PDA

View Full Version : Does Chicago stand a chance?

ChitownBears22
05-25-2011, 01:12 AM
After dropping another game and going down 3-1. Does anyone think Chicago can come back in this series and take it?

J$mo0th_3o5
05-25-2011, 01:14 AM
No.

jneises21
They might win one more game...but thats it

tredigs
Hell no. Far too inexperienced to come back against a team with leaders who have this much playoff experience. Not to mention they're flat out being outplayed by better players, if not quite a better team.

dnewguy
05-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Next season.

drobe86
05-25-2011, 01:15 AM
This series is over Jack. All the hype about Derrick Rose and he goes up in flames. He's a good player but really flamed out this series. The Heat set the blueprint on him by packing in the paint and making him a jumpshooter.

Avenged
05-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Sorry Chi Town..

Better luck next time. You got a great core to work with and a full season of experience.

LionsFan..LOL
05-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Maybe win game 5 at home but that seems too kind at this point. The Bulls aren't that far off and they had a real good season this year. They are only gonna go up from here on out.

CavsYanksDuke
05-25-2011, 01:22 AM
This series has been crazy. Tonight's game was...amazing?

CeltsOwnKnicks
05-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Chicago has had a great season but no they are done. The question I have is.. Do the Heat have anyone that can guard Dirk?

CountSackula
05-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Can't wait for Heat-Mavs II

ChitownBears22
05-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Chicago has had a great season but no they are done. The question I have is.. Do the Heat have anyone that can guard Dirk?

Re-watch the '06 Finals and let me know if anyone plays Dirk well.

Hint- Guy is still on the team. Rhymes with Schmaslem.

theSPECIALKID
05-25-2011, 01:32 AM
I think they have the ability. All the games were close. The Bulls have no pressure now. Just play basketball and see what happens. If they get it to a game 7 all bets are off. Just my opinion.

J$mo0th_3o5
05-25-2011, 01:34 AM

:laugh2:

gotoHcarolina52
05-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Bulls have played with a hell of a lot of energy. They are tough to beat. This has been (and will continue to be) one of the most competitive series thus far. I must congratulate them on the effort even though I can't stand very many of their players and fans.

All that said, this isn't done yet. Let's get another W Thursday night and send the Bulls off to sleep with the (cat)fishes!

JordansBulls
05-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Fwiw

• 2006: The phoenix suns started the 2006 playoffs by falling behind, 3-1, to the los angeles lakers before winning the series. They won the next round against the los angeles clippers before losing in the conference finals to the dallas mavericks. Phoenix (54-28 during the regular season) had the homecourt advantage over the lakers (45-37). Phoenix star: League mvp steve nash.

• 2003: The detroit pistons trailed the orlando magic, 3-1, but came back to win the eastern conference first-round matchup. The pistons also won in the next round before losing in the conference finals. The pistons (50-32) enjoyed the homecourt advantage over orlando (42-40). Detroit defender: Nba defensive player of the year ben wallace.

• 1997: The miami heat came back to defeat the new york knicks in the eastern conference semifinals, but lost in the next round despite a 61-win regular season. Miami (61-21) had the homecourt advantage over new york (57-25). Miami scoring leader: Tim hardaway.

• 1995: The underdog houston rockets rallied to defeat the phoenix suns in the western conference semifinals, and then went on the win the nba championship. During the regular season, phoenix (59-23) was 12 games better than houston (47-35). Houston starting lineup included current tnt analyst kenny smith.

• 1981: The boston celtics stormed back to defeat the philadelphia 76ers in the eastern conference finals en route to the nba title. Boston and philadelphia had tied for the best record in the east that year at 62-20, but boston had the homecourt for game 7. Boston star: Larry bird.

• 1979: The washington bullets rallied to defeat the san antonio spurs in the eastern conference finals, before losing to the seattle supersonics in the nba finals. Washington (54-28) had the homecourt advantage over san antonio (48-34). Washington star: Elvin hayes.

• 1970: The los angeles lakers came back to defeat the phoenix suns in the western conference semifinals and then advanced to the nba finals before losing to the new york knicks. During the regular season, the lakers (46-36) had a better record than phoenix (39-43). Laker stars: Jerry west, wilt chamberlain and elgin baylor.

• 1968: The boston celtics rallied to defeat to the philadelphia 76ers to win the eastern conference finals and then went on to win the nba championship. The celtics did this despite having to win game 7 in philadelphia. The 76ers (62-20) had a better record than boston (54-28) during the regular season. Boston stars: Bill russell and john havlicek.

The big ones are 1968, 1981, 1995 and 1997 as those were teams were both teams were pretty good.

theSPECIALKID
05-25-2011, 01:37 AM
Bulls have played with a hell of a lot of energy. They are tough to beat. This has been (and will continue to be) one of the most competitive series thus far. I must congratulate them on the effort even though I can't stand very many of their players and fans.

All that said, this isn't done yet. Let's get another W Thursday!

That's what I'm saying. Miami has to play hard too and not slack because the Bulls bring it every possession. I think when you do that you have a chance. I gotta give it to to Heat though they've impressed me with their hustle. They really want it bad, but they can't get lackadaisical because it could potentially bite them in the ***. Good game though and hopefully we get to see some more basketball. :clap:

TheHighLife
05-25-2011, 01:38 AM
They'll win the next one.

theSPECIALKID
05-25-2011, 01:40 AM
They'll win the next one.

And that's the approach they're gonna have to take. Miami absoutleyy has to close it out in game 6 if they get there. Not saying the Heat can't win a game 7 in Chicago but it would be really though.

CeltsOwnKnicks
05-25-2011, 01:42 AM
If I rewatch the '06 Finals I will see Shaq in the Lane containing Dirk. I think this year will be a different story.

Tha Truth
05-25-2011, 01:42 AM
NO! It's done.

ChitownBears22
05-25-2011, 01:44 AM
If I rewatch the '06 Finals I will see Shaq in the Lane containing Dirk. I think this year will be a different story.

