PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Vs Heat

Pages : 1 [2]

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 05:26 PM
06' Haslem guarded him just fine to some of the worst shooting % in dirks post season career.

Bosh is avg close to 20 and 10 as a 3rd option dirks production is higher but not as far off as u claim and dirk is thier first option. Bosh is not far off as u claim him to be. And :facepalm: at ur last sentence

If your gonna base it off of one series then fine two can play that game. LeBron isn't good because he had a horrible series in which he got swept by the Spurs. See how idiotic it sounds?

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2011, 05:27 PM
lets do match ups.

kidd >> bibby
wade >> terry
lebron >> marion
dirk >> bosh
chandler >> haslem

its going to be a great series.

Let's simplify the math:

3 all-stars and 4 solid role players >> 1 all-star and 7 role players

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Let's simplify the math:

3 all-stars and 2 solid role players >> 1 all-star and 7 role players

Kidd, Chandler and Terry aren't role players.....

netsgiantsyanks
05-29-2011, 05:29 PM
i personally think the mavs get their revenge and take it this year.

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Kidd, Chandler and Terry aren't role players.....

Well, they're certainly not all-stars. And they're closer to being role players than they are to being all-stars. So would "hyper role players" work for you? Or do you prefer "pseudo all-stars"?

smith&wesson
05-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Let's simplify the math:

3 all-stars and 4 solid role players >> 1 all-star and 7 role players

hey all i said was it was going to be a great match up. basket ball is all about match ups thats the only reason i put that up. two complety different teams imo and it will be interesting.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Well, they're certainly not all-stars. And they're closer to being role players than they are to being all-stars. So would "hyper role players" work for you? Or do you prefer "pseudo all-stars"?

Chandler is an All Star capable player as is Kidd. Chandler is atop 3 defensive player in the NBA while Kidd is still the smartest, best passer, best floor tempo PG, best rebounding PG, great three point shooter and very solid defender. Terry is too inconsistent but 15 ppg and nearly 18 ppg in the playoffs is more than a role player. Peja, Barea and Haywood are examples of role players...

Mikeleafs
05-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I hope the Mavs win but lets be realistic here... NO ONE on the Mavs can stop LeBron or Wade...

and Dirk will be SHUT DOWN by LeBron... I say the Heat win in 5 maybe 6 games at most!!!

I WANT the Mavs to win, but the Heat are just too good. Bottom line...

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 05:43 PM
I hope the Mavs win but lets be realistic here... NO ONE on the Mavs can stop LeBron or Wade...

and Dirk will be SHUT DOWN by LeBron... I say the Heat win in 5 maybe 6 games at most!!!

I WANT the Mavs to win, but the Heat are just too good. Bottom line...

How exactly will LeBron shut down Dirk? Can I say Brian Cardinal will shut down LeBron?

ryang
05-29-2011, 05:45 PM
How exactly will LeBron shut down Dirk?Can I say Brian Cardinal will shut down LeBron?

1: its not imposs tough very tough but definetly not imposs..

2: No.. Who?? Lebron is the best defender in this series hands down...

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Chandler is an All Star capable player as is Kidd. Chandler is atop 3 defensive player in the NBA while Kidd is still the smartest, best passer, best floor tempo PG, best rebounding PG, great three point shooter and very solid defender. Terry is too inconsistent but 15 ppg and nearly 18 ppg in the playoffs is more than a role player. Peja, Barea and Haywood are examples of role players...

I agree with most of this, although I think you're certainly overvaluing Chandler and Kidd. To be honest, my "math" above was laced with hyperbole. It was more me trying to make a point about how breaking down individual match-ups can be a precarious (and useless) enterprise than anything else.

That said, most of this conversation has been watered down to the point of debating semantics. You feel Chandler, Kidd, and Terry more closely fit the definition of "all-star" than they do that of "role player," and I simply beg to differ.

Hoopsadvocate
05-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Dirk is the best Power Forward in the game..... He is the most clutch player in the game... He is the best scorer in the game... Jesus Christ you act like Bosh is better than Dirk or even close. He's not...... Please give Dirk some ****ing respect...

Bosh didn't let KG and Boozer do anything to him? Dirk destroys both of them, they are garbage compared to Dirk. Stop overrating Bosh...

Where the HELL did i say bosh is better. All i said is bosh isnt as far away as u claim him to be and the numbers ad to my arguement. Sorry none of those 3 are "garbage" comapred to dirk ur the one who overrating him hes the better of the 4 yes but not by leaps and bounds. He still needs to learn to impact on the defensive end.

because if just his amazing offense makes those guys garbage compared to him then Lebrons offense and defense combined makes dirk look like garbage by ur logic. Which isnt fair at all is it.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 05:50 PM
1: its not imposs tough very tough but definetly not imposs..

2: No.. Who?? Lebron is the best defender in this series hands down...

LeBron is the best player in the game. That said give respect to Dirk, who is a better offensive player than LeBron. LeBron will not do much to Dirk. He may cause him to miss a shot here and there but won't do much. Dirk's best defender is himself. Only he can stop himself from having a big series.

ryang
05-29-2011, 05:51 PM

1:capable but all star he is not.. and kidd well 7 years ago he was come on i know these are your guys but lets not get carried away..

