PDA

View Full Version : Nike asks Barkley why he doesn't like LeBron

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
05-26-2011, 11:40 AM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/05/25/nike.called.charles.barkley.lay.criticism.lebron.j ames

Charles Barkley controversy alert. His latest subject of disdain…Nike. The sports wear company called Sir Charles to tell him to take it easy on his criticism of company poster-boy LeBron James, after being overly critical of "The Decision" as well as making numerous negative comments about the Miami Heat. Last week Barkley called the Heat whiny, and said they don't take responsibility for fans reactions to their cocky predictions before the season started. Heat fans have responded pretty hostile to Barkley during the Eastern Conference Finals, forcing TNT to move their studio show inside.

Barkley side:
Barkley said: “I don’t know if Dwyane’s upset with me, but I don’t sit around and worry about it.” He said LeBron James hasn’t said anything to him. “These athletes today are all wussified,” Barkley said. “I’ve been saying LeBron’s been the best player in the league for three years. And I say one thing criticizing The Decision, and I get a phone call from Nike saying why don’t I like LeBron? It’s interesting how this [expletive] works. These groups today, if you don’t say 100 percent positive about their guy or their team, they overreact.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/25/2233219_p2/golden-talks-quarterbacks-barkley.html

towlsmoke420
05-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha

mikealike305
05-26-2011, 11:44 AM
it's not what u say, it's how u say it

xbrackattackx
05-26-2011, 11:46 AM
I agree with Barley, Why should Nike be able to tell some one what opinion to have.

THE GIPPER
05-26-2011, 11:46 AM
:facepalm:

SteBO
05-26-2011, 11:47 AM
My problem with Barkely is the double-standards he coveys when he talks about the Heat, but he has a point here imo. But again, as mikealike305 said, it's about how you're saying it. I doubt Barkely cares anyway, but it isn't up to Nike to tell him what to say.

NYK4L
05-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Unbelievable :facepalm: Does nike think there helping lbj's image this way?

jp611
05-26-2011, 11:48 AM
:laugh:

Poor Lebron's feelings get hurt

SoxBearsBulls!
05-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey Nike, its called freedom of speech...

I wish they would still put those LeBron vs Kobe puppet ads, they were funny, unfortunately not the way Nike intended them to be.

ne3xchamps
i agree with barley, why should nike be able to tell some one what opinion to have.

+1

AlexTmz2

True.

kozelkid
05-26-2011, 11:55 AM
It's when I hear crap like this along with Nike potentially making 4 billion if Lebron finally wins it, that I start to wonder how many times Nike has made similar calls to the NBA to help Lebron get calls. Unbelievable.

ne3xchamps
05-26-2011, 11:56 AM
:laugh:

Poor Lebron's feelings get hurt

I was guessing the same thing. He probably called nike to tell them, "say something to chuck, he hurt my feelings". :laugh2:

ne3xchamps
05-26-2011, 11:58 AM

its still freedom of speech, and able to express opinions. end of story. Plus like Barkley really gives a **** what nike says or thinks.

dnewguy
05-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Barkley should take it easy, many of us don't judge him as a man in his "decision" to drive drunk in pursuit of a head game from a prostitute. he shouldn't be the one judging lebron's actions.

kenzo400
05-26-2011, 12:02 PM
its still freedom of speech, and able to express opinions. end of story. Plus like Barkley really gives a **** what nike says or thinks.

umm not exactly. The NBA is a private organization, freedom of speech does not apply. The charter is essentially useless. Barkley could technically get fired for saying certain things that the NBA doesnt agree with. NIKE as well could pressure NBA into making sure Barkley doesn't say whatever he wants to. I doubt any of this will happen, but he doesn't have any real freedom. Nobody who works for a corporation does.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Barkley should take it easy, many of us don't judge him as a man in his "decision" to drive drunk in pursuit of a head game from a prostitute. he shouldn't be the one judging lebron's actions.
******** comparison

mikealike305
05-26-2011, 12:05 PM

im not arguing that. just if u read Barkleys quote in the OP

"And I say one thing criticizing The Decision, and I get a phone call from Nike saying why don’t I like LeBron? It’s interesting how this [expletive] works. These groups today, if you don’t say 100 percent positive about their guy or their team, they overreact.”

he acts as if he doesnt understand why some people might feel like he doesnt like Lebron or that he has something against the Heat.
well it is cuz what i said, its not what he says, but how he says it.
he has the right to express himself how ever he so chooses but dont wonder why people (mostly heat fans) might have a problem with him

sixer04fan
05-26-2011, 12:05 PM

He's allowed to have an opinion... You can agree with it or not, care about it or not, but he's allowed to have an opinion.

Hellcrooner
05-26-2011, 12:10 PM
whats the surprise?

nike spent all of the 80s and 90s ( and they still do to some extent) shutting up Mj critics.

try to find on court mj fails in youtube like being dunked on or being stealt the ball or somethign of the like.

NOTHING you will be able to find.

i wachted the games and he screw up some times you know? but now it seems it never happened.
wonder who "cleans" youtube

sixer04fan
05-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Nike is making themselves and Lebron look bad here... They had to know Barkley would tell all that they contacted him about this.

THE_FLASH_21
05-26-2011, 12:13 PM

Calm down Nike!!!!

swirl54
05-26-2011, 12:13 PM
I am glad Nike makes crap shoes these days i sure don't want to support them. Now quick hide the tape of LeBum getting dunked on hurry his image could get hurt hurry. Also Charles SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Don't hate on "The King" what were you thinking?

chisox721
05-26-2011, 12:14 PM
whats the surprise?

nike spent all of the 80s and 90s ( and they still do to some extent) shutting up Mj critics.

try to find on court mj fails in youtube like being dunked on or being stealt the ball or somethign of the like.

i wachted the games and he screw up some times you know? but now it seems it never happened.
There's no videos of Jordan being "stealt" because nobody cares about watching a video of Jordan getting "stealt"

swirl54
05-26-2011, 12:14 PM
whats the surprise?

Please don't bring up THE LEGEND when talking about LeBron

THE_FLASH_21
05-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Nike is making themselves and Lebron look bad here... They had to know Barkley would tell all that they contacted him about this.

This!!!

gboogy
I agree with Barley, Why should Nike be able to tell some one what opinion to have.

cause they got the money n money rules the world my brotha

swirl54
there's no videos of jordan being "stealt" because nobody cares about watching a video of jordan getting "stealt"

+ one meeeeeeelion

heyman321
05-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Is Barkley sponsored by Nike? If not he can say whatever the **** he wants.

JordansBulls
05-26-2011, 12:16 PM
whats the surprise?

What a surprise. Yeah Nike is much better than Converse.:clap:

chisox721
05-26-2011, 12:17 PM
LeBrick is an ***** for so many reasons.

-The Decision
-Getting Nike to steal the tape of him getting dunked on by my man JC
-Being a choker
-Heat coming out party--so lame
-This, if he had anything to do with it

dnewguy
05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
******** comparison

He's allowed to have an opinion... You can agree with it or not, care about it or not, but he's allowed to have an opinion.

Just saying, who would you rather be, the guy that made his "decision" on TV or the guy that was driving drunk in pursuit of head from a prostitute.

I expect an answer from you two.

AlexTmz2
Please don't bring up THE LEGEND when talking about LeBron

You mean the GOAT...

smith&wesson
whats the surprise?

search iverson crosses mj. its there.

koLohe2133
05-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Geeeeeeeeeeez.

When will Lebron ever fight his own battle? Nike needs to realize that their "golden boy" is exactly that.

A boy. A child stuck in a freak'sbody with unbelievable athleticism.

"********", "my twitter was hacked", "waaah waaah"'.

Charles said lebron doesn't talk to him anymore.....yup real mature bron bron.

swirl54
05-26-2011, 12:20 PM
you mean the goat...

all of the above "the greatest that ever did it"

smith&wesson
05-26-2011, 12:20 PM
this is only hurting LBJ's image more. you cant shut barkley up he is there to talk.

swirl54
05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Just saying, who would you rather be, the guy that made his "decision" on TV or the guy that was driving drunk in pursuit of head from a prostitute.

I'd rather be ME

koLohe2133

"I AM NOT A ROLE MODEL"

-Sir Charles circa 1990's....when REAL MEN PLAYED BALL.

mikealike305

it works both ways tho.
barkley can say whatever he wants, but so can fans, and so can nike, so if nike wants to express their displeasure with charles, they have that right as well.

justinnum1
lol

chisox721
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM

Barkley made a drunken mistake. What percentage of people in the US have gotten DUI's? Does that make it right, no, but it happens.

LeBrick made himself look like an absolute fool and dragged fans from multiple organizations along for the ride when he knew for years exactly what he was going to do. He chose the most pathetic way to handle the situation. I would not be nearly as a big of a LeBrick hater if he would have just held a press conference announcing his decision or be really cool like KD and announce it on twitter. But no, LeBrick is way too pompous and self centered to do something like that.

magichatnumber9
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't mean to get off topic but what other things does Nike possibly meddle with? On topic, Charles Barkley is an entertainer for TNT. He gives opinions and that's it. Not anything to put any stock into.

