PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's decision show was not LeBron's idea

Durant is hype
05-28-2011, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5enPX4FJF1U-Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cuaLK7ELEM&feature=related-Part 2

ManRam
05-28-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm not listening to that ****. I heard Jim Gray's name, and I say all the time that Jim Gray said all along that LeBron was very reluctant to do it, in fact, he didn't want to do it at all, until his handlers said charity would be involved. Not sure if this is saying the same thing as that, but that's always been the word as far as I'm aware.

12evolution 9
05-28-2011, 07:29 PM
people wont care ... they just want to hate ... atleast some do... majority do

Hawkeye15
05-28-2011, 07:37 PM
people will indeed not care, but they shouldn't. I don't care what the reasons were. You don't go on national TV with millions watching and deliver that news. While I don't think he thought through the backlash he would get, he still shouldn't have done it.

Hence why he canned his "handlers" shortly thereafter.

TheHighLife
05-28-2011, 07:48 PM
He didn't have to do it.

PhillyFaninLA
05-28-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm in the minority on this issue. I never cared one way or the other that he did it.

Here are 2 facts about the Decision:

- regardless of who's idea it was it doesn't air is ESPN says no, if ESPN didn't think it was a good idea then it wouldn't have happened, so everyone mad a Lebron needs to be mad at whatever producer green lighted it and whoever else at ESPN needed to sign off on it

and

- it raised money for the Boys and Girls Club of America which I will never be mad at. anything that raises money for a charity that works with kids is good in my book

210Don
05-28-2011, 07:58 PM
sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

king4day
05-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Can the OP give a brief rundown of what's relevant in the video? maybe the time too.
I can't listen to a guy telling listeners to stop typing.

That said, without listening, here's how I look at it. Lebron did it. Doesn't matter who's idea it was. He did it for charity which is admirable but it coulda been done differently and still made some money.

Master Mind
05-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Can the OP give a brief rundown of what's relevant in the video? maybe the time too.
I can't listen to a guy telling listeners to stop typing.

That said, without listening, here's how I look at it. Lebron did it. Doesn't matter who's idea it was. He did it for charity which is admirable but it coulda been done differently and still made some money.

How so? Only thing I think he could have done differently was tell Cleveland he wasn't coming back ahead of time...And he didn't have to do that either

championships
05-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Pretty sure no one put a gun to his head and made him do it. In the end, It was his decision.

Master Mind
05-28-2011, 08:18 PM
It was an opportunity of a lifetime, no one in the history of sports did this...How can you pass it up

CountSackula
05-28-2011, 08:22 PM
:laugh2: A huge orgy with LeBron as the blowup doll in the middle.

That's where I turned off the podcast.

daleja424
05-28-2011, 08:28 PM
People didnt complain about the decision until they found out he wasn't going to their favorite team. There was no public outcry that he is an ego maniac until people found out he was going to Miami. Did he need to do the decision? HELL NO. Did you all tune in and watch it? YES YOU DID.

At this point... all the arguments for and against it have been exhausted... its time to just let it go...

DJakk
05-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Even if he miraculously did not come up with the idea, he still accepted the idea and did it.

KnicksR4Real
05-28-2011, 08:36 PM
it ultimately comes down to him.... what a stupid thread

Master Mind
05-28-2011, 08:38 PM
People didnt complain about the decision until they found out he wasn't going to their favorite team. There was no public outcry that he is an ego maniac until people found out he was going to Miami. Did he need to do the decision? HELL NO. Did you all tune in and watch it? YES YOU DID.

At this point... all the arguments for and against it have been exhausted... its time to just let it go...

This.

Sly Guy
05-28-2011, 08:54 PM
couldn't care less who's idea it was. It was a bad one, and he still did it anyway.

Raph12
05-28-2011, 08:57 PM
people will indeed not care, but they shouldn't. I don't care what the reasons were. You don't go on national TV with millions watching and deliver that news. While I don't think he thought through the backlash he would get, he still shouldn't have done it.

This /thread

keithy19
05-28-2011, 09:15 PM
It was an opportunity of a lifetime, no one in the history of sports did this...How can you pass it up

I'm not entirely sure why but this statement bothers me.

ManRam
05-28-2011, 09:18 PM

This is true. Even on this site, there was very little criticism about "The Decision" until after the fact of the matter...

This site set its record for most users on at one time for The Decision...even if you hated it (probably in hindsight), you probably watched it.

