PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else dissapointed in Derrick Rose's performance?

Pages : [1] 2

Greet
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Listen I'm not a big D. Rose fan, I think he's the most overrated player of the past decade, I don't think he deserved MVP and I don't think he's close to CP's or Deron's level. I do think he's a very talented kid, and is a very good offensive player.

His performance against the Heat so far, might be one of the worst playoff performances for a teams best player, i've ever witnessed. It came to a point in their last game, that Derrick Rose was hurting his team when he was on the court then helping them.

Lets have an actual discussion here, not a hate-fest on me nor Derrick Rose.

dnewguy
05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
There really is no need for this, the guy is 22yrs old and the MVP. He's overachieving already at such a young age.

Tha Truth
05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Obviously every Bulls fan is going to be disappointed, especially since they lost the game.

In before lock or lock before in. Whichever way you want to put it lol

mttwlsn16
05-25-2011, 10:37 AM
hes young. and doesnt really have any other type A talent around him
give him time

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:40 AM
No. He is young. He is a great player. His day will come.

synister281
05-25-2011, 10:42 AM
This is all a learning experience for him. He's just going to keep improving his game.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:50 AM
yeah- hes not gonna start winning right away. He'll understand he needs to create shot for others, not just himself. He doesnt realize- if 2 guys are guarding you, SOMEONE is open.

SteBO
05-25-2011, 10:54 AM
No. He is young. He is a great player. His day will come.

This is all a learning experience for him. He's just going to keep improving his game.

What these guys said.

Tarheels23
05-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Overall he has had some pretty terrible shooting preformances this entire post season. And while I agree with you that he is one of the most overrated players in the NBA and should not have won MVP, his teammates arent playing well this series either. The Heat are a great defensive team and are freakishly athletic. They have pretty much shut down everyone this post season. (Cant wait to see what happens when they meet Dirk)

RaiderLakersA's
05-25-2011, 10:58 AM
If this were Kobe Bryant that we were talking about, this thread would have exploded with everyone demanding that he had been exposed, just like the last regular season MVP winner was exposed in the playoffs.

The fact is Rose is going up against two of the top 5 players in the entire league in Wade and LeBron. You would expect his numbers to be pedestrian.

Further, this reinforces the belief that the role of the point guard is to make everyone else around him better. Rose is young and his skills as a creator and floor general will improve. He should work to see the floor the way a Steve Nash does. With vision and passing skills like that, Rose would truly be lights out.

29$JerZ
05-25-2011, 11:00 AM
He is on a team with limited offensive weapons. They are better than what LeBron had in Cleveland but no one other than Rose can create offense for themselves.

Other than that Rose is a good player. He does need to work on being efficient though. 20+ shots to score 20+ points is a terrible thing.

WeBallin
05-25-2011, 11:02 AM
22Yr old MVP of the League, Playin against a team thats hittin their stride at the RIGHT time, No dissapointment there, only let down i could see here is that bulls should have gottn a Threat at SG position b4 the Trade dealine, but regardless this is the ultimate learnin curve needed to elavate DR game higher, next year he comes back with a more improved jumpshot, maybe more help on the wing(SG) an they make the finals........BTW its not over YET...

ddhulett
05-25-2011, 11:03 AM
No, You can't expect D.Rose and K.Durant to be on the same level as Lebron, Wade and Dirk.

It's all in experience and not that easy to come in that young and beat guys you have just as much talent as you as well as a lot more experience.

thawv
05-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I love that he's only 22. Some awesome talent for such a young age. A couple of problems. His bar was set pretty high by winning the MVP. He carried this team all season long, and now he's up against better players then him. Also, he is a horrible shooter, and so is just about every player on the Bulls. Great defense, and offensive rebounds can get you pretty far. But at the end of the day, wide open shots have to be made. Plain and simple.

He'll get it. There's no doubt there. Because the Bulls can't make 4" tip ins, or a 2' shot, he has to do everything. He's just not capable of doing that. Put some talent around him, where he knows that he doesn't have to drive the lane in a pile of 4 guys, and he'll be incredible. Also, he has to learn how to make a jump shot. Hell, he would still be in college had he stayed! He is so very gifted.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2011, 11:05 AM
There really is no need for this, the guy is 22yrs old and the MVP. He's overachieving already at such a young age.

Exactly. It takes time for a young star to adjust to the playoffs. Kobe has had some UGLY playoff performances, especially early in his career. Derrick Rose is already getting ECF reps at 22. That's a good thing.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 11:08 AM
He did play pretty bad but like everyone has been saying, he is young. No real playoff experience yet.

Hugbees
05-25-2011, 11:11 AM
This series proves that he is not the MVP of the league, nor is he the best player. He's solid, but the hype train should and will die down if the Bulls don't win at least 2 more games in this series.

LBJ, you can hate him ( I sure do..) but you cannot deny his greatness. He should still be considered the best, and should of won the MVP.

Cool007
05-25-2011, 11:13 AM

This.

LeBron went through the same. He had big trouble against Spurs (Bruce Bowen) and Spur's defense. Then he had some trouble vs Artest (LeBron admitted to it as well). He learned from it and got better at it.

I remember like yesterday when Kobe was shooting air balls in the crunch time vs Jazz earlier in his career in the playoffs (before Shaq was in LA). He learned from it as well.

MJ had his own troubles vs certain teams as well but he learned from it and got even better.

Now, it's Rose's (and Durant's) turn to go through this lumps and just get better at it. This will put a BITTER taste in his mouth and make him work even harder this summer and come back with a much better 3pt shot and overall game.

1 thing I never question Rose is about his Will, Desire, Dedication and Passion for the game. He also doesn't hesitate to held himself accountable and wants to improve and be the best player on the court.

This will just make him stronger and a better player next year.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 11:16 AM
He is young and lacks valuable experience........ With that said, it is dissapointing. He is that team, he needs to find a way to step up.

chitownkid1
05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Man the kid is 22 freakin years old and is the main guy on his team facing two future hall of famers in their prime! Rose has a world of talent but he needs help no one superstar can do it on their own especially against a team as talented like the heat. Kobe needed shaq, lebron needed dwade, pierce needed garnett and allen, and even jordan needed pippen. If the bulls do a good job of putting some offense power around him he'll be fine. Lets not act like this is his 4 or 5th time to the finals with nothin to show.

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Listen I'm not a big D. Rose fan, I think he's the most overrated player of the past decade, I don't think he deserved MVP and I don't think he's close to CP's or Deron's level. I do think he's a very talented kid, and is a very good offensive player.

His performance against the Heat so far, might be one of the worst playoff performances for a teams best player, i've ever witnessed. It came to a point in their last game, that Derrick Rose was hurting his team when he was on the court then helping them.

lol

omdigga
05-25-2011, 11:45 AM
more impressed with heats defense.. DRose already proved he can ball imo..

DQL
05-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Rose certainly hasn't played his best ball but you guys need to give the HEAT's defense some credit. Its stinginess really frustrated the hell out of Rose and made him force things. You don't see a lot of teams that can offer 3 players on the floor at the same time who can check Rose like the HEAT do (not to mention Joel Anthony protects the rim extremely well)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-25-2011, 11:46 AM
I love that he's only 22. Some awesome talent for such a young age. A couple of problems. His bar was set pretty high by winning the MVP. He carried this team all season long, and now he's up against better players then him. Also, he is a horrible shooter, and so is just about every player on the Bulls. Great defense, and offensive rebounds can get you pretty far. But at the end of the day, wide open shots have to be made. Plain and simple.

He'll get it. There's no doubt there. Because the Bulls can't make 4" tip ins, or a 2' shot, he has to do everything. He's just not capable of doing that. Put some talent around him, where he knows that he doesn't have to drive the lane in a pile of 4 guys, and he'll be incredible. Also, he has to learn how to make a jump shot. Hell, he would still be in college had he stayed! He is so very gifted.

The first 2 rounds, and even after game 1 of the ECF's, Rose's supporting cast was more then enough. Now he doesn't have enough talent? :confused:

LakersIn5
05-25-2011, 11:49 AM
i expected him to suck in the ECF

stawka
05-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Before you succeed, you must fail. Happens to the best of them.

He's a great young player, seems humble. I do think he's quite overrated by PSD and some of the media, claiming he "might have a case" for the best player in the game. I think Dwight was more valuable to his team than Rose during the season, but either way the MVP was one of theirs.

He's 22, has an MVP, is in the ECF against a superteam with the best player in the world. He's struggling, but it's not like he's ****

godolphins
05-25-2011, 11:54 AM
He's just 22 and this is his first time in his career going this deep in the playoffs and he deserved to win that MVP especially when he had to carry his team on his back for most of the regular season. Just give him time to grow in the playoffs, believe me he'll get there.

Double_R
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
He is only 22, but he has had some performances that would make Allen Iverson blush.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 12:04 PM
U have to be atleast a little dissapointed. Hes not young enough to win mvp. Not young enough for ppl (mostly bull fans) to claim best player in the world. And he clearly has enough confidence (said he would take over game 4)

so why is he young enough to use his age as an excuse?

I do get that his lack of experience does play a part, but shouldnt have played that big a part.
Like others said, credit the defense of the heat but i am dissapointed in his performance this series

bagwell368
05-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Rose is one of the 4 best player in this Series, but the best 2, and the 4th play for the other team. He'll be back as will OKC.

thawv
05-25-2011, 12:14 PM
The first 2 rounds, and even after game 1 of the ECF's, Rose's supporting cast was more then enough. Now he doesn't have enough talent? :confused:

There's enough talent to win a lot of regular seasons. Especially in the East. Probably only 4 good teams there. And there's enough talent to get by some very bad playoff teams. But as far as getting to the next level, they lack talent badly.

JordansBulls
05-25-2011, 12:19 PM
This series thus far.

