u look stupid. The heat are better than the lakers, lebron is better than kobe, just let it go and shut the hell up.

Second of all, this is why i like Tim Donaghy. He's trying to expose the rigged NBA for what it is... RIGGED. Props to Tim (although he shouldnt have been contributing to the rigging) but at least he's trying to expose the rest of the league.

Third, did anyone else see Jason Kidd's travel when he hit that huge 3 to end the Thunder? Where's the clip on that one? Distribute the heat equally laker fan. Just because lebron and kidd did the same thing doesn't mean u can only point out lebron.... they both traveled.

MalZee24
05-30-2011, 02:06 AM
nobody said that. god i wish lebron played in the 90's........ i bet you anything he would not be the player he is today. the first shot lebron took from malone he wouldn't be driving to the hoop again

u sound pretty dumb right now. lebron would KEEP going to the hoop to foul malone out, get free throws, and maybe try to get malone ejected for some flagrants. malone is 6'9 and 265. lebron is 6'8 and 260. Not THAT much of a difference whereas you boy Rose was pulling up for jumpers when lebron was locking him down in the last series. Who was scared of driving to the hoop there huh? LOL

airforceones25
05-30-2011, 02:07 AM
The FBI, not just this guy, believe he told the truth. However in a situation like whoever talks goes to jail. Tim Donaghy got caught. He didn't come forward. He explained exactly what was going on. Here is some things from his book.

I'm not trying to pick hairs but you must be the most gullible person ever. Just because some is from the FBI or of prominence doesn't mean anything... Presidents(politicians), FBI(among other federal agencies), Athletes, Musicians and on and on... The list is endless. People lie. Don't believe what you read..

Wether or not it was the truth or not in this situation is irrelevant to the fact lies/mistake occur.

D Roses Bulls
05-30-2011, 02:10 AM
u sound pretty dumb right now. lebron would KEEP going to the hoop to foul malone out, get free throws, and maybe try to get malone ejected for some flagrants. malone is 6'9 and 265. lebron is 6'8 and 260. Not THAT much of a difference whereas you boy Rose was pulling up for jumpers when lebron was locking him down in the last series. Who was scared of driving to the hoop there huh? LOL

lmfao...... you didnt watch ball in the 90's. sorry to be so mean but dont talk. go youtube malone knocking Isiah thomas' teeth out and maybe you will change your opinion.

buch88
its amazing how many laker fans are in here criticizing the nba officials and nba for favoring a superstar and a specific team. ummmm....every teams fans EXCEPT for laker fans should be allowed to talke... the nba has been favoring the lakers and rigging laker games for the past 10 years.

Here comes a new super team that dethroned the lakers from being the nba's favorite team so now laker fans are all upset and complaing. Hey laker fans, now you know how the other 29 teams fans felt all these years about your team and the nba officials.

asandhu23

indeed. Mailman could "deliver" punches.

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 02:11 AM
Here is more excerpts from his book.

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

I don't know how people can say this guy is lying. He bet on games he didn't even ref because of information he was getting from either the league or refs from that game. Plus the games he did ref with certain people he bet on not because of himself, but because the other refs would be doing something. I could understand there would be an argument if he only did it on his games, but it wasn't just his games.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-30-2011, 02:12 AM
its amazing how many laker fans are in here criticizing the nba officials and nba for favoring a superstar and a specific team. ummmm....every teams fans EXCEPT for laker fans should be allowed to talke... the nba has been favoring the lakers and rigging laker games for the past 10 years.

Here comes a new super team that dethroned the lakers from being the nba's favorite team so now laker fans are all upset and complaing. Hey laker fans, now you know how the other 29 teams fans felt all these years about your team and the nba officials.

u mad?

buch88
05-30-2011, 02:12 AM
lmfao...... you didnt watch ball in the 90's. sorry to be so mean but dont talk. go youtube malone knocking Isiah thomas' teeth out and maybe you will change your opinion.

isiah thomas... 6'1 and 180 pounds. LOL. I agree with malzee lebron would continue to drive. And even if lebron didn't, nobody would. lebron would be the last player to drive into the lane with malone there so u cant criticize lebron for that because NO player would do that.

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 02:14 AM
u mad?

Both non and Heat fans should be banned for using the words you just said. The phrase is old and just not funny anymore.

D Roses Bulls
05-30-2011, 02:15 AM
isiah thomas... 6'1 and 180 pounds. LOL. I agree with malzee lebron would continue to drive. And even if lebron didn't, nobody would. lebron would be the last player to drive into the lane with malone there so u cant criticize lebron for that because NO player would do that.

lol....... go look at what thomas use to do to players bigger than him. thomas isnt no punk and fine if you dont want to include malone, what about rodman, horace grant, larry johnson (when he was a beast), barkley..... do i need to keep going? the game was more physical and look at lebron today..... he falls and he acts as if he is playing through surgery or something. hell, boozer grazed him with his hand and lebron was crying for a flagrant.

hyb152
05-30-2011, 02:15 AM

You can't knock Lebron for that because NO player would be driving to the hoop like that with Malone there knocking peoples teeth out and shitt. If there's ONE player that would still drive with malone there because pound for pound he can take him and have the best chance of finishing while taking malone contact, it would be Lebron.

D Roses Bulls
05-30-2011, 02:17 AM
You can't knock Lebron for that because NO player would be driving to the hoop like that with Malone there knocking peoples teeth out and shitt. If there's ONE player that would still drive with malone there because pound for pound he can take him and have the best chance of finishing while taking malone contact, it would be Lebron.

look, with how players are today...... i doubt ANY could take the contact back then.

kntresistheheat
05-30-2011, 02:19 AM
It's funny how the lebron bashing quite down for a while.... Now he succeding again and of sudden the bashing comes back! No one can stand seeing this guy being successful and it's only because he teamed up with wade and the heat! I will gaurantee that I will find tapes of jordan traveling!

hyb152
05-30-2011, 02:19 AM
lol....... go look at what thomas use to do to players bigger than him. thomas isnt no punk and fine if you dont want to include malone, what about rodman, horace grant, larry johnson (when he was a beast), barkley..... do i need to keep going? the game was more physical and look at lebron today..... he falls and he acts as if he is playing through surgery or something. hell, boozer grazed him with his hand and lebron was crying for a flagrant.

