PDA

View Full Version : What will happen when the Heat are actually good?

NYSpirit1
05-25-2011, 01:37 AM
First of all, this season, the Heat didn't play up to their potential. They won 58 games in the regular season. While their defense is leading them to the championship, their offense still isn't nearly what it could be.

Once the Heat make offensive adjustments in the offseason, what's going to happen to the NBA? Wade and LeBron could both average 30 a game with Bosh scoring 20 once they figure out a system that works. There's no telling if they couldn't win 72 to 75 games in a season. They just have so much talent between the big three, that if other players don't start teaming up, they really could win the next 5 to 7 championships.

After all, they're about to win this one just on talent alone.

Chris Paul needs to force a trade to the Knicks. And Dwight Howard needs to force a trade to the Lakers, Mavericks, Bulls or Nets. It's the only way a team will be able to challenge the Heat, because they're just too difficult. In the offseason, when they add role players, they'll just be more difficult.

Stars need to counteract the Heat's stars in LeBron, Wade and Bosh. If Howard ever thinks he's getting by the Heat by himself or Paul on the Hornets even getting past the first round, they're kidding themselves.

This season alone just showed what stars can do alone (a Cavs second round elimination, a Heat first round elimination and the Raptors missing the playoffs last year) to what they do as a unit - total domination.

Evolution23
05-25-2011, 01:42 AM
I agree lets get CP3 to the Knicks. I was thinking about having a balanced team like the Bulls but its easy to see that 3 superstars will always be better than 1.

Master Mind
05-25-2011, 01:44 AM
I agree lets get CP3 to the Knicks. I was thinking about having a balanced team like the Bulls but its easy to see that 3 superstars will always be better than 1.

what if the OKC/NO deal come to fruition, who's next on the list?

Raph12
05-25-2011, 01:45 AM
I said it early this season, look at their record since they went 9-8, they've been dominating...

John Walls Era
05-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Would CP3 to the Knicks really be able to stand up to the Heat in the long run. Amare and CP3 has had injury issues in the past.

Eat_At_Joe's
05-25-2011, 02:00 AM
They'll be a great team, but they wont be as good as the 95-96 Bulls.

justinnum1
05-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Would CP3 to the Knicks really be able to stand up to the Heat in the long run. Amare and CP3 has had injury issues in the past.

Great point, probably not

DeyAce
05-25-2011, 02:02 AM
They're already good

JoeyBoy718
05-25-2011, 02:04 AM
There are pros and cons to having 3 superstars on a team. You need a supporting cast to win. Fortunately Haslem and Miller and playing and playing well at the perfect time. You have to remember that EVERYBODY took a pay cut to play on this team -- not only the big 3, but guys like Haslem and Miller, and all the guys who signed for vet minimums when they could've made more elsewhere. Who knows if guys will agree to sign for less for the next 7 years? This team may possibly get worse because the supporting cast may disappear and then it will really be all on the big 3. But then again, they may get better because they may use the MLE and Riley may sway some other guys to come over. As good as the big 3 are, they still need a supporting cast. As long as they can get good players for cheap, they will be in every title hunt.

beasted86
05-25-2011, 02:07 AM
:rolleyes: @ the whole concept of this thread. "when the Heat are actually good?"

Heat "underachieved" with 2 of our key rotation players injured for the majority of the season, and Wade out the whole preseason, and still won 58 games enough for the 3RD best record in the whole NBA! So that must mean you were truly expecting this team to win 70+ games if everyone was healthy and they clicked from day 1. So that must mean they are supposed to win 80 games "once they are good."

Sounds like a garbage thread to me.

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2011, 02:12 AM
why do u keep mentioning CP3 to NY in your threads?

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 02:17 AM
why do u keep mentioning CP3 to NY in your threads?

cuz its happenining

iggypop123
05-25-2011, 02:20 AM
the mid level exception will be killed off. dont see how they sign anybody good who isnt 40 yrs old. at least the owners will try to make things different by making the players pockets bleed

Meloman
05-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Here's the thing. Miami doesn't have room for growth. This is the core they're going forward with, for better or for worse. There will be no midlevel exception in the new CBA, and despite what the heat bandwagoners say, no respectable role players are coming to them for the minimum. The other young contenders however, all have room to actually improve. Chicago has assets to trade, they can get a shooting guard who can create his own shot, and some of their best guys are still well away from their prime, so they have more actual room for improvement than Miami's guys, who are in their prime. OKC's whole team is young, all of their core guys will get better, and they have tons of assets to improve wherever they feel necessary. The Knicks are, in all likelihood, adding either CP3 or Dwill to create their own trio, and they have at least two respectable role players (Landry and Toney) already in the fold, and they have the #17 pick to try to get another one. My point is, you shouldn't write off the decade even if the Heat win this title. Other teams are going to get better. The Heat have nothing to rely on in that regard other than improved chemistry, which can only get you so far. Also keep in mind that Wade has taken a beating, he won't be this good forever. Honestly, I think we have a very unpredictable few years ahead of us.

Jkid56
05-25-2011, 02:23 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/25/2233500/heat-is-doing-what-america-feared.html

Enjoy! :D

Jkid56
05-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Here's the thing. Miami doesn't have room for growth. This is the core they're going forward with, for better or for worse. There will be no midlevel exception in the new CBA, and despite what the heat bandwagoners say, no respectable role players are coming to them for the minimum. The other young contenders however, all have room to actually improve. Chicago has assets to trade, they can get a shooting guard who can create his own shot, and some of their best guys are still well away from their prime, so they have more actual room for improvement than Miami's guys, who are in their prime. OKC's whole team is young, all of their core guys will get better, and they have tons of assets to improve wherever they feel necessary. The Knicks are, in all likelihood, adding either CP3 or Dwill to create their own trio, and they have at least two respectable role players (Landry and Toney) already in the fold, and they have the #17 pick to try to get another one. My point is, you shouldn't write off the decade even if the Heat win this title. Other teams are going to get better. The Heat have nothing to rely on in that regard other than improved chemistry, which can only get you so far. Also keep in mind that Wade has taken a beating, he won't be this good forever. Honestly, I think we have a very unpredictable few years ahead of us.

Look, take this from a realist Heat fan. We will NOT win every 'Ship from here on out. We WILL be in almost every Finals. We will NOT get any good player in any of our offseasons. We WILL get savy vets who want a ring and WILL play for the min. We will NOT have Wade in his prime forever. We WILL have Wade give us a good 2 or 3 years. While the rest of the nation and most Heat fans/bandwagoners think we will win it all year after year, i honestly will be happy with three or four. :D

Davidgta1
05-25-2011, 02:51 AM
They don't wanna be good they wanna be great an there playing like it right now

TheHighLife
05-25-2011, 03:13 AM
Superteams are annoying

icej
05-25-2011, 03:18 AM
If you think this Miami heat won't get some other help next season, (barring lockout) you are not living in the real world. Where players like Mike Miller, Bibby, Bosh who has been paid considerable amount in their past contracts, would not consider joining a winning team when they can still play. A testament of that is the fact that this incomplete heat roster is now on their way to their 1st finals as a 1yr old team.

