PDA

View Full Version : Rose: I believe in my teammates but I am taking over.

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 12:11 PM
I definitely believe in them,.......But I want to see what I can do if I take the double-team on. I saw what the double-team did the last two games. My passing the ball the majority of the time really isn’t working. Or we’re not running the right play to get people open. We went over the plays and play calls Monday. Tuesday, I have to be way more aggressive

http://www.twackle.com/articles/Chicago-834Bulls-Point-Guard-Derrick-Rose-Plans-To-Attack-The-Miami-Heat-s-Double-Team

Well this is why he's MVP, take it over Rose. We believe you can do it.

Lets not forget that the Bulls won game 1 because his team was involved, lets see if he can beat the big 3 by himself.

d00d
05-24-2011, 12:12 PM
why say this pregame? prove it on the court, talk is cheap

droalex
05-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Hmm interesting if he can back up his words.

Baller1
05-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I think he goes for over 45 tonight, but also takes a lot of shots. How efficiently he scores will determine whether or not the Bulls win.

John Walls Era
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Good. The best players need to be ball hogs sometimes. You think Kobe, Dirk, Lebron or Wade would ever say this? No.. they would just do it.

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 12:15 PM
I think he goes for over 45 tonight, but also takes a lot of shots. How efficiently he scores will determine whether or not the Bulls win.

Against Miami?

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2011, 12:16 PM
he's nasty. he's gonna dummy the miami cheat tonight

Htownballa1622
05-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I hope he gets to the rim more.hes so explosive around there and should make the game interesting.

That said, this will either put bulls over the hump or hurt them (i know.not a very bold prediction lol)

JordansBulls
05-24-2011, 12:18 PM
The Bulls feed off of Rose. If Rose has it going then it is easier for the team to get it going. If Rose is struggling then it is an excuse for the rest of the team to struggle as well.

dnewguy

We're scared!!!:cry:

Heater4life
I expected him to attack the double teams last game. As said above, if hes aggressive he will get his, but how effciently?

Also, a more aggressive Rose playing more minutes (38min last game) may result in an inconsistent jump shot. We'll see, i expect his best as i do the Heats.

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 12:19 PM
The Bulls feed off of Rose. If Rose has it going then it is easier for the team to get it going. If Rose is struggling then it is an excuse for the rest of the team to struggle as well.

If you beat us by making bad shots, so be it.

beasted86
05-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but a PG shouldn't be thinking like this.

Should be thinking "I'm going to make the right play" IMO. We'll see how this works tonight.

ManRam
05-24-2011, 12:21 PM
He's gotta, but he can't do it to the point where it's a detriment. He needs to do so efficiently (always in issue with him) and he needs to not do so and make the offense predictable. If someone gets hot again, like Boozer, he can't abandon him.

But, who am I to act like I know what he should do? Either way, it's time to play like the MVP he is.

The Heat have guarded him really well. I don't think he's been doing anything different in this series...I really think it's just the defense. Should be interesting how he does.

smith&wesson
05-24-2011, 12:23 PM
big talks. if he can live up to them it would make for a nasty game. boozer needs to get grimey on bosh, thats the x factor match up right there.

ManRam
05-24-2011, 12:24 PM

I don't get this nickname :confused:

How are they cheaters? Pretty childish/foolish attempt at an insult IMO...and yet it's so commonly used.

JuS ViBe
05-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I think watching Dirk play motivated him lol
I have faith in Rose;)

SteBO
05-24-2011, 12:25 PM
I expected this coming from Rose, and I have a feeling he will get 30+ tonight. I really hope Miami is ready, because Rose will be attacking from the jump.

Cubs Win
05-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Let's go Rose!! Show Miami what an MVP looks like when they play with heart.

blacknell
05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Thats what i like to hear from a star

daleja424
05-24-2011, 12:28 PM
hmmm... not sure the is the best stretegy there. The only way it works is if they stop running pick and roll. If they run a ton of iso sets for rose he can be effective... but do we really think that Rose can score 80 points?

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I expected this coming from Rose, and I have a feeling he will get 30+ tonight. I really hope Miami is ready, because Rose will be attacking from the jump.

Jitters?

SteBO
Jitters?

No jitters. Just wanna win the series, man. That's all.

pd1dish
Rose needs to split the double team or pass it and get it back immediately if they keep double teaming him at the top of the key. stop running the pick and roll because it just keeps bringing defenders to Rose.