You can say the exact same thing for kobe bryant, derrick rose, and kevin durant. they would also be scared of getting knocked around by LJ or Grant or someone. You can't single out lebron here for that one. Be realistic and share the hate equally. I know you're a bulls fan and angry that Lebron pretty much embarrassed Rose and knocked off your bulls, but at least be real and admit that other superstars like kobe and rose wouldnt be driving on those guys either. On a side note, I feel bad for Rose. He's taking a lot of criticism but it's not really his fault. Lebron was guarding him. What else can Rose do? It's not his fault.

hyb152
05-30-2011, 02:20 AM
look, with how players are today...... i doubt ANY could take the contact back then.

Fair enough. I agree with that statement

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Both non and Heat fans should be banned for using the words you just said. The phrase is old and just not funny anymore.

what???:confused:

for saying u mad?

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:24 AM
It's funny how the lebron bashing quite down for a while.... Now he succeding again and of sudden the bashing comes back! No one can stand seeing this guy being successful and it's only because he teamed up with wade and the heat! I will gaurantee that I will find tapes of jordan traveling!

well he should have been called for it.

I love how people try to justify rule violations in the modern NBA by saying "Well Jordan did it!".

That's a logical fallacy, appeal to tradition. Just because it happened in the past doesn't justify it now.

kntresistheheat
05-30-2011, 02:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_LktMbXNPQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is MJ

airforceones25
05-30-2011, 02:29 AM

Here is MJ

:facepalm: this proves nothing.. he got called for the travel. they are in up-roar because LeBron didn't...

although i still think it's hilarious to think he's the only one when their teams players get the benefit of non calls as well. it just looks bad when they come bashing immediately after being eliminated but a week ago it was a non issue. haha

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-30-2011, 02:29 AM

Here is MJ

cool story bro

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:32 AM
:facepalm: this proves nothing.. he got called for the travel. they are in up-roar because LeBron didn't...

although i still think it's hilarious to think he's the only one when their teams players get the benefit of non calls as well. it just looks bad when they come bashing immediately after being eliminated but a week ago it was a non issue. haha

Lebron always travels and always pushes off, it's been known for quite a while.

I think the split in opinion here, at its root, is between people who think star calls are a desirable thing in the NBA and those who don't.

ask yourself, are star calls a good thing for the NBA or a bad thing?

naps
05-30-2011, 02:32 AM

Nice to see you taking the bulls avatar and the sig off like most of the bulls fans of PSD.

kntresistheheat
05-30-2011, 02:36 AM
well he should have been called for it.

I love how people try to justify rule violations in the modern NBA by saying "Well Jordan did it!".

That's a logical fallacy, appeal to tradition. Just because it happened in the past doesn't justify it now.

I know he travels, but everyone is making it seem like he is the only superstar that travels. It happens, superstars gets better treatment and that's how it's been for decades. I don't understand why everyone keeps bashing him?

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:37 AM
I know he travels, but everyone is making it seem like he is the only superstar that travels. It happens, superstars gets better treatment and that's how it's been for decades. I don't understand why everyone keeps bashing him?

don't you understand that this is a logical fallacy? appeal to tradition.

Appeal to tradition (also known as proof from tradition,[1] appeal to common practice, argumentum ad antiquitatem) is a common fallacy in which a thesis is deemed correct on the basis that it correlates with some past or present tradition. The appeal takes the form of "this is right because we've always done it this way.

from Wikipedia.

at the root of the matter is not Lebron, its the existence of "star calls" and whether it is justifiable to have different rules apply to different people

kntresistheheat
05-30-2011, 02:40 AM

I think the split in opinion here, at its root, is between people who think star calls are a desirable thing in the NBA and those who don't.

Did someone say pushes off????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdPQ3QxDZ1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:41 AM
Are you ignoring my point or do you not understand it?

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 02:42 AM
what???:confused:

for saying u mad?

It is so over done at this point and should be put in a box with Get R Done and Chuck Norris Jokes and thrown in a river.

kntresistheheat
05-30-2011, 02:43 AM
don't you understand that this is a logical fallacy? appeal to tradition.

from Wikipedia.

at the root of the matter is not Lebron, its the existence of "star calls" and whether it is justifiable to have different rules apply to different people

Do you believe in the crap that you say or you just a bitter bulls fan?

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:46 AM
oookay, can a mature person who knows how to debate respond to my point? i'll reiterate:

is it fair to have different standards for different people?

kntresistheheat
05-30-2011, 02:47 AM
Are you ignoring my point or do you not understand it?

I'm just messing with you dude... Relax! I actually did not read the bottom part of your post. I get it. :)

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 02:47 AM

Give me a break. The Lebron James fans are so ****ing sensitive I swear. Before every Lebron post from now on everyone most say the following line.

I understand that Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, and pretty much every other top 50 player got away with said foul or violation.

That way it doesn't seem like we are picking on him.

airforceones25
05-30-2011, 02:50 AM

First off I don't think anyone thinks preferential treatment to star players is a good thing. However, to sit at here and pile on LeBron is laughable when 95% of the time people get away with traveling on a daily basis.

It even looks worse when Bulls fans are in here leading the charge because they just got bounced. If the D-Rose could hit a FT or if the Bulls can close out a quarter this never gets talked about. Sure we all know it happens but it doesn't change the facts.

If the Bulls won this series you wouldn't be posting in this thread. It would be Miami is garbage. LeBron is a choker. Along with all the other hate threads... Now it's underlying jealousy threads since LeBron has advanced and others are watching from a far.

