PDA

View Full Version : Barkley flips off Heat fans

Briggurlacher
05-24-2011, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4vv4QMNio8&feature=player_embedded

So why exactly were they chanting these lovely expressions at Barkley?

"***** you Chuck"? Okay..

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2011, 03:04 PM
good. i woulda done the same.

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Old news, if you want to talk **** about a fan base, be prepared to take some backlash.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-24-2011, 03:06 PM
well done chuck

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2011, 03:08 PM
All hail Charles the Great!

:worthy:

LTBaByyy
05-24-2011, 03:08 PM
I love Chuck!!

TheHighLife
05-24-2011, 03:11 PM
TeeHee

Rego247
05-24-2011, 03:17 PM
good. i woulda done the same.

this.

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Who edited out the "I want to"?

DeyAce
05-24-2011, 03:24 PM
lol @ Kenny

ShiroRX
05-24-2011, 03:27 PM
As an actual Heat fan, I applaud the efforts of our fair weather breed or otherwise in their hatred of the barkley. the fat old man had it coming. and then he's all "don't make me come down there!" after getting hit with a t-shirt. go for it charles, they would love to get you fired from tnt.

charles has his erudite moments (saying as a black man, he cannot discriminate against people, when he came out in favor of gay marriage). but he's been talking crap about the heat all year. this is what happened. big deal.

Carey
05-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Classic Chuck lol

Cubsfan365
05-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Once again, this just shows that the Heat fans are the worst in the league by far IMO. Who the hell doesn't like Charles Barkley? I didn't think Heat fans would even know who Barkley is.

magichatnumber9
05-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Is that really were fan-dom has gone now. It's not just the Miami heat fan base, it's all of them. I'm sure there were kids watching around the premiss absorbing all this wisdom. Barkley sucks is o.k but c'mon on that other bs.

still1ballin
05-24-2011, 03:35 PM
That is pretty classless for them to do that. I don't get it. Why do Heat fans hate Charles so much that they have to chant that? I could understand if it was Reggie Miller in New York, but this?

Its disgusting.

ShiroRX
05-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Is that really were fan-dom has gone now. It's not just the Miami heat fan base, it's all of them. I'm sure there were kids watching around the premiss absorbing all this wisdom. Barkley sucks is o.k but c'mon on that other bs.

You speak like this is a new low for sports fandom or something. Ever see the havoc that ensues whenever a Detroit team wins a championship? Or soccer (and dodger fans) beating people to death?

JIDsanity
05-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Heat fans

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 03:42 PM
I love Barkley!

(No Clay Aiken)

Teeboy1487
05-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Were they saying **** you Chuck or Barkley sucks?

ShiroRX
05-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Were they saying **** you Chuck or Barkley sucks?

barkley sucks.

people are getting their panties in a twist about nothing. especially compared to whatever that fan said to Noah IN the game lol. people just want another excuse to talk crap about heat fans. bring it on.

hatehatehatehatehate

MetsAllTheWay
05-24-2011, 03:53 PM
good work chuck!

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
barkley sucks.

people are getting their panties in a twist about nothing. especially compared to whatever that fan said to Noah IN the game lol. people just want another excuse to talk crap about heat fans. bring it on.

hatehatehatehatehate

This!

Cromedome
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
That was not a very very very nice thing to say to Charles Barkley.

Not cool! Those heat fans were like school on Thanksgiving.....no class.

PraiseJesus
05-24-2011, 03:58 PM
2 funny

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 04:02 PM
That is pretty classless for them to do that. I don't get it. Why do Heat fans hate Charles so much that they have to chant that? I could understand if it was Reggie Miller in New York, but this?

Its disgusting.

Barkely's takes cheap shots at Miami :shrug:

KnicksR4Real
05-24-2011, 04:09 PM
no offense to the fans here of the heat. but thats ****ing low. who does that? classless. i wudda done the same, even though i hate chuck, thats not cool at all.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 04:16 PM
no offense to the fans here of the heat. but thats ****ing low. who does that? classless. i wudda done the same, even though i hate chuck, thats not cool at all.

