PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Think OKC Still Has A Chance?

Baller1
05-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Simple question, I'm just curious. Do they still have a chance to win the series against Dallas?

I do of course, but then again I've basically accepted that our run this year is going to come to an end very soon.

ShiroRX
05-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Until Dallas completes the series, the choke potential is there.

pebloemer
05-24-2011, 03:45 PM
If the jump shots stop falling for Dallas, anything can happen. It doens't look like OKC will win, but they definitely have a chance. The talent is there for them compete with Dallas. They are down but not out.

Carey
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
This has been a very competitive series to be 3 to 1, i know we cant ask Scott Brooks to become Rick Adelman with his offensive sets but if he can just substitute better, keep the ball in Harden and Maynor hands to create in late game situations i think we have a fighting chance.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Naa. I like Harden, KD, & Russ... But theres no way they can win 3 games in a row. This series is over Wednesday. Thunder lost a heart breaker, and will be drained emotionally, and physically. They hit Dallas with everything they had last night and it wasn't enough. They had a good run, but they're still too young, too inexpirienced. They'll be back next year.

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Dallas have choked before :shrug:

AllBall
05-24-2011, 04:10 PM
No, and this is the crappiest WCF in years.

Redbull
05-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Absolutely not. Yeah the Mavs have chocked before but this is not the same Mavs team anymore, they are a tough and hungry team unlike before and Dirk is playing like the MVP. I just don't see the Thunder winning 3 games in a row.

LTBaByyy
05-24-2011, 04:22 PM
And everyone thought the Mavs fans were joking when we said THIS IS A DIFFERENT TEAM :)

We only choke on wins now

Ebbs
05-24-2011, 04:24 PM
It's not over til it's over. I won't sleep easy til we win game 4.

Gibby23
05-24-2011, 04:26 PM
It's over. They will lose the next game, you can see the look of a team that is beat. It would be great if they come out and win the next one, but Durant sounded defeated.

TheHighLife
05-24-2011, 04:27 PM
It's possible, but it will be extremely hard to win 3 in a row. Especially having two on the road.

ManRam
05-24-2011, 04:29 PM
I do not...because I truly believe and have believed that Dallas is better, and a better team can win one of three games vs. an inferior team.

DeyAce
05-24-2011, 04:30 PM
no

MFFL==FML
05-24-2011, 04:30 PM
I for one do not see OKC winning 3 straight. I am so glad the Mavericks got to face Portland, the Lakers, and most importantly to me, the Thunder.

Baller101200 has been such a d-bag, talking all season about how Dirk is overrated, Durant is better than Dirk, Dallas chokes, etc... I hope this humbles Baller101200, but I doubt it will. He will live in hate and probably not give credit when credit is due. He, along with a select few, will still believe Durant is better than Dirk, and Westbrook is better than Rose. :facepalm:

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 04:33 PM
there done

LTBaByyy
05-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Everything Baller101200 has said backfires on him just like 210Don lol

Westbrook > Rose
Dallas Chokes in his sig
Durant > Dirk
Thunder going up 3-1

He had all of these in his sig or has said it!!! And look at his sig now.... priceless

Matter of fact look at the thread we are in lol :)

DeyAce
05-24-2011, 04:36 PM
If the jump shots stop falling for Dallas, anything can happen. It doens't look like OKC will win, but they definitely have a chance. The talent is there for them compete with Dallas. They are down but not out.

:laugh: @ your sig

MFFL==FML
05-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Everything Baller101200 has said backfires on him just like 210Don lol

Westbrook > Rose
Dallas Chokes in his sig
Durant > Dirk
Thunder going up 3-1

He had all of these in his sig or has said it!!! And look at his sig now.... priceless

Matter of fact look at the thread we are in lol :)

LOL. Dude, he is probably cutting himself right now. We shouldn't be so brutally honest with him. :p

KnicksR4Real
05-24-2011, 04:41 PM
anything can happen.

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2011, 04:41 PM
no they're getting ownt next game.

