PDA

View Full Version : Why would YOUR team be a contender with Howard in the middle.

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Everybody wants him, and we all know what he brings, but how would Dwight Howard fit in with your team, and what do they have to help make Dwight more effective.

ManRam
05-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Because the Magic, with Jameer Nelson and/or Hedo Turkoglu as the second best player on the team have been a contender with him, so why can't literally any other team ;) If they can contend with that supporting cast, he can contend with your's.

mikealike305
05-27-2011, 04:31 PM
my team will be a contender with him in the middle, cuz my team is a condenter with anthony in the middle :)

Crackadalic
05-27-2011, 04:34 PM
He turn a bunch of inconsistence players and can't defend if there life was on the line into a top 5 defensive teams. Think about that

Hawkeye15
05-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Pair him next to Love, and you have the PERFECT compliments to each other (a dominant Dwight with the efficient floor spacing Love), and our frontcourt is immediately #1 in the NBA (LAL can make an argument possibly). No team would get second chance points, Dwight could extend the area he contests knowing a vaccum is behind him, and the Wolves defense moves up 15 spots. Assuming Rubio joins, Dwight gets 3-4 alley oops a night uncontested, and much easier looks than he did in Orlando

there. My best attempt. :)

bringinwood
05-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Because the Magic, with Jameer Nelson and/or Hedo Turkoglu as the second best player on the team have been a contender with him, so why can't literally any other team ;) If they can contend with that supporting cast, he can contend with your's.

This...

Without Dwight, the magic are the leagues worst team... I firmly believe that...

You'll see why he is so special when he gets traded...

Outside of recieving LBJ, you can't recieve equal conpensation for Dwight...

Dash
05-27-2011, 04:43 PM
We still wouldn't be a contender.

:pity:

xabial
If the Knicks sign Dwight they will arguably be the best Team in the NBA.

Think about that.

mdm692
Two words steve nash
Nash
Dudley
Hill
Frye
Howard

Double howard and suns set 3pt record night in night out
Plus imagine nash/howard pnr

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2011, 04:47 PM

He did get to the NBA finals with those two. But you have a point. It seems like he could turn any team except Orlando into a contender. Every other team in the league has a guy to help him on the glass though.

Chi StateOfMind
05-27-2011, 04:50 PM
B/c were contenders w/o him already.

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Pair him next to Love, and you have the PERFECT compliments to each other (a dominant Dwight with the efficient floor spacing Love), and our frontcourt is immediately #1 in the NBA (LAL can make an argument possibly). No team would get second chance points, Dwight could extend the area he contests knowing a vaccum is behind him, and the Wolves defense moves up 15 spots. Assuming Rubio joins, Dwight gets 3-4 alley oops a night uncontested, and much easier looks than he did in Orlando

there. My best attempt. :)

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see Howard and Love side-by-side. That would be crazy. I think Rondo would be a great PG for those two, or obviously CP3, D-Will or Rose.

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2011, 04:52 PM
B/c were contenders w/o him already.

Of course. But what would the chemistry of the team be. How would Rose play with Howard? How would Howard play with Boozer? They'd be amazing for sure. I kinda like Noah in the middle though. He looks good in a chi-town jersey.

NYKnicks4511
05-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Two words steve nash
Nash
Dudley
Hill
Frye
Howard

Double howard and suns set 3pt record night in night out
Plus imagine nash/howard pnr

Howard's not really a PnR player, but Nash and Howard combo alone would really spread the floor and give both players a lot of room to operate.

JordansBulls
05-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Everybody wants him, and we all know what he brings, but how would Dwight Howard fit in with your team, and what do they have to help make Dwight more effective.

Hell yes. In fact I'd say you could replace our entire frontcourt of Noah, Boozer and Deng and we'd be contenders.

tkshy
05-27-2011, 04:59 PM
C-Howard
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Kobe
PG-Fish

Really nuff said.

richiesaurus310
05-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Playing alongside Kevin Durant would be where Dwight could become a legend. This would be the closest tandem to Shaq and Kobe we would see in the next decade.

Thunder:
James Harden
Thabo Sefolosha
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka
Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu
Eric Maynor
Nick Collison

This team could beat anybody in the west at least for the next 5 years.

Thunder w/D12>Lakers w/D12

Dwight in the middle would elevate the Thunder immensely.

Bravo95
05-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Dwight Howard
Al Horford/Josh Smith
-any shooter or lock down defender-
Joe Johnson
Jeff Teague

:pray:

Dwight returns to save his hometown team and finally remove the curse from this franchise. If Josh is here, D-12 gets to play alongside his best friend from their AAU days. If Horford is here, D-12 would be paired with one of the most unselfish young talented bigs in the league. Then you have a good player like Joe Johnson who would be a great #2 option on any team. If Teague becomes a legit player like we saw vs Chicago in these playoffs, that team could absolutely win a title. He'd have a statue in front of Philips and highways renamed in his honor.