RedRicanoBx
05-26-2011, 12:24 PM

Hence "The Decision" ?? lol :clap:

dnewguy
05-26-2011, 12:26 PM
"I AM NOT A ROLE MODEL"

-Sir Charles circa 1990's....when REAL MEN PLAYED BALL.

Well I can't hate on Sir Charles, his DUI helped raise money for the justice department, and Lebron's "decision" helped raise money for the boys and girls club.

Sly Guy
05-26-2011, 12:30 PM
lol, no one's allowed to have opinions anymore. We're all whores to corporations!

Lo Porto
05-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Unbelievable :facepalm: Does nike think there helping lbj's image this way?

It worked for Jordan when Nike did it's best to cover up Jordan's flaws by overrating what he did well. Nike knows what's they're doing, and what they do is convince most of the fans that the current star is the best thing that's ever been around with complete neglect to the past. Come to think of it, I might be saying the same thing about ESPN...

king4day
05-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Freedom of speech. Unless Barkley is under contract with Nike, they had no business reaching out to him.
Nike knows what they got themselves into and Lebron will still make them a ton of money.

I thought any publicity is good publicity anyway

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 12:40 PM
i agree with him. this humble, soft, crybaby bull **** that players nowdays have is annoying. Lebron is so soft...

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Barkley is right on here.

YankeeClipper5
05-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Did Nike really think Barkley would stay quiet??

Just turrrible

redwhitenblue
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't think this is the only time this week that this has happened.

Listen to the first 2 games of the ECF with Kerr and Miller, they are ripping the refs apart, calling out the bad or questionable calls and bluntly saying the refs are having bad games. The last two games, they haven't made a peep, even when bad calls have gone either way. Not a single thing except "well I guess that was the right call".

I have little doubt the NBA told TNT's crew to ease off the refs too.

Hustlenomics
05-26-2011, 01:04 PM
lmao did Barkley say this on TNT?

Tanakid777
05-26-2011, 01:09 PM
umm not exactly. The NBA is a private organization, freedom of speech does not apply. The charter is essentially useless. Barkley could technically get fired for saying certain things that the NBA doesnt agree with. NIKE as well could pressure NBA into making sure Barkley doesn't say whatever he wants to. I doubt any of this will happen, but he doesn't have any real freedom. Nobody who works for a corporation does.

:facepalm: He works for Turner Broadcasting, not the NBA

sixer04fan
05-26-2011, 01:10 PM

I gotcha. But I'm just saying I don't think Barkley is in the wrong here. But to answer your question, I would rather be Lebron James than Charles Barkley if I had a choice lol.

asandhu23
05-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Poor LeBawn

daleja424
05-26-2011, 01:21 PM
First of all, Barkley has been known to say some fictional stuff... so I am not sure if this one-liner about Nike is a true tale of the events.

If it is indeed true... I can certainly understand Nike wanting to squash Barkley's criticism... but they also have NO right to actually attempt to do so. If the story is true, shame on Nike. If the story is an exagerration or is flat out made up, shame on Charles.

Either way I have a feeling that people are going to take this moment to bash on Lebron some more even though he has ZERO to do with it...

Avenged
05-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Now I have seen/heard everything when it comes to Lebron..

Barkley said it best - "Wussified" -.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Charles Barkley is such a hypocrite. He's so jealous that LeBron will do what he was NEVER able to do and that's win a ring.

Who is Charles Barkley to criticize LeBron? Didn't Barkley go to Houston to team up with three other HOFers (Hakeem, Clyde and Pippen) after LOSING to Houston 2 years in a row? Both times after squandering 2-0 series leads? I don't remember LeBron ever losing to the Heat in the playoffs before teaming up with his very good friend D Wade.

Not only that, Charles is just wrong. LeBron is the best player on the planet and the Heat are about to win a title. Deal with it Chuck! You'd think after being sent home so early so often Chuck would be able to swing a golf club better.

Car Ramrod
05-26-2011, 01:31 PM
First of all, Barkley has been known to say some fictional stuff... so I am not sure if this one-liner about Nike is a true tale of the events.

If it is indeed true... I can certainly understand Nike wanting to squash Barkley's criticism... but they also have NO right to actually attempt to do so. If the story is true, shame on Nike. If the story is an exagerration or is flat out made up, shame on Charles.

Either way I have a feeling that people are going to take this moment to bash on Lebron some more even though he has ZERO to do with it...

Who cares whether Barkley is right or wrong. He is entertaining and pro sports needs more personalities like this. It makes it fun and at the end of the day I don't know Lebron, Barkley or any of these people. Its entertainment and if people that are getting paid for being watched can't talk criticism, find another job.

That being said how is Barkley wrong anyways? You make claims about championships you've created you're own target.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Pretty Clay Aiken of Nike to do that. Barkley dishes it out on everybody. Did they call when he said Kobe is old and not the same Kobe?

I really don't get all the hurt feelings in Miami over Barkley. It would be different if he just exclusively dissed them and no one else but he keeps it real about all teams. Killed my Lakers all year. Downright clowns the Knicks. Dissed the Spurs all year even though they had the best record. Thats what he gets paid to do, don't be mad......

Giantwarrior
nike should re-release the CB-4 kicks, in Miami Heat colors.

SteBO
I know Heat fans aren't going to like Barkely for what he said, but he speaks the truth here. Nike should have never got in touch with him, it makes no sense for them to do so because...

1) It makes LeBron, and themselves look bad

2) Barkely doesn't give a rats' *** what they think, so it's really a waste of time, and

3) Barkely is just going to criticize LeBron even more now, whether it's warranted or not. That's how Charles is and that isn't going to change.

He has a right to his opinion, they have a right to theres', and we have a right to ours so why does it matter what Barkely thinks?

daleja424
05-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Who cares whether Barkley is right or wrong. He is entertaining and pro sports needs more personalities like this. It makes it fun and at the end of the day I don't know Lebron, Barkley or any of these people. Its entertainment and if people that are getting paid for being watched can't talk criticism, find another job.

That being said how is Barkley wrong anyways? You make claims about championships you've created you're own target.

HUH? None of that has anything to do with my post... even a little...

My post was about Nike not having the right to censor Charles... if it actually happened...

mdm692
05-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Wats wrong with barkely?? He tells the truth the heat can be the best team in nba but they whine and have a lot of weaknesses exposed at times

daleja424
05-26-2011, 01:35 PM
I know Heat fans aren't going to like Barkely for what he said, but he speaks the truth here. Nike should have never got in touch with him, it makes no sense for them to do so because...

2) Barkely doesn't give a rats' *** what they think, so it's really a waste of time, and

3) Barkely is just going to criticize LeBron even more now, whether it's warranted or not. That's how Charles is and that isn't going to change.

He has a right to his opinion, they have a right to theres', and we have a right to ours so why does it matter what Barkely thinks?

I dont think it is recent. The quote made me think he was talking about something that happened a while ago... not something that happened last night.

mikealike305
05-26-2011, 01:37 PM

i agree. altough nike also has the right to say what they want, it wasnt a smart move.
i used to let charles bother me but then i just remember he gets paid to be loud and for shock value

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 01:38 PM
pretty clay aiken of nike to do that. Barkley dishes it out on everybody. Did they call when he said kobe is old and not the same kobe?

I really don't get all the hurt feelings in miami over barkley. It would be different if he just exclusively dissed them and no one else but he keeps it real about all teams. Killed my lakers all year. Downright clowns the knicks. Dissed the spurs all year even though they had the best record. Thats what he gets paid to do, don't be mad......

+1

SteBO
05-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I dont think it is recent. The quote made me think he was talking about something that happened a while ago... not something that happened last night.
I didn't think of that. :shrug: Maybe that's the case. Still, my points are valid. Who cares what Barkely says, his true colors about LeBron and this Heat team are obvious.

Double_R
05-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't get Heat fans sticking up for this guy when it's issues like this. First of all most of you Heat fans that were Heat fans before they got Lebron, couldn't stand him and talked all the time about how Wade is better. Now I get the whole backing his play, but I seriously don't get you guys backing all the other stuff with such conviction like this or when Nike got rid of the video of him getting dunked on by that kid or the "Decision" or Delonte West or his mom or his ego or his cartoon or his wanting to be global campaign or etc. etc. etc.

I grew up in South FL, lived in Miami and I know a ton of Heat fans, but none of them act like you guys do, they have been Heat fans long before the days of Wade and Shaq. Anyway, I don't get the sticking up for a guy when he does absolutely douchey things. I am all for the Heat fans that are like yea this is story is wack and shows what a baby Lebron is off the court, but I don't care because he wins us games and is the best player in the world.

daleja424
05-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I didn't think of that. :shrug: Maybe that's the case. Still, my points are valid. Who cares what Barkely says, his true colors about LeBron and this Heat team are obvious.

