PDA

View Full Version : NBA Round Table: Finals Previews

ManRam
05-27-2011, 11:01 PM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3501/roundtable1.png
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6778/roundtable4.png
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9928/roundtable3.png

Welcome to ProSportsDaily.com's Round Table discussion group. This is a continued series here at PSD where we pose a question to our writing staff and they answer.

This week we bring you our NBA Finals Predictions. We asked each member to write up a brief summary of how they think the series will unfold. We left the criteria vague on purpose. Hope you enjoy! Any critiques, insight or retorts are very welcome.

At the end of each preview, each member made their prediction.

Hawkeye15

This should be an interesting series that will go back and forth pitting a high scoring team against a great defense. The Heat will struggle finding a matchup that will slow Dirk Nowitzki, but the Mavs will also struggle to find perimeter defenders to keep on the floor to guard LeBron and Wade without sacrificing too much of their offense. Expect to see Kidd guarding Wade a ton. The Mavs have shooters that they surround Dirk with to make you pay for sending help, and big men who rebound and defend the paint. The Heat have a swarming defense that closes on the 3 point line, and two guys who not only create shots for themselves all over the floor, but also make you pay for sending help by setting up their teammates.

The Mavericks have played great defense when it was needed most all postseason. And they have arguably the MVP of the playoffs on their roster in Dirk Nowitzki. But they haven't had to deal with LeBron and Wade creating havoc for opposing defenses by getting out in transition, and breaking down defenses. The Mavs won't be able to go to their bench and especially Peja with the high minutes like they have in previous series, they just can't let allow their bench to get beat up defensively, and will be forced to play Stevenson more than they would like to. The Heats defense will make life miserable for the Mavs in this series. The only hope the Mavs have is that Dirk goes insane, and outplays LeBron handidly.

I think the Mavs are a great team, but its becoming apparent that the Heat, and LeBron James, are a freight train right now that can't be stopped.

Heat in 7

ebbs

Heading into the 2011 NBA finals we have two completely different stories. On one side we have the Dallas Mavericks who once again will be the underdog; on the other side we have the Miami Heat who this summer formed the first of what could become a trend in a super team.

The Mavericks will need to take advantage of two key things. The first being their depth; Dirk will do his thing, and shake Bosh whichever way he feels. But the Dallas depth will need to make up the difference between Dirk and the Miami superstars. It’s rare that anyone other than the big 3 will torch you so Dallas needs to do their best to limit and match the scoring of the trio. Miami’s struggles late in games during the regular season may haunt them as Dallas just came off two great comeback wins and Dirk has been the post seasons best closer thus far. The second thing Dallas needs to do is capitalize on the veteran experience. Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Peja, and Terry all have post season experience but all have fallen short of a championship. You can see the hunger in their eyes and you know how bad they want it. The Dallas veterans need to continue to hustle and push themselves like Marion did in game 5 against the thunder. Dallas will need the energy to wear down Miami’s three headed monster.

The Miami Heat, need to come out and slow down Dirk Nowitzki from the opening tip. Phil Jackson said the way to beat Dallas was to accept that Dirk would get his points and key in on Dallas’s other scorers. But Dirk has singlehandedly willed his team to the finals. Dirk is scoring 28.4 points a game with insane efficiency Miami needs to cool him down. Secondly Miami needs to do what Los Angeles didn’t. They need to be in the face of Dallas’s shooters. The close outs have to come fast and they need to be consistent. If the rotation and close outs don’t happen Dallas’s shooters in Terry, Peja, Kidd, even Stevenson will tear Miami apart.

The teams are very different, Dallas builds momentum from their shooting and depth, and they play off of their one superstar. Miami builds off of their trio and alternates their offense to accommodate all three players. In the end I think Dallas is to hungry and has been to consistent this entire postseason to falter here.

Mavericks in 7.

SteBo

OK, so maybe we didn't get the Lakers/Heat matchup many of us probably wanted to see. So what? I think, we have a much better Finals matchup at hand. The Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat should be a great Finals matchup that even the fan that couldn't care less about the NBA should want to see. Both teams have advantages that's hard to counter in any scenario let alone the biggest NBA stage.

The Dallas Mavericks' biggest advantage in this series is a two things, Dirk Nowitzki and a deep bench. Nowitzki is having a postseason to remember at the moment, and has been without a doubt, the postseason MVP thus far. He had a 48-point performance in Game 1 vs. the Thunder, and a 40 point game @OKC, scoring 14 of his points in the 4th quarter and overtime in the Mavs' come from behind win. Clearly, this guy isn't afraid of the moment, and won't shy away this time around. Their bench is an advantage they've milked all postseason long. Jason Terry, J.J. Barea, Peja Stojakovic, etc.... have been phenomenal for the Mavs off the bench, and they'll need similar contributions to offset the onslaught that is LeBron, Wade, and Bosh.

The Heat's advantages are pretty obvious. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh have come a long way from their 9-8 start, 5-game losing streak, bumpgate, crygate, etc... All of that has nade them tougher, and look where they are now. They're playing at high level, and they'll need to keep it up and then some against this lethal Dallas offense. As I said above, the Mavs have a depth advantage. It's no knock on the Heat bench, but those guys can score 20+ on any given night. Thankfully for Miami, Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem showed up at just the right time to not only help to knock off a very good Chicago team, but to try to offset the bench contributions of Dallas. However, this will not be the end all, be all of the outcome of this series. It will come down to star power and rebounding. The rebounding battle, like the ECF, will be a telling sign if who wins this series, because let's face it, both teams can really score the ball and the last thing both teams want to do is give their opponents extra opportunities to score. Most importantly though, Miami has to play their best defense and keep the Mavs off the offensive glass and even then, the big three needs to play at their highest level. Dwyane Wade and LeBron James have been here before, one successful, the other not so much, so they need to feed off each other.

I've said this for months now. While having depth is important, it's even more important to have multiple options that can flat out get the job done when it matters. And on more than enough occasions this postseason, LeBron, Dwyane, and Chris have gotten it done time and time again and it's hard for me to see this change now. It won't be easy, but then again, it never is.

Heat in 7

Mile High Champ

Well it has all come down to this, a repeat of the 2006 NBA finals. I could not think of a more exciting match up and storyline going into this year’s finals. Can Dirk overcome the finals collapse back in 06 and win his first NBA title? Can the Big Three silence the doubters and possibly begin an NBA dynasty?
As far as the series goes, a few things to consider. Both Lebron James & Dirk Nowitzki have been absolutely sensational in the 2011 post season. Both players will certainly get their points and there is little either team can do to stop the other. However; I do expect Dirk to get the better end of this series for a few reasons. After watching what Dirk accomplished this past round against the Thunder, one has to ask; is it possible for him to be even better? I will have to answer that question with resounding YES. Currently Dirk is shooting 51% from the floor and 51% from behind the arc. But the one area of Dirk's game that has seen the greatest improvement is his ability to get to the free throw line. Outside of the 2006 post season, Dirk has never really made it a prerogative to attack the rim. Though, in this post season, Dirk has managed to get to the charity stripe over 9 times per game. If Nowitzki continues to attack the rim at the rate he did against the Thunder, I expect Dirk to average more than 30ppg in this series.

With that being said, the Mavs will need a whole lot more than Dirk at his best to win this series. Expect Jason Kidd & Shawn Marion to get the assignments of covering Dwyane Wade and Lebron James. Now at first glance, this looks like a glaring problem for the Mavs and in some ways yes it will be. I fully expect Jason Kidd to do a stand up job on Wade and limit some of his dribble penetration into the paint. On the other side, it is unlikely that Marion will be able to keep up with quickness and speed of Lebron James so expect Lebron to put forth a MVP caliber effort. Chris bosh in my opinion will be more of a factor in this series than Wade as I expect him to be the Heat’s 2nd leading scorer. However; I do believe that the deciding factor in this series will be the presence of Tyson Chandler. The Heat have had the luxury this post season of playing against teams that lacked a great interior defensive presence. Chandler should make life difficult for the Lebron and Wade in their attempts to get to the basket. Chandler’s ability to alter and block shots will be a game changer in this series and I fully expect Chandler to be the difference for the Mavs.

The bench play between the two teams is a wash for me though Jason Terry has had a very good post season run. Expect Mike Miller to have a solid series off the bench for the Heat as he steps up his game this round to a level much like his game 4 against the Bulls. In the end though, I expect the Heat to lose one of their first two games at home and the Mavs to take 2 of 3 games at home. This will result in the Mavs winning a hard fought series in 6 games.

Mavs in 6

td0tsfinest

There were many who predicted the Heat would make it this far the moment Lebron declared his 'decision' but only a few imagined the Dallas Mavericks would make it to the promised land. But this team has solidify it's worth and proven to be the most dominating force in the playoffs thus far.

The Mavericks won the season series, 2-0 and were the thorn in the Heat's amazing 22-2 run. Yes, those two loses belonged to the Mavericks. But this Heat team has made giant strides and continues to be a better team as each game goes by. This will be one exciting finals. Coming into the series, both teams have proven to play strong when the game is on the line. Dallas and Miami are coming off impressive come from behind wins to close off their respective series and at the helm are their two best players, Dirk and Lebron. You expect both stars to come out firing in this series as well and there isn't much you can do to stop them. Its the rest of the cast that will decide the fate of their team.

Bosh put on a great show against the Bulls but had a lackluster performance against the Celtics, which Chris Bosh will we see in this series? Wade, as we saw last night, seems to be hampered by a left shoulder injury. The seriousness of the injury is unknown but it seems he will be fully recovered in the coming days. The Mavericks on the other hand, we no definite second scorer, rely on the collective scoring of their entire team. Dallas' bench of Barea, Terry, Haywood and Peja have been a key part of their success but how will they fair matching up with Wade and Lebron. Tyson Chandler has been the anchor of the Mavericks defense but with the Heats knack of drawing plenty of fouls per game, will he be able to stay out of foul trouble?

Dallas has had a great journey and Dirk is playing like the playoff MVP but Miami's defense maybe too much for the Mavs to handle. Dirk has been phenomenal but the star power of the big three gives the Heat more versatility and options throughout the series. Both teams will put up a good battle but in the end, it will be the Heat up on top.

Heat in 7

Mr. Baller

LeBron James took his talents to South Beach, all in hope to take his talents to the NBA Final. And in year one of the Big Three era in Miami, the Heat have reached the NBA Finals. This time around James hopes to win the NBA Finals as they take on Dirk Nowitzki, also looking for his first ring, and the Dallas Mavericks.

The Mavs have one of the best offenses in the NBA, but they have not had to deal with the defense of the Miami Heat this post season. The Heat while undersized, have some of the best rebounders for their positions in Mike Miller, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James. With two very good defenders in the paint in Joel Anthony and Chris Bosh, they will hope to limit Dirk offensively and Chandler on the rebounds. The Heat will have to change their defensive strategy however due to the fact that the Mavs have great 3 point shooters surrounding Dirk, unlike the Bulls who heavily relied on the MVP.

