PDA

View Full Version : Is there any question who the real MVP is?

poleandreel
05-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Lebron has showed over and over why he is the MVP in these playoffs.

He is closing out games.
He has taken on the role of facilitator as well as scorer when he needs too.
He hustles for everything and plays LOCKDOWN defense.

He leads the playoffs in win shares and has one of the best defensive ratings as well as offensive.

Miami would not win anything without him and he has shown how much the Heat need him.

Rose won because he was the best player on the best team and had an amazing year but Lebron is just the absolute MVP

jneises21
05-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Rose is MVP of regular season, Bron Bron on the whole year

BirdIsTheWord
Dirk Nowitzki.

TheHighLife
If LeBron stayed in Cleveland he probably would have gotten MVP. Nowitzki is definitely showing he can be MVP and I'm surprised he wasn't in the running.

210Don
05-24-2011, 11:52 PM
smh...

heyman321
05-24-2011, 11:55 PM
If LeBron stayed in Cleveland he probably would have gotten MVP. Nowitzki is definitely showing he can be MVP and I'm surprised he wasn't in the running.

It's because he was injured for a stretch of the season and Dallas went like 2-10, which really should have added to his MVP case more.

But no doubt Lebron has been the MVP of the reg season and playoffs together, but I'd still give it to Dirk for the playoffs, for the mere reason he willed the Mavs to a couple of wins. It's going to be an awesome finals.

Jewelz0376
If you go off the playoffs Dirk is mvp...not Lebron

ManRam
Look...I'd never say Rose was better than LeBron, but he deserved the MVP over him and even Dwight. His team was better, he had less help (arguably in ORL's case).

The MVP award doesn't equate best player...and if you keep that in mind, then whatever. MVP is an award that favors players on the right team (no other superstars and great records/coming out of nowhere).

It's an award that doesn't go to the best player half the time.

Jewelz0376
All Lebron is doing is proving he's the better player and I think everyone already knew that

Sixerlover
05-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Lebron had the better individual numbers in the regular season, but Rose's team had

A. The better record
B. The better head to head matchup
C. Less talent

Obviously Lebron is much better than Rose, but after the decision mayhem AND Rose's incredible season, no chance Lebron was going to win MVP. Rose WAS the regular season MVP. Playoffs, different story.

SteveNash
05-24-2011, 11:56 PM
LeBron outplaying Rose isn't reason enough to question MVP vote. LeBron outplaying Rose and NOBODY BEING SURPRISED, on the other hand ...

shep33
05-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Dirk Nowitzki.

this

Fnom11
05-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Rose is still worth more to the Bulls than Lebron to the Heat. That's not saying Rose is better, because he's not. I however think if Lebron wasn't hated he would've been MVP.

SteveNash
05-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Look...I'd never say Rose was better than LeBron, but he deserved the MVP over him and even Dwight. His team was better, he had less help (arguably in ORL's case).

The MVP award doesn't equate best player...and if you keep that in mind, then whatever. MVP is an award that favors players on the right team (no other superstars and great records/coming out of nowhere).

Rose has had more help than anyone else. That's why Rose can play so terribly and the Bulls still having a chance to win.

hyb152
05-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Lebron > Rose

hyb152
05-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Lebron is the REAL mvp whether u like him or not. Much respect to Rose too.

mttwlsn16
baron davis for freeing up clipper cap room.

side note, i dont expect this thread to be open long

Meloman
I've been rethinking the MVP tonight, but I still wouldn't give it LeBron, I'd give it to Dwight. I just can't consider Rose an MVP after tonight. I give Dwight the edge because if he had competent teammates I think he beats the Bulls just like LeBron did, he's just playing with one of the biggest collections of garbage in recent memory. The fact that he destroyed the Hawks but still lost the series proves that. I think they are both more deserving candidates than Rose at this point, but I'd give it to Dwight.

buch88
Lebron>Rose

northsider
05-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Well it was Rose in the regular season.

But in the Playoffs it has been Dirk.