2:He is good on D but against who?? Bibby yes Wade Lebron NO... He is not the best passer (Paul, Rando ect..) Smartest maybe... Floor tempo NO... Rebounding ughhh not going to average 7 to 10 thats for sure... I like Kidd he is still good but he is not the kidd of old..

3: Terry i wont even get started but i will say he is not a starter and he is your best bench player... Thats called a role player... Him coming off the bench is awesome tho i will admit...

Dade County
05-29-2011, 05:51 PM
I guess this is how most of america feel .... smh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-N4W7an7dI

I'm laughing my *** off over here.

Jaji
05-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Can't believe Dallas is winning this. Is the poll asking who do we want to win or who do we think (realistically I presume) will win? Blind hate makes fools :laugh2:.

DoJoTheSlasher
Where the HELL did i say bosh is better. All i said is bosh isnt as far away as u claim him to be and the numbers ad to my arguement. Sorry none of those 3 are "garbage" comapred to dirk ur the one who overrating him hes the better of the 4 yes but not by leaps and bounds. He still needs to learn to impact on the defensive end.

because if just his amazing offense makes those guys garbage compared to him then Lebrons offense and defense combined makes dirk look like garbage by ur logic. Which isnt fair at all is it.

Uhhh since when does Bosh play defense? Bosh isn't a good defender... He gets a pass because he has played for the Heat for 1 year. Dirk has been a Mav for 14 years and Bosh has gotten more respect this 1 year than Dirk has his entire career. Numbers don't have all of the say. Check stats in big games, career playoff stats and clutch situations. Bosh isn't close at all nor ever will he be close.

Hoopsadvocate
How exactly will LeBron shut down Dirk? Can I say Brian Cardinal will shut down LeBron?

:facepalm:

and this si where nobody will take anything u say seriously anymore....

Lebron shut down the MVP and is an all NBA 1st team defensive player and DPOY candidate who is respected by all as a versatile defender. Now i dont think he will shut dirk down but if anyone has a shot at slowing him down Lebron does as hes proven to stop a lot of different type of players.

Meanwhile... Brian Cardinal has none of that aka nobody will take anything u say seriously with outlandish statements like that.

ryang
05-29-2011, 05:54 PM
LeBron is the best player in the game. That said give respect to Dirk, who is a better offensive player than LeBron. LeBron will not do much to Dirk. He may cause him to miss a shot here and there but won't do much. Dirk's best defender is himself. Only he can stop himself from having a big series.

He will not shut dirk down and I give dirk all the props in the world... That being said you have to admit Lebron can cause him more problems then anyone else he has faced so far but I dont want him to guard Dirk once in a while ok... Let Dirk beat Bosh but if bosh can dump 20 + a game well then we will be in good shape...

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 05:55 PM
1:capable but all star he is not.. and kidd well 7 years ago he was come on i know these are your guys but lets not get carried away..

2:He is good on D but against who?? Bibby yes Wade Lebron NO... He is not the best passer (Paul, Rando ect..) Smartest maybe... Floor tempo NO... Rebounding ughhh not going to average 7 to 10 thats for sure... I like Kidd he is still good but he is not the kidd of old..

3: Terry i wont even get started but i will say he is not a starter and he is your best bench player... Thats called a role player... Him coming off the bench is awesome tho i will admit...

Kidd is still a better passer than Rondo. Paul may be better. Floor tempo, absolutely. These playoffs have shown just how good os a POINT GUARD Kidd still is. He is a solid defender on PG-SF. He won't be that great against Bron though. He shut down Durant when he guarded him. What PG avges 7-10 reb though? Kidd can get 5-6 reb a game when most PG get 2-3.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 05:58 PM

and this si where nobody will take anything u say seriously anymore....

Lebron shut down the MVP and is an all NBA 1st team defensive player and DPOY candidate who is respected by all as a versatile defender. Now i dont think he will shut dirk down but if anyone has a shot at slowing him down Lebron does as hes proven to stop a lot of different type of players.

Meanwhile... Brian Cardinal has none of that aka nobody will take anything u say seriously with outlandish statements like that.

Now I know even you will say that Rose was not deserving of the MVP. Dirk is far better than Rose right now. LeBron was much bigger than Rose and if not faster. LeBron is faster than Dirk no doubt but Dirk is bigger and has the most unguardable shot arguably in the game. No one can stop his shot. Sure, Dirk won't be spinning for dunks like he did vs. Ibaka but if you think LeBron is gonna hold Dirk under 25 maybe even 30 ppg then your crazy. LeBron has the potential to be a top 5 player of all time but let's not remember, Dirk is going to be top 20-25 of all time when it's all said and done.

ryang
05-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Uhhh since when does Bosh play defense? Bosh isn't a good defender... He gets a pass because he has played for the Heat for 1 year. Dirk has been a Mav for 14 years and Bosh has gotten more respect this 1 year than Dirk has his entire career. Numbers don't have all of the say. Check stats in big games, career playoff stats and clutch situations. Bosh isn't close at all nor ever will he be close.

