PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest change that you feel your team needs to make this offseason?

LTBaByyy
05-24-2011, 11:28 AM
The only thing I can think for us, is get a back up PF that is very young (Prefer to be from Germany lol) for the future

So when Dirk is old we will have someone to pass the torch to

Ex: Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers

Plus our back up PF is Brian Cardinal so we need one

Since Marion had to be moved in the starting line up when Caron went down

What about yalls team? If you could choose one thing . .

ManRam
05-24-2011, 11:31 AM
We need a perimeter player who can attack and create a shot for himself and others. I don't care who, but we need it.

We need to let J-Rich walk. We need to pray to the God I don't believe in that Gil can be serviceable with that contract. We need to pull off an amazingly savvy trade.

We need a miracle worker I guess.

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 11:31 AM
get younger and better at the 5

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-24-2011, 11:32 AM
get rid of Shannon Brown.

Khalifa21
05-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Get a defensive minded, rebounding big in FA (Marc Gasol? Samuel Dalembert? Tyson Chandler?) and a solid back up PG for the future in the draft (Josh Selby? Charles Jenkins?).

tyfreaks brotha
05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Get a SF in FA.... I also wouldn't mind trading for Howard :shrug:

Car Ramrod
05-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Raptors- we need a miracle

Or in the least someone who can rebound and score. Basically a cross between Andrea and Reggie.

Tyson Chandler or Marc Gasol would make my offseason. More so Gasol. Chandler is good but his health on long term deal worries me. A big man with a knee injury is a gamble. The Raptors have to deal with enough injuries as it is.

JordansBulls
05-24-2011, 11:50 AM
A sg.

PhillyFaninLA
05-24-2011, 11:53 AM
- Trade Iggy for Monta Ellis or a similiar type of SG scorer, so that Lue Williams and Jodie Meeks can come off the bench and Turner can start in Iggy's spot.

or

- Trade Iggy for a good young underused player and a lottery pick (around 10 or so)

and

- With the 16th pick draft the best rebounding shot blocker available or use the pick and maybe other pieces to get one and move Hawes to the bench as the number 2 center.

todu82
05-24-2011, 11:53 AM
For Detroit they need another scorer, doesn't matter the position they just need another player who can put up some points.

smith&wesson
05-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I would really like for the toronto team to change the raptor name. it doesnt even make any sence.

other then that, we need a 5, we need 2, maybe even a 3. a couple stars woulding hurt .

CeeDub15
05-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Go after some good vets. Move Klove to the 5 against most teams that dont have good C's...Get a guy like Dwill and move Beas to 6th man so we have a good scorer off the bench.

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2011, 12:03 PM
trade Barfnani

Heater4life
05-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Miami needs a good center (with his main attribute being rebounding)

A PG that can play D and knock down open shots

And a young athletic option off the bench.

I think center and another piece for the bench can be achieved this off-season. Of course it all hinges on the CBA.

smith&wesson
05-24-2011, 12:05 PM
We need a perimeter player who can attack and create a shot for himself and others. I don't care who, but we need it.

We need to let J-Rich walk. We need to pray to the God I don't believe in that Gil can be serviceable with that contract. We need to pull off an amazingly savvy trade.

We need a miracle worker I guess.

i wonder if you could package jrich and gilbert for someone like iggy .. when hedo was in his prime before he got traded from the magic he and d howard had great chemistry. iggy is a nice point forward type of player, i think he and dwight could play nicely along side eachother. it would be a very athletic front court with iggy, bass, and howard. but you would lack some shooting.

b_russ
05-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Utah:

Maturity, chemistry, perimeter defense, post presence on defense. With time and if we draft right we should improve these areas. I'm warming up more and more to the idea of drafting Chris Singleton at 12 if he's still there to provide that defense we've been lacking. Drafting either Williams (if he slips), Kanter or Knight would fill some big holes. Not much will probably happen by way of free agency or trades. Bell or Miles could be moved and slight possibility of one of our bigs too (Okur, Jefferson, or maybe even Millsap.)

Bravo95
05-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Sell the team to someone who actually cares.

A center to move Horford to the 4.

A legit 3-pt shooter.

Get rid of Marvin Williams.

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
i wonder if you could package jrich and gilbert for someone like iggy .. when hedo was in his prime before he got traded from the magic he and d howard had great chemistry. iggy is a nice point forward type of player, i think he and dwight could play nicely along side eachother. it would be a very athletic front court with iggy, bass, and howard. but you would lack some shooting.

jrich is an FA, and Gilbert's contract is 10000000000000000000x worse than Iggy's. no chance this trade happens

b1e9a8r5s
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Bulls. Jason Richardson. Athletic SG who can stretch the defense by shooting the 3. That's all I want.