It's been know basically since it happened that it wasn't his decision and he was very reluctant...but he still did it. It was ultimately his decision to do The Decision...

keithy19
05-28-2011, 09:18 PM
I should also point out that the way ESPN handled the whole thing annoyed me. I didn't lose any sleep over it, but it was just a pet peeve of mine.

whitemamba33
05-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Not true. I'm a Lakers fan. There was never any talk of getting LeBron at all. I really didn't care where he went, that's why I didn't watch. I just find it a tad bit disrespectful to his hometown. He's already giving up on his goal of bringing his home a title, he doesn't need to *****slap them on national television. Even if he came to the Lakers with "the decision", i'd still say it wasn't a cool thing to do to Cleveland.

It just wasn't "classy". But who am I to say that he needs to have class? That is his mama's job...so i'm not surprised the job didn't get done lol.

I do agree that it needs to be let go.

GeekInThePink
05-28-2011, 09:25 PM
I call ********. and that whole "he didnt go to people favourite teams ****" is a stupid excuse, people were upset because he broadcasting his free agency like a egotistical jerk, and showed the public how immature he is.

Big Game Son
05-28-2011, 09:29 PM
R u serious? Now this is brought up...when the finals start and MJ comparisons come out. This is so funny. Is LeBron turning into Charlie Sheen. He can do anything now and suddenly hes as good as MJ and not rly that bad of a guy. This is the same guy who wouldn't shake hands with the Spurs, went on TV willingly to backstab his former team, bumped two of his coaches to try to intimidate them cuz that's what real men do AND got caught at a baseball game wearing a Knicks hat. I have no respect for him as a person whatsoever. His game...you can't deny is fantastic, but rly....Jordan comparisons after he can't win on his home state team, but now after he works in collusion with 2 other allstars and 2 former awesome players are acquired (Miller/Bibby) the guy is a basketball savant. This is why the NBA is about to lock out...no respect for the essence of the game and negative behavioral reinforcement.

I hate to say..but maybe a lock-out is required to allow this whole ridiculous money to era re-calibrate itself and get back to the real world.

vickaz07
05-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Are we seriously still talking and caring about this?

Cromedome
05-28-2011, 09:53 PM
It wouldn't have been a big of deal if Lebron went anywhere else EXCEPT Miami. Miami already had D-wade and Bosh......so the fans WORLDWIDE said, WTF...are you kidding me? Miami?

29$JerZ
05-28-2011, 09:55 PM
BS

You don't go out on TV and disown your team and make a spectacle of where you are going for something that should take no more than 5 minutes of explanation. Was blown up, marketed and credited all to LeBron.

Please

ManRam
05-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Are we seriously still talking and caring about this?

I agree. This was forever ago. LeBron said he'd do things differently, the people who really pushed this idea for the most part aren't associated with him any more (from most accounts) and he's having on-the-court success.

He made a mistake (if you believe it was one), he's learned from it, and we all need to move on.

But it's LeBron James, so we won't. There is a reason only he could have pulled that off, and that same reason is why he gets so much attention and scrutiny...like this.

Bishnoff
05-28-2011, 10:02 PM

This.

RZZZA
05-28-2011, 10:03 PM
man, its in the past, who even cares anymore. Let's focus on how we can defeat the evil empire now (Miami)

ManRam
05-28-2011, 10:10 PM
man, its in the past, who even cares anymore. Let's focus on how we can defeat the evil empire now (Miami)

We?

RZZZA
05-28-2011, 10:13 PM
are you a Miami bandwagoner now Manram?

ryang
05-28-2011, 10:27 PM
A Didnt everybody watch the decision hoping he picked you??
B U still care???
C Why is this a thread??
D If you watched the decision then it was called good tv and if you didnt watch there is no reason to be mad unless it's jealousy then i understand..

ryang
05-28-2011, 10:28 PM
P.s. Twista was good for about 5 minutes.. (or one cd to break it down) and it wasnt his own po pimp

RZZZA
05-28-2011, 10:35 PM
adrenaline rush, runnin off at da mouth, thats two good cd's

good music lives forever, you don't need to stay relevant forever because the classics never die

jrm2054
Nike is to blame for anything lebron does that is frowned upon

MattColby
Lebrons a tool

SportsAndrew25
05-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Well he made the Decision to do the Decision.

ryang
05-28-2011, 10:57 PM
yes he made the decision and u watched...

