PDA

View Full Version : Which team will try and steal Marc Gasol ???

mzgrizz
05-26-2011, 12:20 AM
From my standpoint, I BELIEVE Heisley will match anyone for Marc, but I am curious as to who you think will go for hm???

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2011, 12:27 AM
I think Toronto will make a strong push for him

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 12:28 AM
Raptors.

Hellcrooner
05-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Raps/KNicks/Warriors/Celtics/ Lakers i can see this teams inqui ring bout him as a FA if they have the cap or trying to work a deal with him so then they can negotiatie a sign and trade with Memphis.

TheHighLife
05-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Warriors

PennyMy#1
05-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Yup Warriors. Toronto definitely, though I don't know what Calderon would tell Gasol. Maybe Minnesota ? Miami ? Almost every team that has a lack on C. I would also mention the Spurs. Gasol-Duncan could be nasty for maybe 2 more years ?

mzgrizz
05-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Yup Warriors. Toronto definitely, though I don't know what Calderon would tell Gasol. Maybe Minnesota ? Miami ? Almost every team that has a lack on C. I would also mention the Spurs. Gasol-Duncan could be nasty for maybe 2 more years ?

Oh no !!! HIDE MARC :hide:

I Am Awesome-O
05-29-2011, 10:18 PM
It will be just like last year with Rudy. There will be tons of rumors about teams throwing big time money at Marc, and all of the media outlets will be treating Marc's departure as a forgone conclusion. We'll take a big man at 49 and they will use that as evidence that Marc is gone.

Then day one of free agency will start, and we will either sign Marc to a gargantuan deal, or someone else will and we will match before you can say Barcelona. Then Chad Ford and co. will bash the Grizz for overpaying their players right up until the Gridhouse is rockin' for game one of the WCF.

Geeze how many days until the draft?

MrfadeawayJB
05-29-2011, 10:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^
Sounds like a plan!!!

mzgrizz
05-29-2011, 11:34 PM
It will be just like last year with Rudy. There will be tons of rumors about teams throwing big time money at Marc, and all of the media outlets will be treating Marc's departure as a forgone conclusion. We'll take a big man at 49 and they will use that as evidence that Marc is gone.

Then day one of free agency will start, and we will either sign Marc to a gargantuan deal, or someone else will and we will match before you can say Barcelona. Then Chad Ford and co. will bash the Grizz for overpaying their players right up until the Gridhouse is rockin' for game one of the WCF.

Geeze how many days until the draft?

Awesome, it's SO good to hear your take on things !!

PennyMy#1
05-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Oh no !!! HIDE MARC :hide:

:D

But, you have to agree. There are teams that could (!) pay Gasol more than Memphis. So from a financial perspective there are some teams out there. I'm pretty sure he stays with the Grizz, but ... you never know. Right now there is a thread f.e. that says Miami has the only the 13th highest payroll in the league. Let's say Gasol is about winning a ring soon as possible and he'll take less money for that: ... Bosh-Wade-Lebron-Gasol would be ... :speechless:

Lakers are nothing to "hide" either I think. So as San Antonio. I think there are a lot of teams interested in stealing Marc Gasol, but I don't think there are much, Marc Gasol is interested in ...

MrfadeawayJB
05-31-2011, 12:09 PM

But, you have to agree. There are teams that could (!) pay Gasol more than Memphis. So from a financial perspective there are some teams out there. I'm pretty sure he stays with the Grizz, but ... you never know. Right now there is a thread f.e. that says Miami has the only the 13th highest payroll in the league. Let's say Gasol is about winning a ring soon as possible and he'll take less money for that: ... Bosh-Wade-Lebron-Gasol would be ... :speechless:

Lakers are nothing to "hide" either I think. So as San Antonio. I think there are a lot of teams interested in stealing Marc Gasol, but I don't think there are much, Marc Gasol is interested in ...

We dont know what the CBA will look like, but it is possible he could leave. However he wont go to a team that has the talent already in place to make a strong champ run. Marc knows what us Grizz fans already know, he looks so good because Zach Randolph is here too, and vice versa.

As far as a team like Miami getting Gasol, dont see it happening. He would have to accept a mid-level, and he can get a lot more than that. Miami's big 3 all have pay increases of almost $2 mil next year, so their salary cap cannot afford marc unless its at the mid level. Depending on how the new CBA looks they may not even be able to keep all 3 years down the road because at one point they would be making 20-22 mil a piece

mzgrizz
05-31-2011, 10:20 PM
I really think we end up keeping him but Heisley has to pay a chunk.