Reality bites, but even you if you are that player, being courted to play for a winning team (guaranteed finalist), why wont you consider it if you have already gotten your dollars yet no ring. That is just the way, the sports world evolve, accolades sometimes get the better of dollars specially when you already have the dough.

BALLER R
05-25-2011, 08:06 AM
what happens when teams figure out how to defend the heat?

PhillyFaninLA
05-25-2011, 08:35 AM
How is a team 1 win from the finals not a good team. Watching the end of last nights game I saw a good team in the Bulls throwing everything they could a team that was just better so how are they not good.

So I guess the only answer I can give to the subject heading is they will bet the Sixers in 5 games in the first round, beat the Celtics in 5 games, and go up 3 - 1 against the Bulls through 4 games having lost to and beaten the Bulls at near there best.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 08:40 AM
this is what will happen:

1. HEAT supporters will say, "Screw all you haters. We told you the HEAT were good!"
2. The HEAT haters will say, "The league is rigged" or "Of course the HEAT won... not impressive"
3. The nuetral fan will say, "Wow, the HEAT really pulled it together and played historical defense. I don't like how they teamed up, but I respect them."

...and then the league will go into a lockout...b/c the owners are pricks... and we will probably lose a season of basketball

daleja424
05-25-2011, 08:42 AM
what happens when teams figure out how to defend the heat?

The Celtics and Bulls are the best defensive teams in the league (with Miami included in there also) and they have figured it out... but it doesn't matter. If you hold Miami to 85 (which is impressive) then the HEAT have the ability to hold you to 83...

JordansBulls
05-25-2011, 08:44 AM
They are good and actually have a good role players now but when the new collective bargaining agreement comes out it may limit who they can sign.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 08:46 AM
They are good and actually have a good role players now but when the new collective bargaining agreement comes out it may limit who they can sign.

It will limit who ALL the contenders can sign... If the HEAT are better this year (in their first year together) and none of the contenders can add free agents either... then I would say Miami has a good chance going forward.

PhillyFaninLA
05-25-2011, 08:48 AM

A new CBA would affect every team and not just the Heat. Every team operates under the same rules so it would affect your Bulls (you know with the homophobe, the guy that said he wants to go into the the stands and hit a fan, and the guy with the flower name that said yesterday or 2 days ago that I'm going to do this myself then didn't) and my Sixers all will operate under the same rules.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Yup... that new cba may even effect the Bulls ability to resign Rose if you really want to get into it...

I swear people are under the delusion that a new cba will only effect the heat. The HEAT are 17th in the league in salary people... there are 16 teams that will be in worse shape than Miami if the rules change.

nycericanguy
05-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Most people completely missed the point of the OP. He's not saying MIA isn't good, he's saying they didn't play to their potential this season (which they didn't for a number of reasons) yet they are still about to make the finals.

The point is what happens to the league when MIA actually plays to their potential. And I agree they will be hard to stop. People are saying "they can't add any players" or they don't have role players... well they don't need any players, they are steamrolling through the playoffs with a big 3 and a bunch of garbage players. Even Miller & Haslem are just now starting to contribute.

Actually gives me hope as a Knick fan that if we can get a 3rd max we'll be fine no matter how bad our supporting cast is.

One thing I've noticed is that having 3 stars has really allowed guys like Lebron & Wade to step up on defense now that they don't have the pressure of having to do everything else.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
...It needs to be the right 3 guys though... it needs to be three guys who arent concerned with the personal accolades, stats, etc... it needs to be three players who take as much pride on defense as they do on offense.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 09:08 AM

this. The new CBA is going to throw a huge wrench in miami's plan. NO MLE is going to **** them right there. Hard cap is also going to be a ***** for them. Plus if all of next season is lost due to a lockout, wade will be 30 by then.

The new CBA has a lot to do with everything. So to start sucking **** saying they are going to win 5 to 7 ships in a row is just nonsense. No need to ride the jock of the heat.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 09:11 AM
this is what will happen:

1. HEAT supporters will say, "Screw all you haters. We told you the HEAT were good!"
2. The HEAT haters will say, "The league is rigged" or "Of course the HEAT won... not impressive"
3. The nuetral fan will say, "Wow, the HEAT really pulled it together and played historical defense. I don't like how they teamed up, but I respect them."

...and then the league will go into a lockout...b/c the owners are pricks... and we will probably lose a season of basketball

:laugh2: that's the main reason why no one respects the heat and thinks they are douche bags.

PhillyFaninLA
05-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Most people completely missed the point of the OP. He's not saying MIA isn't good

Sorry about deleting the rest of your post I just did that because of space it takes up and it does not change the meaning of what I left.

The name of this thread is What will happen when the Heat are actually good? that is the reason. The name of the thread implies they are not good now and says nothing of potential. If the TC said What will happen when the Heat are actually playing at there potential then people would respond differently.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:14 AM

The Knicks are already committed to 61 million dollars of cap space next year. Get rid of the MLE and other exceptions and the Knicks are just as screwed as every other good team is. And if I'm going to be stuck with a team for the long haul...Ill take the HEAT...

As for this whole getting CP3 thing... let me repeat... the Knicks are committed to 61 million in salaries next year... 61 million... where is this money coming from for CP3?

LOL. Some fans love to point out how a hard cap or new cba will screw over Miami and seem to completely forget that their team would also be SCREWED.

nycericanguy
05-25-2011, 09:14 AM
...It needs to be the right 3 guys though... it needs to be three guys who arent concerned with the personal accolades, stats, etc... it needs to be three players who take as much pride on defense as they do on offense.

Ehh, I think 3 superstars on any team has shown to be a formula for success. Don't think you have to get too picky. I mean even the MIA 3 isn't ideal with two guys that dominate the ball. And You really think Bosh fits your category? Was he ever considered a good defender or a guy not concerned with accolades?

nycericanguy
05-25-2011, 09:15 AM
The Knicks are already committed to 61 million dollars of cap space next year. Get rid of the MLE and other exceptions and the Knicks are just as screwed as every other good team is. And if I'm going to be stuck with a team for the long haul...Ill take the HEAT...

As for this whole getting CP3 thing... let me repeat... the Knicks are committed to 61 million in salaries next year... 61 million... where is this money coming from for CP3?

LOL. Some fans love to point out how a hard cap or new cba will screw over Miami and seem to completely forget that their team would also be SCREWED.

:confused: I think you're thinking of CHI, NY has $40m in contracts next year. CHI is pretty capped out though. Boozer's contract might hurt them in the long run because he's really not playing like a true #2. Can you imagine a Rose & Amare duo?

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:17 AM
:confused: I think you're thinking of CHI, NY has $40m in contracts next year.

WRONG. The Knicks owe over 50 million to Melo, AMare, and Chauncey by themselves next year.

In fact... those three players will make more next year than Miami's big three will...

nycericanguy
05-25-2011, 09:20 AM
WRONG. The Knicks owe over 50 million to Melo, AMare, and Chauncey by themselves next year.

