PDA

View Full Version : Enough Rose Bashing, Where the **** was Boozer?

SugeKnight
05-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Bosh made him look like a *****

Taj Gibson was by far the more effective player.

What happened to Boozer?

210Don
he played?

gatkins11
Boozer is overrated.

MiamiWadeCounty
05-27-2011, 12:09 AM
He laid an egg.

Crackadalic
05-27-2011, 12:09 AM
On the bench

koreancabbage
05-27-2011, 12:10 AM
yea seriously, enough of the Rose bashing.

Boozer, the big free agent acquisition disappeared. benched for his deficiencies on defense. ugh. Chicago is going to regret this.

mikealike305
he played?

This

hugepatsfan
Totally true. Rose's shooting performance was obviously unacceptable, but he is FAR from the only reason CHI lost. Boozer, Korver, etc. This was a total team effort by CHI.

still1ballin
05-27-2011, 12:12 AM
He has a horrible shooting motion.

JordansBulls
05-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Don't know but dude only averaged 13 and 9 for the playoffs.

DoMeFavors
05-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Deron Williams made him look a lot better, ive never seen a guy thats paid 85 million not even finish the game. Thibbs hates him.

Chill_Will_24
05-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Not having Deron Williams to make him look great happened

GoneGuru
05-27-2011, 12:16 AM
he was butt-hurt over "rupaul" getting picked over him in miami. so he decided to punch ppl in the face instead of playing any semblance of defense.

DoMeFavors
05-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Bulls should have paid for Amare, Boozer was the worst of the "stars" in free agency.

Gators123
05-27-2011, 12:19 AM
I wonder if he will be in a Bulls uniform next season?

KingPosey
05-27-2011, 12:21 AM
he is injured.... zwhy does eveyone just ignore that fact.

Rose was absolute trash the entire playoffs besides one and a half games, and people ignored it because he averaged points.

koreancabbage
05-27-2011, 12:22 AM

i think people saw what Boozer brings to the table in without a good PG.

his contract is almost untradeable unless they package him and Noah and probably Gibson for Dwight Howard + Arenas/Turk

DoMeFavors
05-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Maybe Hornets will trade for him

ngam55
05-27-2011, 12:24 AM
This isn't the first time this happened. Any Jazz fan will point to last years series with LA to show you Boozer can't handle going up against good big men. He also tends to let injuries bother him alot more than they should

NYtilIdie
05-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Remember when Boozer>Amare? :laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
05-27-2011, 12:26 AM
i called this from the beginning and got bashed by Bulls fans. Boozer is a playoff choker...period.

beasted86
05-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Boozer is a good PF but he's a bottom top 10 PF because his defense is atrocious. It's disgusting to watch even as an opposing fan.

As much as people want to call Bosh "Rupaul" and "soft" and a "dinosaur" or whatever... I knew from watching the '08 Olympics that he had WAY better defensive fundamentals than Boozer EVER had. He just needed a better coach and he could buy into the system. Bosh is still just average at best defensively, but he's not a liability where teams purposely run pick & rolls at him like they do with Boozer. He's not going to get benched in the 4th quarter, or the coach having to sub offense/defense lineups because of him.

Defense wins championships and Boozer doesn't have it. Hopefully Gibson & Asik continue to develop, because Boozer doesn't seem to fit next to Noah on offense... the floor spacing isn't very good with those 2, and he doesn't fit Thib's philosophy of defense.

fadedmario
05-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Watching Rose suck

JamaicanYouth
05-27-2011, 12:29 AM
not only boozer and korver, did everyone forget about how much of a non factor noah was after game 1?

airforceones25
05-27-2011, 12:30 AM
D-Will > Rose

29$JerZ
05-27-2011, 12:32 AM
Bosh/Amar'e > Boozer

DoMeFavors
05-27-2011, 12:35 AM
With all the cap space Bulls had they could have had Amare a much better pf.
Boozer was so over paid.

Il Mago50
Boozer needs to grow a few inches and become a better player while learning to create for himself. The Bulls need OJ Mayo and a scoring sixth man who doesn't rely purely on his jumper like Korver. Someone like a Jamal Crawford wouldn't be bad either.

Fnom11
Same place he's been his whole career.

Lucky Junior
05-27-2011, 12:41 AM
I've said from the beginning... instead of going all out trying to get Lebron and Wade... two players who I thought would lead to you having to trade Rose and Deng... that they should of been going after Stoudmire and Bosh hard! I know they went after Bosh, but he never seemed like there first choice. If they get a SG (Shannon Brown, JR Smith, Ray Allen) were all available, and one of the PFs I just mentioned I think they win the championship this year, and next.

Bulls made the mistake and I honestly, don't think they will win a championship for another decade. The Lakers, Heat, and Thunder will all improve... and the Bulls will be the 4th best team in the league next year.

BaddNewz
05-27-2011, 12:43 AM
On the trading block?