The NBA is rigged. The NBA allows LeBron to travel. The NBA calls bad fouls to benefit the Heat.. LOL it's all nonsense!

kntresistheheat
05-30-2011, 02:51 AM
oookay, can a mature person who knows how to debate respond to my point? i'll reiterate:

The league won't change anything, most of these players that are atheletic and gets to the basket always travels. Besides, haven't you noticed that they entertained us the most??

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:52 AM
The NBA is rigged. The NBA allows LeBron to travel. The NBA calls bad fouls to benefit the Heat.. LOL it's all nonsense!

I don't think its as much of nonsense as you think it is...

I couldn't care less if this thread was about Lebron or some other star who gets away with preferential treatment. It's commonly known that NBA officiating sucks ***, something needs to be done.

Sadds The Gr8
05-30-2011, 02:53 AM
He's right.

kntresistheheat
05-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Give me a break. The Lebron James fans are so ****ing sensitive I swear. Before every Lebron post from now on everyone most say the following line.

I understand that Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, and pretty much every other top 50 player got away with said foul or violation.

That way it doesn't seem like we are picking on him.

Dude please! Every five minutes there's a thread about lebron and it's not a positive one! It's always negative and it gets flooded with bulls fans bashing him! It's getting old.

Fnom11
05-30-2011, 02:57 AM
I heard Tim Donaghy was a reliable source.

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 03:00 AM

No it is not. I don't think any player in the NBA should have an advantage over anyone else as far as the rules go. I mean it is bad enough guys like Kobe Bryant ( Prime ) and Lebron James could just get whatever they want and then on top of it be able to bend the rules. Also defenders are not allowed to play as aggressive on them as they could a mediocre player. They can complain way more about a foul and be way more colorful about it. They can flop and get the benefit of the call.

I don't understand how a real sport is allowed to manipulate their rules for certain players/teams and not get in trouble for it. I can't wait until more officials get caught in the NBA. The only reason no one else got in trouble in the Donaghy case is because no one was talking. Multiple people including Tim Donaghy and certain members of the mob gave at least 13 referee names to the FBI who had manipulated games not only for the mob, but for the NBA as well. However anyone who speaks up would go to jail because those people would have been involved.

Anyone who thinks 1 guy was able to manipulate so many games and make so much money off of it is just turning a blind eye because they don't want it to be true or they are just stupid.

mttwlsn16
05-30-2011, 03:01 AM

this, i was a hater, but not anymore. people need to chill. hes the best player in the NBA on one of the best teams in the NBA. stop w the BS

kntresistheheat
05-30-2011, 03:02 AM
I don't think its as much of nonsense as you think it is...

I couldn't care less if this thread was about Lebron or some other star who gets away with preferential treatment. It's commonly known that NBA officiating sucks ***, something needs to be done.

Officiating is horrible in every sport, you know why?? Because they are human!! It's part of the sport and the fans need to have something to complain about. If everything was perfect then it would be boring. Don't you have a day in the office and you are talking to someone and say "They missed that call" or "I can't believe they made that call"

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 03:03 AM
officiating isn't horrible in every sport, Hockey officiating is pretty good. Baseball officiating is pretty good. But in those sports, officials aren't so deeply involved in every aspect of the game.

I suspect only soccer and boxing officiating is more crooked than NBa officiating

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 03:04 AM
Dude please! Every five minutes there's a thread about lebron and it's not a positive one! It's always negative and it gets flooded with bulls fans bashing him! It's getting old.

Way to ****ing sensitive like I said. That also goes for Bulls, Lakers, and anyone else who can't take bashing of their team or player. You would think after almost a year people would realize that the guy is not liked. Get over it or stop coming to the toilet section of PSD.

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 03:07 AM
Officiating is horrible in every sport, you know why?? Because they are human!! It's part of the sport and the fans need to have something to complain about. If everything was perfect then it would be boring. Don't you have a day in the office and you are talking to someone and say "They missed that call" or "I can't believe they made that call"

So you think Donaghy was the only person manipulating games in the NBA?

ryang
05-30-2011, 03:09 AM
Why is anything negative towards the Heat always considered hate? Can someone not have a discussion about anyone on the Heat without a Heat fan using the word hate? It must be the defense mechanism you fans have come up with or something.

All he did was give his opinion about what he thinks will happen to Lebron. He is also a very knowledgeable poster, but because he isn't a Heat supporter it is hate instead of opinion.

you really beleive this crap?? Of course you do you are a bulls fan... Who cares if lebron will have a decline when he is 31 or 32?? Really no ******* who doesnt?

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 03:12 AM
people really need to stop saying stuff like "Omg, you disagree with me? Of course you think that, you're a fan of [insert team here]!"

Not everybodies opinions are influenced by what team they're a fan of. and if they are, then that means your opinion is being influenced by what team you happen to root for too.

So I can just as easily say "omg you think something is this way? of course you do, you're a heat fan."

see how that line of thinking makes no sense?

ryang
05-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Do u see the nba forum?? who is saying anything good about Lebron or the Heat?? so true heat fans should just sit back and say you are right we suck and so will lebron when he is 32?? I have never seen so many people hate one team this much...

metsbulls1025
05-30-2011, 03:16 AM
people really need to stop saying stuff like "Omg, you disagree with me? Of course you think that, you're a fan of [insert team here]!"

Not everybodies opinions are influenced by what team they're a fan of. and if they are, then that means your opinion is being influenced by what team you happen to root for too.

So I can just as easily say "omg you think something is this way? of course you do, you're a heat fan."

see how that line of thinking makes no sense?

It is what it is man. I guess because I agree with Kozel I am a "hater" and a homer Bulls fan.

ryang
05-30-2011, 03:18 AM
Did lebron get away with any travels in these playoffs?? NO... this thread and Mr.D just want everybody to like them again and its the perfect time dont u think?? HATE

ryang
05-30-2011, 03:19 AM
not to be imature but it is what it is

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 03:21 AM
Do u see the nba forum?? who is saying anything good about Lebron or the Heat?? so true heat fans should just sit back and say you are right we suck and so will lebron when he is 32?? I have never seen so many people hate one team this much...