Plus they were on TV no less. Very classy! Noah was right they were acting like a bunch of (bundles of sticks)!

DeyAce
05-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Didn't someone throw a towel at him too? Heat fans have so much class

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 04:33 PM
People acting like this is the first time they've seen this occur...Roger Goodel was heckled during the draft , like c'mon man...

Rego247
05-24-2011, 04:42 PM
People acting like this is the first time they've seen this occur...Roger Goodel was heckled during the draft , like c'mon man...

im curious did they throw towels at roger goodel?

Briggurlacher
05-24-2011, 04:43 PM
barkley sucks.

hatehatehatehatehate

Good try on that one.. But you can feel free to listen CLOSELY to the first 15 seconds again.

"**** you Chuck" is a pretty classy thing to chant.

ChiSox219
05-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Miami's team and fan base mirror each other.

jiggin
05-24-2011, 04:49 PM
so its ok to chant at a guy expletives and intentionally go out of your way to be a douche, yet if and when he reacts with a hand gesture you get all upset and want to call him out for it.

**** you Heat fans....Classless.

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 04:53 PM
barkley sucks.

hatehatehatehatehate

Uh... no. They were pretty clearly saying **** you Chuck at the beginning. Y'all need to get your ears cleaned out.

davids22
05-24-2011, 04:54 PM
It's distasteful but no where near the most classless thing a fanbase has done. There's been way worse events. Heat fans don't like Chuck because he's talked smack about not only the Heat team, but the Heat FANS all season long, calling them fairweather, poking at how their stadium isn't full when games start, etc. Of course that will offend people who have been fans of the team for loner then the 10 months Lebron's been on the team.

davids22
05-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Uh... no. They were pretty clearly saying **** you Chuck at the beginning. Y'all need to get your ears cleaned out.

The majority of the people (and what you could hear on the live TNT brodcast post-game) was "Barkely sucks". You can still hear it in the video. The people making the youtube video were chanting "**** you Chuck", which wasn't the majority.

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2011, 04:57 PM
so its ok to chant at a guy expletives and intentionally go out of your way to be a douche, yet if and when he reacts with a hand gesture you get all upset and want to call him out for it.

**** you heat fans....classless.

+1

Briggurlacher
05-24-2011, 04:58 PM
The majority of the people (and what you could hear on the live TNT brodcast post-game) was "Barkely sucks". You can still hear it in the video. The people making the youtube video were chanting "**** you Chuck", which wasn't the majority.

There you have it ladies and gentleman.. The first case of "homer ears" in the history of message boards.

sammid21
05-24-2011, 05:00 PM
So i guess the reason the heat fans were heckling charles is because he picked the bulls to take the series? heat fans there and here are over protective of their team, its kinda sickening, i mean can at least one heat fan admit that those chants were uncalled for? come on Stebo, youre usually a level headed heat fan

MiamiWadeCounty
05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't mind the fans chanting "barkley sucks" or "**** you chuck" as much as others do. It was classless, but it wasn't terrible in my opinion. Barkley has been talking trash about the heat all year. He mocks the fan base, calls lebron a punk, and among other things. That does not justify it though. The throwing of the towe for me was much, much worse.. You never ever throw anything especially during a live broadcast. That part was classless, however that was one individual fan who should not define the whole fan base.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 05:09 PM
some of you are such haters. do you really have ANY idea whaat you are talking about. If you want to be educated on why Miami fans hate barkley I suggest you read the following article: http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2011/05/heres_why_heat_fans_hate_tnts_1.html

That provides some background as to why HEAT fans gave Chuck a hard time.

That being said, I do not think a towel should have been thrown at Chuck... but the fact that some of you are sitting in here bashing HEAT fans without any background information on the story is pretty pathetic.

When HEAT fans come late to the game and lack passion... you make fun of HEAT fans. When HEAT fans stand up for their team and show a ton of passion and loyalty...you bash HEAT fans. Biased much?

