PDA

View Full Version : Would you (neutral fan) be Happy to See Dirk, Kidd, Peja, and Matrix Finally Win?

Tony_Starks
05-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Even though Im still quite salty that they put the Lake Show out (temporarily) I can't really be mad at these guys. Those four guys in particular have put in some serious work over their respective careers and definitely paid their dues. Plus the fact that Kidd, Peja, and Matrix get a chance at a chip when they were considered pretty much washed up is kinda cool as well. I've always admired each of their game, epsecially the younger days.

Add to that Dirks past playoff failures and his chance for redemption and I tell you its hard as a nuetral fan to go against these guys. Except for Terry being a great big huge jerk that is.

Plus I still get some measure of satisfaction from knowing that Kidd and Peja have had their playoff hearts broken by the Lakers numerous times so hey, why not? Give the guys a ring!

Jaji
05-26-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd like to see all those guys get a ring. But I'd rather see LeBron get his first of many. Sorry guys. I like the D Rose, Joakim and the baby Bulls too. Too bad only 1 team can win. Maybe they should all go to South Beach. :shrug:

theheatles
05-26-2011, 04:47 PM
putting bias aside, i never liked marion or peja, but i do like dirk and kidd and with that said i would like dirk and kidd to get a ring...but not over the heat

Raph12
05-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Definitely, all guys who are very deserving... Although idk if they can beat the Heat, they'll just double Dirk on touch and force the rest of the team to beat them, which I don't think they could do 4 times.

td0tsfinest
I'd be happy to see Kidd and Dirk finally get a ring.

SportsFanatic10
i'm a marion fan from his brief time in miami and i think dirk and kidd deserve it so i wouldn't mind seeing them win too much. but its likely that miami will be the loser in that case so i'd be upset for a while first before being happy for them if that happened.

JordansBulls
05-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Even though Im still quite salty that they put the Lake Show out (temporarily) I can't really be mad at these guys. Those four guys in particular have put in some serious work over their respective careers and definitely paid their dues. Plus the fact that Kidd, Peja, and Matrix get a chance at a chip when they were considered pretty much washed up is kinda cool as well. I've always admired each of their game, epsecially the younger days.

Add to that Dirks past playoff failures and his chance for redemption and I tell you its hard as a nuetral fan to go against these guys. Except for Terry being a great big huge jerk that is.

Plus I still get some measure of satisfaction from knowing that Kidd and Peja have had their playoff hearts broken by the Lakers numerous times so hey, why not? Give the guys a ring!

I'd like to see them get a ring. It just puts another franchise on the map that has won a title.

MiamiWadeCounty
Dirk - yes
J. Kidd - yes
Peja - i guess
Matrix - nuetral

Purple&Gold24
Dirk and Kidd deserve it. Miami is in the way.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
no

cambovenzi
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
No not really, but id be happy the heat didnt win

Rentzias
05-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Sure. Even when we (Nuggets) played against these guys, I never felt animosity against them, like I do some other players/teams.

allSUAVE
05-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Bullet to any non-heatles fan that dont want the Mavs to WIN

Tony_Starks
05-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Definitely, all guys who are very deserving... Although idk if they can beat the Heat, they'll just double Dirk on touch and force the rest of the team to beat them, which I don't think they could do 4 times.

I don't know they're pretty evenly matched. Miami has the advantage on the perimeter but Dallas has the advantage with the bigs. Plus if Miami just doubles Dallas has proved they can win with him having just a ok game, they have the shooters around him to make them pay.

Should be fun, assuming Miami is there.

Sly Guy
05-26-2011, 05:05 PM
yep, but what I like doesn't matter, they're playing good enough to win it all this year.

nickdymez
05-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Dirk, kinda.. Kid, yes.... Peja and marion i could give 6 1/2 ***** about..

LTBaByyy
05-26-2011, 05:10 PM
If you arent a heat fan you should be pulling for the Mavs

I never want Lebron to get a ring lol

TheHighLife
05-26-2011, 05:11 PM
The Kings shoulda had it back in '02. Peja and the Mavs will win the championship. The Heat don't have a chance against them. Quote this, I dare you.

LionsFan..LOL
05-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Yep, it would be even sweeter for the Mavs to win over the Heat

AntiG
05-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Absolutely. All class guys who have just never gotten over the hump. It was heartbreaking seeing Kidd and the Nets lose two years in a row in the Finals. I'm rooting for them, for these guys.

kntresistheheat
05-26-2011, 05:14 PM
I would like to see J Howard, Magloire, Bibby, Dampier, Miller, and Lebron!

