PDA

View Full Version : Why OKC is perfect spot for Dwight

richiesaurus310
05-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Here, we ponder what superstars—and I use that term lightly—are going to do when they become free agents years from now.

It's been this way for a while.

Since Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh each decided to take unprecedented three-year contract extensions back in July 2006, everyone immediately began wondering about their intentions. Five years later, as the Heatles are poised to win the Eastern Conference in their very first season together, the attention is squarely on Chris Paul and Dwight Howard.

Will either—or both—follow the lead of LeBron James and seek the legacy they hope to leave on the game elsewhere? Or will they stay true to their teams and follow the examples set by Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce?

That, we don't know.

What we do know, however, is that if Dwight Howard opts to leave Orlando, the right decision would be to join the Oklahome City Thunder. This can only happen through a trade between the Magic and Thunder this offseason. The Thunder would be able to take Dwight's contract plus a bad Magic contract because Nazr Mohammed and Daequan Cook's contracts are up this offseason freeing up $9 million.

A trade for Dwight would most likely be to a western conference team, involve proven talent coming back to Orlando, and a bad contract would have to be traded with D12. Also Dwight would have to be willing to re-sign with this team, so they’d have to instantly be a championship contender. This all makes the Thunder the perfect trade partner.

Russell Westbrook, Kendrick Perkins, Nate Robinson's expiring contract, and Byron Mullens or Cole Aldrich
For
Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu

This would be the closest thing to Shaq and Kobe we’ll see in the next decade. This would make Dwight into a legend.

People will argue that Dwight wants to play in a larger city. Has anyone actually heared Dwight say he doesn't want to play for a small city? OKC is the 31st most populated city in the USA, Orlando is 79th so it’d be a larger city than Dwight is playing in now. Plus OKC is still not very far away from Dwight’s hometown of Atlanta.

Thunder:
James Harden
Thabo Sefolosha
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka
Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu
Eric Maynor
Nick Collison

Magic:
Russell Westbrook
JJ Redick
Quentin Richardson
Brandon Bass
Kendrick Perkins

Jameer Nelson
Gilbert Arenas
Ryan Anderson

The Thunder would be set for at least the next 5 years. They would be instantly the favorites in the West imo.

The Magic would only have one year of true rebuilding after they get a top ten draft pick which they could use on a forward. Also this would make Jameer Nelson expendable, and he is very tradable to a team that needs a point guard (Lakers?). The Magic will only have to wait two years to be able to trade Gilbert Arenas’ expiring contract for some more help and the Magic would be back by 2014 seriously contending in the East.

2014 Magic:

Westbrook
Reddick
Top 10 pick in 2012: Harrison Barnes, James McAdoo, Perry Jones, Quincy Miller...
Gilbert Arenas trade in 2014
Perkins

jneises21
05-27-2011, 10:44 PM
I can see Westbrook running out of town as soon as his contract is up, so I do think they need to trade him

RaffyBoy
05-27-2011, 10:46 PM
when i think of dwight i only thought of bulls, knicks, but the thunder would be a prefect spot for him!! i really liked westbrook in the regular season, but he just annoyed me in the mavs series.. i dont know if i would want to give up westbrook for him..

ps. it would be funny... lewis was the supersonics best player and left for the magic, and it would be orlandos best player leaving them to the thunder.. haha

richiesaurus310
05-27-2011, 10:54 PM
when i think of dwight i only thought of bulls, knicks, but the thunder would be a prefect spot for him!! i really liked westbrook in the regular season, but he just annoyed me in the mavs series.. i dont know if i would want to give up westbrook for him..

ps. it would be funny... lewis was the supersonics best player and left for the magic, and it would be orlandos best player leaving them to the thunder.. haha

IDK why more people aren't including OKC in this. I think Dwight on OKC makes the most sense by far. I think the Lakers stand pat this year, CP3 goes to the Clippers, and Derron Williams goes to the Mavs. This is why I think the Knicks should trade Chaunce Billups to the Spurs right now to get Tony Parker. This would give the Spurs much needed cap relief next offseason with Duncan's contract also expiring. Plus the Knicks would get their third piece.

poleandreel
05-27-2011, 11:16 PM
First of all: that would never be enough to get dwight.
Second of all: WE ARE NOT TRADING WESTBROOK.

What don't people understand about that? He is 22 years old and is already an all nba player and all star selection. All while learning to play the point...

Only derrick rose has the same athletic ability as him as a PG and nash, kidd, billups, parker are all on their last legs. Westbrook will be top 5 for a while

jrm2054
05-27-2011, 11:27 PM
not happening

JB0B0
05-27-2011, 11:34 PM
The Thunder would not trade Westbrook

redsox0717
05-27-2011, 11:35 PM
I can't believe they spent all that money extending Perk, he was useless in the playoffs

allSUAVE
05-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Dwight Howard could fit anywhere.

For Post defense and rebounding

But Why would anybody take on Perkins contract.?

I'm sorry but if I could get:

Bynum and Gasol

Or

Noah Gibson Deng picks cash

Those are no brainers.

JB0B0
05-28-2011, 12:22 AM
LA and Chicago have the most to offer. It's up to Dwight as to where he wants to go.

koreancabbage
05-28-2011, 12:38 AM
yea, not enough assets and not enough cap space. after resigning Westbrook and Durant.

it would be a mistake to trade Westbrook. You need more MOVEMENT in the offense. I can't believe people are killing Westbrook's play when the offensive scheme SUCKS. Durant and most players just stand around watching each other on the offense.

if you trade Howard for Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka (some combination), it's a lateral movement i think. most likely Westbrook and Harden are going to be the main pieces if I were the Magic in a trade. yea not enough money to go around in the new CBA if the current team can offer more years and money in a re-sign.