Fnom11
05-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I still love Chuck, definitely one of my favorite but I do like that fellow Heat fans showed him they don't like him talking smack.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 05:10 PM
So i guess the reason the heat fans were heckling charles is because he picked the bulls to take the series? heat fans there and here are over protective of their team, its kinda sickening, i mean can at least one heat fan admit that those chants were uncalled for? come on Stebo, youre usually a level headed heat fan

No. The chants were extremely called for. The throwing of a towel went overboard and WAS classless, but that was ONE person in a crowd of thousands...

unleashthebeast
05-24-2011, 05:11 PM
:laugh: he has been taking jabs at us ALL SEASON. You guys dont understand the type of hate we get day after day. It was a playful way for our HEAT fans to say "take that" to barkley, and he responded just like good old chuck. No reason to hate. chill

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Charles can suck it. He piss me off to no end with his hate

Rego247
05-24-2011, 05:14 PM
No. The chants were extremely called for. The throwing of a towel went overboard and WAS classless, but that was ONE person in a crowd of thousands...

watch the video.

there was more than one towel being thrown.

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 05:15 PM
:laugh: he has been taking jabs at us ALL SEASON. You guys dont understand the type of hate we get day after day. It was a playful way for our HEAT fans to say "take that" to barkley, and he responded just like good old chuck. No reason to hate. chill

Berkley talks **** about every team. That's what he's payed to do. Be an outrageous personality, and say harsh things about teams.

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2011, 05:17 PM
michael smith callin out the bandwagon jumpers on ATH right now ahahhahahahahahhaah

daleja424
05-24-2011, 05:17 PM
watch the video.

there was more than one towel being thrown.

The those PEOPLE are idiots... no the entirety of the heat fandom.

My point is that Charles has been begging for HEAT fans to hate him all year so all of you people saying, "poor old Chuck...he never did anything" are just flat out wrong.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Can't stand Heat fans

A) They think they are the only team in NBA history.
B) They think LeBron, Wade and Bosh are the 3 best players in the NBA including best 3 players in NBA history.
C) They think they are an automatic lock for 10 straight titles...

daleja424
05-24-2011, 05:21 PM
This is not free reign to bash on HEAT fans people. The act of throwing towels at Charles was juvenile and pretty classless... but all of you people that have made sweeping generalizations about HEAT fans in general need to cool it.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 05:22 PM
...and read the ****ing article I posted... it wouldnt hurt to be educated on a subject before opening your mouth and voicing an opinion

Cromedome
This makes me laugh.

They have a similar thread in the Heat forum (same youtube link)....but you can't react to the video there by saying "classless"..but in the Nba fourm (same link, same post), you can pretty much speak your mind? Lmao.

No class whatsoever.

...i'm talking about the Miami fans who chanted the FU FU and threw the towel.

gotoHcarolina52
Awwwwright, MIAMI! :clap:

northsider
05-24-2011, 05:27 PM
...and read the ****ing article I posted... it wouldnt hurt to be educated on a subject before opening your mouth and voicing an opinion

You know it is kind of funny how this thread has eerily similarities like the last 2 Bulls threads that Dnewguy posted in order to get people to bash the bulls and its players.

Specifically the part where NO ONE ATTEMPTED to read the whole article. Funny how things like this work yet people only care when it is there fan base.

This is the NBA forum don't expect people to be smart enough to read more then a paragraph of an article.

John Walls Era
05-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Pretty funny. Barkley is a bitter old man though, clearly their fans got into his head.

305sportsfan
05-24-2011, 05:36 PM
I, for one, found this funny as heck!! Not like Chuck hasn't dealt with worse... It's all in good fun, it's not like in LA where a guy got beaten senseless...

daleja424
05-24-2011, 05:39 PM
It also amusing that you all find it hilarious and fitting when these kinds of things are being chanted at HEAT players in games...but when HEAT fans do it...its classless :facepalm:

John Walls Era
05-24-2011, 05:42 PM
It also amusing that you all find it hilarious and fitting when these kinds of things are being chanted at HEAT players in games...but when HEAT fans do it...its classless :facepalm:

:shrug: When Bulls fans spit at people its great. But when the Heat fans throw a shirt, all hell breaks loose.

PS: When I say "fans" I just meant one person.