Khalifa21
05-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I would be happy.. But as Jaji said, i'd rather see LeBron get his first since i'm a massive fan of his.

So it's a big win (LeBron gets his first)/small loss (Dirk, Kidd, Matrix, Peja get theirs) situation, assuming it's a Heat/Mavs finals.

rhino17
05-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't care about Marion so much, but the there 3 are some of the best of their generation, so I wouldn't mind seeing them win, especially if that means Miami loses

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Dirk - yes
J. Kidd - yes
Peja - i guess
Matrix - nuetral

you literally stole my post haha.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 05:19 PM
yes

Raph12
05-26-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't know they're pretty evenly matched. Miami has the advantage on the perimeter but Dallas has the advantage with the bigs. Plus if Miami just doubles Dallas has proved they can win with him having just a ok game, they have the shooters around him to make them pay.

Should be fun, assuming Miami is there.

Wade and Lebron will go off each game, while Chandler's perimeter defense on Bosh will be in question. On the other end, the Heat are athletic enough to double Dirk on touch in the post and yet close out to the shooters, if the shooters are hitting shots at a high clip, then they could win... I just can't see the Heat losing this, although I'd love for Dirk & Kidd to win their first ring.

akesh99
05-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Dirk is playing like an absolute monster! He definitely deserves a ring and I hope he gets it this year

islandprince
05-26-2011, 05:29 PM
wud love to c dirk n kidd finally win kid was always one of my fav players

northsider
05-26-2011, 05:30 PM
I believe Bron will get a ring and prob. a few but, I feel like if it ends up being the Heat and Mavs. I am going to pull for the Mavs just cause I grew up a big fan of Kidd and I truly think Dirk deserves a ring.

Wade already has one, and Lebron and Bosh will soon get one with that Heat team if it isn't this year. I just think honestly unless you are a Heat fan cheering for the Mavs would be pretty easy.

CeeDub15
05-26-2011, 05:34 PM
I would love to see them win a ring as well.

Hustlenomics
05-26-2011, 05:37 PM
damn how many times has Jason Kidd made the finals? lol he needs to win one now

Heater4life
05-26-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd like to see all those guys get a ring. But I'd rather see LeBron get his first of many. Sorry guys. I like the D Rose, Joakim and the baby Bulls too. Too bad only 1 team can win. Maybe they should all go to South Beach. :shrug:

putting bias aside, i never liked marion or peja, but i do like dirk and kidd and with that said i would like dirk and kidd to get a ring...but not over the heat

i'm a marion fan from his brief time in miami and i think dirk and kidd deserve it so i wouldn't mind seeing them win too much. but its likely that miami will be the loser in that case so i'd be upset for a while first before being happy for them if that happened.

I would like to see J Howard, Magloire, Bibby, Dampier, Miller, and Lebron!

Yeah, I would be happy.. But as Jaji said, i'd rather see LeBron get his first since i'm a massive fan of his.

So it's a big win (LeBron gets his first)/small loss (Dirk, Kidd, Matrix, Peja get theirs) situation, assuming it's a Heat/Mavs finals.

Agree. Id like to see it, just not at the expense of the Heat.

C_Mund
05-26-2011, 05:43 PM
I honestly believe that the Heat will start winning either now or very soon. Dirk and Kidd deserve a 'chip and I think this is going to be their only year to have a shot. Especially Kidd, his motor seems to be stuck in second gear these days.
...also, I've been a huge fan of Marion from his days in Phoenix with Marbury, then Nash. He's a different player now but I'd be super happy to see him win.
Assuming the Heat make it, this is going to be a dynamite series. Two completely different styles.

DwayneMVPwade
05-26-2011, 05:54 PM
yeah, especially dirk and kidd

ne3xchamps
05-26-2011, 05:54 PM

+1. I think a lot of people feel that way. 2 class acts and stand up dudes.

nycsports2
05-26-2011, 05:56 PM
def would be happy for those vets and also that the bandwagoners in SoFl will disappear

John Walls Era
05-26-2011, 05:57 PM
No I dont like any of those players, except Dirk.

gotoHcarolina52
05-26-2011, 06:22 PM
I would like to see Dirk and Cuban win a title. I hope Dallas beats the every living **** out of Chicago.

