PDA

View Full Version : Anyone one else happier for Bosh than LeBron?

daboywonder2002
05-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Just watching that, i felt for bosh. dude carried Toronto on his back for 7 years. Was no where close to this point in his career. At least james was a 2x mvp, had great chances at a ship but couldnt close the deal. but seeing how bosh conducted himself. Seeing how he came through in these playoffs. You would think he has been here before.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 11:23 PM
lol chicago wtf? and he didn't carry crap...

i'm not happy for Rupes at all

210Don
05-26-2011, 11:23 PM
^^^ damn you

MiamiWadeCounty
05-26-2011, 11:24 PM
carried Toronto*, but I agree with you. He came up big and is a class-act.

richiesaurus310
05-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Im glad for Bosh, but also glad Lebron got some real talent around him so we can really see what he can do on the biggest stage

Johann
05-26-2011, 11:26 PM
We have 9 year olds on this site?

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 11:26 PM
^^^ damn you

lol get used to it son

Rego247
05-26-2011, 11:27 PM
i know he managed to get through entire series without *****ing and crying like a girl.

i'm sooo proud of rupaul. u don't even know.

Chill_Will_24
05-26-2011, 11:28 PM
He also likes inter gender relations and has feminine mannerisms. Very deserving guy. Love that **** ing dinosaur...

ManRam
Not at all. For all the **** LeBron gets, I couldn't be more happy to see him silence his haters.

Rego247
carried Toronto*, but I agree with you. He came up big and is a class-act.

:laugh:

carried toronto to what??

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 11:29 PM
:laugh:

carried toronto to what??

2 playoff births and 2 first round losses in 7 years.

JC_
05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
and he didn't carry crap...

He definately did carry them as far as he could.

LTBaByyy
05-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Im happy for the Mavericks

Got there the right way

beasted86
05-26-2011, 11:32 PM

So how are they doing without him?

Chill_Will_24
05-26-2011, 11:32 PM

Got there the right way

:nod:

beasted86
05-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Anyhow, as I've maintained before... LOOK who is starting these threads.

Not Heat fans, so STFU before anyone even starts.

Underrated Wade
05-26-2011, 11:34 PM
YES! FINALLY A FORUM I WAS LOOKING FOR. I always felt bad for bosh because of all the criticisms he gets. he also doesnt get credit when he deserves it. also people shouldnt judge his looks. he doesnt look that ugly and if you watched the one on one interview with bosh and ahmed (idk his name) you can tell he was rlly hurt by those comments that were made to him throughout the season. Bosh also reads alot of books before games and i think that makes him look like a cute little 6'11 kid lol.. anyways very happy for bosh and hope he wins a ring this year and next 6 years.:):):):):clap::clap::clap: BTW WTH IS WRONG WITH WADE. I KNOW HE CAME UP BIG IN THE THE FOURTH BUT STILL WTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm ::facepalm::facepalm:

mdm692
05-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Lebron only started to get haters when he spit in his hometowns face. . .why would i be happy

all bosh does is shoot jumpers when bron and wade get double teamed. . .he is just along for the ride

Underrated Wade
05-26-2011, 11:36 PM

bad enough to get the 5th pick in the lottery

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 11:37 PM

5th in the lottery, instead of the usual 9-12 when he was here.

I think i'd prefer that too.

ManRam
05-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Lebron only started to get haters when he spit in his hometowns face. . .why would i be happy

all bosh does is shoot jumpers when bron and wade get double teamed. . .he is just along for the ride

Cleveland is his hometown? :laugh:

Rego247
05-26-2011, 11:40 PM

jus fine thnx. u saved us spending 120 mill dollars on a soft *** 4. we should be thanking u guys.

so heat fans are we officially on the bandwagon for bosh now?

im asking cuz ur fanbase is sooo fickle when it comes to him, i never know. :shrug:

Sixerlover
05-26-2011, 11:42 PM
See what happens when Lebron has help. Took the team away from Wade in less than a season.

AllOut305
05-26-2011, 11:43 PM
jus fine thnx. u saved us spending 120 mill dollars on a soft *** 4. we should be thanking u guys.

im asking cuz ur fanbase is sooo fickle when it comes to him, i never know. :shrug:

Lol You'll never win a championship with your crappy organization.. Couldn't do it with Vince/Mcgrady... Bosh was rotting away. I'm glad we saved him from your city* .:clap::clap:

beasted86
05-26-2011, 11:44 PM

You are really mad, huh?

Mr. Chill is on his way to the Finals, and was a big part of the reason we are getting there after posting 19 PPG / 9 REB on 50% in the playoffs as only the third option.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Lol You'll never win a championship with your crappy organization.. Couldn't do it with Vince/Mcgrady... Bosh was rotting away. I'm glad we saved him from your city* .:clap::clap:

:laugh: a Heat troll. what else is new?

rhino17
05-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Bosh is a *****, I don't feel happy for him in the slightest

I dont feel happy for anyone on that sham of a team

mdm692
05-26-2011, 11:47 PM
You are really mad, huh?

Mr. Chill is on his way to the Finals, and was a big part of the reason we are getting there after posting 19 PPG / 9 REB on 50% in the playoffs as only the third option.
heat fans are really blind wide open shots like that i can average 20ppg lol fundamentals of bball

Rego247
05-26-2011, 11:48 PM

oh nice ninja edit dude. what u don't have the stones to say what u really wanna say?

Rego247
05-26-2011, 11:52 PM
:laugh: a Heat troll. what else is new?

trolling and bandwagoning is what they do. u didn't know?

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm not a fan of either but I guess I like Bosh better. So sure, I'm "more happier for Bosh than I do Lebron."

beasted86
05-26-2011, 11:53 PM

Fine you say? Well I'm glad for you.

You must be talking about someone else as I've supported Bosh this whole season. And as I said... LOOK who started this thread. It ISN'T a Heat fan, so I'm not exactly sure who you are asking if they are on the bandwagon anyway.