Master Mind
05-27-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't want to say that you guys got fooled into signing Boozer but....you guys got fooled...

Hopefully he earns his contract next season

BarackObama
05-27-2011, 12:49 AM
Isn't it obvious? David Stern and the refs told him to only score 5 points.

itsripcity32
05-27-2011, 12:53 AM
overpaid

Mrphilly
05-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Its funny that some poeople thought that the boozer signing was better for Chi, than Bosh or Lebron.

DeyAce
05-27-2011, 12:56 AM
On the trading block?

:pray:

Master Mind
05-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Its funny that some poeople thought that the boozer signing was better for Chi, than Bosh or Lebron.

Right!

TheHighLife
05-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Bosh didnt do anything to Boozer, he just cant make a shot. Look how he shoots, it's ridiculous.

cubswin25
05-27-2011, 01:09 AM
Boozer was very inconsistent this post season. He had some very good games like game 3 and 4, but he also had games were he disappeared like tonight. Too be fair though, Boozer only got 6 shots tonight. So it's not all his fault that the Bulls stopped going to him. After back to back 26 and 20 point games, you would have thought they would have went to him more. But Taj was playing well tonight, so they stuck with him longer. So like I said Boozer has been inconsistent this post season, but it's not all his fault either. He averaged 13 ppg getting under 12 shots per game. Last post season when he was averaging 19.7 PPG he averaged 17 shots per game. So part of the reason why his scoring dropped is 5 less shots per game. But it's also partly his fault too, because he had games were he shot very poorly. But if he's averaging 17 shots per game again. He's likely averaging a lot closer to 17 PPG then, 13. So the drop off isn't as bad as it appears.

Yunqn
05-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Like i said before.. I love jo but if we could package booz and jo to surely get us dwight.. Then im wit it..

Only people who have no awareness of the game and the rosters will say rose shouldve been superman and made every shot.. One question for those cl

kenzo400
05-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Chicago would have been much better if they pulled that Melo deal. Noah is a good player, but they wouldn't have had as many offensive problems with Melo on their team. They really should have pulled that trade.

Slimsim
05-27-2011, 01:22 AM
I think BUlls Would be better if they went for AMare. Amare actually step his game up when it matter most. Boozer on the other hand has always disappear in the playoffs and seeing him on the bench clapping and cheering while Taj and a 50 year old Kurt Thomas trying to close out the game is very depressing if I'm a bulls fan. But the media would be more focus on rose than boozer who was suppose to be 1 of the big signing in 2010.

kenzo400
05-27-2011, 01:23 AM
I think BUlls Would be better if they went for AMare. Amare actually step his game up when it matter most. Boozer on the other hand has always disappear in the playoffs and seeing him on the bench clapping and cheering while Taj and a 50 year old Kurt Thomas trying to close out the game is very depressing if I'm a bulls fan. But the media would be more focus on rose than boozer who was suppose to be 1 of the big signing in 2010.

Amare has terrible defense. They definetly would have suffered on low post defense with him playing.

THE GIPPER
05-27-2011, 01:25 AM
taj>boozer. his D just stright up sucks.

Yunqn
05-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Like i said before.. I love jo but if we could package booz and jo to surely get us dwight.. Then im wit it..

Only people who have no awareness of the game and the rosters will say rose shouldve been superman and made every shot.. One question for those clowns ..

Who else stepped up? Lu stepped up only 1 and a half games because of foul trouble for this one..

Boozer? Really?

Yes we shouldve won this game but if anyone seen the game they saw how we had a 11 point lead taken away by bullsh*t calls.. 4 free throw trips in less than a minute all on back to back possesions and then the acting of lebron..

At the end of the day.. To be realistic.. Who thought we would be this good with bogans starting? Boozer and noah both missing 20 games? Kurt thomas at the start of the season was suppose to be a locker room guy.. A team that was just put together with a bunch of role players and a half of a sidekick?..

I can only imagine how serious rose is goina take this offseason..

Slimsim
05-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Amare has terrible defense. They definetly would have suffered on low post defense with him playing.

Funny they lost because of the lack of offense. Amare may not be a strong defender but he makes up for it by being a Elite scorer. And i think Amare would be a better Defender playing under thibs.

Rain 816
05-27-2011, 01:30 AM
With all the cap space Bulls had they could have had Amare a much better pf.
Boozer was so over paid.

David Lee was avalible and much cheaper too

Raph12
05-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Where was Boozer? Maybe he was watching his PG take 25+shots a night, something he never saw in Utah (DWill only shot 25+shots once in his career [this season])... Like the rest of the Bulls roster.

Slimsim
05-27-2011, 01:31 AM
David Lee was avalible and much cheaper too

Holy **** i forgot about david lee is he still in the NBA ?

Yunqn
05-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Chicago would have been much better if they pulled that Melo deal. Noah is a good player, but they wouldn't have had as many offensive problems with Melo on their team. They really should have pulled that trade.

Your kidding right?