I'm just saying you should stop blaming all Bulls fans for the opinion of one person or a couple of people.

ryang
05-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Whoever singled one of my posts out was a bulls fan what choice did i have but to say of course a bulls fan disagree"s with me?? Look why is this thread necassary?? Cause people hate the HEAT LEBRON WADE BOSH RILEY ECT... alls im sayin is donaghy needs support for his new book and who does everyone hate right now?? yep u guessed it LEBRON

SeoulBeatz
05-30-2011, 03:28 AM
Lol what is Tim Donaghy doing with his life?

anywho it's no secret the NBA is lax with travel calls, not only on Lebron.

dodie53
05-30-2011, 03:51 AM
who trusts Donaghy?
really?

NetsPaint
05-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Kobe, along with every other NBA player, is allowed to carry the ball on almost every play.

Fnom11
05-30-2011, 04:56 AM
Kobe, along with every other NBA player, is allowed to carry the ball on almost every play.

:clap:

YoungOne
05-30-2011, 05:14 AM
thats the star protection... I suggest you to read his book

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-30-2011, 06:03 AM

refs hate kobe, thats why he calls them ******s

jiggin
05-30-2011, 06:55 AM
wonder if this kind of attention in the media will change the way the finals are officiated?

I mean, do they start calling things a little tighter, like this that has been brought to life in the media, so that people don't have more replays to point to in expressing their distrust in the NBA officiating?

If so...it could play into how the finals turn out.

jiggin
05-30-2011, 06:59 AM
thats the star protection... I suggest you to read his book

Yep...

...sad that, just like Canseco...these guys get immediately discredited even though most of what they say seems to have some legs of truth. hell, cansaco nailed it on most fronts, but it took congress and lots of attention for most of it to actually come to the surface and then the very people discrediting him tried to claim they didn't know...

Fact is...there shouldn't be any different rules according to who the player is. Actually, there shouldn't be much change in how a game is called no matter what team/player or even level of play happening on the court.

If there is...and we all know there is...then there is a problem. These rules aren't suppose to be up for interpretation depending on who is reading them...they are hard line rules, not grey rules with flexible variable nightly changes.

NYKalltheway
05-30-2011, 07:49 AM
so what? we didn't know this already?

YoungOne
05-30-2011, 07:53 AM
officiating isn't horrible in every sport, Hockey officiating is pretty good. Baseball officiating is pretty good. But in those sports, officials aren't so deeply involved in every aspect of the game.

I suspect only soccer and boxing officiating is more crooked than NBa officiating

soccer is officiated much better in my eyes, and I watch both soccer and the NBA

YoungOne
05-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Did lebron get away with any travels in these playoffs?? NO... this thread and Mr.D just want everybody to like them again and its the perfect time dont u think?? HATE

you really think so? :facepalm:

J-Relo
05-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Donaghy is a loser.

magichatnumber9
05-30-2011, 08:26 AM
My biggest beef with the officiating is the sudden change from regular season to the playoffs. How do you prepare players for the post season when the officiating all of the sudden changes?

JNA17
05-30-2011, 09:19 AM
And this is new....how? Of course he travels. He even traveled in his own commercial :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xrlG6Rxe1s

But nothing will happen because nobody will do anything about it so why keep bringing it up?

PhillyFaninLA
05-30-2011, 09:29 AM
These Lebron hate threads are starting to become amusing. I'm starting to think of them more as cartoons then anything real anymore.

I'm waiting for the why doesn't Stern fine Lebron littering or tainting the courtside area with white powder he throws in the air topic.

or

Maybe even the Lebron is dumb he mispronounced a word that one time.

I'm also amused because when the majority of people move on from the Lebron hate the same people will be making topics about how great Lebron is and how much they always supported him. Its just what people do and its really actually laugh out loud funny and sad at this point.

jiggin
05-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Donaghy is a loser.

you do realize, he used this very same crooked NBA info he is talking about to take advantage of gambling in those games. He wouldn't have gambled on them if it wasn't so obvious that it was "fixed" to an extent. It made it too easy.

You should read his book before you pass judgement. I can never understand people that make comments, especially and normally negative hater comments, without reading or knowing anything about it. How ignorant can you be?

jiggin
05-30-2011, 09:48 AM
These Lebron hate threads are starting to become amusing. I'm starting to think of them more as cartoons then anything real anymore.

I'm waiting for the why doesn't Stern fine Lebron littering or tainting the courtside area with white powder he throws in the air topic.

or

Maybe even the Lebron is dumb he mispronounced a word that one time.

I'm also amused because when the majority of people move on from the Lebron hate the same people will be making topics about how great Lebron is and how much they always supported him. Its just what people do and its really actually laugh out loud funny and sad at this point.

he brings it upon himself. You reap what you sow...

ne3xchamps
05-30-2011, 09:49 AM
there are alot of bad calls in the NFL 2... baseball as well... i mean ive seen some bad one's... Im not gonna keep cryin about it unless my team is fishing

Yeah but bad calls in baseball or football doesn't give all the momentum to the other team. You can make up for the bad calls in the NFL. Please don't compare the nba to the nfl, the nba IMO is going down the tubes with all this ********.

Sly Guy
05-30-2011, 09:52 AM
everyone in the NBA travels. This league is awful at calling their own rules.

Vinsane#15
05-30-2011, 09:55 AM

For the record, I don't disagree that it was a bad call by the refs. What I completely disagree with is the conspiracy that they allow him to travel. He was called for traveling at least 5 times in the series. Unless that guy had a list of referees ahead of time of the ones who are "in" on the conspiracy, and the ones who are out, I don't believe him.

Because you can't have it both ways and say, "Oh, well that referee is one of the guys who calls it fair" later. Either everyone is in on the plot or nothing.

Not taking anything away from LeBron or the Heat, but I'd like to see those 5 times he DID travel occur with only 30 seconds left and then we'll see if the refs call it. Tim may be screwed up for fixing games, I agree, but hey he is no longer employed with the NBA, so he's free to say whatever he wants to about the league.

ne3xchamps
05-30-2011, 09:58 AM

Those douche bags brought it upon themselves. Maybe lebron should have kept his man pleaser shut and people wouldn't hate the heat AS MUCH.

