PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Point Guards?

ChiTownPacerFan
05-29-2011, 04:18 AM
I'm talking about the older guys, NOT Rose, CP3, D-Will, etc.

Does Nash, Kidd, Parker, or Billups, get in on the first ballot? If not, are they all bound for the hall eventually? Do guys like Sam Cassell, Andre Miller, or Gilbert Arenas (He's still only 29) have a chance? Am I forgetting anyone? Mike James, maybe.

HouRealCoach
05-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Stephon Marbury, Tony Parker, Steve Francis, Allen Iverson, Baron Davis, Mike Bibby couldve been considered in the list...

I think Nash, Kidd, and Billups make it tho

ChiTownPacerFan
05-29-2011, 04:28 AM
Bibby might be a bit of a stretch, and Iverson was an off-guard in my book. Good additions, though.

I know it's a trivial distinction, but do you think Nash, Kidd, or Billups get in on the first ballot then?

Master Mind
05-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Nash yes. Kidd yes. Billups no.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-29-2011, 05:12 AM

billups no?
nash = 0 rings
kidd = 2 finals appearance, 1 ring this year.
billups = 1 ring

how does your math make sense?

DetroitRipCity
05-29-2011, 06:42 AM

:facepalm:

Kashmir13579
05-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Nash, yes.
Kidd, yes.
Billups, yes.
Rondo, maybe.
Rose, no.
Ty Lawson, its a possibility.

urlachermess
05-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Nash, yes.
Kidd, yes.
Billups, yes.
Rondo, maybe.
Rose, no.

kidd, billups I agree....rondo won't but how can you say ty lawson is a possiblity over rose not getting in. Im not saying Rose is going to be a HoF'er but cmon hes got a better shot then Lawson who just became a starter half way through the season...?

Kashmir13579
05-29-2011, 06:54 AM
kidd, billups I agree....rondo won't but how can you say ty lawson is a possiblity over rose not getting in. Im not saying Rose is going to be a HoF'er but cmon hes got a better shot then Lawson who just became a starter half way through the season...?

HAha i was kidding man. :)

Rose definitely has as much of a shot as Lawson. That was a completely biased opinion and half-joke on my part.

For the record, i know the OP said no young guys, but i do think Rondo will eventually make his way to the HOF.

Evolution23
05-29-2011, 06:55 AM
billups no?
nash = 0 rings
billups = 1 ring

cause billups plays on the knicks so he's automatically out. I swear ****** love to hate.

Evolution23
05-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Nash, yes.
Kidd, yes.
Billups, yes.
Rondo, maybe.
Rose, no.

wtf u talking about rose not being in HOF and Lawson in. stop drinking that haterade.

ragee
05-29-2011, 07:00 AM
billups no?
nash = 0 rings
billups = 1 ring

Because Nash won two MVPs... I am not saying Billups will not make it... I am just trying to point out if Nash is put in the HOF and Billups isn't, this will be the reason... I love the highlighted part! :D

b@llhog24
05-29-2011, 07:44 AM
billups no?
nash = 0 rings
billups = 1 ring

Because Nash won two MVPs... I am not saying Billups will not make it... I am just trying to point out if Nash is put in the HOF and Billups isn't, this will be the reason... I love the highlighted part! :D

Wouldn't this make 3 finals for Kidd?

rhino17
05-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Amazing avatar from the OP

Iverson, Kidd, Billups, Nash, and Parker are probably in

ManRam
05-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I think only Kidd and Nash are slam dunks (Iverson too if you're calling him a PG).

Billups I'm iffy about. Yes, he has a ring and a Finals MVP, but he was never 1st team all NBA, only once was 2nd team. He just was really ever considered one of the most elite PGs in the NBA IMO, at least not for long enough of a period.

Parker I don't think makes it, again, despite a Finals MVP. He was just never elite enough. He made an all-NBA team once, and that was 3rd team. Only thee all-star games too.

Gilbert, Francis, Miller, Cassell etc. shouldn't have a shot in hell IMO.

This is the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good Players.

heatbb
05-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Nash, Kidd and Iverson. He was a HOF player for a very long time, no matter what he's done after that.

Str1fe5
05-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Kidd and Nash are the only two that get in for me. Chauncey was always very good, never elite. Being the third best player on a championship team doesn't make you a HOF player.

Whoever thinks Ty Lawson has a better chance to make the HoF than Derrick Rose probably doesn't even know what a basketball looks like.

Rivera
05-29-2011, 01:30 PM
billups no?
nash = 0 rings
billups = 1 ring

lol this make no sense...so robert horry is a HOF'er right? and derrick fisher to right?

billiups wont get in on the first ballot but i could see him squeaking by after a few years

im certain nash and kidd could and will get in on the first ballot

allSUAVE
05-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Billups Nash kidd and Allen iverson