Because lu wouldve had to be in the deal..

I hope your not serious..

And knowin thibs.. As soon as word got to him about that deal he probably laugh and asked garpax if they were jokin too.. Melo isnt goin to amount to nuttin in ny but more exposure..

Exposure = nothing

pd1dish
05-27-2011, 01:37 AM
Deron Williams made him look a lot better, ive never seen a guy thats paid 85 million not even finish the game. Thibbs hates him.

Boozer didnt play like this in the regular season. he played on par for the regular season, but he was horrible in the playoffs. when a 17 and 10 guy pretty much has no production in this series, and hes your #2/3 option, you cant expect to win.

not to mention that his defense is atrocious. thats why Thibs doesnt like to play him.

Yunqn
05-27-2011, 01:39 AM
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP BRINGING UP AMARE? THE BULLS PAID BOOZER 25 MILLION LESS. THATS WHY. WE WERE ABLE TO FILL MORE NEEDS. THATS HOW YOU CAN TELL PEOPLE EITHER HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT ACTUALLY WENT ON OR JUST ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO LOOK BACK AND SAY I TOLD YOU SO ALL OF A SUDDEN..

But go head and kick us while were down.. It shows how psd'rs are anyway.. Its after you fall or after you win people act like they predicted it.. Fake ***** people

SeoulBeatz
05-27-2011, 01:41 AM
His defense is unbelievably bad. He just can't move laterally on D, even though he seems to be agile at times on offense.

doesnt really make sense to me, but he doesn't fit in chicago. they just need a wing scorer who can take the pressure off rose and they're set!

DoMeFavors
05-27-2011, 01:41 AM
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP BRINGING UP AMARE? THE BULLS PAID BOOZER 25 MILLION LESS. THATS WHY. WE WERE ABLE TO FILL MORE NEEDS. THATS HOW YOU CAN TELL PEOPLE EITHER HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT ACTUALLY WENT ON OR JUST ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO LOOK BACK AND SAY I TOLD YOU SO ALL OF A SUDDEN..

But go head and kick us while were down.. It shows how psd'rs are anyway.. Its after you fall or after you win people act like they predicted it.. Fake ***** people

actually only 15 million less

Yunqn
05-27-2011, 01:42 AM
Where was Boozer? Maybe he was watching his PG take 25+shots a night, something he never saw in Utah (DWill only shot 25+shots once in his career [this season])... Like the rest of the Bulls roster.

I cant stop laughing -_-

Who was suppose to score against the 2nd best defense..

Noah?bogans?brewer? Or loozer?

kenzo400
05-27-2011, 01:44 AM
Funny they lost because of the lack of offense. Amare may not be a strong defender but he makes up for it by being a Elite scorer. And i think Amare would be a better Defender playing under thibs.

Yes but his defense would have hurt them on the other end. At the same time Miami played pretty good interior defense, which is another reason for Boozers struggles. Amare would not have neccesarily dominated.

Afridi786
omg i never imagined a 20/10 guy could be this bad, kinda like Zach Randolph back in the day but worse.

cbs134679
Bulls should have signed mcgrady, atleast he could have gave them another guy that can create besides rose.

kenzo400
05-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Your kidding right?

Because lu wouldve had to be in the deal..

I hope your not serious..

And knowin thibs.. As soon as word got to him about that deal he probably laugh and asked garpax if they were jokin too.. Melo isnt goin to amount to nuttin in ny but more exposure..

Exposure = nothing

His play says differentely. I'm pretty sure most would agree that he is one of the most talented offensive players in the league.

JC_
05-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Boozer didnt play like this in the regular season. he played on par for the regular season, but he was horrible in the playoffs. when a 17 and 10 guy pretty much has no production in this series, and hes your #2/3 option, you cant expect to win.

not to mention that his defense is atrocious. thats why Thibs doesnt like to play him.

I think the Bulls are a lot better than they played in those last few games. Miami has an insane amount of mental toughness and puts so much pressure on you at the right times but to me the Bulls have a more complete team and if they were just a bit more prepared mentally this could have easily been a 7 game series.

what54!?
05-27-2011, 01:46 AM
boozer struggles against players taller than him..........thats been known shince his Utah days

Yunqn
05-27-2011, 01:48 AM
actually only 15 million less

You sure?

Amare got a 100 millon contract.. Boozer got a 74 with incen. To make it 80 something.. Im not a 100 percent sure.. But i dont regret the signing though And wont.. He just didnt step up.. I wont bash him that much after his worst because you dont wait to they fail to do so.... And if it doesnt work its easier to move him then amare when there older..

Giraffes Rule
05-27-2011, 01:48 AM
Wasn't Carlos Boozer hurt this whole time? His defense has never been good, but that turf toe could have slowed him down a bit.

Yunqn
05-27-2011, 01:55 AM
His play says differentely. I'm pretty sure most would agree that he is one of the most talented offensive players in the league.

I hope your not bulls fan.. I am and i been one.. Its in the family..