I mentioned it in reference to you part 3...

SteBO
05-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I mentioned it in reference to you part 3...

Oh. You didn't bold it so I thoughtyou were talking about all of it haha. He made his opinion known form day 1 just like everyone else, so yeah. You're right. :)

daleja424
05-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I don't get Heat fans sticking up for this guy when it's issues like this. First of all most of you Heat fans that were Heat fans before they got Lebron, couldn't stand him and talked all the time about how Wade is better. Now I get the whole backing his play, but I seriously don't get you guys backing all the other stuff with such conviction like this or when Nike got rid of the video of him getting dunked on by that kid or the "Decision" or Delonte West or his mom or his ego or his cartoon or his wanting to be global campaign or etc. etc. etc.

I grew up in South FL, lived in Miami and I know a ton of Heat fans, but none of them act like you guys do, they have been Heat fans long before the days of Wade and Shaq. Anyway, I don't get the sticking up for a guy when he does absolutely douchey things. I am all for the Heat fans that are like yea this is story is wack and shows what a baby Lebron is off the court, but I don't care because he wins us games and is the best player in the world.

you realize that as far as this quote goes...Lebron has nothing to do with it. How does lebron come off looking bad for something Nike did!?!? :facepalm:

thaShady
05-26-2011, 01:44 PM

actually....he is an analyst and its what he is paid to do

redwhitenblue
05-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Charles Barkley is such a hypocrite. He's so jealous that LeBron will do what he was NEVER able to do and that's win a ring.

Who is Charles Barkley to criticize LeBron? Didn't Barkley go to Houston to team up with three other HOFers (Hakeem, Clyde and Pippen) after LOSING to Houston 2 years in a row? Both times after squandering 2-0 series leads? I don't remember LeBron ever losing to the Heat in the playoffs before teaming up with his very good friend D Wade.

Not only that, Charles is just wrong. LeBron is the best player on the planet and the Heat are about to win a title. Deal with it Chuck! You'd think after being sent home so early so often Chuck would be able to swing a golf club better.
Umm...no? Barkley was with Houston from 1996-the 99/00 season

Pippen joined Houston in 1999. They played one year together, in which Barkley only played 20 games (it was his final season).

And in Barkley's final year with PHO, they lost to SA in the playoffs.

TheHighLife
05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Poor wittle LeBron. Would you like some bread with that wine?

SteBO
05-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Poor wittle LeBron. Would you like some bread with that wine?

Yeah, LeBron definitely made these statements by Nike :eyebrow:

daleja424
05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
once again... people don't use their reading comprehension skills... they see lebron's name and they bash him... even when he has nothing to do with the discussion.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Barkley wasn't in his prime when he joined Houston...

godolphins
05-26-2011, 01:52 PM
What's up with the OP always trying to stir things up :eyebrow:

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 01:52 PM

Ummmm... didn't he say that. At least the part about Lebron being the best player. He said it even when Kobe was the popular choice in the media too. So I don't think you're really justified in the bolded statement. I'd say he's "dealing" w/ Lebron being the best player pretty well.

Oh and I find it interesting how you spend all day posting how championships are a team stat and shouldn't be used to judge individual players in another debate we have on a different forum, yet here you use Chuck's lack of a ring as a way to discredit his opinion.

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 01:56 PM

Honestly, it really doesn't matter. People need to get over this "teaming up" thing. You don't win in the NBA unless you have 2 elite players, for the most part. It's always been like that, w/ a few exceptions.

#24 Lakerland
05-26-2011, 01:59 PM

That was the worst comparison I have ever herd. "The decision" is NBA related while drunk driving is a personal matter. It's not like Barkley went public and made a show "The drunk idiot" and showed everyone he was DUI and with a prostitute. Only reason why Lebron went public about his decision is because of money so he deserves to get criticized.

Barkley is doing his job and giving his OWN opinion, which is wanted from TNT. If what he is doing/saying is wrong, TNT would fire him themselves.

Double_R
you realize that as far as this quote goes...Lebron has nothing to do with it. How does lebron come off looking bad for something Nike did!?!? :facepalm:

Seriously with your response and a facepalm, come on. You think that Lebron has nothing to do with this? Just like he had nothing to do with when Nike told that guy who was filming the scrimmage where he got posterized to delete the footage, it just so happened right after Lebron had gone up to his people right before that.

You are who I am talking about.

avrpatsfan
You just did.

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 02:00 PM
You just did.

:laugh2:

Double_R
05-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Honestly, it really doesn't matter. People need to get over this "teaming up" thing. You don't win in the NBA unless you have 2 elite players, for the most part. It's always been like that, w/ a few exceptions.

Name a team that has had 2 top 5 players and a top 20 player all meet up and conspire to make their own team.

daleja424
05-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Seriously with your response and a facepalm, come on. You think that Lebron has nothing to do with this? Just like he had nothing to do with when Nike told that guy who was filming the scrimmage where he got posterized to delete the footage, it just so happened right after Lebron had gone up to his people right before that.

So with no proof of any kind you decide it is fitting to assume from a one sentence quote from charles barkley that Lebron is to blame and bash hime for it...

and you think you dont deserve a facepalm... really?

I think you are responsible for the tornado yesterday. You should be arrested. Its easy it is to make random connections between two things without any proof... doesn't make you correct though.

LongWayFromHome
05-26-2011, 02:05 PM
:ohno:

daleja424
05-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Name a team that has had 2 top 5 players and a top 20 player all meet up and conspire to make their own team.

LA Lakers 03-04 (Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone)
Celtics in the 80s (McHale, Bird, Parish)
Showtime Lakers

...maybe even the Bulls in the 90s... its close

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 02:08 PM

Look, I'm not saying the MIA situation isn't an extreme example. But people act like it's totally unheard of.

Bird, McHale, Parish.

Magic, Worthy, Kareem.

Jordan, Pippen.

Duncan, Robinson.

Kobe, Shaq.

Pierce, Allen, KG.

Kobe, Pau.

etc.

The NBA has never been a league of parity. There have always been superteams w/ 2-3 HOFers at the top of their game that dominate over a stretch. MIA's team is an extreme example because of the way they formed (which does deserve crticism - Bosh admitted that they were talking about this while they were still playing w/ old teams and I don't support that). But other than that, it's really not unusual.

mikealike305
05-26-2011, 02:12 PM

daleja named one
whats your point tho? that it hasnt been done before (it has) so its wrong?
was that your point?

godolphins
05-26-2011, 02:16 PM

Its all speculation, heck for all we know Kobe was the one who told Nike to talk to Barkley. See what I'm doing here :eyebrow: Its call speculating

Crackadalic
05-26-2011, 02:16 PM
I hate Barkley but he's right. It seems like the whole 1st amendment doesnt even exist anymore.

SportsAndrew25
05-26-2011, 02:19 PM
They are WUSSIES! Its in the dictionary under W-U-S-S-I-E-S! I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

godolphins
05-26-2011, 02:20 PM
When Magic Johnson used to criticize the big three for teaming up Pat Riley said he reminded him when he(Magic)was in college he said that if the Lakers didn't win the #1 pick he would of stayed in college.

Me and Mr. T
05-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Maybe Nike should be more focused on getting rid of their child labor in third world countries than what Sir Charles has to say.

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 02:21 PM
When Magic Johnson used to criticize the big three for teaming up Pat Riley said he reminded him when he(Magic)was in college he said that if the Lakers didn't win the #1 pick he would of stayed in college.

Exactly. Players have always tried to position themselves to win. That situation is different and not the same, but it still proves the point.

Mile High Champ
05-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I love Charles so I am siding with him on this. I hate all the censorship that exists in the NBA, it is so refreshing to see a guy speak his mind (even if at times he sounds dumb) and express his opinions. I personally don't like Lebron one bit and I to am critical of him. I hope Chuck always continues to be the way he is.

MagicHero3
05-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Barkley = Tells it like it is

Jaji
05-26-2011, 02:30 PM

That makes it even worse. LeBron went to Miami to lead that team. Barkley went to Houston to ride the coattails of Hakeem and the team he simply couldn't get past. Thanks for adding to my point.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 02:33 PM

So true. And none of those guys who were criticizing LeBron (Barkley, Jordan, Magic) none of those guys know what it is to play in a crappy town like Cleveland. A place where LeBron couldn't get any help because no one wanted to go there. Bosh said he wanted to play with LBJ, just NOT in Cleveland. What does that tell you?