Dwyane Wade had an awful series against the Bulls except for some miraculous fourth quarters. I expect Wade to bounce back now that he will not be forced to heavily guard a great offensive player. I expect Wade to start on Stevenson who is not a threat like Ray Allen or Derrick Rose, and will only be forced to guard Jason Kidd in their no point guard sets at the end of games.

The big key for the Heat in this series is the power forward position. Chris Bosh played fantastic in the series against the Bulls, and if he continues to play that way both offensively and defensively it will be tough to beat the Heat. If Bosh can come close to matching Dirk's production and limit him on defense (nobody will stop Dirk, but only slow him down), then i can see the Heat winning this series.

Dirk and the Mavs have had a fantastic season, and I for one did not see them making the Finals when the post season began, however, they will be no easy task for the Heat. Dirk will need Terry, Marion, and Kidd to step it up began the Heat will not allow Dirk to beat them. Despite the Mavs winning the season series 2-0, the Heat did not have Mike Miller or Udonis Haslem, and the Mavs had Caron Butler in both of those games, and we have seen the regular season to mean very little with the Heat in their past two series.

With that being said I pick the Heat to win in 6 in a great series.

patsSOXknicks

When I try to pick a winner in a playoff series, I look at the starting 5 of each team. The bench certainly helps but the starters tend to play increased minutes in the playoffs and ultimately, the starters usually decide a playoff series. So looking at the starting 5 of each team, (and by starting 5, I mean the 5 players who play the most minutes, not necessarily the starters) the Heat have an overwhelming edge at SG and SF while the Mavs have an overwhelming edge at C and PG. The Mavs have the edge at the PF position but the Dirk-Bosh matchup will be a very interesting one. For the first time since the Portland series (Pau Gasol decided to go invisible in the Lakers-Mavs series), Dirk is going to have to work on the defensive end. The question is how much? While Dirk seems unstoppable right now, if the Heat can make Dirk work on the other end of the floor, it may take away (slightly) from his offense which will mean Dallas is in trouble. For that to happen, Bosh is going to need to be aggressive. The problem is I doubt an aggressive Bosh shows up in each game this series. But if an aggressive Bosh can show up for 4 games, the Heat will be in good shape.

The Mavs seem to have the edge in the starting 5 (3 to 2) and the better bench. They space the floor wonderfully and they're strong on the defensive end too. Based upon that, it would seem I should be picking the Mavs. However, Lebron is in the zone right now and is still the best player in the game; plus, he's got help from Wade who is still one of the top 2-4 players in the game. That's going to be difficult to overcome. How do you stop 2 guys like that? The Bulls, who had the best defense in the NBA, couldn't do it. What should make me think the Mavs can? (Although, maybe Wade's possible injury can)

In the end, these games are going to come down to the last couple minutes of the game, much like the Thunder-Mavs and Bulls-Heat series. The Heat will face a very tough challenge in stopping Dirk in those moments. He's not Derek Rose- a 6-3' PG who doesn't shoot very efficiently in the clutch and can be defended by a bigger Lebron. He's 7 feet and has been shooting well in the clutch. His mid-range jumper (which is probably the most likely shot taken in clutch situations) is a beauty to watch and almost always seems to go in. During the season, he shot 52% from 16-23 feet (http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=%25&yr=2011&gp=40&mins=20) and was 2nd in the NBA (criteria: 40+ games, 20+ mins) in FG% from long 2s. That's good because he'll probably be taking those types of shots in the last couple minutes of the game when the D tightens up. Still, he's only 1 player. The Heat have 2 great players that can take over a game. And despite everyone's belief that Lebron isn't clutch, he's one of the few players since 03 who's eFG% actually goes up in clutch time situations. This has been true for the regular season (http://www.backpicks.com/2011/01/10/the-nbas-best-players-in-the-clutch-since-2003/) and playoffs (http://www.backpicks.com/2011/02/03/clutch-play-since-2004-playoff-numbers/). And people are finally starting to take notice. I expect all of the games to be close, hard fought and right down to the wire but between Lebron and Wade, I think the Heat will prevail in those clutch situations which is why I'm picking Heat in 7.

ManRamForPez24

I've gone back and forth with this. My heart is split in both directions. On one hand, I love Dirk and Kidd and want both to win a ring. I hate the disrespect the Mavs got early on in the playoffs and I'm proud that I picked them to be here. On the other hand, it's no secret I am a LeBron fan and would love nothing more than to see him win.

My head also tells me it will be Miami. At first, I wrote this up saying how I thought Dallas would win, then I read it over and it didn't seem convincing. I don't even know what to say. I just don't think Dallas can match the fire power of Wade, LeBron and Bosh. Dirk is amazing; he's the best offensive player in the NBA right now. However, who on that team can guard LeBron and Wade? I see a few good defenders, but nothing like what Chicago could throw at them. Dallas' offense is much better than Chicago's, but their defense is not. Chandler is a great post presence, but I don't think he'll be enough.

We saw how great Miami's defense can be, and I expect no change. LeBron v Dirk will be amazing, and a treat for us all to watch. I think LeBron will do much better than OKC could do on him, for sure.

Probably the least analytical write-up I've ever made. I just don't know. It's a great series, and I'm just ready to enjoy it! I can't grasp this. These teams haven't played a team at all similar to who they will now be playing. There is nothing to compare this series to. It's gonna be good!

Miami in 6

Long read! With that in mind, who do you think makes the strongest points? Who do you think is the most off-base? Whose predictions do you agree and disagree with the most? And most importantly, why?

Thanks for reading!

RaidersLakers24
05-27-2011, 11:26 PM
You have to be crazy not to pick Dallas... They have so many weapons who's gonna stop barreas penetration? Pejas and terry's shooting dirks awesomeness dirk has been the best player in these playoffs! Chandlers intensity and defense man o man Kidd passing ability marions hustle !

On the other end you have Marion guarding Lebron who did a great job on Durant so I expect Lebron to work really hard for his!
Kidd did an awesome job on Kobe(even though he fouled him late in game 1 and IMO that would've changed the series) so I expect him to guard wade just as effectively(especially now that wade is struggling) and last but not least Chandler on bosh bosh will have to get his from outside the paint because Chandler will murder him if he trys to take it inside! I don't see anyway Miami wins this series unless and I mean unless the game is 8 vs 5!! Hopefully not though refs better not determine this series!

zo#33
05-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Always enjoy reading the roundtable. Good job guys

12evolution 9
05-28-2011, 12:20 AM
this was cool .... but i think HEAT is gonna win it in 5... great games though..

Raph12
05-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Heat in 6 or 7...

Heater4life
05-28-2011, 12:51 AM
I have to go with patsSoxknicks.

If weve learned anything this postseason it is that the regular season is the equivalent to a Nascar poll race. It is merely there to put yourself in the best position to win, cheered by a bunch of drunk delusinal fans which think there driver is second to none, but it will not determine the actual race. Lets face it, the Heat have beat two favored eastern conference opponents in which they could not seem to get by during the regular season; like Hitchcock, showing their muscle but forgeting their past struggles. The Celtics and Bulls featured premier defenses, their supposed nemisises, were reduced to nothing but mere obstacles. 2 series decided in 5 games as if they were warm ups for a greater oppurtunity. But those werent the Mavericks. Those were not teams that could rally from 15 point deficits in 5 minutes or who featured a premier 7 footer who could drop 40. No, the Mavericks are a different juggernaut on the offensive end, capable of making any defense tremble and nets wish they had persude a career in the fishing industry.

Luckly for Miami, there is two sides to every coin. Where Dallas can obliterate their opponent, so can Miami. And where Miami can exhibit the type of defense that will make you seek refuge in solitary confinement, Dallas has seemed to run defensive sets that would only be found in Moses's playbook. This is where Miami has the advantage, exhibiting a dr.jeckle and mr.hyde mentality, showing you a refined, stable, and composed defense as well as terrifying you with power, agility, and the potential to explode at any moment on offense. I know what there capable of on both sides of the ball. Theyve proved it time and time again. Now its time for Lebron to pull out that list of doubters again, hes almost completed his check list.

Heat in 7

AllBall
05-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Always enjoy reading the roundtable. Good job guys

:nod:

gotoHcarolina52
05-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Dirk is playing incredibly well thus far in the playoffs and Dallas's shooters have the capability of draining 3s at historic rates, but the HEAT are the better team on both sides of the ball.

Iron24th
05-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Dirk is playing incredibly well thus far in the playoffs and Dallas's shooters have the capability of draining 3s at historic rates, but the HEAT are the better team on both sides of the ball.

+1

Miami in 6

TheHighLife
05-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Mavs in 6.

210Don
05-28-2011, 02:22 AM
heat in 6

marlinsfan24
05-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Good read. I have the Heat in 7. I could see the series going either way. Good analysis guys.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-28-2011, 03:33 AM
I got Dallas winning this series because I believe they hold a huge advantage in 3 point shooting, and this will ultimately be the difference between these two great teams.

We know how great Dirk, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are. Star power goes to Miami.

I just think Dallas's depth and their ability to shoot 3s will be the difference.

I know Miami closes out and rotates well on 3 pointers, but the Mavs have so many shooters its ridiculous.

I think Kidd, Terry, Barea, and Peja will be the X factors with their ability to spread the floor, give Dirk plenty of space to do this thing, and knock down big 3 pointers.

Dallas will use some zone, and do whatever it takes to force Miami to take outside shots. Thats how you have to defend Miami.

I think the difference in 3 point shooting will favor Dallas in a huge way, and that will give them the edge in this series.

The one thing that has held true for Dallas throughout their postseason success is that they have absolutely outperformed their opponents in a huge way from behind the 3 point line. I believe they will do the same to Miami in this series.

Dallas in 7.

CeeDub15
05-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Good job guys, fun read.

I think the Mavs win in 7...

justinnum1
05-28-2011, 12:40 PM
You have to be crazy not to pick Dallas... They have so many weapons who's gonna stop barreas penetration? Pejas and terry's shooting dirks awesomeness dirk has been the best player in these playoffs! Chandlers intensity and defense man o man Kidd passing ability marions hustle !

On the other end you have Marion guarding Lebron who did a great job on Durant so I expect Lebron to work really hard for his!
Kidd did an awesome job on Kobe(even though he fouled him late in game 1 and IMO that would've changed the series) so I expect him to guard wade just as effectively(especially now that wade is struggling) and last but not least Chandler on bosh bosh will have to get his from outside the paint because Chandler will murder him if he trys to take it inside! I don't see anyway Miami wins this series unless and I mean unless the game is 8 vs 5!! Hopefully not though refs better not determine this series!

:facepalm:

John Walls Era
05-28-2011, 12:44 PM

Its funny when Laker fans complain about reffing.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Mavs in 5

RaidersLakers24
05-28-2011, 01:54 PM

Great comeback care to point out why anything I said isn't true?

justinnum1
05-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Great comeback care to point out why anything I said isn't true?

It was just one of the dumbest things i have read all day...starting with your first line, "you would be crazy not to pick dallas"

RaidersLakers24
05-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Its funny when Laker fans complain about reffing.