Lebron 25/7/7/2/2 on 45% FG
Bosh 24/7 on 64% FG
Wade 18/7/2/2/1 on 39% FG

Rose 24/6/4/1 on 36% FG

Not sure why. He is being defended by two guys who are almost as quick as him are good defenders and have the length and size to deal with him not to mention the only playmaker on the team, not to mention those 2 guys are better than him.

ChitownSports16
05-25-2011, 12:19 PM
What a dump Thead... :facepalm:

In this case LBJ has been a dissapointment for the last 4-6 years:confused:

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 12:26 PM
It's nice for the Heat to be able to have Wade and Lebron take turns at the 6-3 point guard defensively. With the way the Bulls are constructed, its almost impossible for Rose to shoot at a 50% clip consistently, especially in the playoffs. Boozer and Deng are good players and can make shots, but no one fears them. Once the Bulls get another guy that the opposing team has to account for, his FG% will go up, and they'll go deeper in the playoffs.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 12:28 PM
^^ consistantly? Has she shot 50% at all this series?

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 12:34 PM
^^ consistantly? Has she shot 50% at all this series?

10-22 in game 1, whats your point?

Muttman73
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
That last play, sigh...8 seconds and he puts that crap up? He's young, the future is bright but they were so close...

WSU Tony
05-25-2011, 12:56 PM
My god, another Rose thread? Seriously?

Either Chicago fans need some sort of vindication from other for Rose or someone is bashing him.

Seriously, Chicago has become the most annoying team on PSD. I hate hearing anything about them. I avoid the NBA section because of these stupid threads.

WSU Tony
05-25-2011, 12:57 PM

10-22 isn't shooting 50%.

:laugh:

ilstubirds
05-25-2011, 01:01 PM
I am a Bulls fan myself. Derrick Rose made 1st team all NBA. Right now, he isn't even "1st team of what's left in the Playoffs". I would give that to Wade, LeBron, Durant, Dirk, Bosh.

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 01:02 PM

oh really? I didn't know that. You must have a calculator handy with you at all times to figure something like that out.

itsripcity32
05-25-2011, 01:04 PM
they should take away his mvp. :/ helllla dissapointed

itsripcity32
05-25-2011, 01:06 PM

yes, and so is rose

gilly
05-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Failure has to come before greatness. See Michael Jordan.

Chronz
05-25-2011, 01:41 PM

LOL yes because Rose is dropping 40-8-8 in this series loss.

arkanian215
05-25-2011, 01:44 PM
It's just disappointing he didn't back up the talk like he usually does.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 01:46 PM

lol this is my point. cant do something consistantly if u havnt done it

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 01:53 PM
lol this is my point. cant do something consistantly if u havnt done it

the larger point still remains, and is correct.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
the larger point still remains, and is correct.

ok you are right. bulls get a SG, roses FG% will go up and the bulls will be a better team.
guess we'll see next year

Chronz
05-25-2011, 02:10 PM
ok you are right. bulls get a SG, roses FG% will go up and the bulls will be a better team.
guess we'll see next year

Just how perfect of a team does Rose have to play with in order to perform?

John Walls Era
05-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Its unfortunate that they got Boozer this summer. A defensive liability and a guy who thinks hes better than he is.

I mean the kid is 22. Hes had a great season. The Bulls exceeded expectations, DRose had led them well so far, but the Heat are just a bit too good.

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 02:14 PM

lets just say having 2 out of 5 guys on the floor who can't score is a problem for anyone, including Lebron.

Rose doesn't WANT to take 28 shots a game. He would LOVE to take 18 shots a game and win.

justinnum1
05-25-2011, 02:15 PM
give the kid a break, miamis defense is has been so underrated its not funny. He is always seeing 2 on defenders and his lack of support is playing right into the heats game plan. This is good experience for him.

justinnum1
05-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Its unfortunate that they got Boozer this summer. A defensive liability and a guy who thinks hes better than he is.

I mean the kid is 22. Hes had a great season. The Bulls exceeded expectations, DRose had led them well so far, but the Heat are just a bit too good.

Imagine if they got scola

ManRam
05-25-2011, 02:16 PM

LeBron was rarely as bad as Rose has been in the playoffs though. Even when the Cavs were losing, he often was putting up some insane numbers. LeBron never had half the cast Rose has.

I mean, in 2009, and he had one of, if not the best, playoffs I've ever seen. He went 35/9/7, shot over 50% and had an insane PER of 37 and an even more insane WS/48 of 0.400! If those ever get replicated, well, I doubt they will. Those are mind blowing. Nothing short of insane. Even against Orlando, the series they lost, he hit a few clutch shots. His team let him down that year. Rose's team isn't letting him down...they've played good enough. Rose has let them down when they needed him most. They were in position to win every game this season, he didn't do what it took.

You can't compare Rose's playoffs to LeBron's (sans a few of his early years maybe) because LeBron actually played well, Rose hasn't really.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 02:17 PM

apperently quite perfect.

cuz having arguably the best bench and a pretty solid all around supporting cast isnt enough

oh yea and add the leauges best defense

ManRam
05-25-2011, 02:18 PM

They needed offense. With him, they're the best defensive team in the league...without him, their offense would be in the bottom third of the league probably.

Just like SG...they can sacrifice Bogans and Brewer's elite defense for an offensive-minded player, even if he is a liability on defense. They need offense. With Thibs, their defense will never be a problem,

Witness06
05-25-2011, 02:21 PM
What I dont get here is why no one seems to see that the D. Rose Bulls are the Lebron Cavs....
You have a team with great team defense and the MVP. Best record in the league, top defensive team......JUST LIKE THE CAVS WERE WITH LEBRON. Thibbs is a great defensive coach from a winning club .....JUST LIKE MIKE BROWN

The Bulls against Miami are running up against the big 3 just like the CAVS did against boston.
Rose is not as complete a player as Lebron and in comparison hes a little guy. He is tired, the Mental, Physical, and emotional strain of carrying a team by yourself is just unfair. GIVE ROSE a break......GET HIM SOME HELP.....BOOSER IS NOT IT.

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 02:21 PM
apperently quite perfect.

cuz having arguably the best bench and a pretty solid all around supporting cast isnt enough

2 out of 5 guys in their starting lineup can't score. That, going against Lebron, Wade, and Bosh is not going to get it done. EVEN if Rose somehow morped into Lebron James. Still won't get it done.

Chronz
05-25-2011, 02:24 PM
lets just say having 2 out of 5 guys on the floor who can't score is a problem for anyone, including Lebron.

Rose doesn't WANT to take 28 shots a game. He would LOVE to take 18 shots a game and win.

HMM Ive seen Bron tear it up with Eric Snow and Larry Hughes as his backcourt, with Gooden and AV getting heavy minutes. Ive seen Wade completely demolish teams with nobody around him, then theres Tmac who made destroying defenses with no help look routine. So again I ask, just how perfect would the team have to be for Rose to thrive.

The point Im trying to make is that its all BS, look at Wade in this series, would you argue he doesnt have anyone to take pressure off him or that he doesnt have to score to win? Obviously net, yet hes still struggling.

Rose doesnt HAVE to take 28 shots a game if he knew how to score without dominating possessions or how to create easier baskets for others. In the future when Rose does have a great playoff run, it could be for no other reason aside from his own progression as a player. Your teammates matter but they can only do so much, you still have the focus of the defense on you.

Its why people saying Westbrook has more help or an easier time scoring is a load of BS.

RAptorsNExtYeaR
05-25-2011, 02:29 PM
I was truely dissappointed in Rose's last 2 shot attempts. Chicago really got lucky in the 4th quarter to even have 2 chances to close out as miami had all the momentum. I love drose but what was he thinking taking 2 jumpers over lebron? Take it to the hole and drawn some contact!! He was the one who stated to the refs "I didn't make it to the nba because of my jump shot" and also stated he needs to be more aggressive to the hole. But 7/23, 8/19, 8/27 in his last 3 games is just inexcusable. Prior to the game he talked about how he was going to try to take the double team off the dribble. I'm thinking why is he even getting double teamed?? miami isnt' double teaming him unless they pick and roll with boozer/noah. Why dont' they just let rose take wade or lebron one on one, put some pressure on them, get them in foul trouble etc. not make it easy by giving them the option to double team, then rose kicks it to korver/deng in the corner. I think chicago needs to re-invent their entire offense in the next 24 hrs

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 02:30 PM
2 out of 5 guys in their starting lineup can't score. That, going against Lebron, Wade, and Bosh is not going to get it done. EVEN if Rose somehow morped into Lebron James. Still won't get it done.

yea because mike bibby and joel anthony are great scorers......

2 out of 5 guys on the heat cant score either

SoxBearsBulls!
05-25-2011, 02:30 PM
This.

LeBron went through the same. He had big trouble against Spurs (Bruce Bowen) and Spur's defense. Then he had some trouble vs Artest (LeBron admitted to it as well). He learned from it and got better at it.

I remember like yesterday when Kobe was shooting air balls in the crunch time vs Jazz earlier in his career in the playoffs (before Shaq was in LA). He learned from it as well.

MJ had his own troubles vs certain teams as well but he learned from it and got even better.

Now, it's Rose's (and Durant's) turn to go through this lumps and just get better at it. This will put a BITTER taste in his mouth and make him work even harder this summer and come back with a much better 3pt shot and overall game.

1 thing I never question Rose is about his Will, Desire, Dedication and Passion for the game. He also doesn't hesitate to held himself accountable and wants to improve and be the best player on the court.

This will just make him stronger and a better player next year.

Great post, every great player goes through this and it makes them that much better, Derrick will learn from this.Christ, he's only 22 years old!

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 02:33 PM
HMM Ive seen Bron tear it up with Eric Snow and Larry Hughes as his backcourt, with Gooden and AV getting heavy minutes. Ive seen Wade completely demolish teams with nobody around him, then theres Tmac who made destroying defenses with no help look routine. So again I ask, just how perfect would the team have to be for Rose to thrive.

And Rose has had great games this year too. Any of those guys you mentioned face the 2011 Heat? And a defender like Lebron James? Let alone Rose is 6-3.