99% of LeBron/Bosh/Miami threads in the NBA forum are not started by Heat fans. They are started by fans of other teams, or dnewguy who isn't a Heat fan.

homestarunner93
05-27-2011, 12:04 AM
I never have been "more happier" and never will be "more happier," mostly because is disgustingly incorrect grammar.

Rego247
05-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Fine you say? Well I'm glad for you.

You must be talking about someone else as I've supported Bosh this whole season. And as I said... LOOK who started this thread. It ISN'T a Heat fan, so I'm not exactly sure who you are asking if they are on the bandwagon anyway.

99% of LeBron/Bosh/Miami threads in the NBA forum are not started by Heat fans. They are started by fans of other teams, or dnewguy who isn't a Heat fan.

im talking about ur entire fanbase. jus check the threads about bosh in the heat forum if u want proof. half of the heat fans wanted him traded one bad game against the celtics, then are on his jock the next. :facepalm:

like i said, fickle.

Yanks All Day
05-27-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm less happier for Bosh than I am for LeBron. LeBron did much morer for the Heat than Bosh didn't not do.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Chris Bosh walks all on the court like he is an All Time Great. He acts like he is just the best after every single dunk. You don't see Dirk doing that. Also, Dirk has carries his team into contention as pretty much the only player for 13 years. No one was giving him probps for 12 years until this year. Now all of a sudden Bosh gets credit for carrying a team, in the East, to the playoffs once or twice?

Ebbs
05-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Even as a Mavs fan I can't stand all the hate for Bosh. He is a good player and played a great series.

heyman321
05-27-2011, 01:55 AM
Why the HELL would anyone feel better for Bosh than Lebron? Lebron has finally ridded himself of all the scrubs back in Cleveland and prove to people how good he actually is. Chris Bosh just happened to tag along and trick Riley into paying him a max contract. And what did he carry the Raptors to? Two first round smackings that's what. He was only the franchise player for them because Carter left... that's how bad the Raptors without Carter were kind of like Cleveland without Lebron. Lebron is the best player in the league, it's no question.

Now with that being said.... GO MAVERICKS!

lebronfan93
05-27-2011, 02:07 AM
heat fans are really blind wide open shots like that i can average 20ppg lol fundamentals of bball

So why wasn't Boozer doing it? :shrug:

Tanakid777
05-27-2011, 02:08 AM
I like both of them, but feel better for LeBron because of the ridiculous amount of pathetic, unnecessary hate he's gotten over the past year.

P.S. WTF is up with the pre-school level grammar? Not trying to sound like the grammar police, but reading the OP was just painful

Tanakid777
05-27-2011, 02:09 AM
So why wasn't Boozer doing it? :shrug:

:clap:

Raph12
05-27-2011, 02:13 AM

Same result the lottery, but this time they got a Top 5 pick to show for it... I never understood the value of coming close yet being eliminated from playoffs berth.

8lllllD
05-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Bosh played for chicago for 7 years?

Sadds The Gr8
05-27-2011, 02:17 AM
same result the lottery, but this time they got a top 5 pick to show for it... I never understood the value of coming close yet being eliminated from playoffs berth.

+1

John Walls Era
05-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Sure, he was good this series.

PS: Terrible grammar... "happy" would be enough and you could've removed the extra "one", and "you do" part.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-27-2011, 04:01 AM
no

Bob_at_york
05-27-2011, 10:17 AM
I am a little bit happy for Bosh. All the guy wanted to do was win and now he is in the finals. Doesn't excuse how he dealt with certain things in the last year but I am happy that he is finally achieving the goal that he has been working towards.

THE_G.O.A.T.
05-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Does anyone notice that Bosh looks just like a giraffe?

beasted86
05-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Chris Bosh walks all on the court like he is an All Time Great. He acts like he is just the best after every single dunk. You don't see Dirk doing that. Also, Dirk has carries his team into contention as pretty much the only player for 13 years. No one was giving him probps for 12 years until this year. Now all of a sudden Bosh gets credit for carrying a team, in the East, to the playoffs once or twice?

Dude, what the hell are you on?

What Chris Bosh are you watching? Bosh might have like 6 dunks the entire playoffs, and he doesn't act anything like you are talking about half of the time. Matter of fact, all the celebration post-Celtics and Bulls, this guy has been the calmest on the team.

And to the last part, OF COURSE he carried the Raptors. The second best player/highest scorer on those playoff teams were TJ Ford at 14 PPG. We all see what type of dynamic elite PG TJ Ford is right now in his career at just 1 yr older than Bosh. :rolleyes:

LA_Raiders
05-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Happy for them? lol, **** them.

I'd be happy if it was only a duo of wade & bosh, but when they brought the Queen they messed up the NBA and their legacy. Sorry Heat fans but the coward ack by those 3 will be remembered forever... You have one chance in life, better make it count. Those 3 clowns ****ed up... Oh well! If that makes them happy.

I hope LA brings DH to LA and then the NBA will have 2 teams with 2 Top 5 players, that would be really bad for the NBA, but the CHeat started it...

Heater4life
05-27-2011, 10:43 AM
im talking about ur entire fanbase. jus check the threads about bosh in the heat forum if u want proof. half of the heat fans wanted him traded one bad game against the celtics, then are on his jock the next. :facepalm:

like i said, fickle.

Extremely fickle. Theres a select few, beasted included, who are more level headed. But this applies to all fan bases

Im thrilled for Bosh, he has stepped up, his "soft" *** is quite frankly outplaying most people on the court. But im just as happy for both.

Heater4life
05-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I'd be happy if it was only a duo of wade & bosh, but when they brought the Queen they messed up the NBA and their legacy.

Sorry Heat fans but the coward ack by those 3 will be remembered forever... You have one chance in life, better make it count. Those 3 clowns ****ed up... Oh well! If that makes them happy.

I hope LA brings DH to LA and then the NBA will have 2 teams with 2 Top 5 players, that would be really bad for the NBA, but the CHeat started it...

I love this post. This is what it really reads.