TheHighLife
05-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Nowitzki > LeBron > Rose

JordanPippen
You look at the team collectively. You probably have the 1 and 2 best player's in the league in Miami. How can you give a most valuable player award to one of them?

Most valuable to his team this year was Derrick Rose, because without him, the Bulls would be struggling to make the playoffs

Yanks All Day
If the MVP was given to the best player in the league, then they would have to change the trophy's name to "the LeBron James Award" for the next 7-10 years. Rose's team had a better record, and most importantly the media got behind him, so he won the MVP. Can't really disagree because of the success he had this year, but still think Bron had a better season than Rose and is clearly the better player.

Duddy
05-25-2011, 12:08 AM

How the hell u say that it's arguable? U take rose out of Chicago and they r still a playoff team. U take howard out of the Magic and they become one of the worst teams in the league

Bulls_fan90
05-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Dirk.

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Lebron needs 2 all-stars to win...

Sixerlover
05-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Lebron needs 2 all-stars to win...

So did Duncan. And Bird. And Magic. Kobe needed a superstar. Russel needed 2 other all stars. And West.

Next argument?

SeoulBeatz
05-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Lebron had the better individual numbers in the regular season, but Rose's team had

A. The better record
C. Less talent

Obviously Lebron is much better than Rose, but after the decision mayhem AND Rose's incredible season, no chance Lebron was going to win MVP. Rose WAS the regular season MVP. Playoffs, different story.

couldn't agree more. sixers all day

and yes, dirk is the MVP of the playoffs folks.

beasted86
05-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Just stop, Rose was the MVP of the regular season for good reasoning. He deserved that regular season award.

But like LeBron proved in Cleveland 2 years in a row... that award means NOTHING when playoff time comes.

poleandreel
05-25-2011, 12:13 AM
why do people say rose has no help? he shot 27 shots tonight, had 23 points, 7 turnovers and his team sent a team with 3 superstars to over time.

Rose has the help of the leagues best defense, carlos boozer, deng.

The whole argument for rose as the mvp was that he didnt have boozer...well he has him now and people just say he sucks. make up your mind

MagicBucsSox
05-25-2011, 12:14 AM
How the hell u say that it's arguable? U take rose out of Chicago and they r still a playoff team. U take howard out of the Magic and they become one of the worst teams in the league

Don't mind him. He's a cool guy n like him but he does that time to time.

Dwight is a 2012 Bentley stuck on a Kia dealership.

Tuck&Rolle
05-25-2011, 12:17 AM
lol one playoff series does not dictate who the mvp of the season was :facepalm:

Ebbs
05-25-2011, 12:17 AM
regular season should have been dwight. Playoffs should be dirk.

ne3xchamps
05-25-2011, 12:18 AM
didn't take long for this ****ing thread to show up. NBA forum is AWESOME. :rolleyes:

Knicks21
05-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Rose is the MVP no doubt. When he doesnt perform well, the bulls dont.
But Lebron is the best player in the league no doubt.

ElMarroAfamado
05-25-2011, 12:24 AM
The Refs. They came through huge tonight allowing Lebrick to travel on the last shot or "Dagger" that closed out the game. They deserve it.

gotoHcarolina52
05-25-2011, 12:24 AM
LeBron makes Rose look like an amateur. Did you hear his post-game interview with Craig Sager? LeBron on Rose: "The MVP . . . HA!"

king4day
05-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Real MVP or MVP of the playoffs?

Playoffs, I still have Dirk ahead of him simply cuz u have another superstar (Wade) and Bosh to take away some of the defensive schemes used to defend lebron.

Dirk is the only scoring big the Mavs have and he still finds a way.

Regular season it was still Rose. Let's not get carried away because Lebron is having a breakout playoffs.

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Rose was the MVP of the regular season

Dirk is the MVP of the playoffs

LeBron is the best player in the league

there, problem solved

The Flash
05-25-2011, 12:35 AM

there, problem solved

lol gotta get everyone happy

tredigs
05-25-2011, 12:41 AM

He is closing out games.

He leads the playoffs in win shares and has one of the best defensive ratings as well as offensive.