It's funny because if you saw the Dallas series you would know they were getting more calls then the lakers right? People act like the lakers always get calls but that's just hater talk lol... Besides ur all on lebrons jock so you should know what always getting calls is right?? He gets calls all the time you can't even breath on his ***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zurH6_hkXBw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You see if that was your boyfriend Lebron on that play it would've been a flagrant 2 and automatic ejection to whoever fouled him!

RaidersLakers24
05-28-2011, 02:03 PM
It was just one of the dumbest things i have read all day...starting with your first line, "you would be crazy not to pick dallas"

Oh ok :rolleyes:

John Walls Era
05-28-2011, 02:16 PM
It's funny because if you saw the Dallas series you would know they were getting more calls then the lakers right? People act like the lakers always get calls but that's just hater talk lol... Besides ur all on lebrons jock so you should know what always getting calls is right?? He gets calls all the time you can't even breath on his ***

You see if that was your boyfriend Lebron on that play it would've been a flagrant 2 and automatic ejection to whoever fouled him!

:rolleyes: I'm suddenly a Heat fan :yawn::confused:

BullsGame
05-28-2011, 06:33 PM
I think Dallas is going to spank little LeBron's behind and send him crying. Mavs have many weapons and will shoot 3's like they usually do. I don't see Miami winning more than 2 games.

ManRam
05-28-2011, 06:36 PM
I think Dallas is going to spank little LeBron's behind and send him crying. Mavs have many weapons and will shoot 3's like they usually do. I don't see Miami winning more than 2 games.

Who guards/"spanks" LeBron?

h2r09
05-28-2011, 06:43 PM
funny how people continue to make the same reasons why teams are going to beat miami. depth. when was the last time depth won a championship. miami is playing their 3 guys like 44 minutes. theres your depth.

you think guys like brendan haywood, jj barea, and peja stojakovic are going to be what determines a series that includes lebron, wade, bosh and dirk? yup. anyways, any time a team is relying on terry to be their 3nd option, you wont win championships. simple as that. its a shame theyve wasted a lot of dirks career with a sub par surrounding cast, and im not talking about this year, but depth wont win them this series.

ManRam
05-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Depth is vastly overrated in the playoffs IMO. It matters, but it isn't huge. The Heat just need one guy off the bench to be a spark and they're fine. The bench gets fewer minutes (usually two shorter shifts total) and are condensed a lot. It means more in the regular season than the playoffs, for sure.

The Heat bench is down to Chalmers, Haslem and Miller...and that's perfect. They have the big to spell Bosh/Anthony, they have the wing to spell Wade/LeBron (never rest at the same time) and they have the PG to spell Bibby. That's all the depth they need.

The Mavs play 4 guys: Peja, Terry (basically a starter), Haywood and JJ. That really isn't terribly much more impressive. Terry is a huge, but again, he's basically a starter. Stevenson swapped into that 4 man group, and their bench really is no better than Miami's.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2011, 06:59 PM

both players made an attempt at the ball on that foul. Its not a flagrant. LeBron wouldn't have drawn a flagrant either. Hell he may not have even gone down...

ManRam
05-28-2011, 07:04 PM
both players made an attempt at the ball on that foul. Its not a flagrant. LeBron wouldn't have drawn a flagrant either. Hell he may not have even gone down...

I agree.

RaidersLakers, show me one flagrant LeBron has ever drawn that was similar to that. I doubt you can. Those defenders made a play for the ball...that's not a flagrant. LeBron doesn't magically draw flagrants like you say he does...and the only way I'll think differently is if you can provide footage of him drawing flagrants that aren't flagrants.

theheatles
05-28-2011, 10:58 PM
it's so idiotic arguing whos got the better bench in playoffs when miamis starting 5 is far in a way superior to any1 elses starting 5 and when bosh wade and lebron will all avg over 40 min a game, they are going to be able to blow games wide open...i'm saying miami in 6 only because of the 2 3 2 format...i would say miami in 5 if it was the standard format thus far...miami is going to handle the mavs in a similar way as they did to the celtics, but miami is going to have an easier time scoring......i think this series will have a few blowouts

BcEuAbRsS
05-28-2011, 11:15 PM
it's so idiotic arguing whos got the better bench in playoffs when miamis starting 5 is far in a way superior to any1 elses starting 5 and when bosh wade and lebron will all avg over 40 min a game, they are going to be able to blow games wide open...i'm saying miami in 6 only because of the 2 3 2 format...i would say miami in 5 if it was the standard format thus far...miami is going to handle the mavs in a similar way as they did to the celtics, but miami is going to have an easier time scoring......i think this series will have a few blowouts

It changes for the Finals?

Big Zo
05-28-2011, 11:19 PM

You mean like the cows were gonna spank their *** because they had derrick rose and durp dee durp?

ManRam
05-28-2011, 11:25 PM
It changes for the Finals?

Yes sir.

One of the weirdest and dumbest things in sports.

wjmoffatt
05-28-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm tired of the misconception that the superstars win! That's not true. Pistons beat Lakers (with shaq and Kobe, and with Magic and Kareem). Spurs won many titles. Teams win championships. And unless Haslem can play great this series, then i don't see how the Heats stars can stop the Mavs unity. Mavs are a team of destiny. Heat allow teams to stick around to much down the stretch and Dirk has been the most clutch player out there. You think the Heats bigs are shallow now, wait until they guard Dirk when Bosh and Anthony get in foul trouble. Can you really rely on Dampier or Howard to stay on the court for heavy minutes?

ManRam
05-28-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm tired of the misconception that the superstars win! That's not true. Pistons beat Lakers (with shaq and Kobe, and with Magic and Kareem). Spurs won many titles. Teams win championships. And unless Haslem can play great this series, then i don't see how the Heats stars can stop the Mavs unity. Mavs are a team of destiny. Heat allow teams to stick around to much down the stretch and Dirk has been the most clutch player out there. You think the Heats bigs are shallow now, wait until they guard Dirk when Bosh and Anthony get in foul trouble. Can you really rely on Dampier or Howard to stay on the court for heavy minutes?

I think Miami does have the TEAM aspect. They certainly have it on defense, moreso than Dallas. That's half the game right there.

Haslem and Miller have really stepped up lately. If they get anything from both those guys, I think they'll win this series, period. Chalmers and Bibby are x-factors, but they can survive with little scoring from those two. Anthony isn't asked to score, but his defense and rebounding are huge.

They have the components to a great team, especially with a three-man bench being used.

A few other things...

1. How does Miami allow teams to hang around more than Dallas does? Didn't Dallas "let" OKC hang around all series long? Even in the LA series, besides game 4, they "let" LA hang around.

2. You don't like the "misconception" that superstars win (despite only mentioning two examples throughout history), yet you whip out "team of destiny"? Come on....

3. Your missing the biggest thing...LEBRON is gonna probably guard Dirk the bulk of the time. Not Bosh, not Anthony, not Dampier or Howard. LeBron will get him the bulk of the game I'd imagine.

MrfadeawayJB
05-29-2011, 12:03 AM
I got heat in 6 but would like to see Dallas win it all

allSUAVE
05-29-2011, 12:06 AM
huhhh miami heats (rick ross voice)

TheRunKiller
05-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Mavs in 6 or 7

I don't want to see Miami win a championship

Big Zo
05-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Mavs in 6 or 7

I don't want to see Miami win a championship

... but you will. ;)

TylerSL
05-29-2011, 02:31 AM
I dont think I can choose which one was the best. They were all good.

This is going to be long, so bare with me.

That said, I think this series is going to be about HEART. Dallas has many veterans who have been so close but came up short. Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Peja, Marion, and Chandler come to mind. Dallas wants it soooooooooooooooo badly and wouldnt it be sweeter to beat the same team that ripped the title out of your hands 5 years ago? Dallas, and especially Dirk will come locked and loaded in this series. Dallas is also very deep, even without Caron Butler. Kidd, Dirk, Marion, Terry, Chandler, JJ, Peja, Haywood, and Stevenson make Dallas very deep and very deadly. Dallas is lights out from 3 and Dirk has such great court vision it makes it nearly impossible to double team Dirk successfully. Dallas also has a great defensive pressence in the post with Haywood and Chandler being in the game at all times. Dallas has never been better, and more equipped to win a championship. For Dirk and Terry, this will be personal. They will also have 2006 on their minds and if they fail again, not only will they never forget it, but Miami will be their worst nightmares.

That said, Miami is just as hungry as Dallas is in their own way. They struggled out of the gates and much to the delight of roughly every fan not in Miami. Lebron James has been labeled the villian of the league, when he was once a beloved "golden boy" by most NBA fans. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh went from being league "icons" to "villians". With the internet, and Blackberry phones, and Twitter, ect. the Heat have suffered through more hate than any NBA team has ever had to go through. They have had to work through adversity when Wade missed the entire preseason, Miller breaks his thumb on his shooting hand days before the season, and Haslem enduring a normally season ending foot injury 15 games into the season. Miami next faced a horrid 9-8 start, and was a nightmare for Miami, and a treat for everybody else. Miami had to face reports of Lebron/Spo having probelms and Spo potentially losing his job. Miami would next fight adversity when Lebron bumped Spo. After that Miami got their **** together, went on a 22-2 run (both losses to Dallas). Miami would later find themselves in a 5 game losing steak, holding big leads in the 4th in 4 of those games and blowing them in the end. Their 5th loss being to Chicago, meaning the Bulls swept the Heat in the regular season. After the game, Lebron said he apologized to his teamates, and Spo admitted players to be crying in the locker room. Miami finished the season on a roll with a record of 58-24. That would be 2nd best in the East, but everybody felt they not only wouldnt win, but couldnt with their 1-6 combined record against Boston and Chicago. Miami faced Boston in round 2, when everybody said Boston would win. Miami would go to the next level and beat Boston to the punch. Miami would go on to play Chicago where again, everybody said they couldnt do it. They said, Miami wont be out hustling Chicago, or Miami will get killed so bad on the boards they cant win. Miami would be so gassed trying to defend Chicago. Miami would yet again prove everyone wrong by doing exactly what eveybody said they couldnt. Now, here they are. In the NBA Finals! They are where they expected to be since July 8th. They are now 4 wins away from doing the hardest things of their lives. 4 wins away from silencing the doubters. This isnt as personal for Miami as it is for Dallas, but Miami has the desire and the want. They proved it by forming together last summer. And wouldnt it be sweeter to prove everybody wrong. I expect even harder work on the defensive end from Miami, and more desire on the offensive end than we have seen. I expect this series to be neck and neck every game. I think Dallas will hit Miami harder than any team has ever hit them, but in the end I think Wade/Lebron/Bosh will be too much for Dallas to handle. This is why I am picking Miami in 7, with Game 7 going to OT.

sventhedog
05-29-2011, 03:25 AM
it's going to really be drives vs shooters. unfortunately dirk has been unstoppable. i pick the mavs in 6. they'll lose the 1st 2 games and win the next 4. lol.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-29-2011, 05:09 AM
mavs will play zone and miami will not be able to knock down open shots consistently. kidd did a good job defensively on kobe, will do the same on wade. no way bron or bosh is going to cover dirk on his fade away. i don't see how miami is going to be able to cover the 3 via excellent ball movement, stellar shooting, penetrating ability of barea and of course the ******** shots dirk has been knocking down all throughout the playoffs. dirk in 6.

naps
05-29-2011, 06:29 AM
I honestly got Heat in 5.

theheatles
05-29-2011, 12:14 PM

...and in every situation where the superstar laden team didn't win, they were beat by a better defensive team...and the heat have the superstars and better defense...mavs r fuct:cool:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-29-2011, 12:22 PM
I like the Mavs in 6. I think this is the worst possible match up the Heat could have gotten from the West. I do think the Mavs are the more hungrier team. I like the Mavs first three coming off the bench more then the Heat's first three coming off the bench which I think will be the X factor.