Bosh played for the raprtors... How can u compare post season stats?? Bosh will more then likely retire with more rings then Dirk but Dirk is better...

Alls we need is bosh to score consitently and we have the upper hand... I only say this cause Lebron Wade will get theres and i cant remember anybody scoring to often at the power forward position that u have faced thus far...

Kyle N.
05-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Mavs in 5.

ryang
Kidd is still a better passer than Rondo. Paul may be better. Floor tempo, absolutely. These playoffs have shown just how good os a POINT GUARD Kidd still is. He is a solid defender on PG-SF. He won't be that great against Bron though. He shut down Durant when he guarded him. What PG avges 7-10 reb though? Kidd can get 5-6 reb a game when most PG get 2-3.

1: No rando is far superior in the passing department...

2: Dirk is your floor tempo not kidd..

3:He will not average 5 or 6 rebs in this series IMO..

Hoopsadvocate

He has a Defensive rating of 101 in these playoffs this year meanwhile dirk is at 106 which the lower the better becauses its the amount of points allowed per 100 posessions. So while hes is not an elite defender like lebron or howard he is a good defender if he wasnt how the hell is this heat team 2nd best defense in the league to the bulls it cant be all lebron...

And i checked the biggest stat game u guys had in 06 Dirk shot 31% on 13 of 42 shooting. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?page=Nowitzki-110529

ANything else u want me to disprove?

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Bosh played for the raprtors... How can u compare post season stats?? Bosh will more then likely retire with more rings then Dirk but Dirk is better...

Alls we need is bosh to score consitently and we have the upper hand... I only say this cause Lebron Wade will get theres and i cant remember anybody scoring to often at the power forward position that u have faced thus far...

LaMarcus Aldridge and Pau Gasol....

Jaji
05-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Now I know even you will say that Rose was not deserving of the MVP. Dirk is far better than Rose right now. LeBron was much bigger than Rose and if not faster. LeBron is faster than Dirk no doubt but Dirk is bigger and has the most unguardable shot arguably in the game. No one can stop his shot. Sure, Dirk won't be spinning for dunks like he did vs. Ibaka but if you think LeBron is gonna hold Dirk under 25 maybe even 30 ppg then your crazy. LeBron has the potential to be a top 5 player of all time but let's not remember, Dirk is going to be top 20-25 of all time when it's all said and done.

What you're forgetting is that even though Dirk is taller, LeBron is stronger and he jumps really, really high. High enough to affect Dirk's shot assuming he is able to stay in front of him which his foot speed should enable him to do. But I only see LeBron guarding him in crunch time like Rose. Bosh and Haslem can do enough to at least bother him. Its safe to say Haslem shut him down in 06. Problem for Dallas is, they only have Dirk to give nightmares to the defense. Miami has LeBron and D Wade. And Dallas' defense isn't nearly as good as Miami's. So while Dirk will have a harder time than usual dealing with Miami's D, the best he's seen this playoffs, LeBron and Wade will be relieved to see they're not playing a D nearly as good as the last one they faced.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 06:06 PM
He has a Defensive rating of 101 in these playoffs this year meanwhile dirk is at 106 which the lower the better becauses its the amount of points allowed per 100 posessions. So while hes is not an elite defender like lebron or howard he is a good defender if he wasnt how the hell is this heat team 2nd best defense in the league to the bulls it cant be all lebron...

And i checked the biggest stat game u guys had in 06 Dirk shot 31% on 13 of 42 shooting. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?page=Nowitzki-110529

ANything else u want me to disprove?

It's ONE series. LeBron did awful vs. the Spurs in 07. Don't see anyone calling him out for that... ONE SERIES. Check his career playoff stats and if you have the time, check Dirk's stats in ELIMINATION games.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Kidd is still a better passer... Rondo is FLASHIER.

Kidd creates the floor tempo......

He will have a few games where he gets between 6-9 rebounds.

Hoopsadvocate
05-29-2011, 06:09 PM
It's ONE series. LeBron did awful vs. the Spurs in 07. Don't see anyone calling him out for that... ONE SERIES. Check his career playoff stats and if you have the time, check Dirk's stats in ELIMINATION games.

Well ur the one who said to "check his stat in a big games" and the finals seem like pretty big games to me.... If u didnt want to to call u out on it u shouldnt have said it.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Well ur the one who said to "check his stat in a big games" and the finals seem like pretty big games to me.... If u didnt want to to call u out on it u shouldnt have said it.

Well if that's the case no one can call LeBron clutch then.....

ryang
05-29-2011, 06:12 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge and Pau Gasol....

They are both good but I'll take BOSH over either one... unless you want to get stats out then i will say BOSH he has to share with 2 of the top 3 players in the league.. In the playoffs he has outplayed both of those guys easily

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 06:12 PM
They are both good but I'll take BOSH over either one... unless you want to get stats out then i will say BOSH he has to share with 2 of the top 3 players in the league.. In the playoffs he has outplayed both of those guys easily

Yeah I agree but in terms to Dirk, it isn't even close.

Hoopsadvocate
05-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Well if that's the case no one can call LeBron clutch then.....