Miami would not win anything without him and he has shown how much the Heat need him.

Rose won because he was the best player on the best team and had an amazing year but Lebron is just the absolute MVP

You type this up as if there's some kind of debate as to who the better player is?

Lebron's an ALL TIME great in his prime. D. Rose is a massively overhyped young PG who is in way over his head in these playoffs. Still a massive talent in his own right, but not even close to the league of a guy like Lebron. These games should surprise no one who doesn't get caught up in the flavor de jour. Definitely don't surprise me.

That all said, Rose still should have been at the very least a serious candidate for MVP - if not the MVP IMO. I probably would have voted for him, although I don't consider him a top 8 player in the league.

playaman

He is closing out games.

Rose won because he was the best player that carried his team to the best record on his own shoulders. He didn't have 2 other superstars to help. James is the best player in the league but that doesnt always win you an MVP for every season, if it did MJ would have won the MVP like 13 times.... :D

JordansBulls

He is closing out games.

No, Lebron is playing with a proven winner a guy who has won as the man already. Rose doesn't have that. Give him a Kobe or Dwight to play with and it would be the same as Lebron having Wade.

Stuckey#3
05-25-2011, 12:44 AM

He is closing out games.

So you're saying Dwight Howard should have been MVP?

tredigs
05-25-2011, 12:47 AM
No, Lebron is playing with a proven winner a guy who has won as the man already. Rose doesn't have that. Give him a Kobe or Dwight to play with and it would be the same as Lebron having Wade.

So he could ride Kobe or Dwight like he rode Durant to gold in the World Championships this summer?

The difference is that Lebron is the best player on the team, and the leader of the team. Wade has been the third best player on their team in this series.

Chicagofaithful
nope. I am unequivocally convinced it is Derrick Rose, give him wade and bosh and he will shine bright. Thanks for the thread though!

Sadds The Gr8
Every team needs at least two to win dumb :moon:

So did Duncan. And Bird. And Magic. Kobe needed a superstar. Russel needed 2 other all stars. And West.

Next argument?

Duncan and Bird had the 2nd best player in the league on their teams? i never knew that

Raph12
05-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Season - Dwight
Playoffs - Dirk

11-26FG and 3-8 in 4th/OT isn't really closing the game out (although he was better in Game 2/3)... He's played well in two of the four games against the Bulls.
He's the facilitator only because he's much more ineffective off-ball than Wade is.
His defense has been questionable, he only plays lockdown defense when he wants to (even then he gives up the jumper all the time).

He's tied for WS48 with Dirk, he doesn't rank in the Top 10 for Orat and is only 8th for Drat.

Miami would still be great without him because Wade could take over, people forget that Wade is out of his element by playing off-ball.

Lebron wasn't deserving of MVP during the regular season as Dwight's numbers were just as good and only a few games back, but with much less help. He's not deserving of MVP for the playoffs because Dirk is just beasting.

He's still the best player in the league, but he's not deserving of any MVP award this season... Maybe MVP of his team, that's about it.

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2011, 12:49 AM
season - dwight
playoffs - dirk

11-26fg and 3-8 in 4th/ot isn't really closing the game out (although he was better in game 2/3).
He's the facilitator only because he's much more ineffective off-ball than wade is.
His defense has been questionable, he only plays lockdown defense when he wants to (even then he gives up the jumper all the time).

He's tied for ws48 with dirk, he doesn't rank in the top 10 for orat and is only 8th for drat.

Miami would still be great without him because wade could take over, people forget that wade is out of his element by playing off-ball.

Lebron wasn't deserving of mvp during the regular season as dwight's numbers were just as good and only a few games back, but with much less help. He's not deserving of mvp for the playoffs because dirk is just beasting.

He's still the best player in the league, but he's not deserving of any mvp award this season... Maybe mvp of his team, that's about it.

+1

marlinsfan24
05-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Rose deserved that MVP. And I'd still say Dirk's MVP over LBJ right now in the postseason.