Nope it was Haslem.

CeltsOwnKnicks
05-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Keep dreaming. Haslem will have no impact on this years finals.

Raph12
05-25-2011, 01:46 AM
No chance, I called Heat in 6 before it began...

DeyAce
We'll take game 5 for sure.

shep33
Nah this is series is over sadly. Wanted a 7 gamer.

ChitownBears22
Keep dreaming. Haslem will have no impact on this years finals.

Haslem was guarding Dirk for the majority of the 06 finals. How do people not remember this. Do you honestly think they had Shaq trying to close out dirk?

Master Mind
05-25-2011, 01:50 AM
It's not over til it's over guys. We'd prefer to end it Thurs. and that's gonna require more energy/effort than tonight's game...It will be a dog fight

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2011, 01:53 AM
no. the refs are too much

CeltsOwnKnicks
05-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Haslem was guarding Dirk for the majority of the 06 finals. How do people not remember this. Do you honestly think they had Shaq trying to close out dirk?

Do you honestly think that Haslem will have any impact during the Finals. If so where was his defense last year in the playoffs?

ChitownBears22
05-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Yes I do think he will have an impact. He has played a major role in this series and is getting more minutes. He will be guarding Dirk and wouldn't be surprised if he starts.

PG- LBJ
SG- Wade
F- Haslem
F- Bosh
C- Anthony

Jewelz0376
05-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Haslem won't be able to defend Dirk any better than Collison is...

The way Dirk is playing right now he's going to destroy any defender you put in front of him...

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 02:02 AM
you guys had a awesome season...

... ya found out derrick rose surpassed the kevin durant hype. to become top 7 players in league.

your team is the 2nd best team in the east... i underestimated this team...thinking Boston was harder.

You guys got young players which = a lot of years being relevant.

the knicks got lucky...in that aspect.

ChitownBears22
05-25-2011, 02:04 AM
No one will shut out dirk but haslem has played him well, even in a prior finals. Dirk is going to get his regardless. I am more worried about Miami being able to handle Terry. Miami rotates well and closes out faster than any team. Dallas on the other hand can't stop a nosebleed defensively

CeltsOwnKnicks
05-25-2011, 02:04 AM
All I know is he couldn't guard KG in last years playoffs. And Dirk is a far better offensive threat than KG is. Having a major role against Boozer or Noah is a lot different than trying to guard Dirk.

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Do you honestly think that Haslem will have any impact during the Finals. If so where was his defense last year in the playoffs?

our defense was a problem, but that was because of quentin richardson, micheal beasley, and at times J.O. ... also the lack of skill arroyo had...

Remember it was Haslem defense on Nowitzki during that o6 finals.

dont doubt the U + D Haslem

Klivlend
05-25-2011, 02:09 AM
No sir, no chance.

chisox721
05-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Yes I do think he will have an impact. He has played a major role in this series and is getting more minutes. He will be guarding Dirk and wouldn't be surprised if he starts.

PG- LBJ
SG- Wade
F- Haslem
F- Bosh
C- Anthony

LOL @ any lineup with Haslem at the 3:facepalm:

Jkid56
05-25-2011, 02:10 AM

The way Dirk is playing right now he's going to destroy any defender you put in front of him...

Granted. Dirk is playing Re-Dirkulous............BUT Haslem will be the answer for him. Yes he gives up height to Dirk but he knows where Dirk likes to go. When you know another players tendencies and are able to get to his spot before he does, you win the matchup 8 out of 10 times. He will not shut Dirk down. No one can. He will just mak life uncomfortable for him.

During the '06 Finals Dirk was vey efficient against us the first 2 games. Once Haslem studied tape and learned his tedencies, he was able to make his shots more difficult.

Jkid56
05-25-2011, 02:12 AM
All I know is he couldn't guard KG in last years playoffs. And Dirk is a far better offensive threat than KG is. Having a major role against Boozer or Noah is a lot different than trying to guard Dirk.

Last year was last year. Remember, Dirk has gone through an entire season + playoffs. Haslem has only recently started to play and is fresh. Who do you think will give first?

Chi StateOfMind
05-25-2011, 02:13 AM
No it's over. Heartbreak loss today. Great season but were not beating Miami three staright games. We can't score in the 4th.

Time2Dieeee
05-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Thanks for Dinner

Master Mind
05-25-2011, 02:16 AM
no. the refs are too much

Thank you for polluting the thread...

Chi StateOfMind
05-25-2011, 02:18 AM
Hope LeBron gets his ring. Well deserved for a great player.

Jkid56
05-25-2011, 02:18 AM
So...................It looks like we are gonna have our dessert in Dallas :D

pd1dish
05-25-2011, 02:19 AM
this series is over. game 4 was a must win for the Bulls. Rose had a chance to win the game after the offensive foul by Lebron, and he settled for a jumpshot, which was especially irritating because he settled for a jumpshot in the posession right before it and was unable to hit either shot. i could see us getting the next one at home, but beating any team 3 games in a row is hard to do.

Time2Dieeee
05-25-2011, 02:19 AM
So...................It looks like we are gonna have our dessert in Dallas :D

el dirk sundae anyone???

sounded soooo wrong

CeltsOwnKnicks
05-25-2011, 02:22 AM
Last year was last year. Remember, Dirk has gone through an entire season + playoffs. Haslem has only recently started to play and is fresh. Who do you think will give first?

Dirk will dominate Haslem this year...or whoever they put on him. I am not saying the Mavs will win or lose but saying Haslem will contain him or outplay him is laughable.

DeyAce
05-25-2011, 02:24 AM
We're gonna force a game 7 liek the Blackhawks did

ChitownBears22
05-25-2011, 02:25 AM
Dirk will dominate Haslem this year...or whoever they put on him. I am not saying the Mavs will win or lose but saying Haslem will contain him or outplay him is laughable.

