PDA

View Full Version : Lebron still watches tape of 2007 NBA Finals for motivation

JordansBulls
05-28-2011, 07:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-lebronsshot

I think about it all the time, James said of that 2007 series. I even go back and watch some of those games and see how I wasnt that good of a player, especially on both ends of the floor. You just try to use those moments. I feel like theres no way I should be out on the floor and the team that Im on cant win a game in a series. I use that as motivation. Ive got a lot of motivation.

210Don
05-28-2011, 07:30 PM
back when we were great.....
bowen dominated him

ShiroRX
05-28-2011, 07:31 PM
He will be difficult to stop this series. super saiyan mode.

ManRam
05-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Why would he watch these videos? I thought he doesn't want to win and has no hunger ;)

Bowen did do a great job. Doubt anyone can ever hold him to those numbers again in a playoffs. That Spurs defense as a whole was probably one of the best of the last 10-15 years.

36% shooting for a whole series? Never will happen to him again, at least not in his prime.

JB0B0
05-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Why? He had a **** team and won the east when the east was weak as ****. It's not his fault he was swept

ManRam
05-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Why? He had a **** team and won the east when the east was weak as ****. It's not his fault he was swept

I'm sure he doesn't have that thought process, despite it basically being true.

He says he does it for motivation. He doesn't like losing, and getting to the Finals only to be slaughtered isn't a fun thing. Definitely understandable that he'd be upset and that it still could motivate him

JordansBulls
05-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Why would he watch these videos? I thought he doesn't want to win and has no hunger ;)

Bowen did do a great job. Doubt anyone can ever hold him to those numbers again in a playoffs. That Spurs defense as a whole was probably one of the best of the last 10-15 years.

36% shooting for a whole series? Never will happen to him again, at least not in his prime.

Well the next year IIRC he shot 35% against Boston.

Raph12
05-28-2011, 08:59 PM
That Spurs defense was outstanding, it wasn't just Bowen (although his individual defense was great as well), but the team as a whole was outstanding... Shut him down like I've never seen before.

PS: Nerves may have had something to do with it

Jaji
05-28-2011, 09:12 PM

Yeah Bowen and the Spurs D as a whole. They built a wall round him and contested every jumpshot they forced him to take.

Jaji
05-28-2011, 09:15 PM
That Spurs defense was outstanding, it wasn't just Bowen (although his individual defense was great as well), but the team as a whole was outstanding... Shut him down like I've never seen before.

PS: Nerves may have had something to do with it

Plus he was just a kid. 22 years old and without a championship quality squad around him to help. Just amazing that he was able to carry that team as far as he did.

DJakk
05-28-2011, 09:19 PM
The referees watch it too. They can't let Lebron lose again.

ManRam
05-28-2011, 09:23 PM

Original...

davids22
05-28-2011, 09:27 PM

Yeah because we all know the NBA made so much more money on a 4-game series with the winner being a team from one of the smaller basketball markets.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-28-2011, 09:33 PM

They did, but he was the only offensive option. But shooting % is such a funny stat to use in a short series. He could shoot great in 5 out of 6 games. And have one atrocious game like 6 of 29 which will completely ruin his shooting percentage for the whole series. It takes away from his great perforances the other 5 nights. Not saying that is what happened that series, but I do see it happen often.

Cromedome
05-28-2011, 09:59 PM
This is what the NBA forum has come too. Lebron this...Lebron that. I don't respect Lebron or the Heat for ruining the NBA at all.

Chronz
05-29-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm sure he doesn't have that thought process, despite it basically being true.

He says he does it for motivation. He doesn't like losing, and getting to the Finals only to be slaughtered isn't a fun thing. Definitely understandable that he'd be upset and that it still could motivate him
Hes tempered his expectations of that series, he just doesn't understand how he didn't win atleast one game.

hugepatsfan
05-29-2011, 12:38 AM

That wasn't his prime though. Lebron has grown tremendously since that Finals appearance and even that next year where he lost to BOS.

John Walls Era
05-29-2011, 12:46 AM
He probably should've won the one when Bowen fouled him (wrapped him up) at the end but the refs didn't call a foul. But more motivation by the fact that he got swept. Hopefully he can do the sweeping this time...

kdspurman
05-31-2011, 08:47 AM
He probably should've won the one when Bowen fouled him (wrapped him up) at the end but the refs didn't call a foul. But more motivation by the fact that he got swept. Hopefully he can do the sweeping this time...

he didn't wrap him up he took a swipe with both hands at lebron but he actually got very little contact.. he said he was trying to foul him but he missed. and lebron said after the game it wasn't a foul. no guarantees lebron hits all 3 ft's anyway as he was in the low-mid 70's at that point in terms of %

SteBO
05-31-2011, 08:50 AM
This is what the NBA forum has come too. Lebron this...Lebron that. I don't respect Lebron or the Heat for ruining the NBA at all.

ManRam, this is also original.....

MagicHero3
05-31-2011, 09:37 AM
i feel like watching tape from 4 yrs ago will just bring him back to the old bad habits he had when he was playing then. he should watch mavs tape and heat tapes from this season. IMO hes a much better player now than he was then.

jezzyman05
05-31-2011, 10:01 AM

This is coming from a fan who team has 2 superstars (Carmelo and Amare) and are on the verge of adding Chris Paul....spare me the sob story will ya

SteBO
05-31-2011, 10:14 AM
This is coming from a fan who team has 2 superstars (Carmelo and Amare) and are on the verge of adding Chris Paul....spare me the sob story will ya

:clap:

Fmaranesi
05-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Dont feel too bad about that 07 finals Lebron, you had no help

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/stats/2006/nba_finals_stats.html

Larry Hughes started 2 games and played 22 minutes per game in the finals and averaged 1 point per game hahahaha

Fmaranesi
05-31-2011, 10:26 AM

Oh the Heat ruined the NBA??? you better thank the Heat because without them then your Knicks wouldn't have added Carmelo/Billups/Stat and on the verge of signing Chris Paul in the coming years. Get outta here . Such a hypocrite.

lakerboy
05-31-2011, 12:26 PM
This is the same Spurs team Kobe beat every year? He should have called Kobe and asked for tips.

JJ_JKidd
05-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Ah he just needs to remind the refs what Stern ordered them to do

210Don
05-31-2011, 09:23 PM
This is the same Spurs team Kobe beat every year? He should have called Kobe and asked for tips.

:facepalm:
no it wasnt.... you sucked from 05 to 07 your were a non factor....
you beat us in 08 when we were old same team 1 year older, as you may recall you lost that year to the celtics..... so he wouldnt get no knowledge from kobe as far as the spurs go

blastmasta26
05-31-2011, 11:30 PM
The only tip Kobe would've had is to find a better team. Which he did.