Rose doesnt HAVE to take 28 shots a game if he knew how to score without dominating possessions or how to create easier baskets for others. In the future when Rose does have a great playoff run, it could be for no other reason aside from his own progression as a player. Your teammates matter but they can only do so much, you still have the focus of the defense on you.

I'm sure the progression of a player has a lot to do with it, but talent around that player also has a lot to do with it. Not to mentioned having 7 new players on a team as well.

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
yea because mike bibby and joel anthony are great scorers......

2 out of 5 guys on the heat cant score either

The Heat also have 2 Hall of Famers in their prime and an All-star. I don't think its the same.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
The Heat also have 2 Hall of Famers in their prime and an All-star. I don't think its the same.

and the bulls have a pretty good bench and a low post option.

we can go at this all day

LOOTERX9
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Derrick ROSE continues to get locked down by lebron each 4th quater. ROSE is not as good as we all thought.

Lake_Show2416
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
he's only 22 & his 2nd option is Boozer who just yells. I actually think he overachieved with this team considering the players that surround him

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 02:41 PM

okay, do you want to trade rosters then?

SoxBearsBulls!
05-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Derrick ROSE continues to get locked down by lebron each 4th quater. ROSE is not as good as we all thought.

Yeah because LeBron sucks on defense, that's why we know Rose is a scrub.:rolleyes:

LeBron is in his prime facing a player who is still far away from his prime and has no experience this deep in the playoffs, you're a dope if you thought Rose would dominate the best player in the game today.:facepalm:

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 02:45 PM
okay, do you want to trade rosters then?

na, im cool with the team we have.

your sitting here basically making excuses why rose played so poorly and makeing excuses as to why your team isnt good enough to beat the heat in 7 games.
cuz thats your argument right? not enough next to rose for the bulls to beat the heeat? (even tho gar is sharing an award with pat for who he put arounf rose :confused:)

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 02:54 PM
na, im cool with the team we have.

your sitting here basically making excuses why rose played so poorly and makeing excuses as to why your team isnt good enough to beat the heat in 7 games.
cuz thats your argument right? not enough next to rose for the bulls to beat the heeat? (even tho gar is sharing an award with pat for who he put arounf rose :confused:)

It's been said all year. You stop Rose, you stop the Bulls. Lebron has said it, Wade has said it, everybody has said it. They don't say, if you stop Rose AND Boozer, or Rose AND Deng! This isn't something new because of last night.

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 02:55 PM

Because trying to get by or get a shot up by a guy 6 inches taller then you is SOOOO easy. Give me a break with all this 'Rose is overrated crap because he's getting shut down by LeBron.' Rose is not overrated, the only reason people say he is because the media and the ******** fans on PSD have hyped him to be the second coming of Jordan. It's ridiculous. He's 22 years old and he's hardly hit his prime. He's gonna learn how to be a point guard rather then be more of a shooting guard because he has a great work ethic and he's gonna do anything to improve his game.

People just think Rose is overrated because the Bulls fans and media are all over his nuts. If not now, in a couple of years, he is going to be the best point guard in the league and one of the top players in the league. He's just too talented and too young not to play up to his full potential. People always seem to forget that this is his third year in the league and that he's going to learn.

To answer the question, yes he's been disappointing, in fact he's the reason we lost last night. As a Bulls fan, I'm happy we even got this far in the season as we were projected to be 4th in the Eastern Conference and lose in the second round most likely. This team has overachieved and we've gotten as far as our talent and defense can take us. We've hit a wall and that wall is the Miami Heat... who are just a better team and Bulls fans need to realize that.

Okay... I'm done letting out my thoughts, haha.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 02:56 PM
theres nothing he could have done last night... he just got outplayed by the king

shep33
05-25-2011, 02:57 PM
He was really bad, and what killed me were his turnovers, and bad decision making. He also missed wide open jumpers, even the ones he missed with Lebron guarding him, he created space, but was just way off. But that's the thing, he had Lebron going backwards and didn't even try to go by him. I never understood what he was doing there, he tried to be more dramatic with the jump shot instead of playing to his strength.

That being said, he doesn't have the same caliber players that the Heat have, nobody to take pressure off of him, heck they don't even have a shooter on Chicago with the way Korver is playing.

Let's not forget that this guy is a kid, this will be good for him in the long run.

SteBO
05-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Because trying to get by or get a shot up by a guy 6 inches taller then you is SOOOO easy. Give me a break with all this 'Rose is overrated crap because he's getting shut down by LeBron.' Rose is not overrated, the only reason people say he is because the media and the ******** fans on PSD have hyped him to be the second coming of Jordan. It's ridiculous. He's 22 years old and he's hardly hit his prime. He's gonna learn how to be a point guard rather then be more of a shooting guard because he has a great work ethic and he's gonna do anything to improve his game.

People just think Rose is overrated because the Bulls fans and media are all over his nuts. If not now, in a couple of years, he is going to be the best point guard in the league and one of the top players in the league. He's just too talented and too young not to play up to his full potential. People always seem to forget that this is his third year in the league and that he's going to learn.

To answer the question, yes he's been disappointing, in fact he's the reason we lost last night. As a Bulls fan, I'm happy we even got this far in the season as we were projected to be 4th in the Eastern Conference and lose in the second round most likely. This team has overachieved and we've gotten as far as our talent and defense can take us. We've hit a wall and that wall is the Miami Heat... who are just a better team and Bulls fans need to realize that.

This is the type of honesty I want to see more often around here. Rose is 22 years old, and he's taken the Bulls farther than probably everyone on this site, outside the Chicago fanbase, predicted. Rose did very well this year, and was deserving of all the attention he got, including the MVP award.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 02:59 PM

wow... didnt think i could agree with a bulls fan so much haha... i mean really guys, the guy loses 6 inches taking on lebron... if that wasnt enough, lebron is clearly one of the best defenders in the league and has been for like 5 years. sure, d-rose didnt lead the team to victory like all the lebron bashers wanted, but that isnt his fault. its kind of like lebron the past few years in cleveland... you just cant do it all by yourself, you need help. and not just help, but elite help... i.e. lakers, spurs, celtics of the past 10 years

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 03:04 PM
I think generally people are getting it. If Lebron got help, and he's the best in the world, why can't Rose?

lakerboy
05-25-2011, 03:06 PM
If Lebron had his own team and play against D Rose's team, he would have been swept.

Lebron had Wade on his team.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 03:10 PM
If Lebron had his own team and play against D Rose's team, he would have been swept.

Lebron had Wade on his team.

you dont want to play this game....

kobe had shaq AND phil

then kobe had pau and phil

its been well documented in the nba's history my friend... you cannot do it alone. jordan had pippen, duncan had ginobli and parker, boston had the big three... shaq had kobe (see what i did there :p)... its a cycle that cannot be broken... except for wade in '06

Floridag8tr
05-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Rose is not the problem..... He is the leagues MVP and well deserved..... He needs help especially against the Heat.... Its why Lebron went to Miami.....

lakerboy
05-25-2011, 03:11 PM

Both of your superstars teamed up because they could not do what Rose tried to do. This year, Rose has made it farther than Lebron and Wade ever did trying alone, except that year with Shaq.

swirl54
05-25-2011, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Greetard;18017291]Listen I'm not a big D. Rose fan, I think he's the most overrated player of the past decade, I don't think he deserved MVP and I don't think he's close to CP's or Deron's level.
/QUOTE]

This is hating at its finest. and you even ask for people not to hate you sir FAIL.

TheHighLife
05-25-2011, 03:14 PM
He just needs to work on his jumpers.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 03:14 PM
I think generally people are getting it. If Lebron got help, and he's the best in the world, why can't Rose?

so Rose had no help in winning 62 games and earning the 1 seed? or in beating ATL or Indiana?

i admit he can use a SG but man the bulls are a pretty damn good team with what they have.
get a SG, bulls have zero reason not to win a ring. i think they showed lastnight that the heat arent THAT much better than they are

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Both of your superstars teamed up because they could not do what Rose tried to do. This year, Rose has made it farther than Lebron and Wade ever did trying alone, except that year with Shaq.

Incorrect... Rose has never been to the finals... Lebron went there ALL BY HIMSELF... and yeah, wade had shaq, but a MUCH MUCH MUCH different shaq than kobe had...

99: 30 ppg 12 rpg
00: 30 ppg 15 rpg
01: 28 ppg 15 rpg

06: 18 ppg 10 rpg

i mean... i understand being a homer to a certain extent but COME ON MAN!!! you're lying to yourself

swirl54
05-25-2011, 03:16 PM

Says the guy with a Sanchez sig LOL. No he didn't disappoint me he has been out of this world all year LeBron just shut him down and no one else hit shots.

mikealike305

i dont think Wades cast last year, or lebrons cast last year, compares to what rose has this year.

Dallas Tx4Life
so Rose had no help in winning 62 games and earning the 1 seed? or in beating ATL or Indiana?

i admit he can use a SG but man the bulls are a pretty damn good team with what they have.
get a SG, bulls have zero reason not to win a ring. i think they showed lastnight that the heat arent THAT much better than they are

they are definitely a MUCH better team than lebron had in cleveland... and LEBRON STILL GOT FARTHER... i see people mentioning hating at its finest, to say rose is better than lebron is pure hatred and stupidity at its finest as well

justinnum1
05-25-2011, 03:21 PM

:facepalm:

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM

Haha I actually do agree with you as he deserves a good ole'... :facepalm:

northsider
05-25-2011, 03:24 PM

Bingo.

I really think people are somehow watching theses games and only looking at the end results.

People are failing to realize that every game we have played could have gone either way. We are running with a great Miami team and the difference is coming down to who makes the bigger shot. The Heat are doing to us what we did to them in the regular season and that is finding a way to make a shot that separates and deflates the other team. The magic number IMO has been 3pts. The first one came in game 2 when Lebron hit a big 3 when we were tied and then last night the same thing once it was a 3 pt game it was too much seeing as both defenses were playing so good.

