PDA

View Full Version : Game 4 Dal @ OKC Question

MFFL==FML
05-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Was this win for the Mavericks more about Dirk and the Mavs stepping up huge, the Thunder choking, or both?

Mavericks were down 15 with 4 minutes left in the 4th only to tie it and win in overtime.

Also, how would you rate this Maverick win in terms of importance in the history of the franchise?

210Don
05-24-2011, 12:23 AM
2nd most important ever
behind o6 game 7 that knocked the doors down
if they lost this game they woulda lost the series i beleive great win for them
thuder choked too tho.

MFFL==FML
05-24-2011, 12:25 AM
2nd most important ever
behind o6 game 7 that knocked the doors down
if they lost this game they woulda lost the series i beleive great win for them
thuder choked too tho.

That is about right actually. I'm surprised you said this intelligent statement! :)

BlondeBomber41
05-24-2011, 12:29 AM
I actually agree with 210.

Second biggest win behind the 2006 Game 7 victory over the Spurs. If they end up winning the championship, it may just end up being the biggest.

iggypop123
its about the thunder choking. significant lead you cannot give up. its also mostly on brooks. any 10 yr old kid could have told you the spacing was horrible so why in the world is sefolosha in the game? put in cook so durant has space to work with. mavs did the right thing, doubled off people who cant shoot.

llemon
Very few teams have tried harder to lose a game than the Thunder (especially their coach) did this evening.

heyman321
The Mavericks stepping up.

Oh my god, I can't believe what I just watched. I was up off my seat for the last 4 mins and overtime. I think that "rapture" was about Dirk destroying the OKC defense in the clutch.

Does OKC choking make Shawn Marion block 2 crucial shots in the waning minutes? Nope. Does J-Kidd and Dirk making impossible shots come from OKC choking? Nope. Does J-Kidd inbouding the ball to Terry in the backcourt come from OKC choking? Nope -- their coach didn't even think of that. Props to the Mavericks and Mavs fan. This was an unbelievable game. Best game of the playoffs this year by far.

210Don
05-24-2011, 12:31 AM
I actually agree with 210.

Second biggest win behind the 2006 Game 7 victory over the Spurs. If they end up winning the championship, it may just end up being the biggest.

yeah if they win it then it will be the biggest.

Hustlenomics
05-24-2011, 12:33 AM
it's about Westbrook's selfish ways not being on the bench that fourth quarter again

Joshtd1
05-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Dirk just went crazy in the last few mins. No one can guard Dirk what so ever. That and the shot selection by the Thunder in the last 5 minutes was absolutely terrible. That shot by Durant with 4 seconds left from about 35 feet...not sure why he took that. They are just still too young right now. Oh and Harden fouling out really hurt them as well

Mudvayne91
05-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah, I agree. There should be a "Dirk took over the game" option. OKC did blow it to some degree though.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Dirk took over. Dude hit a HUGE 3 pointer after OKC scored, hits a contested layup, hits a Euro fade away, hits a ONE HANDED 17 foot jumpshot all in a stretch. Dude is flat out amazing.

BlondeBomber41
05-24-2011, 12:53 AM
The Mavericks stepping up.

Oh my god, I can't believe what I just watched. I was up off my seat for the last 4 mins and overtime. I think that "rapture" was about Dirk destroying the OKC defense in the clutch.

Does OKC choking make Shawn Marion block 2 crucial shots in the waning minutes? Nope. Does J-Kidd and Dirk making impossible shots come from OKC choking? Nope. Does J-Kidd inbouding the ball to Terry in the backcourt come from OKC choking? Nope -- their coach didn't even think of that. Props to the Mavericks and Mavs fan. This was an unbelievable game. Best game of the playoffs this year by far.

People are always gonna look at games likes this as the team with the lead choking though.

For example, Game 4 of the 1st round against Portland. Mavs had a 18 point lead to start the quarter, ended up losing. Brandon Roy couldn't miss in that quarter if you shot him, literally.... it really wasn't about the Mavs choking. It was about one player just going berzerk.

Despite that, everyone said "Oh same old Mavericks, bunch of chokers."

mttwlsn16
05-24-2011, 12:54 AM
HUGE W for dallas, and HUGE BLEW IT for OKC

poleandreel
05-24-2011, 12:56 AM
it's about Westbrook's selfish ways not being on the bench that fourth quarter again

dude, your past 8 posts have all been about how bad westbrook. he is better than rondo by miles and he was not AT ALL the reason they lost tonight. poor coaching, DIRK ON FIRE, marion blocking durant, durant settling for terrible shots, durant with 9 turnovers when he isnt even trying to create for others.

Durant took 22 shots.
Had 10 free throws which is about 5 more shot attempts.
Had 9 turnovers-all on trying to drive and score but got striped.

That is about 36 shot attempts. How many more times do you want him to touch the ****ing ball. he was terrible tonight. STFU with the westbrook hate. there is a reason that rondo isnt in the playoffs anymore and westbrook still is

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2011, 01:02 AM
I give props to Dirk in this one, but if your OKC and you know in the last 5 mins, that dirk is not gonna miss, and you have a 16 point lead, you cant at least get a few buckets to end it. Dallas went on a 17-2 run. That is the sign of the thunder choking offensively

shep33
05-24-2011, 01:04 AM
How people forget the Memphis series, and how OKC stumbled to close out games there.

Mavs played great down the stretch, but I say its 75% choke job. Think about what OKC was doing. They had no plays whatsoever, it was all iso for Westbrook and Durant, even coming out of timeouts... Horrendous offense. Then to back it up, they had a huge number of really stupid fouls.

That being said, OKC is a young team, they'll make mistakes. This is good for them in the long run. Not going to win this year but it'll help them in the future. This team is a bunch of kids, which is awesome going forward

Raph12
05-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Both - Dirk went off but the Thunder took a lot of bad shots

Hustlenomics
05-24-2011, 01:12 AM
dude, your past 8 posts have all been about how bad westbrook. he is better than rondo by miles and he was not AT ALL the reason they lost tonight. poor coaching, DIRK ON FIRE, marion blocking durant, durant settling for terrible shots, durant with 9 turnovers when he isnt even trying to create for others.

Durant took 22 shots.
Had 10 free throws which is about 5 more shot attempts.
Had 9 turnovers-all on trying to drive and score but got striped.

That is about 36 shot attempts. How many more times do you want him to touch the ****ing ball. he was terrible tonight. STFU with the westbrook hate. there is a reason that rondo isnt in the playoffs anymore and westbrook still is

it's actually my first time posting about Westbrook in a while. Rondo's a champion Westbrooks a chucker

Mudvayne91
05-24-2011, 01:17 AM
KD/Westbrook took the majority of those bad shots. When they're up like 7 with 3 mins to go and they're getting offensive rebounds, they both need to drain some clock. Not take 20+ foot jumpers while only take a few seconds off the clock. They need a game manager at PG in that situation. If a Chauncey Billups type is on that team in the last 5 minutes, I don't think the Thunder blow that game.

ChiSox219
05-24-2011, 01:25 AM
How about some blame for Harden? If he didn't foul out Brooks could have sat Westbrook and OKC wins.

Sly Guy
05-24-2011, 10:17 AM
if OKC choked, then it was on the offensive end, because I truly believe no one could have stopped dirk when he went off like that.