No one said he will shut him out. But Dirk does play alot less efficient against haslem. No one will shut out Dirk.

itsripcity32
05-25-2011, 02:29 AM
This thread would be better if it was made by a non-bulls fan

Kyben36
05-25-2011, 02:30 AM
Long story. Yes, they could win it all, if they catch fire in game 5, with some type of moral to beat the heat that makes them win, yes, then carry that over into game 6 in Miami and somehow win. sudenly, its tied, with homre court.

Short story. NOt realy.

ChitownBears22
05-25-2011, 02:30 AM
This thread would be better if it was made by a non-bulls fan

I don't like the bulls...so mission accomplished

Catfish1314
05-25-2011, 02:36 AM
It's not impossible, but unless a much better version of tonight's Bulls takes the court for Games 5 and 6, then no. Rose has a lot of tape to watch over the summer. He's the superstar and this series (win or lose) really does fall on his shoulders. He just hasn't played very well. In Games 2 and 3, Miami's defense was fantastic. It wasn't as good tonight and Rose was just making careless mistakes and taking too many bad shots.

Jewelz0376
05-25-2011, 02:37 AM
Granted. Dirk is playing Re-Dirkulous............BUT Haslem will be the answer for him. Yes he gives up height to Dirk but he knows where Dirk likes to go. When you know another players tendencies and are able to get to his spot before he does, you win the matchup 8 out of 10 times. He will not shut Dirk down. No one can. He will just mak life uncomfortable for him.

During the '06 Finals Dirk was vey efficient against us the first 2 games. Once Haslem studied tape and learned his tedencies, he was able to make his shots more difficult.

Yea tell that to Collison...because he's knows all of Dirks tendencies and the spots he likes on the floor as well...

Your saying if a defender knows Dirks tendencies they will win the matchup 80% of the time??..uhh no..this is Dirk we're talking about here...not a role player he's probably the toughest matchup in nba history...

Haslem played him well in 06' but that was 5 years ago...I'm sure he and Anthony will defend him well and make him work...but that doesn't mean Dirk won't explode on them...

JB0B0
05-25-2011, 02:43 AM
snowball's chance in hell

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 02:44 AM
I don't like the bulls...so mission accomplished

Then who's your basketball team? I guess you're one of those guys that doesn't like all Chicago sports teams?

shizzle09
05-25-2011, 03:59 AM

Haslem shut Dirk down in the 2006 finals :shrug:

shizzle09
05-25-2011, 04:00 AM
they still have hope. This series isnt over until that clock hits 0:00 with the heat in the lead. Gotta come out fired up Thursday.

BkOriginalOne
05-25-2011, 04:26 AM
Mathematically Yes, Realistically no.
They have to win the next game (and your supposed to win home games). Then steal 1 in Miami (after going 0-2) earlier in the week. And then close out at home - do they have pride and personnel to get it done. Not this year.

YoungOne
05-25-2011, 04:26 AM
not when rose chucks like crap

SportsFanatic10
05-25-2011, 04:51 AM
do they stand a chance? yes but its not a good one. its all but over i'd say now.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-25-2011, 06:04 AM
I will answer two questions in this thread.

Does Chicago stand a chance?

No, Chicago is finished. They do not stand a chance because they just don't have enough offense to beat this Miami team.

The second question I will answer was brought up by someone in this thread regarding a Heat-Mavs finals rematch.

Does Miami have anyone who can guard Dirk?

The answer is no and it is certainly not Udonis Haslem. 5 years ago, Dirk could be defended by smaller defenders, but Dirk has changed his offensive prowess since then. As evidence by these playoffs, you absolutely cannot use a smaller defender to guard Dirk Nowitzki. Haslem is a mere 6 feet 8 inches tall. Dirk will destroy him in the post and simply shoot over him at will.

Haslem might have been able to contain Dirk 5 years ago, but the new Dirk Nowitzki will take advantage of the size mismatch. They are probably better off using Bosh to defend him, although I have a hard time seeing that working out.

Sergio1984
05-25-2011, 06:13 AM
I think we win game 5 and we lost game 6. Either way it doesn't matter anymore. We had to steal one in Miami and I doubt we can take 3 in a row from them at the rate they are playing. I'd be really damn surprised if they take it to 7.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-25-2011, 06:18 AM

So, basically you are saying that Dirk must be doubled or he will take over.

Thats tough to do with all those shooters that Dallas has. And they pass the ball really well.

On the other hand, I guess another question that we must ask is...Can Dallas do anything to stop Lebron?

Marion can't stop him one on one, and you can't double him like they have doubled Durant because you got Wade and Bosh who can kill you.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Yes. Bulls are a very dangerous team. Any team that can play that kind of defense will always have a chance to win games. The series is not over until a team has 4 wins. Right now Miami only has 3 wins... so the series is still alive and kicking.

This was an emotionally draining game for both teams, so expect game 5 to be UGLY... but it could go either way. First one to 85 wins.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't want to get too far ahead of myself....

but someone is pointing out that Miami can't guard Dirk...true

but no one on Dallas can guard Lebron...or Wade... or probably even Bosh...

PHX2daDEATH
05-25-2011, 07:28 AM
NO They are done, if they wanted to go to the Finals they would of went out and found a good reliable shooting guard @ the deadline..Korver crumbled..Brewer and the other guy can't do shh8.. Don't the bulls have Rasual Butler?! Where has he been hurt? I remember the guy could shoot..

btw why not have LeBron guard Dirk? I think he could do it.. If this Finals happens. Id have to painfully go for Dallas just so Marion and Kidd get rings i suppose.