Was Rose disappointing last night yeah and to be honest he has been less then stellar in all 3 loses but, all that does is solidify how ****ing important he actually is to this team. We have gotten pretty good games out of other guys yet Rose struggles and this team looks lost and loses.

At 22 years old and allot of time I can only be disappointed for so long knowing that we finally got another super star on this Bulls team something it has been lacking since MJ.

JordansBulls
05-25-2011, 03:24 PM

One that has another star on it.

Lake_Show2416
05-25-2011, 03:25 PM

kobe had shaq AND phil

its been well documented in the nba's history my friend... you cannot do it alone. jordan had pippen, duncan had ginobli and parker, boston had the big three... shaq had kobe (see what i did there :p)... its a cycle that cannot be broken... except for wade in '06

I agree with u on Kobe & Shaq but really Phil? He's a great coach but at the end of the day he wasn't the 1 knocking the shots down & Pau isn't a superstar like Wade, Kobe, Shaq & Lebron

ppl need to stop discrediting Shaq in the '06 Finals, he was leaving his prime but still playing at a very high level. To say Wade won it on his own is a flat out joke

tbomlad
05-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Rose is one of the 4 best player in this Series, but the best 2, and the 4th play for the other team. He'll be back as will OKC.

If the Bulls keep this same team next year Rose will not be back (ECF). Rose needs a superstar to play with otherwise this team will come back down to reality next year. They way overachieved this year, it was one of those special seasons where things always seem to go your way. It will not be that way next year for the Bulls.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree with u on Kobe & Shaq but really Phil? He's a great coach but at the end of the day he wasn't the 1 knocking the shots down & Pau isn't a superstar like Wade, Kobe, Shaq & Lebron

agreed that he isnt on the level of those 4, but he was right after it... sure, he stunk it up this playoffs, but in the two yall took the past two years, he was the second most dominant big man (other than dwight) out there and its undeniable... and then to have the rest of the cast, not to mention possibly the best sixth man ive seen in my 23 years of existence in lamar odom... and no, phil didnt make the shots but theres a big difference between phil jackson and erik spoelstra... hell, theres a big difference between tom t and spo!!!!

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 03:31 PM
If the Bulls keep this same team next year Rose will not be back (ECF). Rose needs a superstar to play with otherwise this team will come back down to reality next year. They way overachieved this year, it was one of those special seasons where things always seem to go your way. It will not be that way next year for the Bulls.

EXACTLY... thats the same thing i was saying last year when the cavs lost to the celtics... the cavs had the best player in lebron but the next best 6 or 7 players were on the other team... theres only so much one man can do

313forLife
05-25-2011, 03:32 PM
DRose is terribly over-rated. He shows up and tears up garbage teams, but when it comes to the top teams in the Nba. He shoots 30% and looks terrible, turns the ball over like crazy. He chokes.

That being said, he is 22 years old. He didn't deserve the Mvp this season, people are jumping on him way too quick. He has nothing but room to improve, but he is not near as good as he is made out to be.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 03:32 PM
ppl need to stop discrediting Shaq in the '06 Finals, he was leaving his prime but still playing at a very high level. To say Wade won it on his own is a flat out joke

after re-reading my post i do realize that i didnt give shaq enough credit but 30 and 15 is much different than 18 and 10... wade wasnt alone, but he didnt have the old shaq like kobe did

northsider
05-25-2011, 03:33 PM

This defense was no fluke and isn't something that will just vanish over night. This team is very capable of doing the same thing it did this year. If we can add another shooter who can create his own shot as well as handle the ball and not dribble all the way up to his face then we become that much better. You don't just over achieve your way to 1st place. Also what seemed to go our way this year or are you just saying that cause you feel it strengthens are argument?

I understand the Heat might be a better team then us but, the margin isn't by much. I can't believe people are watching this series and not seeing that these games could of very well gone either way.

ATX
05-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Incorrect... Rose has never been to the finals... Lebron went there ALL BY HIMSELF... and yeah, wade had shaq, but a MUCH MUCH MUCH different shaq than kobe had...

99: 30 ppg 12 rpg
00: 30 ppg 15 rpg
01: 28 ppg 15 rpg

06: 18 ppg 10 rpg

i mean... i understand being a homer to a certain extent but COME ON MAN!!! you're lying to yourself

:clap:

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
You know I'm very disappointed in the refs...i wonder what goes through his mind when he attacks the basket and doesn't get the calls he should be getting. I'm sure that messes with his head. it probably kills him to see lebron go to the FT 13 times he should at least get that much. at least call it even. Heat are a good team but when the refs are on their side its even tougher.

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 03:35 PM

You realize Boozer and Noah missed like half of the season combined right? Probably more... yeah we overachieved, but if we were healthy the whole season and Boozer and Noah used the whole season to generate more chemistry, we would've had more than 62 wins... I know that for a fact. And I don't think we'll keep the same team as I believe we are going to get a shooting guard via free agency/draft/trade or whatever. I don't think we'll come back down the earth... maybe a few wins, but I believe we'll be in the 55-60 wins area next year as well, especially we get a good shooting guard.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 03:40 PM
You know I'm very disappointed in the refs...i wonder what goes through his mind when he attacks the basket and doesn't get the calls he should be getting. I'm sure that messes with his head. it probably kills him to see lebron go to the FT 13 times he should at least get that much. at least call it even. Heat are a good team but when the refs are on their side its even tougher.

omg u GOT to be kidding me.
this again? the blame (the refs) game again?

Tanakid777
05-25-2011, 03:42 PM
This defense was no fluke and isn't something that will just vanish over night. This team is very capable of doing the same thing it did this year. If we can add another shooter who can create his own shot as well as handle the ball and not dribble all the way up to his face then we become that much better. You don't just over achieve your way to 1st place. Also what seemed to go our way this year or are you just saying that cause you feel it strengthens are argument?

I understand the Heat might be a better team then us but, the margin isn't by much. I can't believe people are watching this series and not seeing that these games could of very well gone either way.

I'd like to see Marcus Thornton on Chicago

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
omg u GOT to be kidding me.
this again? the blame (the refs) game again?

Just ignore it, man. Most Bulls fans are going to blame the refs fully on why we lost even though the main reason we lost was because of Rose, which people don't like to admit.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM

some calls were kind of iffy in this one but for the most part, the refs didnt screw up much last night... to say that d-rose might not be as aggressive because he sees lebron go to the line more than him really makes me wonder.. if this is true, then rose really needs to step back and take a look at himself. he even said after game 3 that he needs to be more aggressive.. to tone it down because you dont get calls would be very very mentally weak of him, and im not ready to throw him under that bus..

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I'd like to see Marcus Thornton on Chicago

screw that, imagine if they got jamal crawford... they would just need to trade korver and another big contract and it could happen... thatd be scary

313forLife
05-25-2011, 03:58 PM
screw that, imagine if they got jamal crawford... they would just need to trade korver and another big contract and it could happen... thatd be scary

Marcus Thornton would be much better in Chicago. He is 23 and Rose is 22. If they can lock both of them up they have the best backcourt in the Nba.

No one talks about Thornton, smh. He is so under-rated. Look at his numbers in Sacramento once he got the playing time he deserved.

tredigs
05-25-2011, 04:00 PM

The ironic part of this being that Lebron spent his entire career to this point where Boozer (had he stayed in Cleveland) would have been the best player he'd ever played with, and very possibly had been enough of a catalyst to win a ship.

That's not to hate on Rose, but simply to speak to how much more dominant LBJ is (and was at 22) than D. Rose is or truly ever will be.

There's no shame in that. D. Rose will be a top 10 player for years to come, might even crack the top 5 at some point.

Master Mind
05-25-2011, 04:01 PM

Derrick Rose seem to get all the calls when he drove to the basket...That is of course when he's not jacking up 3's...:shrug:

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 04:03 PM
The ironic part of this being that Lebron spent his entire career to this point where Boozer (had he stayed in Cleveland) would have been the best player he'd ever played with, and very possibly had been enough of a catalyst to win a ship.

That's not to hate on Rose, but simply to speak to how much more dominant LBJ is (and was at 22) than D. Rose is or truly ever will be.

There's no shame in that. D. Rose will be a top 10 player for years to come, might even crack the top 5 at some point.

Thank you for this post... at times people act like its blasphemy to say that lebron is much better than rose... its not a diss, its not discrediting anything that rose does, its just fact...

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:06 PM
"Anyone else disappointed in Derrick Rose's performance?"

translation

"Anyone else surprised that an over-hyped, undersized 2 playing the 1 has come down to Earth?" - No.

I'm surprised that Thibs didn't bench Roes when Rose started chucking threes as if he suddenly thought he was Reggie Miller. I wasn't surprised at all that Rose got shut down by Lebron James when it mattered most. I advocated for this when I predicted the Heat would sweep this series. If the Heat had James on Rose from game 1, Rose would be completely shut down.

He thrives on a very good first step and he's incredibly strong for the one, but he's overrated when he starts playing like the 2 he really is. And Lebron shut his *** down. Was not disappointed, this is who D-Rose is.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 04:08 PM
I wasn't surprised at all that Rose got shut down by Lebron James when it mattered most. I advocated for this when I predicted the Heat would sweep this series. If the Heat had James on Rose from game 1, Rose would be completely shut down.

I was a big advocate of this idea before the series even started but was shut down with some "rose is too quick"... with what james gives up to rose in quickness, he more than makes up for in every single other aspect

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 04:11 PM
"Anyone else disappointed in Derrick Rose's performance?"

translation

"Anyone else surprised that an over-hyped, undersized 2 playing the 1 has come down to Earth?" - No.

I'm surprised that Thibs didn't bench Roes when Rose started chucking threes as if he suddenly thought he was Reggie Miller. I wasn't surprised at all that Rose got shut down by Lebron James when it mattered most. I advocated for this when I predicted the Heat would sweep this series. If the Heat had James on Rose from game 1, Rose would be completely shut down.