None of those guys had that opportunity anyway because free agency wasn't set up that way back then. MJ was the only one who could have changed the face of the league by switching teams but he had a great team already in a great city. LeBron had a shiddy team in an even shiddier city.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
daleja named one
whats your point tho? that it hasnt been done before (it has) so its wrong?
was that your point?
Wade, LeBrick and Bosh forming a superteam is causing other teams to attempt to go the same route, that is the problem I have. I've said it all along, unless something big changes with the CBA (hard cap, no more trade exemptions, insert your own idea) superstars are going to continue to move to teams with other studs in an attempt to compete with Miami. I'm a Bulls fan, so it won't necessarily be bad for me if we get a sick guard like Steph Curry or Tyreke Evans. But for the teams that are going to lose their studs like Orlando (Howard), Minnesota (Love), Golden State (Curry), Sacramento (Evans), LA Clips (Griffin), it's going to suck. Already happened to Denver, and its about to happen to Orlando. Might as well make it a 16 team league and have 3 All-Stars in every starting lineup.

If last summer LeBrick went to the Knicks and Bosh went to Miami, the future of the league could have been very different.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Wade, LeBrick and Bosh forming a superteam is causing other teams to attempt to go the same route, that is the problem I have. I've said it all along, unless something big changes with the CBA (hard cap, no more trade exemptions, insert your own idea) superstars are going to continue to move to teams with other studs in an attempt to compete with Miami. I'm a Bulls fan, so it won't necessarily be bad for me if we get a sick guard like Steph Curry or Tyreke Evans. But for the teams that are going to lose their studs like Orlando (Howard), Minnesota (Love), Golden State (Curry), Sacramento (Evans), LA Clips (Griffin), it's going to suck. Already happened to Denver, and its about to happen to Orlando. Might as well make it a 16 team league and have 3 All-Stars in every starting lineup.

If last summer LeBrick went to the Knicks and Bosh went to Miami, the future of the league could have been very different.

Stopped reading right there.

SteBO
05-26-2011, 02:37 PM

Can I ask you something? If LeBron and Bosh went to Chicago, would you be saying this?

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 02:38 PM
That makes it even worse. LeBron went to Miami to lead that team. Barkley went to Houston to ride the coattails of Hakeem and the team he simply couldn't get past. Thanks for adding to my point.

no it doesn't. Barkley tried to be the man and lead his team...he couldn't, but at least he tried. he had too much pride as a competitor to join up with another superstar and another all-star in his prime. i have no problem with someone jumping to an elite team if they're on the downside of their career. Lebron didn't go there to be the clear-cut #1 guy, he went there to try and build the best trio ever.

SwatTeam
05-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Barkley made a drunken mistake. What percentage of people in the US have gotten DUI's? Does that make it right, no, but it happens.

LeBrick made himself look like an absolute fool and dragged fans from multiple organizations along for the ride when he knew for years exactly what he was going to do. He chose the most pathetic way to handle the situation. I would not be nearly as a big of a LeBrick hater if he would have just held a press conference announcing his decision or be really cool like KD and announce it on twitter. But no, LeBrick is way too pompous and self centered to do something like that.

This is possibly the worst thing I've read on here in a while. I understand that you are saying that what Barkley did was a stupid mistake and not acceptable. BUT to brush it off as a mistake that millions of people make and compare it to that stupid thing Lebron called a decision makes you look like a complete moron. Im on my ER rotation and I've seen what the victims of drunk drivers look like. Unless you have ever been in a room with a 5 year old girl whose body was mangled up by a stupid drunk driver while her parents are in hysterical grief in the background, then you have no right to compare that to what Lebron did. No body died because of Lebron's decision or was at risk to die. Just a bunch of douchebags getting mad about what another douchebag decided to do. Barkley put people's lives at risk - I don't take that lightly, and if your friend/family was a victim then you would crucify the perpetrator. Choose your words carefully friend, don't blur the lines between real life and sports.

SteBO
05-26-2011, 02:41 PM
no it doesn't. Barkley tried to be the man and lead his team...he couldn't, but at least he tried. he had too much pride as a competitor to join up with another superstar and another all-star in his prime. i have no problem with someone jumping to an elite team if they're on the downside of their career. Lebron didn't go there to be the clear-cut #1 guy, he went there to try and build the best trio ever.
How's that a bad thing?

chisox721
Can I ask you something? If LeBron and Bosh went to Chicago, would you be saying this?
Yes, you obviously don't know me and I have no way of proving it, but I was the only one out of all the Bulls fans I know that DIDN'T want LeBrick on the Bulls. All along I wanted Wade or Joe Johnson and to stick with Taj at the 4.

Before anything I'm a fan of the NBA, and in the long run I just don't think the current landscape bodes well for the future.

mikealike305

its been said but ill say it again
THIS SUPERTEAM WAS FORMED TO BEAT ANOTHER SUPERTEAM CALLED THE CELTICS
you guys act like the concept of trying to have the best possible player on one teeam is new. hell boston did it in basketball AND football.
and what would have been different if lebron went to NY? they would of had stat, lebron, and now they would still be talking about trying to get CP3.
so the only difference is Miami might be an 6-8 seed and NY would be what Miami is now. a superteam.

Bravo95
05-26-2011, 02:42 PM
These groups today, if you don’t say 100 percent positive about their guy or their team, they overreact.
I agree with this line. Some of these fanbases won't stfu until everyone loves their team and their team's best player.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Stopped reading right there.
Bet you didnt

Jaji
05-26-2011, 02:44 PM

Right because LeBron never tried. In fact, he's not trying right now either :rolleyes:.

And its impossible for LeBron to not be the clear cut #1 guy on any team. He's the best player on the planet, certainly he's gonna be the best on his team. ANY team. He just upgraded his supporting cast.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 02:45 PM
How's that a bad thing?

did i say it was?

Jaji
05-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Bet you didnt

No, seriously. I did.

SteBO
05-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes, you obviously don't know me and I have no way of proving it, but I was the only one out of all the Bulls fans I know that DIDN'T want LeBrick on the Bulls. All along I wanted Wade or Joe Johnson and to stick with Taj at the 4.

Before anything I'm a fan of the NBA, and in the long run I just don't think the current landscape bodes well for the future.
I sense a lot of honesty in this post. :)
I see a lot of Bulls fans in the Bulls forum urging Thibs to put Taj in the starting lineup for next year, so I know that's something you'd want to happen as well. I just saw a lot of posters on this forum say they wanted LeBron and Bosh, so that's the angle I'm speaking from. I also just have a hard time imagining why Bulls fans wouldn't want LeBron on their team. He's just too good a player to not want is all I'm saying. Just find it hard to believe. :shrug:

SteBO
did i say it was?

That's the way you make it sound.

oak2455
LBJ and Nike grow a pair of BALLS.....who cares what Barkley says....seriously:facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
Right because LeBron never tried. In fact, he's not trying right now either :rolleyes:.
yea he tried for 7 years then bailed...he didn't go for it throughout his prime like Miller, Barkley, Ewing, etc...

And its impossible for LeBron to not be the clear cut #1 guy on any team. He's the best player on the planet, certainly he's gonna be the best on his team. ANY team. He just upgraded his supporting cast.

Lebron isn't the clear cut #1 guy on the Heat. I bet several Miami fans would argue that. I think he's better than Wade, but he isn't the clear cut #1 option. Some days it's Wade, some days it's him, seldom it's Rupaul

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 02:49 PM
That's the way you make it sound.

most (me included), don't like with what he did...doesn't mean it's wrong.

thawv
05-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I love Barkley..............and Nike sucks!

chisox721
05-26-2011, 02:50 PM
its been said but ill say it again
THIS SUPERTEAM WAS FORMED TO BEAT ANOTHER SUPERTEAM CALLED THE CELTICS
you guys act like the concept of trying to have the best possible player on one teeam is new. hell boston did it in basketball AND football.
and what would have been different if lebron went to NY? they would of had stat, lebron, and now they would still be talking about trying to get CP3.
so the only difference is Miami might be an 6-8 seed and NY would be what Miami is now. a superteam.
Wow, that is a very convincing argument. First of all, I never considered Boston a superteam in the first place. A very solid group of veterans with a completely unproven PG, thats what they were when that team came together. Now they are three aging veterans with a great PG, but they are clearly no longer a serious threat in the east.

And the difference with LeBrick going to NY would have been LeBrick and Stat is nowhere near as good as LeBrick, Wade and Bosh. Not even close. I highly doubt the next CBA would even allow them to add CP3 if it had went down like that but I guess we will find out anyways if they try to add him to Melo and Stat next summer.

ATX
05-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Still with the childish LeBrick I see. About as clever as Derrick Blows huh? Or Debrick Rose? I don't agree with that, and have and never will resort to elementary insults about another player...Just portraying how stupid it looks, and how I would expect my credibility to take a hit, if I had to resort to playground name calling to try and make my point.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Still with the childish LeBrick I see. About as clever as Derrick Blows huh? Or Debrick Rose? I don't agree with that, and have and never will resort to elementary insults...Just portraying how stupid it looks, and how I would expect my credibility to take a hit, if I had to resort to playground name calling to try and make my point.

nice ones.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Why do you keep calling him Lebrick? Do you watch basketball? LeBucket would be far more indicative. And your name is chisox? I hope you're not a Bulls fan. Only bricks I've seen this series have been from Rose and Korver.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Still with the childish LeBrick I see. About as clever as Derrick Blows huh? Or Debrick Rose? I don't agree with that, and have and never will resort to elementary insults about another player...Just portraying how stupid it looks, and how I would expect my credibility to take a hit, if I had to resort to playground name calling to try and make my point.