In fact... those three players will make more next year than Miami's big three will...

o, i thought you meant in 2012 when CP3 is available.

Billups expires next season, so his contract won't hurt their pursuit of Cp3. but yea they are capped out this year but it doesn't really matter, there is no one to sign this off season thats any good...lol

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:23 AM
o, i thought you meant in 2012 when CP3 is available.

Billups expires next season, so his contract won't hurt their pursuit of Cp3. but yea they are capped out this year but it doesn't really matter, there is no one to sign this off season thats any good...lol

nope... I said next season.

If the Knicks are content being an average team for another year they can wait on CP3 in 2012... enjoy that. Not sure it matters though if Dantoni is the HC...

nycericanguy
05-25-2011, 09:25 AM
nope... I said next season.

If the Knicks are content being an average team for another year they can wait on CP3 in 2012... enjoy that. Not sure it matters though if Dantoni is the HC...

actually you said next YEAR = 2012.

and hey no need to bait... You're team is winning, you should be happy right?

NY is heading in the right direction, thats all I can ask for. ANd i think they'll be a little better than "average" next year. if they won 42 games with all the crap they went through last season, I'm sure they can bump that up to 48-52 next year with a training camp and time to gel.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:28 AM
actually you said next YEAR = 2012.

and hey no need to bait... You're team is winning, you should be happy right?

NY is heading in the right direction, thats all I can ask for. ANd i think they'll be a little better than "average" next year. if they won 42 games with all the crap they went through last season, I'm sure they can bump that up to 48-52 next year with a training camp and time to gel.

not baiting... I dont think dantoni teams are built to be contenders... you need to know how to play defense to win titles...and you need to know how to play against tough defenses.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:30 AM
In fact... I think if you gave this current Knicks team a better coach they would probably be the 4th seed...

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 09:31 AM
2011/2012 assuming there will be a season:

Bosh 16M
James 16M
Wade 15M

47M on 3 players. Seems bad when a new cap is in place.

2012/2013

Bosh 17.5M
James 17.5M
Wade 17M

52M wrapped up in 3 players. See the trend? Those numbers go up until the top out around 22M per towards the end of their deals. Someone please explain how they will have enough cap room to add even minimum salary players just to fill out their roster? Will the big 3 have to go 3 on 5? :laugh2:

nycericanguy
05-25-2011, 09:34 AM
In fact... I think if you gave this current Knicks team a better coach they would probably be the 4th seed...

If you look at the east right now, I think NY will be right there for the #4 seed next year. NY with a full season of Melo, CB and an actual training camp, and without a whole season of huge trade distractions should be able to win 50-52 games which puts them right there around 4, maybe 5.

we'll see about D'antoni, this is the last year of his contract so he will have some pressure on him.

nycericanguy
05-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Bosh 16M
James 16M
Wade 15M

2012/2013

Bosh 17.5M
James 17.5M
Wade 17M

52M wrapped up in 3 players. See the trend? Those numbers go up until the top out around 22M per towards the end of their deals. Someone please explain how they will have enough cap room to add even minimum salary players just to fill out their roster? Will the big 3 have to go 3 on 5? :laugh2:

Any team is allowed to sign as many min salary players as they want regardless of their cap space.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:37 AM

Bosh 16M
James 16M
Wade 15M

2012/2013

Bosh 17.5M
James 17.5M
Wade 17M

It all depends on how the cba plays out... if it plays out similar to the way it currently does then it doesnt matter... miami will always be able to resign their own guys and add a new mle guy each year...

If the league goes to a hard cap then ALL of the contenders are screwed (which is why I highly doubt that a hard cap ever happens)

Anyways... championship teams have always been at the top of the league in salary... you only find a reason to complain when it is miami...

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 09:37 AM
yeah the Heat will trade Bosh for some better backups, maybe a better starting Center.

But I think the better the Heat get, the less NBA fans there will be.

Face it, everybody not in Miami hates the heat (mostly bc lebron but now bc of the fans as well) and everyone in Miami thinks theyre hot ***** (just like lebron!). The CBA will need to do something to even out the competition.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:38 AM

Bosh 16M
James 16M
Wade 15M

2012/2013

Bosh 17.5M
James 17.5M
Wade 17M

and who exactly do you root for?

bledrules
05-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Better question is "Will a day go by without Heat fans posting 137 new threads"
get a life will ya

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:44 AM
yeah the Heat will trade Bosh for some better backups, maybe a better starting Center.

Face it, everybody not in Miami hates the heat (mostly bc lebron but now bc of the fans as well) and everyone in Miami thinks theyre hot ***** (just like lebron!). The CBA will need to do something to even out the competition.

go ahead....continue ignoring the facts...

TV ratings where at an all time high this year...

and these playoffs have been off the charts:

For anyone who said last summer that this Heat team is bad for the NBA, you might want to retract that. Immediately.

The Heat, in fact, is so good for the NBA that the first two games of the Eastern Conference finals on TNT drew two of the four largest audiences for a basketball game in cable TV history.

After Game 1 drew 11.1 million viewers (most for a basketball game on cable), Game 2 followed with 10 million viewers, which ranked fourth behind the 2003 All-Star Game ( Michael Jordanís final one) and Game 3 of the Cleveland-Orlando 2009 Eastern finals.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/20/2225329/sports-media-heat-bulls-pulling.html#ixzz1NN64nlLO

TNT earned a 6.4 U.S. rating and 10.889 million viewers for Sunday nightís Bulls-Heat Eastern Conference Finals Game Three, marking the second-most-viewed NBA game in cable TV history. The audience figure falls just short of the record 11.1 million viewers set in Game One. Through three games of the Eastern Conference Finals, TNT has averaged a 6.2 rating and 10.667 million viewers, up 35% and 42%, respectively, from the comparable Lakers-Suns Western Conference Finals last year (TNT).

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2011/05/23/NBA-Ratings.aspx

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 09:51 AM
i dont get when ppl say the heat are bad for basketball? i mean do the ratings lie? the heat are showing very fun to watch basketball. this heat team isnt bad for the sport. i might just be helping it. i hate to say it but we have bandwagon fans all over the country. america loves watching this team play. now with NY trying to do the same thing. that will just make the sport more interesting to fans that might not have been dedicated before

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 09:56 AM
haha CAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO WATCH THEM LOSE maybe thats why so many ppl r watching. theres never ever ever been this many ppl wanting a team to NOT win a championship

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 09:56 AM
and the Heat already ARE as good as they will be- if anything, they will become worse after the CBA. The title of this thread is so arrogant but luckily some of the mods are Heat Homers so you KNOW it wont be closed.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 09:59 AM
*and you use a MIAMI article as proof- no bias there

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:59 AM
haha CAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO WATCH THEM LOSE maybe thats why so many ppl r watching. theres never ever ever been this many ppl wanting a team to NOT win a championship

so what? it doesnt matter why they are watching... they are watching... and thats the point. More people than ever are interested. The NBA doesn;t care which side people are rooting for... they are just excited that people are rooting for SOMEONE.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:01 AM
so what? it doesnt matter why they are watching... they are watching... and thats the point. More people than ever are interested. The NBA doesn;t care which side people are rooting for... they are just excited that people are rooting for SOMEONE.

true i can live with that

305sportsfan

TNT begs to differ dood. :rolleyes: Games 1 and 3 of the ECF have become the most watched NBA games in history!