Baller1
05-24-2011, 04:42 PM
You guys are hilarious; you act as if you've already won the championship. Your humility is amazing.

I'll be the first to congratulate Dallas if they win, but they still have two series to choke away.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Its a wrap. In the playoffs you can't afford to goof off games. Ask the Lakers.....

Gibby23
05-24-2011, 04:50 PM
You guys are hilarious; you act as if you've already won the championship. Your humility is amazing.

I'll be the first to congratulate Dallas if they win, but they still have two series to choke away.

You mean choke like winning by 15 with about 5 min to go in the game and end up losing. The reputation for players starts in the playoffs and so far Dirk is getting rid of his while Durant is starting his.

Iron24th
05-24-2011, 05:07 PM
No,1-3 isn't that impossible to recover but thunder's play has been very disappointing.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-24-2011, 05:13 PM

How can you call us chokers when after we did choke in game 4 of the 1st round, we won 7 straight games, we have won 16 straight games against the spread (look it up it has like a 140,000 to 1 odds of happening), we came back from a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter and won on the road and we swept LA? Aren't you guys the chokers? Durant is great and OKC is a good team but Dirk is still the better no matter what you say and we are not chokers anymore...

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 05:18 PM
The thunder look defeated when OT started. Its over.

mania03
05-24-2011, 05:21 PM
hell no . blowing leads like that last game clearly shows why this team still not ready. gotta do something about westbrook first ...he thinks hes MJ or some **** lol.

LTBaByyy
05-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Like the GREAT Tim Duncan said: "GAME OVER"

Baller1
05-24-2011, 05:42 PM
How can you call us chokers when after we did choke in game 4 of the 1st round, we won 7 straight games, we have won 16 straight games against the spread (look it up it has like a 140,000 to 1 odds of happening), we came back from a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter and won on the road and we swept LA? Aren't you guys the chokers? Durant is great and OKC is a good team but Dirk is still the better no matter what you say and we are not chokers anymore...

Like I've said, I've already accepted the fact that we're pretty much done for and not gonna move on to the Finals. However, you guys have a history of choking and still two series to finish. Simple as that, that's all I said.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Russy is going to take a lot of heat when this is over. Prepare to hear his name mentioned in every trade imaginable this summer.

And obviously they'll have him going to New York or LA, like everyone else!

5ass
05-24-2011, 05:43 PM
ive said even before the series started this dallas team is different, i said they were the best team in the west and would make the finals and they're on their way to proving me right.
i dont see any chance of OKC beating them this series, the mavs are just the better team, OKC had a great run, but theyre still too young and theyre committing stupid mistakes that they will learn to avoid with experience. hopefully they realize how close they are to becoming nba champs and that they have a very bright future ahead.

JuS ViBe
05-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Okc doesn't have a snowballs chance...especially if you lose two games in a row at home. I think the series will end in 6.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 06:06 PM
ive said even before the series started this dallas team is different, i said they were the best team in the west and would make the finals and they're on their way to proving me right.
i dont see any chance of OKC beating them this series, the mavs are just the better team, OKC had a great run, but theyre still too young and theyre committing stupid mistakes that they will learn to avoid with experience. hopefully they realize how close they are to becoming nba champs and that they have a very bright future ahead.

Dallas is winning it all. Tyson Chandler and Stevenson make a huge difference. That toughness factor is the difference between just making a nice playoff run and winning it all!

bringinwood
05-24-2011, 06:07 PM
In short, no they don't have a chance to come back on Dallas...

Dallas's defense is too solid... They can bang down low... Their scoring is about as diverse as a team's scoring can be with Dirk Nowitzki...

They can win a game in too many ways for OKC to come back...

It's telling when Russell Westbrook nearly goes for a triple double, they outrebound Dallas by 22, Durant goes for 29 and 15 all in the same game and they lose... It's a testiment to the type of resolve this Dallas team has...

This would be the biggest comeback in NBA history if they did win it...