And carmelo is overrated as a player.. Good scorer but if dantoni hates his defense then idk what to say.. We give away two all defensive shouldve been 1st and 2nd teamers for a guy who cant score efficiently .. Mind you they also wanted a pick.. -_- .. New York was fine without him and should've went for deron if they knew..

ChoKago
05-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Remember this number: 9.8.

It's NOT the number of times I'll dunk on you

It's NOT the time left on the shot clock

It's NOT how many blocks I'll get

It's NOT how many times I will beat you,

But it WILL be my shooting % in the 4th quarter

DoMeFavors
05-27-2011, 02:02 AM
You sure?

Amare got a 100 millon contract.. Boozer got a 74 with incen. To make it 80 something.. Im not a 100 percent sure.. But i dont regret the signing though And wont.. He just didnt step up.. I wont bash him that much after his worst because you dont wait to they fail to do so.... And if it doesnt work its easier to move him then amare when there older..

I thought he got 85 million.

JB0B0
05-27-2011, 02:03 AM
He had a turf toe but still should have played better. I don't think Amare would have made a difference in this series

Raph12
05-27-2011, 02:03 AM
I cant stop laughing -_-

Who was suppose to score against the 2nd best defense..

Noah?bogans?brewer? Or loozer?

Deng and Boozer (although inconsistent) both played better than Rose in this series

Taj and Brewer should've gotten more playing time

Noah = overrated

Rose needs to stop shooting when he can't shoot 35FG%-23.3THR%

Any 1st option can score 23ppg with that type of efficiency

You can continue laughing but until Rose can get considerably better, the idea of the Bulls beating a complete team like Miami is laughable

John Walls Era
05-27-2011, 02:04 AM
He was trying his best to think of more things to say to Bosh.

lebronfan93
05-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Can we take away Gar Foreman's CO-Exec of the Year title now?

cubswin25
05-27-2011, 02:40 AM
You can continue laughing but until Rose can get considerably better, the idea of the Bulls beating a complete team like Miami is laughable

It's not all on Rose though, he's shooting that much because he's the only one who could create his own shot. Especially against a good defensive team where he's taking a lot of tough shots. If Rose had a real SG next to him who could create his own shot and score the ball consistently. Rose would shoot less and get much better shots. Because a lot of the other guys offense is off passing well. But against the Heat you can't pass the ball around too much, because they create turnovers and it leads to easy fast break points. So you need either one more player who have the ball in his hands and create offense. Or Rose needed his shooters like Korver or Bogans shooting the ball really well to create space. But when you have neither it leaves Rose going up against 2 or sometimes 3 defenders who had size and quickness. While being the main option on offense and trying to score enough points to keep his team in the game. Since nobody else could create much on their own. Either way this series showed how close the Bulls are, they just need a little more offense and it will be addressed this off season. Because if they had another guy who could score in the final 3 minutes of these games. Well it's a totally different series, but Rose could only do so much as the only option to create offense.

MR.TRIPDUB
05-27-2011, 02:46 AM
The bulls are already a great defensive team what they lack is in offense whi h is what boozer provides. He should be set up more and thats the pg's job. Boozer has already proven to be an effective scorer thoughout his career and everyone knows his defense is crappy. They should have given him more oppurtunities to score because thats the reason they signed him. Sometimes good offense is your best defense. Attack bosh so he would be tired on the offensive end or get him in foul trouble. Thibs and rose gave up on him to early, did he really expected rose to beat 3 stars. Boozer was the key reason they lost only because he was under utilyzed.

theLgndKllr35
05-27-2011, 02:49 AM

Why the hell would anyone trade for that contract after what they saw against Miami this series.

Chronz
05-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Not having Deron Williams to make him look great happened

THIS

I think the lack of a creator and distributor hurt him, he was forced to create more on his own when that has never really been his game.

Chronz
05-27-2011, 03:02 AM
Double post

theSPECIALKID
05-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Boozer was terrible but he was obviously hurt. He's not this bad. Rose set him up plenty of times and he got his stuff swatted. Noah also hasn't looked the same since that thumb injury.

12evolution 9
05-27-2011, 03:21 AM
Boozer wasnt consistent, and his defense against pick and roll sometimes sluggish...

WHODAT8o8
05-27-2011, 03:31 AM
He was at MIA. get it? Stupid I know haha

DetroitRipCity
05-27-2011, 06:24 AM

What happened to Boozer?

he was sitting on the bench counting his money

Reversed86Curse
05-27-2011, 07:49 AM

What happened to Boozer?