Crackadalic
05-26-2011, 06:28 PM
I want J-kidd to finally get his ring and put a stamp to a hall of fame career.

dtmagnet
05-26-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd like them to, and it would be double good because it means the Heat lose.

ink
05-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes. My preferences would be 1. Mavs, 2. Bulls, 3. OKC. I'm just not interested in the Heat. It would be great to see Dirk rewarded for a great career. He is the epitome of loyalty.

Tuck&Rolle
05-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes ive always liked Dirk. Maybe this will sound a bit racist but I enjoy watching the few good white players left. I just wish Dirk and Nash would have stayed together in Dallas cause those are my favorite 2 players in the NBA.

LakersA's49ers
05-26-2011, 06:41 PM
man. imma diehard lakers fan, butttttttttttttt they deserve it. cuban built a team that doesnt take cheapshots. they were built to take care of business. hard to believe NO rings for them. Theyve been a solid team for years

ink
05-26-2011, 06:42 PM
I want J-kidd to finally get his ring and put a stamp to a hall of fame career.

Agreed. So many reasons to want the Mavs to win. Dirk, Marion, Kidd, Terry, Barea, Chandler. All good stories and the first three on that list have had stellar, unrewarded careers. I'd love to see them holding up the championship trophy.

njnets
05-26-2011, 06:54 PM
definitely want kidd to win one. his stay in jersey did not end well, but he played his *** off and brought the franchise to new heights at the beginning of his stint. he led the nets to 2 consecutive finals. i want him to get his ring, especially against the heat.

dirk has a reputation of not playing good in the playoffs and he is playing beautiful this year. some also said he could not get to the finals and win as the go to guy so we shall see.

marion and peja are good players that should get a ring. i think peja got screwed out of the 2002 finals but thats a story for another day.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I like the squad out there in Dallas. And wouldn't be upset if they won it all this year. But, LeBron and Wade are 2 of my favs, so I wanna see LeBron get his 1st!

smith&wesson
05-26-2011, 07:01 PM
i would really be happy for disco dirk and kidd.

happy for kidd because the guy is 38 years old and i want to see him retire with a ship under his belt.

for dirk because for soo many years he and the mavs were considered flop shows in the playoffs, losing to the 8th seed golden state team, or winning the first two games of a finals series vs miami only for the heat to come back and win 4 straight.. Dirks had some really really tough playoff outings i think he is very deserving.

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Absolutely

NBAfan4life
05-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Hell yeah because that would mean the Heat did not win.

MalZee24
05-26-2011, 07:08 PM

Peja didnt have his heart broken by the lakers. Dick Bavetta and Bob Delaney did it, behind orders of David Stern of course. Im no kings fan, but game 6 2002 still haunts me and makes me sick to this day as a basketball fan.

buch88
05-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Peja didnt have his heart broken by the lakers. Dick Bavetta and Bob Delaney did it, behind orders of David Stern of course. Im no kings fan, but game 6 2002 still haunts me and makes me sick to this day as a basketball fan.

agreed 100%

llemon
05-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Only speaking for myself, obviously, but I will be unhappy that the team that wins the Finals (unless the Bulls get there, and I ain't crazy about them) wins the Finals, but will be happy that the team that loses the has lost the Finals.

It's the 1980's, and Lakers vs. Celts all over again.

Really don't see me watching much of a Heat-Mavs Finals.

BaddNewz
05-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Would rather see nash and hill won one but I'll take dirk & co. also

Tdotraptors
05-26-2011, 07:22 PM

thats what the lakers did......and we all know how that ended hahaha

Bishnoff
05-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Definitely.

GodsSon
05-26-2011, 07:38 PM

+1...It's been a long time coming, especially for Kidd, who is the best PG of this generation IMO.

The_Jamal
05-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Definetely rooting for Dallas, I'd love to see Kidd and Peja win

Kashmir13579
05-26-2011, 07:58 PM

Bibby also got shafted and committed that infamous "offensive foul" when his face met with Kobe's elbow.

Allthatisports
05-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Absolutely. I would like to see Dirk get a ring for the simple reason of seeing such a humble player finally win the title. The icing on the cake is that Kidd is on the same team. I'll definitely be rooting for the Mavericks against the Heat/Bulls...whoever their opponent may be.

mdm692
05-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Nash is most deserving in entire nba

KnicksR4Real
05-26-2011, 08:54 PM
most certaibly

Kdirt
05-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Dirk has been loyal to Dallas and has overcome adversity all of his career. He's proven that he can carry a team on his back. He never sold out and recruited stars or joined them ala Lebron and Bosh. He deserves a championship more than anyone else in the league right now.