KnicksR4Real
05-24-2011, 06:18 PM
if theres a will, theres a way

8kobe24
05-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Winning 3 straight? There always a chance, but odds are against them. Only 8 NBA teams have made it back and won a series after being down 3-1. I'd love to see OKC do it, but I just don't see it happening. That last game took the fire out of OKC...

CountSackula
05-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Usually when these threads start coming out, it means that it's over.

Hunter48MVP
05-24-2011, 06:31 PM
No. It is all Russell Westbrook fault if they lose this series. He takes way too many shots for a point guard. I could see a trade for Chris Paul for Russell Westbrook this offseason.

MTar786
05-24-2011, 06:34 PM
firstly.. with all due respect to OKC and their fans. OKC never had a chance to begin with.

dallas is by far the superior team. yeah, dallas is really good, maybe not as good as they were against the lakers. when they played LA they seemed possessed. plus they were on a hot streak. dirk didnt miss at all. terry had that 9 for 10 fromt 3 point range game.. when you play like that 4 games straight it just shows you have the potential to unlock a game like that once a series at least.

whoever dallas plays between the heat and bulls.. its going to be a good series. dallas vs heat will be closer. dallas vs bulls will be an easier win for dallas IMO.

in a nut shell. dallas played like crap for 44 minutes and still beat OKC at their BEST for 44 minutes. 9 minutes made that much of a difference between them? that is just a testiment to how much better dallas is than OKC.

shep33
05-24-2011, 06:36 PM
No they're done, but much respect to them. This is a team with players that should be juniors and seniors in college. Unreal how good they are for a young team. They just need experience, and IMO this is the best thing for them. Let them learn the pain of losing deep in the playoffs, only lights their fire.

Most impressive young team I have ever seen.

MTar786
05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
FUN FACT: besides the phoenix suns Everytime a team eliminated the LA lakers in the playoffs since 1999 they have went on to win the nba championship.

san antonio on 2 different occasions LOL. Oh and boston once and detroit once =P

1999 spurs win championship (eliminated LA in the playoffs)
2000 la wins
2001 la wins
2002 la wins
2003 spurs win (eliminate la in second sround)
2004 detroit win (eliminates la in finals)
2005 spurs win (la didnt make playoffs)
2006 heat win (phoenix eliminates LA> so it doesnt count)
2007 spurs win (phoenix eliminates LA> so it doesnt count)
2008 boston wins (eliminated LA in finals)
2009 LA wins
2010 LA wins
2011 (im going out on a limb here an calling it for Dallas)

* all but 3 seasons since 1999 LA either won the championship or Lost to the team that went on to win

but dallas is going to need terry to step up and play like he did against LA. because even though dallas has been beating OKC theyre not playing well enough to beat Miami. They need another creator.. they cant expect dirk to keep creating points off broken plays.. and hopefully butler can come back

Bruno
05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
I think Dallas is a team on a mission right now. That's no offense to any other team, but we're talking about a group of aged vets who have never gotten it done, who have had that "can't win a ring" monkey on their backs for their entire careers.

Dallas & Dirk knows it's now or never; it's time for them to set the history books straight. I don't think they'll mess up this opportunity; I think they'll capitalize on the Heats inaugural season and surpass them in the finals.

Bruno
05-24-2011, 06:40 PM
The Thunder will dominate for years to come. This loss will make them deadlier, hungrier and even harder to beat next season.

PhillyFaninLA
05-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Do they have a chance, they certainly do they have a chance until Dallas gets the 4th win. Do they have a good chance certainly not.

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
There is always a chance until the door is closed.
I take the Mavs, but at the same time, the Mavs blew a 2-0 lead in the finals, lost to and 8th seed in the first round, and have lost with home court in their foavour more than once.

On the other side of the coin: Tyson Chandler. The only thing the Mavs were missing is a defensive minded center that can rebound. Now we can see what Dirk can do when he's playing next to a real center.

Going against OKC: coaching inexperience (Rick C has been involved in a few playoff runs now). Westbrook doesnt seem to be handling the pressure right now (but no worries, he will learn). Lack of depth, and their biggest asset in the post, that being Perk's defence, is useless against Chandler because they dont run plays through him generally. He gets the ball when he pull it off the offensive glass, or when the defences break down.