I Am Awesome-O
05-31-2011, 11:32 PM

I'd love for Gasol to take less money to sign with the Heat. That would make it much easier for the Grizzlies to pay him when they match the offer.

GrizzOfAnarchy
06-01-2011, 12:11 AM
I agree from how Heisley will match up anyone for Gasol. I believe Knicks will push hard to bring Gasol to NY. Amare will feel more comfortable playing full time PF instead of part time in PF & C. Raptor, Lakers, & Clippers probably attempts to offer Gasol a deal. I'm still in faith that Heisley will get Gasol back in Grindhouse!

cyclonw
06-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Wherever Marc goes I will be cheering for that team. Although I am hoping he will stay but I am hoping not a max contract just a decent one enough to have key pieces for a team loaded already with huge contracts.
Worst Case scenario : 1) Sixers should try to lure him. at least not a lowly team. Sixers is also a developing team with Key pieces in place already. But personally, i think they need a veteran PG to spare head the offense and defense someone like Kirk.
2) Golden State : Personally they should try to move Biedrins and Monta. to unload these huge contracts or maybe trade Monta, Biedrins and Lee for D. howard and Jason Richardson. and move D. Howard to PF. This is a very strong team having a starting five of Curry, Richardson, Wright, Howard and Gasol. Imagine the defense inside????

mzgrizz
06-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Well I'd rather think of keeping the team intact WITH Rudy and imagine that threat?I think we could have competed with either Dallas or Miami after watching last night.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Depends what the hard cap is after the lockout. First rumor was hard cap of $45 million. I think it will be higher yet. Also the one time amnesty clause to buyout one bad contract. Besides rumor that all contracts will have rollback of a certain %. My guess is 10% rollbacks.

ImGoinToJackson
06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
There is not a team in need of a true center; even as a back-up. Its truly gonna be up to him & what he want out of his career.

Hellcrooner
06-04-2011, 01:56 PM
There is not a team in need of a true center; even as a back-up. Its truly gonna be up to him & what he want out of his career.
:confused: you joking arent you?

Knicks: Need a starting center who can be the 3rd scoring option.
Nets: No
Sixers. Need a starting center who can be even a 2nd scoring option.
Raptors: need a starting cener and MArc could even be their MAIN man.
Celtics: Need a starting center after trading perk away.
Bobcats: Kwame brown? they ****ing need a starting center.
Heat: NEED a starting center.
Magic: NO.........................( unless you know d12 wants out)
Hawks: Need a starting center so horford plays his NATURAL pf Positon.
Wizards: Need a startin center who can be a 2nd option.
Bulls: No....but marc woudl be an upgrade.
Pistons: NEEd a center that is an Scoring option.
Bucks: No
Cavs: NEed a Center and marc woudl even be THEIR MAIN mAN.
Pacers: No...... but woudl be an upgrade
Lakers: Not in principle but woudl do Drew for Marc any day
Clipers: No but woudl be an upgrade.
Suns: NEED A CENTER and one that can be a scoring option
Kings: Need a center and one that can be a scoring option
Warriors: Need a center and one that can be a scoring option
Thunder: Add Marc and they are the Nba champions
Balzers: need a starting center WITH URGENCY
Jazz. Need a starting center.
Nuggets. Need a startinc center to move Nene to Pf.
Wolves: WOULD LOVE to join rubio to Marc, he woudl even be the MAIN man.
Mavs:No but would eb an upgrade.
Spurs: NEED IT DESPERATLY
Rockets: Ming is not coming back so they coudl use him.
Hornets: Need it and need it badly.

mzgrizz
06-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Eh, I don't think that's what he meant, but great analysis anyway

ImGoinToJackson
06-04-2011, 10:05 PM
My Bad. I meant he will have a lot of interest and its up to him what he wants out of contract, career, playing time. Sorry for the poor grammar & any confusion.

mzgrizz
06-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Yep. Sometimes my brain is faster than my typing and TG for the edit button :D

Monta is beast
06-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Hope it's the Warriors. I would be willing to give up Ellis for Gasol & a pick are something like that. Do you guys think thats fair value?

mzgrizz
06-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Hope it's the Warriors. I would be willing to give up Ellis for Gasol & a pick are something like that. Do you guys think thats fair value?

No way that would be fair
Might work in $$$$ but not in reality with the value of a true 7 footer
who is an all round player