ChitownSports16
05-24-2011, 12:31 PM
hmmm... not sure the is the best stretegy there. The only way it works is if they stop running pick and roll. If they run a ton of iso sets for rose he can be effective... but do we really think that Rose can score 80 points?

LoL its you again... who said he was gonna score 80 points? So by him saying he's taking over now means hes gotta get 80:confused:

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 12:32 PM
does that mean he;s gonna take 30+ shots?

daleja424
05-24-2011, 12:33 PM
LoL its you again... who said he was gonna score 80 points? So by him saying he's taking over now means hes gotta get 80:confused:

No. But if they are running iso sets for him instead of running offense most of the scoring will have to come from him...

And if they are running pick and roll, he is going to continue to be trapped...

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 12:35 PM

so he didnt play with heart game 2 and 3?

Rose will score 30+ but with ineffeciency and heat still win.

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 12:35 PM
does that mean he;s gonna take 30+ shots?

Lets hope so, I would rather him jacking shots and Boozer lose his regained confidence of game 3.

John Walls Era
05-24-2011, 12:37 PM
50 Points using 50 FGA?

daleja424
05-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I have no doubt that Rose could put up 40... I'm just not sure that is the best chance for the Bulls to win the game.

Gators123
05-24-2011, 12:46 PM
30 points on 30 shots.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 12:47 PM
In Bulls wins these playoffs, Rose has averaged 21.9 FGA and 7.3 assists

In Bulls losses these playoffs, Rose has averaged 24.6 FGA and 8.6 assists

Additionally, the Bulls are 2-2 when Rose shoots more than 25 shots and 7-3 when he shoots 25 shots or less.

This just suggests to me that the Bulls are better when they move the ball and play within their offense than when Rose goes out looking to be more aggressive.

...and in the regular season we saw something similar (In 14 games where Rose took at least 25 shots the Bulls were 7-7. When Rose took less than 25 shots in the game the Bulls were 55-13. Overall, Rose averaged 3 more FGAs per game in Bulls losses than in wins)

tbone2171
05-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Derrick Rose is obviously the second coming of Jesus Christ.

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Derrick Rose is obviously the second coming of Jesus Christ.

thats why the world didnt end on the 21st. D.Rose is just waiting til the playoffs are over for the rapsure

Htownballa1622
05-24-2011, 12:51 PM

Im sure miami knows.They do have the best player in the league on their team who happens to be a 2x mvp.:eyebrow:

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 12:56 PM
30 points on 30 shots.

Most likely

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 12:57 PM
In other words "I won't have enough energy to play defense"...Bibby better get his ish together and knock down those wide open 3's

haggis
05-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Am I the only one who's noticed that they haven't been doubling him that often?

The Bulls try to run the high pick and roll, Miami hard-shows the defender, but because of their athleticism, they are staying with their man, being able to help or slide with their assignment. They are quick enough to show hard, and then stay with their man or help on the weakside at the rim. The show is causing Derrick to either 1. pick up his dribble 2. force a pass 3. leave his feet and attempt either a shot or an awkward pass.

Maybe it's just me...

Hustlenomics
05-24-2011, 01:05 PM
this is what I want to hear

Tarheels23
Derrick Rose IS Chuck Norris with a tan

daleja424
no your right... Rose's best chance is to just be patient and wait for the hedge to roll back into the defensive scheme...

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 01:07 PM

The Bulls try to run the high pick and roll, Miami hard-shows the defender, but because of their athleticism, they are staying with their man, being able to help or slide with their assignment. They are quick enough to show hard, and then stay with their man or help on the weakside at the rim. The show is causing Derrick to either 1. pick up his dribble 2. force a pass 3. leave his feet and attempt either a shot or an awkward pass.

Maybe it's just me...

This.

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Smoke screen?

daleja424
05-24-2011, 01:09 PM

Maybe it's just me...

He needs to stay patient and not over shoot though. The bulls are a better team when he gets the offense going. If he tries to play hero... it may be ugly. No one can be the hero for a full game.

Avenged
05-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Rose is their PG, not so sure this is the best way to go.. You want to get others involved, he won't beat the Heat by himself, come on now. At this point though, might as well try anything they got because they cannot afford to go down 3-1.

SwaggaIke
05-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Rose is the truth & if he can get his game going efficiently, it will power Chicago. At the same time I'm of the belief that this team can't beat us a presently constituted. They have EVERYTHING but a secondary ballhandling threat. Rose has been talking about being more aggressive for two games now. If Miami brings the same intensity, it won't matter.