AKA TheMamba
05-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Maybe not peja since he was a late add in this season but yes very deserving especially JKIDD..

el_primo_nano
05-26-2011, 09:04 PM
I've hated Dirk and the hype surrounding him for years, but now I have the utmost respect for him and hopes he wins the title. The best player I ever saw play basketball was J-Kidd, so of course I would love to see him win a ring..

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I'd be happy to see them get a ring.

Bravo95
05-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Dirk and Kidd, yeah. Wouldn't mind seeing the ex-Hawk Jason Terry win it. He was the only player going all out every game back when Atlanta never made the playoffs, and the idiots in this front office traded him away.

CityofChaos
05-26-2011, 09:29 PM
No. I wouldnt be happy to see them win it because I could care less about those four players or the Mavs in general. Do I think they deserve it? Sure why not, but so does the other team that will meet them in the finals

ShockerArt
05-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I would be happy to see Dirk and Kidd win rings. They are both great players who have played at a HOF level for a long time. I could care less about Marion and Peja.

LakersMaster24
05-26-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd love to see them win. Especially Dirk and Kidd. They took out the champs, they deserve to win it all.

GspLAL
05-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Dirk yes, don't care for the others.

Pete Dahh Sneak
05-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Peja and Kidd!

AnalyzeNShoot
05-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Dirk and Kidd deserve their dues. Peja too but not so much. Marion hate him he forced his way outta suns he could have won with them.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-26-2011, 09:51 PM
I hope they win because of their age. Miami and Chicago should have plenty of opportunities to win some. The Mavs and these players in particular are towards the end of their ropes.

kalel
05-26-2011, 10:03 PM
i would if it weren't for the fact that that the weasel (cuban) gets one as well.

JJ_JKidd
05-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Yes. They have been playoff warriors over the years. Its high time they win one :clap:

numba1CHANGsta
05-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Id love for Kidd and Dirk win it, but I could careless about anyone else on that Mavericks roster, but id pick Dirk and Kidd to win it over any Heat player

Chacarron
05-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Nope. I want Bibby and Juwan Howard to get a ring.

jkiddvc20
05-26-2011, 11:34 PM
As you can tell in my username Jason Kidd is my favorite player of all time....

I also love Dirk and want the Mavs to get this SO badly

DodgerBulls
05-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Yes, I will be happy if Kidd finally win one. I was pulling for the Nets in the Finals almost a decade ago. For Dirk, he still has a window, but Kidd definitely needs it now. For Peja, man, I really like him during the Lakers-Kings rivalry so I wouldn't mind him getting one.

DodgerBulls
05-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Nope. I want Bibby and Juwan Howard to get a ring.

Bibby and Peja in the Finals, just playing for different teams.

Cano4prez
05-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Well Dirk is my faVorite non Heat player, so even if Miami loses Id be happy we lost to the Mavs, but disappointed nonetheless

However Heat in 6

SportsAndrew25
05-27-2011, 02:01 AM
I want them to win one just because they are getting old.

wesso2008
05-27-2011, 10:31 AM
As a neutral fan i would LOVE to see Dallas win their first 'ship...especially at the expense of the HEAT.

Jkid56
05-27-2011, 11:12 AM
As a neutral fan i would LOVE to see Dallas win their first 'ship...especially at the expense of the HEAT.

Um.....ya......Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhttt tttt....Neutral BULLS fan huh? :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
05-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Jason Kidd has been a jerk off the court his whole career and Marion is a whiner. I can't stand either one of them.

I'd be happy for Dirk but that's really it.

IndiansFan337
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM

I hope they all win it. They're playing very good right now, but I don't think that they will beat Miami.

spurs4#5
05-27-2011, 11:45 AM
im i die hard spurs fan so i absolutely hate the mavericks...but with that being said i respect the hell out of dirk and kidd so i want them to take it this year...now if there was someone way those guys could win the title and jason terry was excluded from it...it would make me a very happy spurs fan lol

Tony_Starks
05-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Jason Kidd has been a jerk off the court his whole career and Marion is a whiner. I can't stand either one of them.

I'd be happy for Dirk but that's really it.

How do you know this? I can only think of one public incident he's been in and that was that domestic dispute but that was years ago..... Other than that by all accounts he's a pretty cool guy.