He thrives on a very good first step and he's incredibly strong for the one, but he's overrated when he starts playing like the 2 he really is. And Lebron shut his *** down. Was not disappointed, this is who D-Rose is.

Um... are you forgetting Lebron is one of the best defenders in the NBA and he is also 6 inches taller then Derrick Rose? Ever think of that, smart guy before going out and saying LeBron shut his *** down? It's people like you that give me evidence PSD is full of dumbasses that don't know the game of basketball or how simple it is to see that LeBron can shut down most likely anyone, at any position, at any time.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Um... are you forgetting Lebron is one of the best defenders in the NBA and he is also 6 inches taller then Derrick Rose? Ever think of that, smart guy before going out and saying LeBron shut his *** down? It's people like you that give me evidence PSD is full of dumbasses that don't know the game of basketball or how simple it is to see that LeBron can shut down most likely anyone, at any position, at any time.

but... he did shut his *** down... you cant get mad at a guy for stating the obvious... and sure, he's 6 inches taller... should we discredit lebron for that then?!?!!? you act like its unfair to rose or something... allen iverson schooled players 6+ inches taller than him his whole career.. that excuse wont work... how bout wade vs deng??? deng has 5 inches on him, but wade sure managed to toss deng's shot like it was nothing...

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Allen Iverson, an undersized 2, made a living ******** on people 6+ inches taller than him. Stop making excuses. It's unfair for a PG to guard a 6'3 Derrick Rose. He's significantly stronger and has significantly longer reach and a very good first step. Of course he can get off a jumpshot at will.

I'd put Wade on Rose and I bet Wade shuts him down too, or at least contains him. Rose has feasted on crappy PG guarding him the entire playoffs.

Lebron James shut Rose's over-hyped, overrated *** down. Deal with it.

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 04:20 PM
but... he did shut his *** down... you cant get mad at a guy for stating the obvious... and sure, he's 6 inches taller... should we discredit lebron for that then?!?!!? you act like its unfair to rose or something... allen iverson schooled players 6+ inches taller than him his whole career.. that excuse wont work... how bout wade vs deng??? deng has 5 inches on him, but wade sure managed to toss deng's shot like it was nothing...

Okay... whatever you people wanna think. Even Rose admitted it's tough to shoot over a guy several inches taller then him, but you're right... I'm not to discredit LeBron for having super-freak athlesticism and can actually stay with Rose, but it's pretty easy to shut him down when your taller, stronger and almost quicker then you.

KINGBAIZE
05-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Considering he's the MVP, and we're playing the Heat who have 2 of the best players in the world on the same team.......along with C. Bosh, and they have to double our teams free throw attempts to win in overtime.... I say he's doing a helluva job. Especially when the refs are ignoring 65% of his fouls.

It's amazing that the refs can even ignore these fouls.... he's arguably the best finisher in the NBA, and now all of a sudden he's just missing layups?:rolleyes:

GTFOH. These refs know exactly what they are doing.

Dallas Tx4Life
okay... Whatever you people wanna think. Even rose admitted it's tough to shoot over a guy several inches taller then him, but you're right... I'm not to discredit lebron for having super-freak athlesticism and can actually stay with rose, but it's pretty easy to shut him down when your taller, stronger and almost quicker then you.

what do you mean you people?!?!?!

MelkyNYY

What this guy said. I'm sick and tired of Derrick Rose's fanclub making excuses for him. When he dominates undersized and slower point guards as a 6'3 shooting guard, no one points out the size and strength advantage. (And yes Bulls fans, he's a 2. He turns the ball over way too much and chucks up way too many shots to be a PG, get over it).

CampShocker
05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
No question, the REAL MVP showed up in this series.. The final two minutes of Rose vs one-on-one with LeBron proved the KING should have won his 3rd MVP

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Okay... whatever you people wanna think. Even Rose admitted it's tough to shoot over a guy several inches taller then him, but you're right... I'm not to discredit LeBron for having super-freak athlesticism and can actually stay with Rose, but it's pretty easy to shut him down when your taller, stronger and almost quicker then you.

ROSE DOESN'T NEED TO ADMIT THAT IT'S TOUGH TO SHOOT OVER A GUY SEVERAL INCHES TALLER THAN HIM. It's common ****ING sense dude. The point is you can't feast on smaller competition, and then ***** when someone bigger than you guards you.

That's what happens when you play the 2/3. Bigger and equally athletic monsters guard you. I wish Rose played the 2. He wouldn't even crack the top 10. I'd rather have Monta Ellis.

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Considering he's the MVP, and we're playing the Heat who have 2 of the best players in the world on the same team.......along with C. Bosh, and they have to double our teams free throw attempts to win in overtime.... I say he's doing a helluva job. Especially when the refs are ignoring 65% of his fouls.

It's amazing that the refs can even ignore these fouls.... he's arguably the best finisher in the NBA, and now all of a sudden he's just missing layups?:rolleyes:

GTFOH. These refs know exactly what they are doing.

The refs forced the greatest player of all-time to chuck threes all night and miss said threes?

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Allen Iverson, an undersized 2, made a living ******** on people 6+ inches taller than him. Stop making excuses. It's unfair for a PG to guard a 6'3 Derrick Rose. He's significantly stronger and has significantly longer reach and a very good first step. Of course he can get off a jumpshot at will.

I'd put Wade on Rose and I bet Wade shuts him down too, or at least contains him. Rose has feasted on crappy PG guarding him the entire playoffs.

Lebron James shut Rose's over-hyped, overrated *** down. Deal with it.

lol great post, very much like mine.... if wade can guard and block luol deng, i think he could guard rose pretty well and block quite a few of his shots...

for real tho DROSE4MVP, you gotta realize how flawed your opinion is here... you really are trying to make it seem like its cheating to put lebron on rose... you are allowed to put who you want on whoever you want... lebron is so much more of a point guard than derrick rose will ever be

BHF
05-25-2011, 04:25 PM
yes he is over rated not only do you compare him to dwill, cp3 and d12 some of you think he is a better player

nycericanguy
05-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Its disappointing to me mainly because he came out and said he was going to "take oveR" before the game, only to come out and shoot 8 for 27 and 1 for 9 from three. If you're going to make bold statements like that it looks really bad when you can't back it up.

ManRam
05-25-2011, 04:28 PM

Pretty easy to shut down Rose? Really? I don't agree. Sure, it's easier if your taller and stronger, but how many guys are taller and stronger, as well as equally quick? Not many. What other 6-8 player could stay with Rose? I haven't seen one all year.

And again, it's funny that people act like getting by because of athleticism is a bad thing. LeBron is an athletic freak, and getting by because of that, and maybe not entirely because of pure skill, isn't a bad thing at all.

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:28 PM
yes he is over rated not only do you compare him to dwill, cp3 and d12 some of you think he is a better player

This x100. All of you people who ever thought for a second that D-Rose is a top 10 player are dumb. But any of you who actually entertained the notion that Rose could be better than D-Will, CP3, and D12 are beyond moronic.

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Pretty easy to shut down Rose? Really? I don't agree. Sure, it's easier if your taller and stronger, but how many guys are taller and stronger, as well as equally quick? Not many. What other 6-8 player could stay with Rose? I haven't seen one all year.

And again, it's funny that people act like getting by because of athleticism is a bad thing. LeBron is an athletic freak, and getting by because of that, and maybe not entirely because of pure skill*, isn't a bad thing at all.

Lebron did just fine last night.

*Are you implying that Lebron is on steroids? Have you really resorted to that? Are you ****ing kidding me? WOW.

jp611
05-25-2011, 04:30 PM
It is what it is... Lebron James is probably the best defender in the entire league and Rose probably can't do this on his own, Bulls have a good supporting cast, but they just need someone who can create offense on their own... We really need a SG who can create his own offense this offseason and that will help Rose tremendously

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
It is what it is... Lebron James is probably the best defender in the entire league and Rose probably can't do this on his own, Bulls have a good supporting cast, but they just need someone who can create offense on their own... We really need a SG who can create his own offense this offseason and that will help Rose tremendously

No. You need a PG.

dtmagnet
05-25-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm not a Bulls fan so I don't really care.

jp611
No question, the REAL MVP showed up in this series.. The final two minutes of Rose vs one-on-one with LeBron proved the KING should have won his 3rd MVP

Ignorance... so since Lebron was ousted in the last 2 years, he shouldnt get those MVP trophies right?

jp611
No. You need a PG.

No, we don't, we need a SG who can create his own shot... Don't even start with this dumb ****... I'll prove to you that Rose is a good PG

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:38 PM
No, we don't, we need a SG who can create his own shot... Don't even start with this dumb ****... I'll prove to you that Rose is a good PG

Rose isn't a PG. Sorry. Turns the ball over too much, shoots too much, and makes too many stupid passes.

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 04:38 PM
No. You need a PG.

Wow... unreal. Pure hater, man. That is what you are... a hater. The Bulls need a point guard? Really? We got one... and his name is Derrick Rose. He may be built like a shooting guard, but his *** plays like a point guard and guess what... he's 22 years old and he's gonna learn and improve. He averaged 8 assists this year and he's not a point guard? I've never heard that one before. Stop your hating because it's so ****ing obvious now.

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow... unreal. Pure hater, man. That is what you are... a hater. The Bulls need a point guard? Really? We got one... and his name is Derrick Rose. He may be built like a shooting guard, but his *** plays like a point guard and guess what... he's 22 years old and he's gonna learn and improve. Stop your hating because it's so ****ing obvious now.

how many point guards shoot 1-9 from 3pt range?

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Rose isn't a PG. Sorry. Turns the ball over too much, shoots too much, and makes too many stupid passes.

That's what happens when no one else on the floor can create their own shot. Shocking, i know.

MFFL==FML
05-25-2011, 04:41 PM

kobe had shaq AND phil

No, Wade had Refs and Shaq.

jp611
05-25-2011, 04:42 PM
OK, Melky, prove your ignorance with stats

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:43 PM
That's what happens when no one else on the floor can create their own shot. Shocking, i know.