DeyAce
05-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Howard

Hellcrooner
05-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Trade Bynum +ebanks+character+pick for Dwight,
trade Artest for Calderon
Retire fisher
sign battier to the Mle.
Sign some BYE vet center

2012 Champions.

wjmoffatt
05-24-2011, 12:48 PM
LA,
Need a new PG, one that can stay in front of quick PG's and can get in the lane to create shots for others. Some bench help. Also, bring in Dwight Howard and change the whole team, chemistry isn't there anymore. Finally, sign Brian Shaw to be the coach.

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Spurs definitely need size. If they could trade for Josh Smith, that would go a long way towards the upcoming season and give them a player that will be good going forward after Duncan's retirement (should they extend him). He's pretty perfect for the Spurs. He and Duncan would be a good defensive pair, and Pop loves the big man who can shoot.

Giants-49ers-Ws
05-24-2011, 01:30 PM
warriors

a bigger, defensive-oriented guard who can fill in for Ellis and Curry

a SF (whether he starts or backs up D. Wright)

2 Centers and TRADE andris biedrins

and, of course a Coach

Tarheels23
05-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Retire fisher
sign battier to the Mle.
Sign some BYE vet center

2012 Champions.

An overrated often injured Center, 2 d-leaguers, and the last pick in the first round gets you Dwight Howard???? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Why would Toronto want Artest?

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm a fan of the game, so I'll do one move for each team:

Raptors: FIRE COANGELO! Even though they just gave him an extension.
Pistons: Use the amnesty clause in the CBA to get rid of Charlie V's contract.
Spurs: Move Parker, he clearly doenst believe in this team anymore. We need somebody who does.
Utah: Beg Jerry Sloan to come back.
Rockets: Talk Yao into taking the MLE and only play him 20-24 minutes a game. Oh, and pray Thabeet turns into the second coming of Hakeem (and PRAY HARD!)
Memphis: Use the MLE to add some depth.
Dallas: Find a replacement for Kidd (if they win it this season, i see him retiring).
NO: Lock in CP3 long term.
Boston: Bring in soem ring chasers with the MLE and Vet Min
Lakers: Beg Phil Jackson to stay on one more year, and give the job to Adleman if he wont.
OCK: MLE for some veteran help.
Miami: Call up LA and see about getting Bynum for Bosh, then call up that other team in Florida and see if you can use Bynum to pry away Howard. And if you dont win it all this year, trade James while he still has time left on his contract, that way you wont lose him to free agency when he signs with a better team to have a better chance to win titles without having to work for it. Scratch that, it sounds too much like baiting ;-)
Orlando: Get a PF that can rebound and help out Howard. He need a partner to clean up the glass.
ATL: MLE: veteran depth in the front court.
CLVND: Trade that number one pick and try to get two early picks with it, either both this season, or one this season and one next.
Philly: Explore all trade options to bring in a center, preferably Howard, but Bogut or any number of guys would be great.
NY: Fire Dantoni, and bring in a guy who can show Amare and Melo who to be top-notch defenders in this league.
NJ: Make sure you get as much as possible when you end up trading D-Will.
DEN: Bring in Kareem or Hakeem to help mentor young players in the front court.
PORT: Stay healthy and in turn, win 82 games and the NBA title. Note: The first part of that is STAY HEALTHY! Do that, and the rest will follow.
MIN: Trade Rubio's rights for a pick and some help.
SUNS: Free Nash and Hill. Rebuild.
CHI: MLE: Veteran help at SG.
BUCKS: Move Jennings while he still has trade value.
INDY: Keep your roster, find a great coach.
SAC-Town: Have scouts work OT to find the best possible player in the draft to help solidify the great young core they have.
GSW: Convince David Lee to grow a fierce goatee and a mo-hawk. He will be ten-times more intimidating and therefore scare defenders and opposing rebounders away from him.
CLPPRS: Trade Griffen. Seriously. You know he aint staying with the Clippers, get some serious draft picks with that guy and avoid the enormous set-back it will create when he leaves the team to free agency for nothing. Either that or actually commit to winning for a change and give him a reason to stick around.
Bobcats: Get rid of Stephan Jackson's contract. Call up Chi-town, they may be willing to take it on. They could use a guy like him.
Washington: Change your name back to The Bullets. Say this outloud: You NBA Champions Wizards! If it doesnt sound right, there is a reason for that, because it will never happer. NBA Champion Bullets! That has a nice ring to it.

a few of those teams need more than one move, but the ones who actually need only one, they can win it all with that one move.

iggypop123
05-24-2011, 01:37 PM
having a season will probably be every teams obstacle

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Get a Center that isn't 75 years old or a midget.