OKC is off to a great start as a franchise. This, not their year, but you dont win a series until you win a series. so I say yes, they have a chance. But the door is closing fast.

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Its a little off topic but does anybody know if it goes back to game 6 will it be played in OKC? They said 3 separate F5 tornado hit the OKC area and its really bad.

cubswin25
05-24-2011, 06:56 PM
No I can't see them winning 3 straight games vs the Mavs. This Mavs run is pretty interesting in my opinion. Because other then having a real C in Chandler who helps them on defense and on the boards they aren't much different then Mavs teams of recent years. They are just in a good position since they are still good. While Lakers and Spurs got old and teams like Nuggets and Jazz had their teams get broken up. While a young team like the Thunder don't really know how to win in the playoffs yet and just trying to win off talent alone. Things will be much tougher on them in the finals against a really good defensive teams. That has young and fast players.

Sly Guy
05-24-2011, 07:01 PM
The way the mavs are playing, I don't see anyone stopping them this year.

ironkobe
05-24-2011, 08:35 PM
the way the heat are playing nobody going to stop them hope im wrong

Bishnoff
05-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Not this season. As good as they are (and will only get better), Dallas has so much depth and are just a better team (currently). I predicted Dallas 4-1 before the series started and my prediction is looking pretty good at the moment.

JJ_JKidd
05-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Worst case scenario: Mavs lose Game 6, Thunder win @ home and at the same time, an integral part of the Mavs team goes down to an injury and does not play in game 7. :facepalm:

assisi805
05-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Dallas is a great team dirk is a great player I would have absolutely no problem with losing to A much more experienced team with seasoned vets like Dirk, Kidd and Terry leading the way. That being said...... WOW you Mavs fans on PSD are absolutely brutal. Why don't you start planning the Parade? And then to put down the guy who started this thread for talking the same smack you guys are going off about... Hypocrites much? As much as I would like to see Kidd and Dirk get the ring they deserve I hope they lose just to teach YOU guys humility.... Yes I'm an OKC fan thats why I stated this thread the way I did but I have no problem taking this as a learning experience you guys are just hypocrites. Cut this guy some slack for showing the same love for his team you guys are...

CBCable
05-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Dallas is a great team dirk is a great player I would have absolutely no problem with losing to A much more experienced team with seasoned vets like Dirk, Kidd and Terry leading the way. That being said...... WOW you Mavs fans on PSD are absolutely brutal. Why don't you start planning the Parade? And then to put down the guy who started this thread for talking the same smack you guys are going off about... Hypocrites much? As much as I would like to see Kidd and Dirk get the ring they deserve I hope they lose just to teach YOU guys humility.... Yes I'm an OKC fan thats why I stated this thread the way I did but I have no problem taking this as a learning experience you guys are just hypocrites. Cut this guy some slack for showing the same love for his team you guys are...

the brutality isn't aimed towards OKC the city, or OKC the team.

This is all about one historically anti-mavs dbag fan who had a sig that featured a man choking with 'dallas=chokers' written underneath him for a good portion of the season.

He brought this on himself

Young2Kinsler
05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
This series is far from over. OKC has looked scary good quite a bit in this series, and they put together good runs all the time. It takes 4 to win, it's simple as that.

marvILLous
05-24-2011, 10:28 PM
i still believe!!

3-0 lets go okc!

Carey
05-24-2011, 10:29 PM
We were a 4 min choke job away from tying the series, i think we've played Dallas pretty equally throughout. I think we still have a punchers chance

ohreally
05-24-2011, 10:31 PM
It ain't over till it's over. But yeah, it's over.

mttwlsn16
05-24-2011, 10:39 PM
lol not a chance. this will be finished tomorrow night

nystandup
05-24-2011, 10:43 PM
i think the real question is does okc think they have a chance? they looked so down at the end of last game i feel like its going to be hard for them to come back

Dash
05-24-2011, 10:57 PM
no

CityofChaos
05-24-2011, 11:15 PM
No. When's the last time a playoff team bounced back after being down 1-3? The Mavericks are obviously the better team and I think this series solidified the fact that OKC's offense is flawed--hint: they have 2 of the leagues biggest chuckers.