He's supposed to be a point guard. D-Will had no problem helping Boozer create his shots in Utah. That's right, he's a shoot first 2 guard who plays the 1 because he's fast and undersized for the 2.

JasonJohnHorn
05-25-2011, 04:43 PM
He's stuggling a bit from the field. But that's not the biggest reason this team is down 3-1. their defence isnt showing up the way it was.

I'd like to see Krover get more minutes, because I think he helps to spread the floor and can make defenders pay for leaving him open.

But lets face it. Deng and Boozer are solid second and third options, but they do need a fourth person on the floor to score. You can get away with Noah working the glass and bustin out defence. But you need somebody out there for 48 minutes that will make people pay from the arc.

And Rose needs to TRUST his teammates. That will come with age. He is a score first point guard right now, and when he learns to maintain that socring edge while still being able to create for others, the way that Thomas did for the Pistons (though the two are VERY different players). I believe this will come to him, but lets face it, dude is 22. This is his first deep playoff run. Its not like he's Magic Johnson and got drafted by the team with the best center in the leauge in Kareem. Or that he's Tim Duncan and got drafted by the team with arguably the best center in the league (Robinson), or that he is Kobe, and got drafted by the team with arguably the best center in the league.

The dude got drafted by a lottery team. He's turned them into a contender. He's struggling from the field a little, but these things happen. He's been amazing throughout the playoffs, he's playing against a VERY talented team that can throw a couple different defenders at him, and he's learning how to respond.

The dude has already won as many playoff series as T-Mac and Melo combined! He's already an MVP. He's great. This next game will test his mettle, but regardless, he's come a LONG way this season.

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
No, Wade had Refs and Shaq.

shaq only had 1 game that whole plays offs of 32 points....

he was mad inconsistent...

i would have rather you say Alonzo Mourning.... He was clutch

jp611
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
LOL Rose has a 38.7 AST% and a 13.1 TOV%, Chris Paul in comparison has a 13.5 TOV%

jp611
05-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Rose isnt a PG though, even though his stats put him up there as one of the best in the game

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 04:46 PM
He's supposed to be a point guard. D-Will had no problem helping Boozer create his shots in Utah. That's right, he's a shoot first 2 guard who plays the 1 because he's fast and undersized for the 2.

D-Will was never double-teamed nor guarded by Lebron James. Do you watch games?

jp611
05-25-2011, 04:47 PM
D-Will's TOV% is 16.6, Oh God Rose turns the ball over SOOO much, better move him over to the 2 guard

DROSE4MVP
how many point guards shoot 1-9 from 3pt range?

So that's statement to back up why Rose isn't a point guard? Because he shoots too many three's? Just like D-Will and Paul have had to the last three-four years, Rose has to do everything for the Bulls... being the main scorer, being the main distributor, being the leader of this team. He averaged 25 and 8, man... Williams and Paul haven't even sniffed 25 points a game. Wait till Rose actually gets a decent shooting guard who he can trust to pass it to... his assists will sky-rocket and his scoring will still be near 24-25 PPG. 22 years old and hasn't even hit his potential... you'll be eating these words in the next couple of years, man.

Raph12
So much for taking over the game...

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:48 PM
OK, Melky, prove your ignorance with stats

What? K!

Of all of the eligible guards in the NBA, Chris Paul had the best Assist/TO Ratio in the NBA (4.42). Rose is 58th in the league (2.24) right in front of TJ ****ing Ford.

m26555
05-25-2011, 04:48 PM
shaq only had 1 game that whole plays offs of 32 points....

he was mad inconsistent...

i would have rather you say Alonzo Mourning.... He was clutch
:laugh2:

Oh boy...

Are you one of these people who seriously believes that Wade didn't benefit A LOT from having Shaq in '06?

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Rose plays exactly like wade. Wade was drafted as a point guard but the miami organization realized that he was built and played like a shooting guard so they switched his position. The bulls need to realize this.

As for the 7.4 assists per game argument. wade also averaged that many in a season in 2006 and 2008. He actually averaged 7.5 which is more than rose averaged.

Westbrook averaged more assists per game than rose and shot less during the regular season and playoffs but people are saying he isnt a pg either.

Jewelz0376
05-25-2011, 04:50 PM
I love how people say Rose isn't a true pg... and by that I'm assuming they mean pass first...

The pg position is changing much like the c/pf position has in terms of becoming more face up players instead of back to the basket players...

Look at all the good young pgs coming in the league the last few years Rose, Wall, Westbrook, Lawson, Curry, etc.... None of those are traditional pass first pgs... The position is changing...There aren't too many Kidds and Stocktons coming along..

jp611
05-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Rose plays exactly like wade. Wade was drafted as a point guard but the miami organization realized that he was built and played like a shooting guard so they switched his position. The bulls need to realize this.

As for the 7.4 assists per game argument. wade also averaged that many in a season in 2006 and 2008. He actually averaged 7.5 which is more than rose averaged.

Westbrook averaged more assists per game than rose and shot less during the regular season and playoffs but people are saying he isnt a pg either.

No, Wade was drafted as a SG :laugh:

And yeah guys lets go with per game stats... ignorance at its finest

NetsPaint
05-25-2011, 04:52 PM
I was a little disappointed as a Rose fan, but as others pointed out, he's 22, and his third year. Last night he didn't do that bad even, even though efficiency says otherwise.

Also, his FIRST year he was a leader, along with the other players, taking the Celtics to game 7. First year!

numba1CHANGsta
05-25-2011, 04:53 PM
It has been proven once again, the regular season MVP doesnt mean a damn thing come playoff time. The last player to win the MVP and the championship was Tim Duncan back in 03. It's almost been a decade and they havent been able to get it right lmao

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:53 PM
D-Will was never double-teamed nor guarded by Lebron James. Do you watch games?

D-Will was double-teamed on a nightly basis. You're insane.

So that's statement to back up why Rose isn't a point guard? Because he shoots too many three's? Just like D-Will and Paul have had to the last three-four years, Rose has to do everything for the Bulls... being the main scorer, being the main distributor, being the leader of this team. He averaged 25 and 8, man... Williams and Paul haven't even sniffed 25 points a game. Wait till Rose actually gets a decent shooting guard who he can trust to pass it to... his assists will sky-rocket and his scoring will still be near 24-25 PPG. 22 years old and hasn't even hit his potential... you'll be eating these words in the next couple of years, man.

Jump off his nuts.

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 04:54 PM
He's stuggling a bit from the field. But that's not the biggest reason this team is down 3-1. their defence isnt showing up the way it was.

I'd like to see Krover get more minutes, because I think he helps to spread the floor and can make defenders pay for leaving him open.

But lets face it. Deng and Boozer are solid second and third options, but they do need a fourth person on the floor to score. You can get away with Noah working the glass and bustin out defence. But you need somebody out there for 48 minutes that will make people pay from the arc.

And Rose needs to TRUST his teammates. That will come with age. He is a score first point guard right now, and when he learns to maintain that socring edge while still being able to create for others, the way that Thomas did for the Pistons (though the two are VERY different players). I believe this will come to him, but lets face it, dude is 22. This is his first deep playoff run. Its not like he's Magic Johnson and got drafted by the team with the best center in the leauge in Kareem. Or that he's Tim Duncan and got drafted by the team with arguably the best center in the league (Robinson), or that he is Kobe, and got drafted by the team with arguably the best center in the league.

The dude got drafted by a lottery team. He's turned them into a contender. He's struggling from the field a little, but these things happen. He's been amazing throughout the playoffs, he's playing against a VERY talented team that can throw a couple different defenders at him, and he's learning how to respond.

The dude has already won as many playoff series as T-Mac and Melo combined! He's already an MVP. He's great. This next game will test his mettle, but regardless, he's come a LONG way this season.

wow can you crank up that excuse machine of yours more...

First you said the Defense is not playing like they have....UM there is a reason why the games have been close all the way to end of games.

Half times are almost tied or just opponent up 2.

Whole game never goes past a 9 point lead.

Then ...

well maybe yall need a shooter...

but you guys are paying NOAH, and Boozer + Deng ... and now your going to have to pay up Rose....

ya gotta wait a while before you can get any one beside vet min players.

jp611
05-25-2011, 04:56 PM

Jump off his nuts.

So is Rose... whats your point? Rose put up big stats being double teamed all year and in the playoffs, Lebron guarding him down the stretch has really hurt him, because Lebron has the length to guard him

12evolution 9
No I am not dissapointed in him... im happy for him .. he did good ... keep it up Rose.. keep doing your thing you MVP you ... :laugh: rofl

Southsideheat
Okay, so its Derrick Rose's fault that the team relies on him so much on offense. Okay guys. Do you honestly believe the kid wants to shoot 30 times a game? Really?

MelkyNYY
So is Rose... whats your point? Rose put up big stats being double teamed all year and in the playoffs, Lebron guarding him down the stretch has really hurt him, because Lebron has the length to guard him

'Of all of the eligible guards in the NBA, Chris Paul had the best Assist/TO Ratio in the NBA (4.42). Rose is 58th in the league (2.24) right in front of TJ ****ing Ford.'

:D

killbumdeluxe13
05-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Disappointed? No. Like everyone else has been saying he's only 22, and teams are clearly keying in on him like never before. He's going to have to adjust to that. However, the post season has definitely shown where he needs to improve. He's a phenomenal player but not a phenomenal point guard, and the Bulls need him to be a phenomenal point guard. Look at the game 1 victory they had. Rose only took 18 shots but had 12 assists and the Bulls owned. Those are the types of games he needs to have consistently, not the 25+ field goals a game hes been shooting since then. When he can set everyone else up that makes him that much more dangerous and will open the floor for him. A lot of the hate has been put on Boozer, and while I'm not very impressed with his play this post season, I think Rose is trying to do way too much and not looking to set up him teammates enough. Bulls have more weapons than MIA, they just haven't been using them effectively, which I feel falls primarily on Rose.

