PDA

View Full Version : So tired of players complaining to referees

Bryanarc
05-26-2011, 12:01 AM
I've watched d wade and dirk and other players complain and complain to get fouls called for them. Now it doesn't mean there are not great players and they are defintely doing there thing in there respective series. But when you see calls that determine games it drives me nuts, when you see oklahoma players trying to get calls like dallas and instead there making turnovers its demoralizing and I don't care to watch the games.

k.smith904
05-26-2011, 12:05 AM
if games were called consistently fair, I'm sure 85% of players and coaches (and fans) wouldn't complain.

koreancabbage
05-26-2011, 12:17 AM
the worse is Paul Pierce. he complains about everything.

but he did play for the woeful Celtics before KG and Allen came along.

iggypop123
05-26-2011, 12:35 AM
the refs are human which means they make mistakes, which means they have done something wrong where players have legit beefs at times

AKAYaReal
05-26-2011, 12:40 AM
The problem I have with players complaining on a missed call is them not getting back on defense and letting the other team out number them on the other end or just end up with a easy fast break.

Let the coaches do 90% of the complaining and let the players do the other 10% during a dead ball.

gatkins11
05-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Easy solution, call your own fouls. That would be a sight.

rhino17
05-26-2011, 12:58 AM
The NBA is the single worst officiated sport in the world

Panthers4life
05-26-2011, 01:04 AM
no the worst at it is lebron. he whines about EVERYTHING.

sep11ie
05-26-2011, 01:16 AM
I know, like totally. I think it just started this year and stuff.

Mr Haha
05-26-2011, 01:18 AM
I really agree. I can't stand the whiney look on these player's faces. The NBA is the least sportsmanlike sport in the world. Whatever happened to being honorable when things don't go your way? It's just sad to see these babies night after night.

hineswardfan
05-26-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm cool with them complaining because I don't care anymore. If they wanna look like little princesses then let them they will earn no respect.

Flashsides
05-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Know who's the worst?

Thibs.

He's obnoxious if there's a call he doesn't like.

Big Game Son
05-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Honestly the call complaint thing is sad. They REALLY need to get rid of the "let me fake a jumper...ooo you fell for it let me dive into you" tactic though that's pathetic. That does not represent professional athlete incentives to perform. They do all this training and shot practice and work so they can go out there and win the big game and make that game winning shot or create that great play, instead they get touched and pretend like the man reeeewwwwieeee hurt them :(. Until refs stop rewarding its the dumbest smart play in existence in any sport. Find me one dumber.

itsripcity32
05-26-2011, 01:51 AM
lol im tired of bulls fans complaining about referees

Raph12
05-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Seems like Dwight is the only one getting T'd up for it though...

Crackadalic
05-26-2011, 02:24 AM
The NBA is the single worst officiated sport in the world

This. I know its hard because basketball is a face pace sport but officiating has been really really bad this year. They need to go watch some tape or update the rules to keep calls consistent

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 09:02 AM
I am more sick of certain fan bases *****ing about the refs everytime something doesn't go their way

Get over it. NBA refs are the best available. Move on.

jtsunami
05-26-2011, 09:15 AM
That's cute Hawkeye. Act like it is a non-issue. Every single other sport goes by the rule book they are issued. The NBA doesn't care and doesn't care to fix it.

How can you say the NBA refs are the best available while keeping a straight face? The NBA is the worst officiated sport, bar none.

jp611
05-26-2011, 09:18 AM
NBA is the hardest game to officiate, but it would be nice if they actually called travels and didnt give touch fouls to the stars... it waters down the game

And yeah Dwyane Wade is the biggest whiny ***** and all you see from him is his arms flailing around every time he doesnt get a call

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 09:22 AM
That's cute Hawkeye. Act like it is a non-issue. Every single other sport goes by the rule book they are issued. The NBA doesn't care and doesn't care to fix it.

How can you say the NBA refs are the best available while keeping a straight face? The NBA is the worst officiated sport, bar none.

They are the best available basketball ref's. If they weren't, they would be replaced.

I am not saying its a non-issue. I am saying fan bases of a team that is losing constantly do this. Whether it be the Kings in 2001, the Mavs in 2006, the Lakers in 2008, the Bulls today, it doesn't matter.