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2011, 10:29 AM
yeah, and they did the same for Jordan. In fact, Jordan could pick the ball up in one hand, hold a machette in the other, decapitate a player, and the headless body that dropped to the floor WOULD be called for an offensive foul!

its a tragedy, and it makes the game hard to watch.

jockrider
05-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Those douche bags brought it upon themselves. Maybe lebron should have kept his man pleaser shut and people wouldn't hate the heat AS MUCH.

how can you be a celtics fan and complain about douchebags:facepalm:

eugene
05-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Watch more European basketball games and you will get the point. Limit between "travelling" and "not travelling" is really slim. I mean Lebron would get 50% more calls for travelling if played in Europe. Sometimes what is allowed for the superstars is not allowed for others. It's not about something wrong with refs or Stern but it just how it worked over the last decade. Basketball getting very commercial and they really need primadonas to attract more auditory

jiggin
05-30-2011, 10:43 AM
yeah, and they did the same for Jordan. In fact, Jordan could pick the ball up in one hand, hold a machette in the other, decapitate a player, and the headless body that dropped to the floor WOULD be called for an offensive foul!

its a tragedy, and it makes the game hard to watch.

sorry, I watched the bulls religiously in those years and I don't remember it EVER being as obvious. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it wasn't so completely blatant and obvious that you could see traveling as it happened without instant replay's help.

I would think ALL fans would want this crap curbed, including Heat fans...as it only diminishes the character of the game and gives a crutch to why players are good. I know I would not want this said about players on my favorite team...and yet it can not be denied (there is video showing it over and over and over again). So...best option would be for the NBA to start to slowly make more notice and calls on this and grab back the integrity of the rules and the game.

no one denies that LBJ is good...but lets not let him get away with stuff a guy like Jarred Bayless wouldn't get away with...it makes his unbelievable skills look tainted and helped along.

Hawkeye15
05-30-2011, 11:00 AM

hahahahaha that was amazing

Maggette had a really bad one too

Guys, they let EVERYONE travel. The rules are not called much different for any player, regardless of their stature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty6DA8SGGYg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-pFZcJ-sP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_ZoJGeofsY

I could go on, and on, and on

justinnum1
05-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Good thing he's on my team.

dynasty7961
05-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Not a surprise.

nastynice
05-30-2011, 11:12 AM
haha, I dont know if he's just bitter...

...but no matter how u want to look at it, he IS correct.

godolphins
05-30-2011, 11:13 AM
He's a grown man and you don't own him so he can say whatever he wants.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
05-30-2011, 11:16 AM
LeBron just mastered the art of getting away with it, thats all. more power to him.

nastynice
05-30-2011, 11:22 AM

HAHA, i thought u were a heat fan saying that. I was like wow, finally a heat fan that at least knows whats up

nastynice
05-30-2011, 11:25 AM

well nike does, and I own a thousandth of a percent of nike, so technically, I DO own him ;)

where my money *****!!!

ne3xchamps
05-30-2011, 11:29 AM

I'm aware he can say whatever he wants. I did well in history class when I was in school and well aware of the constitution. I simply responded to a miami fan so mad at why everyone hates lebron and the heat. If lebron went to miami without dragging cleveland through the mud for a month, and didn't conspire a couple of years before, different story..

But they did do that, and lebron running his man pleaser saying they were going win 7 chips is what takes the hate on a whole new level.

ne3xchamps
05-30-2011, 11:32 AM
HAHA, i thought u were a heat fan saying that. I was like wow, finally a heat fan that at least knows whats up

yeah it confuses a lot of people, lost a sig bet obviously. :(

avrpatsfan
05-30-2011, 11:34 AM
I'd listen to Donaghy, he probably knows more than some random guy on a forum.

ne3xchamps
05-30-2011, 11:42 AM
how can you be a celtics fan and complain about douchebags:facepalm:

because ray and KG didn't conspire to team up. And the fact the celtics did it more classy then miami. If they didn't conspire to join up, and lebron didn't drag cleveland through the mud, I don't think there would be AS MUCH hate. Probably still hate, just not as over the top IMO.

Boston are one of the top die hard fans that travel well with our teams, so nice try. we aren't on again, off again bandwagon fans.

ne3xchamps
05-30-2011, 11:44 AM
I'd listen to Donaghy, he probably knows more than some random guy on a forum.

+1, if people really think donaghy is the only ref to do be crooked, then they are ignorant or naive. Donaghy is the only one that got caught.

beasted86
05-30-2011, 12:09 PM
A lot of mad fans in here, that will have a LONG 6 years ahead of them.......

jim51990
05-30-2011, 12:15 PM
another pointless lebron bash thread
if you have any problems with the rules and/or their use of them blame it on MJ hes the one who completely changed the rules and should be blamed for the lack of traveling and palming in the game today

nickdymez
05-30-2011, 12:16 PM

You make so many excuses for Lebron its sickening..

Fnom11
05-30-2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26QsWE1APTw

Every player gets away with this, only retards complain about it.

Tuck&Rolle
05-30-2011, 01:48 PM

Carrying is one thing. Thats been allowed for many year now but traveling is another. Lebron moves his pivot foot a lot, has since he's been in the NBA and they let him get away with it.

Tuck&Rolle
05-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Lets also talk about how Lebron commits a offensive foul just about every time he drives. He pushes his defender and digs into him with his shoulder to create seperation and knocking his defender off balnce. That is a offensive foul, just another bs thing the NBA lets him get away with.

theheatles
05-30-2011, 01:56 PM
yep LeBron is the ONLY player in the NBA that travels and gets away with it:rolleyes:

Tuck&Rolle
05-30-2011, 01:57 PM
lol I love how Miami fans think its always hate.. It aint hate, it's the truth. Miami fan your being nieve and incredibly biased.