Crane
05-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Dirk gets my vote

JordansBulls
05-25-2011, 12:56 AM
So he could ride Kobe or Dwight like he rode Durant to gold in the World Championships this summer?

The difference is that Lebron is the best player on the team, and the leader of the team. Wade has been the third best player on their team in this series.

Lebron hasn't won anything as the man, he went to a team with a proven winner who got it done as the man. Not to mention even when playing in the olympics and world championships with superstars he won bronze medals. It took 3 tries for him to get gold and this when Kobe and Deron came aboard while Rose got gold on his first try.

And Wade is the leader of that team he is the proven winner.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_james_100709.html

Going to Miami, it isn’t going to be LeBron’s team. It is Wade’s team because he’s been there and has won a championship there. So the obvious point was that this would not be LeBron’s championship if he gets one or more, that he needed to go get help from a champion and another star.

Anyway to answer the question the answer is clearly Dirk. Beat the 2x defending champs w/o HCA and doesn't even have another allstar on his team.

Super.
05-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Dirk

tredigs
05-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Lebron hasn't won anything as the man, he went to a team with a proven winner who got it done as the man. Not to mention even when playing in the olympics and world championships with superstars he won bronze medals. It took 3 tries for him to get gold and this when Kobe and Deron came aboard while Rose got gold on his first try.

And Wade is the leader of that team he is the proven winner.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_james_100709.html

Yes JB, we've all heard you regurgitate your flawed logic a hundred times on this subject. Fact of the matter is that Lebron is the best player in the league, and on this team. There is no objective fan who would argue otherwise.

Rose had absolutely nothing to do with Durant and Team USA's Gold. He was 100% replaceable. I'd argue that no team in Team USA history was singlehandedly dominated by one player as much as Durant did for them.

This "proven winner" rhetoric is going to be a tough one for you as a Chi fan over the next half decade my friend. They aren't going to see a finals so long as Lebron is healthy.

I recommend that you think less of arbitrary voting like All-Star games and more about actual analysis of players/teams. You come off childish and honestly flat out dumb when simply naming off the former (especially when it's guys like Shaq on Cleveland. That always got a good laugh out of us).

Sixerlover
05-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Duncan and Bird had the 2nd best player in the league on their teams? i never knew that

You said two all stars. Don't change what you said.

SignGod
05-25-2011, 01:04 AM
This is a pointless thread! It is what it is! MVP arguments about a guy who already hhas the trophy!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?! Stupid sh¡#! Close the thread!

CeltsOwnKnicks
05-25-2011, 01:23 AM
Dirk has my vote. I know neither series is over.. but can't wait to see who will try guarding him on the Heat. He has been a beast so far in the playoffs.

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Dirk.

nice sig

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 02:25 AM

He is closing out games.

guys ... Wade is okay with James finishing games, in matter of fact he is giving the ball to James closing moments to shut all talk about how he cant close.... he is james true friend and he is also showing that EGO is not a problem at all...

its all about business ... and that is winning.

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 02:27 AM
i just think its bull **** that WADE didnt get the MVP trophy in o9 when he had the best stats in basketball that whole season.

gjsii13
05-25-2011, 02:29 AM
Rose has had more help than anyone else. That's why Rose can play so terribly and the Bulls still having a chance to win.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Rose has more help than LeBron? Who is basically on an All-Star team with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh?

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

downsos
05-25-2011, 02:29 AM
there is no question who the MVP is. It's Rose. The V stands for valuable, not the best.

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2011, 02:32 AM
You said two all stars. Don't change what you said.

ok fine. Lebron needs the 2nd best player in the league, and another all-star to win.

icej
05-25-2011, 02:33 AM
This is a pointless thread! It is what it is! MVP arguments about a guy who already hhas the trophy!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?! Stupid sh¡#! Close the thread!