TO to the CHI
05-28-2011, 11:04 PM

Very well said.

Also, I dont get why a Lebron defender would make a thread like this that inevitably gives haters fodder to revisit the Decision. Lebron is letting his play do the talking and it is speaking volumes. His supporters should do the same..... And enjoy it.

Big Zo
05-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Lebrons a tool

White people word! Lol

sventhedog
05-28-2011, 11:21 PM
this is probably a thread by nike.

TrueFan420
05-28-2011, 11:24 PM
who cares... he was dumb for doing it and and came off as egotistical. if he really cared that much about helping the less fortunate than he should just write a fat check.

Chi StateOfMind
05-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Pretty sure no one put a gun to his head and made him do it. In the end, It was his decision.

This. I hope people don't believe this crap. Seriously.

ryang
05-28-2011, 11:40 PM
who cares?

whitemamba33
05-28-2011, 11:51 PM
A Didnt everybody watch the decision hoping he picked you??
B U still care???
C Why is this a thread??
D If you watched the decision then it was called good tv and if you didnt watch there is no reason to be mad unless it's jealousy then i understand..

A: no. He was never going to come to the Lakers. I wouldn't have wanted him...it is bad for the NBA.
B: Obviously you do..you are still here talking about it.
C: See my answer for B
D: I've watched plenty of terrible things on television, doesn't make it good tv. I didn't watch "the decision", but i'm not mad or jealous. Just lost respect for him as a competitor. He said he was going to bring a ship to Cleveland, I would have liked to see him do that. Nothing wrong with one hard earned title.

ryang
05-29-2011, 12:09 AM
A: no. He was never going to come to the Lakers. I wouldn't have wanted him...it is bad for the NBA.B: Obviously you do..you are still here talking about it.C: See my answer for B
D: I've watched plenty of terrible things on television, doesn't make it good tv. I didn't watch "the decision", but i'm not mad or jealous. Just lost respect for him as a competitor. He said he was going to bring a ship to Cleveland, I would have liked to see him do that. Nothing wrong with one hard earned title.

1: You wouldn't take Lebron cause it would be bad for the NBA??:facepalm: I guess you don't love the lakers like i love the HEAT...

2: I was responding... :facepalm:

3: Of course you wanted him to stay in cleveland now you are all but done...(the lakers i mean).. and dont say Kobe is playing at a high level.. I'll keep Lebron over him as well as Wade...

CHILL20
05-29-2011, 12:39 AM
This is true. Even on this site, there was very little criticism about "The Decision" until after the fact of the matter...

This site set its record for most users on at one time for The Decision...even if you hated it (probably in hindsight), you probably watched it.

It's been know basically since it happened that it wasn't his decision and he was very reluctant...but he still did it. It was ultimately his decision to do The Decision...

So basically Lebron can do no wrong in your eyes? I mean I realize he's your favorite player and everything. But the way you defend this guy's actions (in a lot of your posts), you'd think Lebron was a candidate for sainthood or something. No offense, it's just you make it seem like it's all the public making him look bad, nothing at all from his end. Like he's walking around with a halo over his head 24/7.

hugepatsfan
05-29-2011, 12:44 AM

I think you're point applies to fans of the Knicks, Bulls, etc. But I think nuetral fans thought it was stupid all the way. Even though I watched it I thought it was a horrible move. If he really wanted to help charity that bad he could have wrote a check and given his own money. But regardless, it's been way over talked about.

hugepatsfan
05-29-2011, 12:47 AM
The fact that Lebron is so easily controlled by Nike and his homies like this is part of why I hate him. I can't stand people w/ no backbone. If you remember, there was some controversy over MIA hiring his friends to jobs after signing him. There was concern he could have given them an ultimatum - hire them or I don't come (package deals like that are illegal in the NBA). Lebron's biggest problem is that he doesn't have the spine to stand up to Nike, Maverick Carter, and the rest of his homies. Dude's basically whipped w/ his friends.

whitemamba33
05-29-2011, 01:04 AM
The fact that Lebron is so easily controlled by Nike and his homies like this is part of why I hate him. I can't stand people w/ no backbone. If you remember, there was some controversy over MIA hiring his friends to jobs after signing him. There was concern he could have given them an ultimatum - hire them or I don't come (package deals like that are illegal in the NBA). Lebron's biggest problem is that he doesn't have the spine to stand up to Nike, Maverick Carter, and the rest of his homies. Dude's basically whipped w/ his friends.