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 02:01 PM
lol I love how Miami fans think its always hate.. It aint hate, it's the truth. Miami fan your being nieve and incredibly biased.

...homers?

omg, could it be that some other fanbase besides ours can act homer-ish on this site?

say it isn't so

AddiX
05-30-2011, 02:51 PM
I dint know why anyone is surprised here, has anyone ever watched bron or wade play? These guys could start an agency with hownoften they travel.

pd1dish
05-30-2011, 03:03 PM

this^^^ lol

i love when Donaghy speaks because even though he was a crooked ref, he knows how the NBA works. im just waiting for him to come out and say that the NBA legitimately tries to rig games by telling the refs how to call the game.

ryang
05-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah but bad calls in baseball or football doesn't give all the momentum to the other team. You can make up for the bad calls in the NFL. Please don't compare the nba to the nfl, the nba IMO is going down the tubes with all this ********.

Say's the 3 time super bowl champ.... Don't say you can just recover from bad calls in the NFL like it's nothing... Your A Pats fan so you probably saw dolphins steelers and the fumble in the end zone at the end of game?? if so id love to hear how you recover from that??

I am not mad at the hate i just think its misplaced and unwarranted... He drug the cavs through the mud? so what are you a cavs fan?? (and dont say respect for the game).. He told us at a pep rally that everyone watched (dont know why) that we would win alot?? so what its called PR and moving season tickets...

All i am saying is get over it if you are this mad now how mad will you be when the HEAT have a couple rings??

ryang
05-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Lebron does travel from time 2 time so what?? THE CELTICS definetly flop alot and before this season got most of those calls... I guess your reason is the celts have a high basketball iq well its still a flop... and you have had some really favorable calls in the last 3 years IMO but hey maybe it's because I hate the celtics.. See where im going.. I think Lebron traveled to Key West right before the playoffs 2..

Yanks All Day
05-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Stars get calls. Its not right, but its true. How long has anyone been watching basketball? Kobe gets calls. LeBron gets calls. Wade gets calls. Durant gets calls. An extra step on a break away dunk, an incorrect spin move, whatever it may be. The stars get the benefit of the doubt.

What I would rather see the league fix is the stupid pump fake- lean in for the foul combination that guys like Wade and Pierce do all the time. If the defender goes straight up, then its an offensive foul by unnecessarily driving your body into the defender to try to draw a foul. Also, blatant flops should be dealt with in some way, shape, or form. There is a big difference between stepping in to take a charge and blatantly flopping just to get a call.

As for the LeBron hate in a thread that probably should have only been about refs and their lack of travel calls, if the refs were to call every single foul that takes place during a game around LeBron, he would shoot 40 FTs a game. I'm sorry but the guy gets hit every play. For every touch foul called, there's probably 2 or 3 non calls that could have been made for contact. He's 6'8, 260 lbs going to the rim at full force. There might be 10 or 20 times during a SEASON that he gets legitimately defended during this process.

avrpatsfan
05-30-2011, 03:42 PM

Not really. I'm not happy that any players get away with traveling. Be it Pierce, Lebron, Kobe, Melo, ect. The refs should call the game correctly.

rhino17
05-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Donaghy, again with his bitterness and ax to grind. / This worthless thread. Players get away with travels all the damn time. To single out LeBron is ridiculous. Donaghy isn't credible.

He may have done some bad things, but he is completely credible

You should look into the FBI reports about the info he gave them about how he was able to predict the outcomes of games without altering them himself, everything he said was proven to be 100% accurate by the FBI's thorough investigation

Stern is the crooked one

akagiredsuns
05-30-2011, 04:01 PM
LOL @ the people that said in before lock. And 13 pages later the thread is still up. :laugh2: Seriously, talk about the topic, like it or not, or beat it with your in before locks. :facepalm: It's worth discussing or the mods would've closed it already.

Fnom11
05-30-2011, 04:03 PM
in b4 lock

Fnom11
05-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Carrying is one thing. Thats been allowed for many year now but traveling is another. Lebron moves his pivot foot a lot, has since he's been in the NBA and they let him get away with it.

That's the dumbest statement I've read on here in awhile.

akagiredsuns
05-30-2011, 04:05 PM
And regarding LeBron, the NBA is a joke now. This era is all about the superstars. But it isn't something we all don't already know. Unless all the NBA refs got fired and the overseas refs came here, the game will continue to be a joke. That's why I don't bother with it anymore. Can care less who wins Mavs vs. Heat. When Stern goes, then the NBA will have hope again.

Fnom11
05-30-2011, 04:07 PM
And regarding LeBron, the NBA is a joke now. This era is all about the superstars. But it isn't something we all don't already know. Unless all the NBA refs got fired and the overseas refs came here, the game will continue to be a joke. That's why I don't bother with it anymore. Can care less who wins Mavs vs. Heat. When Stern goes, then the NBA will have hope again.

cant tell if serious

championships
05-30-2011, 04:27 PM
This is something we've all known already. :shrug:

AddiX
05-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Y'all can say what you want about donaghy but this guy was an NBA ref and was fixing games making the mob bank.

He knows the ins and outs amd how this league works. Bron travels a lot, but Wade travels more than anyone in the NBA.

Why sins hard for Miami fans to accept the heat get preferential treatment, you really think it just so happened that Miami had 2 players on the roster, and theywere able to sign 3 max players, for less money?

Stern completely looked the other way on that nonsense.

Fnom11
05-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Y'all can say what you want about donaghy but this guy was an NBA ref and was fixing games making the mob bank.

He knows the ins and outs amd how this league works. Bron travels a lot, but Wade travels more than anyone in the NBA.

Why sins hard for Miami fans to accept the heat get preferential treatment, you really think it just so happened that Miami had 2 players on the roster, and theywere able to sign 3 max players, for less money?

How are you seriously saying that.