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2011, 02:00 PM
#1 change for team PSD: Insists that the ******** ****** who cant ***** write a ******* responce without a bunch of ********* ****** ***** astriks all over the ***** *****, so many ****** ***** in fact that I have no ******* ***** ***** clue what these *** **** ***** saying! *****!

MagicHero3
05-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Retire fishersign battier to the Mle.
Sign some BYE vet center

2012 Champions.

lol you cant just retire a player haha

MagicHero3
05-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Raptors: Sign Dwight Howard
Pistons: Sign Dwight Howard
Spurs: Sign Dwight Howard
Utah: Sign Dwight Howard
Rockets: Sign Dwight Howard
Memphis: Sign Dwight Howard
Dallas: Sign Dwight Howard
NO: Sign Dwight Howard
Boston: Sign Dwight Howard
Lakers: Sign Dwight Howard
OCK: Sign Dwight Howard
Miami: Sign Dwight Howard
Orlando: Sign Dwight Howard
ATL: Sign Dwight Howard
CLVND:Sign Dwight Howard
Philly: Sign Dwight Howard
NY: Sign Dwight Howard
NJ: Sign Dwight Howard
DEN: Sign Dwight Howard
PORT: Sign Dwight Howard
MIN: Sign Dwight Howard
SUNS: Sign Dwight Howard
CHI: Sign Dwight Howard
BUCKS: Sign Dwight Howard
INDY: Sign Dwight Howard
SAC-Town:Sign Dwight Howard
GSW: Sign Dwight Howard
CLPPRS: Sign Dwight Howard
Bobcats: Sign Dwight Howard
Washington: Sign Dwight Howard

210Don
05-24-2011, 02:13 PM
get josh smith

Hellcrooner
05-24-2011, 02:16 PM
An overrated often injured Center, 2 d-leaguers, and the last pick in the first round gets you Dwight Howard???? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Why would Toronto want Artest?

Toronto needs defense.
Howard? if he WANTS to go to L.A then magic HAS to trade with L.A or he will simpy walk away for nothing in the summer.

Bynum + two young dudes + a pick or two is better than NOTHING.....i may be wrong tough.

Ezio
05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Bulls - Get a SG that can handle the ball, create his own shot, shoot the 3 and play average defense.

AA
OJ
JR
JR Smith
Lee

210Don
05-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Bulls - Get a SG that can handle the ball, create his own shot, shoot the 3 and play average defense.

AA
OJ
JR
JR Smith
Lee

afflalo would be best oj would be great smith would suck courtney lee would suck trade brewer too, bring him to sa thats exactly what we need

Tarheels23
05-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Toronto needs defense.
Howard? if he WANTS to go to L.A then magic HAS to trade with L.A or he will simpy walk away for nothing in the summer.

Bynum + two young dudes + a pick or two is better than NOTHING.....i may be wrong tough.

The Magic can trade Howard to any team they want. He doesnt have a no trade clause.

Tmath
05-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Toronto needs defense.

Toronto does not want Artest

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Put Derrick Fisher on the bench, actually play the rookies.

jockrider
05-24-2011, 02:36 PM
trade bustani.

Hellcrooner
05-24-2011, 02:38 PM
The Magic can trade Howard to any team they want. He doesnt have a no trade clause.

Yes and howard can say its LAKERS or bust if you trade me anywhere else im not sigining an extension , what team exaclty deos trade for him?

If he REALLY wants to be in L.A as Hinted he WILL be in L.A and L.A wont overpay because they have the leverage.

The only question is Who goes Magic way , Drew or Pau.

Tmath
05-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Yes and howard can say its LAKERS or bust if you trade me anywhere else im not sigining an extension , what team exaclty deos trade for him?

If he REALLY wants to be in L.A as Hinted he WILL be in L.A and L.A wont overpay because they have the leverage.

The question is if Pau gets traded which way does Crooner go? My guess is Orlando :D

PhillyFaninLA
05-24-2011, 02:47 PM

Someone with a picture of Dwight in his sig should know this but Dwight has 1 year left on his contract so this doesn't really work.