Knickrocketsfan
05-25-2011, 07:49 AM
This series is over Jack. All the hype about Derrick Rose and he goes up in flames. He's a good player but really flamed out this series. The Heat set the blueprint on him by packing in the paint and making him a jumpshooter.

sry but they didnt set the blueprint they just used a different verision of the rondo blueprint

BALLER R
05-25-2011, 08:14 AM

lol so can't people say 06 was 06. dirk in 06 wasn't playing like the dirk in 2011

BALLER R
05-25-2011, 08:20 AM
I don't want to get too far ahead of myself....

but someone is pointing out that Miami can't guard Dirk...true

but no one on Dallas can guard Lebron...or Wade... or probably even Bosh...

anyone remember the defense DeShawn Stevenson use to play on lebron in those wizards/cavs games. plus they can double but the man double is the man guarding one of their bigs. and chandler can guard bosh one on one. also the mavs bench alone can not be contained by anyone on the heat's bench

JDizzle
05-25-2011, 08:27 AM
It be the greatest comeback in nba history. Bulls have looked good the last 2 games yet just cant get it done. Heat are to good. I dont see it happening

BALLER R
05-25-2011, 08:30 AM
sry but they didnt set the blueprint they just used a different verision of the rondo blueprint

and that defense is not gonna work against dallas their gonna have to have a new approach

daleja424
05-25-2011, 08:35 AM
and that defense is not gonna work against dallas their gonna have to have a new approach

and they will...

The HEAT are a top two defensive team in this league and have THE defensive genius on their side... Im pretty sure they will be able to come up with a decent game plan.

PhillyFaninLA
05-25-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm going to say the same thing I said in the OKC/Dallas topic.

Certainly they have a chance, until the Heat win a 4th game the Bulls have a chance. Do they have a good chance certainly not.

jockrider
05-25-2011, 08:53 AM
only if rose doesn't attempt 9 3 pointer again.

nothappyinut
05-25-2011, 09:03 AM

Dude I could not stop laughing when I read this. Though I think dirk is playing on another level then 06. But the bigger question is can anyone on the macs guard lebron. Can anyone on the mavs guard wade. I think it will be a good match up. But Chicago you are though time to raise the white flags. Hey I was wondering from a Utah jazz fan to a bulls fan don't you just hate boozer. The dude is overpaid over hyped and over played.

Underrated Wade
05-25-2011, 09:04 AM
As long as rose is averaging 33% from the field like he is doing now, no

ChitownSports16
05-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Homer pick... YES!

Jkid56
05-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Yea tell that to Collison...because he's knows all of Dirks tendencies and the spots he likes on the floor as well...

Your saying if a defender knows Dirks tendencies they will win the matchup 80% of the time??..uhh no..this is Dirk we're talking about here...not a role player he's probably the toughest matchup in nba history...

Haslem played him well in 06' but that was 5 years ago...I'm sure he and Anthony will defend him well and make him work...but that doesn't mean Dirk won't explode on them...

Dirk WILL explode on us. Dare i say explode on us more than once. But you are missing the point. Yes, Haslem IS five years older. But he IS also alot fresher than Dirk. Dirk is not weak BUT he has gone through an entire season PLUS 12+ games of playoffs. Fatigue will eventually catch up to him. Besides, this Heat team does not guard one on one. Its a TEAM defense. Ask D-Rose how many defenders have guarded him on just ONE poessesion.

GoferKing_
05-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Sadlly no.

mttwlsn16
05-25-2011, 10:57 AM
lol no

Tha Truth
05-25-2011, 11:00 AM
You gotta love the optimism of the people that said "Yes".

Those are some real DIEHARD fans. I'm the same way with my Raptors so I'm not mad at that.

But realistically, there is no way the Bulls beat the Heat three times straight.

AntiG
05-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes.

http://youtu.be/gqdNe8u-Jsg

jneises21
05-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Dirk WILL explode on us. Dare i say explode on us more than once. But you are missing the point. Yes, Haslem IS five years older. But he IS also alot fresher than Dirk. Dirk is not weak BUT he has gone through an entire season PLUS 12+ games of playoffs. Fatigue will eventually catch up to him. Besides, this Heat team does not guard one on one. Its a TEAM defense. Ask D-Rose how many defenders have guarded him on just ONE poessesion.

Think Lebron will guard Dirk at all?

midwestmadman
05-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Of course it's possible, but it isn't likely. Last night was thier must win game. Anything can happen but they really **** the bed last night, I doub tthey can overcome it. Having said that Miami has won three straight games and after seeing game 1 who would have thought Miami was capable of winning three straight games (not very many if any). Game 5 still has to be played, and if the Bulls can win and then Survive a game 6 on the road (not likely but if) then who says they can't win a game 7 at home? Not gonna bet, but yes it is possible.

omdigga
05-25-2011, 11:47 AM
it aint over till its over.. the bulls arent gonna give up, so they still have a chance..

midwestmadman
05-25-2011, 11:47 AM
only if rose doesn't attempt 9 3 pointer again.

Thank you! Oh my god, that feeds right into Miami's offense. Chicago misses so many 3's that it starts the break for Miami. The Bulls shoot themselves out of the game when they marry that 3 point line.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Stick a fork in 'em. They done!

Heater4life
05-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Think Lebron will guard Dirk at all?

I think lebron has to worry about D Rose and Deng before he starts guarding Dirk.

3-1 series lead, this aint over folks.

Slimsim
05-25-2011, 11:52 AM
THey have a better chance than OKC Durant look emotionally Out of it D rose who i think is a emotionless Assassin would do or die in game 5

AB1984
05-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm still holding onto some hope. If we can take care of business at home in game 5 i think it puts alot of pressure on miami to win at home in game 6. So i think there's some chance we come back.

Me and Mr. T
05-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Wait you mean the series isn't over? The way the Heat fans/players were celebrating last night I thought they won the championship already lol

camador22
05-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Wait you mean the series isn't over? The way the Heat fans/players were celebrating last night I thought they won the championship already lol

They did in the championship after they beat the celtics. They celebrated then because everything else would be easy as it is

Me and Mr. T
05-25-2011, 12:11 PM
They did in the championship after they beat the celtics. They celebrated then because everything else would be easy as it is

Easy? After game 1 against the Bulls people on here were talking about a sweep lol. They aren't dominating the Bulls at all. The Bulls have shot horrible and that's why the Heat have beaten them the past couple of games. They still have to beat them one more time and then beat the Thunder or Mavs. Everyone's crowned them champs since "the decision" but there is still a lot of basketball left to play.