FriedTofuz
05-30-2011, 04:58 PM

Exactly, although people say hes an idiot and not to be trusted, the reality is , he knows how calls are made and how the outcome of the game will occur. He was once part of the fixing process, so why wouldnt he realize the nba is still fixed? It clearly is.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I totally agree with Donaghy on this. In 08, last year and this year I have seen so many horrible calls go in favor for LeBron. I would say Donaghy is a very credible source to these kinds of things. Just look at his 60 minutes interview or his NBA Finals blog from last year. http://deadspin.com/5555622/watching-the-watchmen-tim-donaghy-breaks-down-the-officiating-in-game-1

PraiseJesus
05-30-2011, 05:15 PM
I dont think it is legal for TIm to show NBA footage without permission etc

AddiX
05-30-2011, 06:42 PM
How are you seriously saying that.

That entire process was illegal by NBA standards. I don't know if you understad that, but it is completely clear the heat, the players, and the agents, all knew all 3 were going to end up in Miami long before "the decision".

It's absolutely 0 coincidence they were all free agents at the same time, willing to take less money, and Miami just happened to have all that cap money.

It is so completely obvious everyone involved was colluding for this to happen which is completely against NBA rules.

ryang
05-30-2011, 06:47 PM
have we faced any violations?? no but thats because the nba turned there back right?? give me a break... ok 3 friends said hey u want to play togeather oh my god they should be tarred and feathered.. if thats even the case but i guess you know it is so im forced to beleive it

unleashthebeast
05-30-2011, 07:13 PM
have we faced any violations?? no but thats because the nba turned there back right?? give me a break... ok 3 friends said hey u want to play togeather oh my god they should be tarred and feathered.. if thats even the case but i guess you know it is so im forced to beleive it

dont u understand? the haters are always right :nod:

ryang
05-30-2011, 07:15 PM
dont u understand? the haters are always right :nod:

I keep forgetting that god what is wrong with me...

justinnum1
05-30-2011, 07:16 PM
:)

ichitownclowni
05-30-2011, 07:40 PM
He is right

rabzouz 96
05-30-2011, 08:11 PM
scripted or not, everybody seemed to enjoy the scripted championships of the last decades, why is it such a big deal all of a sudden?

Tuck&Rolle
05-30-2011, 09:35 PM
That's the dumbest statement I've read on here in awhile.

Do you know the difference between carrying and traveling because it makes perfect sense. 95 percent of the NBA carries, it's just accepted in the game and has been for a while. Traveling is a different story and isn't accepted in the NBA unless its Lebron. If Melo traveled as much as Lebron you would be complaining too.

ryang
05-30-2011, 09:39 PM
^ If you were not a knicks fan you wouldnt care... Your right he travels so often to get a competive edge yet not one person broadcasting the game or one executive from espn couldnt figure it out either and run a huge special to boost ratings because of how many people would tune in due to just pure hate... look ive seen him do it a few times but not in these playoffs...

Tuck&Rolle
05-30-2011, 09:43 PM
^ If you were not a knicks fan you wouldnt care... Your right he travels so often to get a competive edge yet not one person broadcasting the game or one executive from espn couldnt figure it out either and run a huge special to boost ratings because of how many people would tune in due to just pure hate... look ive seen him do it a few times but not in these playoffs...

Wrong I would because I want to see my team and players be successful without help from the NBA.

ryang
05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
ok he is a cheater he is not loyal and he wants to eat your children got it... he doesnt cheat give me a break... a couple times a year he travels in the regular season oh my god..

ryang
05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
dont u have something better to do then talk about a conspiracy that doesnt exsist?

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 09:53 PM
dont u have something better to do then talk about a conspiracy that doesnt exsist?

Don't you have something better to do than defend a guy who's blatantly breaking the rules? Just saying...

This lebron homerism is being taken to a new level, when there's actual video evidence of him breaking the rules and lebron fans still cant bring themselves to admit that he probably should have been called for a travel.

Tuck&Rolle
05-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Don't you have something better to do than defend a guy who's blatantly breaking the rules? Just saying...

This lebron homerism is being taken to a new level, when there's actual video evidence of him breaking the rules and lebron fans still cant bring themselves to admit that he probably should have been called for a travel.

fishfan79
05-30-2011, 09:58 PM
most likely betting on dallas is all

justinnum1
05-30-2011, 09:59 PM

he gets travel calls, its great if your a heat fan:)

Tuck&Rolle
05-30-2011, 10:48 PM
he gets travel calls, its great if your a heat fan:)

So the NBA has helped you get to a championship. Maybe its just me but that would take some of the glory away for me knowing this. Unlike Heat fans I'm a fan of the game and my team not just my team.

justinnum1
05-30-2011, 10:56 PM
So the NBA has helped you get to a championship. Maybe its just me but that would take some of the glory away for me knowing this. Unlike Heat fans I'm a fan of the game and my team not just my team.

Cool story bro, ill try to remember that when im celebrating.

ryang
05-30-2011, 11:14 PM

Listen nobody said he doesnt alls we did was point out the other people involved.. Give me a break ok lebron travels every game u feel better?? prob not

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 11:16 PM
pointing out other people involved sounds suspiciously like trying to justify it.

"Hey, why are you giving me a ticket for driving without a seat belt! other people do it too!"

"Hey, why are you failing me on my math final for cheating, other people do it too!"

"Hey, why are you condemning Lebron for traveling? Other people do it too!"

JordansBulls
05-30-2011, 11:19 PM
EX NBA Referee Tim Donaghy exposes that the nba refs allowed lebron to travel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUzJXxenIjc&feature=player_embedded#at=93

Woow...

Kinda a lose lose situation for Lebron. If the Mavs win then they will win, but if the Heat win it would be said that the refs gave it him like people say the refs gave it to Wade in 2006.

ryang
05-30-2011, 11:22 PM
only people on psd... not the real world

RZZZA
05-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Kinda a lose lose situation for Lebron. If the Mavs win then they will win, but if the Heat win it would be said that the refs gave it him like people say the refs gave it to Wade in 2006.

it depends on the manner in which they win

MVP1
05-30-2011, 11:25 PM
The truth shall set him free.

stlbest5in2013
05-30-2011, 11:33 PM
wow this thread is not closed? there was already a thread on this, and it was closed. because certain heat fans can not read, so they turn it into a flame war. instead of what it was.

metsbulls1025
05-31-2011, 12:11 AM

The funny thing is the 2 replays on Donaghys You Tube account is more than TNT showed us the entire series.