The refs will never be 100% accurate. Get over it, or don't watch the NBA is the point. None of the complaining fans do will change the fact.

jp611
05-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Well on topic now, how about whiny *****es like Lebron and Wade flailing their arms around when they don't get a touch foul... its ****ing annoying... play the game and get over it

mttwlsn16
05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
no the worst at it is lebron. he whines about EVERYTHING.

kobe

Rentzias
05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
This part of the politics of the game. The call won't be reversed, and both sides know that, but I think the complaining is just politicking. You just want to get into the ref's ear and sow that seed in his mind--"watch because he wraps his arm around on the drive" or "he's pushing my elbow on the jumper"--so that you can sway the calls your way.
It's aggravating to see players do it on every play, but you have to understand there's a little bit more to it than just arguing about that play.

mttwlsn16
05-26-2011, 09:31 AM
I am more sick of certain fan bases *****ing about the refs everytime something doesn't go their way

Get over it. NBA refs are the best available. Move on.

indirect shot at the bulls? lol

justOmazing
05-26-2011, 09:36 AM
lol im tired of bulls fans complaining about referees

Though you are just baiting us.... I'll bite. You're right! We shouldn't complain about this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTDMwSaO_9w

or this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kOfKbpEwdM&feature=related

or this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq70UaVv6go

Nothing to complain about there!

pebloemer
05-26-2011, 09:37 AM
NBA is the hardest game to officiate, but it would be nice if they actually called travels and didnt give touch fouls to the stars... it waters down the game

The rules of what is or isn't a foul can be so bloody specific in many situations, that I absolutely agree it is the hardest game to officiate.

They are the best available basketball ref's. If they weren't, they would be replaced.

I am not saying its a non-issue. I am saying fan bases of a team that is losing constantly do this. Whether it be the Kings in 2001, the Mavs in 2006, the Lakers in 2008, the Bulls today, it doesn't matter.

The refs will never be 100% accurate. Get over it, or don't watch the NBA is the point. None of the complaining fans do will change the fact.

You can assume they are the best available, but it's impossible to really know that. But as you stated, the refs will never be perfect. There will ALWAYS be missed calls and bad calls in this sport no matter who is officiating. People guided by emotion will complain. In the heat of the moment that is understandable for a fan, but creating threads about officiating every other week gets very tiresome. I agree people need to learn to let go of what they can't control.

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Well on topic now, how about whiny *****es like Lebron and Wade flailing their arms around when they don't get a touch foul... its ****ing annoying... play the game and get over it

have you ever watched Kobe play? he constantly takes himself out of defensive plays in transition because he is busy whining. Dirk? Constantly whining. Duncan? I can't believe his eyes haven't popped out of the sockets yet. Boozer cries all the time.

It gets old watching any player whine. Don't act like its just Miami players that do it because you are living in the moment, and pissed about the series your team is involved in.

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 09:39 AM
indirect shot at the bulls? lol

not at all. As I stated above, this could go at Kings fans from 2001, Mavs fans from 2006, Laker fans from 2008, Bulls fans from today, and any other fanbase who cops out with the "refs screwed us!" complaints.

Honestly, get over something out of your control, or go watch ping pong. The refs kick *** in that sport

jp611
05-26-2011, 09:40 AM
have you ever watched Kobe play? he constantly takes himself out of defensive plays in transition because he is busy whining. Dirk? Constantly whining. Duncan? I can't believe his eyes haven't popped out of the sockets yet. Boozer cries all the time.

It gets old watching any player whine. Don't act like its just Miami players that do it because you are living in the moment, and pissed about the series your team is involved in.

Yeah, Kobe and Dirk are awful at it too... Boozer just yells constantly, but he's not flailing his arms around like these 4 guys... and Boozer deserves to complain too, the guy gets called for the stupidest calls all while Lebron, Wade and Bosh are getting away with murder

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah, Kobe and Dirk are awful at it too... Boozer just yells constantly, but he's not flailing his arms around like these 4 guys... and Boozer deserves to complain too, the guy gets called for the stupidest calls all while Lebron, Wade and Bosh are getting away with murder

welcome to the NBA, where stars get the calls. And don't even bring up Rose, he avoids contact like a machine, and never pleads his case. Stars get calls. Shoot, watch Kevin Martin. he will drive you insane

jp611
05-26-2011, 09:45 AM
welcome to the NBA, where stars get the calls. And don't even bring up Rose, he avoids contact like a machine, and never pleads his case. Stars get calls. Shoot, watch Kevin Martin. he will drive you insane

Rose has been getting hammered all series, getting nailed to the ground, yeah thats avoiding contact, but he still can't get a ****ing call

jtsunami
05-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Ya Kevin Martin is really hard to watch. He takes advantage of the system more than anyone.

ChitownSports16
05-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Perkins has to be the worst baby about calls hands down...