Id be happy if it was just Wade and Bosh, as I feel the Lakers would be able to beat them with a stacked squad. Yet, when a premier player (the best playing at the moment argueably) decided to join them and i felt it became a threat to my team, it became an issue.

Those 3 players messed up my teams chances off winning multiple titles again (when you should worry about Dallas who swept you)

There cheaters because they decided to not sit around and watch my Lakers (with a a squad composed of possibly 4 allstar and a tirade of former allstars) dominate every year. Damn you for giving me competition.

LA_Raiders
05-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Agree, I hope the Mavbricks beat the CHeat...

LA_Raiders
05-27-2011, 11:01 AM
I love this post. This is what it really reads.

Id be happy if it was just Wade and Bosh, as I feel the Lakers would be able to beat them with a stacked squad. Yet, when a premier player (the best playing at the moment argueably) decided to join them and i felt it became a threat to my team, it became an issue.

Those 3 players messed up my teams chances off winning multiple titles again (when you should worry about Dallas who swept you)

There cheaters because they decided to not sit around and watch my Lakers (with a a squad composed of possibly 4 allstar and a tirade of former allstars) dominate every year. Damn you for giving me competition.

4 All stars in LA? lol, we have 2 and they are aging, the 3 all stars in the Cheat are in their prime. My only complaint is that Miami has 2 Top 3 players in the league. Wade should be competing vs LeBroom. I used to like Wade and the Heat, but once they brought the 3rd best player in the league to join the 2nd best player in the league. What is the deal with those 2 guys? Join forces instead of compete?
It is just my opinion. They are not man enough to fight by themselves. Again IMO...

Mile High Champ
05-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Class act? Seriously? I can't count how many times Bosh got upset when he was not recognized for his own individual achievements in a game. When he was not interviewed by the media and Lebron and Wade got the attention, he sulked. I am not happy for Bosh by any means and that is not even because I am a Raptors fan. Bosh is one player I have very little respect for because it is all about him.

daleja424
05-27-2011, 11:02 AM
bosh has been suprisingly clutch all series... I thought he might get eaten up by the moment... but he has stood tall late in games

DwayneMVPwade
05-27-2011, 11:11 AM

I'd be happy if it was only a duo of wade & bosh, but when they brought the Queen they messed up the NBA and their legacy. Sorry Heat fans but the coward ack by those 3 will be remembered forever... You have one chance in life, better make it count. Those 3 clowns ****ed up... Oh well! If that makes them happy.

+1 agree man. Super teams are starting to form all over the NBA. Look at New York creating a super team, CP3 and D12 are probably going to leave and look to form a super team or join one. Damn. In a few years, the league is probably going to be 6 really good teams, the rest cannot keep up.

ChitownSports16
05-27-2011, 11:13 AM
The only guy I'm happy for in that team is Wade...

DwayneMVPwade
05-27-2011, 11:14 AM

same

IndiansFan337
05-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Just watching that, i felt for bosh. dude carried Toronto on his back for 7 years. Was no where close to this point in his career. At least james was a 2x mvp, had great chances at a ship but couldnt close the deal. but seeing how bosh conducted himself. Seeing how he came through in these playoffs. You would think he has been here before.

I think you meant to say that he was Toronto's best player. He didn't carry them anywhere. They only got to the playoffs 1 or 2 times while he was there, so he wasn't doing any carrying.

Sly Guy
05-27-2011, 11:25 AM
5th in the lottery, instead of the usual 9-12 when he was here.

I think i'd prefer that too.

lol, gold!

jockrider
05-27-2011, 11:32 AM

re-building and not building around a soft pf who cares about national attention more than anything.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM

lol you only became a fan this summer chill out.

Jkid56
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM
re-building and not building around a soft pf who cares about national attention more than anything.

You forgot to include scared of the moment, half of a man and just 4 WINS away from a ring! :D

mr. red
05-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I like reading the posts by Heat fans and then looking at their "Join Date." A lot of the "heat fans" joined after July 2010....

mjt20mik
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
You forgot to include scared of the moment, half of a man and just 4 WINS away from a ring! :D

I think being carried by two superstars should definitely be added to that list as well. Also wanting to be the man, and being the third option could also be added.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 11:54 AM

and WHEN you guys lose to dallas there will be 100 trade bosh threads by you guys;)

Rego247
05-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Dude, what the hell are you on?

What Chris Bosh are you watching? Bosh might have like 6 dunks the entire playoffs, and he doesn't act anything like you are talking about half of the time. Matter of fact, all the celebration post-Celtics and Bulls, this guy has been the calmest on the team.

And to the last part, OF COURSE he carried the Raptors. The second best player/highest scorer on those playoff teams were TJ Ford at 14 PPG. We all see what type of dynamic elite PG TJ Ford is right now in his career at just 1 yr older than Bosh. :rolleyes:

:facepalm: again i say carried us to what? 3 playoff wins in 7 years. and what happened last year, in the lottery again. despite ur failed attempts to prove it, this man is not a superstar. he is anything but.

Bob_at_york
05-27-2011, 11:56 AM
I like reading the posts by Heat fans and then looking at their "Join Date." A lot of the "heat fans" joined after July 2010....

What does that have to do with anything? Stay on topic.

magichatnumber9
05-27-2011, 12:02 PM
What does that have to do with anything? Stay on topic.How do you have blue in your name, is there some chain of command at PSD? And to stay on topic I wasn't happy or sad when Bosh was the scapegoat, and I'm not happy or sad now that he is successful. I honestly never thought Bosh really cared about anything basketball related.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 12:03 PM
:facepalm: again i say carried us to what? 3 playoff wins in 7 years. and what happened last year, in the lottery again. despite ur failed attempts to prove it, this man is not a superstar. he is anything but.

2* playoff births and only one above .500 season.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa buddy now lets go feast on them mavs...

Rego247
05-27-2011, 12:07 PM
2* playoff births and only one above .500 season.

stellar accomplishments. hes should be in the discussion of GOAT.

