PDA

View Full Version : I (Mavs fan) am getting a huge man-crush on Harden

LongWayFromHome
05-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Watching the way this guy plays / he's only 21 / the way he handles himself in the huddle (<--Leader) / his interview.

Lets get a James Harden love fest going.

gatkins11
05-26-2011, 12:31 AM
I'd like to shake his hand, but he'd probably fall down like I broke his arm.

Cullksinikers
05-26-2011, 12:32 AM
I'm just glad he's not in Boston.

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Watching the way this guy plays / he's only 21 / the way he handles himself in the huddle (<--Leader) / his interview.

Welcome to PSD, Jeff Van Gundy

LongWayFromHome
05-26-2011, 12:34 AM
I'd like to shake his hand, but he'd probably fall down like I broke his arm.

I hated that moment too. But if had been Jason Kidd we woulda loved it.

Carey
05-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Im glad everyone was able to see what i've seen, my favorite thunder player, very good complete floor game, he'll be starting next year so you'll see more of this.

Sixerlover
05-26-2011, 12:37 AM
He already has the beard to make it in Philly. James Harden + Serge Ibaka + 2011 1st rounder + 2013 1st rounder for Spencer Hawes. Get it done.

Avenged
05-26-2011, 12:38 AM
A lot of young talent in OKC..

They need a coach prepared to handle ego's.

thedfactor
Welcome to PSD, Jeff Van Gundy:clap:

DoJoTheSlasher
James Harden is a VERY GOOD player. I can see him averaging 20 ppg 5 rpg 6 apg in his prime. He is becoming one of my favorite players too. Aside from all the flopping, and yes I think he is a little ***** when it comes to flopping... he is a very good player and OKC fans should be very excited about him. Starter next year.

Tanakid777
05-26-2011, 12:39 AM
I second the man-crush

gatkins11
05-26-2011, 12:46 AM
I hated that moment too. But if had been Jason Kidd we woulda loved it.

Haha exactly. He's definitely a special player. OKC definitely has a good piece with him, they're going to be very scary next year.

Giraffes Rule
05-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Who cares about his game, have you seen his beard? That thing is fantastic.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Man crush you say aye?.........

LongWayFromHome
05-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Who cares about his game, have you seen his beard? That thing is fantastic.

:worthy:

Baller1
05-26-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm gonna assassinate Brooks if he doesn't start Harden next year.

Westbrook for CP3 or Dwight... Please.

sep11ie
05-26-2011, 01:10 AM
So you have a Hard on for Harden?

LongWayFromHome
05-26-2011, 01:34 AM
^ nice (and I knew that joke was coming)

Big Game Son
05-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Imagine harden dyed that beard like green for one game? How much you wanna bet the other team would totally be throw when he attacked their jumpers.

Crackadalic
05-26-2011, 01:50 AM
Ill say this again. He'll be a allstar one day. Book it

Ty Fast
05-26-2011, 02:02 AM

me too. i really like him.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 02:03 AM
i fapped to his beard

championships
05-26-2011, 02:03 AM
I don't know about a man crush but I do like his game. The kid only has room to get alot better too.

Kashmir13579
05-26-2011, 02:25 AM
His court vision is what impresses me.

John Walls Era
05-26-2011, 02:46 AM
He could be a great player. But theres already 2 of those in OKC. His potential won't be limited, but his stardom and fame will be (media hype).

Raph12
05-26-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm gonna assassinate Brooks if he doesn't start Harden next year.

Westbrook for CP3 or Dwight... Please.

We were talking about this in the Magic forum and we agreed that if Dwight said he wanted out, the only package we'd be okay with would have to include WB & Harden, then Perk/Ibaka + picks for Dwight-Nelson...

shep33
05-26-2011, 03:03 AM
He is easily the best all around player on that team. Durant is better, don't get me wrong, but Harden can do everything.

Honestly, to me, he's the 2nd best player on that team. The guy is just plain smart when he plays. His decision making for a 21 year old is ridiculous.

Baller1
05-26-2011, 03:07 AM
We were talking about this in the Magic forum and we agreed that if Dwight said he wanted out, the only package we'd be okay with would have to include WB & Harden, then Perk/Ibaka + picks for Dwight-Nelson...

If Dwight said he was leaving for sure, there's no way you'd be getting Westy, Harden, AND Ibaka.

