PDA

View Full Version : From a Thunder fan.....Brooks is not a good coach!

soonabooma
05-24-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry fellow fans, but this guy does not have the coaching skills to get us where we need to be. We've done it all on talent up to this point, but we're not gonna get any better at our X's and O's, we're never organized, and our team doesn't have a true identity. And it's not because of youth and inexperience, it's a lack of real coaching. Everybody knows how talented we are, but our players are forced to improvise way too often. There's just never a feeling of organization on the part of the coaching. Either our players are just dumb or they're not being taught all the right things about how to play ball the right way because we rely on our talent to get the job done every time, and that's the way it should be. You need coaching too. We're young and dangerous, but Brooks is holding us back.

Phenomenonsense
05-24-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry fellow fans, but this guy does not have the coaching skills to get us where we need to be. We've done it all on talent up to this point, but we're not gonna get any better at our X's and O's, we're never organized, and our team doesn't have a true identity. And it's not because of youth and inexperience, it's a lack of real coaching. Everybody knows how talented we are, but our players are forced to improvise way too often. There's just never a feeling of organization on the part of the coaching. Either our players are just dumb or they're not being taught all the right things about how to play ball the right way because we rely on our talent to get the job done every time, and that's the way it should be. You need coaching too. We're young and dangerous, but Brooks is holding us back.

I don't know that I agree it is Brooks fault, but it could be. I see Westbrook as a struggling PG making bad decisions and not getting the ball to Durant when Durant wants it. It could, of course, be a coaching failure. Not getting the team in good sets to get good screens for Durant and Westbrook could easily be an X's and O's problem. I don't think it is, however, as Westbrook's playmaking has been a question mark as far as I'm concerned.

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 03:44 PM
totally agree, but perkins is horrible as well. Seriously the guy is terrible

All brooks has to do is bench perkins.

Green Storm
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related

Carey
05-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah either he has to be fired or he must give up all of the offensive control to an assistant of Presti's choice.

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Guess there would have been no point in posting this with the other Scott Brooks thread started today...

soonabooma
05-24-2011, 04:10 PM
I agree 100% that our players need to be smarter out there. Our two superstars make more combined mistakes than any duo in the league. Westbrook is a total headcase at times, and Durant still thinks he's Skip to my Lou, he turns it over all the time too. But my whole point is, our coaching doesn't help us when we need it to. Brooks lack of ability as a coach makes it even harder for our players to get the job done. This is why our guys always look like they're improvising out there, whether it's early in the game, or at the very end when we're in those crucial late-game situations. There's just no organization on offense OR defense. You can tell when you watch our team play that our talent is much greater than our coaching. It kinda reminds me of OU football. We know we have studs all over the place and yet, we never look organized on either side of the ball. That's not the the players fault, it's the coordinators fault, it's a lack of offensive and defensive gameplanning, lack of strategy, being too predictable on offense, and always one step behind of defense. And that's basically what we're dealing with now with the Thunder. Our coaching is hurting us more than anything right now and if things continue this way, it's gonna end up costing us some really big things.

heyman321
05-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Yet he was coach of the year last year and he's under fire now. Just like Sam Mitchell was COY, then fired the very the year. That's why COY is so dependent on the players.

It's not all Brook's fault. Westbrook just made boneheaded plays, and Durant doesn't know how to pass out of pressure yet.

KnicksR4Real
05-24-2011, 04:17 PM
are you kidding me? in NY we would love him

Baller1
05-24-2011, 04:22 PM

Perkins is coming off of reconstructive knee surgery and is playing at 60% health. You'll see a much different by the time next season rolls around.

Gibby23
05-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Perkins is coming off of reconstructive knee surgery and is playing at 60% health. You'll see a much different by the time next season rolls around.

Not really, he isn't much better at 100%

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 04:32 PM

OK, in the meantime he is killing your team.
haberstroh
Of remaining players, Kendrick Perkins has 2nd worst net rating in the playoffs (-15.6). OKC is -4.5 w/ him, +11.1 w/o him. #ubuntu

brooks needs to bench him.

DeyAce
05-24-2011, 04:38 PM
you need Adelman

KnicksR4Real
05-24-2011, 04:42 PM
haterrs

KnicksR4Real
05-24-2011, 04:42 PM
come to NY

Baller1
05-24-2011, 04:44 PM
OK, in the meantime he is killing your team.
haberstroh

brooks needs to bench him.

I'm not denying that he's hindered us in the playoffs this year, but that's not his fault as far as I'm concerned.

TheHighLife
05-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Durant and Westbrook just need to stop taking 30 shots a game each. Give the bench players more time and stop turning the ball over. There's the solution.

210Don
05-24-2011, 04:48 PM
smh.

Baller1
05-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Not really, he isn't much better at 100%

Not true at all.

Gibby23
05-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Not true at all.

He is an 8 and 8 guy anyway you look at it. His D might get a bit better, but he isn't helping any on offense or rebounds anytime soon.

smith&wesson
05-24-2011, 05:06 PM

completly agree

Lakers + Giants
05-24-2011, 06:19 PM
I personally think perk is overrated but he's not healthy right now. When healthy he's a Solid player, not great, but solid. Brooks on the other hand is a Great coach IMO. . .

Meloman
05-25-2011, 12:07 AM
I just think they're a year away. That doesn't always have to just mean the players, I think it applies to the coach here too. Is it so wrong for a coach to be inexperienced in important games?

Laker Legend42
05-25-2011, 01:07 AM
I don't think it's the coach. You have no post offense and in this series Durrant has allowed J.Kidd to guard him. In game 2 late Maynor was running in circles Serge was all over the place and Durrant was at half court jumping up and down instead of taking control of the ball in that siuation. Luckily Kidd threw the ball awayand the thunder held on to the four point lead.

drobe86
05-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Go ahead blame the coach, blame management, whoever you want to blame it doesn't matter. The Mavs are kicking your *** up and down the court, and you're looking for somebody to blame? That's the difference between championship caliber teams, and pretenders. We take care of our business every night and we we lose we accept responsibility and not go looking for somebody to blame.

SEATTLEredsox
05-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Go ahead blame the coach, blame management, whoever you want to blame it doesn't matter. The Mavs are kicking your *** up and down the court, and you're looking for somebody to blame? That's the difference between championship caliber teams, and pretenders. We take care of our business every night and we we lose we accept responsibility and not go looking for somebody to blame.

Wow, you're really a thunder hater aren't you...you were just bashing OKC in another thread. This has been a really damn close series whether you can admit it or not. And what's the difference between championship caliber teams and pretenders again? Pretenders have fans on online forums who make threads blaming people, while championship teams' fans just accept it?
Maybe thats why Dallas hasn't won a championship despite being a top-seeded team almost every year. They don't fix their problems, they just accept it until they get knocked out of the playoffs the next year.

12evolution 9
05-25-2011, 02:29 AM
I don't know that I agree it is Brooks fault, but it could be. I see Westbrook as a struggling PG making bad decisions and not getting the ball to Durant when Durant wants it. It could, of course, be a coaching failure. Not getting the team in good sets to get good screens for Durant and Westbrook could easily be an X's and O's problem. I don't think it is, however, as Westbrook's playmaking has been a question mark as far as I'm concerned.

Westbrook is not getting help by his coach.

The pg is the coach on the floor, and i dont think Brooks is doing a good job with WESTBROOK.

Westbrook struggling has alot to do with himself but it also has to do with Brooks himself.

BlondeBomber41
05-25-2011, 11:36 AM
The Thunder have one of the highest scoring offenses in the NBA with one of the youngest, most inexperienced rosters. He must be doing something right.