PDA

View Full Version : No love for dirk??

BALLER R
05-29-2011, 09:59 AM
I mean all im seeing on here is heat this or heat that. Lebron this or Lebron that. But why are they no stoies of dallas and how they been playing. Nothing about Dirk and how great he has been. What's up with that?

LTBaByyy
05-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Why is he obly 85 in NBA 2k11? And has soooo many PFs ahead of him

No love at all

Davidgta1
05-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Idk ppl should be talking about dirk hes Been OMG good but so as James..man this series is gonna be great can't wait to see James guard dirk Espn has talked about it all night they got me pumped lol

gatkins11
05-29-2011, 10:17 AM
As a Mavs fan, I would rather the media completely ignore Dallas and focus all the attention on Miami, as we know "the worldwide leader" is going to do.

fishfan79
05-29-2011, 10:23 AM
the media has been drooling over dirk for a week now, even talking about how he is larry bird (as insane a comparison as lebron is mj). I am not sure where you are looking but espn has had alot about him, nba tv yesterday had a special how how the mavs will shut down the heat and about dirk.

qq :)

PhillyFaninLA
05-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I mean all im seeing on here is heat this or heat that. Lebron this or Lebron that. But why are they no stoies of dallas and how they been playing. Nothing about Dirk and how great he has been. What's up with that?

I don't mean to be rude and I say this with all due respect to the NBA, the Mavericks, and Dirk, and the Mavs fans but Dirk is not interesting to talk about. Dirk is a great player and probably hall of fame bound but Dirk like Tim Duncan are just not interesting to talk about. He doesn't create energy or buzz, he doesn't draw attention or media to himself, and all he does is work hard and kick butt. I mention Duncan because he was amazing but never generated talk.

Some players just work hard, show up, and do what they have to do. Others try and embrace and draw in attention and spot light. Dirk is not a spotlight guy.

Hawkeye15
05-29-2011, 10:35 AM
LeBron has created threads left and right for 3 years. Dallas has a much smaller fan base here, the media doesn't cover them like the Heat, and there aren't many Mavs "haters" that like to constantly form threads with their agendas.

Nobody is ignoring the Mavs and their chances. But the Heat have been a media circus since July 10, 2010.

LOOTERX9
05-29-2011, 10:56 AM
No

LTBaByyy
05-29-2011, 10:58 AM
210Don coming in to hate Dirk and the Mavs in 5...4...3...2...1...

ManRam
05-29-2011, 11:24 AM
LeBron gets the threads, per the usual (a mix of hate, love and obsession)..but Dirk is definitely getting love.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621460
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622494

ldawg
05-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Thats why i say Dallas will not get a far shake.

Dash
05-29-2011, 11:42 AM
That's why Dallas will win the finals.

ne3xchamps
05-29-2011, 11:47 AM
The thing is, I don't believe dirk really gives a **** if he doesn't get love. dirk is focused on 1 thing and 1 thing only.....

KnicksR4Real
05-29-2011, 11:56 AM
hes getting a lot of love right now. dont kno what ur talking about

Heater4life
05-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Dirk is getting love, its just that Lebron reaching the finals again in unison with the whole Heat big 3 drama is drawing alot more attention.

theheatles
05-29-2011, 12:23 PM
because since the start of this season every1 said he's the best player in the world and at that time is LeBron and he lived up to it, dirk didn't scratch any1s top 5 best players in the league and maybe not even some ppls top 10's at the start of the yr...all the hype around dirk is prisoner of the moment ****

BlondeBomber41
05-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Why is he obly 85 in NBA 2k11? And has soooo many PFs ahead of him

No love at all

He is actually an 83 in NBA2k11! Its blasphemy.

Here are a list of players rated higher than Dirk in NBA2k11. I'm not even gonna include players that could be considered even remotely debatable. These are just the obvious ones that make you say WOW.

Gerald Wallace
Stephen Jackson
Andre Iguodala
Carlos Boozer
Rajon Rondo
Joe Johnson
Chris Bosh
Manu Ginobili
Monta Ellis

And thats not even counting the numberous players who are rated the same 83 as Dirk (Such as David Lee, Jason Kidd, Josh Smith, Danny Granger, Yao Ming, Gilbert Arenas etc.) and the players that Dirk has been considerably better than that are ranked above him (Amare, Duncan, Gasol, D. Williams, Nash, etc.)

Overall, NBA2k11 is a freakin joke.

210Don
05-29-2011, 12:58 PM
He is actually an 83 in NBA2k11! Its blasphemy.

Here are a list of players rated higher than Dirk in NBA2k11. I'm not even gonna include players that could be considered even remotely debatable. These are just the obvious ones that make you say WOW.

Gerald Wallace
Stephen Jackson
Andre Iguodala
Carlos Boozer
Rajon Rondo
Joe Johnson
Chris Bosh
Manu Ginobili
Monta Ellis

And thats not even counting the numberous players who are rated the same 83 as Dirk (Such as David Lee, Jason Kidd, Josh Smith, Danny Granger, Yao Ming, Gilbert Arenas etc.) and the players that Dirk has been considerably better than that are ranked above him (Amare, Duncan, Gasol, D. Williams, Nash, etc.)

Overall, NBA2k11 is a freakin joke.

nba 2k11 takes in to account your whole game.... hes a bust on offense. but cant play defense therfore 83

also dirk has been gettin so much love here

LTBaByyy
05-29-2011, 12:58 PM
because since the start of this season every1 said he's the best player in the world and at that time is LeBron and he lived up to it, dirk didn't scratch any1s top 5 best players in the league and maybe not even some ppls top 10's at the start of the yr...all the hype around dirk is prisoner of the moment ****

:facepalm: Dirk was a top 3 MVP candidate before he got injured!!!!