SchyGuy11
05-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Honestly yes they have a chance. A win Thursday at home(very possible) makes the series 3-2. That could give them the confidence to play their ***es off in Miami. Steal a win there and anything could happen in game 7 in Chicago.

KB24Mamba
05-25-2011, 01:11 PM
if the bulls can rattle off a win in game 5 at home and close out a game like they shouldve in game 4 and win game 6 in miami, it could put miami in panic mode/on their heels and the bulls possibly having some confidence and game 7 at the madhouse.....If it goes game 7 it could favor chicago, but can't count out Bron, Wade, and Bosh

itsripcity32
05-25-2011, 01:12 PM
guys... the bulls are ****ed :(

Luxy312
05-25-2011, 01:52 PM
The Bulls are playing stupid. I don't think I've ever seen as many poorly executed rushed jump shots. They're not getting into the paint at all. I think they're done.

justinnum1
05-25-2011, 01:54 PM
The only possible way chicago can win another game is to get at least 30+ 2nd chance points. But Miami just has a dominant defense, nothing is easy in the half court.

SoxBearsBulls!
05-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Next season.

lol, you're the guy who jumped ship after gm 1, you shouldn't be talking:facepalm:

True Heat fans know you're just a bandwagon jumper.

Witness06
05-25-2011, 03:07 PM
No its over. The D. Rose version of the Bulls is the same as the Lebron James version of the Cavs. Great team defense and And the MVP. Just like the Cavs facing the big three in Boston the Bulls are facing the Big three in Miami. One guy can only get you so far. Unless Rose gets some real help they will have the same results.

As far as Dallas and Dirk.....No one will stop Dirk, great players get theirs, Miami has the team Defense to stop the other guys and With The Big three they have the fire power to outscore Dirk. They will play team Defense and bet that Dirk cannot beat the James/Wade scoring Duo

ATX
05-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Easy? After game 1 against the Bulls people on here were talking about a sweep lol. They aren't dominating the Bulls at all. The Bulls have shot horrible and that's why the Heat have beaten them the past couple of games. They still have to beat them one more time and then beat the Thunder or Mavs. Everyone's crowned them champs since "the decision" but there is still a lot of basketball left to play.

The minority of people who were talking about the Heat getting swept were just overcome by the emotion of one game of the series. This series has been a dogfight for the most part, except for the last few minutes of each game...When dare I say, the true MVP stepped up and helped his team to gut out the W's and take control of this series. While Rose on the other hand has disappeared in late game situations in this series. Granted, I give him a slight benefit of the doubt, due to his youth and inexperience on this stage. However he did win the leagues MVP, and If he's going to get all the praise and be crowned by the vast majority of Bulls fans as THE best player in the NBA, then he certainly deserves some of the blame here. He needs help, he can't do all alone...

You say the Heat have beaten the Bulls because the Bulls shot horribly for three straight playoff games in a row? Maybe that has something to do with the elite level of defense the Heat has played over the course of the last three games. One game, sure, two maybe, but three losses in a row can't be attributed to the Bulls "Lack of...", unless your going to suck it up, and give the Miami Heat some credit for outplaying Chicago. Let's stop with the excuses.

I fully expect another dogfight tomorrow night in game 5, as this Chicago team has a lot of pride and fight in them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win at home, but I would indeed, fully expect the Heat to close out the series in Miami in game 6.

SoxBearsBulls!
05-25-2011, 03:14 PM
They'll win gm 5 and maybe have a dogfight in gm 6 but unfortunately Miami wins at home.

northsider
05-25-2011, 03:28 PM
They stand a chance as long as there is still basketball left to play.

fin_frenzy_84
05-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Nah. We need consistent scorer in the paint.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-25-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm honestly not at all surprised by Miami being up 3-1. In fact, I predicted the Heat in 5 before the series began (although I said it could go 6 because Chi had HCA). And I see no reason to change based on the way both teams are playing. I do think the Bulls could win game 5 though but no way this series goes to a game 7.

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Nah. We need consistent scorer in the paint.

more like another creater/ball handler to take the pressure off rose...no way miami could double & trap him like they are doing now...a good SG would end that.

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm honestly not at all surprised by Miami being up 3-1. In fact, I predicted the Heat in 5 before the series began (although I said it could go 6 because Chi had HCA). And I see no reason to change based on the way both teams are playing. I do think the Bulls could win game 5 though but no way this series goes to a game 7.

We can definitely get this to a Game 7... we've proved we can win Miami, but we can't close out the fourth quarter. We were one shot away from winning the game yesterday, and we all would be talking something different instead of the Bulls failures. Remember... we have TWO possible home games and Miami only has ONE... and I know, in my opinion, we can win in Miami if we force a Game 6. That's just my gut though as I really have no evidence to back it up, haha.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 03:51 PM
its hard to say that a team CANT do something like this... but only 8 out of 200 have done it.. that says something

Me and Mr. T
05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
The minority of people who were talking about the Heat getting swept were just overcome by the emotion of one game of the series. This series has been a dogfight for the most part, except for the last few minutes of each game...When dare I say, the true MVP stepped up and helped his team to gut out the W's and take control of this series. While Rose on the other hand has disappeared in late game situations in this series. Granted, I give him a slight benefit of the doubt, due to his youth and inexperience on this stage. However he did win the leagues MVP, and If he's going to get all the praise and be crowned by the vast majority of Bulls fans as THE best player in the NBA, then he certainly deserves some of the blame here. He needs help, he can't do all alone...

You say the Heat have beaten the Bulls because the Bulls shot horribly for three straight playoff games in a row? Maybe that has something to do with the elite level of defense the Heat has played over the course of the last three games. One game, sure, two maybe, but three losses in a row can't be attributed to the Bulls "Lack of...", unless your going to suck it up, and give the Miami Heat some credit for outplaying Chicago. Let's stop with the excuses.

I fully expect another dogfight tomorrow night in game 5, as this Chicago team has a lot of pride and fight in them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win at home, but I would indeed, fully expect the Heat to close out the series in Miami in game 6.

