PDA

View Full Version : Hinrich vs TJ Ford

Wade>You
10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Hinrich vs TJ Ford aka Chicago vs Toronto ;)

Anyways both are from the 03 draft class and finished signing off on contract extensions.

Hinrich is the fundemental PG that can defend well and has the scoring arsenal.

TJ is more of a triple dub threat but isn't known for his defense. He's more what you look for in a PG as far as being able to see the floor, run the floor, and find plays where there are none. He also does a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet and at times can give a lot of versatility.

Who's the better player?
Who would you build your team around?
Which PG is a better fit for your fav team?

Bob_at_york
10-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Who's the better player??
Tough to say... they both have had such young careers.

Who would you build your team around??
At this point: Kirk.

Which PG is a better fit for your fav team?
TJ. The Raps want to run and TJ is one of the fastest players in the league.

LD V2.0
10-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Hinrich is the better player right now, Ford is a a better fit for the Raptors. I would like for both of them to play for the Raptors. Come on Bulls, totally mistreat him so he won't re-sign with you. :)

One more note. I wouldn't build a team around either. Neither one of them is a superstar that can carry a team to the promised land. Both are great pieces to put around your superstar.

DamnGoat
10-31-2006, 04:15 PM
Hinrich.

BDeezy
10-31-2006, 05:22 PM
captain kirk all the way.

Redbull
10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
1. Hinrich
2. Hinrich
3. Hinrich

Bob_at_york
11-01-2006, 12:23 AM
who voted for TJ?

Wade>You
11-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I voted for Hinrich, TJ has to take it up a notch.

spurs4ever
11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
i didnt realise this comparison was debateable :confused:

hinrich, kirk and then the wade stopper.

Bob_at_york
11-01-2006, 11:14 AM
i didnt realise this comparison was debateable :confused:
me neither. I am not sure why wade>you felt he needed to start the thread.

LD V2.0
11-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah, he might as well have started a thread "Beer and pizza Vs. Getting mule kicked in the nads." :)

Wade>You
11-01-2006, 06:32 PM
You guys are right, how did I not see the scrubbiness that is TJ Ford over Kirk Hinrich.

Oh that's right, cuz they both finished signing contract extensions, both are from the same draft class, and TJ got a bigger contract than Kirk, who I already said is the better player, IMO.

It's a good comparison despite what some of you may think.

The one thing that TJ has over Hinrich is 1 more year of experience and his health. But TJ is a triple dub threat, he's one of those PGs that can do it all on any given night. If given the same luck with his health like Hinrich, I think you would see that he's gonna be a good player one day as he developes.

Eh, forget it, I'll bump this back up when TJ is doing his thang.

hinrich, kirk and then the wade stopper.What is television: (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&defl=en&q=define:Television&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title) The electronic transmission and presentation of pictures and sounds.

You should get one and go watch Wade last night.

spurs4ever
11-01-2006, 07:49 PM
ummmm, just like heat fans say last night's game doesnt matter because its the regular season then wade playing well doesnt matter either, kirk shut wade down in the PLAYOFFS and the heat really needed shaq to take care of bussiness for him, get a tv and watch games 1, 2 and 6 of the 1st round, all wade did was shoot free throws and turn the ball over, shaq was the deciding factor in games 1 and 2 and he was pretty much the only factor on game 6.

Bob_at_york
11-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh that's right, cuz they both finished signing contract extensions, both are from the same draft class, and TJ got a bigger contract than Kirk, who I already said is the better player, IMO.
TJ got a smaller contract then Kirk. :confused:

The one thing that TJ has over Hinrich is 1 more year of experience and his health.
once again I think you are confusing the two. Hinrich has more experience because TJ missed time with his injury.

But TJ is a triple dub threat, he's one of those PGs that can do it all on any given night. If given the same luck with his health like Hinrich, I think you would see that he's gonna be a good player one day as he developes.
This I agree with. But you seem to admit yourself that TJ hasn't fully developed his game yet. I think a better comparison would be TK and J. Nelson.

JordansBulls
11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Hinrich

Bob_at_york
11-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Hinrich
wow this thread made a comeback!!

Interesting that you would still say Hinrich since he is averaging less points, assists, rebounds and he is playing more then TJ. Also if you ask most people they would say that Kirk has a better team around him.

spurs4ever
11-21-2006, 02:08 PM
we arent basing it on teams succes but on his ability to play on both sides of the court, when tj ford can keep dwyane wade in check let us know ;)

Bob_at_york
11-21-2006, 02:33 PM
we arent basing it on teams succes but on his ability to play on both sides of the court, when tj ford can keep dwyane wade in check let us know ;)
hey I voted for Kirk but all I am saying is that the way TJ is playing right now he is proving a lot of people wrong. A lot of people on here said he couldn't reach these heights.

wissportsfan
11-22-2006, 02:52 PM
If Tj played more defense then i think he would be better than hinrich but tj's defense is so inconsistant its terrible.

JAZZNC
11-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Can you say neither? I don't really think that Kirk is this great player that sooo many people make him out to be. Don't get me wrong he's a starting PG but I don't consider him top five or maybe even top 10 and TJ could be but he's just hurt all the time, so I'd take neither. I guess I would say TJ has the most upside but Kirk I guess is better now.

ChiCitySPORTS
11-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Hinrich...he plays on both ends of the floor.

a more sutiable comparison for ford would be meer nelson or somethign.

doomsdork9
11-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Hinrich no dought

amare#1
08-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Very close. I'd probably take TJ Ford atm.

slamfan4life
08-23-2008, 02:36 PM
hinrich is better, less injury prone and can shoot better

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 03:55 PM
TJ Ford

Jay22Redd
08-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Hinrich easy

Tom81
08-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Kirk Hinrich

Wade3
08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Hinrich another old thread brought back

PhillyLuver
08-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Very close. I'd probably take TJ Ford atm.

Dude, stop bringing these back

_Sn1P3r_
08-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I love TJ and everything but Hinrich cause he plays good D.