He has been ballin all year!!! If he didnt get injured he would have been up there with Rose and Lebron for MVP

And tell me who didnt have Dirk in their top 10 players????

No one is living in the moment, you just didnt watch Dirk play this season

BlondeBomber41
05-29-2011, 01:18 PM
nba 2k11 takes in to account your whole game.... hes a bust on offense. but cant play defense therfore 83

also dirk has been gettin so much love here

Yeah, you're right. That's why Carlos Boozer, Monta Ellis, Chris Bosh, etc. are all ahead of Dirk. Because of their stellar defense. How could I be so foolish to not realize that?

Tanakid777
05-29-2011, 01:44 PM
LeBron has created threads left and right for 3 years. Dallas has a much smaller fan base here, the media doesn't cover them like the Heat, and there aren't many Mavs "haters" that like to constantly form threads with their agendas.

Nobody is ignoring the Mavs and their chances. But the Heat have been a media circus since July 10, 2010.
this

tmacsc2
05-29-2011, 01:57 PM
56 FTs in a single series is stupid dumb!

SteBO
05-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Dirk has been nothing short of phenomenal in these playoffs. Miami will have their hands full with him, that's for sure. Not to mention that we can't load up on Dirk like we did against Rose. We do that, Terry, Stojakovic, Barea, etc....would kill us. They'll just have to double and rotate quickly, but the rotations would have to be flawless. I just hope the refs let us be physical with him, and be consistent on both ends. This won't be as fun if they're calling fouls left and right.

BlondeBomber41
05-29-2011, 02:09 PM
56 FTs in a single series is stupid dumb!

Wade shot 96 free throws in the finals against Dallas in 2006.

SteBO
05-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Wade shot 96 free throws in the finals against Dallas in 2006.
Most of them justified :)

BlondeBomber41
05-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Most of them justified :)

It's funny how only heat fans seem to believe this, and you can't even blame it on the hate Miami gets because everyone said that officiating was bs long before they signed Lebron and everyone started hating them.

SteBO
05-29-2011, 02:16 PM
It's funny how only heat fans seem to believe this, and you can't even blame it on the hate Miami gets because everyone said that officiating was bs long before they signed Lebron and everyone started hating them.
Calm down dude, I was only messing. Quite frankly, I can't blame you guys for being upset over '06. I was just glad that after so many years of being a Heat fan, we finally got a championship. Both teams are so different from then, so it'll be a much better series hopefully.

Hawkeye15
05-29-2011, 02:18 PM

and you also understand SteBo was joking there, right.

I understand Mavs fans still have a bitter taste in their mouth about that series. And they hope Dirk learned. But you need to also hope Cuban learned to stfu. Refs are human. And when you have an annoying owner literally screaming at your face for 4 straight games, and ripping you in the media, its bound to effect you.

Shut up and sit in the owner's box.

And does it really matter anymore? I constantly see fans still bring it up constantly way after the fact. Nothing a Mavs, Kings, Lakers, or Bulls fans can say will change 2001, 2006, 2008, or 2011.

heyman321
05-29-2011, 02:27 PM
It's cause Dirk's black, this forum is racist against minorities.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-29-2011, 02:30 PM

you're misinformed. most people are picking the mavs so don't make it seem like you're going out on a limb.

TheHighLife
05-29-2011, 04:32 PM
It's because the Heat are scurred and don't know how to stop Dirk.

Young2Kinsler
05-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Dirk isn't getting near the love the Heat players are and that's ok. On ESPN all weekend it's been Heat stories over and over.

Dirk has never gotten the respect he deserves...but that's ok, he's about to open alot of eyes.

Crackadalic
05-29-2011, 04:48 PM
I hope you guys realize we may never see a type of player like dirk ever again. His skillset is nothing we have ever seen from a 7 footer. If he isnt getting any love he better get it now. Were watching history and I hope he gets a ring

KingOf215
05-29-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't mean to be rude and I say this with all due respect to the NBA, the Mavericks, and Dirk, and the Mavs fans but Dirk is not interesting to talk about. Dirk is a great player and probably hall of fame bound but Dirk like Tim Duncan are just not interesting to talk about. He doesn't create energy or buzz, he doesn't draw attention or media to himself, and all he does is work hard and kick butt. I mention Duncan because he was amazing but never generated talk.

Some players just work hard, show up, and do what they have to do. Others try and embrace and draw in attention and spot light. Dirk is not a spotlight guy.

This guy right here just gave the answer... yet he is ignored like Dirk is. I guess people just hear what they want to listen to sometimes.

smith&wesson
05-29-2011, 05:00 PM
i simply think that the heat have more fans on psd then the mavs, or mavs fans dont make numerous amounts of threads about him for no reason

i got mad love for dirk.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-29-2011, 05:01 PM
What was that nickname tim duncan had?? The big fundamental i believe, dirks just like that he's a quiet assassin.
But tht doesn't mean people hate on him i have never ever seen a dirk sucks comment or a dirk isn't a good player comment on PSD..These kinds of threads are just overboard

heyman321
05-29-2011, 05:52 PM
What was that nickname tim duncan had?? The big fundamental i believe, dirks just like that he's a quiet assassin.
But tht doesn't mean people hate on him i have never ever seen a dirk sucks comment or a dirk isn't a good player comment on PSD..These kinds of threads are just overboard

What? Like 90% of Heat fans, 90% of Spurs fans, 90% of Laker fans (before Dirk whooped them), 90% percent of Thunder fans (before Dirk whooped them), and probably 100% of GS fans, said Dirk isn't a good player or talk about how "soft" and "mentally fragile" he is