Excuses? Granted Miami has played good D, here is what the Bulls have shot in all four games:

Game 4: 34.1%
Game 3: 41.6%
Game 2: 40.2%
Game 1: 43%

I'm not going to even list the 3pt percentage it's so pathetic. If the Bulls would just hit their shots it wouldn't be 3-1 right now. It's not excuses, it's fact!

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Excuses? Granted Miami has played good D, here is what the Bulls have shot in all four games:

Game 4: 34.1%
Game 3: 41.6%
Game 2: 40.2%
Game 1: 43%

I'm not going to even list the 3pt percentage it's so pathetic. If the Bulls would just hit their shots it wouldn't be 3-1 right now. It's not excuses, it's fact!

Well that's thing... we were 10-21 from three in the first game and we won. Since then... yeah, it's been pretty pathetic. 3-20 in Game 2 (15%), 5-12 Game 3 (not bad, 41%), and last night, 6-24 (25%). So besides Game 3, where we actually didn't shoot enough three's, we've lost each game. We need to hit our three's as it opens up the lanes for Rose to drive and then the Heat players have to respect the Bulls shooters if their hitting their three's. Right now, the Heat don't respect the Bulls shooters as their confident they won't hit their shots right now.

six
05-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Yes Bulls can come back. If Bulls can sweep the heat and beat them 3-0 during the regular season, they can do it in the playoffs. Lebron will choke and Bulls will win 4-3.

Bulls could of had the game last night, but Rose missed the last shot sending the game to overtime. If anything it should be 2-2 now. It's a close series even if it doesn't seem that way.

Me and Mr. T
05-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Well that's thing... we were 10-21 from three in the first game and we won. Since then... yeah, it's been pretty pathetic. 3-20 in Game 2 (15%), 5-12 Game 3 (not bad, 41%), and last night, 6-24 (25%). So besides Game 3, where we actually didn't shoot enough three's, we've lost each game. We need to hit our three's as it opens up the lanes for Rose to drive and then the Heat players have to respect the Bulls shooters if their hitting their three's. Right now, the Heat don't respect the Bulls shooters as their confident they won't hit their shots right now.

Exactly! It just amazes me how I got called out for making excuses. Anyone who looks at the stats can see why they lost. They don't even have to watch the game lol

MiamiWadeCounty
05-25-2011, 04:13 PM
I think they have a better chance then most teams. They can definitely win one game at home in game 5 (60% chance imo). Then they could try and steal win in Miami with the pressure on the Heat (50% chance imo). Then at home again in Game 7 it could go either way (60 chance imo). So overall (6/10) * (5/10) * (6/10) = 9/50. So in conclusion, the Bulls in my opinion have an 18% chance to win this series. :D

midwestmadman
05-25-2011, 04:13 PM
This series has really showed how much Chicago needs another offensive weapon at the 2 spot, without losing the D that Bogans provides. Who are the FAs this year I haven't been paying as much attention as I have in years past. IF Detroit buys out Rip Hamilton, he would be a great fit in Chicago running off screens and getting open but I wouldn't trade anything for him with that awful contract he has.

ATX
05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Exactly! It just amazes me how I got called out for making excuses. Anyone who looks at the stats can see why they lost. They don't even have to watch the game lol

...And you seriously think that the defensive play of the Heat has had nothing to do with Chicago's atrocious shooting? Still people can give absolutely no credit to the Heat...

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 04:22 PM
...And you seriously think that the defensive play of the Heat has had nothing to do with Chicago's atrocious shooting? Still people can give absolutely no credit to the Heat...

Give Miami credit, but don't act like they completely shut the Bulls down when the Bulls had at least 5-8 open looks from three, especially Bogans who had at least 3 open looks.

Me and Mr. T
05-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Did you read what I wrote? I said the D had "something" to do with it, but if you aren't hitting your shots you aren't going to beat anyone. Most of those missed threes the Bulls had weren't with guys in their face so that whole great defense you're talking about gets thrown out of the equation.

Redbull
05-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I still think we have a shot, the odds are not looking very good right now but IF we win game 5 at home even though the Heat are up 3-2 the pressure is on them again because we have shown we can compete in Miami and they don't want this going to a game 7 because that would just be a coin flip.

justinnum1
05-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Yes Bulls can come back. If Bulls can sweep the heat and beat them 3-0 during the regular season, they can do it in the playoffs. Lebron will choke and Bulls will win 4-3.

Bulls could of had the game last night, but Rose missed the last shot sending the game to overtime. If anything it should be 2-2 now. It's a close series even if it doesn't seem that way.

Regular season means nothing

midwestmadman
05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Did you read what I wrote? I said the D had "something" to do with it, but if you aren't hitting your shots you aren't going to beat anyone. Most of those missed threes the Bulls had weren't with guys in their face so that whole great defense you're talking about gets thrown out of the equation.

I'd have to agree at least 6 of the missed 3's were uncontested, many of the other misses were pull up shots on the break with little defensive pressure, and when Chicago has missed these shots it has given the fast break opportuinities to Miami. Somehow though Chicago had more fast break points last night. Miami however had like 38 FT attemtps! Tough to win if the other team is getting to the line that often.

ATX
05-25-2011, 04:36 PM

Well then, from your arguments on why Chicago has lost, one could infer that Chicago just isn't as good as they were made out to be. Like I said, three games in a row is a stretch to blame on "Off nights" Perhaps, they just need some better players? Players who can hit those big game shots. I just can't believe that even now, after being down 3 games to 1 that Bulls fans still can't accept that maybe Miami has just been the better of the two teams during this series. One more Miami win, and it'll be a shut case. Though I'll fully expect to hear a mountain size load of excuses such as this or the classic..."Refs" and the "League is fixed".

jp611
05-25-2011, 04:37 PM
I doubt it, but anything can happen, all the Bulls can do now is just take it one game at a time... If they win tomorrow, they're still in it

Me and Mr. T
05-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Well then, from your arguments on why Chicago has lost, one could infer that Chicago just isn't as good as they were made out to be. Like I said, three games in a row is a stretch to blame on "Off nights" Perhaps, they just need some better players? Players who can hit those big game shots. I just can't believe that even now, after being down 3 games to 1 that Bulls fans still can't accept that maybe Miami has just been the better of the two teams during this series. One more Miami win, and it'll be a shut case. Though I'll fully expect to hear a mountain size load of excuses such as this or the classic..."Refs" and the "League is fixed".

