PDA

View Full Version : KD vs Westbrook in 2011 playoffs

mdabstar
05-26-2011, 02:24 AM
So just an interesting statistic in regards to Durant and Westbrook during the 2011 playoffs.

The thunder have lost 8 times with Durant scoring more than Westbrook in 4 of those losses. The other 4 losses Westbrook has scored more than durant.

However, the interesting part is by looking at the thunder's overall record when either KD or westbrook scored more than the other. When Durant scores more than Westbrook, they were 8-4. However, when Westbrook scores more than KD, they were only 1-4.

So who's at fault? Westbrook for shooting too much especially late in games? or Durant for not asking for the ball as much?

IBleedPurple
05-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Westbrook tried a little too hard, thus screwing the Thunder. He didn't give KD the ball nearly enough

Baller1
05-26-2011, 02:36 AM
Both of their fault for not going to Brooks and saying, "play our best playmaker more, because he can take us to the finals if we put the ball in his hands".

LongWayFromHome
05-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Both of their fault for not going to Brooks and saying, "play our best playmaker more, because he can take us to the finals if we put the ball in his hands".

He's talking about The Beard (my new boyfriend)

MFFL==FML
05-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Durant's fault. I saw way too many times Durant kicking it out to a perimeter player time after time, game after game. Game 5 was one of the worst games I have seen a supposed ''superstar'' choke and give the ball up to Westbrook who was not scared to take a shot, even if it was a horrible one.

Was Westbrook a ball hog? Yes, but what do you expect him to do when he keeps being passed the ball with only a few seconds left on the shot clock? Durant choked, Westbrook showed heart at least. I think I am in the minority to say this.

ttam68
05-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Durant's for not being able to bench 150 lbs and getting taken out of the game off the ball. Also Durant's for settling for contested 3's when he did manage to catch the ball.

Westbrook was the scapegoat this series. I think he would've loved to feed Durant

hgtiger32
05-26-2011, 01:26 PM
they are both 22. ibaka and harden are 21. chill out folks, they are getting better every year

Lim
05-26-2011, 03:27 PM
they are both 22. Ibaka and harden are 21. Chill out folks, they are getting better every year

ding ding ding

KnickFanSince91
05-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Westbrook was made the scapegoat because it seems like it's a felony to call out Durant on his disappearing act and the way he shies away from the big moment. You don't just wake up with a killer instinct after your 25th birthday...either you have it or don't. It appears that Durant doesn't have it and if he does, he's doing one hell of a job keeping it dormant.

Wade>You
05-26-2011, 04:57 PM
^ Agreed.

Durant is quickly becoming Kobe in a sense that he is exonerated for his poor shooting performances (the one and only thing KD does great) and when the Thunder lose, he does not receive any of the blame. Instead, all the blame is passed over to his teammates.

The fans and media need to get off one player's jock when the team comes up short.

allSUAVE
05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Durant Fault, he keep camping on the perimeter .like?