Yoshimitsu
05-24-2011, 11:37 PM
The way Dallas is playing... no

MR.TRIPDUB
05-24-2011, 11:40 PM

It not how much he loves okc its how he keep bashing the mavs. I think he, don, and crooner have a mavs bashing club.

Sixerlover
05-24-2011, 11:47 PM
If they win game 5, they'll win the series. I'll say that.

Just kidding they lose in 7

Jenceman
05-25-2011, 12:50 AM

The Mavs won't be chokers until they win a championship.

drobe86
05-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Uhh... How about hell no they don't have a chance. Baller101200 what the hell are you talking about man? We've beaten this team time and time again. The Thunder aren't playing bad they're just playing a team on a mission. You were telling me about how good Ibaka was and he goes out and gives up 50 game 1. After that you said that the Thunder would figure us out, and they did for a game. But in reality we just didn't play as hard in game 2 as we did in gm 1. Then you say Well Collison can defend Dirk. That is, until he gives up 40 in game 4. Listen man, OKC had a nice run but they simply aren't on Dallas' level....

drobe86
05-25-2011, 01:11 AM
So hopefully everybody will STFU about OKC. Those guys aren't on the same planet as Dallas and we've shown that throughout the series. We've shown that through the entire playoffs because of the way we dismantled Portland and LA. We haven't really had any competition yet. Can't wait for the finals....

SEATTLEredsox
05-25-2011, 01:30 AM
So hopefully everybody will STFU about OKC. Those guys aren't on the same planet as Dallas and we've shown that throughout the series. We've shown that through the entire playoffs because of the way we dismantled Portland and LA. We haven't really had any competition yet. Can't wait for the finals....

Not on the same planet? Really? Like Carey said, OKC was a four minute choke job from a 2-2 series.

theSPECIALKID
05-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Of course they have a chance. When you have Durant and Westbrook anything is possible. This series will be a fight to the end.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-25-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't remember if I posted in this thread yet, but if I didn't then...

No, the Thunder are as good as finished. The series will be over by the end of tonight.

Dallas in 5...put it in the books.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Of course they have a chance. They are an incredibly talented team with their backs against the wall. I expect the hot fiya from Westbrook tonight. 30+ points. KoB says it. Know it. Quote it. Book it.

Eicholtz
05-25-2011, 01:25 PM
For what next year? Sure, as long as Westbrook remembers who the man is on the team. I don't see him staying in OKC long term. I just have a feeling he is going elsewhere via trade or whatever. Too bad they lost in 5 to Dallas this year....oh wait your not talking about this year are you?? Joking but I am dead serious when I say they are toast. Whether it's tonight, tomorrow whenever their season is done. I like OKC but I think there time is up.

Skizzik
05-25-2011, 05:11 PM

He's not showing love for his team, he's a complete ******* to the Mavs and Mavs fans alike. You should actually read who we're aiming our animosity at, and why, before spouting non-sense.

benzni
05-25-2011, 05:21 PM
westbrook is a boss with scoring but tell him to pass more. They got to get Durant to take better shots. Not many teams have come back 3-1, but I dont see it being impossible. So I voted Yes. :cool:

Tanakid777
05-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Said it after game 3 of the Lakers series and I'll say it again: I won't rest easy until we've closed it out

Tanakid777
05-25-2011, 05:25 PM
He's not showing love for his team, he's a complete ******* to the Mavs and Mavs fans alike. You should actually read who we're aiming our animosity at, and why, before spouting non-sense.

:clap:

KnicksorBust
05-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Of course they have a chance. They are an incredibly talented team with their backs against the wall. I expect the hot fiya from Westbrook tonight. 30+ points. KoB says it. Know it. Quote it. Book it.

When you're good, you're good.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2011, 07:24 AM
no:)