Thread like this will always pop-up every time a crowned MVP got bested by a fellow MVP candidate, in games that matters so stop crying "pointless" and deal with it, if this series end in favor of Miami, there will be tons of more questions like this that will haunt Rose and you his fans while he take his vacation.

stlbest5in2013
05-25-2011, 02:34 AM

He is closing out games.

i love the nba forum mods, this guy is nothing but a baiting troll, and he is allowed to post garbage 24/7. then if you fall for his bait, you are the one that gets a 7 day ban.

psd mods, what a ****ing joke

icej
05-25-2011, 03:00 AM
Dirk has my vote. I know neither series is over.. but can't wait to see who will try guarding him on the Heat. He has been a beast so far in the playoffs.

You and a couple of people in PSD are getting decieved by how Dirk has been playing, I like Dirk, Kidd and Mavs a lot, and yes Dirk is shooting the lights out in playoffs, but you should all remember that OKC and Mavs are a different breed of team compared to Bulls,Heat, and Celtics, what you are seeing in the Mavs Vs. OKC series will not be the same if it is against Bulls, or Heat teams who live and die on defense.

And to answer your question on who is going to guard Dirk, if you have not noticed there is a 6'8 athletic freak who just became this playoff's best defender from position 1-5. And last time this 2 teams met in the finals in 06, there is a player named UD who took the offense out of Dirk that positioned them to win the ring.

Now lets reverse the question, if the bulls best NBA defense don't have the answer to stop LBJ with Deng, and Bosh with Noah, who in the Dallas could defend? -- Marion aint better than Deng, not Chandler better than Noah, oh and I forgot, how about wade? Would kidd be able to stop wade's drive? The only way Dallas has a chance against Miami is if they live on the perimeter and succeed something the bulls can't do, but if the Miami decides to live inside, the chances would greatly favor the Miami heat.

The west series is very fun to watch, but just a reminder you wont have that much fun in the finals against in either Bulls or Heat.

ChicagooooBulls
05-25-2011, 03:44 AM
what a dumb thread. obviously rose was the MVP in the regular season and dirk is running away with it in the postseason. Lebron is probably the most talented of the bunch but he's not going to be winning any awards this year.

LA_Raiders
05-25-2011, 04:19 AM
Dirk by far...

Kyben36
05-25-2011, 06:09 AM

He is closing out games.

People need to get the story strait on what MVP means. MVP is value based not skilled based, nobody has ever said Rose is better than lebron. just that he is more VALUABLE ( key word here ) to the bulls then Lebron is to the Heat. thats the meaning of MVP. without rose, The bulls would be a hole lot of nothing. the hole offense basicaly runs through him most of the time. without lebron, you still have Wade and Bosh ( Wade, who is the #2/#3 player in the league, and Bosh who isnt to shabby himself ( probably top 30 easily. The heat would easily still be in the playoffs, without JAmes, and The bulls would be a hole lot of nothing, thats why James also won it in the past years when with CLE, look what happend without him, He was clearly the most valueable player when he was with CLE, but puting yourself on a team with wade, he will never IMO be able to win MVP in this league. Finals MVP, maybe, but not league MVP. he threw that away when he decided he didnt want to be the guy anymore. Thats fine and all, but Lebron does not deserve MVP, Rose did. hell, id even say that Dwight ( where would they be without him ) CP3 ( where would they be without him ) both deserve it before Lebron, becuase that is the definition of Most VALUABLE PLAYER.

MVP = Value, not Skill level.

PHX2daDEATH
05-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Say the league had a re-draft ..I had to pick first..Um I'm Picking LeBron over Dirk and Rose.. Never liked my PF's shooting 3's and I don't really like when my PG chucks shots..i'll take the 6'9 freak of nature who can pass, drive, shoot, and play defense. Its hard not to be fascinated by LeBron's play, he's developing that Killer instinct..We should of Known Riley was going to instill that in him..

daleja424
05-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Nope. no question. Rose was the best player in the league in the regular season. He WAS the MVP in the reg season

flea
05-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Rose probably wasn't even the top 5 players in the regular season. I'm not a hater, he was good, he just wasn't that good. Here's how it should have gone:

1a. Dwight Howard
1b. Lebron James
3. Kevin Durant
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Chris Paul/Dwyane Wade