Exactly. Hard to take someone seriously when they say things like that.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 02:56 PM

Sounds like you take life a bit too seriously.

Mr. LeBron James,

If you happen check PSD on a regular basis and notice that I call you LeBrick, know that it's only because I'm a Bulls fan and I hope for you to lay numerous bricks tonight. I'm talking 3-20 from the field. I apologize if my "elementary insults" have offended you.

Sincerely,

Chisox721

mikealike305
05-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Wow, that is a very convincing argument. First of all, I never considered Boston a superteam in the first place. A very solid group of veterans with a completely unproven PG, thats what they were when that team came together. Now they are three aging veterans with a great PG, but they are clearly no longer a serious threat in the east.

And the difference with LeBrick going to NY would have been LeBrick and Stat is nowhere near as good as LeBrick, Wade and Bosh. Not even close. I highly doubt the next CBA would even allow them to add CP3 if it had went down like that but I guess we will find out anyways if they try to add him to Melo and Stat next summer.

ok... YOU never considered them a superteam. but most did. so if were going to debate off opinions, there is not debate to be had.
and do u really think if NY got lebron they wouldnt consider adding another piece? of course they would of.
plan and simple. IF ANY OTHER TEAM, pick any other the 29 other teams, had a shot at building a team like miamis, they would in a heartbeat, just miami was the onew to do it, so that makes them wrong?
if NY got lebron, i can assure u that CP3 would still be on their minds.

HoopsDrive
05-26-2011, 02:57 PM

Right, they were just a "solid group of veterans." ********. They were indeed a superteam, if that's what you want to call it. Their window of opportunity may have been shorter than Miami's but that group of players cannot be called just that. Instant favorites and largest turnaround in NBA history? Yeah, okay, just a "solid group of veterans."

Tony_Starks
05-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Sounds like you take life a bit too seriously.

Mr. LeBron James,

If you happen check PSD on a regular basis and notice that I call you LeBrick, know that it's only because I'm a Bulls fan and I hope for you to lay numerous bricks tonight. I'm talking 3-20 from the field. I apologize if my "elementary insults" have offended you.

Sincerely,

Chisox721

I don't think he checks it. I believe he has Magloire read post and summarize it for him.

mikealike305
05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
lol i actually like that derrick blows one.
my favorite for lebron tho, is Jebron Lames lol
sorry to get off topic

TheHighLife
05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick.

lol

mikealike305
05-26-2011, 03:05 PM

?
i dont get it, are u practicing how to spell it or something?

chisox721
05-26-2011, 03:07 PM
ok... YOU never considered them a superteam. but most did. so if were going to debate off opinions, there is not debate to be had.
and do u really think if NY got lebron they wouldnt consider adding another piece? of course they would of.
plan and simple. IF ANY OTHER TEAM, pick any other the 29 other teams, had a shot at building a team like miamis, they would in a heartbeat, just miami was the onew to do it, so that makes them wrong?
if NY got lebron, i can assure u that CP3 would still be on their minds.
Do you realize that I haven't once criticized Miami? I criticize Wade, LeBrick, and Bosh for not having the balls get it done on their own.

Lake_Show2416
Im sorry, isn't this America?? Nike needs to stfu

justinnum1
Looks like a troll fest in here.

justinnum1
why do you keep calling him lebrick? Do you watch basketball? Lebucket would be far more indicative. And your name is chisox? I hope you're not a bulls fan. only bricks i've seen this series have been from rose and korver.

+1

WeBallin
05-26-2011, 03:08 PM

WHoa Totally off topic.....Barkley ain't said nothin about LBJ personally......Please be a grown up, or grow up whichever one!

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 03:09 PM

Why do you say LeBrick? If you want to use one of those nicknames, use LeDouche. It's a lot more accurate. LeBrick doesn't even make sense because Lebron is a baller. Point, blank, period. Any reason to not be a fan of his that has to do w/ basketball ability is stupid because he's clearly the best player in the world.

TheHighLife
05-26-2011, 03:13 PM
?
i dont get it, are u practicing how to spell it or something?

Yeah.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I've called him LeBrick since he was 18. He can shoot 75% from the field next year and I will call him LeBrick. Plus it's just funny that people actually take it seriously and get annoyed about it.

SportsAndrew25
05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Im sorry, isn't this America?? Nike needs to stfuAmen. This is America, *****!

TheHighLife
05-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Haha, best in the world...

BrewPackBuckfan
Wow nike calls him and ask him to stop talking negative about LeBron. You think a phone call is going to stop him from talking negative. Please Nike is suck a joke get over yourselfs they act like what he says is going to generate less sales. Give me a break lmao.

TheHighLife
I've called him LeBrick since he was 18. He can shoot 75% from the field next year and I will call him LeBrick. Plus it's just funny that people actually take it seriously and get annoyed about it.

Exactly.

SportsAndrew25
05-26-2011, 03:18 PM
LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick LeBrick.How is that marijuana working for you? Can I have some?

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
smh @ Nike

RaidersLakers24
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
So many people on lebrons jock lol overrated puss

godolphins
05-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Looks like a troll fest in here.
That was the OP intention

Jaji
05-26-2011, 03:22 PM

Its not that serious and I don't think anyone's annoyed. We're just trying to help you out by pointing out how ridiculous you sound. But by all means, keep embarrassing yourself...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-26-2011, 03:24 PM
I just lost some respect for Nike.

Gibby23
05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Its not that serious and I don't think anyone's annoyed. We're just trying to help you out by pointing out how ridiculous you sound. But by all means, keep embarrassing yourself...

You say stupid stuff all the time. See my sig.

TheHighLife
05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
He's not embarrassing himself. He is not serious when he says LeBrick. But by all means, keep posting stuff that makes you look like an ***.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Ha ya like I'm really concerned about embarrassing myself on an internet message board.

You must really enjoy responding to my posts though because just about everything I've said you have a response for. Solid dedication.:clap:

mikealike305
way to off topic. im out

hugepatsfan

Figuring out the NBA salary cap is harder than a Rubik's Cube. I don't think someone being confused on how it works can be considered a stupid statement...

The NBA forum is honestly the same as people throwing poop at each other. Seriously, that's practically the level we're at in here. Just silly name calling.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 03:28 PM

owned

Gibby23
05-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Figuring out the NBA salary cap is harder than a Rubik's Cube. I don't think someone being confused on how it works can be considered a stupid statement...

The NBA forum is honestly the same as people throwing poop at each other. Seriously, that's practically the level we're at in here. Just silly name calling.

If you are a fan you should know if you have 65 million tied up that means you are over the cap and that is the simple version.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 03:30 PM

Who are you? You have me quoted in your sig and I don't even know who you are. That's kinda awkward that I would be on your mind that much, but hey, at least you're only an e-stalker. No real threat.

Gibby23
05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Who are you? You have me quoted in your sig and I don't even know who you are. That's kinda awkward that I would be on your mind that much, but hey, at least you're only an e-stalker. No real threat.

It was just one of the stupidest things i have read from a person that is a fan and tries to act smart all the time.

hugepatsfan
If you are a fan you should know if you have 65 million tied up that means you are over the cap and that is the simple version.

Whatever you say...

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

It's off topic, but hey, so is the whole thread. That's a link that I found VERY helpful in trying to figure out the salary cap. Since the conversation has somehow turned to that, I figured I'd post it for anyone interested.

Jaji
He's not embarrassing himself. He is not serious when he says LeBrick. But by all means, keep posting stuff that makes you look like an ***.

Hmmm, it's not funny. It doesn't make sense. I guess he can say what he wants but it doesn't change those facts.

Purple&Gold24
05-26-2011, 03:33 PM
hahahhhaha

Jaji
05-26-2011, 03:34 PM
It was just one of the stupidest things i have read from a person that is a fan and tries to act smart all the time.

:eyebrow:

Series tied, dumb :moon:.

TheHighLife
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
You don't make sense, Jaji.

Double_R
05-26-2011, 03:38 PM
owned

Haha, so owned.

Bottom line is that why can't most Heat fans acknowledge that Lebron is a ego maniac that just happens to be one of the biggest douches in sports as well as one of the best players in the game, if not the best player and the biggest douche.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 03:40 PM
You don't make sense, Jaji.

You're just not too bright, TheHighLife.

Gibby23
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
You're just not too bright, TheHighLife.

Coming from they guy that was a Cavs fan last year and now think the Heat can spend 80 million on contracts.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Haha, so owned.

Bottom line is that why can't most Heat fans acknowledge that Lebron is a ego maniac that just happens to be one of the biggest douches in sports as well as one of the best players in the game, if not the best player and the biggest douche.