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM

Maybe it's just me...

yes its true. They rather let Rose shoot from the outside than have him run amok in the paint. Letting him shoot is working. plus i don't think the guy who rolls is cutting hard enough and really just stands on the perimeter after setting the pick. They are gonna stay on Rose until he gives up the ball. Miami's rotation got a lot better in game than in game 1 and 2.

come on like low .400 shooting from the Bulls n game 3 and like under .400 in game 2. They can't generate enough offense from set plays. Thibs is too methodical and sticks with his plays through thick and thin- annd very dependend on the Rose pick and roll situation, where against most other teams, Rose will get into the paint uncontested.

Hustlenomics
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
He needs to stay patient and not over shoot though. The bulls are a better team when he gets the offense going. If he tries to play hero... it may be ugly. No one can be the hero for a full game.

why should he be passive when he plays better being aggressive?

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 01:20 PM

lol when he shoots a lot, the Bulls have less of chance to win. I haven't seen him be aggressive since game 1. there is no more signature Rose splitting the defenders and getting into the paint. Miami's defense is too quick and athletic. Its like Rose is playing himself on offense. He has, in the back of his mind, that Lebron and Anthony are creeping somewhere on the court.

thats why he goes only after Bosh lol. Bosh doesn't want to foul and his shot blocking is non existent when there is body contact to him.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 01:21 PM

I didn't say passive... I said PATIENT.

The more he shoots...the worse the Bulls play... FACT.

The less patient he is... the harder it will be to get good looks against Miami (with the obvious exception of fastbreak looks)... FACT.

If he comes into the game looking to shoot the ball at every chance... the Bulls will lose. He needs to run the offense... like an elite PG is expected to do.

Duddy
05-24-2011, 01:37 PM

Is he scoring all of the Bullls points?

jockrider
05-24-2011, 01:38 PM

he might turn into monte ellis for the night.

Cool007
05-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Should be thinking "I'm going to make the right play" IMO. We'll see how this works tonight.

When you don't have enough offense and you want to win, you do what's needed.

His teamamtes are not stepping it up, so he will have to go in scoring mode.

Also, whenever Rose has said something, he has DONE it and backed it up. I can list a lot of things here if you wanna know/see it.

This is what I have been waiting for. I think he heard the criticism of how many shots he was taking and took a step back since that game #4 vs Hawks.

Now that bulls are behind in this series and his teammates are not helping much, he will have to do what's necessary to win.

I feel good about Bulls now.

King Koopa
05-24-2011, 01:45 PM
In other words "I won't have enough energy to play defense"...Bibby better get his ish together and knock down those wide open 3's

If anything you run a bigger lineup then, Wade/Lebron/Miller/Haslem/Bosh, he'll be playing Wade.

SteBO
05-24-2011, 01:46 PM
When you don't have enough offense and you want to win, you do what's needed.

His teamamtes are not stepping it up, so he will have to go in scoring mode.

Also, whenever Rose has said something, he has DONE it and backed it up. I can list a lot of things here if you wanna know/see it.

This is what I have been waiting for. I think he heard the criticism of how many shots he was taking and took a step back since that game #4 vs Hawks.

Now that bulls are behind in this series and his teammates are not helping much, he will have to do what's necessary to win.

I feel good about Bulls now.
The Hawks are not a good defensive team by any stretch. And honestly, I think Spo is marveling at this. Going 1 vs. 3 or 4 isn't going to beat many good teams, let alone a good defensive team. This is exactly what the Heat want Rose to do, either force up bad shots, or pass the ball and force someone else to beat you. In Game 1, the Bulls were successful because he got everyone involved in the offense, as well as 31 second chance points, that helped too. Rose scored 20 points in Game 3, while Boozer erupted for 26 points and 17 rebounds, Deng had a 14 points-8 rebound night, and still didn't get enough offensively. This could easily change tonight if the Heat aren't careful, but I'm not sure that this is the best course of action if I'm Rose and the Bulls. If anything, the Heat may be glad to hear this, unless this is just some kind of lure or trap. :shrug: I don't really know, but I do know the Heat have to prepare for the worst tonight. This series hasn't been very predictable if you ask me.

Cool007
05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Rose is their PG, not so sure this is the best way to go.. You want to get others involved, he won't beat the Heat by himself, come on now. At this point though, might as well try anything they got because they cannot afford to go down 3-1.