3Blueforyou
05-27-2011, 12:10 PM

+1

bosh is like that attention starved chick in high school. A youtube video site to get attention, I think if a guy was really carrying a team he would get the attention he deserves. VC did. I know very few of you guys outside toronto would of seen this but the documentary he came out with right at the end of his time in toronto, it was a such an attention grab. Long cinematics with him staring longingly at the rafters at the acc. Talking about how no number s are retired yet, followed by a turn to the camera with this big smirk as to say I will be that guy.

The overreactions on dunks are on the regular with bosh, he would do it in Toronto and he does it in Miami. It looks like this for miami fans who have yet to really watch much ball this year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kB8xYDhifM . He gets no attention so he acts like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ert30PiBf9E&feature=related .

jockrider
05-27-2011, 12:12 PM
lol just noticed that wade/bron are always together in the post game and bosh is here by himself every time :laugh:

mttwlsn16
05-27-2011, 12:19 PM

Got there the right way

:facepalm: and the heat got there the wrong way? :confused::confused::confused:

td0tsfinest
05-27-2011, 12:21 PM
No, I'm more happy for Lebron than Bosh. I didn't like the way he handled himself near the end of last season and all of free agency. Nor, with some of the comments he made. Congrats to him, though. I'm sure he suffered the most scrutiny out of any Heat member, even from his own "fans" and played well during this last series.

diu9leilomo
05-27-2011, 12:21 PM
honestly...im a raptors fan, bosh didnt do much in toronto..hes just a top 10 pf in the league that gets max pay, he gets all the hate in TO....but hey...hes a humble guy who wants to win and he did made contribution to the heat in the playoff.... leave this guy alone and move on =.=

Hoopsadvocate
05-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Haha ur anger and jealousy give me great pleasure. But don't be foolish and think we were the first ones to have more than one superstar as ur team traded away scraps for pau gasol. And at one point even had 4 hall of gamers on at the same time (shaq/Kobe/Payton/Malone) don't be mad cause we didn't acquire them when our big 3 weren't old and grey like yours or other teams did in th past. But most importantly don't e a hippocrite as ur tram clearly didthe same thing just not as good as us.

shizzle09
05-27-2011, 02:35 PM

Toronto 5 playoffs 5 first round exits. 3 prior to Bosh. Not his fault toronto never built a good enough team.

YoungOne
05-27-2011, 02:52 PM
nope. lebron earned a title, bosh not so much...

pebloemer
05-27-2011, 03:16 PM
nope. lebron earned a title, bosh not so much...

LeBron hasn't earned a title yet. One series to go.

But no single player "earns" a title. A team earns a title. Bosh remains a big part of Miami's team as 3rd option. Did Odom also not "earn" championships because he had Gasol and Bryant? Basketball is a team game.

As a Raptor's fan, I enjoyed Bosh's tenure. I was not disappointed he wanted to leave, but rather disappointed by the manner in which he left. I would have liked to see him be a 2nd option somewhere where he could be more challenged to excel, but I'm happy for him that he is still competing at a high level and arguably played better than Wade in this past round against Chicago.

That said, I still have a hard time cheering for Miami, even though I'm happy for Bosh. I will always feel that players negotiating to play on the same team just to win multiple titles takes away from the sport. I like better league parity.

McJoe
05-27-2011, 03:20 PM

LeBron's been here before...don't crown him yet...

I do feel good for Bosh to get here. He carried Toronto on his back for years and then we gave him a lot of **** just over a year ago when he left and it wasn't really deservedly so. He didn't refuse to waive a no trade and he was up front about leaving and wasn't secretive about leaving. He didn't go on TV to say he was leaving either.

Heat look like they are gonna get it but why would anyone be happy for LeBron. He's been here before...

jockrider
05-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Toronto 5 playoffs 5 first round exits. 3 prior to Bosh. Not his fault toronto never built a good enough team.

yeah its our fault for not noticing he was a 3rd option masquerading as a 1st

jockrider
05-27-2011, 04:04 PM
LeBron's been here before...don't crown him yet...

I do feel good for Bosh to get here. He carried Toronto on his back for years and then we gave him a lot of **** just over a year ago when he left and it wasn't really deservedly so. He didn't refuse to waive a no trade and he was up front about leaving and wasn't secretive about leaving. He didn't go on TV to say he was leaving either.

Heat look like they are gonna get it but why would anyone be happy for LeBron. He's been here before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-XW90b7fgI

Sadds The Gr8
05-27-2011, 04:06 PM

really? I recall Carter taking us to game 7 in the 2nd round. Bosh had a good enough cast to make the playoffs in the weak east. he just wasn't good enough.

Sadds The Gr8
05-27-2011, 04:08 PM
i like reading the posts by heat fans and then looking at their "join date." a lot of the "heat fans" joined after july 2010....

+1

Bob_at_york
05-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Toronto 5 playoffs 5 first round exits. 3 prior to Bosh.
If you check your facts before you say them, your words would have more weight.

ChicagoJ
05-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Happy wouldn't be the right word, but LeBron has paid his dues to a certain extent. But, I still don't like how this team came together. It's hard to support them due to how this team came about. In a few years things may be different, but only if they don't win a title until then.

Da Knicks
05-27-2011, 04:33 PM

LOL You do understand that the lakers have being doing what the heat did forever. :facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm happier for Bosh than James, but I'm happiest for Big Z.

Bosh does have a little more ego than he does talent, and I do think he is over-rated, but that doesnt mean he's not a great basketball player. He is. He is a great power forward, putting him in the list of all time, he'd fall back pretty far, he really isnt even among the top ten in the league right now to be honest, but he is still a VERY talented player, and the PF position is deep in this league. Toronto brought in Coangelo, and obviously would be continuing on their course to disaster had they kept Bosh, because they jsut locked in failure for two more years by giving Coangelo and extension. He was right to leave TO (and this is coming from a Raps fan).