Zero facts.

You can't stand people w/ no backbone, I can't stand people who think they know more than they do. You've never even met him, and you have no facts to go on. You don't know anything about the situations you are commenting on, and you are still making statements like "whipped w/ his friends".

whitemamba33
05-29-2011, 01:12 AM
1: You wouldn't take Lebron cause it would be bad for the NBA??:facepalm: I guess you don't love the lakers like i love the HEAT...

2: I was responding... :facepalm:

3: Of course you wanted him to stay in cleveland now you are all but done...(the lakers i mean).. and dont say Kobe is playing at a high level.. I'll keep Lebron over him as well as Wade...

lol...I guess we are switching from letters to numbers now?

1. I don't want super teams that take away from the competitive nature of the league. Yes I love the Lakers, but that doesn't mean that I want to see lower market teams consistently fail. I don't love my team more than I love the game.

2. Well you "responding" is what keeps threads like these alive. You complain about them, but yet you contribute to a high post count. People are still going to make threads about it if there is lots of discussion.

3. What does him staying in Cleveland have to do with the Lakers being "done"? I wanted him to stay in Cleveland before "the decision"...and that was just after the Lakers had won the championship. Why are you trying to turn this into a Kobe vs LeBron thread?

If you are going to respond, please put more thought into next time. This was a mess.

ryang
05-29-2011, 01:13 AM

I think he does whatever nike says cause he makes about 11 mill a year doing what they say... god what kind of idiot is that:facepalm:

I would do a decision every year for that kinda money and so would everyone else... Money and fame makes everybody mad

hugepatsfan
05-29-2011, 01:13 AM
Zero facts.

You can't stand people w/ no backbone, I can't stand people who think they know more than they do. You've never even met him, and you have no facts to go on. You don't know anything about the situations you are commenting on, and you are still making statements like "whipped w/ his friends".

Never claimed to have met him. But we all process information and form opinions based on it. Part of life. Based off of what I've seen/read/heard of him, I feel he's an egocentric prick and a total douchebag.

I know that Lebron's friends worked for the team while he was in CLE. I remember reading about similar situations in MIA. I'm pretty sure Lebron had something to do w/ it. I've read the stuff about him being upset D-Rose didn't call him. Nike constantly interferes w/ his business (Chuck comments, dunking incident, etc.) but not for their other clients. He gets star calls like you wouldn't believe. (And before you say I'm hating, I have ROUTINELY talked about what an asset it is for BOS that KG can set illegal screen after illegal screen and not be called for it. Star calls are a part of the game IMO, but no one gets them like him.) I think it's ridiculous the way he seems to be pampered and spoiled.

I say I hate him, but I really shouldn't. How could someone in his situation be anything but a douchebag? It's only natural when you are spoiled that much.

Heater4life
05-29-2011, 01:15 AM
why are we still talking about the decision?

ryang
05-29-2011, 01:25 AM
lol...I guess we are switching from letters to numbers now?

1. I don't want super teams that take away from the competitive nature of the league. Yes I love the Lakers, but that doesn't mean that I want to see lower market teams consistently fail. I don't love my team more than I love the game. 2. Well you "responding" is what keeps threads like these alive. You complain about them, but yet you contribute to a high post count. People are still going to make threads about it if there is lots of discussion.

3. What does him staying in Cleveland have to do with the Lakers being "done"? I wanted him to stay in Cleveland before "the decision"...and that was just after the Lakers had won the championship. Why are you trying to turn this into a Kobe vs LeBron thread?If you are going to respond, please put more thought into next time. This was a mess.

i thought the bulls vs heat was a good series pretty close 2??

2: I love the heat and if a super team is created by us then good..

3:Im not but your a lakers fan and seeings how most of your fans feel we will run it for a while i just assumed you were mad 2..

I was talkin to someone u jump in like oh im smart... just sit back and enjoy your summer like kobe

fishfan79
05-29-2011, 02:03 AM
raising 3 million charity >>> whining fans feelings.

cutiepie80
05-29-2011, 02:10 AM
I am sure he was so upset about the money he would make because of it.

What a terrible thread, seriously. Do we need to have a reason to want Lebron any more than this. Best player in the NBA, complete egomaniac check.