If he is determined and wants to do it, I don't think Heat can stop him.

Besides his 2 other options are:
Deng is shooting 42%, :(
Boozer is shooting 41%. :bang:

Then you have Noah who is shooting 29% as a Center where most of his shots are up close (who doesn't even shoot jump shots), :facepalm:

Kyle Korver (our best shooter) is shooting 25%. :speechless:

Keith Bogans shooting 33% and 30% from 3s :mad:

CJ Watson is also shooting 25% :cry:

The only guy who is doign well is Taj Gibson.

That is basically all your help, what do you expect Rose to say???

AddiX
05-24-2011, 01:50 PM
This what happens when you have a sg fronting like he's a pg.

shizzle09

the refs :cry: miami cheats :cry: the refs :cry: the refs :cry:miami cheat.

thats what your posts consist of.

daleja424

Besides his 2 other options are:
Deng is shooting 42%, :(
Boozer is shooting 41%. :bang:

Then you have Noah who is shooting 29% as a Center where most of his shots are up close (who doesn't even shoot jump shots), :facepalm:

Kyle Korver (our best shooter) is shooting 25%. :speechless:

Keith Bogans shooting 33% and 30% from 3s :mad:

CJ Watson is also shooting 25% :cry:

The only guy who is doign well is Taj Gibson.

That is basically all your help, what do you expect Rose to say???

...and rose is shooting 39%

whats your point?

John Walls Era
05-24-2011, 01:51 PM

3 games in... Heat have been stopping him...

shizzle09
05-24-2011, 01:52 PM
I like Rose's attitude. He knows what has happened the last 2 games hasnt worked so he's gonna take it head on. This is how great players should think. Not sure about letting everyone know his plan but oh well. that said i hope it doesnt work tonight. lol

Gibby23
05-24-2011, 01:52 PM
This what happens when you have a sg fronting like he's a pg.

Or when the PG has Bogans as his SG.

SteBO
05-24-2011, 01:56 PM
At the end of the day, I can't blame Rose for taking this approach. He has to do something. I just the Heat are ready for it and Roses' plan doesn't plan doesn't work. :D
Hoping is all I can do now. I just want the damn game to start.

AllStar44
05-24-2011, 01:56 PM

This. :sigh:

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 01:57 PM
If anything you run a bigger lineup then, Wade/Lebron/Miller/Haslem/Bosh, he'll be playing Wade.

This will indeed happen...He's switched on Wade quite a few times, specifically when Korver's in the game...Coincidentally Wade's late night workout foreshadow's a big night for him.

shizzle09
05-24-2011, 02:00 PM
At the end of the day, I can't blame Rose for taking this approach. He has to do something. I just the Heat are ready for it and Roses' plan doesn't plan doesn't work. :D
Hoping is all I can do now. I just want the damn game to start.

this! hope hope hope we win tonight. 6+ hours of waiting. ugh

ecorrea
05-24-2011, 02:02 PM
he def backs it up tonight

Hustlenomics
05-24-2011, 02:05 PM
lol when he shoots a lot, the Bulls have less of chance to win. I haven't seen him be aggressive since game 1. there is no more signature Rose splitting the defenders and getting into the paint. Miami's defense is too quick and athletic. Its like Rose is playing himself on offense. He has, in the back of his mind, that Lebron and Anthony are creeping somewhere on the court.

thats why he goes only after Bosh lol. Bosh doesn't want to foul and his shot blocking is non existent when there is body contact to him.

exactly and when he was aggressive they won in blowout fashion. On offense they go as he goes

I didn't say passive... I said PATIENT.

The more he shoots...the worse the Bulls play... FACT.

The less patient he is... the harder it will be to get good looks against Miami (with the obvious exception of fastbreak looks)... FACT.

If he comes into the game looking to shoot the ball at every chance... the Bulls will lose. He needs to run the offense... like an elite PG is expected to do.

ok but his passive ways made them lose two straight, and there's been plenty games where he's scored big and the team won

he might turn into monte ellis for the night.

you say that like Monta Ellis is bad

jockrider
05-24-2011, 02:08 PM
exactly and when he was aggressive they won in blowout fashion. On offense they go as he goes

ok but his passive ways made them lose two straight, and there's been plenty games where he's scored big and the team won

you say that like Monta Ellis is bad

tunnel vision, ball hogg, is what im trying to say.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
As I have already pointed out... Rose averages more FGAs and more points in Bull's losses this year than in their wins. The Bulls are a better team when Rose is facillitating a complete offense, rather than looking for his own stuff.