James had something very special in Cleveland. He blew it. No championship will mean as much as it would have meant in Cleveland. Lets face it: anybody can win when they are surrounded by all-stars. Anybody. It takes a special guy, like Dirk, like Thomas, and like Jordan, to stick it out and earn it. It is simply not as much as a challenge when you have an guys from the olympic team and all-star teams playing at nearly every position on the court. Its still a great accomplisment, but it just isnt the same.

If Miami does win, I will have a big smile for Big-Z. that guy deserves it. Bosh, I will be happy for, James and Wade, meh. They are good guys. They both do a lot for charity and their communities, and they obviously both bust their @$$e$ off to be where they are, so they all deserve it, but I this whole thing doesnt sit well with me as a fan.

And for those of you wondering what PFs I'd take over Bosh (since I wouldnt say he is even a top ten PF), in no particular order: Gasol, Griffen, Love, Amare, Zach Randolph, David Lee, Carlos Boozer, LMA, Josh Smith, Garnett, Duncan (I dont care if they are old, if either won of them were on Miami instead of Bosh they'd sweep their way to the finals), Udonis Haslem (that's right, Bosh isnt even the best PF on his team!) and obviously Dirk. You know what, maybe David West too, and a healthy Kenyon Martin for sure. You know what, give me Elton Brand too!

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 05:50 PM
i'm happy for Bosh. he absolutely carried this franchise the past few years, and worked his tail off doing it.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah its our fault for not noticing he was a 3rd option masquerading as a 1st

actually yes, yes it is/was. who else can you blame but the people who are in the player evaluation game?

jockrider
05-27-2011, 06:16 PM
i'm happy for Bosh. he absolutely carried this franchise the past few years, and worked his tail off doing it.

"carry us to what? carter carried this franchise without him he might of turned into the vancouver griz

one winning season he didn't do ****.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 06:17 PM
actually yes, yes it is/was. who else can you blame but the people who are in the player evaluation game?

did you think i was being sarcastic? i said it was our fault.

justinnum1
05-27-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm happier for Bosh than James, but I'm happiest for Big Z.

Bosh does have a little more ego than he does talent, and I do think he is over-rated, but that doesnt mean he's not a great basketball player. He is. He is a great power forward, putting him in the list of all time, he'd fall back pretty far, he really isnt even among the top ten in the league right now to be honest, but he is still a VERY talented player, and the PF position is deep in this league. Toronto brought in Coangelo, and obviously would be continuing on their course to disaster had they kept Bosh, because they jsut locked in failure for two more years by giving Coangelo and extension. He was right to leave TO (and this is coming from a Raps fan).

James had something very special in Cleveland. He blew it. No championship will mean as much as it would have meant in Cleveland. Lets face it: anybody can win when they are surrounded by all-stars. Anybody. It takes a special guy, like Dirk, like Thomas, and like Jordan, to stick it out and earn it. It is simply not as much as a challenge when you have an guys from the olympic team and all-star teams playing at nearly every position on the court. Its still a great accomplisment, but it just isnt the same.

If Miami does win, I will have a big smile for Big-Z. that guy deserves it. Bosh, I will be happy for, James and Wade, meh. They are good guys. They both do a lot for charity and their communities, and they obviously both bust their @$$e$ off to be where they are, so they all deserve it, but I this whole thing doesnt sit well with me as a fan.

And for those of you wondering what PFs I'd take over Bosh (since I wouldnt say he is even a top ten PF), in no particular order: Gasol, Griffen, Love, Amare, Zach Randolph, David Lee, Carlos Boozer, LMA, Josh Smith, Garnett, Duncan (I dont care if they are old, if either won of them were on Miami instead of Bosh they'd sweep their way to the finals), Udonis Haslem (that's right, Bosh isnt even the best PF on his team!) and obviously Dirk. You know what, maybe David West too, and a healthy Kenyon Martin for sure. You know what, give me Elton Brand too!

:facepalm:Bosh is better than all those guys

Rego247
05-27-2011, 06:21 PM

:facepalm: u cleary don't know what the **** ur talking about.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 06:26 PM
"carry us to what? carter carried this franchise without him he might of turned into the vancouver griz

one winning season he didn't do ****.

it doesn't matter how high he carried us. all that matters is how much worse we became without him.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 06:30 PM
it doesn't matter how high he carried us. all that matters is how much worse we became without him.

this team was built around him,offense ran through him, obviously we're going struggle without the centerpiece of 6 years. but fact is he didn't carry ****, he's one of the only big 2010 FA where the team would be better in the long run without him.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 06:42 PM
this team was built around him,offense ran through him, obviously we're going struggle without the centerpiece of 6 years. but fact is he didn't carry ****, he's one of the only big 2010 FA where the team would be better in the long run without him.

he was clearly the best player, and yes most teams struggle when they lose their best player but they don't usually see a decrease in wins by almost 50 percent. that's a pretty clear indicator of the talent that remained after he left and it also goes a long way to explaining why the team never got beyond solid. they never had a lot of talent and BC never focused much effort on acquiring defensive players to surround Bosh.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 06:53 PM
he was clearly the best player, and yes most teams struggle when they lose their best player but they don't usually see a decrease in wins by almost 50 percent. that's a pretty clear indicator of the talent that remained after he left and it also goes a long way to explaining why the team never got beyond solid. they never had a lot of talent and BC never focused much effort on acquiring defensive players to surround Bosh.

yeah cause this is the same team he had last year with less injuries :rolleyes:. you know this was a rebuilding season where we played the young guys to develop them. bosh had a big impact don't act like he had some amazing impact where he put this team on his back.

E.O.21
05-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Naw not really. He's soft I dont like soft players. If anything u should be happy for the Mavs

FriedTofuz
05-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm happy for him that hes playing well and not being heavily scrutinized. People need to cut him some slack, how do you expect bosh to carry a team to the 2nd round? look at the roaster, he wasnt given much soupport at all, and he clearly at most a 2nd option on a team.