MelkyNYY
Okay, so its Derrick Rose's fault that the team relies on him so much on offense. Okay guys. Do you honestly believe the kid wants to shoot 30 times a game? Really?

he has people who can score around him. Deron Williams never had a problem finding offense. The jazz just couldn't play defense.

DROSE4MVP

Jump off his nuts.

It's called truth, buddy... learn to love it.

jp611
05-25-2011, 04:58 PM
'Of all of the eligible guards in the NBA, Chris Paul had the best Assist/TO Ratio in the NBA (4.42). Rose is 58th in the league (2.24) right in front of TJ ****ing Ford.'

:D

Rose has a better TOV% than Chris Paul, I trust advanced stats more

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 05:00 PM
No, Wade was drafted as a SG :laugh:

And yeah guys lets go with per game stats... ignorance at its finest

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/draft2003_index.html

The Miami HEAT selected 64, 210-pound guard Dwyane Wade from Marquette University with the fifth pick of the 2003 NBA Draft.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHA wrong again buddy. sorry you dont know anything. its ok to be a homer bulls fan but at least know your ****:facepalm:

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 05:01 PM

i hate how you bull fans say what he has been doing all year... when the truth is ... MOST OF THE GAMES HE PLAYED THIS YEAR WERE CRAPPY TEAMS...

Playoffs bring out the TRUTH IN PLAYERs.. Rose struggled against Collison from the Pacers and Teague from the Hawks....

btw ya'll see that Block on rose from WADE.... SOO NASTYYYYYY... prob asking which one... **** both of them .. but the one where Rose blew by lebron and Wade blocked his *** under the basket... you can even see Wades feet kicking in the air lol . then the hustle from lebron & UD to get that ball ....

Gotta love it ....

jp611
05-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Nothing in their says he was drafted as a point guard... it says 210-POUND guard

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Nothing in their says he was drafted as a point guard... it says 210-POUND guard

Are you that much of a homer. IT SAYS POINT GUARD RIGHT THERE.

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 05:03 PM
he has people who can score around him. Deron Williams never had a problem finding offense. The jazz just couldn't play defense.

and you think that those two things don't correlate? I need to understand the game more.

jp611
05-25-2011, 05:04 PM
i hate how you bull fans say what he has been doing all year... when the truth is ... MOST OF THE GAMES HE PLAYED THIS YEAR WERE CRAPPY TEAMS...

Playoffs bring out the TRUTH IN PLAYERs.. Rose struggled against Collison from the Pacers and Teague from the Hawks....

btw ya'll see that Block on rose from WADE.... SOO NASTYYYYYY... prob asking which one... **** both of them .. but the one where Rose blew by lebron and Wade blocked his *** under the basket... you can even see Wades feet kicking in the air lol . then the hustle from lebron & UD to get that ball ....

Gotta love it ....

Rose's numbers went up in the playoffs

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 05:05 PM

Open your eyes... it says POUND. Not POINT.

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 05:05 PM

Gotta love it ....

No wonder SteBo hates his own fanbase...

jp611
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM

I'm not being a homer... where the **** does it say point guard?

KnicksR4Real
hes young

MelkyNYY
http://www.nba.com/heat/photogallery/hpg0405_draftparty.html

"Heat Point Guard Dwayne Wade" at Draft Party.

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm not being a homer... where the **** does it say point guard?

he edited it.

jp611
05-25-2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.nba.com/heat/photogallery/hpg0405_draftparty.html

"Heat Point Guard Dwayne Wade" at Draft Party.

Gets his facts from a photo gallery :laugh:

TheRunKiller
Bulls still need to get a SG in the offseason to take the pressure off rose in series like these. 1 player away from beating Miami.

12evolution 9
Rose has a better TOV% than Chris Paul, I trust advanced stats more

Rose is a scoring pg.
CP3 is a true pg.

NUFF SAID...

benzni
05-25-2011, 05:09 PM

you should read over your post before you submit it. People might get the wrong impression. :o

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Bulls still need to get a SG in the offseason to take the pressure off rose in series like these. 1 player away from beating Miami.

Bulls need a PG.

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 05:10 PM
dwyane wade's 2008 season against roses mvp season is no contest.

wade had a higher assist percentage. 40.3 : 38
wade averaged more assists
wade had a lower turnover 11.6 : 13
wade had a higher offensive rating 36 : 32
more win shares
wade had a better rbound precentage

so wade was better in every single advanced and per game stat as a SHOOTING GUARD.

wade was drafted as a pg as well and rose should be switched.

rose had a lower assist% than wade who is a shooting guard.
less assists
more tunrovers

just because rose position says pg does not mean he is one. he is the same as dwyane wade

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 05:11 PM

more like years away... This Heat team is gonna be lil different too next season...

we will have a true center... even though we might finish games with the lineup were finishing with right now...

... ya this POSTSEASON ya might be that 1 player away... maybe...... but you cant pick up that SG now and you wont even be able to get a very talented one cause of the money your dishing out to Noah/Boozer/Deng .. and now Rose.

DROSE4MVP
Rose is a scoring pg.
CP3 is a true pg.

NUFF SAID...

Rose is also 22 years old and only in his third year. He'll learn to pass the ball more while scoring more efficiently while he gets older and smarter.

jp611
Bulls need a PG.

Dumb, prove how Rose isnt a good PG... just prove it, you've used one flawed stat

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Bulls need a PG.

naw if they had a SG like smith mayo or richardson Bulls would have a much better chance of beating miami. they just don't have enough fire power.

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 05:13 PM
more like years away... This Heat team is gonna be lil different too next season...

we will have a true center... even though we might finish games with the lineup were finishing with right now...

... ya this POSTSEASON ya might be that 1 player away... maybe...... but you cant pick up that SG now and you wont even be able to get a very talented one cause of the money your dishing out to Noah/Boozer/Deng .. and now Rose.

Who the hell would Miami get as a true C? they don't have enough cap space for much else. unless they trade chris bosh.

killbumdeluxe13
05-25-2011, 05:15 PM

Ya thats why the Bulls had either the best or one of the best records against teams above .500. Clearly they only beat crappy teams:facepalm:

jp611
05-25-2011, 05:16 PM
LOL @ how the Heat will be able to add players even though they have no cap space, but the Bulls won't be able to and they do have cap space, plus draft picks to trade :laugh2:

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 05:19 PM
dwyane wade's 2008 season against roses mvp season is no contest.

wade had a higher assist percentage. 40.3 : 38
wade averaged more assists
wade had a lower turnover 11.6 : 13
wade had a higher offensive rating 36 : 32
more win shares
wade had a better rbound precentage

so wade was better in every single advanced and per game stat as a SHOOTING GUARD.

wade was drafted as a pg as well and rose should be switched.

rose had a lower assist% than wade who is a shooting guard.
less assists
more tunrovers

just because rose position says pg does not mean he is one. he is the same as dwyane wade

only reason why Rose needs to play the PG position .. is cause he is like 6'1 lol really 6'3

JordansBulls
05-25-2011, 05:21 PM

If we had 2008 Tmac we would have won this already.

jp611
05-25-2011, 05:23 PM

Oh JB, you're the best

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 05:23 PM
lol @ heat fans saying the Bulls are years away from beating miami :laugh2:

jp611
05-25-2011, 05:25 PM
God this is just silly stuff

SeoulBeatz
05-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Well, I was watchin the game with my friends and when the 4th quarter came around I said "D rose is about to take this **** over!"

....but it didn't quite work out that way.

He looked like a mess last night and he was just coughing the ball up like it was nothing.

I see some flashes of brilliance in him, but to those who think he's as good as A.I was in his prime right now, need a wake up call or are too young to remember.

But he's only 22, so he will obviously grow from this, but the end of lasts nights game was brutal to watch. But I ain't hating, I think he has the potential to be as good if not better (if he wins a chip) than A.I.

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 05:28 PM
come on now people Lebron has been disappointing for the last 5 years...finally he's doing something because he has 2 good teammates but theres still time for lebron to choke like always.

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 05:30 PM
come on now people Lebron has been disappointing for the last 5 years...finally he's doing something because he has 2 good teammates but theres still time for lebron to choke like always.

lebron never played badly in the post season. his team does.

rose is actually horrendous

jp611
05-25-2011, 05:33 PM

Roses numbers actually are better in the postseason than they are in the regular season, nice try though

jp611
05-25-2011, 05:34 PM
LOL... these heat fans prove their ignorance with each and every thread... gotta love their claims that are far from the truth

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 05:35 PM

so what if he had good numbers in the post season? he never did **** in cleveland.

CowboysKB24
05-25-2011, 05:35 PM

Rose isn't overrated. LBJ is playing great defense on him. He has no other consistent scorer on his team. He needs another to take off all the double teams. The Heat really just have to shut down Derrick Rose because of how limited their offense is. Bulls need to play outstanding outstanding defense and some one needs to step it up off the bench and starters.

Kenny
05-25-2011, 05:36 PM

check lebrons 2009 playoffs. You can't play better then Lebron did. The guy lost in game he went 20-30 for 49 pts.

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 05:37 PM
check lebrons 2009 playoffs. You can't play better then Lebron did. The guy lost in game he went 20-30 for 49 pts.

who cares?

Tony_Starks
05-25-2011, 05:39 PM

Great defense? :shrug:

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Roses numbers actually are better in the postseason than they are in the regular season, nice try though

rose is taking 3 more shots per game in the playoffs and averaging just 2 more points.

his fg% is 40 points lower

rose has a lower ***/to ration in the playoffs

his offensive rating is lower

he has less win shares per 48

BUT YEA....he is playing better in the playoffs. HAHAHA he is ****ing atrocious. and not a pg

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 05:41 PM
so what if he had good numbers in the post season? he never did **** in cleveland.

and rose has not and will not do **** in chicago even with a better team now than lebron EVER had until this year.