MagicHero3
05-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Im excited! I wanna see how Dwade and Lebron respond to these comments!

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 02:15 PM

exactly right. If they continue to run the pick and roll, and Rose attempts to break down double teams, expect a lot of LeBron/Wade dunks on the other end.

Get rid of the pick and roll, and let your MVP create. There is no way Chalmers or Bibby can stay in front of him, and if they use Wade, they now risk giving Wade tired legs in the 4th

Chi StateOfMind
05-24-2011, 02:25 PM
This to me sounds like a last resort option. It's either I take over or were done type statement. Make your damn shots and play defense. Miami isn't beating us b/c Rose isn't taking over its b/c we shoot poorly they shoot 50%. In the 4th quarter I would expect Rose to amp up his game as well as LeBron & Wade. They to me look like the better defense and hungrier team. IMO.

Tha Truth
05-24-2011, 02:27 PM
It's not as easy as you think Derrick.

SteBO
05-24-2011, 02:28 PM
This to me sounds like a last resort option. It's either I take over or were done type statement.

My thoughts exactly. Look, Rose is a player that has a history of backing up his words in his tenure in the NBA, and I do expect a big game from him tonight. But Miami's defense on him has been outstanding thus far.

ManRam
05-24-2011, 02:31 PM

Maybe it's just me...

I agree 100%. They don't frequently double him instantly. It's when he gets by Bibby that the swarm comes. The Heat defense is so quick and moves so well that they always get there when they need to.

I wouldn't have guessed in a million years, even knowing how good the Heat defense is, that Rose wouldn't be feasting against Bibby. I know the second layer of defense is what's slowing him, but still. It's the best offensive player on the Bulls vs. the worst defensive player on the Heat, and the Heat have to feel like they're winning the battle. It's not even like Rose has to expend a ton of energy on defense guarding Bibby either.

23 points, on 21 shots a game, shooting under 40% is not what I expected. I thought Rose would do much better against Bibby. And again, it's really not an outright double. If you disagree, watch closer tonight.

ne3xchamps
05-24-2011, 02:32 PM
here we go again... heat vs. bulls, another thread that will end ****ed up

Chronz
05-24-2011, 02:33 PM

Can CHI fans stop saying this? The dude barely plays, hes in the starting lineup because he provides a balance for your incredible bench. Rose also plays alongside Korver and Brewer at times, 2 guys Deron had no problem playing with.

You guys are just lucky you dont have to play him 24+MPG the way Tmac and Dwight suffered through.

Cool007
05-24-2011, 02:34 PM
exactly right. If they continue to run the pick and roll, and Rose attempts to break down double teams, expect a lot of LeBron/Wade dunks on the other end.

Get rid of the pick and roll, and let your MVP create. There is no way Chalmers or Bibby can stay in front of him, and if they use Wade, they now risk giving Wade tired legs in the 4th

This is what Bulls fans/Bulls' media as well as National media have been saying. Rose can beat anyone 1-on-1 off the dribble but our coach likes to use the screen and roll (although why is he using Noah there???) so it would open up for others.

But when those others are shooting about 35% combined, it's just not working. I rather spread the court, let Rose go 1-on-1 and let him score or if they collapse then it's his job to find someone open. That open man better knock down his shots.

I can't wait for tonight's game.

DROSE4MVP
05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Well, Rose is better when he's aggressive, but it also hurts the team when he takes too many shots and becomes a ball hog. We'll see what he does... I just want the game to start, ****...

SteBO
05-24-2011, 02:41 PM
This is what Bulls fans/Bulls' media as well as National media have been saying. Rose can beat anyone 1-on-1 off the dribble but our coach likes to use the screen and roll (although why is he using Noah there???) so it would open up for others.

But when those others are shooting about 35% combined, it's just not working. I rather spread the court, let Rose go 1-on-1 and let him score or if they collapse then it's his job to find someone open. That open man better knock down his shots.

I can't wait for tonight's game.

From what I've seen Rose has been going one on one, but the help has been there every time, forcing Rose to pass out. It doesn't help that the other guys are shooting so poorly as well, but some of that credit should go Miami's nearly flawless rotations defensively. I haven't seen this type defense from the Heat all year, and it's a beauty. In saying that though, Rose will have a big game tonight, and will be more aggressive. He's backed up his talk before, so I don't see why he would choose to stop now, but I'm not sure he's faced this type defense before which is the real kicker from the Bulls.