Rego247
05-27-2011, 06:55 PM

bosh is not the type of player u want to surround with talent. in his mind he thinks he's a superstar, the go to guy, the key piece. but we know better don't we jamie?

the guy is an attention whore, who cries when they lose regular season games, then *****es about his touches. what a joke. im glad we dodged that bullet.

FriedTofuz
05-27-2011, 06:56 PM
If dirk averages 40 a game, he just might be heavily scrutinized.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 07:00 PM
bosh is not the type of player u want to surround with talent. in his mind he thinks he's a superstar, the go to guy, the key piece. but we know better don't we jamie?

the guy is an attention whore, who cries when they lose regular season games, then *****es about his touches. what a joke. im glad we dodged that bullet.

gimme a break man. show me a good player who doesn't believe they are great and i'll show you a loser. your post is so colored with bitterness that obviously nothing i say would change your mind.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 07:03 PM
yeah cause this is the same team he had last year with less injuries :rolleyes:. you know this was a rebuilding season where we played the young guys to develop them. bosh had a big impact don't act like he had some amazing impact where he put this team on his back.

as much as he is capable of putting a team on his back, he did. you can't fault him for only being an excellent player on a team full of stiffs and one dimensional players.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 07:05 PM
gimme a break man. show me a good player who doesn't believe they are great and i'll show you a loser. your post is so colored with bitterness that obviously nothing i say would change your mind.

well it would be alright if he took accountability when he loses. he acts like some superstar and its always the franchises fault when they lose. remember "if 20/10 isn't a leader i don't know what is"

jockrider
05-27-2011, 07:10 PM
as much as he is capable of putting a team on his back, he did. you can't fault him for only being an excellent player on a team full of stiffs and one dimensional players.

ok then you have some very low standards if that's "putting a team on his back" for you but we live in sports deprived Toronto so its not a big surprise.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 07:14 PM
well it would be alright if he took accountability when he loses. he acts like some superstar and its always the franchises fault when they lose. remember "if 20/10 isn't a leader i don't know what is"

in his mind he probably thinks he is saying "you have to work hard to put up those kind of numbers, and if working my tail off isn't leadership i don't know what is".

if you want to scrutinize every nugget that shows up in the paper feel free. he made some PR mistakes on his way out. no big deal. the fact that these things became big issues tells you just how much we love to take it personal when athletes decide to leave. it's more telling about us than it is them.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 07:18 PM
ok then you have some very low standards if that's "putting a team on his back" for you but we live in sports deprived Toronto so its not a big surprise.

no i don't think i do. i'd like to see a list of the biggest drop offs in win totals from one year to the next following the departure of a big name player. i'd be very suprised if this wasn't one of the bigger ones.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 07:26 PM
no i don't think i do. i'd like to see a list of the biggest drop offs in win totals from one year to the next following the departure of a big name player. i'd be very suprised if this wasn't one of the bigger ones.

wow i thought i explained this already.

1. not the same team
2. developing of youth was the main goal, winning wasn't the main goal this year
3. tanking in the month of april by shutting down bargs/amir/reggie/barbosa/ which left a lot of young guys.
4. season ending injury to klieza
5. overall injuries to vets

22 wins not far off to the 33 bosh led us to the previous year.

again not saying he wasn't a big impact but you are overrating a bit

mttwlsn16
05-27-2011, 07:34 PM
happy for both of them, lebron has done nothing but take heat (no pun intended) from non-miami fans, the media, etc. hes the best player in the game and thats what i want to see in the finals if my team isnt going to be in it. as for bosh, he was stuck in toronto for so long (no offense to the raptors) and hes finally get his shot as well

that said go mavs. wanna see dirk and kidd get the ring they deserve

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 07:43 PM

1. not the same team
2. developing of youth was the main goal, winning wasn't the main goal this year
3. tanking in the month of april by shutting down bargs/amir/reggie/barbosa/ which left a lot of young guys.

we dropped from 40 to 22. the supporting cast was arguably improved this season over last. injuries? happen to every team every year. fans always have it in their heads that there were extenuating circumstances that are the reason for their results. and yet every team has their own list of issues. it's not unique.

Rego247
05-27-2011, 07:46 PM

and u have a picture of bosh in ur sig, so i doubt i can change yours. oh well i guess we'll agree to disagree then.

THE GIPPER
05-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Wow raptor fans seriously grow up :facepalm:

jockrider
05-27-2011, 07:50 PM

1. not the same team

we dropped from 40 to 22. the supporting cast was arguably improved this season over last. injuries? happen to every team every year. fans always have it in their heads that there were extenuating circumstances that are the reason for their results. and yet every team has their own list of issues. it's not unique.

thanks for reading my whole post.

and u have a picture of bosh in ur sig, so i doubt i can change yours. oh well i guess we'll agree to disagree then.

its almost glendfish territory.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 07:52 PM

yup. i get that people don't like him, and that fans want to believe that athletes care as much about them as the fans do them, but at the end of the day he's just a man who made a few poor word choices. if every word we said was scrutinized and reporters took pieces of conversations we had and printed them i imagine we might be a little more forgiving.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2011, 07:56 PM
thanks for reading my whole post.

dude, i did. it can almost all be summed up with a single word: excuses.

the only thing uncommon about our season last year was how bad we were. that's it. it's not my job as a co-fan of the Raptors to help you spin the season in a way that makes you feel good.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 08:02 PM
dude, i did. it can almost all be summed up with a single word: excuses.

the only thing uncommon about our season last year was how bad we were. that's it. it's not my job as a co-fan of the Raptors to help you spin the season in a way that makes you feel good.

ok im done here your bosh bias is troubling if you giving him this much credit despite the changes to this team your obviously a huge fan not much different to the bargnani ones in our forum.

CB29
05-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Nope.