...If the Heat are bad for the NBA, than the Yankees would've RUINED baseball!!

daleja424
*and you use a MIAMI article as proof- no bias there

Go on google... type in "heat ratings." The article that I posted is the first article and then there are 887 related articles.

STATS are STATS... regardless of which news outlet I post them from...

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:05 AM
the argument is that it *will be* bad for the NBA, not *is bad right now* for it.
but i could be wrong, im not that passionate about the matter.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:07 AM
:rolleyes: @ the whole concept of this thread. "when the Heat are actually good?"

Heat "underachieved" with 2 of our key rotation players injured for the majority of the season, and Wade out the whole preseason, and still won 58 games enough for the 3RD best record in the whole NBA! So that must mean you were truly expecting this team to win 70+ games if everyone was healthy and they clicked from day 1. So that must mean they are supposed to win 80 games "once they are good."

this

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:08 AM
well no one really knows what will happen in the future... all we can say right now is that Miami games have become a national must-see... so any suggestion that the heat is bad for the league is counterfactual at this point...

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:10 AM
yeah my bad on switchin the subject. The Heat cannot really get much better than they are unless they trade up Bosh and whoever for some better Depth- THEN they will be super nasty...

How come I havent heard any D-Wade - Pippen comparisons?
I hope Wades ok with playing 2nd fiddle!

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 10:11 AM
the argument is that it *will be* bad for the NBA, not *is bad right now* for it.
but i could be wrong, im not that passionate about the matter.

thats the thing, i dont see how it could be bad for the NBA in the future either.
these guys put on a show. and ppl forget, there are a lot of bandwagon fans out there. so after a ring or 2 fans are going to be rooting either for this team, or hating thim and against them, either way. ppl around the country WILL watch

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:13 AM
yeah my bad on switchin the subject. The Heat cannot really get much better than they are unless they trade up Bosh and whoever for some better Depth- THEN they will be super nasty...

wade is fine playing 2nd fiddle...
bosh is fine playing 3rd fiddle...

The lack of personal ego is what makes this team work. The truely remarkable thing about this team is that you have 4 guys who have been primary scorers in this league all on the same team willing to sacrifice for one another. Its actually a pretty fantastic story if when get over the hatred.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 10:15 AM

Does it make a difference? Ratings are ratings. Whether you hate them or love them your watching them.

and the Heat already ARE as good as they will be- if anything, they will become worse after the CBA. The title of this thread is so arrogant but luckily some of the mods are Heat Homers so you KNOW it wont be closed.

They're playing in the ECF and have an oppurtunity to play in the Finals. If thats as good as they'll be, Ill take it.

If the CBA affects the Heat it affects the Magic. You do realize that the Magic are currently 31M over the cap compared to the Heats 8M. I dont see your point.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 10:15 AM

lol we sign lebron : "haha i see that bron has to play 2nd fiddle to wade!"

lebron has a great game and an overall good series: "i hope wades ok with playing 2nd fiddle!"

lol its just pretty funny how opinions and ppls veiws on things change constantly

Raoul Duke
05-25-2011, 10:18 AM
They've been pretty good all season. This is the first time in my life as a fan that I've seen an NBA team win 58 games, have a top five (or at least top 6?) offense and defense, finish with the best road record and the highest point differential and still be called underachievers.

I don't think they're ever going to be a 70 win team in the regular season because they're just not built for it, and thats OK. Things look very easy for them right now, and this is when that **** is supposed to look hard.

tbone2171
05-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Anyone think Mike Miller can be moved in the offseason?

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:19 AM
I wish people would just stop talking about the cba all together TBH... NO ONE knows what it is going to look like. The players union rep is LAUGHING at the idea of a hard cap. The owners of the elite teams do not want a hard cap. The best players in the league do not want a hard cap. It is all speculation right now. The league has already ceeded to the players that if there is a hard cap it wouldnt start until 2014

Point is... if there is a hard cap...lets talk about it then. And instead of sitting around hoping that the league stops the heat b/c your team can't...you should instead sit around hoping your team gets better...

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:20 AM

CAN...yess... WILL? nooooo.

why would Miami move Miller when his value is low and knowing that when he is healthy he can be a great fit on this team

jp611
05-25-2011, 10:21 AM
The Heat are good, obviously, they're 1 game from the NBA Finals... and we'll have to look at the next CBA to see what they will be able to do in the offseason

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM
lol we sign lebron : "haha i see that bron has to play 2nd fiddle to wade!"

lebron has a great game and an overall good series: "i hope wades ok with playing 2nd fiddle!"

lol its just pretty funny how opinions and ppls veiws on things change constantly

i was clearly talking about this playoff performance Lebron is having right now.
why do you think my opinion is changing? maybe its bc your hearing 89074983478 different opinions. everyones opinion isnt CHANGING necessarily, your just assuming it.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM

I hope not. People have been hating on an injured player all year. If he can do what he did last night on a consistent basis next year, ill be thrilled. Hell, thats what he was brought here to do.

I think given health and another year to become more comfortable with his role and teamates and he'll play very well.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Does it make a difference? Ratings are ratings. Whether you hate them or love them your watching them.

They're playing in the ECF and have an oppurtunity to play in the Finals. If thats as good as they'll be, Ill take it.

If the CBA affects the Heat it affects the Magic. You do realize that the Magic are currently 31M over the cap compared to the Heats 8M. I dont see your point.

it was a guess- and i HOPE it changes the Magics team! We are paying too much for poor quality players. The only one on this team who deserves his contract in full value is Dwight.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 10:25 AM
i was clearly talking about this playoff performance Lebron is having right now.
why do you think my opinion is changing? maybe its bc your hearing 89074983478 different opinions. everyones opinion isnt CHANGING necessarily, your just assuming it.

Thats why they signed together, because they care about winning, not the labels a fan like yourself or media want place upon them.

Jkid56
05-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I wish people would just stop talking about the cba all together TBH... NO ONE knows what it is going to look like. The players union rep is LAUGHING at the idea of a hard cap. The owners of the elite teams do not want a hard cap. The best players in the league do not want a hard cap. It is all speculation right now. The league has already ceeded to the players that if there is a hard cap it wouldnt start until 2014

Point is... if there is a hard cap...lets talk about it then. And instead of sitting around hoping that the league stops the heat b/c your team can't...you should instead sit around hoping your team gets better...