Rose was essentially the exact same player as Russell Westbrook this season with worse defense. If Rose was the best player in the regular season then you have to say Westbrook was too. Basically the same FG%, Rose with a few more points, Westbrook with more assists and more rebounds.

wjmoffatt
05-25-2011, 07:52 AM
ANother guy on Lebron's nuts right here!!! Any sensible person would say the MVP of these playoffs is Dirk NoMisski. Swept the defending champs, carried his team from 15 points down in under 5 minutes, broke a playoff record, 5th player to go for 40+ and shot 60% since 1990, won a game in under 10 seconds (Game 1 in LA). Not sure that Lebron has gone without having a turnover with the game on the line in under 10 seconds (look to see game 4 in Boston, lost ball, and last night, offensive foul). Come on now, really, Lebron is beating that?

Minimal
05-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Here is the true face of Rose. I ain't gonna be humble like most of u here and say what I think. He is the most overrated player in the NBA today. Worst MVP since Allen Iverson, whose MVP success was completely on the team and a coach, now he choked in the playoffs, yes he choked, he choked against real MVP and he choked in the series. The guy became the MVP of the league, because of his teams defense and rebounding. I don't hate Rose, he is a great player, I hate the guys who pimped the fake MVP. I've been eating all this Rose pimping by Bulls fans and media whole season (the guy is not even better than Chris Paul, yet some of them make him look he is the best in the league), all the hate towards heat, all the jokes against heat. You started laughing, we will finish.

That being said the MVP of playoffs is Dirk so far.

Yeah now u can respond to me with all hate crap u have.

SP17
05-25-2011, 08:06 AM
MVP does not always go to the better player..

Knicks21
05-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Here is the true face of Rose. I ain't gonna be humble like most of u here and say what I think. He is the most overrated player in the NBA today. Worst MVP since Allen Iverson, whose MVP success was completely on the team and a coach, now he choked in the playoffs, yes he choked, he choked against real MVP and he choked in the series. The guy became the MVP of the league, because of his teams defense and rebounding. I don't hate Rose, he is a great player, I hate the guys who pimped the fake MVP. I've been eating all this Rose pimping by Bulls fans and media whole season (the guy is not even better than Chris Paul, yet some of them make him look he is the best in the league), all the hate towards heat, all the jokes against heat. You started laughing, we will finish.

That being said the MVP of playoffs is Dirk so far.

Yeah now u can respond to me with all hate crap u have.

I did not know Miami had already won 4 games...

Knicks21
05-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Rose is the MVP and their is no denying it. And these playoffs have proven my case even more. By not performing well, the bulls are not performing well. But when Rose is all good, the bulls are one of the best teams in the game. This hints how much Rose means to his team, and is why he won the MVP award.

Minimal
05-25-2011, 08:25 AM
I think we can all agree that this series are pretty much over.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 08:27 AM

4... number of losses the Knicks have in one round this postseason
3... number of losses the HEAT have in three rounds this postseason

#justsaying #stophating

PhillyFaninLA
05-25-2011, 08:41 AM
MVP is a regular season award so its Rose.

JordansBulls
05-25-2011, 08:41 AM
why do people say rose has no help? he shot 27 shots tonight, had 23 points, 7 turnovers and his team sent a team with 3 superstars to over time.

Rose has the help of the leagues best defense, carlos boozer, deng.

The whole argument for rose as the mvp was that he didnt have boozer...well he has him now and people just say he sucks. make up your mind
He has help just not as much as Lebron. The Bulls strength was there bench and the Heat's bench has matched them. Now add in even if you cancel out Wade and Rose, now you have Lebron/Bosh who is better than anyone else on the Bulls by a fair margin.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 08:44 AM
He has help just not as much as Lebron. The Bulls strength was there bench and the Heat's bench has matched them. Now add in even if you cancel out Wade and Rose, now you have Lebron/Bosh who is better than anyone else on the Bulls by a fair margin.

obviously he doesnt have the help that Lebron has this year... bue he does have a good amount of help. If Rose played better tonight, the Bulls would have won. The supporting cast was plenty good enough for the Bulls to win.