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2011, 12:36 PM
I like the Mavs in 6. I think this is the worst possible match up the Heat could have gotten from the West. I do think the Mavs are the more hungrier team. I like the Mavs first three coming off the bench more then the Heat's first three coming off the bench which I think will be the X factor.

I've also heard it said that Philly was the worst possible 1st round matchup for the HEAT because of their youth, athleticism and coaching; Boston was the worst possible 2nd round matchup because of their defense, experience, coaching and point guard; and Chicago was the worst possible ECF matchup because of their defense, athleticism, rebounding, coaching, depth, home court advantage, and point guard.

Somehow the HEAT managed to resolve all those problems, and did so--each time--in 5 games.

AnalyzeNShoot
05-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Heat will lose of BOSH, HASLEEM, and MILLER dont show up that simple. they beat the bulls because of those three. Not taking a knock at Wade or LBJ. they will give u what they will every night but others team need to show up.

Dallas can shut them down, they got plays who can. so i got them in 7. Hope its good long series though. First game is the most important imo

RaidersLakers24
05-29-2011, 01:12 PM
:rolleyes: I'm suddenly a Heat fan :yawn::confused:

I never said you were a heat fan I said you were a Lebron jock rider!

The Final Boss
05-29-2011, 01:23 PM
A Round Table, really? Look at the ego on you guys. Thanks for providing us 'little-people' w/ irrelevant views that couldn't fit in the Finals' Thread. Mama never said PSD was classy, but... C'mon man. What's next, corporate logo spaces for rent? Oh, wait, I see the Pepsi logo up there. America really is a communist state.

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2011, 01:30 PM
A Round Table, really? Look at the ego on you guys. Thanks for providing us 'little-people' w/ irrelevant views that couldn't fit in the Finals' Thread. Mama never said PSD was classy, but... C'mon man. What's next, corporate logo spaces for rent? Oh, wait, I see the Pepsi logo up there. America really is a communist state.

I've got a lifetime supply of aluminum foil (http://theboxpress.com/wp-content/uploads/tin-foil-hat-625p.jpg) for you. Premium quality; below market price. Let me know when and where you'd like this deal to go down.

RaidersLakers24
05-29-2011, 01:32 PM

Wow can't believe you actually said that it just amazes me how far you go.. He got hit in the head,down low, and across his arms! Your talking out of your *** hawkeye

Voodoo Alchemy
05-29-2011, 02:27 PM
dirk is unstoppable nuff said

justinnum1
05-29-2011, 02:38 PM
dirk is unstoppable nuff said

He's having nightmares of Udonis

theheatles
05-29-2011, 02:46 PM
if the heat win in 6 games they are going to be criticized for not finishing the mavs off sooner

Hawkeye15
05-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Wow can't believe you actually said that it just amazes me how far you go.. He got hit in the head,down low, and across his arms! Your talking out of your *** hawkeye

they both made an attempt for the ball. The ref can call a flagrant if he wishes. Its an automatic call if the defender isn't going for the ball, ie, Bynums fould on JJ. But both those players were going for the ball while delivering that hit.

Pretty simple man.

h2r09
05-29-2011, 03:21 PM
seriously people, tell me the last time a team won a championship because of their bench depth. The nba is a star driven league. depth is a regular season thing that matters, but is virtually useless in the playoffs if you have the team the heat does. not to mention a bench of haywood, barea, stevenson (essentially is and terry is a starter) and peja is not much better then haslem, miller, and chalmers.

FLAT OUT, no team will beat the heat 4 times in 7 games this year, certainly not because your guys off the bench like haywood and jj barea. this is the nba, a star driven league, get real.

saying you are real deep is essentially saying you have no idea who will be your secondary scorer on a nightly basis, which is not a good thing in the playoffs.

Baller1
05-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I have the Heat in 5. Everyone keeps saying Dirk is a man on a mission, but I'm sure Lebron is just as hungry.

Hoopsadvocate
05-29-2011, 04:03 PM
The last roundtable i read was kind of a joke showing little respect to the heat and most towards LA and the bulls who are both out right now btw :D.

This one seems a little more split down the middle which im fine with as i could see this going either way.

With that said patsoxknicks and manrams were the best written imo.

i dont think it goes more than 6.

jason6692
05-29-2011, 04:25 PM
mavs in 6
heat are gay
and the gayest of em all chris bosh will be a non factor
so ya'll heat will be playing 2 against 12 cus the mavs have the deepest team in the league
and dirk wants it more than anyone, ya'll thought he was great before
imagine what you'll be saying in a few weeks :D lol

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2011, 04:31 PM
mavs in 6
heat are gay
so ya'll heat will be playing 2 against 12 cus the mavs have the deepest team in the league

You're an amateur. A professional hater would've pointed out how the HEAT always have the refs and David Stern on their side, and so it would be 6 against 12 at the very least.

jason6692
05-29-2011, 04:40 PM
im not being a hater jsut being honest
there's not much to point out
just besides the fact that the mavericks are a deeper and ultimately will be the superior team
and i say bosh is gay cus he is dirk is really going to man handle him and tyson will stop him on the defensive side. theres no carlos boozer's on this team
i admit lebron is great but our ability to go on scoring runs and so much offense will be deadly

theheatles
05-29-2011, 04:41 PM
my bold prediction in this series is james jones shoots the best 3pt% in this series en route to heat winning in a convincing fashion

Big Zo
05-29-2011, 04:48 PM
mavs in 6
heat are gay

Closet ***...

RaidersLakers24
05-29-2011, 04:48 PM
I thought mavericks fans were cocky but damn bandwagon heat fans are even worse!

jason6692
05-29-2011, 04:49 PM

lol well said
this why why we have espn.com
not some mac book using basketball analyst smh

Hoopsadvocate
05-29-2011, 04:55 PM
I thought mavericks fans were cocky but damn bandwagon heat fans are even worse!

Hilarious coming from the guy who was saying the lakers would be unstoppble and does nothing but bash the heat in almost every thread typical bandwagon hater.

Hoopsadvocate
05-29-2011, 05:01 PM
mavs in 6
heat are gay

lol this guy is mad cus chris bosh is literally a homosexual smh

Someone seems a little obsessed LOL.

theheatles
05-29-2011, 05:03 PM
are ppl just fuking morons or do they not watch mavs AND heat games?...heat are going to have a 9 man deep rotation vs the mavs with bibby, wade, lebron, bosh, joel, chalmers, james jones, haslem and mike miller, with howard, magloire and zydrunas possibly seeing very limited minutes in select games....this is so much deeper and better than what dallas is going to put out...caron butler is out and he was a key cog in the mavs beating the heat this yr and by him being out hurts the mavs depth tremendously because now they are without a legit #2 option and their 2nd best player on the team

mavs are going to have primarily a 9 man rotation like miami with kidd, stevenson, marion, dirk, chandler, terry, peja, barea and haywood...with possibility of corey brewer getting some playing time

so this mavs have a much deeper team argument is so wrong, off base and ignorant

if the heat start haslem and have bosh come off the bench while terry starts and stevenson comes off the bench then the heat have a better starting 5 and better bench

so the heat have the best player in the world, the better defense, deeper rotation of effective players, better #2 and #3 options, an entire team that plays defense from 1-9, home court advantage...dallas has no edge over miami...none....keep trying to justify your ignorance mavs fans and heat haters

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Someone seems a little obsessed LOL.

All of that repressed estrogen is starting to pour out. The flood gates have been released. The closet door has opened. It's time, Jason. It's time.

Free yourself, Jason. End all that self-loathing. Allow me to set your "party" to music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9KXkDMEPag).

jason6692
05-29-2011, 05:15 PM
lol ya'll are so corny
and please don't ever reference mario chalmers or joel anthony when your talking about depth -_-

RaidersLakers24
05-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Hilarious coming from the guy who was saying the lakers would be unstoppble and does nothing but bash the heat in almost every thread typical bandwagon hater.

I never said they would be unstoppable I said they would turn it up In the playoffs but they didn't and it's one thing to bash Lebron and the fake heat fans but it's another to bash the actual team which I don't it's usually Lebron jock riders who I bash cuz 90% of them don't know squat! This series is going atleast 6 games it can go either way but I think Dallas has this locked... They are just more experienced and are mentally ready wade won't get it done if he keeps playing like he did last series against Miami so he better step up big time because Kidd> defender then anyone who guarded wade In the bulls series!
Marion will make Lebron earn his just like he made Durant earn his...

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 05:32 PM
are ppl just fuking morons or do they not watch mavs AND heat games?...heat are going to have a 9 man deep rotation vs the mavs with bibby, wade, lebron, bosh, joel, chalmers, james jones, haslem and mike miller, with howard, magloire and zydrunas possibly seeing very limited minutes in select games....this is so much deeper and better than what dallas is going to put out...caron butler is out and he was a key cog in the mavs beating the heat this yr and by him being out hurts the mavs depth tremendously because now they are without a legit #2 option and their 2nd best player on the team

mavs are going to have primarily a 9 man rotation like miami with kidd, stevenson, marion, dirk, chandler, terry, peja, barea and haywood...with possibility of corey brewer getting some playing time

so this mavs have a much deeper team argument is so wrong, off base and ignorant

if the heat start haslem and have bosh come off the bench while terry starts and stevenson comes off the bench then the heat have a better starting 5 and better bench

so the heat have the best player in the world, the better defense, deeper rotation of effective players, better #2 and #3 options, an entire team that plays defense from 1-9, home court advantage...dallas has no edge over miami...none....keep trying to justify your ignorance mavs fans and heat haters

SInce when do Bibby, Bosh, Chalmers, Jones and Miller play defense? Deeper rotation of effective players? You guys have no Jason Terry or Peja off the bench. Miller is garbage as is Jones and Chalmers. Haslem is good. That's it. We have no edge? Dirk isn't an edge over Bosh? That's like saying Michael Jordan doesn't have an edge over Jason Richardson. Dirk absolutely blows Bosh out of the water. Jesus Christ Heat fans are so ignorant.

theheatles
05-29-2011, 06:32 PM
SInce when do Bibby, Bosh, Chalmers, Jones and Miller play defense? Deeper rotation of effective players? You guys have no Jason Terry or Peja off the bench. Miller is garbage as is Jones and Chalmers. Haslem is good. That's it. We have no edge? Dirk isn't an edge over Bosh? That's like saying Michael Jordan doesn't have an edge over Jason Richardson. Dirk absolutely blows Bosh out of the water. Jesus Christ Heat fans are so ignorant.

lol chalmers is a defensive specialist while bosh, miller and jones are great system defenders, and bibby d is enough to prevent kidd from scoring on him...jason terry is 33 yrs old, if wade contained ray allen he's going to make jason terry his ***** and terry will be lucky to avg 10 pts a game...peja can't do a damn thing other than shoot 3's and he's not even all that great at that...barea is a complete liability on defense and haywood has no offensive game other then put backs(also he's the worst free throw shooter in the entire NBA;liability)...and lebrons edge over marion and wades advantage over deshawn/terry is 10x whatever edge dirk has over bosh....dallas hasn't played against decent defense this post season let alone the most suffocating defense in the league...so your ignorance shines even brighter by calling heat fans ignorant

ManRam
05-29-2011, 06:50 PM

Chalmers is an above average defender and Miller has always been solid too.