P-O-Z
05-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Ok enough with the bosh carried the raptors crap. Two playoffs appearances and two first round exits. What people forget believe it or not .. the reason they were so good in 06-07 was because of their team defense and unselfishness. So the team as a whole was a solid group. Regardless of that 3rd seed they had , chris bosh couldnt lead them over the nets in the first round. People tend to forget how good guys like calderon, garbojas , peterson , ford , bargani really were as a team in 07(theres others im probably forgetting but whatever). But yeah bosh's role right now is perfect for him as the third guy(nothing more and nothing less). Lets also not forget why his numbers were so good in Toronto .. Number one guy , shot attempts etc.

jockrider
05-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Ok enough with the bosh carried the raptors crap. Two playoffs appearances and two first round exits. What people forget believe it or not .. the reason they were so good in 06-07 was because of their team defense and unselfishness. So the team as a whole was a solid group. Regardless of that 3rd seed they had , chris bosh couldnt lead them over the nets in the first round. People tend to forget how good guys like calderon, garbojas , peterson , ford , bargani really were as a team in 07(theres others im probably forgetting but whatever). But yeah bosh's role right now is perfect for him as the third guy(nothing more and nothing less). Lets also not forget why his numbers were so good in Toronto .. Number one guy , shot attempts etc.

+1 good luck with the mavs.

Cal827
05-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Without a doubt. He worked his *** off for this team for at least 6 and a half years. I'm not going to let what might have happened in the last two months really affect my opinion of him. He tried to help this team win. When he thought this team was going in a good direction, he signed an extension rather than test the waters (offer sheets). They tried building around him (as a franchise player) but unfortunately he isn't the main man that they wanted him to be (It's not that he he's not a great player, it's just that franchise players are very rare). Sometimes things just don't work out; his departure was in the best interest of both parties. He went to a team that he felt would win, and we are able to start a proper rebuild (we had quite a few bad contracts (Hedo, Banks etc) that basically gave us a low ceiling with him on the team.)

I don't fully understand all of the scrutiny over his comments about Toronto when he left. All he really said is that Toronto was different and he initially didn't like it here. That's not a rare response, many people don't like moving far away from where they live. For example, If I was told that I would have to go live in Dallas (Not trying to insult Dallas residents, just using an example, apologies for anyone offended) after Living in Canada (Toronto) all of my life, I don't think I would initially love it either. He also said that the city grew on him and he started to love it. Again, if he really hated Toronto, he wouldn't have even bothered to re-sign his first deal. I'm sure a team like Miami, or Dallas or LA would have cleared cap space in order to pry him away after 4 years.

My question to my fellow Raptor fans is If Colangelo didn't make those passive-aggressive remarks about Bosh in the off-season, would your opinion of him be significantly different? I honestly believe that he made those comments to save face: He had an expiring, hefty contract that he wanted renewed, and he needed an excuse for losing a MLSE cash cow for a late pick and a trade excpetion.

Lebron, absolutely embarrassed his former team with that show. I don't know how one can argue against it. But I think an argument can come out

But I'm also happy that that disloyal sack of **** Boozer is out. Let's not forget that this is a guy who had promised to resign with the Cavs on a new contract (when they had Lebron) if they declined his option, then ran to the Jazz. Lame *** overrated jack-*** lol

pebloemer
05-27-2011, 11:03 PM

He worked his tail off for the majority of his stay with the team. I can respect that. Management never put a team around him, nor did they realize that he needed a first option to maximize his effectiveness. He is an outstanding player who is a tier below the type of player you want to build a team around. I appreciate a Raptor's fan giving credit where it is due.

jockrider
05-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Without a doubt. He worked his *** off for this team for at least 6 and a half years. I'm not going to let what might have happened in the last two months really affect my opinion of him. He tried to help this team win. When he thought this team was going in a good direction, he signed an extension rather than test the waters (offer sheets). They tried building around him (as a franchise player) but unfortunately he isn't the main man that they wanted him to be (It's not that he he's not a great player, it's just that franchise players are very rare). Sometimes things just don't work out; his departure was in the best interest of both parties. He went to a team that he felt would win, and we are able to start a proper rebuild (we had quite a few bad contracts (Hedo, Banks etc) that basically gave us a low ceiling with him on the team.)

I don't fully understand all of the scrutiny over his comments about Toronto when he left. All he really said is that Toronto was different and he initially didn't like it here. That's not a rare response, many people don't like moving far away from where they live. For example, If I was told that I would have to go live in Dallas (Not trying to insult Dallas residents, just using an example, apologies for anyone offended) after Living in Canada (Toronto) all of my life, I don't think I would initially love it either. He also said that the city grew on him and he started to love it. Again, if he really hated Toronto, he wouldn't have even bothered to re-sign his first deal. I'm sure a team like Miami, or Dallas or LA would have cleared cap space in order to pry him away after 4 years.

My question to my fellow Raptor fans is If Colangelo didn't make those passive-aggressive remarks about Bosh in the off-season, would your opinion of him be significantly different? I honestly believe that he made those comments to save face: He had an expiring, hefty contract that he wanted renewed, and he needed an excuse for losing a MLSE cash cow for a late pick and a trade excpetion.

Lebron, absolutely embarrassed his former team with that show. I don't know how one can argue against it. But I think an argument can come out

But I'm also happy that that disloyal sack of **** Boozer is out. Let's not forget that this is a guy who had promised to resign with the Cavs on a new contract (when they had Lebron) if they declined his option, then ran to the Jazz. Lame *** overrated jack-*** lol

he worked hard but he let the fame get to his head and he started believing he was like some kind of mega star. only comment i hated was "playing in toronto was like a wolf being stuck in a cage watching others eat steak" that pissed me off cause he said it to his buddies in espn kind of like highschool girls talk crap about their former nerdy friends.

he didn't carry us but he was a a great player for us. VC carried us he was the greatest player we had and he single handily made Toronto a basketball loving city.

hugepatsfan
05-28-2011, 01:40 PM

That argument doesn't really hold any water if you look at his efficiency stats. People assume #1 options on bad teams have their stats inflated - only the inefficient ones. Guys like Bosh in TOR, Love in MIN, etc. are just great players on bad teams. Their stats are not inflated.

Master Mind
05-28-2011, 01:42 PM

Got there the right way

What's the wrong way?

justinnum1
05-28-2011, 01:43 PM
What's the wrong way?

