PDA

View Full Version : loyalty can hurt...

ajnapoleon
05-29-2011, 09:09 AM
There’s been a lot of speculation that last year when the Celtics tossed LeBron James against a wall, stole his lunch money and left him beaten and humiliated, Kevin Garnett spoke to James and reminded him of certain things about the reality of how things are when you’re trying to carry a team on your own. Garnett said post-game when asked about James’ then impending free agency that “loyalty can hurt.” Garnett understood how James felt trying in vain to win with an inferior cast and never getting over the hump, and wanted to share with James his feeling that he should have ditched Minnesota sooner. (Note: Don’t tell Minnesota fans this, they still worship him like the ex-boyfriend who doesn’t mind when the ex-girlfriend comes over, steals his food, makes him do her laundry, and then goes and messes around with one of his richer friends.)

Now LeBron James is passing the message down the line to the next in the franchise martyr line. From the Chicago Tribune, via IAmAGM.com:

Before getting caught up in celebrating his teams series-clinching victory over the Bulls on Thursday night, Heat star LeBron James embraced Reggie Rose, Derricks older brother, and whispered a few words in Reggies ear.

“He said, Tell young fella hes a hell of a player and that hes one player away from a title, Reggie Rose said, relaying James message.

We’ve already discussed how James understands what Rose went through in this series, and this just illustrates the connection players who have felt that frustration and disappointment, more than the average player who loses a playoff series. This just shows that James is explicit in his support of Rose, despite the media-driven concept that they have some sort of “humble guy vs. egomaniac” feud.

Underrated Wade
05-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Cool but kinda true. For wade if he left that would be bad, but now chicago hates him. I think rose might team up with an elite player in maybe 2 years. Cavs fans needs to stop hating and blame it on the general manager or front officee and not lebron. Lebron leaving was a given.

magichatnumber9
05-29-2011, 10:05 AM
If the Bulls had Ray Allen they probably beat the Miami Heat

Davidgta1
05-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Cool but kinda true. For wade if he left that would be bad, but now chicago hates him. I think rose might team up with an elite player in maybe 2 years. Cavs fans needs to stop hating and blame it on the general manager or front officee and not lebron. Lebron leaving was a given.

It's over now an look he proved his point he teamed up with with other star players an now Look he's in the finals they should just forgive him now Or at least stop bringing it up now

davids22
05-29-2011, 12:49 PM
If the Bulls had Ray Allen they probably beat the Miami Heat

The Bulls would be so disgusting with Ray Allen. He would fit in perfectly with that team.

But in all seriousness, this thread has been done a million times before.

godolphins
05-29-2011, 02:31 PM
He's right but I don't appreciate him passing it on.

ManRam
05-29-2011, 02:54 PM
KG's situation and LeBron's situation were really eerily similar. KG's legacy took a huge hit because he was stuck in Minnesota, and I don't blame LeBron for not wanting to follow his footsteps.

Good to hear LeBron say that about Rose.

However, nice stories about LeBron don't generate pub or attention here. We only want the bad news so we can bash him!

sep11ie
05-29-2011, 03:27 PM
What's good about this story?

Is he telling Rose he needs to jump ship and join another team of stars or is he telling him he needs to have a slumber party with Dwight and DWill so they will take their talents to the windy city?

ManRam
05-29-2011, 03:30 PM
What's good about this story?

Is he telling Rose he needs to jump ship and join another team of stars or is he telling him he needs to have a slumber party with Dwight and DWill so they will take their talents to the windy city?

He didn't tell Rose to jump ship. He said Rose is a great player, and his team is a piece away from winning. Do you disagree with either of those? I think every Bulls fan in the world thinks the Bulls need one more player. He said he's on the brink of winning a championship, as the best player on the team.

He's constantly supported Rose, what's wrong with that. He relates to him. Rose got very little help these playoffs, yet still was very close...sounds a lot like himself.

marlinsfan24
05-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Only can Lebron say something positive and people on PSD find a way to turn it into a negative.

TheHighLife
05-29-2011, 04:21 PM
LeBron doesnt have to listen to everyone. He tends to do that often.

Sixerlover
05-29-2011, 04:23 PM
I didn't see anywhere where Lebron told him to jump ship. Maybe Rose will demand more help than the Utah Jazz castaways next offseason.

smith2373
05-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't see how LeBron said anything bad. All he said was the truth: All D. Rose is is one piece away from a championship.

Ty Fast
05-29-2011, 07:03 PM
chicago has a lot of good trade bait. if they could package some of that for a good #2 guy and boozer becomes the #3 they could be a hell of a team.

smith&wesson
05-29-2011, 08:04 PM
hey if KG can say it to LBJ why cant LBJ say it to D rose.

MelkyNYY
05-29-2011, 08:07 PM
I defend LeBron, but this is completely uncalled for. Who made Lebron James the puppet master in the NBA game that he gets to decide who is one player away from what. Seriously. If I was Rose or that Bulls team I'd be pissed. Shut up, we can win with this team right now, we beat you 3 times in the regular season.

This was completely uncalled for. Congratulate him and move on.

12evolution 9
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
too bad Chicago is in bad shape with there cap space....

... but unless they trade sm1 for sm1 then maybe ... but then who ever they trade they will loose a part of what they are ..

KingPosey
05-29-2011, 11:29 PM
He's right but I don't appreciate him passing it on.

because its a secret that Chi needed a swingman?

Bruno
05-29-2011, 11:34 PM
It's true. Countless examples of this.

Bryant wasted three years of his physical PEAK (26-27-28)waiting for the Lakers to put a contender around him. LeBron was done waiting, his legacy will reflect that when it's all said and done.

Sixerlover
05-30-2011, 12:24 AM
I defend LeBron, but this is completely uncalled for. Who made Lebron James the puppet master in the NBA game that he gets to decide who is one player away from what. Seriously. If I was Rose or that Bulls team I'd be pissed. Shut up, we can win with this team right now, we beat you 3 times in the regular season.

This was completely uncalled for. Congratulate him and move on.

Chicago IS a 2nd option away, that's obvious. When Rose goes cold who's going to score consistently? Just go through the list of championship teams (which is another reason Miami will win this year instead of Dallas)

Why is that so bad for another player to say? Was KG's statement uncalled for as well?

dodie53
05-30-2011, 04:02 AM
listen to the King.

ajnapoleon
05-30-2011, 05:56 AM
All he did was give rose some advice like he was given. And some people still have a issue with it... How long lebron had to wait until the cavs got him some one to play with ? 10-12 years... The celtics was sending him home every year no matter how much he did and all the media and fans kept talking about rings he left... I dont blame him