PDA

View Full Version : MVP of the playoffs thus far?

Ebbs
05-24-2011, 02:38 PM
If today everyone had to vote for who they believed was the MVP so far in the NBA playoffs who would you choose?

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
lol, a Mavs fan wanting us to praise Dirk.

TheHighLife
05-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Clearly Nowitzki.

Ebbs
05-24-2011, 02:41 PM

Well I hope he gets the nod here from the NBA forum. I mean he deserves it after PSD told him Pau Gasol was the better Power Forward.

And actually this came into my mind because my boss and me were arguing who was more important to there team thus far. He is a bulls fan who said it was Rose. I obviously believe it's Dirk. But don't act like it's homerism. . .

210Don
05-24-2011, 02:42 PM

:rolleyes:
i went with rose

Baller1
05-24-2011, 02:44 PM
It's 100% Dirk. I see no conceivable argument for anyone else.

HoopsDrive
05-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Dirk easily.

ManRam
Dirk or LeBron.

Probably Dirk at this point. He's been otherworldly offensively. His efficiency is something I haven't seen in a while. He's scoring 28+ points on 18 shots a game. That's remarkable.

Dirk has been superior offensively (scoring), but LeBron's defense is far superior. It's been amazing these last few games especially, but all playoffs long. I'd argue he's been the best defender so far in the playoffs, and the best by a wide margin.

If they meet up in the Finals, that should settle it.

gbpackers12
Dirk, not even close.

AllBall
05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Joel Anthony, not even close.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Dirk, followed slightly by LeBron.

The Mavs would be sitting at home if Dirk's offense wasn't in unstoppable mode, and the Heat would be in trouble if LeBron, the biggest choker ever (:)), wasn't closing games like Mariano Rivera

SteBO
Dirk or LeBron.

Probably Dirk at this point. He's been otherworldly offensively. His efficiency is something I haven't seen in a while. He's scoring 28+ points on 18 shots a game. That's remarkable.

Dirk has been superior offensively (scoring), but LeBron's defense is far superior. It's been amazing these last few games especially, but all playoffs long. I'd argue he's been the best defender so far in the playoffs, and the best by a wide margin.

This one shares my thoughts.

Ebbs
Dirk or LeBron.

Yea should the Mavs play the Heat it would go along way. This Mavericks team has been playing great ball in the playoffs. However I predicted Miami to win it this year before the season started and I think we would struggle against them.

It would be nice to get some redemption from 2006 if it happens.

Eagles4Lyfe

hahaha:clap: well said, THIS!!!

But it is Dirk without a doubt and nothing else can be said.

YankeeClipper5
05-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Dirk, followed slightly by Nowitzki

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 02:51 PM
It's not any of the Heat players, just because each one has stepped up in different games. Durant has been pretty bad the past 2 games, and Rose is having trouble too. It's gotta be Dirk, even though he has more roster support than the other teams left.

JordansBulls
05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Dirk pretty handily. Beat the 2x defending champions and on the verge of beating 2 players that many considered better than him in Kobe and now Durant. All without another allstar player on his team.

ManRam
05-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Dirk and LeBron are tied for the lead in WS/48.

1. LeBron James-MIA 0.249
2. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 0.249
3. Chris Paul-NOH 0.242
4. Dwight Howard-ORL 0.238
5. Dwyane Wade-MIA 0.226

Those are some pretty good numbers.

LeBron leads all playoff players in Defensive win shares and is top 10 in DRtg. Dirk is second in offensive win shares and also top 10 in DTrg.

I do think they've been head and shoulders above the rest. Paul was putting up complimentary numbers, but he obviously lost in Round one. Dwight was also putting up amazing numbers (#1 in DRtg and 4th in WS/48).