Excelent point daleja424, unfortunately the haters will let this one fly over their head. Its far easier to point fingers outward than inward. " Ask not what your team can do for you but what you can do for your team! " :D

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 10:28 AM

i meant ppls opinons as a whole. the media and fans are so back and forwrth with this heat team. it might not necessarily be u

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Thats why they signed together, because they care about winning, not the labels a fan like yourself or media want place upon them.

so...your not a fan? i guess being a Heat fan puts you above all other team's fans right?

of course they care about winning. They care more about winning than anything. more than their fans i bet. u think lebron is out there winning for you? naw, hes doin it for his own. remember lebron said "i just wanna bring a championship to clevland". well where is he now? ppl get labels because they EARN them, not just bc of speculation.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 10:30 AM
it was a guess- and i HOPE it changes the Magics team! We are paying too much for poor quality players. The only one on this team who deserves his contract in full value is Dwight.

Initially i thought his trade was solid, but im a fan, in hindsight Otis Smith should have had a little patience prior to making any moves. Desperation leads you to make irrational decisions.

Otis wanted more offense yet he sacrificed his defense to do so (Gortat and Peitrus)

Orlando is my 2nd favorite team btw.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
so...your not a fan? i guess being a Heat fan puts you above all other team's fans right?

of course they care about winning. They care more about winning than anything. more than their fans i bet. u think lebron is out there winning for you? naw, hes doin it for his own. remember lebron said "i just wanna bring a championship to clevland". well where is he now? ppl get labels because they EARN them, not just bc of speculation.

And HEAT fans are enjoying the ride... have we really gotten to the point that we are criticizing WHY lebron wants to win a title?

ne3xchamps
Any team is allowed to sign as many min salary players as they want regardless of their cap space.

Not with a hard cap, which is what the owners want. If there is a hard cap you can't go over it for ANY reason, which is different from the salary cap used now.

THE_G.O.A.T.
Heat fans are the worst... facepalm.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
and who exactly do you root for?

celtics. I lost a sig bet.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Not with a hard cap, which is what SOME ofthe owners want. If there is a hard cap you can't go over it for ANY reason, which is different from the salary cap used now.

There is NO WAY that the owners of the Knicks, HEAT, Lakers, Mavs, Bulls, etc want a hard cap... that would decimate their teams and title hopes.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
celtics. I lost a sig bet.

and you of all people are criticizing the HEAT having a big 3? come on man...

YOUR superteam is what motivated the HEAT to come together...

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 10:36 AM

Yes, i am a fan, but i said "a fan like yourself" because you throwing out the Wade 2nd fiddle lable. My opinion wouldnt matter to them either your 100% correct.

That is incorrect imo in todays media influenced sports world. Wade has never received respect hes deserved, Dwight should have given D Rose a run for his money for MVP this year, and it goes on.

ccugrad1
05-25-2011, 10:37 AM
First of all, this season, the Heat didn't play up to their potential. They won 58 games in the regular season. While their defense is leading them to the championship, their offense still isn't nearly what it could be.

Once the Heat make offensive adjustments in the offseason, what's going to happen to the NBA? Wade and LeBron could both average 30 a game with Bosh scoring 20 once they figure out a system that works. There's no telling if they couldn't win 72 to 75 games in a season. They just have so much talent between the big three, that if other players don't start teaming up, they really could win the next 5 to 7 championships.

After all, they're about to win this one just on talent alone.

Chris Paul needs to force a trade to the Knicks. And Dwight Howard needs to force a trade to the Lakers, Mavericks, Bulls or Nets. It's the only way a team will be able to challenge the Heat, because they're just too difficult. In the offseason, when they add role players, they'll just be more difficult.

Stars need to counteract the Heat's stars in LeBron, Wade and Bosh. If Howard ever thinks he's getting by the Heat by himself or Paul on the Hornets even getting past the first round, they're kidding themselves.

This season alone just showed what stars can do alone (a Cavs second round elimination, a Heat first round elimination and the Raptors missing the playoffs last year) to what they do as a unit - total domination.

Problem with a lot of people is I think their expectations for Miami were just too damn high! I doubt you will ever again see someone win 72 games. 58-24 is pretty darn good if you ask me.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:38 AM
And HEAT fans are enjoying the ride... have we really gotten to the point that we are criticizing WHY lebron wants to win a title?

:mad: I KNOW AND I WANNA BE ON THAT RIDE WITH ORLANDO!! lol

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM
totally understandable! Just don't take out your frustration on us :)

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Not with a hard cap, which is what the owners want. If there is a hard cap you can't go over it for ANY reason, which is different from the salary cap used now.

Which would have to make players contracts non-guarenteed which the players union will not agree to. Furthermore, the teams that do make a profit (the contenders) do not want a hard cap.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 10:41 AM

this is the reason why a lot of people are saying its going to be a LONG lockout. They are more and further divided than the NFL. There probably won't be a season next year, which won't hurt my feelings. The NBA will probably go down hill anyways.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Which would have to make players contracts non-guarenteed which the players union will not agree to. Furthermore, the teams that do make a profit (the contenders) do not want a hard cap.

see my post #90.

Tha Truth
05-25-2011, 10:42 AM
The Heat are good....I'm guessing you meant to say when they are better

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Yes, i am a fan, but i said "a fan like yourself" because you throwing out the Wade 2nd fiddle lable. My opinion wouldnt matter to them either your 100% correct.

That is incorrect imo in todays media influenced sports world. Wade has never received respect hes deserved, Dwight should have given D Rose a run for his money for MVP this year, and it goes on.

How does Wade not get the respect he deserves? Wasnt he NBA Finals MVP a couple years back? I wasnt insulting Wade, i was making an observation.
When people outside of the organization have respect for a player, its known. Dwight, Wade, Durant, all well-respected players. You dont see much bashing on any of those guys.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 10:45 AM
and you of all people are criticizing the HEAT having a big 3? come on man...

YOUR superteam is what motivated the HEAT to come together...

But they did it non douche bag like. It was via trade, which is isn't on the same level as conspiring a couple years in advance to which team they wanted to play for. Plus if there is a more strict cap, I'm willing to bet the big 3 of boston would reconsruct their deals to make money work to add young pieces. Or 1 of them will be moved, which I'm leaning more towards the 2nd option more and more.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 10:46 AM
The Heat are good....I'm guessing you meant to say when they are better

yeah the title is a little off IMO. but I think that's what it should read.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Initially i thought his trade was solid, but im a fan, in hindsight Otis Smith should have had a little patience prior to making any moves. Desperation leads you to make irrational decisions.

Otis wanted more offense yet he sacrificed his defense to do so (Gortat and Peitrus)

Orlando is my 2nd favorite team btw.

yeah otis makes real desperate "on demand" moves. He has no patience in young players. He trades them away for old ppl (carter, Hedo). WHY we got rid of Gortat and Pietrus is beyond me- they were critical role players. Dwights got plenty of time left- 7-8 years at least. No need to hurry

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:50 AM
this is the reason why a lot of people are saying its going to be a LONG lockout. They are more and further divided than the NFL. There probably won't be a season next year, which won't hurt my feelings. The NBA will probably go down hill anyways.

here is the thing... everything about the league is working... except SOME of the financials...

Its simple... lower the lux tax threshold (to increase revenue sharing) and have the players give back 10% this year and an extra 5% next year. Otherwise leave the system alone. It makes NO SENSE to mess with a hot product. They make a couple tweeks behind the scenes and everyone wins...