I understand Dwight's value, but that's not gonna happen. Wayyyy too much, especially if you guys will be the ones forced into a deal.

shep33
05-26-2011, 03:08 AM

With this trade, the Thunder wouldn't be as potentially good than with the group they have now. No way Orlando takes on Perk's deal... and lets be clear, the only way D12 gets traded is if a team picks up Arenas' deal, maybe Turk at the very least. The Thunder won't do that.

OKC needs to grow, these guys should be juniors and seniors in college... that itself is unreal. They don't need any major trades at all. Just experience. IMO, this loss is great for them, they'll learn what it takes to win eventually.

NetsPaint
05-26-2011, 03:10 AM
So you have a Hard on for Harden?
Beat me to the James Hardon joke.

dodie53
05-26-2011, 03:13 AM
baron's beard > harden's beard

313forLife
05-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Within the next couple of years this guy could very well be one of the top 3 SG in the league. Bold statement, I know. He has all the skills though, he boards the ball, he's a playmaker. He can get to the rim with ease. He has one of the best strokes in the league. And he even plays D.

One of my favorite players in the league already

Giraffes Rule
05-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Within the next couple of years this guy could very well be one of the top 3 SG in the league. Bold statement, I know. He has all the skills though, he boards the ball, he's a playmaker. He can get to the rim with ease. He has one of the best strokes in the league. And he even plays D.

One of my favorite players in the league already

Top 3? I dunno about that. DWade will still be in his prime, Monta Ellis and Kevin Martin will still be great scorers. Tyreke Evans will probably be ahead of him, just because he'll be the Kings number 1. Then there's Eric Gordon who has been flyin under the radar, but I think is going to be a star alongside Blake Griffin.

alencp3
05-26-2011, 05:41 AM
i like the hype

airforceones25
05-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Every time I see this kid play the first thing that pops into my head is Manu Ginobli. Maybe it's the lefty thing but they are both ridiculously crafty with the ball in their hands. The perfect 6th man who can take over a game and start if need be. Idk but i'd love to have him on my squad.

Bulls_fan90
05-26-2011, 06:56 AM
I have a man crush on Aaron Afflalo.

daleja424
05-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Harden is a nice player indeed... probably been their best/most consistent player this offseason...

NYKSpiritBomb
05-26-2011, 08:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG23BGERdC8

PHX2daDEATH
05-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Harden could get 23-20 a game if Westbrook would learn how to pass.. (plus the tirade..and how he pulled a LeBron by not shaking hands..I wouldn't be suprised if he's dealt, Minny makes perfect sense and he deserves to go there, to follow a career path of Stephon Marbury.. he can reunite with Love.. literally. Thunder can strip some of those young assets for him, I think they have a better #2 guy in Harden.. been watching him since he was a Sun Devil, he reminded me of Paul Pierce in college..

mttwlsn16
05-26-2011, 08:31 AM

this

rickyk13
05-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Harden could get 23-20 a game if Westbrook would learn how to pass.. (plus the tirade..and how he pulled a LeBron by not shaking hands..I wouldn't be suprised if he's dealt, Minny makes perfect sense and he deserves to go there, to follow a career path of Stephon Marbury.. he can reunite with Love.. literally. Thunder can strip some of those young assets for him, I think they have a better #2 guy in Harden.. been watching him since he was a Sun Devil, he reminded me of Paul Pierce in college..

Yeah man I am a big college basketball fan (dont rly watch nba until playoffs) but I always said the same thing. Hes gonna be a carbon copy paul pierce. he cant run the fastest or jump the highest, might not fill the hilight reals but man is he every steady. Just his poise alone should have been enough to put the ball in his hands every posession down the stretch last night. He doesnt seem like he thinks hes the best (westbrook) and it doesnt seem he cares that ppl dont think he is the best (durant) steady level headed young player. Should make westbrook tradeable.

Double_R
05-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Him and Russell Westbrook will be traded for Dwight

KnickNyKnick
05-26-2011, 10:19 AM
yeh i got a hardon for harden

x21x NiNJA x21x
05-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Well if Howard wants out, I think Okc would give up ibaka, Robinson, Perkins at most. Remember Ibaka is a young player too and is amazing on the Defense sided. Still improving on the offensive end

king4day
05-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Why state your a mavs fan. A lotta people like the guy. If the Suns were to trade Nash to OKC, he'd be the guy I'd want in return.