That has nothing to do with this thread though. Rose was the best player in the regular season. He was clutch. He lead his team to the best record in the NBA. Stop with the hindsight people...

BaddNewz
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
The bulls don't move without d.rose...if you take lebron you still can win games with the heat

Jay16
05-25-2011, 09:07 AM
obviously he doesnt have the help that Lebron has this year... bue he does have a good amount of help. If Rose played better tonight, the Bulls would have won. The supporting cast was plenty good enough for the Bulls to win.

That has nothing to do with this thread though. Rose was the best player in the regular season. He was clutch. He lead his team to the best record in the NBA. Stop with the hindsight people...

It's not hind sight . Rose was NOT the best player in the regular season. Lebron matched him stat for stat and he did it more efficiently (the only stats Rose had more of was in assist only cause he is a PG, but LeBron had just as much as Rose did). LeBron was by far the better player, but the media "chose" Rose.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 09:09 AM
It's not hind sight . Rose was NOT the best player in the regular season. Lebron matched him stat for stat and he did it more efficiently (the only stats Rose had more of was in assist only cause he is a PG, but LeBron had just as much as Rose did). LeBron was by far the better player, but the media "chose" Rose.

If their stats were matched...

and Rose won more games with less talent on his team...

How do you figure Lebron was the MVP?

Listen... Lebron is the best player on the planet. NO DOUBT. But he was not the most valuable player to his team this year...

BklynKnicks3
05-25-2011, 09:24 AM
anything Lebron does is tainted because he has wade on his team. How can he not win. Now he looks clutch to because Wade always demands respect so he doesnt get the same defensive attention other superstars get. Funny thing is If he wins a ring what is it proveing 2 of top 3 best players on same team how do u not win. Oh yea and a 24 ppg scorer from last year as a after thought. I think they will win 4 or 5 rings and the rings wont hold the same weight as other stars rings. No second star has ever been close to Wade or Lebron.

Hawkeye15
05-25-2011, 09:31 AM

A. The better record
C. Less talent

bs. The Bulls roster was stacked. They just don't have a go to scorer outside Rose. But the depth of the Bulls is amazing. The Heat have 3 players, and a bunch of role players, two of which were hurt a ton of the season.

Look, Rose was the MVP. There is no debating that anymore. He won it, get over it, move on. Dirk is the MVP of the playoffs SO FAR. But yes, LeBron is showing why he is indeed the best player in the NBA. Has been a few years.

SteBO
05-25-2011, 09:32 AM
I think we can all agree that this series are pretty much over.

Let's wait until we win one more game. Thanks.

pacofunk64
05-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Well in all honesty LeBron is like MJ. There is no reason why they shouldn't win it every single year. LeBron is the best player in the league and I don't think it's even really close. Now how would the Heat do with out Bron? They'd still be pretty damn good. The Bulls without Rose would probably score 65 points a game.

KJL
05-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Tim Thomas

pacofunk64
05-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Let's wait until we win one more game. Thanks.

It's about 97.6% for sure over :D

Tarheels23
05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Dwight Howard

dnewguy
05-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Rose is the MVP, Lebron is a better player.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-25-2011, 10:51 AM

there, problem solved

Truth be told

nothappyinut
05-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Everyone that says rose doesnt have players around him to help our being ridiculous. You trade rose to the bucks for Jennings and the bucks still don't make the playoffs you never really hear roses name and the bulls still go to the playoffs but they wouldn't of been number one seed or won as many games as they have in the playoffs. You take Dwight Howard away from the magic and they win as many games as the cavs did this year maybe a couple more. Rose only got the MVP over Howard cause e is the new face of the NBA at least in sterns eyes. He plays for Chicago and they had the most wins in the regulary season. You all say well the MVP isn't the best player in the league well to add to that its also not intended for the best team in the league. It should be soley on the value of the player and the impact he has on his team. Giving it to a guy on a team that would still make the playoffs without him doesn't constitute most valuable player.