:yawn:

:bla: And he's still going to win a title this year so.... Exactly.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Coming from they guy that was a Cavs fan last year and now think the Heat can spend 80 million on contracts.

Wow I was a Cavs fan last year? You're not a very good stalker.

Gibby23
05-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Wow I was a Cavs fan last year? You're not a very good stalker.

Don't try and lie. You said you are from the same town as lebron so you are a lebron fan.

stejay
05-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Ahhh, the wonders of capitalism show it's face. Brands have too much influence on sports and how they are run these days. Barkley should tell Nike where to stuff it, and do us all a favor.

valade16
:yawn:

:bla: And he's still going to win a title this year so.... Exactly.

And this will magically make him no longer a douche? :eyebrow:

It's not like Best Player and Douchebag are mutually exclusive, he can be both simultaneously (which he is).

Jaji
Don't try and lie. You said you are from the same town as lebron so you are a lebron fan.

Okay first of all, I am NOT from Akron. Secondly, how would that make me a Cavs fan anyway? Fail.

Damn you are a stalker lol! Just not a very good one. Get your facts straight, buddy.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Ohhhh so he's one of those types, figures. Nothing I hate more than guys who ride players dicks and follow whichever team they play for. So lame.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Ahhh, the wonders of capitalism show it's face. Brands have too much influence on sports and how they are run these days. Barkley should tell Nike where to stuff it, and do us all a favor.
Agreed

Jaji
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Ohhhh so he's one of those types, figures. Nothing I hate more than guys who ride players dicks and follow whichever team they play for. So lame.

Yeah if you listen to that guy. LeDumb and LeDumber :rolleyes:.

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 03:47 PM

How so? Sometimes you might just like a player but not be a huge fan of a sport so you just pull for that player. I never really liked baseball so I ended up a Yankee fan just because Bernie Williams was my favorite player.

Gibby23
05-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah if you listen to that guy. LeDumb and LeDumber :rolleyes:.

Hahah. You were saying all kinds of things last year when you thought Lebron was going to the Finals when the Cavs were the 1 seed.

Big Time Titan
05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
All you guys on Lebron's jock, why don't you just suck him off already?

Seriously, I don't think that many will argue that he isn't the best player in the league because he is. BUT he is full of himself. He's like Jay-Z, he thinks he's a God. And guess what, he ain't. He's a rich punk @$$ kid who thinks the world revolves around him. And maybe it does in his world but he's human like the rest of us. He deserves every bit of sh!+ that anybody says about him both good and bad.

Jaji
How so? Sometimes you might just like a player but not be a huge fan of a sport so you just pull for that player. I never really liked baseball so I ended up a Yankee fan just because Bernie Williams was my favorite player.

I'm from Buffalo. We don't have a basketball team. I root for LeBron because I spent much time in Akron growing up. I was never a Cavs fan though. And I wouldn't call myself a Heat fan either. I'm a BASKETBALL fan. LeBron happens to be my favorite player so in rooting for him, the Heat get some extra support. But where's my HEAT sig? How many times have I said "U Mad?" How many posts do I have in the Heat forum? I don't care what Gibby thinks. I just think its amusing that the guy follows me like this is Twitter or something. And then still doesn't know what he's talking about.

chisox721
So you're a Celts, Pats and Yankees fan?

Master Mind
Nike should have stayed out of it, but Barkley's a jack ***...It's one thing to criticize a player but it's another to insult them. And just because you cover up those sneak disses by playing the "he's the best player in the world" card doesn't make everything peachie.

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 03:52 PM
So you're a Celts, Pats and Yankees fan?

Yes.

valade16
05-26-2011, 03:52 PM

So you didn't like the Wizards when Jordan was playing for them? As a Chi-town fan I find that hard to believe...

Gibby23
05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm from Buffalo. We don't have a basketball team. I root for LeBron because I spent much time in Akron growing up. I was never a Cavs fan though. And I wouldn't call myself a Heat fan either. I'm a BASKETBALL fan. LeBron happens to be my favorite player so in rooting for him, the Heat get some extra support. But where's my HEAT sig? How many times have I said "U Mad?" How many posts do I have in the Heat forum? I don't care what Gibby thinks. I just think its amusing that the guy follows me like this is Twitter or something. And then still doesn't know what he's talking about.

See my sig and talk to me when the Heat get another Max player...lol

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
He's like Jay-Z

YES!!! lol

I always hated him just like I hate Lebron. But I respect Jigga as a hip hop icon and Lebron as the best basketball player.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 03:54 PM
I won't hate, as long as you aren't on the NBA forum bragging your *** off about the Heat winning the whole thing, because you aren't a Heat fan.

Just like all of the Heat fans that represent that 10% increase in attendance this past year, they aren't really Heat fans either.

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 03:54 PM

It's cool by me. I understand that. I hate the idea that you have to root for the hometeam or you're a brainless bandwagoner.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Hahah. You were saying all kinds of things last year when you thought Lebron was going to the Finals when the Cavs were the 1 seed.

Wow so you've been stalking me for years? And still don't know what you're talking about. That's sad :pity:. Find me one post to support your claim, Mr. Quote-a-sig.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 03:56 PM
So you didn't like the Wizards when Jordan was playing for them? As a Chi-town fan I find that hard to believe...
Are you kidding? Hell no.

hugepatsfan
I won't hate, as long as you aren't on the NBA forum bragging your *** off about the Heat winning the whole thing, because you aren't a Heat fan.

Just like all of the Heat fans that represent that 10% increase in attendance this past year, they aren't really Heat fans either.

That's BS. When the team is more interesting more people are going to go. Not everyone has the money to just buy season tickets so people can count them as "real fans." A Heat ticket is a better investment this year than last year. Maybe those fans last year just watched on TV and saved some money. Your stance is incredibly ignorant.

Jaji

You never saw me rep the Heat like that and you never will. I like them better than the Cavs for sure but I am not a Heat fan.

Gibby23
Wow so you've been stalking me for years? And still don't know what you're talking about. That's sad :pity:. Find me one post to support your claim, Mr. Quote-a-sig.

I can't because i don't know how to look up threads form last year.

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I was pulling for OKC once BOS got eliminated because I loved Perk while he was in BOS and I'm a huge Harden fan. It's ok to have rooting interests outside of a particular team.

ManRam
05-26-2011, 03:58 PM
This has been super on topic lately :rolleyes:

Jaji
05-26-2011, 03:59 PM
I can't because i don't know how to look up threads form last year.

There is this cool website called google. You should check it out.

2-1, me.

chisox721
05-26-2011, 04:01 PM
That's BS. When the team is more interesting more people are going to go. Not everyone has the money to just buy season tickets so people can count them as "real fans." A Heat ticket is a better investment this year than last year. Maybe those fans last year just watched on TV and saved some money. Your stance is incredibly ignorant.
I've seen it firsthand in Chicago. Nobody gave a damn about the Blackhawks but once they got good everyone hopped on the wagon. I have a hard time believing that wasn't the case after LeBrick, Wade and Bosh had their coming out party aka the lamest thing that I've ever seen in my life.

ManRam
05-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Haha, so owned.

How does this make him a douche? Did he tell Charles to cut it out? No, Nike did.

LeBron James is not Nike.

chisox721
I was pulling for OKC once BOS got eliminated because I loved Perk while he was in BOS and I'm a huge Harden fan. It's ok to have rooting interests outside of a particular team.
I completely understand that, and it's fine. I'm a huge Tyreke Evans fan and I root for the Kings without anyone really knowing. The problem comes when you brag after they start achieving, acting like you've been following them from the start. Yes, I like the Kings, and if they win the NBA title in 6 years I will be happy, but you won't see or hear me bragging to anyone about it.

godolphins
This has been super on topic lately :rolleyes:

You should close it

ManRam
05-26-2011, 04:05 PM
And even JB took the quote out of context in the title. Chuck said they called and asked why he didn't like LeBron. He didn't say they told him to stop talking about him, or "take it easy" on him. I get we love to hate LeBron, but this is just another example how he gets treated unlike any other star.

Seriously. How much have you guys blown such a non-story out of proportion? There is nothing here. A phone call from "someone" at Nike simply asking why Chuck doesn't like LeBron? And we're here now? 200+ posts of lunacy?

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 04:06 PM
this thread will be closed soon...

dtmagnet
05-26-2011, 04:07 PM
That is seriously pathetic, Nike and Lebron look like d-bags due to this.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 04:07 PM
I've seen it firsthand in Chicago. Nobody gave a damn about the Blackhawks but once they got good everyone hopped on the wagon. I have a hard time believing that wasn't the case after LeBrick, Wade and Bosh had their coming out party aka the lamest thing that I've ever seen in my life.

If a team is bad of course no one is going to representing that hard. I'm a die hard Buffalo Bills fan but we suck right now. Therefore you won't find me in the NFL forum talking about "U Mad over Ryan Fitzpatrick?" That just wouldn't make sense. But if a bad team becomes good then yeah, the fans will start to make some noise.