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:51 AM
But they did it non douche bag like. It was via trade, which is isn't on the same level as conspiring a couple years in advance to which team they wanted to play for. Plus if there is a more strict cap, I'm willing to bet the big 3 of boston would reconsruct their deals to make money work to add young pieces. Or 1 of them will be moved, which I'm leaning more towards the 2nd option more and more.

You're arguing that KG and Pierce aren't complete d-bags? REALLY? :confused:

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:52 AM
yeah KG is pretty doushy

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 11:05 AM
here is the thing... everything about the league is working... except SOME of the financials...

Its simple... lower the lux tax threshold (to increase revenue sharing) and have the players give back 10% this year and an extra 5% next year. Otherwise leave the system alone. It makes NO SENSE to mess with a hot product. They make a couple tweeks behind the scenes and everyone wins...

Thats the issue, the NBA's ratings are thru the roof. How do you lose money when you have such demand? I think your ideas are a great place to start, and i honestly believe we will contract a couple teams (or should). A relatively profitable league shouldnt be held down by a couple teams losing 20+ million. And thats the problem, it really is a few teams with a large deficit trying to make major change for the rest of the league.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Only because you didn't read it. :rolleyes:

KnicksorBust
05-25-2011, 11:09 AM
yeah otis makes real desperate "on demand" moves. He has no patience in young players. He trades them away for old ppl (carter, Hedo). WHY we got rid of Gortat and Pietrus is beyond me- they were critical role players. Dwights got plenty of time left- 7-8 years at least. No need to hurry

You made it to the Finals and were then regressing. Gortat was playing like 10mpg and Pietrus is a role player. Their issue is not trading those two it's trading for the wrong players in return.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 11:16 AM
You made it to the Finals and were then regressing. Gortat was playing like 10mpg and Pietrus is a role player. Their issue is not trading those two it's trading for the wrong players in return.

Good point- i was just mentioning how we were trading young for old, its counter-productive

godolphins
05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
MJ on the Dan Patrick show:

Michael Jordan: "If you gonna beat the Heat, you better do it this year. They'll only get better each year."

"This is the worst Heat team you will see. Riley will just continue to bring people in"

Next year we will have a healthy Haslem and Miller plus we will add some new players to this team too so if we re-sign Chalmers and James Jones while getting a decent starting Center and another PG we should be set

Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Haslem
Miller
James Jones(bird rights)
Mario Chalmers(bird rights)
Joel Anthony

BrooklynBandito
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM

completely agree. Not gonna lie these heat bandwagon fans are pretty annoying. SWEET the heat are winning. What do you expect?! Lebron, Wade, and Bosh made the NBA predictable and most of all less entertaining.

LongWayFromHome
05-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Next year we will have a healthy Haslem and Miller plus we will add some new players to this team too so if we re-sign Chalmers and James Jones while getting a decent starting Center and another PG we should be set

Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Haslem
Miller
James Jones(bird rights)
Mario Chalmers(bird rights)
Joel Anthony

Why do we know they will be healthy.

Overall this concept is definitely true that the heat will only get better. BUT IF THERE'S A GOD it won't be through adding talent. This guy is praying for a CBA that stops this non-sense.

jrm2054
05-25-2011, 12:25 PM
The new CBA is going to kill the heat.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 12:28 PM

:facepalm: x infinity

Baller1
05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
I was actually thinking about this a few days ago; we're not even seeing the bet Miami team yet. This team is going to be unfairly good for so long, and it'll only get worse as the years go on.

Yanks All Day
05-25-2011, 12:50 PM
We already know what kind of talent they have. That's pretty much locked in for the next half decade to a decade. There's almost no chance that they add any kind of significant talent to this team, especially with the new CBA coming up soon. A championship, however, gives all but two of the Heat players something they have never had in the NBA- a championship confidence. All of a sudden, LeBron James doesn't have the pressure of being a "King Without a Ring" and Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh no longer have to do it alone. Haslem, Miller, Chalmers, Jones, etc know their roles and know they don't have to greatly alter their games to succeed. Basketball, more than any other sport, is a game of confidence, and if Miami wins it all in their first year together, can only build a confidence that the rest of the league can't be happy about having to face the next few years. Works both ways, though, and if they don't win in their first year, the pressure just about doubles every year that they don't succeed.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
WTF did Bosh do alone? Go to the playoffs once, IN THE EAST? Jesus christ. LeBron is a prime example of that (as is Dirk), NOT Bosh in the slightest.

AllBall
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM

We already have our core signed for years. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't know if Wade has anymore than 2-3 years left physically.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't know if Wade has anymore than 2-3 years left physically.

no... you don't...

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 01:04 PM
no... you don't...

Just saying it surely doesn't look good.

ATX
05-25-2011, 01:07 PM
I would comfortably say that Wade has 3 more years of playing at an Elite level. Especially considering the support he has now, and thus not having to do it all on his own anymore.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 01:11 PM

What part of the heat are 17th in NBA payroll dont you understand?

Of the 16 NBA playoff teams, only the Nuggets, Pacers, Bulls and Thunder have a smaller payroll (with the Bulls working 7+ million in salary for Noah's extension next year and due Rose's extension, and the Thunder working in Perkins and Durants contract extension next season as well)

So if the CBA "Kills the Heat", its going to kill: The Lakers, Mavs, Magic, Celtics, Jazz, Rockets, Hawks, Blazers, Grizzlies, Bucks, Spurs, 76ers, Raptors, Hornets, Warriors, and Knicks; more than it will the Heat.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 01:15 PM

Of the 16 NBA playoff teams, only the Nuggets, Pacers, Bulls and Thunder have a smaller payroll (with the Bulls working 7+ million in salary for Noah's extension next year and due Rose's extension, and the Thunder working in Perkins contract extension next season as well)

So if the CBA "Kills the Heat", its going to kill: The Lakers, Mavs, Magic, Celtics, Jazz, Rockets, Hawks, Blazers, Grizzlies, Bucks, Spurs, 76ers, Raptors, Hornets, Warriors, and Knicks; more than it will the Heat.

I've said it 100 times...

You could scream it form the mountain tops...and still people wouldn't get it... and it is all the media's fault.

Everytime the media talk about a new CBA they always use miami as the example...and people have gotten it into their head that it means Miami is the only one who will be screwed. :facepalm:

I think most fans would be heart broken if they knew that their front office spent more than the heat in salaries this year and are not even remotely close to as good...

AllBall
05-25-2011, 01:16 PM
The only thing they could do is prevent future superteams from being created, which will just make it easier for Miami. lol.

SteBO
05-25-2011, 01:19 PM

Of the 16 NBA playoff teams, only the Nuggets, Pacers, Bulls and Thunder have a smaller payroll (with the Bulls working 7+ million in salary for Noah's extension next year and due Rose's extension, and the Thunder working in Perkins and Durants contract extension next season as well)

You could scream it form the mountain tops...and still people wouldn't get it... and it is all the media's fault.