Raph12
05-25-2011, 02:15 PM
there is no question who the MVP is. It's Rose. The V stands for valuable, not the best.

Right, but you might have forgotten that the "M" in "MVP" stands for "MOST", not "Pretty".

Chronz
05-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Hindsight? We were saying this all year.

1) Rose WASNT the best player in the regular season
2) Clutch is either a figment of your imagination or highly subjective, Rose was only as clutch as his team allowed him to be (he could have been the same player but if the defense doesnt clamp down in the 4th there are no heroics), their overall record wasnt different from their expected winning % so its not as if Rose's "clutch ability" led them there, also its not as if Rose was all that efficient in the clutch, but as youve seen this series, when your defense is that good you will get plenty of tries and eventually you will make some.
3)His team finished with the best record and he was his teams best player but Deng was arguably more important because of his defensive value and the fact that hes irreplaceable. His team finishing #1 is awesome but what exactly does that have to do with this?

Chronz
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
The bulls don't move without d.rose...if you take lebron you still can win games with the heat
Thats what makes his support so impressive, Rose himself has sucked and yet the team has been in every game.
Imagine if Rose was as good as Wade/Kobe/Bron, this team would be in the Finals already. Something to look forward to if your a CHI fan because Rose does have that potential in him. But we should all recognize how far he has to go to get there.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
dwiiiiiiiiiiight

northsider
05-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Thats what makes his support so impressive, Rose himself has sucked and yet the team has been in every game.
Imagine if Rose was as good as Wade/Kobe/Bron, this team would be in the Finals already. Something to look forward to if your a CHI fan because Rose does have that potential in him. But we should all recognize how far he has to go to get there.

Man Chronz I can tell how much you love the Bulls not winning and even better being able to pin it on Rose. The part I think that supports Rose is that it doesn't matter how good this team plays without Rose it is not enough to beat these types of teams. Rose plays bad 3 games and the Bulls lose despite getting good efforts out of other guys. He is what pushes us over that edge. Honestly if he has a LONG way to come then I can't imagine how much better he will be when he achieves this.

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 03:39 PM
CHRONZ whens the next season of dexter

northsider
05-25-2011, 03:40 PM
I like how the OP started this to get people to sweat Lebron(who really has played amazing in the playoffs and on both sides) but, be totally let it slip his mind that there was this other guy named Dirk.

Hawkeye15
05-25-2011, 03:50 PM
CHRONZ whens the next season of dexter

September I believe

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 03:56 PM
MVP and best player in the league are two different things... the real mvp would have to be dirk in my opinion, simply because without him, the mavs wouldnt have gotten out of the first round... next would have to be rose, because he is so far and alone the best player on that team... but yes, we all know who the best player in the world is... we've known that for 3 or 4 years now... its lebron, and it will be lebron for another decade or so

MiamiWadeCounty
05-25-2011, 04:08 PM

I like how when people want to use Lebron's teammates as an argument to discredit his success, they say Wade is the second best player in the league. But, when listing the best players in the league people put Durant, Kobe, Dwight, and Rose ahead of Wade.

MelkyNYY
05-25-2011, 04:11 PM
The Heat are essentially Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman-inverted

Jordan = Lebron (not saying this is true ability wise, but as far as role is concerned)
Wade = Pippen
Rodman-inverted = Bosh (Offense, soft, no defense the exact opposite of Rodman)

Talent wise, the teams are similar. With the Bulls three probably being more talented. Just cause Pippen was next to Jordan didn't stop people from calling Jordan the greatest of all-time. Scottie Pippen is a top 50 player of all-time too.

Dallas Tx4Life
05-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I like how when people want to use Lebron's teammates as an argument to discredit his success, they say Wade is the second best player in the league. But, when the listing the best players in the league people put Durant, Kobe, Dwight, and Rose ahead of Wade.

:clap::clap::clap:LOLOLOLOL

dont forget, people who say that sometimes have those players listed over lebron himself!!!!

ManRam
05-25-2011, 04:13 PM

For the sake of not being a homer. ;)

But yeah, I agree.