Raph12
05-28-2011, 12:47 AM
WB, Harden and etc or no deal, Bynum-Odom would be better than WB-Perk...

JB0B0
05-28-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm amazed that so many people think Westbrook needs to be moved. He's a superstar, as is KD. Trading Westbrook and whoever for Dwight would be a lateral movement as someone mentioned above. KD+Dwight would not be enough to take down Miami.

Denver-boy
05-28-2011, 12:59 AM
i think magic would rather pass, nice try thunder fans keep dreamin sum more, is kobe and lbj are perfect theyre too lol

Denver-boy
05-28-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm amazed that so many people think Westbrook needs to be moved. He's a superstar, as is KD. Trading Westbrook and whoever for Dwight would be a lateral movement as someone mentioned above. KD+Dwight would not be enough to take down Miami.

how stupid do think Magic is??? like they wanna SEE thunder keep theyre BEST players and take nothing for Howard, im sorry its a DOWN grade going with Perkins, and your actually argueing to keep Westbrooke too, WOW!!! FREAKIN WOW!!! get REAL!!!!!!!

I hope MAGIC Keeps him, ID RATHER howard retire than see him go to the Thunder....

Rivera
05-28-2011, 01:04 AM
if my team orlando trades dwight....theres no better value out there then getting russel westbrook

who else are we gonna get? brook lopez? :laugh2:

LJEATON26
05-28-2011, 01:19 AM
As a thunder fan I wouldn't want Hedu. If any other player came with Dwight I would want Nelson.

Crackadalic
05-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Dwight and Durant would be scary good

TheHighLife
05-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Westbrook isn't going anywhere.

Sadds The Gr8
05-28-2011, 02:39 AM
if my team orlando trades dwight....theres no better value out there then getting russel westbrook

who else are we gonna get? brook lopez? :laugh2:

I think D12 and Arenas for Noah and Boozer would be solid. Orlando gets 2 top 10 players at their respective postions that are under contract for a long time, so they wouldn't even really have to rebuild. They also get rid of the worst contract in the league

Chicago gets the best C in the league, and they have Taj Gibson to play PF, who is a better fit on Chicago than Boozer anyways. Chicago with a Deng, Gibson and Howard frontcourt would definitely be one of the great defenses we've ever seen. Arenas is a wildcard, but i think Chicago would definitely take Howard even if it meant eating up Arenas' disgusting contract. Maybe there's a small chance that Arenas can be that scoring SG Chicago needs :shrug:

jmtapia
05-28-2011, 02:51 AM
Thats what makes sense to me. Durant/Dwight/Westbrook... wow

richiesaurus310
05-28-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't see the lakers doing anything to het Dwight to be honest. They like their team or else they would have gone after Carmelo Anthony earlier this year. The Knicks don't have the pieces to trade for Dwight, plus I doubt Orlando wants to trade him to the East. That would leave the Clippers, who also don't have the pieces to trade for Dwight because they aren't moving Blake Grfiifin. This leaves the Thunder or Mavs. Who are the Mavs gonna give the Magic who isn't 35 plus years old? This leaves the Thunder, and in my trade the salaries match up perfectly even with Turkoglu's contract.

richiesaurus310
05-28-2011, 03:06 PM
As a thunder fan I wouldn't want Hedu. If any other player came with Dwight I would want Nelson.

Any team who trades for Dwight is gonna have to take Turk or Arenas

richiesaurus310
05-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Westbrook isn't going anywhere.

I agree not for CP3 or Derron Williams, but the Thunder would definitely move him for Dwight Howard imo

richiesaurus310
05-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Dwight Howard could fit anywhere.

For Post defense and rebounding

But Why would anybody take on Perkins contract.?

I'm sorry but if I could get:

Bynum and Gasol

Or

Noah Gibson Deng picks cash

Those are no brainers.

The Lakers aren't doing that and Noah Gibson Deng<Russell Westbrook

Carey
05-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Hard to pay 2 max deals in our market and still be able to supplement the rest of our roster, besides i like our team the way it is and our salary structure is built to keep Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka and keep decent pieces around them.

mightymouse407
05-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Richie310 give it up damn u wrote 2-3threads already about this its not gonna happen so take ur hand n remove it 4rm dwights nut sack cuz he will never end up in OKC

richiesaurus310
05-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Richie310 give it up damn u wrote 2-3threads already about this its not gonna happen so take ur hand n remove it 4rm dwights nut sack cuz he will never end up in OKC

Lol dude I'm a clippers fan, I hope he doesn't come to any team out West. But this trade makes way more sense than the Lakers blowing up their team for him, the Knicks trading nothing for him, the Mavs trading old guys for him, or the Nets trading Brook Lopez for him...

Im just tired of the New York speculation so I made a trade that makes 1000% more sense from a basketball standpoint.

richiesaurus310
05-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Hard to pay 2 max deals in our market and still be able to supplement the rest of our roster, besides i like our team the way it is and our salary structure is built to keep Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka and keep decent pieces around them.

If the Thunder are winning championships with D12 and Durant they will have no problem spending the $ to keep the other pieces around too