Everytime the media talk about a new CBA they always use miami as the example...and people have gotten it into their head that it means Miami is the only one who will be screwed. :facepalm:

I think most fans would be heart broken if they knew that their front office spent more than the heat in salaries this year and are not even remotely close to as good...

I think the both of you and I both know where this is really stemming from. It's the usual, if you know what I'm referring to :laugh2:

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 01:22 PM

I think the illusion that most non heat fans make is that since the majority of our salary is allocated between 3 players that the only way to cut our salary is to remove one of those guys from the roster.

A hard cap would never be drastic enough for us to do that, and if it were all the top tier teams would have to COMPLETELY DISMANTLE their squads.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I think the both of you and I both know where this is really stemming from. It's the usual, if you know what I'm referring to :laugh2:

Uncontrollable love and infatuation??? :D

KnicksR4Real
05-25-2011, 01:24 PM
There pretty damn good

Wade_County
05-25-2011, 01:40 PM
its funny how people keeps saying "cba will screw the heat". Im not even going into the fact that half the league still has a higher payroll then Miami, but people who think that the NBPA will agree to a cap of 45ish million are crazy. There will be a lockout before that happens.

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 01:59 PM
its funny how people keeps saying "cba will screw the heat". Im not even going into the fact that half the league still has a higher payroll then Miami.

well that's not really the point. When you're significantly over the cap and you only have 6 guys signed, compared to another team that has 8-9 guys signed, its a problem, especially with how the contracts esculate every year. The Heat really can't afford to not start winning this year.

nycericanguy
05-25-2011, 02:04 PM

of course, and of course the owners want that...but lets be real, thats not happening so no sense in discussing it. if it does then we can discuss, but there always have to be some exemptions, otherwise you're going to say MIA has to play with 3 players?...lol

Giants-49ers-Ws
05-25-2011, 02:14 PM
they are good

dumb thread

the lakers are going to comeback stronger next year..

and let's see if the heat get by the mavs anyways...it's not over yet

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 02:31 PM
I think the illusion that most non heat fans make is that since the majority of our salary is allocated between 3 players that the only way to cut our salary is to remove one of those guys from the roster. A hard cap would never be drastic enough for us to do that, and if it were all the top tier teams would have to COMPLETELY DISMANTLE their squads.

well that's not really the point. When you're significantly over the cap and you only have 6 guys signed, compared to another team that has 8-9 guys signed, its a problem, especially with how the contracts esculate every year. The Heat really can't afford to not start winning this year.

Top three players salaries:

Lakers 55M, Dallas 40M, Orlando 48M, Boston 42M, Miami 42M, Jazz 39M, Rockets 35M, Hawks 38M, Blazers 35M, Grizz 40M, Bucks 39M, Spurs 42M.

Average top 3 player salary among top 11 teams (payroll) and Heat: 41.25M

Heat not to far off the average. Dont see your point.

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Top three players salaries:

Lakers 55M, Dallas 40M, Orlando 48M, Boston 42M, Miami 42M, Jazz 39M, Rockets 35M, Hawks 38M, Blazers 35M, Grizz 40M, Bucks 39M, Spurs 42M.

Average top 3 player salary among top 11 teams (payroll) and Heat: 41.25M

Heat not to far off the average. Dont see your point.

Because for some reason, Pat Riley overpaid for Haslem, Miller, and Anthony, and for a long time.

Ebbs
05-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Back when the thread was made "How wil lthe Heat do" Like right after the decision.

I said they will be the second or third seed but they will still win the championship.

I really want my Mavs to prove me wrong but that still seems likely.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Because for some reason, Pat Riley overpaid for Haslem, Miller, and Anthony, and for a long time.

What does that have to do with the Big 3 and top 3 player salaries?

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 02:47 PM

And if your stating the Heats top 6 salary is over league average your WAY wrong. Regardless, it shows you the Heat would not have to give up anyone, and if they did, more than half the league would have to do the same.

SportsFanatic10
05-25-2011, 02:54 PM

haslem and miller both took less then what they could of been paid to be in miami. when they're fully healthy next year(if there is one) i think they're worth every penny imo. i didn't like the anthony contract at first but i don't find it as bad now as i think hes made some strides this year to slightly improve his hands and even his close shooting a bit. hes also done better with rebounding then in the past while still being a great pick and roll defender and shot blocker.

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 02:59 PM
haslem and miller both took less then what they could of been paid to be in miami. when they're fully healthy next year(if there is one) i think they're worth every penny imo. i didn't like the anthony contract at first but i don't find it as bad now as i think hes made some strides this year to slightly improve his hands and even his close shooting a bit. hes also done better with rebounding then in the past while still being a great pick and roll defender and shot blocker.

all i'm saying is that you're gonna have your 6 guys for the next 5 years, and not much else surrounding them. Hey, it may be good enough, but that's the reality.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 03:05 PM
all i'm saying is that you're gonna have your 6 guys for the next 5 years, and not much else surrounding them. Hey, it may be good enough, but that's the reality.

Your not showing me any proof.

How does this ONLY APPLY for the Heat? If top 3 player salary is about league average for top contending teams and the Heat are 17th overall in payroll; how would that be the case for the Heat and not the case for the 16 teams ahead of them total salary?

So in essence, every other team out there is going to have a 6 player rotation.

Please, dont even try. The Big 3 and the Heat arent going anywhere. The CBA isnt going to save you.

Southsideheat
05-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Your not showing me any proof.

How does this ONLY APPLY for the Heat? If top 3 player salary is about league average for top contending teams and the Heat are 17th overall in payroll; how would that be the case for the Heat and not the case for the 16 teams ahead of them total salary?

So in essence, every other team out there is going to have a 6 player rotation.

Please, dont even try. The Big 3 and the Heat arent going anywhere. The CBA isnt going to save you.

Relax guy, Its because the 6 players were signed at the same time. There is no flexibility with any expiring contracts because they all expire the same time.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 03:14 PM

Top 6 players:

Dallas 67M, Lakers 74M, Celtics 62M, Heat 53M, Magic 71M

Keep on thinking there going to make the CBA to destroy the Heat.

tbone2171
05-25-2011, 03:17 PM
So assuming the cap stays the same next year, what is the Heat's cap going to look like next year? If I remember correctly, they couldn't spend the full cap this year, correct?

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Relax guy, Its because the 6 players were signed at the same time. There is no flexibility with any expiring contracts because they all expire the same time.

If your going to try to prove a point im all ears. If you can show me how a new CBA is going to affect the Heat and not the other 16 teams ahead of them in salary, do it.

I dont care about being wrong or giving credit where its due. If it was even a remote possibilty, I would give you the benefit of the doubt.

They have no flexibility? What kind of arguement is that?

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 03:24 PM
So assuming the cap stays the same next year, what is the Heat's cap going to look like next year? If I remember correctly, they couldn't spend the full cap this year, correct?