Point is u said lebron cant stop dirk. meanwhile Haslem already did stop him and lebron is a much better defender in a much more athletic higher iq body. So i dont know how u can say it cant be done when it already has been done by a lesser defender on our team in haslem.

amos1er
Hopefully the refs (especially Bennett Salvatore) don't cheat for the Heat again like they did in 2006.

http://www.ericfolkerth.com/wheneftalks/files/archive-19.html

We all remember how Bennett Salvatore disgraced the game of basketball in game five by essentially handing the game to Wade and the Heat with a last second BS phantom foul call that put the Heat up by one with 2 seconds left.

http://82games.com/game5refs.htm

Then the refs did that BS to take away Dallas' last time out. Wade attempted 25 freethrows in that game alone...the same amount of freethrows that the entire Mavs team attempted. Wade averaged 16 freethrow attempts per game that series...he attempted 19 per game in the final four games of the series...all which were won by Miami BTW. Wade set a NBA finals record for most individual freethrow attempts that year. Hopefully Stern and his henchmen give Dallas a fair crack at it this time around. :facepalm:

ryang
Kidd is still a better passer... Rondo is FLASHIER.

Kidd creates the floor tempo......

He will have a few games where he gets between 6-9 rebounds.

Rando is better stop being a homer.. I hate rando but he can get 15 assist at anytime...

He creates it by passing to dirk and watching him take crazy shots thats not floor tempo thats DIRK...

Kidd will have a few games this series with 6 to 9 rebs got it... We will see BOLD statement tho...

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Rando is better stop being a homer.. I hate rando but he can get 15 assist at anytime...

He creates it by passing to dirk and watching him take crazy shots thats not floor tempo thats DIRK...

Kidd will have a few games this series with 6 to 9 rebs got it... We will see BOLD statement tho...

Rondo is a better player. Saying Kidd is a better passer than ROndo is not being a homer....

ryang
05-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah I agree but in terms to Dirk, it isn't even close.

I never said they are close I said if BOSH can score 20 a game we will have the upper hand... and bosh is very capable of doing so expecially when Dirk has to work alot more for his shot and play more D (Lebron and Wade)

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Point is u said lebron cant stop dirk. meanwhile Haslem already did stop him and lebron is a much better defender in a much more athletic higher iq body. So i dont know how u can say it cant be done when it already has been done by a lesser defender on our team in haslem.

But Dirk is a MUCH better player than back then. Back then he was a top notch All Star. Now he is carving his name with that of LEGENDS.

Jonathan2323
05-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Hopefully the refs (especially Bennett Salvatore) don't cheat for the Heat again like they did in 2006.

http://www.ericfolkerth.com/wheneftalks/files/archive-19.html

We all remember how Bennett Salvatore disgraced the game of basketball in game five by essentially handing the game to Wade and the Heat with a last second BS phantom foul call that put the Heat up by one with 2 seconds left.

http://82games.com/game5refs.htm

Then the refs did that BS to take away Dallas' last time out. Wade attempted 25 freethrows in that game alone...the same amount of freethrows that the entire Mavs team attempted. Wade averaged 16 freethrow attempts per game that series...he attempted 19 per game in the final four games of the series...all which were won by Miami BTW. Wade set a NBA finals record for most individual freethrow attempts that year. Hopefully Stern and his henchmen give Dallas a fair crack at it this time around. :facepalm:

I remember you you said Boston and/or Chicago would destroy the HEAT and they had no chance, now your using the refs as an excuse just in case the HEAT do win it all. Got to love these haters.

ryang
05-29-2011, 06:19 PM
How can u say Kidd is a better passer?? show me something besides your opinion... Stats, other fans, anything... Kidd is old now and doesnt even play enough minutes and if that wasnt the case u wouldnt know who barrea is... Rando averaged more assist's by far this year right??

DoJoTheSlasher
05-29-2011, 06:23 PM
How can u say Kidd is a better passer?? show me something besides your opinion... Stats, other fans, anything... Kidd is old now and doesnt even play enough minutes and if that wasnt the case u wouldnt know who barrea is... Rando averaged more assist's by far this year right??

There are no stats... Rondo averaged 9.8 apg and 3.0 tpg. Kidd averaged 8.2 apg and 2.2 tpg. He averaged less turnovers per game. Besides that, you just have to watch them both. Kidd is a better passer although it is clear we will never resolve this argument.

amos1er
05-29-2011, 06:23 PM
I remember you you said Boston and/or Chicago would destroy the HEAT and they had no chance, now your using the refs as an excuse just in case the HEAT do win it all. Got to love these haters.

I'm not using the refs as an excuse...I'm just saying that it was ****ed up what happened in 2006 to the Mavs...my heart goes out to them because they should have won their first title and instead they were robbed in what was the biggest robbery NBA history. I hope that we don't see Lebron and Wade average 20 FT each per game or some other ridiculous thing that ruins the NBA's integrity; as if it hasn't been ruined enough lately.

ryang
05-29-2011, 06:25 PM
There are no stats... Rondo averaged 9.8 apg and 3.0 tpg. Kidd averaged 8.2 apg and 2.2 tpg. He averaged less turnovers per game. Besides that, you just have to watch them both. Kidd is a better passer although it is clear we will never resolve this argument.