TheHighLife
05-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Kings need Chris Paul and Dwight Howard

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2011, 02:53 PM

LMAO!!!! Great post!

smith&wesson
05-24-2011, 02:55 PM
jrich is an FA, and Gilbert's contract is 10000000000000000000x worse than Iggy's. no chance this trade happens

ya probably not. i was just saying orlando should try to get a point forward to play with howard it seems he thrives in that pick and role situation..

it wouldnt be a good deal for the 76ers.

Rangerchick
05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
The only thing I can think for us, is get a back up PF that is very young (Prefer to be from Germany lol) for the future

So when Dirk is old we will have someone to pass the torch to

Ex: Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers

Plus our back up PF is Brian Cardinal so we need one

Since Marion had to be moved in the starting line up when Caron went down

What about yalls team? If you could choose one thing . .

You don't think we need:

1. a big SG who can score and defend
2. a big younger PG - Kidd needs to be on the bench next season

?

smith&wesson
05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm a fan of the game, so I'll do one move for each team:

Raptors: FIRE COANGELO! Even though they just gave him an extension.

why fire BC ?

llemon
05-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Nets need a quality SF, a starting SG, a tough backup PF/C, and to sign Humph.

It would be nice if Lopez doesn't bang any skanks this offseason, and stays healthy so he can work on his strength.

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Get a pg that can take over after billups is gone. Get a bruiser type center. A sharpshooting sg that defends. O and it wouldnt hurt to play a little bit of defense

Yoshimitsu
05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Raps need a team

HoopsMachine
05-24-2011, 03:12 PM
well we would have had Tyson Chandler last off-season until his Airness f'd us at the last minute, but we definitely need a center this off-season

lakersfan01
05-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Trade selfish prick Kobe, Paula, Fisher, Odumb, Puke. Get athletic, tough, smart players.

lakersfan01
05-24-2011, 03:28 PM
get dwight and curry

jockrider
05-24-2011, 03:30 PM

how has howard hinted he wants to be in la

Hellcrooner
05-24-2011, 04:38 PM
how has howard hinted he wants to be in la

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA

sweet-d
05-24-2011, 05:13 PM
The Thunder need to sign or draft a back up for Durant (Grant Hill) maybe. Also they need to sign a good back center that can score hopefully a veteran. People know the Thunder are really good hopefully that means veteran players will start begging to play for the Thunder and take a MLE.

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Trade selfish prick Kobe, Paula, Fisher, Odumb, Puke. Get athletic, tough, smart players.

So the one change the Lakers need to do is get rid of all their players. Got it.

ChitownSports16
05-24-2011, 05:30 PM
GO get OJ!!!!!

gilly
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
We need a superstar/legit 1st option scorer and a center. (Sixers)

Trueblue2
05-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Lakers :
Bynum + odom + barnes + filler for Howard and hedo
Let Shannon brown walk
Sign a good pg with the mle, move fisher to the bench
Get some tallent for sashas trade exemption from a team looking to dump salary, preferably a sg or a pf. Give up picks in the deal.
Get a veteran coach.

Raph12
05-24-2011, 06:35 PM
We need to dump Arenas via Amnesty Clause and try our best to make a trade that give us some perimeter offense... Or even defense lol.

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Raptors: Get a good starting line up, put current starters on bench.

Phenomenonsense
05-24-2011, 07:01 PM
An athletic, shot blocking big and hope Monroe comes into his own on the low post.

Sly Guy
05-24-2011, 07:05 PM
get rid of Bargnani. The way he's been talking about being the franchise player in his off season in Italy makes me scared. I don't like giving the keys to my car to crazy people, let alone jump in with them when they wanna drive it over a cliff.

Cal827
05-24-2011, 07:18 PM
get rid of Bargnani. The way he's been talking about being the franchise player in his off season in Italy makes me scared. I don't like giving the keys to my car to crazy people, let alone jump in with them when they wanna drive it over a cliff.

:laugh::laugh:

As for the Raptors, I think we need to get a good interior center. I want to see what we have with Bayless/Johnson/Derozan/Davis/Center (Kanter or Gasol, or Dalembert, etc). Hopefully they can build some team chemistry and improve next year. Worse come to worse, we will have a high pick in what will likely be a really stacked draft next year :D

Oh, and somehow fool Orlando to trade Howard to us lol :D

Bishnoff
05-24-2011, 07:26 PM
The Suns need to start rebuilding. Everyone other than Gortat, Dudley, and Frye are expendable. Look to free up cap space and accumulate future picks.

Kashmir13579
05-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Trade for Chris Paul or Dwight Howard, or simply get a decent center who can get up and down the floor for 30 minutes and protect the paint.