Sly Guy
05-26-2011, 10:53 AM
harden looked much better than westbrook in all the playoff games I'd seen from OKC this season. Very nice looking young player.

Baller1
05-26-2011, 01:57 PM

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgzfl4fUS31qatjzso1_400.jpg

hugepatsfan
05-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Harden is a monster. I so desperately wish Ainge could have gotten OKC to budge on giving him up in the Perk deal.

Lakerfrk
05-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Hard-On for Hard-en?

JLynn943
05-26-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm definitely a Harden fan after watching him play.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Harden's beard is super clean! I'm tryna grow mine like his!

Raph12
05-26-2011, 05:37 PM
If Dwight said he was leaving for sure, there's no way you'd be getting Westy, Harden, AND Ibaka.

I understand Dwight's value, but that's not gonna happen. Wayyyy too much, especially if you guys will be the ones forced into a deal.

Well Otis said he won't trade him no matter what, so it could be a bluff or it could be factual, no one really knows... Idk if you guys have money in 2012, but that may be your best shot at him.

With this trade, the Thunder wouldn't be as potentially good than with the group they have now. No way Orlando takes on Perk's deal... and lets be clear, the only way D12 gets traded is if a team picks up Arenas' deal, maybe Turk at the very least. The Thunder won't do that.

OKC needs to grow, these guys should be juniors and seniors in college... that itself is unreal. They don't need any major trades at all. Just experience. IMO, this loss is great for them, they'll learn what it takes to win eventually.

So you're saying WB-Harden-KD-Ibaka-Perk > Nelson-Sefalosha-KD-Ibaka-Dwight?... Really?

If we trade Dwight, we'll need a center in his place, if we do a deal with OKC for WB, we'll want atleast one of their bigs in the deal. Most likely will be an Amnesty Clause in the new CBA (waive one contract and it not count towards your cap), we'll use that to dump Arenas.

I know they'd get better as the years go on, but the fact is, the growth of WB and Harden's game will be limited by Durant's greatness and vise-versa. In order to get them to their full potential, they will need to make a trade.

Not saying they'll make this trade, but they definitely wouldn't be worse if they did.

FriedTofuz
05-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Hes the next baron davis. Just look at his beard.

Confusious
05-26-2011, 06:18 PM
I can't believe a 21 year old can grow a beard like Harden's.

Amazing player, amazing person.

Hard-On for Hard-en?
I'd like to feel James Hard-en me.

C_Mund
05-26-2011, 06:27 PM

JVG? Is that you?
I totally agree, I've learned more about his game from this series than I'd known from his previous couple years. Kid's a stud and has lots of drive.

Heater4life
05-26-2011, 06:31 PM
I can't believe a 21 year old can grow a beard like Harden's.

Amazing player, amazing person.

I'd like to feel James Hard-en me.

:shush:

Dont let Joakim hear you!

Sportfan
05-26-2011, 06:40 PM
I've had a bromance with Harden since his ASU days as seen by my avatar. OKC did the right thing by playing him off the bench and not starting him right away (even though he was capable of it) he's really polished up the weak points of his game. He could always score but he's become a good ball handler and a better defender now. He's got all the tools, and OKC would be smart to trade Westbrook now, and have Harden be the superkick to Durant. Hell, imo he's better than Westbrook but I'm sure everyone will disagree. He'll never reach his full potential on OKC because of Durant but I really think he has star potential in him. I'd love to see him in some Celtic green :drool: Rondo Bradley and Allen for Harden and Westy plz

Confusious
05-26-2011, 07:15 PM
:shush:

Dont let Joakim hear you!
Jo knows I keep my options open. :o

Giraffes Rule
05-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah man I am a big college basketball fan (dont rly watch nba until playoffs) but I always said the same thing. Hes gonna be a carbon copy paul pierce. he cant run the fastest or jump the highest, might not fill the hilight reals but man is he every steady. Just his poise alone should have been enough to put the ball in his hands every posession down the stretch last night. He doesnt seem like he thinks hes the best (westbrook) and it doesnt seem he cares that ppl dont think he is the best (durant) steady level headed young player. Should make westbrook tradeable.

I take it you didn't watch the rookie/sophomore game during all star weekend then, because Harden pulled off some ridiculous dunks in that game.

Sportfan
05-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Harden is a monster. I so desperately wish Ainge could have gotten OKC to budge on giving him up in the Perk deal.
this