True no end in sight but if you had rando right now id be very nervous thats all not to say we already won or anything

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Man, I still can't believe it's a rematch of 06. This is crazy.

amos1er
05-29-2011, 06:29 PM

Also...Boston would have put up a better fight if Dwyane "The Hitman" Wade didn't injure Rondo. Or if the refs didn't give the first game to Miami. Miami has had the help of the refs the whole way through these playoffs, but nothing to the extent that they did in 2006...Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

NYMetropolitans
05-29-2011, 06:31 PM
No one talks about the quality of opponents that the Mavs have faced as opposed to the Heat.

Heat: Bulls, Sixers, Celtics.

Mavericks: Thunder, Lakers, Blazers.

Then compare the opponents of the opponents of each team that faced the Mavs and Heat (ala the NCAA RPI system). I'm in the minority when I say the Mavs will handle the Heat in 5 or 6 games. "Handling" them in 6 wouldn't really be handling but with all this hype around the Heat I think it would still be impressive.

ryang
05-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Also...Boston would have put up a better fight if Dwyane "The Hitman" Wade didn't injure Rondo. Or if the refs didn't give the first game to Miami. Miami has had the help of the refs the whole way through these playoffs, but nothing to the extent that they did in 2006...Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

We have had the help of the refs?? keep hating give me a break... lebron and wade = alot of fouls... They also dont get alot of calls like they did when they were alone cause if they did you would jump of a roof when it comes to refs

FriedTofuz
05-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Miami in 6. If the heats defense locks down dirk, its all over.

Skins4Life
05-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Let it began....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdluT_DOxw

amos1er
05-29-2011, 06:40 PM
We have had the help of the refs?? keep hating give me a break... lebron and wade = alot of fouls... They also dont get alot of calls like they did when they were alone cause if they did you would jump of a roof when it comes to refs

lol...the freethrow disparity to all of Miami's opponents have been a joke. I remember in game one where Boston's big three only shot 4 Ft's and Miami's big three attempted 32. What a ****ing joke. The NBA is almost like the WWE...only the players aren't in on it.

ryang
05-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Boston has old men.. Lebron Wade and Bosh draw fouls hence the word SUPERSTARS... I'll let u keep crying about the refs now... I got the FINALS to look forward 2...

ryang
05-29-2011, 06:45 PM
and if it is rigged like the wwe like u say then don't watch.. I don't know what to tell u... Ask a real celtic fan they will say rando went down it was already 0-2 and they drove into the lane we didn't

derekreed33
05-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Heat in 7. However, I really only want the Heat to win because I am a Philly fan and its Dallas... :p

ragee
05-29-2011, 07:46 PM

:laugh:

I can't figure out if that deserves a laugh or a face palm so I'll give you both! You are clearly underestimating Kidd or just have not seen him play... He may be old but he still has one of the highest basketball IQ in the league and his passing skills still has not diminished at all...

NYY NYJ NYK
05-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Miami in 5

MelkyNYY
05-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Jason Kidd is the most underrated player in the league. Fact.

MelkyNYY
05-29-2011, 08:03 PM
lol...the freethrow disparity to all of Miami's opponents have been a joke. I remember in game one where Boston's big three only shot 4 Ft's and Miami's big three attempted 32. What a ****ing joke. The NBA is almost like the WWE...only the players aren't in on it.

Lebron James and D-Wade attack the basket. A lot.

Rondo (sometimes) attacks the basket. No other Celtic really does.

ryang
05-29-2011, 08:17 PM
:laugh:

I can't figure out if that deserves a laugh or a face palm so I'll give you both! You are clearly underestimating Kidd or just have not seen him play... He may be old but he still has one of the highest basketball IQ in the league and his passing skills still has not diminished at all...

rando is a better passer at this point in there careers fixed... if u feel differently then you hate the celtics like i do or u r a mavs fan:facepalm:

MelkyNYY
05-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Kidd is by far a better passer than Rajon Rondo. I have to agree with ragee.

ryang
05-29-2011, 08:30 PM
ok so rando doesnt score alot he doesnt rebound well so if he doesnt pass the ball better then the 38 year old kidd why is rando a top point guard in this league?? I dont care what nba team u rep but if someone says rando or kidd your takin rando hands down... p.s. he averaged more assists per game then kidd this season so what other arguement besides your love for him is there

MelkyNYY
05-29-2011, 08:33 PM
ok so rando doesnt score alot he doesnt rebound well so if he doesnt pass the ball better then the 38 year old kidd why is rando a top point guard in this league?? I dont care what nba team u rep but if someone says rando or kidd your takin rando hands down... p.s. he averaged more assists per game then kidd this season so what other arguement besides your love for him is there

Assists per game is a terrible stat. Ast/TO ratio Kidd: 3.66 / Rondo: 3.25

ryang
05-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I guess we will see kidd throwin assist after assist in the finals then... Im ready to play this team already.. Ok kidd is awesome at everything now we can stop...