Trust me I live in FL, they don't support teams anyway. The Rays won the AL East last year and couldn't even sell out for the playoffs. The Bucs won 10 games last year, not one sell out. When the Heat are good, the fans will make noise. When they're not, why would you be making noise for a team that's not winning?

ManRam
05-26-2011, 04:08 PM
That is seriously pathetic, Nike and Lebron look like d-bags due to this.

What did LeBron do?

I'm seriously confused here. What did he do here that makes him look bad?

Seriously, people are blowing this way out proportion. Go back and read the quote.

Cano4prez
05-26-2011, 04:09 PM
The NBA forum and it's glory

ink
05-26-2011, 04:12 PM
We listen to Barkley because he speaks his mind not because he speaks the corporate line. Nike asking Chuck not to shoot from the hip is like asking Sarah Palin to read a book. Not gunna happen.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2011, 04:15 PM
This thread proved that people just look at the title and don't read the initial article. Glad you guys changed the thread name, it was a bit ridiculous.....

ManRam
05-26-2011, 04:19 PM
In JB's defense, the article did say the "take it easy" part...but unless there is a quote that Chuck said that was omitted, that's not at all what Chuck said they did say.

Oh well.

ink
05-26-2011, 04:20 PM
No big deal either way. Take Nike, Chuck and Lebron with a grain of salt. Who cares who said what about who. Doesn't affect anything real. Chuck is funny even if you don't agree with him. He's entertaining. He's not insulting any of us. Why do people attach their identities to NBA players? No one here is Lebron James ...

valade16
05-26-2011, 04:21 PM
How does this make him a douche? Did he tell Charles to cut it out? No, Nike did.

LeBron James is not Nike.

I'm not saying he's a douche based on this. He's been a well documented douche before this.

Actually, I never said he was a douche. I never said that. I didn't even know what the word douche meant until you guys said it...

Remember that :)

broncosfan4eva
05-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Lmao and all the bandwagon heat fans jump on

Jaji
05-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Lmao and all the bandwagon heat fans jump on

LMAO at the Lakers getting swept. Isn't there a fishing forum on this site? :laugh2:

godolphins
05-26-2011, 04:46 PM
And even JB took the quote out of context in the title. Chuck said they called and asked why he didn't like LeBron. He didn't say they told him to stop talking about him, or "take it easy" on him. I get we love to hate LeBron, but this is just another example how he gets treated unlike any other star.

Seriously. How much have you guys blown such a non-story out of proportion? There is nothing here. A phone call from "someone" at Nike simply asking why Chuck doesn't like LeBron? And we're here now? 200+ posts of lunacy?
Tell me something new, that guy always take things out of context when he's making a thread about the Heat or their players.

Raph12
05-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Chuck said Lebron was the best player since 2008, he's the only one with the balls to speak his mind 24/7 on TNT... Nike just being Nike.

dnewguy
05-26-2011, 04:55 PM
lets not forget that NIKE has a lot of employees, just because one of them call don't mean we should make a big issue out of it. Charles makes an issue out of anything, he always say the most ridiculous things. He's mad that he predicted Miami to lose in 6 and now we're up 3-1. He's on TV because of his big mouth, not his knowledge.

justinnum1
05-26-2011, 04:57 PM
LMAO at the Lakers getting swept. Isn't there a fishing forum on this site? :laugh2:

:burn:

Jaji
05-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Tell me something new, that guy always take things out of context when he's making a thread about the Heat or their players.

Its very unbecoming of a mod. Have you ever seen him delete posts or entire threads that go against his biased point of view? Ridiculous.

SportsFanatic10
05-26-2011, 04:59 PM
i gotta admitt i couldn't stand lebron before he came to miami. at first i was kinda not sure what to think because i just wanted bosh and a solid bench to help wade out. i thought it was ridiculous when his reps took the tape of him being dunked on by crawford in the offseason. but he's grown on me since hes been on my team but i still think he needs to learn alot about how to carry himself as a professional. there's so many stories and things that he says that make him look bad its just ridiculous. but its hard not to like the best player in the world if hes on your team!

Wade>You
05-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Maybe Barkley was overreacting when he flipped the finger to the Heat fans who were criticizing him outside the AAA.

Kettle, meet Pot.

AllBall
05-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Awww, how cute.

Finally a thread for the Haters to pour out their hate.

Its been backed up for a while now with them having their foots in their mouths.

mike_noodles
05-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Barkley is 100% accurate with his assessment that athletes today are wussies. And NBA players are the worst of the whole lot. Only in the NBA can a player who has never achieved anything as a pro athlete get treated like he is a king among men.

Heater4life
05-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Ok. Who cares? Barkley critiques, Nike gives him a call to protect their investments image (albeit very petty).

Arent their better things to talk about in this forum, like you know, actual basketball?

PSD and TMZ are gradually becoming more and more synonymous

Gibby23
05-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Barkley is 100% accurate with his assessment that athletes today are wussies. And NBA players are the worst of the whole lot. Only in the NBA can a player who has never achieved anything as a pro athlete get treated like he is a king among men.

Isn't that Barkley?

Jaji
05-26-2011, 05:15 PM
i gotta admitt i couldn't stand lebron before he came to miami. at first i was kinda not sure what to think because i just wanted bosh and a solid bench to help wade out. i thought it was ridiculous when his reps took the tape of him being dunked on by crawford in the offseason. but he's grown on me since hes been on my team but i still think he needs to learn alot about how to carry himself as a professional. there's so many stories and things that he says that make him look bad its just ridiculous. but its hard not to like the best player in the world if hes on your team!

Same with any athlete its only overblown with LeBron. Its the evolution of the media. Imagine if Jordan played today with his infidelity and gambling problems. That kind of stuff wasn't plastered all over the internet in the 90s. Get used to over scrutiny of professional athletes. All this means is that LeBron is relevant. If you're relevant, they'll find something on you. Lebron has never done anything majorly wrong. He switched teams. So what? Scores of players do it every year. He's never been in trouble with the law, he's never been a dirty player. Yet we start threads about his mom getting into an argument with a valet parking attendant? Really?

SportsFanatic10
05-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Same with any athlete its only overblown with LeBron. Its the evolution of the media. Imagine if Jordan played today with his infidelity and gambling problems. That kind of stuff wasn't plastered all over the internet in the 90s. Get used to over scrutiny of professional athletes. All this means is that LeBron is relevant. If you're relevant, they'll find something on you. Lebron has never done anything majorly wrong. He switched teams. So what? Scores of players do it every year. He's never been in trouble with the law, he's never been a dirty player. Yet we start threads about his mom getting into an argument with a valet parking attendant? Really?

good points....i support him now and am very glad hes a heat but i'm just saying how i used to think about him and i still think he needs to learn how to be more media friendly. but the **** that he's went through this season is just crazy and i'm rooting for a heat championship with everything i've got! i'd love to see the haters stfu and watch the heat take it all!

C_Mund
05-26-2011, 05:36 PM

I'd agree that it's unsupported but that's not to say it's completely ignorant. I'm not one to scour the internet for video or written proof but it wasn't uncommon to hear analysts talk about how Miami's fan base was never really that into the game. There have always been empty seats after half-time and lots of fans that don't seem to be super into the game...until this year. I respect the fact that they have support but as a fan of a team that may never be very respectful I kind of take it as an insult to hear people come out of the woodwork when they never had an opinion until it became a pop-culture phenomenon.
True Miami fans....YOU know who you are. I don't mean to call out an entire fan base, as a Raps fan I know that there are supporters of every team that don't represent they whole. But this site seems to have become a huge bait-fest. It's definitely two-way but almost always seems to involve the Heat.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 05:43 PM
I'd agree that it's unsupported but that's not to say it's completely ignorant. I'm not one to scour the internet for video or written proof but it wasn't uncommon to hear analysts talk about how Miami's fan base was never really that into the game. There have always been empty seats after half-time and lots of fans that don't seem to be super into the game...until this year. I respect the fact that they have support but as a fan of a team that may never be very respectful I kind of take it as an insult to hear people come out of the woodwork when they never had an opinion until it became a pop-culture phenomenon.
True Miami fans....YOU know who you are. I don't mean to call out an entire fan base, as a Raps fan I know that there are supporters of every team that don't represent they whole. But this site seems to have become a huge bait-fest. It's definitely two-way but almost always seems to involve the Heat.

I said it earlier, dude, people in FL just don't support the teams like that. Part of it is that a lot of people move to FL so there's no loyalty. Another thing is there's too much to do here. Unless a team is competing for a title, people would rather go to the beach or Disney World. Real talk. Sports teams have a lot of recreation to compete with down here and without that loyalty like say an NYC, you just won't see that much support unless the team is doing really well and grabbing people's attention.

Fnom11
05-26-2011, 05:46 PM
I am glad Nike makes crap shoes these days i sure don't want to support them. Now quick hide the tape of LeBum getting dunked on hurry his image could get hurt hurry. Also Charles SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Don't hate on "The King" what were you thinking?