I don't know what exact adjustments Thibs will make for tonight, but I expect Rose to not even hesitate with his moves tonight especially after he beats Bibby off the dribble.

playaman
05-24-2011, 02:42 PM
I think watching Dirk play motivated him lol
I have faith in Rose;)

100% AGREED!:clap:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Rose will win the next game all by himself.:nod:

Cool007
05-24-2011, 03:03 PM
From what I've seen Rose has been going one on one, but the help has been there every time, forcing Rose to pass out. It doesn't help that the other guys are shooting so poorly as well, but some of that credit should go Miami's nearly flawless rotations defensively. I haven't seen this type defense from the Heat all year, and it's a beauty. In saying that though, Rose will have a big game tonight, and will be more aggressive. He's backed up his talk before, so I don't see why he would choose to stop now, but I'm not sure he's faced this type defense before which is the real kicker from the Bulls.

I don't know what exact adjustments Thibs will make for tonight, but I expect Rose to not even hesitate with his moves tonight especially after he beats Bibby off the dribble.

Well, that is the thing. Heat have been playing outstanding defense but Rose hasn't been really aggressive. Or not aggressive enough. when he is really determined, I don't think any team can actually stop him.

I actually like him when he is putting up 27 or so shots a game - especially when others are not making the shots and playing poorly.

Also, a lot of the adjustments are mentally right now. Rose has seen the defenses enough now through his career (including this series) that he should be able to figure it out. He watches TON OF film as well. So I am sure he looked at them over and over and saw where the gaps actually are.

He is a very smart player in that. I am sure he will figure it out and really have a great game. He is last of my worries. The question I have is can Deng/Boozer/Korver/Noah/Bogans/CJ etc shoot atleast 45% to help him out some. To open up the lanes for him or make Heat pay for helping.

This is the 1st time in this series, I actually feel good.

Brooklyn Mets
05-24-2011, 03:07 PM
back up the MVP Title.. 30+ points and a Chicago W should do it..

giventofly
05-24-2011, 03:12 PM

I think maybe you should start to ignore the title next to Derrick's name. It's only common sense, no? It's been what... an entire season and more that he's been the primary scorer for this team? Derrick IS the Bulls offense, and he is NOT a prototypical PG.

SteBO
05-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Well, that is the thing. Heat have been playing outstanding defense but Rose hasn't been really aggressive. Or not aggressive enough. when he is really determined, I don't think any team can actually stop him.

I actually like him when he is putting up 27 or so shots a game - especially when others are not making the shots and playing poorly.

Also, a lot of the adjustments are mentally right now. Rose has seen the defenses enough now through his career (including this series) that he should be able to figure it out. He watches TON OF film as well. So I am sure he looked at them over and over and saw where the gaps actually are.

He is a very smart player in that. I am sure he will figure it out and really have a great game. He is last of my worries. The question I have is can Deng/Boozer/Korver/Noah/Bogans/CJ etc shoot atleast 45% to help him out some. To open up the lanes for him or make Heat pay for helping.

This is the 1st time in this series, I actually feel good.

Guess I can't argue that. Rose is a smart kid, I know. All I know is Miami has to continue the defense they've been playing. If Rose scores, and Miami plays good defense, then so be it. But the Heat do have to be ready for Roses' offensive onlsaught, because like you, I can see it coming.

beasted86
05-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I think maybe you should start to ignore the title next to Derrick's name. It's only common sense, no? It's been what... an entire season and more that he's been the primary scorer for this team? Derrick IS the Bulls offense, and he is NOT a prototypical PG.

Chris Paul IS the Hornets offense, but he doesn't go into any games thinking 'I am taking over' (obviously the OP added his own part to that quote, that's not what Rose said). Chris Paul is thinking about making the right play on every possession, while still being aggressive looking for his own shots.

Sorry, but Rose is not this explosive scorer you guys want to make him out to be. He's scored over 40 only 3 times in his career. I respect Rose and his ability, but he's not a Kobe Bryant who's going to just blank out and start hitting contested shot after contested shot and carry the team to a win against one of the best defenses.

Like I said, we'll see how it works for the Bulls tonight.

KINGBAIZE
05-24-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't care if Rose takes 35 shots tonight........we need him to score and we need a W! Whatever he has to do.....DO IT!