MelkyNYY
05-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I guess we will see kidd throwin assist after assist in the finals then... Im ready to play this team already.. Ok kidd is awesome at everything now we can stop...

Why are you so defensive? Jesus.

ryang
05-29-2011, 08:39 PM
ive been arguing with alot of mavs fans on this sorry... I just dont see how anybody can say in the past 3 years rando is not a better passer then kidd... im not talking 7 years ago

MelkyNYY
05-29-2011, 08:42 PM
And I just gave you numbers. I mean, idk what else I can do.

ryang
05-29-2011, 08:48 PM
And I just gave you numbers. I mean, idk what else I can do.

what year were those numbers from?? do the numbers for the past 3 years id like to see who has more assist not who turns the ball over more... assists = passes even if there team misses some its still the only number u can go on... and supposedly dirk and terry dont miss so there shouldnt be alot of those for kidd

ryang
05-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Rando turns the ball over more due to driving the ball , trying to score from somewhere other then the 3 point line.. So dont compare turnovers thats an even more scewed stat... Kidd doesnt even have the legs to drive like rando does...

camador22
05-29-2011, 09:09 PM

Go suck on Kobe's balls. He needs someone to console him after being swept by a team that going to get their ***** kicked once the Heat play them. I was praying it would be LA in the finals but they can't even compete at an average level anymore.

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Go suck on Kobe's balls. He needs someone to console him after being swept by a team that going to get their ***** kicked once the Heat play them. I was praying it would be LA in the finals but they can't even compete at an average level anymore.

truth

justinnum1
05-29-2011, 09:37 PM
go suck on kobe's balls. He needs someone to console him after being swept by a team that going to get their ***** kicked once the heat play them. I was praying it would be la in the finals but they can't even compete at an average level anymore.

+1

MelkyNYY
05-29-2011, 09:41 PM
go suck on kobe's balls. He needs someone to console him after being swept by a team that going to get their ***** kicked once the heat play them. I was praying it would be la in the finals but they can't even compete at an average level anymore.

+1

ryang
05-29-2011, 09:44 PM
+ whatever is left

ragee
05-30-2011, 09:13 AM
rando is a better passer at this point in there careers fixed... if u feel differently then you hate the celtics like i do or u r a mavs fan:facepalm:

I don't hate the Celts at all and I give props to Rondo and to what he has done but passing skills and basketball IQ don't go away like athleticism my friend... Unlike you and most of the Heat fans (Excluding SteBO, marlinsfan24 and few others of course) I don't just look on one side...

BALLER R
05-30-2011, 11:05 AM
The teams we played... Philly made three's ...

Celtics made threes....

The teams we played.... . played defense....

teams you played... didnt play defense....

Better offensive team vs BEST defense ... good games

really??...but hey theres a saying i think it was bobby knight that said that a good defense cannot beat a better offense.

Just saying...celtics problem wasn't 3 it was they couldnt execute down the stretch. i'm not hating on the heat but with the way those games went if that was a healthy celtics teams it would of been a different story or the heat would of had to win in game 7

BALLER R
05-30-2011, 11:08 AM
one reason why i don't want the heat to win is because of their fans. you guys act as if your unbeatable and someone says anything negative about the heat you guys act all childish and shyt..sorry this is not to all heat fans but there are a majority of you that ruin it for the actual REAL heat fans that were always with there team even when they weren't winning. but those fans get lost in the crowd.

BALLER R
05-30-2011, 11:18 AM
you guys just dissing kidd
and you know dirk isn't the only person on dallas right. i mean i read a lot shut dirk down and we win. but its just not that easy. hey it will be a great series but some of you guys both heat and mavs fans aren't thinking right now. I don't like the heat but no way do i see them getting swept and also i dont see the mavs getting swept either. although i can say that dallas seems like the more hungry team while the heat seem like they just want the media attention

DoJoTheSlasher
05-30-2011, 11:30 AM
It's also funny how some Heat fans don't mention Tyson Chandler, Shawn Marion, Jason Terry and Jason Kidd as good but they mention Mike Miller, James Jones and Joel Anthony as really good players. All four of those Mavs players are starters and those Heat players are bench warmers with maybe the exception of Mike Miller....

godolphins
05-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Dallas in 7
Dirk and their bench will be a major factor and this series.

Dirk: This guy is playing great basketball right now and I have a hard to seeing him lose a title to the Heat again, this is a man on a mission.

Bench: Jason Terry, JJ Barea, Haywood and Peja provides great depth for the Mavs I just hope Haslem, Miller, Chalmers, Jones can out hustle and out play them.