JordansBulls
05-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Sorry I disagree here. If you have ever played basketball and you had someone who was inferior to you in the sport defending you and they did a decent job on you for a possession and missed a shot badly with barely any contact you would complain all the time as well.

pd1dish
05-26-2011, 10:28 AM
im tired of refs single handedly taking over games and calling the smallest touch fouls. i wish the NBA was the same as it was 15 years ago. its become a ***** league

conv23
05-26-2011, 10:56 AM
The worst in my opinion is joakim noah, while watching the heat bulls series i have seen him argue every call, even tho some are too obvious once they replay the play. i cannot stand him, at time i feel like the nba is turning into soccer where every player fakes and over exaggerate every foul.

jtsunami
05-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Huh? Noah more times than not holds it in and says stuff under his breath. The only time he turns to the ref and complains is when it's obvious it was a bad call. Boozer is worse than Noah for sure.

Leathernecks
05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
The worst in my opinion is joakim noah, while watching the heat bulls series i have seen him argue every call, even tho some are too obvious once they replay the play. i cannot stand him, at time i feel like the nba is turning into soccer where every player fakes and over exaggerate every foul.

Granted I'm a bulls fan and can't stand listening to Boozer yell hey everytime he puts up a shot, but the worst at overexaggerating is Bosh. I wish I had a counter going for how many times he looks like he got shot and flops around on the ground like a fish out of water.

conv23
05-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Granted I'm a bulls fan and can't stand listening to Boozer yell hey everytime he puts up a shot, but the worst at overexaggerating is Bosh. I wish I had a counter going for how many times he looks like he got shot and flops around on the ground like a fish out of water.

i agree with bosh also overexaggerating. the point im trying to get accross is that nba players are turning into cry babies. i know that at times the player needs to challenge a play but GOD DAMM there has to be a limit.

KnickFanSince91
05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
You see baseball players ***** about balls and strikes but the difference is the home plate ump is going to consistently call that low strike or inside strike the entire night, no matter who is at the plate. Players know how certain umps are going to call the game before they go in or they will know by the end of the 2nd inning.

The problem with the NBA is that the refs are not consistent from game to game or even from one play to the next. They might call a foul depending on who is shooting, if it goes in and depending on the score and clock. If the league did a better job of holding refs accountable for their blatant inconsistencies, they would have no need to T players up for complaining about calls all the time.

As for the "gotcha" fouls, the league should close the loophole created here

Section II--By Dribbler
a. A dribbler shall not (1) charge into an opponent who has established a legal guarding position, or (2) attempt to dribble between two opponents, or (3) attempt to dribble between an opponent and a boundary, where sufficient space is not avail-able for illegal contact to be avoided.
b. If a defender is able to establish a legal position in the straight line path of the dribbler, the dribbler must avoid contact by changing direction or ending his dribble.
c. The dribbler must be in control of his body at all times. If illegal contact occurs, the responsibility is on the dribbler.

by including a clause for jump shooting. You can't run into a guy and get the call if you're dribbling so you shouldn't be able to jump into a guy while ur shooting either. They need to define a legal defensive position for contesting a jump shot so players can cut the crap. Any kind of contact initiated by the offense should be an offense foul at best or a no call at least.

Leathernecks
05-26-2011, 02:29 PM
i agree with bosh also overexaggerating. the point im trying to get accross is that nba players are turning into cry babies. i know that at times the player needs to challenge a play but GOD DAMM there has to be a limit.

I agree with you there. I don't watch too many Western conference games, but thats one of the main reasons I hated watching Boston games was because of Pierce and Perkins. At least Perkins got traded so it's not quite as bad. I don't remember Wade being so bad at it in the past, but since Lebron came over, it seems he whines alot more. And then there's Lebron, he complains to the refs when he's not even in the play. If you watch the replay of the Boozer flagrant on Bosh, Lebron ran up to and yelled at 2 officials before they made that call.

AntiG
05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Perkins has to be the worst baby about calls hands down...

no, that would be Kobe Bryant by far. He forgets that his team is still playing basketball and complains while the opposing team is running on a 5 on 4 fast break.

Tim Duncan gets second place.

TheHighLife
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Has the NBA always been about acting and seeing who can flop the most when nobody touches them?

JasonJohnHorn
05-26-2011, 05:03 PM
If you were on the court, you'd complain too. If you knew you were getting fouled and the officials werent seeing it, it is perfectly reasonable to point it out. There are three officials, there are ten players on the court. They cannot see everything, and to argue your case and let them know what they are missing is totally reasonable.

The Embassy
05-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Complaining about others complaining is always hilarious to me. Which is worse, someone complaining about getting hit and not getting a call in their job where you should get the call, or someone on a sports website who is probably a fat loser sitting at his desk playing world of warcraft complaining about the hard working professionals?