Boozer is overrated. I for one wasn't surprised

GiantsSwaGG
05-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Boozer sucks simple as that

TO to the CHI
05-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Honestly, the disappearance of Boozer and Noah in the Heat series was by far the most frustrating thing to watch. Rose had a tough series for sure, but there was no one helping him and that was largely cause those guys just disappeared. Moreover, you can expect Rose to work hard and get better (or at least not regress). I am not sure what can be hoped for from Boozer going forward. I hope he puts his nose to the grindstone and works on getting into better shape and health, but I have some concerns about his role on the Bulls for sure.

nothappyinut
05-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Boozer always and I mean always sucks when it counts the most. And I any bulls fans thought he'd be good on defense then you clearly only look at basic stats and have never seen him play for the jazz. There was a reason why the jazz never offered him anything and you guys got to see it first hand. Boozer is a good reg season player crappy post season player. He gets injured alot and his defense is a liability

Greet
05-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Anyone else think that Boozer playing terrible, some of the blame for that could be on Rose.

Boozer was a 20/10 guy last year when he was with Deron, who is a true PG.

Hellcrooner
05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
uh i think ive heard this before somwhere...fanboys of one teams player putting the blame on some other player....

69centers
05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Boozer has never been a superb playoff performer. Solid stats all around in regular season and decent in the playoffs, but he never seems to come up with huge plays for his team in the playoffs. He's just not a guy who goes out on the court in big games and seizes the moment.

mikealike305
05-27-2011, 09:31 AM
boozer was bad, but bashing and blame still go to Rose imo.
boozer isnt the MVP, Rose is. and Rose didnt play like it since game 1.

Sly Guy
05-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Booz kept getting himself into foul trouble. It was like he was caught trying to be the tuff guy when they needed him for his scoring on the other end.

Byronicle
05-27-2011, 09:39 AM
i really didn't understand why boozer was in there. they played way better basketball during the season when he was injured. kurt thomas is much better defensively and taj is a beast

eugene
05-27-2011, 09:42 AM
yeah but who would like to have him on a roster with his salary?

hugepatsfan
05-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Anyone else think that Boozer playing terrible, some of the blame for that could be on Rose.

I agree and disagree. I think it's more a stylistic clash. I don't think they fit each other like Deron and Boozer. That doesn't mean that blame goes to Rose though. Not every player was meant to play together. Rose and/or Boozer are going to have to make some adjustments to their games this summer IMO. Boozer needs to become better at creating his own shot (post moves) and not relying as heavily on PnR. Rose needs to become a better passer and do a better job of not just getting assists from passing to open guys, but actually creating those open shots for them.

twoearl
05-27-2011, 09:45 AM

Uh oh, you just mentioned the elephant in the room. Great, great, great point sir. Drose is great but I will say Boozer looked much better playing with Deron that Rose.

eugene
05-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Does anybody feel like Boozer is not the best suit for Bulls style of play? Bulls acquired Boozer for this mystical "low post presence" but this is just not working for them... Furthermore he is the guy with very limited defensive capability which is not working once again in Thib's schemes.

Hellcrooner
05-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Roses fans want Boozer Out

Kobes fans want Pau Out

Great matching and timing?????

flclfanman
05-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Roses fans want Boozer Out

Kobes fans want Pau Out

Great matching and timing?????

I was thinking the same thing.

I'd take that trade in a Heartbeat

AntiG
05-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Boozer is terrible.

Cool007
05-27-2011, 10:38 AM
So Boozer's struggles is being blamed on Rose now??? This guy can't even make layups now. Rose had like 10 passes to him where he either wasn't ready or was just too timid out there.

How many easy shots did he miss these playoffs??? How many of them he got blocked by Joel and LeBron etc???

Those are not Rose's fault. Amare is still doing whatever he did with suns and now doing as good, if not better in NY. The players who can play, they can play with anyone and on any team. The good players don't need someone else to make them better.

Boozer has played pathetic because he IS pathetic. I wanted Amare on Bulls (for last few years now) - even though he had injury concerns and a bigger contract but I rather pay someone a bit more that can actually play.

Rose and Amare together would have been a totally different series.

daleja424
05-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Boozer played BIG TIME in games 3 and 4....and Rose didn't...and the Bulls lost.

You cannot reasonably expect Boozer to get 20 and 10 every night... you just can't... but even when he did it wasn't enough without rose taking over... and he didnt

(for the record... this was Boozer's best series IMO)

Pinrod33
05-27-2011, 10:47 AM
All I'm asking is where are all the people that said the Heat couldn't hang with the bulls' depth and bench, and now are excusing the series defeat on the fact that it was Rose against 5 and he got no help.

About Boozer though, I'll be honest and say that I was perfectly ok with Riley picking up Boozer when those rumors were going around, and I am SUPER happy that didn't happen. I can also be honest and say that I watched maybe 5 Utah games while he was there and was only basing my thoughts on the stat sheet, which doesn't always say the whole story. I guess D-Will had a lot to do with his success.