2-3-2 format: I don't see this as home court advantage for us since it favor the opposing team so all Dallas has to do is win one of those two earlier games at Miami and they'll be set if they take care of home court. I hate this format

mikealike305
05-30-2011, 11:37 AM
one reason why i don't want the heat to win is because of their fans. you guys act as if your unbeatable and someone says anything negative about the heat you guys act all childish and shyt..sorry this is not to all heat fans but there are a majority of you that ruin it for the actual REAL heat fans that were always with there team even when they weren't winning. but those fans get lost in the crowd.

thats all fan bases tho man, it just show more in the larger fan bases (Mia, NY, Bos, Chi, LA)

every fanbase has those crazy, non realistic (homer) fans. not just miami

Ironman5219
05-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Dallas in 5. People are forgetting how they man handled the unbeatable Lakers. Dallas remembers the rigged finals from a few years ago and will come for blood. They are better defensivly and have shooters all over the place. Miami can't guard Dirk and Dallas has the edge with the Bench, as long as the ref's don't favor Miami, Dallas in 5

VikesTwinsWolve
05-30-2011, 11:59 AM
If the Mavs are able to take game 1 the heat will be lead by Bosh in a crying fest in the locker room after the game. All seriousness unfortunately I think the heat in 6...

mikealike305
05-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Dallas in 5. People are forgetting how they man handled the unbeatable Lakers. Dallas remembers the rigged finals from a few years ago and will come for blood. They are better defensivly and have shooters all over the place. Miami can't guard Dirk and Dallas has the edge with the Bench, as long as the ref's don't favor Miami, Dallas in 5

lol what flawed logic.
let me ask you. what was Miamis record against these unbeatable (and by unbeatable i really mean a kobe thats out of his prime and a gasol that clearly wasnt in it) lakers?
also, if it was rigged, what makes u think it wont be rigged this time :)
and miami cant guard dirk? i think the bigger thing here is that dallas cant guard Wade OR Lebron.
refs favor us or not (not) HEAT win in 5

Heater4life
05-30-2011, 12:06 PM

They have all season long and in the playoffs. Its not going to change now. The 2 best slashers in the NBA along with a PF who knows how to draw fouls as well (top3 prior to joining Miami). Miami will always dominaate on FT's.

NBA is all about matchups. The Bulls, Celtics dont matter, neither do the Lakers or Thunder. Miami and Dallas matchup well, i doubt this ends in less than six on either end.

Knick_Fever
05-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Dallas in 7
Dirk and their bench will be a major factor and this series.

Dirk: This guy is playing great basketball right now and I have a hard to seeing him lose a title to the Heat again, this is a man on a mission.

Bench: Jason Terry, JJ Barea, Haywood and Peja provides great depth for the Mavs I just hope Haslem, Miller, Chalmers, Jones can out hustle and out play them.

2-3-2 format: I don't see this as home court advantage for us since it favor the opposing team so all Dallas has to do is win one of those two earlier games at Miami and they'll be set if they take care of home court. I hate this format

Finally, an honest and realistic heat fan

gotoHcarolina52
05-30-2011, 12:17 PM

When opinions coincide, it's deemed a revelation of "honesty and realism." And when they don't, it's interpreted as nothing more than mere "homerism."

I suppose that's just life in the valley of the dumb.

Heater4life
05-30-2011, 12:17 PM

Its not realistic to think the Heat can win in 6 or 7??? :confused:

Its a hard matchup for both teams, it could go either way. To say either team can win in 6 or 7 is on point.

koreancabbage
05-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Dallas has never faced a better defense. They will find it tough to find easy baskets.

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-30-2011, 12:55 PM
I love the people whose logic of the Lakers getting swept makes them think Miami has no chance against this Mavs team.

Look at OKC. They blew late 4th quarter leads in at least 2 games. Dallas won 4-1 in Game 5 but the series easily could have been 2-2 at that point and OKC blew the lead in Game 5.

OKC suffered from inexperience. Miami doesn't have that problem. Don't expect the Heat to blow double digit leads in the final minutes of the 4th quarter.

Some of that can be attributed to coaching as well. Scott Brooks did a terrible job of stopping the bleeding in those 4th quarters imo. Spoelstra has become much better in taking his TOs when necessary.

justinnum1
05-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Mavs fans are gonna be in for a rude awakening.

BALLER R
05-30-2011, 02:21 PM
I love the people whose logic of the Lakers getting swept makes them think Miami has no chance against this Mavs team.

Look at OKC. They blew late 4th quarter leads in at least 2 games. Dallas won 4-1 in Game 5 but the series easily could have been 2-2 at that point and OKC blew the lead in Game 5.

OKC suffered from inexperience. Miami doesn't have that problem. Don't expect the Heat to blow double digit leads in the final minutes of the 4th quarter.

Some of that can be attributed to coaching as well. Scott Brooks did a terrible job of stopping the bleeding in those 4th quarters imo. Spoelstra has become much better in taking his TOs when necessary.

so did the bulls. and the mavs don't have that problem. their more experienced than the heat are

gsgs49
05-30-2011, 02:52 PM

Both teams dominated down the stretch,they were the best two teams in the 4th quarter.
The mavs on the offensive end(148 points per 100 possessions in clutch situations)
The heat on the defensive end(69 points per 100 possessions in clutch situations)
So I can't wait to see what will happens in this series down the stretch.
I don't think either teams will come back to win the game after being down 10 points in the fourth,Dallas isn't Chicago offensively and Miami isn't OKC defensively.

gsgs49
05-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Mavs fans are gonna be in for a rude awakening.

I like the confidence but heat fans should calm down a little bit,this type of comments will look pretty dumb if the heat lose.

ATX
05-30-2011, 03:06 PM
so did the bulls. and the mavs don't have that problem. their more experienced than the heat are

If by experienced you mean aged then sure. I think Miami matches up well in the experience dept. with Dallas.

Rotation:

DWade-Finals MVP
Haslem-NBA Champion
LeBron-Played in the Finals, 2x league MVP
Bibby-Playoff Vet
Bosh-6x All Star
Miller-Vet, 6th Man of the year '06

Anthony-4th NBA season
Chalmers-3rd NBA season

BALLER R
05-30-2011, 03:33 PM
If by experienced you mean aged then sure. I think Miami matches up well in the experience dept. with Dallas.

Rotation:

DWade-Finals MVP
Haslem-NBA Champion
Bibby-Playoff Vet
Bosh-6x All Star

Anthony-4th NBA season
Chalmers-3rd NBA season

you have a point but with 6th man, 6x all star you say that as if dallas doesnt have that

theheatles
05-30-2011, 03:33 PM

Rotation:

DWade-Finals MVP
Haslem-NBA Champion
Bibby-Playoff Vet
Bosh-6x All Star

Anthony-4th NBA season
Chalmers-3rd NBA season

eddie house is an NBA champion too lol and he might, just might, get some playing time on barea

Ironman5219
05-30-2011, 03:39 PM

Yes but look at Chicago, if they had a few things fall their way toward the end of some of the games it might be them here instead of the heat. James is an oustanding closer... Both teams deserve to be here. I'm just picking the team that doesn't have the bandwagon fans. Dallas has more ergency and revenge, they will set the tone with energy from the begining. Dallas in 5.

Ironman5219
05-30-2011, 03:42 PM
lol what flawed logic.
let me ask you. what was Miamis record against these unbeatable (and by unbeatable i really mean a kobe thats out of his prime and a gasol that clearly wasnt in it) lakers?
also, if it was rigged, what makes u think it wont be rigged this time :)
and miami cant guard dirk? i think the bigger thing here is that dallas cant guard Wade OR Lebron.
refs favor us or not (not) HEAT win in 5

LOL back at you, were you a heat fan before the big three? Just curious, you seem like a typical Laker fan that jump ship to the lattest fad. Anyways, Dallas CAN and WILL guard Wade and Lebron with their team defense, you can slash all you want but they will meet Dallas' shot blocking bigs. How are you going to stop Dirk? Double team him and the Dallas shooters will have a hay day. James can't stop him, and Dirk can close just a well as James. Again if the ref's stay out of it Dallas will win. I can't stand touch fouls for superstars, its unfair and gives the game a black eye. Dallas in 5

Hoopsadvocate
05-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Yes but look at Chicago, if they had a few things fall their way toward the end of some of the games it might be them here instead of the heat. James is an oustanding closer... Both teams deserve to be here. I'm just picking the team that doesn't have the bandwagon fans. Dallas has more ergency and revenge, they will set the tone with energy from the begining. Dallas in 5.

So ur not picking using basketball knowledge or reasonable logic, just biased hate, got it! sounds like a smart decision

Rivera
05-30-2011, 04:53 PM
i hate the heat and im rooting for the mavs

TBH, i just see too many matchup night mares for dallas....yes marion can contain lebron (because he isnt gonna stop him) but honestly who is gonna contain wade? kidd? stevenson? i dont know about that honestly im not confident in that...

unless if wade is playing with an injury he hasnt talked about (refering to his play in the chicago series) he is gonna play better vs dallas than he did vs chicago and dwade is due to blow up for a huge game soon...hes had moments but we still havent seen 06 dominant wade and playing in dallas could re-kindle that flame

dallas main advantage is chandler/haywood and dirk....there bigs...they need to dominate the glass and make wade and james pull up for shots or make there life a living hell every time they drive by making there shots tougher to make and maybe even a dirty foul by chandler on either wade of james to set the series tempo and let miami know it isnt gonna be easy....

the reason i think miami is gonna win is the defense on dirk....miami has 4 people to throw at dirk james/bosh/anthony/haslem....lets not forget the job defensivley haslem did to dirk in 2006 and that honestly may be the difference...dirk needs to be dirk in the 2011 playoffs so far for dallas to have a chance to win this series

my honest prediction: Heat in 5 or 6...stick a gun to my head ill say 6 games....but i would not be surprised if it didnt go 5

with that said....**** the heat lets go MAVS!

showtym24
05-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Dallas in 6

ne3xchamps
05-30-2011, 05:31 PM
We should all wear "In Dirk we Trust" sigs for the series.

Trust me man, I would love to, but I lost a sig bet. It sucks *** but **** it.

G O M A V S ! ! ! !

Knick_Fever
05-30-2011, 05:40 PM
When opinions coincide, it's deemed a revelation of "honesty and realism." And when they don't, it's interpreted as nothing more than mere "homerism."

I suppose that's just life in the valley of the dumb.

Lol, please tell me more about yourself

SportsAndrew25
05-30-2011, 06:03 PM
I want Dallas to win, but the odds are that Miami wins this.