Yoshimitsu
05-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Dirka Dirka

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Easily dirk....then rose...then everyone else

HoopsMachine
05-24-2011, 03:22 PM
not sure why you need a poll, at this point anyone watching the playoffs would know it's dirk

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Dirk and Lebron is tied IMO

tredigs
05-24-2011, 03:25 PM

41% shooting, 26% from three (chucking up 6 a game). Middling defense. He hasn't been a shadow of the player Lebron is. Hasn't been as good as Wade or Durant, either. Obviously was nowhere near Cp3's level of play, but unfortunately his shell of a team went out too early to be mentioned seriously in a poll like this.

Let's not bring him into this debate.

My order goes:

1a) Dirk
1b) Lebron (HUGE force on both ends, but Dirk's offense has just been surreal at times so I'll give him a nod).

2a) Durant
2b) Wade

Honorable mention to Cp3 and Dwight. I feel that as MVP, Rose has disappointed, especially against the Heat.

DeyAce
05-24-2011, 03:35 PM
no doubt Dirk followed by Rose

CHANGO
05-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Dirk then Lebron.

AntiG
05-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Dirk and then LeBron, by far. After that CP3 and Durant.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 05:25 PM
how can anyone make a case for Rose being in the top 2-3 here? Honestly

I do find it funny that so many LeBron critics spent all of last summer and this season saying he went to Miami and would ride Wade's coattails. And here with are with LeBron having the better stats, and the ball in his hands at the end of the biggest games.

But again, its Dirk, then LeBron. After that, I would say Durant and Wade of those still left, and then we get to Rose.

Season aint over yet. So these may change obviously.

ManRam
05-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah. A vote for Rose, even a second place vote, makes zero sense at all. He hasn't played nearly as well as most these guys. He hasn't elevated his game really at all. Let alone the fact that his impact on the defensive end of the court is a joke compared to LeBron's.

northsider
05-24-2011, 05:29 PM
LOL someone still picked Rose.

This is Dirk by a landslide.

210Don
05-24-2011, 05:31 PM
rose has single handily carried his team to the ecf id take him over dirk.
props to dirk tho has had a great series
dirk stats
PPG
RPG
APG
drose stats
PPG
RPG
APG
ill take rose

ChitownSports16
05-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Dirk for sure!

Pastor Richie
05-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Dirk has more Roster support? Ill give you more than Chicago and OKC (They may have more but they are so young!). But to say that Jason Terry, Kidd and Chandler are better roster support than Wade and Bosh is pretty ridiculous dont you think?

Dirk has been the talk of the playoffs this year.

It's not any of the Heat players, just because each one has stepped up in different games. Durant has been pretty bad the past 2 games, and Rose is having trouble too. It's gotta be Dirk, even though he has more roster support than the other teams left.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Dirk has more Roster support? Ill give you more than Chicago and OKC (They may have more but they are so young!). But to say that Jason Terry, Kidd and Chandler are better roster support than Wade and Bosh is pretty ridiculous dont you think?

Dirk's roster support has been overrated by everyone this year. He had more in 2006 when he went to the finals, that is for sure, along with a few other years.

Honestly, if Dirk hadn't been on fire this playoffs, they would be home already.

If the Mavs win the NBA championship, Dirk will have had one of the best playoff performances of the decade.

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 05:44 PM

Yeah, Dallas has a deeper roster than any other team with more guys that can drop 20 on any given night. Terry, Berea, Marion, Kidd, even Peja can score 20 in a game. The Heat do have 3 players that can put up 30 on you though, but that's it. Dirk has more roster support.

I guess by more, I mean Dallas goes deeper. More as in more quantity, but obviously not the quality of players that Lebron has.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 05:44 PM
None of the above.

Zach Randolph baby!!!

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Dirk Nowitzki

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2011, 05:46 PM
None of the above.

Zach Randolph baby!!!

lol if we were still in the postseason this might actually be in the conversation :clap:

jockrider
05-24-2011, 05:49 PM
dirk stats
PPG
RPG
APG
drose stats
PPG
RPG
APG
ill take rose

lmao @ you for using per game stats to figure who has been better

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Dirk is playing out of his mind, but so is lebron and lebron is playing world class defense. So i pick lebron.