A bit of a tangent, but I love me some D-Will, and this just goes to solidify that even more. I think New York should have definitely gone after him instead of Melo. I think the nets made a hell of a move to get him, and I think I might catch myself keeping up with the Nets next season. I really like how that team is coming together, and I would love to see them take away the New York limelight from the crap ***** Knicks (haha, sorry had to do it)

Mr.ATLHawks
05-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Im sick of the Rose bashing as well. Rose did what he had to do which is shoot. When you are surrounded by sub par offensive weapons you have to shoot. He's never beenj a great shooter so who is really surprised here? Miami clogged the lane...made him a jump shooter and when he did make it to the lane he had 4 people flying at him..

But back to the subject...I still think Joe Johnson was the worst offseason signing but Boozer has always been over rated. Bulls would have been better to go with Taj/Sheik then waste the cap space on this clown. Nobody wants this guy as he is already getting up there in age. I would say maybe Lakers but they arent that stupid. Orlando wont trade for this clown either as the Lakers package will be alot more enticing with Gasol or Bynum in the mix...Im sitting here trying to think of a possibility for a trade but I cant think of any...

showtym24
05-27-2011, 10:50 AM
He was where he is every playoffs. Suckin ***. Ask jazz fans. He stuggles against taller more talented bigs. Pau, Odom, Bosh..

showtym24
05-27-2011, 10:53 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

I'd take that trade in a Heartbeat

No thanks. :cool:

Car Ramrod
05-27-2011, 10:53 AM
When Rose decides he is going to score he gets tunnel vision for the basket. But to be honest have his teammates really given him any reason not too?

Boozer has always been overrated and injury prone. Utah couldn't wait to get rid of him. Yes the Bulls had money to spend in the offseason but I don't really think their season changes much without him. He missed half of it anyway.

Rose will be better next year, especially if he gets a trustable scoring option to pass to.

Chill_Will_24
05-27-2011, 11:02 AM
So Boozer's struggles is being blamed on Rose now??? This guy can't even make layups now. Rose had like 10 passes to him where he either wasn't ready or was just too timid out there.

How many easy shots did he miss these playoffs??? How many of them he got blocked by Joel and LeBron etc???

Those are not Rose's fault. Amare is still doing whatever he did with suns and now doing as good, if not better in NY. The players who can play, they can play with anyone and on any team. The good players don't need someone else to make them better.

Boozer has played pathetic because he IS pathetic. I wanted Amare on Bulls (for last few years now) - even though he had injury concerns and a bigger contract but I rather pay someone a bit more that can actually play.

Rose and Amare together would have been a totally different series.

Rose did a horrible job playmaking. Just face it. You can say "oh well he passed it to him a lot but Boozer sucks" but Rose is not a very accurate passer. The reason Paul, Deron, Kidd, and Nash are such great passers is because they make the effort to get their teammates the ball in the right spots. Deron was given an interview after he got traded and one of the first things he spoke of was learning his teammates' sweet spots and tendencies so that he could get them the ball at the perfect time at the perfect spot and in the right position. Now go and look at the NJ players stats once Deron Williams got there. No really! Look! Its mind blowing how good that guy is, injured wrist and all.

When i watch Rose make passes i literally cringe cuz not only is it always a turnover risk but its almost never a pin point pass meaning his teammate usually fumbles the ball or catches it in a horrible position.

MagicBucsSox
05-27-2011, 11:03 AM
No it's not enough "rose bashing" , I watched the last 6 months 309 threads about how rose is so great , to "today rose eat waffles" etc etc. It's not bashing it's called "welcome to the spotlight"

LA_Raiders
05-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Great season Bulls. I agree. Where was Booz? I think they need to trade him for a josh smith....

Mr.ATLHawks
05-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Rose did a horrible job playmaking. Just face it. You can say "oh well he passed it to him a lot but Boozer sucks" but Rose is not a very accurate passer. The reason Paul, Deron, Kidd, and Nash are such great passers is because they make the effort to get their teammates the ball in the right spots. Deron was given an interview after he got traded and one of the first things he spoke of was learning his teammates' sweet spots and tendencies so that he could get them the ball at the perfect time at the perfect spot and in the right position. Now go and look at the NJ players stats once Deron Williams got there. No really! Look! Its mind blowing how good that guy is, injured wrist and all.

When i watch Rose make passes i literally cringe cuz not only is it always a turnover risk but its almost never a pin point pass meaning his teammate usually fumbles the ball or catches it in a horrible position.

I would agree with this. Lets not forget that Rose really is a converted 2 guard, similar to Russell Westbrook, Monta Ellis, Jason Terry...these guys arent made to be playmakers they are made to score, but I think Rose has made incredible strides since his rookie season to improve on his passing..

Mr.ATLHawks
05-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Great season Bulls. I agree. Where was Booz? I think they need to trade him for a josh smith....

Ha! Yeah right....they only wish ATL will never do that, NEVER, Josh Smith is a hometown boy and is untouchable.

Mile High Champ
05-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Somehow Rose managed to get one more thread this year despite the fact that his team was just eliminated..lol.

With that being said, Rose had a terrific run in the post season. He showed me things, I had no idea he was capable of. It is too bad that Boozer did not step up like he could. IN the end though, don't blame just one player, it took a whole team effort to lose the series.

ChitownSports16
05-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Ha! Yeah right....they only wish ATL will never do that, NEVER, Josh Smith is a hometown boy and is untouchable.

Not that I would want Smith the dude is NOT untouchable...

blahblahyoutoo
05-27-2011, 11:12 AM
the bulls as a whole are overrated.
rose is the only guy that gives opponents problems. lock him down on D and gg.

Mile High Champ
05-27-2011, 11:13 AM
the bulls as a whole are overrated.
rose is the only guy that gives opponents problems. lock him down on D and gg.

How do you finish with the best record in the east and be overrated? Come on man, no reason to start hating.

Lo Porto
05-27-2011, 11:15 AM
If you've ever watched Boozer, you should have seen this coming. He's a good player, but relying on him as the 2nd best player is a gamble that rarely pays off. He's a below average defender with a very streaky offensive game.

Frantico
05-27-2011, 11:28 AM
As most Jazz fans will tell you... The guy is close to being useless in the playoffs. When the Bulls signed him with that ridiculous contract, I'm sure most Jazz fans said... Good luck Chicago, now you'll see what he's all about: injuries, laziness, excuses, etc...

I will predict this... Unless the Bulls pick up another all-star caliber player at some point, a number one option before Rose really, they will NEVER win a championship with Boozer. He should be the third or forth scoring option. And he should probably not be on the court in the final minutes, because let's face it... the guy can't play defense.

BIG mistake on Chicago's part. Even Bosh would have been a better pick up than Loozer.

Jkid56
05-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Can already hear the call from Bulls fans for Boozers head....oh wait, it has already started! :D

Pinrod33
05-27-2011, 11:44 AM
How do you finish with the best record in the east and be overrated? Come on man, no reason to start hating.

Sorry I get to say something, because I called it from before. I know, everyone is saying that right now, but feel free to check out my previous posts. It was either here or on twitter. I have always said the Bulls were a regular season champ, and had the makings of an early exit in the playoffs. Lucky for them, they had an easy path to the conference finals. They would have either barely beat, or lost to Philly, definitely would have lost to Boston, and probably would have even had a hard time beating N.Y., too.

I never thought they "earned" the 1st seed, even though they got it. I just felt that they blew their load in the regular season and looked so good because they were playing at their absolute max level half way through the season, while the other teams were still getting their ish together.

With that said, I think Rose's jump shot will get better, and as long as they find the right compliments to his game, the bulls will be a good team. It sucked for you guys that Korver disappeared against the Heat, because they really needed his shooting, and well I hate to say "I told you so", but Noah is garbage and I have said that for forever. He's a good high energy backup that is being asked to be more than he is. Boozer really disappointed.

dikimbemutumbo
05-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I feel like I am the only person on here who realizes that Boozer was playing with torn ligaments in his foot. The torn ligament news came out against the hawks. Torn ligaments do not heal in 2 weeks, especially if youve been playing basketball on them. Booz had no lift, his jumping was effected, as was the height of his jumpshot release. This caused him to alter his shot to have more arch to prevent being blocked, and any time you change your shot rapidly, it is troublesome. He is poor defensively, and not as good as Bosh or Boozer, but the guy is still and all star caliber player when healthy. He was playing hurt, so get off his back a little. Rose shot atrociously and gets credit for putting points up (granted, im not to upset with him either, because he was doing it alone).

ATX
05-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Rose definitely deserves some blame. In games 2-5 his 4th quarter shooting was 0-4, 1-2, 1-8, 2-9. That's an abysmal 17% shooting in the clutch, and that's from your leagues MVP. Anyways, Boozer calling Miami the Big 2 and disrespecting Bosh was just stupid, as Bosh owned Boozer in the series. Boozer was invisible in game 5, shooting just 1-6 for 5 points. Boozer also hurt his team in critical junctures with his flagrant fouls. Last night's forearm across LeBron's face was a not only dangerous and bush, but served as motivation for Miami.

justinnum1
05-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Boozer continually lit a fire under miami, first saying 2 great players than with the flagrants. Bulls probably are hoping for some type of amnesty clause in the next cba. That contract is brutal

t_money25
05-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Jazz fans have been screaming this about Boozer for years. He dissapers at the moments when his team needs him most.....good player but just way too inconsistent.

Frantico
05-27-2011, 12:24 PM
I feel like I am the only person on here who realizes that Boozer was playing with torn ligaments in his foot. The torn ligament news came out against the hawks. Torn ligaments do not heal in 2 weeks, especially if youve been playing basketball on them. Booz had no lift, his jumping was effected, as was the height of his jumpshot release. This caused him to alter his shot to have more arch to prevent being blocked, and any time you change your shot rapidly, it is troublesome. He is poor defensively, and not as good as Bosh or Boozer, but the guy is still and all star caliber player when healthy. He was playing hurt, so get off his back a little. Rose shot atrociously and gets credit for putting points up (granted, im not to upset with him either, because he was doing it alone).

Right, Boozer = injuries. Always has, always will be. You're probably screwed for years Chicago.

futureman
05-27-2011, 12:42 PM
There was a reason we didn't resign him. I'm glad Utah refused to give him a max contract because I'm sure they could see this coming. Boozer is now the albitross of the Chicago Bulls. The player they wanted oh so badly. How bad do you want him now?

Cool007
05-27-2011, 01:13 PM

So Rose averaged 30ppg and 10apg the series before by an accident???

You guys are amazing. Find anyway you can to prop up Deron while diminishing what Rose has done.

tbomlad
05-27-2011, 01:28 PM
He was in class with Professor Bosh.

Chi StateOfMind
05-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Terrible. Didn't even finish the game. If I was him that would make me want to go out and go off. Everytime he went he was getting his shots destroyed by James & Co. Bad offseason move to me hopefully he's gone b/c Taj is going to get better and his "D" is a million times better.

Big Game Son
05-27-2011, 01:49 PM
More like...where the **** was either teams offense the entire series?

Kashmir13579
05-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Boozer benefits from playing with a great point guard. He should demand a trade to the Hornets.

Chronz
05-27-2011, 02:47 PM
So Boozer's struggles is being blamed on Rose now???
Now? Ive pointed out the key changes in Boozers game alongside Rose for the past few months. The Bulls have the personnel to run the flex full time and play a motion based game, but they lack the distributor to excel in that system so they play to their best players strengths. Which isnt wrong, but you cannot deny has an adverse effect on this particular player. Like someone said earlier, not every player was meant to play alongside another.

When the Bulls got Boozer all you heard was about how they FINALLY landed a go to low post scorer, except that Boozer has NEVER been that guy.

Chill_Will_24
05-27-2011, 05:15 PM

Maybe its time to change your sig :D Even thou its true...

Chill_Will_24
05-27-2011, 05:26 PM
So Rose averaged 30ppg and 10apg the series before by an accident???

You guys are amazing. Find anyway you can to prop up Deron while diminishing what Rose has done.

Im propping great passers, not just Deron. Rose is not a great playmaker and i have been saying this for too long. He is Allen Iverson 2.0 with a lesser jumper. Its not a knock on him as Allen was one of my fav players. Its just that Rose failed at elevating his teammates like Paul or Deron would've.

And by the way bringing up per game statistics does nothing to prove your point cuz ATL wasnt a good defensive team. To beat a great defensive team you need a true playmaker that can find distribute the ball and make plays. Not a guy that will just chuck all night with his excuse being "If i dont take the shot, who will?"... uhhh if you dont do a good job playmaking and creating looks for your team (which is your job as the MVP, superstar pg that ppl claim you are) how can you expect your team to score?

yea having an sg that could create for himself would have helped but not THAT much if the offense is always running thru a pg that struggles passing the ball

0nekhmer
05-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Rose PG ability exposed
Boozer couldn't do what Amare did. nuff said

Catfish1314
05-27-2011, 05:34 PM
He rebounded pretty well. But his offense was never there. I know he was injured but he wasn't THAT injured.

SportsFanatic10
05-27-2011, 05:37 PM
i think this series clearly answered the question of is boozer better than bosh? lol. i remember some bulls fans saying they wouldn't take bosh over boozer before the series and i got a good laugh out of it. bosh doesn't have the injury issues and is younger as well and he's better plain and simple. he is also actually the anchor of the heats pick and roll defense which many people don't realize.

Tony_Starks
05-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I think Boozer has officially taken the title from Vince Carter of "half man, half a season." I mean injuries are part of the game but this guy is habitually hurt every single year and seems to never be quite right come playoff time.

Not to mention his cheap shot on Lebron that woke the Heat up and made them decide to actually win the game....

Mr.ATLHawks
05-27-2011, 06:26 PM

LOL if you wouldnt take Josh Smith over Carlos Boozer then you're a moron. When it comes to talking about Boozer for Josh Smith then yes he's untouchable..Chris Paul? Maybe not so untouchable..get it?

Mr.ATLHawks
05-27-2011, 06:28 PM

When does Turf Toe become torn ligaments?

ramsizzle
05-27-2011, 06:30 PM
When does Turf Toe become torn ligaments?

Turf toe is torn ligaments isn't it?

MelkyNYY
05-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Rose is the MVP. Blame is rightfully his.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Turf toe is torn ligaments isn't it?
No..

"Turf toe is a surface level condition characterized by a painful, red, swollen great toe caused by acute inflammation of the tendons on both the dorsal and plantar surfaces"

ramsizzle
05-27-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it was reported there were torn ligaments in his big toe.

dikimbemutumbo
06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it was reported there were torn ligaments in his big toe.

Grade II Tear
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-05-07/sports/ct-spt-0508-bits-bulls-hawks-chicago-20110507_1_turf-toe-bulls-power-joe-johnson