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 05:42 PM
and rose has not and will not do **** in chicago even with a better team now than lebron EVER had until this year.

really? he's 22

SteveNash
05-25-2011, 05:44 PM
He's 22, the only argument left.

northsider
05-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Good **** Mods let another thread that has run its course and become a few idiots bashing each other and players and offering nothing of value to this forum. Once again a big reason this forum is the biggest joke on here.

I understand you guys do your best but, honestly with the maturity level on here you should almost treat people on here like kids and not allow threads like this to even be started.

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 05:46 PM
really? he's 22

lebron took a team of scrubs to the finals at the age of 22. so dont put down lebron when he has done stuff that rose has not and will not ever do.

DR_1
05-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Are you kidding me? He didn't play bad. Look at all the stuff MJ went through.

JordansBulls
05-25-2011, 05:52 PM

Oh JB, you're the best

How is this funny?:)

JordansBulls
05-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Are you kidding me? He didn't play bad. Look at all the stuff MJ went through.

Better comparison is to Isiah Thomas and how it took him awhile but he eventually won as the team leader. Rose's stats won't approach MJ level's so you have to compare him to someone his size and whose numbers he will reach.
Another example is maybe Gary Payton who with the best record a few times fell short.

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 05:55 PM
lebron took a team of scrubs to the finals at the age of 22. so dont put down lebron when he has done stuff that rose has not and will not ever do.

saying a 22 year old superstar won't ever win anything in chicago that's pretty dumb. what does going to the finals mean if he doesn't win it? what exactly has lebron done that rose hasn't?

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 05:58 PM
saying a 22 year old superstar won't ever win anything in chicago that's pretty dumb. what does going to the finals mean if he doesn't win it? what exactly has lebron done that rose hasn't?

went to the finals
won 2 MVP's back to back
played efficiently
shot over 50% in a season
won 60 games in back to back seasons
trusted his teammates
hit a game winner in the playoffs

i can go on and one.

there are so many things that lebron has done that rose has not

Underrated Wade
05-25-2011, 05:58 PM
im not a rose fan and in fact im a wade fan so i like it when rose struggles against the heat but 33% would be very disappointing for bulls fans. i mean bulls even had the best record in the nba and hes also the MVP. i dont like him or hate him, but i feel ur disappointment bulls fans

redwhitenblue
05-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Lebron shot 41.6% in that playoff run. Carried them is a bit questionable. In fact his passing was much better than his shooting that postseason.

northsider
05-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Lebron shot 41.6% in that playoff run. Carried them is a bit questionable. In fact his passing was much better than his shooting that postseason.

Don't even bother man you truly are wasting your time.

redwhitenblue
05-25-2011, 06:02 PM
went to the finals
won 2 MVP's back to back
played efficiently
trusted his teammates

i can go on and one.

Lebron didn't do all those things at Rose's age. Rose won the MVP younger, Rose could still win 60 games in back to back years, Rose clearly trusts his teammates when he's tried to get them all involved up until the point they all started failling. They play different positions, so the FG% is a dumbass argument.

And although you missed it, Rose did hit a game winner against Indy, drove to the hoop for a layup to win it.

I'm not saying Rose>Lebron at all, but don't be a moron when you try to make an argument.

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 06:03 PM

carried them TO the finals. he struggled against the spurs so his % dropped. passing is also part of taking over. cp3 takes over games all the time without scoring and that still counts as carrying team. something rose needs to learn

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 06:05 PM
went to the finals
won 2 MVP's back to back
played efficiently
trusted his teammates

i can go on and one.

what about his first 3 seasons in the league? James 8th season Rose 3rd season.

lol hit a game winner :facepalm:

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Lebron didn't do all those things at Rose's age. Rose won the MVP younger, Rose could still win 60 games in back to back years, Rose clearly trusts his teammates when he's tried to get them all involved up until the point they all started failling. They play different positions, so the FG% is a dumbass argument.

And although you missed it, Rose did hit a game winner against Indy, drove to the hoop for a layup to win it.

I'm not saying Rose>Lebron at all, but don't be a moron when you try to make an argument.

i was referring to lebrons 3 pointer against the magic as the game winner not his 3 layups against the wizards that people discredit as game winners.

rose will never win 60 games in back to back years. rose did not have an mvp type season so him winning it younger does not matter to anyone. he was a product of hype and the moment. and fg% is not a dumb argument just because of position. you are a moron. it depends on player tendencies...

for example:

dirk and bargnani are jump shooters so their fg% will be lower than regular big men.

rose takes it in more often than he shoots jumpers...as does lebron. therefore, comparing fg% is perfectly allowable

Underrated Wade
05-25-2011, 06:22 PM
how do i start a forum in prosportsdaily? and yes rose is disappointing

kenzo400
05-25-2011, 06:23 PM
went to the finals

Only real advantage. The East was pretty weak that year though and they did get swept in the finals.

won 2 MVP's back to back
Lebron is older. Rose already has an MVP trophy. He can still reach that

played efficiently
Plays a different position. In some ways its harder for a poing guard like Rose to score consistently while at the same time control the team.

Doesn't mean anything. He had a decent team. Chicago will probably be a 60 win team next year, so what.

trusted his teammates
Ok, not really an argument just unsupported assumption.

lol seriously come on.

Tony_Starks
05-25-2011, 06:32 PM
The Bulls are not going to win a championship in their first year as legit contenders....... In other breaking news: the sky is falling!

fin_frenzy_84
05-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Last game Rose hardly got a break. He was gassed. Also he is getting double teamed early and no one wants to help him. He can obviously do better but he is young and every great had there struggles in the playoffs early in there career

droalex
05-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Maybe his ankle hurts.

JB0B0
05-25-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm disappointed in his game 2, 3, and 4 performances but it doesn't take away from the fact that he had a sensational season. Yes, he should be playing better but at the same time Miami has a top defense. I'm not sure if Rose is in a slump or if Wade/Bron are simply shutting him down.

magichatnumber9
05-25-2011, 06:39 PM
This is just another step in his progression. I'm not a fan so there is no way I could be upset with his performance.

Scarified
05-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Disappointed? Absolutely. Devastated? No. He's only 22 and this team will have a real chance to compete for a championship for years to come. This year just isn't their year it would seem.

PurpleJesus
05-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Rose is real good, but the media was hyping him as the next Jordan, which he is not. So I think some people are dissapointed that he is not living up to the Jordan type hype that he was getting.

Chronz
05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
And Rose has had great games this year too. Any of those guys you mentioned face the 2011 Heat? And a defender like Lebron James? Let alone Rose is 6-3.
Yea some of them have faced similarly strong defensive units with far less capable teammates surrounding them, but its not as if Rose was torching teams before he faced off against Miami. And yes I know his height, his height isnt going to change any time soon.

I'm sure the progression of a player has a lot to do with it, but talent around that player also has a lot to do with it. Not to mentioned having 7 new players on a team as well.I dont expect you to agree but it sounds like horrible logic to me, Bron is playing with an entirely new team aside from Big Z (who isnt even playing) and doing just fine, the new teammates excuse only lasts so long, basketball isnt that hard to figure out, and given Rose's ball dominance, its the OTHER players who have had to adapt to him. Besides part of the reason the Bulls had instant chemistry is because they got players that complimented each other and had some chemistry together. In the playoffs this doesnt matter as much.

The difference doesnt lay in their teammates, but where they are in their careers, their role and opposing defense.

Chronz
05-25-2011, 10:08 PM
One that has another star on it.
Your subjective definition of a star would include the likes of Shaquille Oneal right

Gators123
05-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Your subjective definition of a star would include the likes of Shaquille Oneal right

And probably Gilbert and Mo Williams...

Chronz
05-25-2011, 10:10 PM
LOL Rose has a 38.7 AST% and a 13.1 TOV%, Chris Paul in comparison has a 13.5 TOV%

You didnt post CP3's assist #'s, also look up their ast ratio, Pure Point Rating, and badpass to assist rate

RZZZA
05-25-2011, 10:11 PM
You have to understand, Rose is facing the few couple of players that are actually better than him in this league right now. Lebron and Wade...who many if not most people think are the 2 best basketball players in the world. And, a team that is defensively damn, damn good. Heat gameplan to smother Rose has worked pretty darn well.

He's also young and inexperienced and blah blah blah, everything else that everyone has already said before me

Chronz
05-25-2011, 10:14 PM
I guarantee the 2 clash

Chi StateOfMind
05-25-2011, 10:23 PM
In one word:

YES.

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 10:26 PM
You didnt post CP3's assist #'s, also look up their ast ratio, Pure Point Rating, and badpass to assist rate

He thinks they are "flawed stats"

RZZZA
05-25-2011, 10:31 PM
In one word:

YES.

Don't be too disappointed. We've become spoiled, we're so used to D.Rose having great games, we're so used to him being our closer. But we've finally met a team with a defense thats almost as good as ours and they've managed to contain him better than any team before. Our coach hasn't made great adjustments either...

D.Rose will be alright, nothing comes easy for him or the entire team in this series. D.Rose is not good enough to make Lebron and Wade look silly. At least not consistently, and especially when he gets no rest in the second half + 5 minutes of overtime

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 10:40 PM
So...no statue for Rose?

Kashmir13579
05-25-2011, 10:41 PM

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Please show me in the playoffs where another PG in 2 out of 3 series, had a player 6'8 guarding him because teams were so concerned about him? Bulls need a SG to open up the floor and knock down jumpers. Kyle Korver is a role player at best and is being asked to play a bigger role than he is used to.

RZZZA
05-25-2011, 11:05 PM
no other one player in the league demands as much defensive attention as derrick rose. Heats whole defensive philosophy is to "cut the head off the snake". The head being D.Rose

ElMarroAfamado
05-25-2011, 11:15 PM
I am....but its hard to battle the refs..Lebrick travels like every other time down the court (including that jumper that iced the game) and I mean really...what can you do?

akesh99
05-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Im more impressed with Miami's defence than I am disappointed with Rose's performance.

dodie53
05-25-2011, 11:17 PM
learning experience
for the very young MVP