Not once have I ever said the league is fixed or it's all the refs fault so please don't lump me in with anyone who did. Chicago is as good as they're made out to be. The bottom line is they just haven't played as well as they should have missing a ton of shots. That's it in a nut shell. Call it excuses, but the stats don't lie.

godolphins
05-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Anything is possible especially when two of the next three games is at Chicago

SoxBearsBulls!
05-25-2011, 05:07 PM
I think they have a better chance then most teams. They can definitely win one game at home in game 5 (60% chance imo). Then they could try and steal win in Miami with the pressure on the Heat (50% chance imo). Then at home again in Game 7 it could go either way (60 chance imo). So overall (6/10) * (5/10) * (6/10) = 9/50. So in conclusion, the Bulls in my opinion have an 18% chance to win this series. :D

I'll take it, 18% better than 0%:p

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell no!!!!

JasonJohnHorn
05-25-2011, 05:20 PM
These guys have been winning three in a row all season. They have been winning at home all season. They have even been known to win a few on the road.

So yeah. The door is open until its closed, and it aint close yet. We'll see just how far this kid R-Rose has come in his brief time. Even if they lose though, you know what, all these guys are SO young, they got something really special to build on this year. This season has been great for them.

itsripcity32
05-25-2011, 06:19 PM
0% chance of winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

northsider
05-25-2011, 06:22 PM
0% chance of winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I don't think I have seen you offer ANYTHING to this forum other then bashing Rose and the Bulls.

This is a big reason the NBA forum is a joke. Children run wild and say and do what they please. I understand you hate Rose and the Bulls and it is totally fin but, don't you ever get tired of acting like a douche?

itsripcity32
05-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't think I have seen you offer ANYTHING to this forum other then bashing Rose and the Bulls.

This is a big reason the NBA forum is a joke. Children run wild and say and do what they please. I understand you hate Rose and the Bulls and it is totally fin but, don't you ever get tired of acting like a douche?

no need to be mean :(. i contribute to the pistons forum and i offer intelligence to the game threads :)

northsider
05-25-2011, 06:40 PM
no need to be mean :(. i contribute to the pistons forum and i offer intelligence to the game threads :)

To each his own and you are entitled to say and do whatever you want but, I just think it would get old. It really was a serious question though cause as soon as I see your name with anything Bulls related I can guarantee it is a bashing post or just something to get under Bulls fans skin.

Jonnyiscool222
05-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Technically they do but , Realistically they dont !!!!!

ATX
05-25-2011, 07:10 PM

Hell no!!!!

:confused:

Huh? Japanese.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 07:32 PM

no they don't. dirk is going to light up the heat.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 07:34 PM

Hell no!!!!

:laugh:Japanese You didn't do to well in history huh? Just busting your balls man.

championships
05-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Sadly, I don't think they can :sigh:

TheRunKiller
05-25-2011, 08:02 PM
It's going to be hard to beat the refs 3 games in a row

RZZZA
05-25-2011, 08:53 PM

:clap:

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Jeez... no wonder Bulls fans get a bad rep around here... if the Bulls were up 3-1 and the Heat fans would be complaining about the refs, you would tell them to stop complaining... SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REFS ALREADY!

ATX
05-25-2011, 09:03 PM

Your a disgrace to good Bulls posters. Why not try and find a way to beat the Heat, rather than just blaming the officials every time the Bulls lose.

Kinglorious
05-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I think Chicago will win Game 5, but that might be it. I hope they come back. Nevertheless, helluva first season for Coach Tom.

RZZZA
05-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Jeez... no wonder Bulls fans get a bad rep around here... if the Bulls were up 3-1 and the Heat fans would be complaining about the refs, you would tell them to stop complaining... SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REFS ALREADY!

personally I wouldn't say that. If Heat fans made a good case for biased officiating I'd hear them out. A good case can be made that the refs have been favoring the Heat in the last 3 games. Not only Bulls fans think this, either.

gotoHcarolina52
05-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Just win, baby!

DROSE4MVP
05-25-2011, 09:19 PM
personally I wouldn't say that. If Heat fans made a good case for biased officiating I'd hear them out. A good case can be made that the refs have been favoring the Heat in the last 3 games. Not only Bulls fans think this, either.

It's fine that people think that the refs favor the Heat, as I've heard that all year, but to use it as an EXCUSE for these games gets irritating and I'm a Bulls fan. Like I said, it's fine if you can make a good case, but I really haven't heard any Bulls fan make a good case, yet. The Heat outplayed the Bulls in Game 3, Rose was the main reason we lost last night. I'll admit... the ticky-tack fouls in Game 2 to begin the second quarter may of changed the series as we were on the verge to blow them out, but those fouls completely ruined the momentum we have. I'll admit that, no doubt.

RZZZA
05-25-2011, 09:22 PM
A good case can be made for bias yesterday too. I mean this heat team gets the star calls we used to get, when we played inferior teams. If a heat player flops its a trip to the line. if we get a touch foul or a flop though its rarely being called.

We sunk more fg's and 3's, outrebounded them and outscored them in the paint yesterday but still lost...partly because of the calls

Hiphopopotamus
05-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Sure, they can. They have to win one at a time and let the chips fall where they may. That being said, there were some bad ref moments, but the Heat have just outplayed us. The Bulls have to step it up.