Miller seems to be getting his touch back. Injuries have been a problem...but he is not garbage. He's a great shooter, a great rebounder, a solid passer and has a great IQ. Jones is streaky, but if he's on, he's on.

Dallas does have an advantage, mainly because of Terry. But if you considered Stevenson as the bench player (he gets the bench minutes), it becomes a lot easier.

Either way, the benches won't be deciding this series, barring a huge game from one of them (terry withstanding).

The Final Boss
05-29-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm coming Elizabeth. This is 'The Big One'. Did I just read someone call Luigi Chalmers a defensive specialist?!

ryang
05-29-2011, 10:02 PM
I never said they would be unstoppable I said they would turn it up In the playoffs but they didn't and it's one thing to bash Lebron and the fake heat fans but it's another to bash the actual team which I don't it's usually Lebron jock riders who I bash cuz 90% of them don't know squat! This series is going atleast 6 games it can go either way but I think Dallas has this lockedMarion will make Lebron earn his just like he made Durant earn his...

... They are just more experienced and are mentally ready wade won't get it done if he keeps playing like he did last series against Miami so he better step up big time because Kidd> defender then anyone who guarded wade In the bulls series!

Kidd did good against an old Kobe... Kidd is good on d but against Wade come on bro.. dont call people dumb when you are tryin to say Kidd is a better defender then anybody on the bulls roster

ManRam
05-29-2011, 10:10 PM
... They are just more experienced and are mentally ready wade won't get it done if he keeps playing like he did last series against Miami so he better step up big time because Kidd> defender then anyone who guarded wade In the bulls series!

Kidd did good against an old Kobe... Kidd is good on d but against Wade come on bro.. dont call people dumb when you are tryin to say Kidd is a better defender then anybody on the bulls roster

I don't know about that. Kidd is a great defender, one of the best ever, but he isn't what he used to be. Brewer and Bogans are great defenders. All-defensive team voting is becoming a joke, but they both got more votes than Kidd.

At the worst, the difference between Bogans/Brewer to Kidd is negligible.

ryang
05-29-2011, 10:15 PM
I pasted wrong.. I was trying to quote someone else.. in no way shape or form do i think kidd will do a great job on wade.. read my 2nd part thats what i said the 1st one was what im responding 2...
on a side note that seal in your sig slows my computer down alot as i pass it

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 12:02 AM
lol chalmers is a defensive specialist while bosh, miller and jones are great system defenders, and bibby d is enough to prevent kidd from scoring on him...jason terry is 33 yrs old, if wade contained ray allen he's going to make jason terry his ***** and terry will be lucky to avg 10 pts a game...peja can't do a damn thing other than shoot 3's and he's not even all that great at that...barea is a complete liability on defense and haywood has no offensive game other then put backs(also he's the worst free throw shooter in the entire NBA;liability)...and lebrons edge over marion and wades advantage over deshawn/terry is 10x whatever edge dirk has over bosh....dallas hasn't played against decent defense this post season let alone the most suffocating defense in the league...so your ignorance shines even brighter by calling heat fans ignorant

This just shows how ignorant you are. Terry will be LUCKY to average 10 points a game? Kidd won't score on Bibby? Just like he scored on Westbrook and Miller? If Jones, Bosh and Miller are great system defenders then so are Terry, Peja and Barea...

But this statement is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. "peja can't do a damn thing but shoot 3's and he's not even that great at that" The dude is FOURTH all time. ALL TIME. Peja is a better 3 point shooter by far than Miller, Jones, etc... and you say he is not good at it. Heat fans like you think there are only 15 relative players in the NBA...

kjoke
05-30-2011, 12:10 AM
I think Dallas will have a tough time winning, they will win only if they get both game in miami. Even if we lose at home, i cant see dallas winning 3 times in a row at home, we have been able to steal a game on the road and i think we can do it again.

TheRunKiller
05-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Some one from the Heats bench is going to step up like they did in the Bulls series for Heat do win this ...either Haslem Miller Jones whoever because the big 3 won't beat dallas by themselves. If one of those players can step up I think Miami will win but if they don't Dallas will win this series. Big 3 are going to need some help.

theheatles
05-30-2011, 04:35 AM
heat in a sweep **** what u heard

knicks_champ
05-30-2011, 04:45 AM
I think Heats in 5.

Mavs steal game 2 but the Heats take the game 1, 3, 4, 5.

theheatles
05-30-2011, 04:53 AM
This just shows how ignorant you are. Terry will be LUCKY to average 10 points a game? Kidd won't score on Bibby? Just like he scored on Westbrook and Miller? If Jones, Bosh and Miller are great system defenders then so are Terry, Peja and Barea...

But this statement is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. "peja can't do a damn thing but shoot 3's and he's not even that great at that" The dude is FOURTH all time. ALL TIME. Peja is a better 3 point shooter by far than Miller, Jones, etc... and you say he is not good at it. Heat fans like you think there are only 15 relative players in the NBA...

your ignorance is glaring brightly because you seem to think your players are all in their prime...kidd and peja are a shell of their former selves...they aren't even going to get any open looks...terry is old and he never was a supreme athlete to begin with, wade is going to destroy his life...the mavs have played against **** defenders all post season long and they are going to get punched in the mouth for the 1st time all postseason (figuratively, not literally because jj did get punched by ron ron)...but yeah, all your bench players will be ineffective and all will be exposed for their lack of versatility just like the bulls bench

if you think your team will win, lets do a sig bet...whoever loses has to put whatever sig the winner wants for x amount of time

MR.TRIPDUB
05-30-2011, 05:51 AM
I don't know about that. Kidd is a great defender, one of the best ever, but he isn't what he used to be. Brewer and Bogans are great defenders. All-defensive team voting is becoming a joke, but they both got more votes than Kidd.

At the worst, the difference between Bogans/Brewer to Kidd is negligible.

Jkidd's advantage over those guys is the respect refs give him. He is given a little leeway whih he has earned by being one the bezt defender back then and still. He is a very smart defender he wont shut you down but he picks spots. He had already defended both kobe and kd which everyone should think is a huge mismatch but he held his own. Dont count him out.

Respect for and from the refs will be a factor whatever anyone says.

Knicks21
05-30-2011, 05:52 AM

It is his opinion, it is not worthy of a face palm.
Heat in 7.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-30-2011, 07:09 AM

Don't even waste your time arguing with him...he is obviously a huge homer if he is saying that Terry will be lucky to average 10 ppg, or even worse, that Peja isn't a great 3 point shooter.

The kid doesn't know anything about basketball if he is making comments like that.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-30-2011, 07:17 AM
your ignorance is glaring brightly because you seem to think your players are all in their prime...kidd and peja are a shell of their former selves...they aren't even going to get any open looks...terry is old and he never was a supreme athlete to begin with, wade is going to destroy his life...the mavs have played against **** defenders all post season long and they are going to get punched in the mouth for the 1st time all postseason (figuratively, not literally because jj did get punched by ron ron)...but yeah, all your bench players will be ineffective and all will be exposed for their lack of versatility just like the bulls bench

if you think your team will win, lets do a sig bet...whoever loses has to put whatever sig the winner wants for x amount of time

The bolded part confirms that you don't know anything about basketball.

The fact that they are past their primes is one of the main reasons why they will get open looks.

Dirk Nowitzki will draw attention away from them because he will get double teamed, thus leaving guys like Kidd and Peja wide open.

If you think the Heat aren't going to use double teams to guard Dirk, you are out of your mind. The Heat aren't that stupid. Dirk will destroy anyone who defends him one on one, and the Heat would obviously rather take their chances making someone else beat them.

Dirk will get doubled, and like he has been doing all season long, he will find the open man, they will make the extra pass, and someone will get an open look.

Guys like Kidd, Peja, and Terry don't miss a lot of open looks. If you don't believe me, go check out the list for all time 3 pointers made. All three of those guys are in the top 10 all time.

They may be past their prime, but they can still knock down the open shots that Dirk's presence will provide them.

Duh:facepalm:

theheatles
05-30-2011, 12:54 PM
The bolded part confirms that you don't know anything about basketball.

The fact that they are past their primes is one of the main reasons why they will get open looks.

Dirk Nowitzki will draw attention away from them because he will get double teamed, thus leaving guys like Kidd and Peja wide open.

If you think the Heat aren't going to use double teams to guard Dirk, you are out of your mind. The Heat aren't that stupid. Dirk will destroy anyone who defends him one on one, and the Heat would obviously rather take their chances making someone else beat them.

Dirk will get doubled, and like he has been doing all season long, he will find the open man, they will make the extra pass, and someone will get an open look.

Guys like Kidd, Peja, and Terry don't miss a lot of open looks. If you don't believe me, go check out the list for all time 3 pointers made. All three of those guys are in the top 10 all time.

They may be past their prime, but they can still knock down the open shots that Dirk's presence will provide them.

Duh:facepalm:

It's the finals and the heats d is going to be all over them...mavs are going to get very very limited open looks and nowitzki isn't as big a threat as either wade or lebron and if you think he is, then your beyond delusional...dirk will get doubled teamed at times in help d situations and it will be smothering and turnovers will be forced

you don't live or die by the 3...you just die!

get a clue:facepalm:

theheatles
05-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Don't even waste your time arguing with him...he is obviously a huge homer if he is saying that Terry will be lucky to average 10 ppg, or even worse, that Peja isn't a great 3 point shooter.

The kid doesn't know anything about basketball if he is making comments like that.

your acting like terry averaging 10 pts in a series is going to be such a stretch...he averaged 15 pts a game this season and he didn't have to play against a defense of miami's caliber all year long and wade is going to be all over him and terry won't be able to do ****, not to mention terry being a liability on d...and peja IS a shell of his former self and he's good for nothing but 3's and jason kidd won't be a dangerous shooter in the least bit because he can't make **** unless he is WIDE open...and there is something called the law of averages...if you think jason terry is going to shoot 66% from 3 like he did vs the lakers and all your players shooting over 50% from 3 then your beyond ignorant...be ready for the mavs to shoot the worst they have all post season long and by a wide margin
you guys r in for a serious rude awakening:p

beasted86
05-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Regardless of whoever wins or loses, there will be a lot of mad posters from PSD.

There will be a lot of clowns with excuses, and a lot of brash annoying arrogant posters who suddenly drop off the face of the planet.

SteBO
05-30-2011, 01:19 PM

It's his opinion about how the series will go. Why does it matter so much to you?

Big Game Son
05-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Possible Mav's sweep. Offense is going to simply just outscore Miami every game. LeBron on Barea is utterly stupid. LeBron isn't fast enough and that's a waste of his energy. I say Mavs in 5 and in dominant fashion. Average differential of 11.1 points.

Also Terry and Barea will be the reasons for this. Finally Miami faces a team with an actual point guard that isn't badly injured or lonesome in creating his own offense.

Also I just think Dirk wants this way too badly. Dallas has nothing to lose in comparison with Miami.... and that's scary. Also coaching will be a factor here...Carlisle vs Spoelstra?...do I need to answer that?

I almost forgot to another VERY important point to note is....Dirk doesn't need to score to beat teams...the Heat REQUIRE production from Wade/LeBron...Dallas doesn't rely on stars that heavily. The team beats the duo any night of the week. Truss me sweep is possible and Dallas alrdy did that to the Lakers...with Kobe....Miami is screwed.

theheatles
05-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Possible Mav's sweep. Offense is going to simply just outscore Miami every game. LeBron on Barea is utterly stupid. LeBron isn't fast enough and that's a waste of his energy. I say Mavs in 5 and in dominant fashion. Average differential of 11.1 points.

Also Terry and Barea will be the reasons for this. Finally Miami faces a team with an actual point guard that isn't badly injured or lonesome in creating his own offense.

Also I just think Dirk wants this way too badly. Dallas has nothing to lose in comparison with Miami.... and that's scary. Also coaching will be a factor here...Carlisle vs Spoelstra?...do I need to answer that?

I almost forgot to another VERY important point to note is....Dirk doesn't need to score to beat teams...the Heat REQUIRE production from Wade/LeBron...Dallas doesn't rely on stars that heavily. The team beats the duo any night of the week. Truss me sweep is possible and Dallas alrdy did that to the Lakers...with Kobe....Miami is screwed.

it must be the water in texas that make all ppl there delusional...i guess carlisle's idiotic comment wasn't an isolated incident calling dirk a top 10 player of all time

spoelstra is a pat riley disciple and pat riley is essentially an assistant coach for the heat, so coaching advantage is to miami in big way

terry, barea and peja are going to get destroyed...barea is going to get chalmers on him and miami has the best group of shot blockers in the nba waiting for jj in the paint, terry is going to get shut down by wade at both ends and peja is going to get annihilated by lebron and locked up by haslem and whoever guards him

your so oblivious thinking miami is a 2 man team...miami is a deeper team then dallas, miami just doesn't rely on their bench to score like dallas does so you think dallas is deeper because they need their bench to score and scorers get more attention, but miami has a defensive minded bench and they are going to lock the mavs down

also miami handled the lakers as well and they did that while they were hot and not in complete turmoil like when dallas beat LA

jason6692
05-30-2011, 03:18 PM
we are the reason they were in turmoil
we're jus that good
the lakers couldn't even function lol :)
i jus want this to start alrdy
these psd nba analyst are getting so ANNOYING

Hawkeye15
05-30-2011, 03:27 PM
it must be the water in texas that make all ppl there delusional...

careful. I live in Texas...

SportsFanatic10
05-30-2011, 04:55 PM

wow you're in for a rude awakening.

as for the bolded part i didn't realize barea was faster than rose. but i doubt lebron will cover him much because hes needed elsewhere.

SportsFanatic10
05-30-2011, 05:01 PM
speaking for myself dallas has scary shooters and its the only reason i'm saying heat in 6 instead of 5.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 05:11 PM
lolololol, ^^^ignorance101

i guess this is where you have to go when you can't make a point to support your argument...and saying get off lebrons nuts when he hasn't won anything but it's ok to praise dirk because he hasn't choked yet this postseason, right?:rolleyes:

but on the other hand we do have players who won a ring over ur boy dirk and you didn't have an answer for wade then and you won't have an answer for him now...and oh yeah, he's not even our best player anymore...your angry because you know dallas can't beat miami in a 7 game series...dirk is a top 5 player offensively but he's avg at best on defense...lebron and wade are top 5 offensive talents and top 5 on ball defenders

dirk has been the best offensive player in the post season so far but lebron has been the best this post season because of his offensive and defensive play and with his clutch play at the end of games

LeBron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dirk

LOL at you thinking LeBron is that much better than Dirk. You Heat fans give no respect to Dirk. Tell me honestly, who would you rather have, Erick Damper or Dirk?

ryang
05-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Dirk ^... But we'd rather have lebron he is 26... he is a 2 time mvp, he jumps really high, he plays good d or better then dirk... ecttt... I'll take dirks jump shot tho its ridiculous

SteBO
05-30-2011, 05:15 PM
LOL at you thinking LeBron is that much better than Dirk. You Heat fans give no respect to Dirk. Tell me honestly, who would you rather have, Erick Damper or Dirk?
Dampier got into this conversation......how exactly?

DoJoTheSlasher
Original post by ryang

This is your post... Here is mine

How many does Dirk have?? Lebron IMO is right there with Dirk this postseason... No one said your bench sucks all's we said was we have guys too but they are mostly our starters (Wade Lebron easily play 40 minutes a game at the least) therefor we see wade on terry when he comes in, or lebron running to close shots out or haslem not being a slouch on D which means he is on a Dirk or Haywood...

No disrespect but your whole comment must have been brewing from a convo u had with one or 2 heat fans who are so confident they can't hear you... As for the majority of us we like the matchups but in no way shape or form say you dont have a chance... Go grab a beer or somethn tomm is tuesday

Just saying, Dirk has had an historic postseason. What all have we heard from most Heat fans and critics? How he wont be good in this series because of Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, LeBron... 3 of which aren't near Dirk talent wise... LeBron has a very good ECF and what do we hear? Oh Pippen says he is better than MICHAEL JORDAN which many all of a sudden agree. All of a sudden he is the best offensive and defensive player in the game. LeBron IS the best player in the world, he IS a stud defensively but damn the guy hasn't won A SINGLE game in the Finals. If LeBron gets this credit then Dirk should get equal if not more.

Hawkeye15
chill out guys. Cmon

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Dampier got into this conversation......how exactly?

Becuase I'm pretty sure some Heat fans think Dampier is better than Dirk because some of you Heat fans have made it aware that they clearly think Dirk isn't a relevant NBA player...

Hawkeye15
05-30-2011, 05:16 PM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621460&page=9

Dirk is getting the respect he deserves man.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 05:18 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621460&page=9

Dirk is getting the respect he deserves man.

When in this thread besides the occasional "Dirk is a good shooter" comment have you seen respect for Dirk from anyone but Mavs fans? Joel freakin Anthony has gotten more respect.

ryang
05-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Dirk is awesome we never said other wise.. if u take us saying hopefully we hold him under 30 a game then i guess thats disrespectful?? We say we have Wade and Lebron not dirk sucks cause we have wade and lebron... Dirk is on a tear but with our D we are not expecting 45 point games from him...

SteBO
05-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Becuase I'm pretty sure some Heat fans think Dampier is better than Dirk because some of you Heat fans have made it aware that they clearly think Dirk isn't a relevant NBA player...
I would like you to quote the people who said Dampier>Dirk, because I gotta tell ya, I doubt that was ever said in this thread. Dampier isn't even on the active roster. If anything, you're angry at the fact that Heat fans are just confident about their teams' chances, like you are regarding the Mavs. Don't generalize the entire fanbase for saying things similar what you've said already aka pot calling the kettle black dude. That's what I see happening here.

ryang
05-30-2011, 05:21 PM
read and you will see how much we think of dirk... Ok dirk is unstopable can we talk about the series again??

SportsFanatic10
05-30-2011, 05:22 PM

i'd have to take dampier lol....get real man noone is saying that. damp won't even see the floor you're just getting all worked up over nothing.

Hawkeye15
05-30-2011, 05:22 PM
When in this thread besides the occasional "Dirk is a good shooter" comment have you seen respect for Dirk from anyone but Mavs fans? Joel freakin Anthony has gotten more respect.

I don't think there is a single Heat fan out there that doesn't think Dirk is arguably the MVP of the playoffs so far. If they don't, than why bother with them if they can't present a rational argument?

Of COURSE Dirk deserves the respect. And I can tell you which people are spending their entire time showing him that respect. The Heat and coach Spo in practice right now.

Everyone understands this year's Dirk is much craftier. Bosh said it best when he said Dirk is so tough to guard because he is crafty as hell, wears you down and makes you play the most disciplined defense imagineable. How many games have we seen that the only player that can stop Dirk is Dirk?

Trust me, anyone that disrespects Dirk is in for a negative surprise. The Heat will hope to contain him any way possible, and will have to make sure the Mavs shooters don't kill them, or the Heat are going home ringless.

SportsFanatic10
05-30-2011, 05:23 PM
dirk fans seem really starved for attention these days.

SteBO
05-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't think there is a single Heat fan out there that doesn't think Dirk is arguably the MVP of the playoffs so far. If they don't, than why bother with them if they can't present a rational argument?

Of COURSE Dirk deserves the respect. And I can tell you which people are spending their entire time showing him that respect. The Heat and coach Spo in practice right now.

Everyone understands this year's Dirk is much craftier. Bosh said it best when he said Dirk is so tough to guard because he is crafty as hell, wears you down and makes you play the most disciplined defense imagineable. How many games have we seen that the only player that can stop Dirk is Dirk?

Trust me, anyone that disrespects Dirk is in for a negative surprise. The Heat will hope to contain him any way possible, and will have to make sure the Mavs shooters don't kill them, or the Heat are going home ringless.
This is why the Heat can't load up on Dirk like they did with Derrick Rose. We're better off letting Dirk get his and limiting their shooters, and get on the defensive boards. We can't allow them to get second chance points either.

ryang
05-30-2011, 05:26 PM
this^ and pray chandler is on bosh

justinnum1
05-30-2011, 05:27 PM
why is that dojo poster continually making things up and blaming heat fans for them? Joel anthony more respect than dirk...please:facepalm:

theheatles
05-30-2011, 05:37 PM
lol at dampier being better than dirk...dampier is a journeyman and dirk is a hall of famer but dirk isn't better than LeBron

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 06:21 PM
why is that dojo poster continually making things up and blaming heat fans for them? Joel anthony more respect than dirk...please:facepalm:

There is constant praise for Joel here. The only things I hear about Dirk are Heat fans saying Bosh is probably going to equal his play (which is beyond ridiculous) and how he isn't gonna have that great a series...

TylerSL
05-30-2011, 06:29 PM
There is constant praise for Joel here. The only things I hear about Dirk are Heat fans saying Bosh is probably going to equal his play (which is beyond ridiculous) and how he isn't gonna have that great a series...

Dude, just shut up. everybody knows Dirk is the best shooting big man ever, and its extremely hard to double team him because the Mavs have lights out 3 point shooters and Dirk has such great court vision, he will make you pay for doubling him. Is that what you wanted to hear?????? Nobody makes these accusations you are saying "Heat fans give Joel more respect than Dirk" or "Heat fans think Dampier>Dirk". You are looking like a fool :facepalm:

justinnum1
05-30-2011, 06:47 PM
How ridiculous is it? Bosh shot 23ppg on 60% shooting vs. noah and asik who i would say are just as good as chandler, and if dirk is on him then bosh will eat him alive. The fact that our 3rd option can probably neutralize your main option does not bode so well for you guys. Wade and lebron will get theirs but bosh has a chance to **** all over the mavs in this series.

Baller1
05-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Dojo calm down. Twisting people's words around doesn't strengthen your argument. No one is denying Dirk's abilities.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 08:26 PM
How ridiculous is it? Bosh shot 23ppg on 60% shooting vs. noah and asik who i would say are just as good as chandler, and if dirk is on him then bosh will eat him alive. The fact that our 3rd option can probably neutralize your main option does not bode so well for you guys. Wade and lebron will get theirs but bosh has a chance to **** all over the mavs in this series.

On what planet is Asik better than Chandler?

And Dirk is our main option. Meaning he will be scoring huge numbers. If LeBron and Wade are gonna get 20-30 each, no way Bosh gets 20-30 a game too. He'll probably get 20+ once or twice. Say LeBron or Wade outplay Dirk, that is more realistic, not Chris freakin Bosh...

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Dude, just shut up. everybody knows Dirk is the best shooting big man ever, and its extremely hard to double team him because the Mavs have lights out 3 point shooters and Dirk has such great court vision, he will make you pay for doubling him. Is that what you wanted to hear?????? Nobody makes these accusations you are saying "Heat fans give Joel more respect than Dirk" or "Heat fans think Dampier>Dirk". You are looking like a fool :facepalm:

You guys finally give him some damn respect after I call it out. Comparing Bosh to Dirk is disrespectful. One just had one of the greatest first 3 rounds in NBA history and is a future HOF Legend, the other is a simple NBA all star.

ryang
05-30-2011, 08:29 PM
no we said if bosh can score 20 we are in good shape

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 08:32 PM
no we said if bosh can score 20 we are in good shape

That's a VERY big if. What if Peja, Kidd and Marion are all scoring 13+ and Terry is getting his occasional 20 and Dirk is getting his daily 30? Then we are in pretty good shape. If we lose this series, it will be because LeBron puts out a straight up legendary performance and Wade does his thing. At the same time, Dirk is gonna put up at least 30 a game win or lose.

ryang
05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Bosh scoring 20 is not a big if just so you know... he will average atleast 15 a game as to peja averaging 13 come on bro

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Bosh scoring 20 is not a big if just so you know... he will average atleast 15 a game as to peja averaging 13 come on bro

Yeah 15. Terry will probably average 15 and be our second highest scorer. Kidd, Marion, Peja, Barea and Terry can all go off for 15+ any given night. This doesn't include Tyson's 10 and Dirk's 30+. It is more than Dirk on this team (finally), much more.

SteBO
05-30-2011, 08:45 PM
That's a VERY big if. What if Peja, Kidd and Marion are all scoring 13+ and Terry is getting his occasional 20 and Dirk is getting his daily 30? Then we are in pretty good shape. If we lose this series, it will be because LeBron puts out a straight up legendary performance and Wade does his thing. At the same time, Dirk is gonna put up at least 30 a game win or lose.
First of all, why are you assuming Dirk will average 30 a game? It's not out of the question, but the defense of the Thunder, Lakers, and Blazers if laughable compared to Miami's, so you jumping the gun and saying Dirk will immediately average 30 ppg is way too soon for me.

Second of all, how is Chris Bosh scoring 20 ppg against Dallas a "big if"? :confused:

Chris Bosh's stats vs. Bulls in ECF(best defense in the league)

23.2 ppg 7.6 reb. 60.0 FG% in about 42 minutes per game

Again, Bosh averaging 20 ppg is farfetched, how????

RaidersLakers24
05-30-2011, 08:48 PM

I didn't say anyone on the bulls I said the people who guarded wade... Come o learn how to read bro... An old Kobe>wade and he will show it once again next season fully healthy! Plus wade is struggling right now so he better step up

SteBO
05-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah 15. Terry will probably average 15 and be our second highest scorer. Kidd, Marion, Peja, Barea and Terry can all go off for 15+ any given night. This doesn't include Tyson's 10 and Dirk's 30+. It is more than Dirk on this team (finally), much more.
Let's not leave out the fact that Haslem, Miller, and even Chalmers at times, can score 15+ on any given night nowadays. It's all come together for this team after all this time, and if you watched the Bulls series, you would have seen that in the four wins, all three of these guys made an impact. We're more than just the "big 3" as well, but at the end, us winning it all will fall on the shoulders of Wade, James, and Bosh. That's just the way the NBA is.

RaidersLakers24
05-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Let it go mavs fans the heat are in for a rude awakening! They think their D will shutdown your O but it's ok we all know who the winner will be! Dallas in 6

ryang
05-30-2011, 09:06 PM
I didn't say anyone on the bulls I said the people who guarded wade... Come o learn how to read bro... An old Kobe>wade and he will show it once again next season fully healthy! Plus wade is struggling right now so he better step up

Sorry anybody on the bulls roster that covered wade... but in any case kidd is not better then any defender THAT COVERED WADE last series.. Kobe is more of a jump shooter now and i wont get into an arguement about who as of right now is a better player.. But I will say i wouldnt trade wade for kobe today or at any point from this day forward... would you?? in there primes kobe> wade but today wade> kobe

SteBO
05-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Let it go mavs fans the heat are in for a rude awakening! They think their D will shutdown your O but it's ok we all know who the winner will be! Dallas in 6
I can play that sily game too :) You think their D will shut our O??!! Just sit back and watch the games. It should be a great series with two great teams going head to head.

justinnum1
05-30-2011, 10:02 PM
I can play that sily game too :) You think their D will shut our O??!! Just sit back and watch the games. It should be a great series with two great teams going head to head.

of course the mavs D is amazing, they have 3 1st team all defenders, and are the best defensive team in the league. They swept the lakers and killed the thunder, they get all the calls.

:rolleyes:

kjoke
05-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Dallas's defense gets SIGNIFICANTLY worse when they go to the bench, pretty much the opposite of the bulls

djs5268
05-31-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm not going to sit here and analyze the series like I'm some sort of Chris Broussard-wannabe, but I think the Heat will win in 6. I think Dirk looks hungry and I will always respect him for the way he silently walked off the floor after they won the West (gave me chills), but I think the Heat just want it more. They know everybody was gunning for them all year long and I don't think they will be satisfied with just getting to the Finals. I think guarding Dirk will be tough, but I like the Heat's matchups more...I think they will be able to handle the Mavs. Regardless of who wins, I think it will be a good series and I am looking forward to the individual battles. By the way, if anyone is interested in fantasy sports, I found this cool NBA Finals game on some site called "Fantazzle." They let you pit players against one another and predict who will have the better performance (like Dirk vs. Bosh). With the potentially awesome matchups in this series, I think playing this game could be fun. Let me know if anyone wants to join on here.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2011, 10:00 AM

the pace will be much slower in this series for Dallas. The Heat keep the pace down and only run off turnovers dude. Don't expect Dallas to be putting up 110 point games like they have been

Gibby23
05-31-2011, 01:23 PM
the pace will be much slower in this series for Dallas. The Heat keep the pace down and only run off turnovers dude. Don't expect Dallas to be putting up 110 point games like they have been

Dude... If you have been watching the Heat this year you would know that they will get out and run and play high scoring games against teams that like to keep the pace up.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Dude... If you have been watching the Heat this year you would know that they will get out and run and play high scoring games against teams that like to keep the pace up.

off turnovers, for sure. But they will want to slow the pace down and let their defense put up that wall. They don't kick the ball inbounds off a score and sprint it up the floor man. Which is why they are involved in such low scoring games in the playoffs so far.

Baller1
05-31-2011, 02:05 PM

Unless they have the numbers in the open court, Miami will slow it up at half court and let Lebron run the offense. Other than turnovers and quick kick outs, Miami is a half court team.

MiamiWadeCounty
05-31-2011, 02:07 PM
off turnovers, for sure. But they will want to slow the pace down and let their defense put up that wall. They don't kick the ball inbounds off a score and sprint it up the floor man. Which is why they are involved in such low scoring games in the playoffs so far.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The Heat don't mind going uptempo and running down the court off of turnovers, but after a team scores almost always we will go to our halfcourt sets rather than push the ball up the court. Once in a while Wade or Lebron will sprint down the court and they'll find each other for a layup and people assume we do this everytime, which is incorrect. For us to win this game we need to keep the Mavs under 95 points.

Melo15
05-31-2011, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Heat win it in 5.

beasted86
05-31-2011, 06:29 PM

First things first, I'm just going to flat out let you know right now... Dirk is not going to be averaging 30+ in these Finals. If that's what you are waiting for, brace for getting your balloon popped.

Dirk averaged 28.4 PPG against the 14th, 6th, and 15th ranked defenses in the NBA in the first 3 rounds. Bosh averaged 18.6 PPG against the 8th, 2nd, and 1st ranked defenses in the NBA in the first 3 rounds.... So you tell me what's more realistic. Bosh has a way better chance of averaging 20+ than Dirk 30+.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-31-2011, 06:41 PM

First things first, I'm just going to flat out let you know right now... Dirk is not going to be averaging 30+ in these Finals. If that's what you are waiting for, brace for getting your balloon popped.

Dirk averaged 28.4 PPG against the 14th, 6th, and 15th ranked defenses in the NBA in the first 3 rounds. Bosh averaged 18.6 PPG against the 8th, 2nd, and 1st ranked defenses in the NBA in the first 3 rounds.... So you tell me what's more realistic. Bosh has a way better chance of averaging 20+ than Dirk 30+.

Dirk is a SUPERSTAR, top 3 player in the NBA who happens to be our #1 option. If Dwyane Wade can average 39 ppg in a Finals then Dirk can certainly average 30 ppg in a series. Bosh isn't going to average 20 ppg this series 1) because he is the third option and 2) LeBron and Wade are going to be averaging 20+, no way 3 players average 20+.

MiamiWadeCounty
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Dirk is a SUPERSTAR, top 3 player in the NBA who happens to be our #1 option. If Dwyane Wade can average 39 ppg in a Finals then Dirk can certainly average 30 ppg in a series. Bosh isn't going to average 20 ppg this series 1) because he is the third option and 2) LeBron and Wade are going to be averaging 20+, no way 3 players average 20+.