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 03:30 PM
"You can see the fire in his eyes"

http://gobarbra.com/hit/new-2d9ea9f0084647f11171ceeaeee66d82

Cubs Win
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM

But nothing says more than words from a man himself. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI_7k4V_kk

Htownballa1622
05-24-2011, 04:12 PM
But nothing says more than words from a man himself. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI_7k4V_kk

I like how noah narrated it. ;)

Redbull
05-24-2011, 04:17 PM
I know Rose probably didn't want to come out and say this but he kinda has to, his teammates play off of him and if it takes a ''Im taking over'' comment to get him and his teammates going then it's okay.

jezzyman05
05-24-2011, 04:28 PM

Maybe it's just me...

Nope I hear you... you beat me to this

KnicksR4Real
05-24-2011, 04:43 PM
can he back up his words

KnicksR4Real
soundss kind alike what kobe said against the mavs.

KnicksR4Real

lol it never happened. thye ended up losing

ramsizzle
05-24-2011, 04:51 PM

why in the heck are you quoting yourself?

TheHighLife
05-24-2011, 04:59 PM
That's what you can expect the MVP to say.

Purple&Gold24
05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
what d00d first said

northsider
05-24-2011, 05:22 PM
why in the heck are you quoting yourself?

hhahah I was thinking the same thing.

He basically responded to himself.

BcEuAbRsS
05-24-2011, 05:37 PM
I dont care if he "chucks"... just get a damn W and swing this series back in CHI's favor...

Cool007
05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
can he back up his words

Are you talking to yourself again???

gotoHcarolina52
05-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Mike Bibby gonna make it rain 3s tonight.

HesterTrain
05-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Nice, I see you ripped that site off from the Bulls forum this morning. Good job though being original.

HesterTrain
05-24-2011, 05:54 PM
This could just be a distraction for the Heat to think they need to watch him a lot more while leaving other teammates open? I dunno, but he really needs to back up his words because he's been M.I.A. the past 2 games.

HesterTrain
05-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Mike Bibby gonna make it rain 3s tonight.

Nice sig. I should make one that says "Lebrons 4.. I mean 5 head" with the quote "I don't have dreams... I have movies".

footballer2369
05-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Nice sig. I should make one that says "Lebrons 4.. I mean 5 head" with the quote "I don't have dreams... I have movies".

You should!... Because THAT would be hilarious!!!!

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 05:58 PM

Oh how original Mike Epps...

footballer2369
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
As a Heat fan, I really want Rose to try to take over. Has he not watched the NBA the last 10 years? He's just going to shoot the Bulls out of the game early.

northsider
05-24-2011, 06:15 PM
As a Heat fan, I really want Rose to try to take over. Has he not watched the NBA the last 10 years? He's just going to shoot the Bulls out of the game early.

Oh well I would rather see my team go down at the hands of its leader then the leader not take a stand and at least try to do something about it. Nothing worse then having a guy that when his back is against the wall all he does is put his tail between his legs and takes a seat.

footballer2369
05-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Oh well I would rather see my team go down at the hands of its leader then the leader not take a stand and at least try to do something about it. Nothing worse then having a guy that when his back is against the wall all he does is put his tail between his legs and takes a seat.

That's fair.

Right now it's just talk. We'll have to see how he actually reacts. It's easy to talk big, but this is probably the biggest game of his career. We'll see what he's got.

Cal827
05-24-2011, 06:24 PM
and he was listed with the other players that were called "Humble"... :laugh:

This sounds exactly like something AI would say... Lets see if he can actually back up his words.

Raph12
05-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Dumb idea, he'll probably get 35-40 on 35-40 shots (44% or lower from the field)...

8kobe24
05-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Hmmm...I think Rose is using this comment as decoy, "time for me to take over" means all eyes on me while I dance, get the D too focused on me and I dump the ball off to my "more aggressive" teammates who will knock down their shots...

Bullsfan22
05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
What people don't understand is Rose can be aggressive without taking a lot of shots. I think he's going to drive and kick more. I expect a 10 assist game from him. there's a lot of ways he can be more aggressive than just jacking up shots.

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 06:46 PM
What people don't understand is Rose can be aggressive without taking a lot of shots. I think he's going to drive and kick more. I expect a 10 assist game from him. there's a lot of ways he can be more aggressive than just jacking up shots.

It still comes down to the role players making shots.

kjoke
05-24-2011, 06:48 PM
The best thing for the bulls is let rose take 60+ shots, if he goes 20-60, of those 40 misses they get 30 offensive rebounds and win the game

Kashmir13579
05-24-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm actually routing for DRose.... i thought i wanted to see the Heat win but be careful what you wish for i guess...

Lets go Rose!!! 50 points on 22 shot attempts boy lets get it.

ddhulett
05-24-2011, 06:54 PM
I would be happy if I didn't have to hear about Derrick Rose for the rest of the year!

northsider
05-24-2011, 06:55 PM
I would be happy if I didn't have to hear about Derrick Rose for the rest of the year!

Whats funny is if you just stopped visiting the PSD NBA forum you would eliminate a great big portion of that. Unless you obsessively look for threads about him or any news about him.

SteBO
05-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Hmmm...I think Rose is using this comment as decoy, "time for me to take over" means all eyes on me while I dance, get the D too focused on me and I dump the ball off to my "more aggressive" teammates who will knock down their shots...
I'm actually beginning to think this may be the case. It isn't odd for a star to say this, because that may very well be his mindset, but it is odd that he would voice this publicy. Regardless, I expect a big game out of him. He's only 22 years old, but he has a lot of heart, and the Heat have to be ready for what he has in store and adjust accordingly. No excuses.

This is part of what I was referring to in my previous post. Being aggressive doesn't necessarily mean "I'm going to look for my shot from the outset of this game, and not look back", it can also mean attacking the rim, make the defense collapse, and open things up for other guys as well offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points. MIA just has to try to keep him out of the paint for aggressively this time around, since it's clear now that Rose isn't going to stop attacking. As I also said in my previous post, the Heat have to adjust to what he and the Bulls during the game. No other choice.

ddhulett
05-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Whats funny is if you just stopped visiting the PSD NBA forum you would eliminate a great big portion of that. Unless you obsessively look for threads about him or any news about him.

Yeah that's the thing is every other thread is about him...I don't have to look for it i just visit the PSD Forum and there ya go!

Bulls fans can't get enough of his Nutt Sack!

theheatles
05-24-2011, 07:25 PM
i expect rose to still shoot 40% but he's going to get to the line A LOT...he's bascially giving the refs a heads up that you guys need to give me calls

Cubs Win
05-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah that's the thing is every other thread is about him...I don't have to look for it i just visit the PSD Forum and there ya go!

There are 2 Rose threads on the first page of the NBA forum. They were both created by Heat trolls. :rolleyes:

Bullsfan22
05-24-2011, 07:33 PM
It still comes down to the role players making shots.

this added nothing to what I said.. that's obvious, I was simply saying he doesn't have to take a gazzilion shots to be aggressive.

Bullsfan22
05-24-2011, 07:40 PM
This is part of what I was referring to in my previous post. Being aggressive doesn't necessarily mean "I'm going to look for my shot from the outset of this game, and not look back", it can also mean attacking the rim, make the defense collapse, and open things up for other guys as well offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points. MIA just has to try to keep him out of the paint for aggressively this time around, since it's clear now that Rose isn't going to stop attacking. As I also said in my previous post, the Heat have to adjust to what he and the Bulls during the game. No other choice.[/QUOTE]

right on the money here..his main goal is to get in the paint consistently. The Heat has done an excellent job keeping him out the paint all series long.

0nekhmer
05-24-2011, 07:45 PM
..you know something will go down when a soft spoken guy like rose says this!

naps
05-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Ok. My honest anticipation is he is gonna hog the ball and it's gonna be even worse for the Bulls because Rose has been absolutely inefficient this post-season.

Dash
05-24-2011, 07:59 PM
I expect a big game.

Ironman5219
05-24-2011, 08:04 PM
The heat have shown they can shut down Rose. The bulls have to get everyone involved to win. Spread the heat defense and that will open it up for Rose to take over. Otherwise Rose will just run into brick walls, force up bad shots and the heat will win in double digits.

BcEuAbRsS
05-24-2011, 08:08 PM

All of these threads are being started by Heat fans :D

HesterTrain
05-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh how original Mike Epps...

:cry::cry::cry: coming from someone who ripped off a web site from the Bulls forum.

John Walls Era
05-24-2011, 08:19 PM

The reason why hes saying this in the first place is because his teammates aren't hitting shots.

BALLER71
05-24-2011, 08:27 PM

lol wtf?

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 09:25 PM
hit the GT. This has run its course