Ebbs
05-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Dallas has all good but limited role players lol. Like hawkeye said the cast isn't that great.

Chacarron
05-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Lebron is becoming a closer. We knew Dirk was good in the "clutch" whatever that is.

SteveNash
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
LeBron, Dirk has had much more favorable matchups and his defense has been terrible.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 06:00 PM
lol if we were still in the postseason this might actually be in the conversation :clap:

Hey I still have to give big Z-Bo some love. For a guy that always took a lot of criticism he really put on a show this post season!

John Walls Era
05-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Well I hope he gets the nod here from the NBA forum. I mean he deserves it after PSD told him Pau Gasol was the better Power Forward.

And actually this came into my mind because my boss and me were arguing who was more important to there team thus far. He is a bulls fan who said it was Rose. I obviously believe it's Dirk. But don't act like it's homerism. . .

:pity: No one better think that.

Underrated Wade
05-24-2011, 06:18 PM
I would like to say wade but currently its dirk. When miami and mavs meet in the finals this year (which i hope) i have a feeling wade will literally take over

Underrated Wade
05-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Dirk is playing out of his mind, but so is lebron and lebron is playing world class defense. So i pick lebron.

People are not giving wade credit for his tremendous defensive effort on defense again. This is why my name is underrated wade

8kobe24
05-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Dirk so far... Lebron has been good too, but I gotta give it to Dirk.

8kobe24
05-24-2011, 06:21 PM
People are not giving wade credit for his tremendous defensive effort on defense again. This is why my name is underrated wade

ok

210Don
05-24-2011, 06:22 PM
lol @ underratedwade wtffffffffffffff

Bruno
05-24-2011, 06:30 PM

I agree with you. If I had to pick between the two I'd say LeBron has been slightly better this post season. Their PER is nearly identical, but James has been slightly more efficient. Which should be expected, considering that Wade has been guarding the league MVP on defense for large portions of this series. There is no denying that LeBron is getting a lot more attention; which is also expected because he has more pressure on him to perform. He's stepped up, and he's getting the credit he deserves. But Wade deserves his as well, no doubt.

The MVP of the playoffs has been Dirk, with James and Wade behind him. Rose has performed well, but his team is down, and his scoring efficiency is a notch below mediocre (TS%- .517). I'd argue KD over Rose at this point, as well as Dirk, James and Wade.

Bruno
05-24-2011, 06:34 PM
LeBron, Dirk has had much more favorable matchups and his defense has been terrible.

Wallace/Aldridge & Gasol/Odom aren't the most favorable match-ups for Dirk; he's just outperformed them all. I thought his D in the LA series was fine.

LBJ has been matched up with tough defenders though, I'll give you that. He's had to play Iggy/Pierce+Green/and Deng. Arguably the best players you could put on him.

DieHardCubFan
05-24-2011, 06:37 PM
clearly derrick, lol

THE GIPPER
05-24-2011, 06:42 PM
1. Dirk
2. Lebron
3. CP3

Cal827
05-24-2011, 06:43 PM
How in the hell does Derek Rose have votes lol? He hasn't been that great so far in the playoffs. I mean yeah he averaging 27ppg, but he's only shooting 41% from the field. The clear MVP right now is Dirk :29ppg, 52% shooting from both mid and 3pt range, over 90 percent on free throws and the clutch shots... Second is Joel Anthony clearly lol

Chronz
05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
dirk stats
PPG
RPG
APG
drose stats
PPG
RPG
APG
ill take rose

Thats fine but whats the point of posting the stats if they dont favor your argument?

Dash
05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Dirk, followed slightly by Nowitzki

This.

dtmagnet
05-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Derp Nowitzki.

Dash
05-24-2011, 06:48 PM

210Don
05-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Thats fine but whats the point of posting the stats if they dont favor your argument?

yeah because a 7 footer avg 7 rebounds a game is acceptable.....
i rather have a guard then a forward that plays like a guard
also im sorrrrrrryyyyy for pickin the mvp of the league

Dash
05-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't get how some are comparing stats to see who's doing best.

Just WATCH, don't compare everything by stats, Dirk is clearly ******** on teams, It's Dirk by a lot.

He is carrying his team more than a ****ing moving van carrying a house.

Bruno
05-24-2011, 06:56 PM

MVP of the regular season rarely carries weight in terms of who will become the playoff, or Finals MVP. Do you know how many times the regular season MVP also became Finals MVP in the same season since '98? Are you saying that he "plays like a guard" because he's averaging seven and a half rebound this post-season?

Care to explain your pick for playoff MVP considering his less than mediocre scoring efficiency, and the fact that his team is down in the series?

Bruno
05-24-2011, 06:58 PM

Just WATCH, don't compare everything by stats, Dirk is clearly ******** on teams, It's Dirk by a lot.

Stats reflect what we watch live, the stats support Nowitzki here. Notice not one person who picked Rose is discussing advanced stats (because it doesn't help their argument).

Stats help to confirm what we witness with out own eyes. I agree that it's Dirk, but James and Wade are right behind him.

Chronz
05-24-2011, 07:02 PM
In this case why wouldnt it be?

I rather have the guy whos impacting the game to a greater degree

You should be sorry for bringing that logic, the MVP of the REGULAR SEASON who isnt even a bonafide top6 player in the league. Rose has been OK but there are so many better playoff performers that picking him based on your selective stats is laughable. Think of something better because the stats arent in your favor here.

Because you need to be able to measure what it is your watching and nobody is going to take your word on empty opinions. There is no need to post stats if they dont support your argument.

Phenomenonsense
05-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Stats reflect what we watch live, the stats support Nowitzki here. Notice not one person who picked Rose is discussing advanced stats (because it doesn't help their argument).

Stats help to confirm what we witness with out own eyes. I agree that it's Dirk, but James and Wade are right behind him.

Yep. You throw FGA into the argument and Drose falls behind.

Dash
05-24-2011, 07:05 PM

Ok? What if LeBron was averaging 40 ppg, and his team was down 3-0 then stats don't prove anything.

Bruno
05-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok? What if LeBron was averaging 40 ppg, and his team was down 3-0 then stats don't prove anything.

Like last year and the year before that, your hypothetical would prove that his supporting cast was mediocre.

There is a reason why countless coaches and GMs review and study both advanced and counting statistics.

AnalyzeNShoot
05-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Dirk, one man army!

Tanakid777
05-24-2011, 07:54 PM

Read my mind

Minimal
05-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Obviously Dirk.

Bishnoff
05-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Dirk, and it's not even close.

metsfaninSTL
05-24-2011, 08:12 PM
def. dirk

Avenged
05-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Dirk in a long mile.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-24-2011, 09:00 PM
I would like to say wade but currently its dirk. When miami and mavs meet in the finals this year (which i hope) i have a feeling wade will literally take over

And why wouldn't Dirk, who takes over more games, take over?

DoJoTheSlasher
05-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Dirk in a landslide. People have to realize he is averaging not only 28 ppg but he is also shooting 55% from the field, about 65% from the 3 pt line and over 90% at the FT line. He has taken many games over. Rose has shot poorly from the field... Dirk has had like 1 bad shooting game, Rose has had like 6 or 7. LeBron is a close second. Dirk just doesn;t get near enough respect LeBron/Rose gets.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Dirk in a landslide. People have to realize he is averaging not only 28 ppg but he is also shooting 55% from the field, about 65% from the 3 pt line and over 90% at the FT line. He has taken many games over. Rose has shot poorly from the field... Dirk has had like 1 bad shooting game, Rose has had like 6 or 7. LeBron is a close second. Dirk just doesn;t get near enough respect LeBron/Rose gets.

while I agree its Dirk, its not in a landslide. LeBron is right with him offensively, and better defensively. However, without Dirk playing like he is, Dallas would be way gone by now. So its

1a: Dirk
1b: LeBron

KnicksR4Real
05-24-2011, 09:31 PM
dirk... followed by me

KnicksR4Real
05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
actually maybe lebron

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 09:35 PM
dirk... followed by me

you have been pretty awesome

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 09:50 PM
this is a no-brainer! Dirk!

Greet
05-24-2011, 10:00 PM
D-Rose is the next M.J... So clearly him

DoJoTheSlasher
05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
while I agree its Dirk, its not in a landslide. LeBron is right with him offensively, and better defensively. However, without Dirk playing like he is, Dallas would be way gone by now. So its

Look at Dirk's shooting percentages and then look at LeBron's.
Look at Dirk's 4th quarter scoring and LeBron's (don't exactly know Bron's)
Defensively Dirk hasn't been bad at all. LeBron has also had more "off games" than Dirk.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Look at Dirk's shooting percentages and then look at LeBron's.
Look at Dirk's 4th quarter scoring and LeBron's (don't exactly know Bron's)
Defensively Dirk hasn't been bad at all. LeBron has also had more "off games" than Dirk.

and read my posts in this thread........

honestly

Yankeefan213
05-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Dirk with LeBron a VERY distant 2nd

numba1CHANGsta
05-24-2011, 11:10 PM
This thread is pointless, such an obvious answer, Dirk is probably having the hottest streak in the playoffs since i dont even know who, since probably Shaq from 00-02 or Duncan during his 03 championship

Cal827
05-24-2011, 11:12 PM
If anybody is watching the game on right now, there's no doubt that it's Dirk at 1, Lebron in second. Derek Rose is overrated (By that I mean he shouldn't even be listed here)... so far 23 points on 24 shots and more turnovers than assists :facepalm: lol

ldawg
05-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Dirk
Rose
Durant
Wade
Lebron

Ebbs
05-25-2011, 12:02 AM

Fail.

Pau was supposedly better than him coming into the season. And Aldridge had a career year.

Yea I agree Lebron is playing well it was you and me trying to convinve PSD he was better than Kobe coming into last season. The difference in my eyes is that without Lebron Miami still has a chance to be in the ECF's. Without Dirk Dallas wouoldn't be in the playoffs.

buch88
05-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Durant should be last on the list. If not, then wade.

buch88
05-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Dirk
Rose
Durant
Wade
Lebron

Lebron 5th? Stop. You should be banned just for posting that because your incompetence is beyond belief.

Meloman
05-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Dirk, LeBron, Randolph. In that order.

SteveNash
05-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Fail.

Pau was supposedly better than him coming into the season. And Aldridge had a career year.

Win.

I've always maintained Dirk was better than Pau, and that it's not even close.

That being said, Pau contained Pau far more than Dirk or anyone else on the Mavs did.

beasted86
05-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Dirk by a landslide.

zo#33
05-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Easily Dirk. I love watching him play

Ebbs
05-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Win.

I've always maintained Dirk was better than Pau, and that it's not even close.

That being said, Pau contained Pau far more than Dirk or anyone else on the Mavs did.

I agree but if I'm not mistaken a solid majority foolishly chose Pau over him.

And while that may be partly true Dirk did a great job on him man to man. Dirk is a quality man on defender especially whilst guarding versatile big men. Dirk's biggest flaw on D is that he plays poor help side and doesn't scooch over and get in the lane. Regardless Pau and Aldridge are two of the league better PF's.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2011, 09:03 AM

haha owned

jp611
05-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Ok, I love Rose, but his per game numbers are clearly skewed, he's been absolutely inefficient this postseason, while Dirk has been about as efficient as can be and still putting up similar numbers, its Dirk by a mile

jetsforever
05-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Dirk
Lebron

Lebron is closer in my eyes than probably most others. I don't like the heat at all, nor am I big Lebron fan but he has been playing fantastic basketball. His defensive game is really being put on display so far. Probably even more so than his offensive attack which has also been really good. I think the fact that people hate the Heat so much and think Lebron is just a one of 3 other players hurts his value in the eyes of posters. But he has been elite.

But Dirk has just been too good. Really playing the best basketball of his life. So he gets a slight nod of LBJ

NYKnickFanatic
05-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Obviously it is Dirk, but I just voted LBJ, cuz I hate when people make threads so everyone will praise their player(s).

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I agree but if I'm not mistaken a solid majority foolishly chose Pau over him.

And while that may be partly true Dirk did a great job on him man to man. Dirk is a quality man on defender especially whilst guarding versatile big men. Dirk's biggest flaw on D is that he plays poor help side and doesn't scooch over and get in the lane. Regardless Pau and Aldridge are two of the league better PF's.

a solid majority, or an overwhelmingly large fan base......

The general, unbiased fan knows Dirk is superior to Pau Gasol. Or any current PF for that matter

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Fail.

Yea I agree Lebron is playing well it was you and me trying to convinve PSD he was better than Kobe coming into last season. The difference in my eyes is that without Lebron Miami still has a chance to be in the ECF's. Without Dirk Dallas wouoldn't be in the playoffs.

no they don't.

But yes, we are on the same wave length regarding Dirk here.

mikealike305
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
I do feel it is dirk, but most of u guys are saying things like "dirk by a mile" or "no question its dirk".
Once again it is dirk but i think its pretty close. Lebron has been huge for the heat. And him shuting down rose was very important for us in that game 4 win.
Hell if lebron didnt stick rose in the closeing mins of the 4th, idk if we would of won that game

nycsports2
05-26-2011, 09:32 AM
dirk, followed slightly by nowitzki

yes

Jay16
05-26-2011, 10:32 AM

Rose ? For doing what ? Do you even watch the games or just pick your favorite players?
Rose , really ? What impressed you about him the air ball he shot up with a chance to win the game. Watch the games a bit more and you'll see that Rose has been turned into Allen Iverson. Decent amount of points but with a LOT of shots.

JordansBulls
05-26-2011, 11:49 AM
dirk stats
PPG
RPG
APG
drose stats
PPG
RPG
APG
ill take rose

No, Dirk has been better. He just got to the finals and beat two guys that many considered better than him in Kobe and Durant, while Rose pretty much has only beaten guys he was clearly superior than in Indy and Atlanta two teams that won less than 45 games. Sure, if we beat Miami it will be a different story but as of now it is Dirk by a clear margin.

JordansBulls
05-26-2011, 11:50 AM
no they don't.

I believe they do. They dominant as much, may have had to go 7 games, but they are good enough to have gotten to the ECF with how Wade dominated Boston.

SoxBearsBulls!
05-26-2011, 12:05 PM
DW and as the poll suggests, its not even close.

NYKnickFanatic
05-26-2011, 12:09 PM
DW and as the poll suggests, its not even close.

Who is DW??? :confused:

Hawkeye15
05-26-2011, 12:16 PM
I believe they do. They dominant as much, may have had to go 7 games, but they are good enough to have gotten to the ECF with how Wade dominated Boston.

I don't think they do. They have a terrible roster, offensively, after Wade and Bosh there, and would struggle to get past Boston and Chicago.

But I don't like to live in speculation world. However, LeBron's effect on his team has been proven.

And JB, I agree with you on a ton of stuff, but your complete faith that LeBron had a good roster in Cleveland forces me personally to believe you aren't capable of evaluating LeBron's effect. And I mean that with no offense bro.

MFFL==FML
05-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Not even close, Dirk Nowitzki....

Eagles4Lyfe
05-26-2011, 01:25 PM
1 vote for bosh i bet it was saddler:p

Jaji
05-26-2011, 01:44 PM
D Rose was MVP of the regular season. Dirk has been MVP of the playoffs. But LeBron will be Finals MVP.

Jaji
05-26-2011, 01:49 PM
If today everyone had to vote for who they believed was the MVP so far in the NBA playoffs who would you choose?

I guess you take solace in the fact that Dirk has been "playoff MVP." A nice consolation prize for another 2nd place finish at the hands of the Heat.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2011, 01:51 PM
1 vote for bosh i bet it was saddler:p

I would never vote for that drag queen

ManRam
05-28-2011, 06:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6600684

Decent watch.

For the record, Devin (from nets are scorching), is a former PSD poster, theuuord. Sucks he doesn't post here any more.

mdlr52192
05-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Melo

Hawkeye15
05-28-2011, 06:50 PM

Decent watch.

For the record, Devin (from nets are scorching), is a former PSD poster, theuuord. Sucks he doesn't post here any more.

he was a good poster

Bruno
05-28-2011, 07:09 PM

Decent watch.

Damn, how did he get onto the Hollinger video?

smith&wesson
05-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Disco Dirk

ManRam
05-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Damn, how did he get onto the Hollinger video?

His blog is an TreuHoop ESPN affiliate. The TrueHoop guys do a lot with those blogs. Pretty neat!

Bruno
05-29-2011, 10:01 PM
His blog is an TreuHoop ESPN affiliate. The TrueHoop guys do a lot with those blogs. Pretty neat!

If I could land that gig I'd probably leave PSD too.

:cricket:

:no::down:

:laugh2:

Ebbs
05-30-2011, 12:08 AM
no they don't.

But yes, we are on the same wave length regarding Dirk here.

It's hard to say but I feel Wade and Bosh still had a chance to get it done.

beasted86
05-30-2011, 09:10 AM
It's hard to say but I feel Wade and Bosh still had a chance to get it done.

Okay, so LeBron signed for $14M a season. Insert whatever player or combination of players the Heat could have signed who would still have the team nearly as good... Go!

The average fan seems to misunderstand this, and can never give me a straight answer when I ask this.

PhillyFaninLA
05-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Not why Rose and Durant are on the list because they didn't make the finals and not sure why other is not on the list.

Regardless I think the answer is Dirk followed closely by Lebron. The only way Mavs win is if Dirk does what he has been doing and I can't see the Heat winning without Lebron doing what he did in the last 2 games against the Bulls. So I think the MVP will be Dirk if the Mavs win and Lebron if the Heat win.

JordansBulls
05-30-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't think they do. They have a terrible roster, offensively, after Wade and Bosh there, and would struggle to get past Boston and Chicago.

But I don't like to live in speculation world. However, LeBron's effect on his team has been proven.

And JB, I agree with you on a ton of stuff, but your complete faith that LeBron had a good roster in Cleveland forces me personally to believe you aren't capable of evaluating LeBron's effect. And I mean that with no offense bro.

The Cavs had the best record all year, they had the highest point differential in winning, they had the highest SRS rating.

In the playoffs they won the first 2 rounds by 10+ points in every game and even in the playoffs the Cavs had a 8.5 pts per game differential which was the highest in the postseason that year.

The Cavs were cruising while the Magic were getting outplayed and down in the series to the Sixers initially and the Celtics without KG and then you expect me to believe that Orlando was the better team all along? I just don't buy that all and really it is just an excuse because the Cavs lost. Also lets not forget the Cavs were up each game at home of the 3 games by more than 20+ points each time.

DeyAce
05-30-2011, 01:43 PM
1. Dirk
2. Lebron
3. Bosh

MalZee24
05-30-2011, 01:57 PM
lebron

Hawkeye15
05-30-2011, 02:03 PM
The Cavs had the best record all year, they had the highest point differential in winning, they had the highest SRS rating.

In the playoffs they won the first 2 rounds by 10+ points in every game and even in the playoffs the Cavs had a 8.5 pts per game differential which was the highest in the postseason that year.

The Cavs were cruising while the Magic were getting outplayed and down in the series to the Sixers initially and the Celtics without KG and then you expect me to believe that Orlando was the better team all along? I just don't buy that all and really it is just an excuse because the Cavs lost. Also lets not forget the Cavs were up each game at home of the 3 games by more than 20+ points each time.

And WHY did the Cavs have all those numbers? I am not disputing their record, or the end results of their seasons. But his cast was not anywhere close enough to championship caliber, as seen this season, where the talent level is essentially the same.

I honestly can't believe you still use a 38 year old, broken down Shaq, and a slow, defensless Big Z, as well as a player who missed tons of time and was a chemistry killer in West, to tell me they were a better team minus LeBron last year than this. Its beyond apparent that LeBron had Mo Williams and Big Z as his sidekicks, going up against teams with so much more firepower its not even funny. When the Cavs ran into a good defensive team like Boston, they were exposed very quickly because the defense just loaded up on Bron and let his subpar roster choke as expected.

RaidersLakers24
05-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Dirk and it's not even close

JordansBulls
05-30-2011, 09:26 PM
And WHY did the Cavs have all those numbers? I am not disputing their record, or the end results of their seasons. But his cast was not anywhere close enough to championship caliber, as seen this season, where the talent level is essentially the same.

I honestly can't believe you still use a 38 year old, broken down Shaq, and a slow, defensless Big Z, as well as a player who missed tons of time and was a chemistry killer in West, to tell me they were a better team minus LeBron last year than this. Its beyond apparent that LeBron had Mo Williams and Big Z as his sidekicks, going up against teams with so much more firepower its not even funny. When the Cavs ran into a good defensive team like Boston, they were exposed very quickly because the defense just loaded up on Bron and let his subpar roster choke as expected.

The talent level was no where near the same this year, stop saying this.

Cavs lost Lebron, Shaq, Delonte, Big Z, and their coach in Mike Brown as well as Varajeo for the year. Then Varejao got injured for the season in December and also it was clearly apparent the team started to tank which as you can tell now they have the #1 pick. It is like when Robinson was injured in 1997 the team began to tank to get a top pick and low and behold they got the #1 pick.

tredigs
05-30-2011, 10:04 PM
The talent level was no where near the same this year, stop saying this.

Cavs lost Lebron, Shaq, Delonte, Big Z, and their coach in Mike Brown as well as Varajeo for the year. Then Varejao got injured for the season in December and also it was clearly apparent the team started to tank which as you can tell now they have the #1 pick. It is like when Robinson was injured in 1997 the team began to tank to get a top pick and low and behold they got the #1 pick.

Only, it was. If not better. Having Jamison from the beginning of the year + a 3rd year (breakout year for most young players) J.J. Hickson. Then you have a full season of the more impactful Ramon Sessions instead of Delonte West (who was literally going insane throughout the season and missing games left and right).

Just look at what Big Z and Shaq did this year and tell us with a straight fa...ont that they are difference makers over increased production/games from Jamison and Hickson.

When Anderson went down the team was in dead last and had last 15 of its last 16. Sorry, that argument also holds exactly zero water.

Like it or not, Lebron singe handedly carried the worst team in the NBA to the best record in the NBA. He is flat out that good. The only time he/they could be stopped is when an elite team meets him in a 7 game series and throws a defensive scheme tailored to stop him. At that point, he needs to get help. I know that you're huge on Shaq and his 11 and 5 in the post-season, as well as Big Z's demonstrative 1.7 point + 1.6 rebounding average when everything was on the line, but it just MIGHT be time to come to grips with the fact that you're overstating their impact JB.

Chronz
05-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Simple explanation, MATCHUPS. Dwight Howard went SHAQ on Clevelands front line, a team like the Lakers/Celtics were able to defend him 1 on 1 and play the shooters. The Cavs only had 2 athletic players and only 1 of them got to play. How did you expect them to defend Dwight?

Also Orlando went on a torrid 3pt shooting stretch, sometimes thats all it takes to get by a superior opponent. Those 2 factors combined and its a miracle it was so close