My favorite one was were they showed the entire play and cut away right before the "supposed" foul happened. For whatever reason the footage just froze right before the foul was called and the announcers were supposed to talk about the foul and couldn't.

topdog
05-31-2011, 12:43 AM

Disagree, disagree, agree, disagree, agree.

"Singling out" Lebron is not ridiculous when he is one of the most aggregious offenders and has recently been compared to "his airness." They let him charge as well... it's all I saw him do his rookie year.

TopsyTurvy
05-31-2011, 01:25 AM
This isn't pointing out a conspiracy so much as illuminating the current culture of officiating in the NBA. When Lebron (or any allstar) has the ball in their hands at the end of the game the officials are watching like hawks for a foul call rather than watching his feet.

As a fan, I want that call made but I can live with it going uncalled - it's been happening for years.

Tuck&Rolle
05-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Cool story bro, ill try to remember that when im celebrating.

I hope you eat those words

MagicHero3
05-31-2011, 12:34 PM
whatever i could care less if lebron traveled and snapped his neck at this point.

Tuck&Rolle
05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
whatever i could care less if lebron traveled and snapped his neck at this point.

:laugh2:

TrueFan420
05-31-2011, 01:24 PM
he is right tho and it is a problem... the nba lets the "stars" get away with stuff and everyone knows it. its a serious problem that needs to be changed. stop giving the "stars" advantages they are good enough on their own no need to make them better than they already are.

PraiseJesus
05-31-2011, 03:35 PM
that is only 1 travel not called. Show me a bunch and I might agree.

Refs can miss a call ya know...

MagicHero3
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
"refs can miss calls"

"refs are humans too!"

OMG you people are ridiculous. Has anyone officiated before?

If these guys are officiating PROFESSIONAL basketball, they should NEVER miss the calls they miss or make the calls they make.

Seriously. Since when did we start defending the refs?

Ive seen better called middle school/high school games than some of these NBA refs.

If your a professional on THAT level, you shouldnt make the amount of bad calls they make. PERIOD. no excuses.

sure, one or two here and there, but enough to make ppl think your rigging the game?? thats pretty damn bad if you ask me.

mike_noodles
05-31-2011, 04:01 PM
This isn't news. MJ, AI, LeBron, the list goes on and on. It's called "star treatment" and has been happening for 20 years.

midwestmadman
05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
As much as I have a distaste and full out anger towards the Miami Heat and they way that team was constructed, I have to say LeBron gets called possible the most out of any superstar in the league for traveling. Granted he does get away with a few here and there, but so do many others not just him. The funniest part though is when he does get called for it and he makes that stupid puzzled face like the ref is crazy.. I just want punch him in the throat.

8kobe24
05-31-2011, 04:11 PM
I would say that a good amount of NBA superstars get the benefit of the doubt, not just lebron alone. Conspiracy?...Maybe. They will do whatever it takes to keep the NBA in glitz and glamour, that's the NBA for you. Crab dribble anyone? lol.

t_money25
05-31-2011, 04:17 PM
A better title for this thread would be, "NBA officials are the worst in all the major sports"

Donaghy seems like hes' out to give the NBA a bad name for kicking him to the curb. While he might be right about alot of things regarding Stern, to nitpick about Lebron traveling is lame. Missed calls happen during EVERY NBA game........if we're gonna get on the refs about this then we need to go back to the finals when Jordan clearly pushed Bryon Russel out of his way to hit the game clinching shot....

MagicHero3
05-31-2011, 04:37 PM
lol i started a thread "if miami wins the finals..." ...the refs should be recognized for their commitment to the Heat and they should be able to hoist the trophy up along with lebron and wade. David stern too.

PhillyFaninLA
05-31-2011, 04:41 PM

MagicHero3
05-31-2011, 04:42 PM
lol i didnt say i want him to. i said i could care less IF it happened. you are a sicko for assuming that.

metsbulls1025
that is only 1 travel not called. Show me a bunch and I might agree.

Refs can miss a call ya know...

Game 3 Bulls/Heat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUhLIoFu2sw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slpir2rTvPU&feature=player_embedded

MagicHero3
why dont you take what everyone says literally? thats always a good idea.

metsbulls1025
05-31-2011, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE&feature=related

:laugh:

LA_Raiders
05-31-2011, 06:01 PM
LeCrab James...

beasted86
05-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Of course the NBA allows LeBron to travel.

How else is he going to get to games in different cities?

SLOnLucky
05-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Sorry Donaghy...your 15 seconds has already been used up on that "felony" stuff.

PraiseJesus
05-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Game 3 Bulls/Heat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUhLI...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slpir...layer_embedded

Those videos are stunning, truly

metsbulls1025
05-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Those videos are stunning, truly

Since the links didn't work you didn't see them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slpir2rTvPU&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUhLIoFu2sw&feature=player_embedded

One link shows fouls and the other link shows travels.

jimm120
05-31-2011, 07:07 PM

OFF TOPIC: that sig is awesome lol

ShiroRX
05-31-2011, 07:09 PM
1. Donaghy has an axe to grind with the NBA, nothing he says can be taken seriously

2. NBA officiating is horrible, period. Every star gets their share of no calls.

rhino17
05-31-2011, 07:12 PM
1. Donaghy has an axe to grind with the NBA, nothing he says can be taken seriously

Again, everything he has said has been proven to be fact by an in depth FBI investigation

ShiroRX
05-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Also, NBA refs make the call right there on the floor. Based on what they see, and without constant replays, they're gonna get some wrong. Just like armchair omnipotents watching a tv angle and assuming they can see what's going on.

ShiroRX
05-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Again, everything he has said has been proven to be fact by an in depth FBI investigation

The FBI confirms they let Lebron travel?