1. Dirk is not a top 3 player
2. D-Wade averaged 34.7
3. Bosh might average 20ppg in the series. He has averaged about 19 ppg throughout the playoffs so you can't definitively say he will not average 20 ppg.
4. Three players can average 20+ considering we don't get much help from our bench [I]offensively[/I ]other than Miller and Haslem as of recent and occasionally Chalmers or JJ.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-31-2011, 06:56 PM
1. Dirk is not a top 3 player
2. D-Wade averaged 34.7
3. Bosh might average 20ppg in the series. He has averaged about 19 ppg throughout the playoffs so you can't definitively say he will not average 20 ppg.
4. Three players can average 20+ considering we don't get much help from our bench [I]offensively[/I ]other than Miller and Haslem as of recent and occasionally Chalmers or JJ.

LeBron is the only definite better player. Wade isn't better and if he is, it isn't by that much. Dwight isn't better yet.

Fine. If Wade can average 34.7 ppg in a series then Dirk can average 30.

MiamiWadeCounty
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
LeBron is the only definite better player. Wade isn't better and if he is, it isn't by that much. Dwight isn't better yet.

I believe Wade is still slightly better as you said even if he has had a disappointing playoff run thus far. Dwight I would say imo is better based on the sole fact that he is the best defensive big man in the league and still gets 20 ppg on offense. I might also consider Kobe ahead of Dirk based on recent success (past 4 years) even though Dirk did show him up in the playoffs.

ManRam
05-31-2011, 07:07 PM

Dirk is in no way shape or form a better player than Wade or especially Dwight.

Two sides of the court. Dwight is as good, if not better defensively, as Dirk is offensively. Offensively, Dwight is leaps and bounds better than Dirk is defensively.

Same goes for Wade, who is only slightly worse offensively, but again much better defensively.

Cano4prez
05-31-2011, 07:14 PM

LeBron, Dwight, and Wade are the top 3 players in the NBA

beasted86
05-31-2011, 07:56 PM

Wow, now it's gotten to that level of fans overrating him, huh?

I'm just in for a laugh, so explain what aspects of the game Dirk is better than Wade at other than 3PT & FT%?

As I see it Wade is the better scorer, passer, rebounder, and all around defender (both on ball & weakside) than Dirk, and the stats support that. But I'd like to hear your homer deluded case for Dirk being better.

beasted86
05-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Same goes for Wade, who is only slightly worse offensively, but again much better defensively.

He's not even worst offensively. Wade is better offensively than Dirk is.

Dirk is a better outside shooter, and harder to gameplan against, but that's about where it ends. Wade has a higher FG% over his career, has a higher scoring average for his career, is a better passer, gets assisted far less on his FGs so is creating a lot more, and scores more in a slower pace. All of these favor Wade dramatically.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2011, 08:44 PM

You are riding your 15 game run here dude. Dirk is a top 6 player, yes. He is #6 most likely. LeBron, Dwight, Wade, Kobe, and Paul are better players. Dirk is indeed having an amazing post season, and I hope his hot streak continues.

tredigs
05-31-2011, 08:56 PM
You are riding your 15 game run here dude. Dirk is a top 6 player, yes. He is #6 most likely. LeBron, Dwight, Wade, Kobe, and Paul are better players. Dirk is indeed having an amazing post season, and I hope his hot streak continues.

I think Dirk's actually got Kobe at this point. And imo probably playing like the fourth best player in the NBA - Lebron > Cp3/Howard > Dirk > Wade (though in general, I'd take Wade. But if we're talking right now). Durant is also with that pact, then there's the rest (Kobe being with the likes of D. Rose and D. Will right now).

I will say that Dirk can create a true/lasting All Time type legacy if he puts up a great performance and can take this series down with the Mavs on his shoulders.

Unfortunately, I don't think it happens. Heat in 6; Lebron is finally crowned King of this league.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Wow, now it's gotten to that level of fans overrating him, huh?

I'm just in for a laugh, so explain what aspects of the game Dirk is better than Wade at other than 3PT & FT%?

As I see it Wade is the better scorer, passer, rebounder, and all around defender (both on ball & weakside) than Dirk, and the stats support that. But I'd like to hear your homer deluded case for Dirk being better.

Wade is not a better rebounder or scorer than Dirk.

John Walls Era
06-01-2011, 01:12 AM
No Dojo is right. Dirk is right up there with the best scorers.

ManRam
06-01-2011, 01:37 AM

Of course Wade isn't a better rebounder...Dirk is 7 feet tall.

Wade is the best rebounding SG in the league, maybe along with Landry Fields. That's more impressive than Dirk being an average/below average rebounder for his position. Wade averages 8.2 rebounds per 48 compared to Dirk's 9.8. That's not a difference I'd be bragging about.

Wade is far better all-around. No contest. Dirk is a better scorer, for sure. But that's one facet of the game. Wade has him trumped everywhere else.

YourTeamSucks
06-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Idk y but i thought i was going to get some expert analysis

sunsfan88
06-01-2011, 04:04 AM
I think Miami will win the next 5 titles. Just too many weapons.

Chicago was probably the only team that could slow down Wade like they did in the ECFs but Bosh and LeBron stepped it up.

Plus defensively they are close to perfect. Pin point rotations and double teams come right on time.

Hawkeye15
06-01-2011, 08:42 AM
I think Dirk's actually got Kobe at this point. And imo probably playing like the fourth best player in the NBA - Lebron > Cp3/Howard > Dirk > Wade (though in general, I'd take Wade. But if we're talking right now). Durant is also with that pact, then there's the rest (Kobe being with the likes of D. Rose and D. Will right now).

I will say that Dirk can create a true/lasting All Time type legacy if he puts up a great performance and can take this series down with the Mavs on his shoulders.

Unfortunately, I don't think it happens. Heat in 6; Lebron is finally crowned King of this league.

I can live with someone making an argument for Dirk over Kobe. I am as guilty as the rest on moving slow to drop an all time great down the pegs.

Regardless, Dirk is not a top 3 player. But he has been a top 5-6 player for 10 years, which is terrific in its own way

ewmania
06-03-2011, 06:21 AM

hahaa did he say wade was a better rebounder than dirk and dirk averages a double double in his playoff career lol

wow

Mile High Champ
06-03-2011, 10:15 AM
So I am looking good so far. I said the Mavs would steal one from Miami at home. I than predicted that the Mavs would take 2 of 3 at Home against the Heat. Finally the Mavs win game 6 in Miami. Book it.

SportsFanatic10
06-04-2011, 05:50 PM
still say heat in 6

Voodoo Alchemy
06-04-2011, 09:06 PM
clearly defense will NOT be enough for the heat.

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 05:11 AM

I told you that you were looking like a fool when you were just crying about Dirk not getting recognition. You should have stopped then, because you wouldnt have looked completely stupid. Now you look completely stupid....... FYI there are more than 2 players in this league better than Dirk (I have him at 6). To say "its disrespectful" to say Dirk wont score 30+ is absurd. Dirk will be playing against IMO the best defense in the league. I figure Dirk will get a good 25/game, not 30. Also to turn around and say Bosh wont average 20 is more "disrespectful" than saying Dirk wont score 30 because Miami's defense is way better than Dallas's and Bosh will get quite a bit of open shots because of Wade and Lebron slashing.... You even tried to argue that Dirk is a better rebounder than Wade. Well I would hope that a 7'0 Power Forward is a better rebounder than a 6'4 Guard, nice try................... All in all tho, you should have quit because you proved to me and pretty much every other person that read your posts that you are clueless.....

Wade>You
06-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Just noticed if you take away Dallas' 3rd string Center's fouls (5), the Mavs were only called for 9 fouls this game.

Only 3 players for the Mavs had 2 fouls.

Big Game Son
06-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Yah this series has amazed me at times with players making great plays, but they also can leave me seriously baffled. For example....the defenses are great yes, but you'd think at some point a team would step it up offensively. honestly I've never seen a finals where both offenses literally stunk this much (until Dallas at the end, but that's silly mental behaviour).

Its like everything (offensively) that got Dallas to this point went out the window (bench play). Suddenly Miami has a bench (still honestly isn't that good), but they has stepped up much more. Also Bosh suddenly is clutch (nice to see), but Terry at times looks like he's "kissing the sky."

Definitely an exciting series, but honestly sometimes I have to stop and scratch my head and say...wtf?

Voodoo Alchemy
06-07-2011, 02:29 AM
dallas by 30

Phenomenonsense
06-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Just noticed if you take away Dallas' 3rd string Center's fouls (5), the Mavs were only called for 9 fouls this game.

Lol, your signature is hilarious. It isn't THAT the mavs got 6 more FTAs than the Heat that made them win, it's that they MADE 7 more. If the Heat makes 80% of their FTs as well, 20/24, they tie that game. Lebron settled for Jump shots and thus didn't get to the line. If you didn't watch the game then you didn't watch it bro. Stop looking at the stats to justify your "OMG HAX" attitude.

Phenomenonsense
06-08-2011, 10:10 AM

And with regard to your post : :facepalm:

First, they had no second string center so saying 3rd string is just lol. Secondly 18-5=9????? The mavs fouled 18 times according to your signature.

wjmoffatt
06-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Top 10 Today
1.) Dwight Howard (if you say that lebron is doing great as a defender or facilitator, like many lebron fans have in this finals, then you can't say that Dwight doesn't do a better job at it, 3x Defensive player of the Year)
2.) Lebron James (Move him down a great deal, if its the finals)
3.) Durant (Going to be moving up next year)
4.) Wade "Flash"
5.) Bryant "Mamba"
6.) Dirk
7.) Amare
8.) CP3
9.) Rose
10.) Aldridge/Anthony/Westbrook/D.Will (To hard for me to choose one, with Westbrook being my favorite player)

Tlew77
06-08-2011, 07:13 PM
I think Miami will win the next 5 titles. Just too many weapons.

Chicago was probably the only team that could slow down Wade like they did in the ECFs but Bosh and LeBron stepped it up.

Plus defensively they are close to perfect. Pin point rotations and double teams come right on time.

I agree, Miami probably will start a new dynasty close to Kobe and Shaqs in LA over the next five years. However, I think the real key to their success will be the play of Mario Chalmers. He will play a huge role over the next couple years the way Rondo did in Boston as a fourth player to the big three. Without Chalmers in this series, Miami is down 3-1.

jimbobjarree
06-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I wonder if any of the members have had sex on the round table

Voodoo Alchemy
06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I agree, Miami probably will start a new dynasty close to Kobe and Shaqs in LA over the next five years. However, I think the real key to their success will be the play of Mario Chalmers. He will play a huge role over the next couple years the way Rondo did in Boston as a fourth player to the big three. Without Chalmers in this series, Miami is down 3-1.

dynasty?

wade/brick/bust may win their 1st title together...but not this year. shaq/kobe had 3 losing seasons before they won their 1st title.

Mile High Champ
06-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I expect the Heat to lose one of their first two games at home and the Mavs to take 2 of 3 games at home. This will result in the Mavs winning a hard fought series in 6 games.

My prediction on the first page of this thread is coming true, one more game.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Top 10 Finals series ever. If it goes 7, could be top 5.

Also LeBron and especially Wade are top of the line douches for making fun of maybe the most humble player in basketball.

heyman321
06-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Dallas by 25 in game 6.

Mile High Champ
06-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Feels good to be the only guy on the round table to predict the exact outcome of the series.