They had CAP ROOM this year because they were under the cap. Now that their over the cap, like most of the league, they have the MLE which should be around 6M-6.5Mto spend on free agents. (as would other teams over the cap as well, if they didnt spend a MLE last year i.e lakers)

AllBall
05-25-2011, 04:30 PM

The contracts don't expire all at once and neither do player options, team options etc come into play at the same time. :rolleyes:

Eat_At_Joe's
05-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Problem with a lot of people is I think their expectations for Miami were just too damn high! I doubt you will ever again see someone win 72 games. 58-24 is pretty darn good if you ask me.

This exactly. Only someone special like MJ could pull it off. No one else.

SoxBearsBulls!
05-25-2011, 05:21 PM
first of all, this season, the heat didn't play up to their potential. They won 58 games in the regular season. While their defense is leading them to the championship, their offense still isn't nearly what it could be.

Once the heat make offensive adjustments in the offseason, what's going to happen to the nba? Wade and lebron could both average 30 a game with bosh scoring 20 once they figure out a system that works. there's no telling if they couldn't win 72 to 75 games in a season. They just have so much talent between the big three, that if other players don't start teaming up, they really could win the next 5 to 7 championships. after all, they're about to win this one just on talent alone.

Chris paul needs to force a trade to the knicks. And dwight howard needs to force a trade to the lakers, mavericks, bulls or nets. It's the only way a team will be able to challenge the heat, because they're just too difficult. In the offseason, when they add role players, they'll just be more difficult.

Stars need to counteract the heat's stars in lebron, wade and bosh. If howard ever thinks he's getting by the heat by himself or paul on the hornets even getting past the first round, they're kidding themselves.

This season alone just showed what stars can do alone (a cavs second round elimination, a heat first round elimination and the raptors missing the playoffs last year) to what they do as a unit - total domination.

rofl

SoxBearsBulls!
05-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Look, take this from a realist Heat fan. We will NOT win every 'Ship from here on out. We WILL be in almost every Finals. We will NOT get any good player in any of our offseasons. We WILL get savy vets who want a ring and WILL play for the min. We will NOT have Wade in his prime forever. We WILL have Wade give us a good 2 or 3 years. While the rest of the nation and most Heat fans/bandwagoners think we will win it all year after year, i honestly will be happy with three or four. :D

That is more realistic...Wade has been injury prone and has started to look his age a bit, still an awesome player but his decline isn't far off, just a fact of life.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Heat have a good 4-5 window of opportunity to win titles but to think they'll win 4 or 5 in a row is a bit much, this ain't the 60s anymore.

Plus every team will be gunning for them, teams will be built specifically to beat the Heat and there are other variables such as injuries and such.

Win one or two before you start declaring them a dynasty...

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Heat won't beat Dallas if that's the finals matchup. they are beatable.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 05:38 PM

Like i havent heard, wont, cannot, should not, could not around the Heat enough this year.

bringinwood
05-25-2011, 05:45 PM
I said they'd go after the 96 Bulls record next season while winning a title this year...

It's looking more and more likely...

I loved how people absolutely killed them for assembling this team... Realistically, how can any of the "big 3" look back and say they made a mistake at this point...

They are playing the "theoretical finals" right now and are up 3-1... I say that because I see the winner of this series winning the finals...

People can speculate on how horribly the situations were handled this past offseason... You can't speculate about their intentions...

bringinwood
05-25-2011, 05:50 PM

The Heat being "beatable" is way different than the Mavericks being favored... Remember that...

The chances of Dallas winning 4 games against the Heat in the finals are slim...

I won't say they are none, but they are definitely slim...

The way I see it is that the Bulls are better in every possible way than the Mavericks...

They have more star power, rebound better, play better defense, have better scorers, a better second option...

The only facet of the game that Dallas can say is arguably better is on the bench...

Even with the Bulls being far ahead of the Mavericks, the Heat are still making minced meat of the Bulls...

Mudvayne91
05-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Why is the OP still allowed to post?

And while we're at it, just drop the league to 6-8 teams. That way Knicks, Lakers, Boston etc. could always have stacked teams.

magic0320
05-25-2011, 06:05 PM
didn't expect heat to make finals this year

i am happy for the heat fans :)

gatkins11
05-25-2011, 06:10 PM
The Heat being "beatable" is way different than the Mavericks being favored... Remember that...

The chances of Dallas winning 4 games against the Heat in the finals are slim...

I won't say they are none, but they are definitely slim...

The way I see it is that the Bulls are better in every possible way than the Mavericks...

They have more star power, rebound better, play better defense, have better scorers, a better second option...

The only facet of the game that Dallas can say is arguably better is on the bench...

Even with the Bulls being far ahead of the Mavericks, the Heat are still making minced meat of the Bulls...

Than the Heat? We're better at PG, PF, C, and the bench.

bringinwood
05-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Why is the OP still allowed to post?

And while we're at it, just drop the league to 6-8 teams. That way Knicks, Lakers, Boston etc. could always have stacked teams.

But if you did that, you wouldn't have teams like the Nuggets to fork over their superstars after years of mediocrity... You also wouldn't have them to use as warmups for the "real" teams of the NBA...

Give me a break... I'm a 76er fan and I understand teams being upset about this union but, I admire their talents and their possibilities... Even after they destroyed my sixers, I still admire their talents and realize my team has a world of work ahead of them...

bringinwood
05-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Than the Heat? We're better at PG, PF, C, and the bench.

No... Than the Bulls...

You aren't better at PG or C against the Bulls...
The still are still destroying them...

nykobe24
05-25-2011, 06:22 PM
i cant see the heat winning the finals this year,but next year and beyond for sure especially if they improve there bench
the mavs are on a mission man
they violated my lakers :(
just a matter of time before dirk eats them up
and btw not to sound like a d**krider but who on the heat holding dirk?

Knicks21
05-25-2011, 06:24 PM

and wade hasn't? He is the oldest out of the group, and he is a guard.

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 06:30 PM
No... Than the Bulls...

You aren't better at PG or C against the Bulls...
The still are still destroying them...

LOL destroying them? you should use a different word

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 06:43 PM
didn't expect heat to make finals this year

i am happy for the heat fans :)

Not yet. But thank you none the less.

Bishnoff
05-25-2011, 06:43 PM
If the Heat can build a team, they will be virtually unbeatable. The new CBA is the rest of the league's only hope.

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 06:45 PM
If the Heat can build a team, they will be virtually unbeatable. The new CBA is the rest of the league's only hope.

:rolleyes:

Keep on praying.

godolphins
05-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Haslem:
11-14:
$3,780,000
$4,060,000
$4,340,000
$4,620,000

Anthony:
11-14
$3,600,000
$3,750,000
$3,800,000
$3,800,000

How is that overpaying?

AllBall
05-26-2011, 12:39 AM

They can only do things to make it more difficult for other teams.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2011, 01:11 AM
The Heat are already good and will be for quite a while but lets not get carried away. The Bulls will only improve, Boston is going to make changes, undoubtedly Orlando will have to make moves to appease Howard.... not to mention Dallas may very well win the whole thing this year and Lakers will be on a mission next year. OKC with a year under their belt will be no joke either.

They're going to be contenders for a minute but its by no means a wrap, they're are several legit teams now.