When your a free agent and have the right to go where you want. Thats the wrong way.

:rolleyes:

mjt20mik
05-28-2011, 01:45 PM
That argument doesn't really hold any water if you look at his efficiency stats. People assume #1 options on bad teams have their stats inflated - only the inefficient ones. Guys like Bosh in TOR, Love in MIN, etc. are just great players on bad teams. Their stats are not inflated.

I don't know if you can call them great players. They are all-stars without a doubt, but for me, a great player is a person you can build your team around. I'm not to certain you can build a team around Bosh or Love. They are great complimentary players, but not main guys.

heyman321
05-28-2011, 01:47 PM

You couldn't be more wrong. Bargnani has basically produced the same when he was the number 1 option this year, (besides rebounding because he can't). Chris Bosh was only "good" because he was given the shots and the role of leader.

MelkyNYY
05-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Bosh needs braids.

mjt20mik
05-28-2011, 01:51 PM
When your a free agent and have the right to go where you want. Thats the wrong way.

:rolleyes:

+1

If you can't beat em, join em. Kinda... lol

Sadds The Gr8
05-28-2011, 01:57 PM
bosh is not the type of player u want to surround with talent. In his mind he thinks he's a superstar, the go to guy, the key piece. But we know better don't we jamie?

The guy is an attention whore, who cries when they lose regular season games, then *****es about his touches. What a joke. Im glad we dodged that bullet.

+1

smith&wesson
05-28-2011, 06:07 PM
no love for bosh.

with that being said, miami wouldnt have gotten this far if bosh didnt play as well as he has in the playoffs. he has stepped up for the heat and you cant deny that.

0nekhmer
05-28-2011, 06:10 PM

can you change your ****ing avatar

AddiX
05-28-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm not happy for any of these clowns.

smith&wesson
05-28-2011, 06:25 PM
can you change your ****ing avatar

lol not gonna happen

championships
05-28-2011, 06:33 PM
No I'm not happy for the overrated player who hung on the coat tails of Bron and Wade to get this far.

ManRam
05-28-2011, 06:35 PM
No I'm not happy for the overrated player who hung on the coat tails of Bron and Wade to get this far.

Bosh is no longer overrated. The amount of criticism, and frankly, crap, he got this year almost shoved him into underrated status. He's been very good when they need him to be. No one thinks he's a top 10 player, but he's definitely top 15-20. Most people rate him perfectly, some underrated him...I don't think anyone overrates him any more.

gotoHcarolina52
05-28-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm very happy for the HEAT and for the beautiful city of Miami.

ryang
05-28-2011, 06:42 PM
the hate is so deep its amazing... these threads are an example of how much the HEAT way on people minds

nickdymez
05-28-2011, 06:59 PM

Got there the right way

This

ryang
05-28-2011, 07:03 PM
don't the mavs bring in a boat load of free agents every year?? isnt that what there team is made up of? anyway your right they dont have 3 superstar's i guess thats the right way unless they lose...

nickdymez
05-28-2011, 07:07 PM
don't the mavs bring in a boat load of free agents every year?? isnt that what there team is made up of? anyway your right they dont have 3 superstar's i guess thats the right way unless they lose...

Maybe, but Dirk doesnt text them two years prior and say "Lets join forces"..

championships
05-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Bosh is no longer overrated. The amount of criticism, and frankly, crap, he got this year almost shoved him into underrated status. He's been very good when they need him to be. No one thinks he's a top 10 player, but he's definitely top 15-20. Most people rate him perfectly, some underrated him...I don't think anyone overrates him any more.

He is Overrated for what he is being paid. He has a contract of a super star.
Yeah sure, he has had some nice games this season but he is a NBA player, He better be able to muster up a well played game every once in awhile.

Jonathan2323
05-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah sure, he has had some nice games this season but he is a NBA player, He better be able to muster up a well played game every once in awhile.

He just averaged 23 and 7 on 60% shooting in the ECF finals.

ryang
05-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Maybe, but Dirk doesnt text them two years prior and say "Lets join forces"..

that's cause germans dont text:eyebrow:

beasted86
05-28-2011, 11:52 PM

He just averaged 23 and 7 on 60% shooting in the ECF finals.

Aside from that he makes $14.5M which only puts him as tied for the 22nd highest salary in the NBA.

If Bosh is overrated for what he is being paid at only $14.5M, what does that make Pau Gasol at $17.8M? The most useless player in the NBA?

sventhedog
05-29-2011, 03:50 AM
really don't like bosh since his comments about people can't expect him to score big every night. i know bosh fans consider it just being sensitive. but i can't question the fact that bosh simply is the reason why the heat are in the finals.

C_Mund
05-29-2011, 04:53 AM

I pretty well agree with your sentiment but can't see eye-to-eye with your argument. The supporting cast on this year's raptors team was barely good enough to come off the bench for a basement-dweller. We traded Bosh and Turk for Barbosa, got rid of our starting pg, plus our only rebounder and starting 3 were both lost to injury for half the season. This team was put together to lose. Dude, I bet Gatorade bought stock in the raptors because of all the 10-day call-ups.

Kyben36
05-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Nobodys problem was with bosh, Nobody had a problem with wade and bosh teaming up, the problem came when James betrayed his home team, who had given him nothing but support over the 7 years he was in the league, to basicaly say im not the guy you thought I was, I need the 2nd best player in the league in order to win. thats where my problem came in. If Bosh and Wade win 7 rings good for them, if James win one, ill still hate his ***.

jockrider
05-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Nobodys problem was with bosh, Nobody had a problem with wade and bosh teaming up, the problem came when James betrayed his home team, who had given him nothing but support over the 7 years he was in the league, to basicaly say im not the guy you thought I was, I need the 2nd best player in the league in order to win. thats where my problem came in. If Bosh and Wade win 7 rings good for them, if James win one, ill still hate his ***.

translation= lebron is such a jack *** why didn't he join my team:(