You're trolling right? Nike is still the best shoe maker in the world, in almost every aspect you can think of.

BullySixChicago
05-26-2011, 05:54 PM
If Nike believes that they can tell Barkley what to say or not to say about Bron they have a better chance to Run in the Indy 500 and not get hit by a car

tmacsc2
05-26-2011, 05:58 PM
I was guessing the same thing. He probably called nike to tell them, "say something to chuck, he hurt my feelings". :laugh2:

just like he told them to confiscate all tapes of him getting dunked on by a college kid! lol! lebron you are a wussy!

jrm2054
05-26-2011, 05:59 PM
I would say **** nike if i was Chuck

The Final Boss
05-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Who's Lebron James?

KnicksR4Real
05-26-2011, 06:18 PM
hahhaha

kArSoN RyDaH
05-26-2011, 06:23 PM
whats the surprise?

I noticed this too. I was looking for some bad footage of Jordan and couldn't find it.

We actually began discussing this in my political science course; how corporations control things.

It's pretty crazy when you think how much influence they have over things. They control a lot. Especially Nike.

C_Mund
05-26-2011, 06:24 PM
I said it earlier, dude, people in FL just don't support the teams like that. Part of it is that a lot of people move to FL so there's no loyalty. Another thing is there's too much to do here. Unless a team is competing for a title, people would rather go to the beach or Disney World. Real talk. Sports teams have a lot of recreation to compete with down here and without that loyalty like say an NYC, you just won't see that much support unless the team is doing really well and grabbing people's attention.

I know. I wasn't trying to bash Florida in general or Heat fans. I'm just saying it's tough to be a sports fan in a forum for sports fans being called out by somebody who more or less is not a sports fan unless they're winning. It's weak sauce. That's why there's been so many new Heat fans on the site this year, and that's also why people who support their team through thick and thin resent the bandwagoners who try to argue fandom. I was never jealous of Heat posters until every second sig said "U Mad?". I have a feeling that if Lebron won a chip or 2 and decided to, say, turn to acting or start a record label lots of Heat fans would not only stop posting but stop being Heat fans all together.
Again, I'm agreeing with you but I'm only posting what it's like on the outside looking in. I don't have a winning team to watch, and I don't have a beach to go to when they're losing. But I still love my team.
....however I've taken this thread off-topic so I'm sorry.
Barkley is hilarious but is starting to sound jealous of a team that might do what he could never do. However he's an employee of TNT, so unless Nike can put enough pressure on the NBA to talk to TNT about it, he's going to continue to say what he wants, the same way that Lebron can say what he wants....so long as he's not calling someone ********.

C_Mund
05-26-2011, 06:25 PM
I noticed this too. I was looking for some bad footage of Jordan and couldn't find it.

We actually began discussing this in my political science course; how corporations control things.

It's pretty crazy when you think how much influence they have over things. They control a lot. Especially Nike.

Haha, yep.
....and what's not controlled directly by the corportations is controlled indirectly by the Mafia. I learned it by reading Mario Puzo books.

beasted86
05-26-2011, 06:41 PM

Search Iverson crossing over Jordan on Youtube... and if you just want to see extended footage of poor play, watch the Chris Jackson aka Mahmoud Abdul Rauf set where the Nuggets end the 72 win Bulls streak. He really goes to wok on whoever is guarding him, which includes Jordan for stretches of the game.

Law25
05-26-2011, 06:54 PM
No one touched this so i will

LA Lakers 03-04 (Shaq Signed, Kobe Drafted, Payton at end of career far past prime, Malone at end of career far past prime )
Celtics in the 80s (McHale 1980 Drafted , Bird 1979 Drafted, Parish 1980 traded or sign)
Showtime Lakers Kareem traded 76 before Magic, Cooper Drafted 1978 before Magic, Magic Drafted 1979, Rambis Drafted 1980, Worthy Drafted 1982, Scott Drafted 1983

...maybe even the Bulls in the 90s... its close- (not really) Bulls Jordan Drafted 1984, Pippen Drafted 1987

Just saying 08 Celtics and Currents Heats are only Prime stars that i remember see that formed an super team and even ther different. Celtics trio were at the end of their prime ( but still primed) Heat trio still fresh in their prime. Celtics G.M brung them together trough trade. Heat trio conspired to have their contract end at same time (as the franchise player) and join each other to form super team.

.............oh and Pau joined Kobe through trade. If you try to include Odom he came through trading our franchise player, and if you try to say Bynum the Lakers litteraly build that kid up.

I personaly feel the Heat trio are ...well...whatever. Point is you cant compare them to the teams of the past. Because no other Trio of Fanchised Primed players done this before.

Back on topic Charles can say what he wants and this does look bad for LeBron only because Nike dosent come to bat for any other player endorsed by them like Kobe. Not that they should but if the did we could right this off as typical Nike crap. The fact that they have come to bat so much for Lebron makes it look suspicious.

dtmagnet
05-26-2011, 06:57 PM
What did LeBron do?

I'm seriously confused here. What did he do here that makes him look bad?

Seriously, people are blowing this way out proportion. Go back and read the quote.

He didn't do anything, but he still looks bad. He's got Nike to blame for that, that's just how people will take it.

bosox3431
05-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Lebron is a whiny ***. Reminds me of my brother when he was like 6. That commercial lebron does with the mini violin is so ironic it's not funny, the commercial suits him well.

MalZee24
05-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Lebron is a whiny ***. Reminds me of my brother when he was like 6. That commercial lebron does with the mini violin is so ironic it's not funny, the commercial suits him well.

you're a moron thats still bitter and sad the heat raped the celtics. of course nike would tell barkley to stop talking mess about their prized marketer. lebron is one of the biggest marketers in the world and they use him to sell products. people wont buy lebron nike merchandise as much if they hear barkley giving him a bad image. nike would do the same thing if kobe was as big as lebron. nike would do the same if it were dwight howard, derrick rose, dirk nowitzki, or any other superstar if they were on nike and as big as lebron. lebron didnt say a thing to nike. he didnt tell nike to tell chuck to stop. its all on nike for the sake of marketing. dumb celtics fan. stop embarrassing all boston fans. im not even a heat fan, but your incompetence just pissed me off right there.

NBAfan4life
05-26-2011, 07:09 PM
I like Barkleys answer to be honest.

hyb152
05-26-2011, 07:10 PM
you're a moron thats still bitter and sad the heat raped the celtics. of course nike would tell barkley to stop talking mess about their prized marketer. lebron is one of the biggest marketers in the world and they use him to sell products. people wont buy lebron nike merchandise as much if they hear barkley giving him a bad image. nike would do the same thing if kobe was as big as lebron. nike would do the same if it were dwight howard, derrick rose, dirk nowitzki, or any other superstar if they were on nike and as big as lebron. lebron didnt say a thing to nike. he didnt tell nike to tell chuck to stop. its all on nike for the sake of marketing. dumb celtics fan. stop embarrassing all boston fans. im not even a heat fan, but your incompetence just pissed me off right there.

:clap: go malzee!!! lol. and i agree with everything in your comment. its all about the image of lebron that nike wants to protect so they can keep selling products. lebron had nothing to do with nike telling barkley to stop

k.smith904
05-26-2011, 07:15 PM
stuff like this is why people can't stand Lebron.

Upset with Charles? Tell him yourself, don't let your sugardaddy corporation do it for you.

And if Lebron doesn't even have any ill will towards Chuck, wtf is Nike doing calling Barkley and telling him to be nice? **** like this is ridiculous. Really makes you wonder what goes on behind closed doors, when Nike just outright calls an analyst and tells him to change his opinion.

I mean seriously.

buch88
05-26-2011, 07:16 PM
stuff like this is why people can't stand Lebron.

Upset with Charles? Tell him yourself, don't let your sugardaddy corporation do it for you.

And if Lebron doesn't even have any ill will towards Chuck, wtf is Nike doing calling Barkley and telling him to be nice? **** like this is ridiculous. Really makes you wonder what goes on behind closed doors, when Nike just outright calls an analyst and tells him to change his opinion.

I mean seriously.

read the comment two posts above yours. lebron never said anything to nike about barkley. you're right, lebron doesnt have much ill will towards chuck, but what nike is doing is protecting their lebron figure for the sake of marketing. its not lebron, its nike. lebron had nothing to do with it.

buch88
05-26-2011, 07:17 PM
:clap: go malzee!!! lol. and i agree with everything in your comment. its all about the image of lebron that nike wants to protect so they can keep selling products. lebron had nothing to do with nike telling barkley to stop

LOL malzee whooped his assss

Bornknick73
05-26-2011, 07:18 PM

Trying to get some head while feeling twisted is legit!! I aint mad at em. Nothing but love for em.

I cheered Clinton for blasting on that chicks face in the Oval Office. Thats gangsta. How can you fault a man for that?