PDA

View Full Version : Heat vs Mavericks, Who has the edge?

WriterCyril
05-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Now that we know who will be representing the East and West in the NBA Finals, lets take a look at which team might have an edge heading into what should be a fantastic series.

Miami.

Iím going to be completely honest in saying itís not even a debate. I knew beforehand that whoever came out of that brutal series between Chicago and Miami would more than likely win the NBA Finals. The answer is simple, defense.

Yes, Dirk has looked fantastic, and yes the Mavericks bench with Barea and Terry looks just as good if not better. But it doesnít mean anything if you canít utilize these weapons against a team that is just playing better defense.

If you want proof that the Mavericks will struggle to find any rhythm against the Heat, just ask the Chicago Bulls. Donít the Bulls and Mavericks seem similar? Each team has only one Superstar (Rose, Nowitzki) to go with strong benches (Barea, Terry, Gibson, Korver), and we saw how that turned out for the Bulls. Plus the Bulls have a much better defense than the Mavericks, and they just got beat up 4-1 in a seven game series. It looks real bleak for the Mavericks if they canít find any kind of championship caliber defense, the defense might be so bad the Heat could sweep.

Do the Heat even look like they can be stopped? They just plowed through the defending Eastern champs, Boston, four games to one. Not only did they crush them, but it was well known that the Celtics used to be LeBron killers in the playoffs. With this Heat team LeBron took no prisoners and was able to lift the 400lb Celtic weight off his shoulders.

There was very little time to celebrate for the Heatles as they shipped off to face the best defensive team in the NBA, the Bulls, in the Eastern Conference Finals. Did having the 2nd best ppg against average, and the best field goal percentage defense in the NBA help the Bulls? No, and they even got blown out of the water winning only one game. All the while LeBron shook off his playoff clutch doubters by hitting big shot after big shot in each game. Besides the first game, when didnít LeBron make a serious impact in the fourth quarter?

The Mavericks better watch out and step up their defense, if they donít I donít care how many points Dirk scores cause no one else will score anything that will put them in a position to win this series.

What do you think?

Cyril Dunham is a Sports Journalist, find his work online at mysportsanalysis.com

SP17
05-27-2011, 12:49 AM
Miami in 6.

Jahari Kavi
05-27-2011, 12:51 AM
Heat in 5.....no answer for Bron or Wade and maybe even Bosh

Public Enemy #1
05-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Heat in 6

KDM1986
05-27-2011, 12:54 AM
I think this series could go either way. Would love to see Dirk and Kidd finally get the Big one. Both of them are at the ends of their careers, while Lebron and Bosh are just hitting their prime. Miami will have more chances to win the big one as the years go on where this might be Dallas's last shot. I think Dirk is the key to the entire series. Should be a good finals. Dallas in 7.

TheHighLife
05-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Dallas in 4.......no answer for Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Barea, and maybe even Peja or Marion.

allSUAVE
05-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Dallas in 6.

Good offense beats good defense.

Tyson Chandler <<< remember that Name

Kenny
05-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Heat have won every series in 5. I think with home court they will win this series in 5 as well. Dallas is too slow footed I feel, Miami has such a athletic advantage here.

Heater4life
05-27-2011, 01:02 AM
I pick Heat in the series, im just not sure in how many games. This series is going to come down to rebounding, just as the Chicago series. While Dallas will give up more points, i expect them to shoot a higher percentage. Rebound. you win.

Lets go.

SP17
05-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Heat have won every series in 5. I think with home court they will win this series in 5 as well. Dallas is too slow footed I feel, Miami has such a athletic advantage here.

Finals is a 2-3-2 format.. I dont expect the heat to win 2 in Dallas.

LongWayFromHome
05-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Dallas in 6.

Good offense beats good defense.

Tyson Chandler <<< remember that Name

i strongly disagree with the bold

justinnum1
05-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Dallas in 4.......no answer for Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Barea, and maybe even Peja or Marion.

:laugh2:

justinnum1
05-27-2011, 01:15 AM
Finals is a 2-3-2 format.. I dont expect the heat to win 2 in Dallas.

why not? they won 2 at chicago, the best home record...

kenzo400
05-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Dallas defense isn't too bad. They did a pretty solid job on OKC. Offensivelly speaking they have a lot more weapons and their bench is a lot better than Miami's

Their interior defense is certainly worse than Chicagos, so they will have a tougher time guarding Lebron and Wade inside. It's hard to say who will win this series. I have a feeling like Miami will, but on paper it's not so clear.

SP17
05-27-2011, 01:21 AM

coz I have a feeling its either Dallas will win 1 on the road in miami or win 2 at home..so it will probably end in 6.. I dont see Dallas losing 2 at home if they are down 0-2 going home..

Master Mind
05-27-2011, 01:24 AM

This

cbs134679
05-27-2011, 01:41 AM
I think Dallas can pull another upset, they won't have any answer for dirk and they can't key in on him like they did with rose because mavs have way better shooters around him.