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 05:47 PM
I think some of the people in this thread are getting a lot more upset about this whole situation than anyone in the video. I mean, most of those fans were laughing when he flipped them off...

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Can't stand Heat fans

A) They think they are the only team in NBA history.
B) They think LeBron, Wade and Bosh are the 3 best players in the NBA including best 3 players in NBA history.
C) They think they are an automatic lock for 10 straight titles...

:silly:

Naw but seriously, stupid statement....

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 05:48 PM

....not like the Heat did anything to provoke that sort of reaction or anything

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 05:50 PM
This is not free reign to bash on HEAT fans people. The act of throwing towels at Charles was juvenile and pretty classless... but all of you people that have made sweeping generalizations about HEAT fans in general need to cool it.

Complain about people making sweeping generalizations...

Make sweeping generalizations about those people.

daleja424
....not like the Heat did anything to provoke that sort of reaction or anything

thats fine if you feel that way. Im not delusional. A lot of fans hate the HEAT.

BUT Charles provoked the reaction as well with numerous digs at the HEAT... (again, I encourage you to read the link I posted)

northsider
:shrug: When Bulls fans spit at people its great. But when the Heat fans throw a shirt, all hell breaks loose.

PS: When I say "fans" I just meant one person.

Except people bashed Bulls FANS and Chicago in general mercilessly after that had happened and we were all generalized. So I really don't get your point.

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Pretty soon it will be Miami fans (and the few allies) vs. PSD/World...If it's not like that already

daleja424
05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Complain about people making sweeping generalizations...

Make sweeping generalizations about those people.

Yes... people in this thread are generalizing the actions of a few HEAT fans to the entire fanbase...

While I am equating the HEAT haters in this thread with the HEAT haters in other threads...

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes... people in this thread are generalizing the actions of a few HEAT fans to the entire fanbase...

While I am equating the HEAT haters in this thread with the HEAT haters in other threads...

So... doing the exact same thing. Nailed it!

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 05:54 PM
thats fine if you feel that way. Im not delusional. A lot of fans hate the HEAT.

BUT Charles provoked the reaction as well with numerous digs at the HEAT... (again, I encourage you to read the link I posted)

I like the heat, never been a hater. Im just saying when you make a spectacle before the season starts you have to man up and take the consequences.

Im aware of the digs Barkley took but for the most part they were true and certainly not malicious......

ChicagooooBulls
05-24-2011, 05:54 PM
such classy bandwaggoners

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 05:56 PM
such classy bandwaggoners

Just wondering, how can you tell the difference between actual fans and bandwaggoners?

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Just wondering, how can you tell the difference between actual fans and bandwaggoners?

:p

BradHolt4CYoung
05-24-2011, 06:03 PM

Gotemz!

venom210
05-24-2011, 06:03 PM
What a bunch of disrespectful **** heads.

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 06:04 PM

I assume you're joking so I won't give a rebuttal. :p

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 06:05 PM

troll

WadeCounty
05-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Funny thing is I'm seeing Bulls and Laker fans calling us "no class" but yet we're not the fan base that just this season threw spit at Grant Hill or the fan base 2 years back that threw foam fingers on a holy day as christmas day :rolleyes: and then later that same season go out and commit crimes such as looting businesses, smashing cars, starting fires, just because they won a championship. Next time instead of foam fingers they should hand you guys foam pitch forks, acting like a bunch of angry farm folks for no apparent reason :facepalm:

smith&wesson
05-24-2011, 06:08 PM
sir charles is the man. he is a legend, a top 50 player of all time.

Cromedome
05-24-2011, 06:14 PM
The fans chanting FU FU and throwing towels should have exhibited some self-control.

D Roses Bulls
05-24-2011, 06:16 PM
stay classy heat fans:rolleyes:

8kobe24
05-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Charles Barkley is fearless. "F U Charles" ... "F U back!"

t_money25
05-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Funny thing is I'm seeing Bulls and Laker fans calling us "no class" but yet we're not the fan base that just this season threw spit at Grant Hill or the fan base 2 years back that threw foam fingers on a holy day as christmas day :rolleyes: and then later that same season go out and commit crimes such as looting businesses, smashing cars, starting fires, just because they won a championship. Next time instead of foam fingers they should hand you guys foam pitch forks, acting like a bunch of angry farm folks for no apparent reason :facepalm:

It's simple...misery needs company. Most of the people on here that are bashing an entire HEAT fanbase for a couple of fans acting like idiots are just dissapointed their teams aren't in the playoffs or they're about to get eliminated.

I don't blame Barkley for giving them the finger at all. But he needs to understand when you talk negatively about someone be prepared to deal with the consequences.

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
stay classy heat fans:rolleyes:

Yea, heat fans should act like bulls fans and spit on people.

Punk
05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Chuck talks alot of crap about New York and the Knicks but our fans never go that far for no reason.

He had all the right to flip those losers off. Half of them are a bunch of bandwagon riders. I don't know how anyone can take them seriously.

northsider
05-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Yea, heat fans should act like bulls fans and spit on people.

Wait you mean FAN cause FANS is plural meaning many people did this like many heat FANS were chanting. This for you is a case of tons of people where the other is just one dumb idiot like the one heckling Noah.

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Wait you mean FAN cause FANS is plural meaning many people did this like many heat FANS were chanting. This for you is a case of tons of people where the other is just one dumb idiot like the one heckling Noah.

Every player gets heckled, lebron gets it the most, especially about his mom, you dont see him overreacting.

naps
05-24-2011, 06:52 PM

Its disgusting.

Because he has been ****ing with HEAT all year long including taking frequent shots at it's fanbase. You are a certified HEAT (just like chuck) who NEVER has anything positive about the HEAT in his posts. So you will always support something that goes against the HEAT or it's fanbase. No surprise here. Listen, Dislike =/= Hatred or bitterness. If you know the difference between Dislike and other two words you will know what I am talking about.

northsider
05-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Every player gets heckled, lebron gets it the most, especially about his mom, you dont see him overreacting.

I was just ****ing with you. I just get a kick out of how far some people on here are going to bash each other. I really don't give a **** about anything that has happened other then the loses of the Bulls which speak louder then any of this petty ******** people continue to argue on here daily.

knicks4life33
05-24-2011, 06:56 PM
i didnt even know the miami heat had a fan base that showed up early enough to do that at the pre game

championships
05-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Sounds like alot of people can't stand Heat fans lately. Deng wants to punch them, Noah calls one a ***, and Barkley flips them off.

championships
05-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I can't really blame Heat fans. They're pretty new at handling a successive team.

SteBO
05-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Cool it with the baiting in here guys.....

daleja424
05-24-2011, 07:17 PM
I agree... using a word like "rape" in the context of sports is seriously uncool...

SteBO
05-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah, not the best term to use there naps. The Heat still have to win tonight, otherwise this series becomes a headache again. It still is one to me actually.

mttwlsn16
05-24-2011, 07:28 PM
:laugh: charles barkley u are the man :clap:

naps
05-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Yeah, not the best term to use there naps. The Heat still have to win tonight, otherwise this series becomes a headache again. It still is one to me actually.

Ok. May be I picked the wrong word but I obviously didn't mean that. I was trying to let him know how stupid his post was. You would know what I was saying if you see the post I quoted.

SteBO
05-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Ok. May be I picked the wrong word but I obviously didn't mean that. I was trying to let him know how stupid his post was. You would know what I was saying if you see the post I quoted.
Haha. Understandable bro, nothing to worry about. I just try to ignore things like that, but I know how difficult that is.

SeoulBeatz
05-24-2011, 08:01 PM

Roger Goodell is a slimy piece of ****.

Barkley is a person who I find impossible to hate.

Even when he said my sixers were, and i quote, "a middle school team going against varsity and there ain't no way in hell they're gonna win a game against the heat," I took it in good fun because that's just Charles being Charles.

He has his opinions, but no need for all that.

305sportsfan
05-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Funny... Barkley just said that Heat fans, in general, have been great. Clarified the obvious, that what happened SUnday night was just the case of a couple drunk fans. Untie that knot in those panties fellas. GAMETIME!!

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 09:38 PM
this thread has become very unproductive