ATX
05-25-2011, 09:27 PM

Actually on the contrary, most non Bulls and non Heat hater comments I've read have debunked the whole blaming the refs thing for the Bulls lack of execution. In fact, most of the most well respected posters have been arguing against the refs excuse after each Bulls loss. Hell, even a lot of Bulls fans have been able accept it in stride, and even give the Heat credit for the first time all year. I'm not about to get into this refs thing with you though. You've made it abundantly clear you believe in the conspiracy theory that the NBA is rigged and that Stern is gifting the Heat a Ship via the officials...Ridiculous as it is.

gotoHcarolina52
05-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Excuses aren't going to make your team any better, nor are they going to make this a 7-game series. Stop complaining and face reality: the better team is leading the series.

mdm692
05-25-2011, 09:41 PM

re watch the 06 finals and tell me if theres a player from the mavs thats playin 10x better this year like he is out of this worl

Hint: his name rhymes with tulowitski

RZZZA
05-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Actually on the contrary, most non Bulls and non Heat hater comments I've read have debunked the whole blaming the refs thing for the Bulls lack of execution. In fact, most of the most well respected posters have been arguing against the refs excuse after each Bulls loss. Hell, even a lot of Bulls fans have been able accept it in stride, and even give the Heat credit for the first time all year. I'm not about to get into this refs thing with you though. You've made it abundantly clear you believe in the conspiracy theory that the NBA is rigged and that Stern is gifting the Heat a Ship via the officials...Ridiculous as it is.

execution has nothing to do with the type of fouls called against you or in your favor

Bulls outscored the heat almost 2-1 in the paint yesterday but somehow the heat had almost twice as many fta's.

riddle me this, debunk me that. Star players get star calls and the entire heat team is benefiting from that

jockrider
05-25-2011, 09:56 PM
A good case can be made for bias yesterday too. I mean this heat team gets the star calls we used to get, when we played inferior teams. If a heat player flops its a trip to the line. if we get a touch foul or a flop though its rarely being called.

We sunk more fg's and 3's, outrebounded them and outscored them in the paint yesterday but still lost...partly because of the calls

lmao yeah you hit more threes one more to be exact.but attempted 11 more that was a pathetic display of 3 point shooting last night.

also if the game was rigged can you tell me why the refs would call an offensive foul on lebron to give them the ball with 8 ticks left?

makes no sense since lebron gets away with that kind of stuff a lot in his career. perfect opportunity for them to get the win right there

you outscored them in the paint off of offensive rebounds and the fact nothing from the outside was falling.

you are so completely blinded by the this whole conspiracy thing that you will not let yourself believe the heat are better no matter what.

this coming from a raptors fan who hates rupaul with all his heart the heat are simply better

gotoHcarolina52
05-25-2011, 09:56 PM
re watch the 06 finals and tell me if theres a player from the mavs thats playin 10x better this year like he is out of this worl

Hint: his name rhymes with tulowitski

re-watch the 06 finals and tell me if you see a player on the HEAT roster that has a legitimate claim to being the best player on the planet. Don't see him? That's because he's not there.

Hint: no need to play this rhyming ****. You damn well know who I'm talking about.

gotoHcarolina52
05-25-2011, 09:58 PM
lmao yeah you hit more threes one more to be exact.but attempted 11 more that was a pathetic display of 3 point shooting last night.

also if the game was rigged can you tell me why the refs would call an offensive foul on lebron to give them the ball with 8 ticks left?

makes no sense since lebron gets away with that kind of stuff a lot in his career. perfect opportunity for them to get the win right there

you outscored them in the paint off of offensive rebounds and the fact nothing from the outside was falling.

you are so completely blinded by the this whole conspiracy thing that you will not let yourself believe the heat are better no matter what.

this coming from a raptors fan who hates rupaul with all his heart the heat are simply better

Solid post.

mdm692
05-25-2011, 10:04 PM
I do now his name is nowitzki

RZZZA
05-25-2011, 10:04 PM

Can you tell me why the Heat shot almost twice as many ft's as us despite being outscored in the paint by almost twice as much? I'll answer your question with another question, since rhetorical questions seem to be all the rage right now.

rig is such an ugly word...I prefer favor

That being said, we had our chances to win and blew it. Heat outplayed us and their defense has really impressed me. thats as much credit as I'm gonna give the heat and that should be enough.

better team? I refuse to call them that

mdm692
05-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Hate all you want and i do hate him but as good as bron has been nowitzki has been that much better

Baller1
05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I'll say yes because they have home court, but I think Miami is going to finish it in 6.

Kyben36
05-25-2011, 10:12 PM
refs havnt hendered the bulls to the point that I expected, I would like to see rose get some more calls, but you cant expect it on their court. fact is, Bulls have had very bad offensive exicutioln. we have had the heat right where we want them every game till the 4th, every game we where ahead or in it. our lack of late game exicution has killed us.

jockrider
05-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Can you tell me why the Heat shot almost twice as many ft's as us despite being outscored in the paint by almost twice as much? I'll answer your question with another question, since rhetorical questions seem to be all the rage right now.

That being said, we had our chances to win and blew it. Heat outplayed us and their defense has really impressed me. thats as much credit as I'm gonna give the heat and that should be enough.

it's true, too young,too inexperienced.

and because you couldn't hit anything from the outside so most of your points were uncontested dunks and put backs offensive boards and floaters in the lane the reason why you attempted more FG's than them. and you got 26 points of turnovers 11 more than them. also

Solid post.

mavericks on the other hand.would mop you guys.

gotoHcarolina52
05-25-2011, 10:32 PM
execution has nothing to do with the type of fouls called against you or in your favor

Bulls outscored the heat almost 2-1 in the paint yesterday but somehow the heat had almost twice as many fta's.

riddle me this, debunk me that. Star players get star calls and the entire heat team is benefiting from that

If you get smacked and fouled in the paint while driving to the basket, you're not going to have as many "points in the paint" as the players who drive but don't get fouled.

Riddle resolved.

fishfan79
05-25-2011, 10:36 PM
it is possible, always possible but very very unlikely

theheatles
05-25-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFyAqLtHq8