PDA

View Full Version : Luol Deng: "I feel like jumping in the crowd" and hitting a (opposing) fan.

dnewguy
05-23-2011, 11:37 PM
But at the same time, there's times where a fan like that, honestly I feel like jumping in the crowd and hitting him

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6580552

We understand what he's trying to say but is this the right language to be using against fans?

Cubby
05-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Bold statement. But to be honest, there's nothing wrong with this as long as he doesn't do it. It would be very annoying to have a bunch of cocky, fairweather fans screaming at you (God knows what the hell they're saying).

dnewguy
05-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Bold statement. But to be honest, there's nothing wrong with this as long as he doesn't do it. It would be very annoying to have a bunch of cocky, fairweather fans screaming at you (God knows what the hell they're saying).

I didnt see them complaining when they had more fans at the Pacers and Hawks arena. First hostile arena all season and it's a problem? Do you understand what Bron, Wade and Bosh has gone through but still kept their composure?

Catfish1314
05-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Should LeBron use the word "********" to refer to a question?

Everyone knows what he meant. And everyone should know what Deng is saying here.

ChitownBears22
05-23-2011, 11:44 PM
I got to 5-6 Chicago games a year (usually to watch the other team) and Chicago fans are just as bad as anyone. They were yelling at LeBron this year asking if Delonte is still punishing his mom.

northsider
05-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Uhhh maybe he shouldn't have said it but, with some of the **** I have heard fans and people say to players I am blown away there aren't fights more often. While I understand they have to keep it professional there is still a line too which these guys are only human and crossing that line would make the nicest of people go off.

MelkyNYY
05-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Thug.

hugepatsfan
05-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Think of some of the MIA bandwagoners/Lebron yuppies here and how annoying they can be. Now imagine an arena of them. I don't know how Deng could possibly not vent like this and not go crazy. :laugh2:

MelkyNYY
05-23-2011, 11:46 PM
This is 2011. This isn't the hood Deng. Your first instinct shouldn't be "I want to hit him."

hugepatsfan
05-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Seriously though, Deng should be fined. We all know what he meant, but the NBA has routinely fined people for stupid **** like this. The standard has been set, even if it is dumb.

ChitownBears22
When do the Celtics play again. Once again all fans do this. Players need to be professionals and suck it up.

northsider
I didnt see them complaining when they had more fans at the Pacers and Hawks arena. First hostile arena all season and it's a problem? Do you understand what Bron, Wade and Bosh has gone through but still kept their composure?

He was saying it in regards to backing up his teammate. Just cause our players don't say something to every fan that acts like a ****ing neanderthal doesn't mean they don't face it every game they are at.

I have nothing wrong with him backing up Jo and at least letting people know that a line was crossed and this wasn't just a simple unprovoked attack.

Terrible word choice but, I think allot of us are guilty of having a bad mouth.

210Don
buncha bs he aint doing nuthin

Catfish1314
05-23-2011, 11:48 PM

Noah's gone through it his whole playing career. If you watched him at Florida, then you know what I mean. I'm surprised he hasn't done something like this sooner.

Kentucky and Tennessee games his junior year, arena-wide chants of "Noah's ugly" and "Noah sucks" were heard constantly. It's different when fans involve family.

MelkyNYY
05-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Noah is a thug too.

naps
WTF? He's absolutely mad because of the loss. What a classy Bulls player. In no situation he or any player can make a statement like this. Fans can say whatever the hell they want. First Noah and now Deng. WOW!! Bulls fans please don't try to defend his *** here.

Imagine if this was a statement by LEBRON JAMES...WOW...Bulls fans would be all over this and this thread would reach it's 40th page in no time.

northsider
This is 2011. This isn't the hood Deng. Your first instinct shouldn't be "I want to hit him."

Ohh so cause he said something aggressive and is a black male he is acting like he's from the hood. Way to stay on base. Also Deng is about as far from "hood" as it gets.

Cubsfan365
05-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Honestly, if Deng said it, I think pretty much everyone in the NBA would have similar feelings IMO. Deng is one of the most kind-hearted guys in the league and I think everyone knows Miami has the worst fanbase in the league

Catfish1314
05-23-2011, 11:51 PM
WTF? He's absolutely mad because of the loss. What a classy Bulls player. In no situation he or any player can make a statement like this. Fans can say whatever the hell they want. First Noah and now Deng. WOW!! Bulls fans please don't try to defend his *** here.

Imagine if this was a statement by LEBRON JAMES...WOW...Bulls fans would be all over this and this thread would reach it's 40th page in no time.

Why? I'm sure Deng is just saying the same thing LeBron is thinking when heckling of him goes too far.

MelkyNYY
05-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Ohh so cause he said something aggressive and is a black male he is acting like he's from the hood. Way to stay on base. Also Deng is about as far from "hood" as it gets.

There's hoodlums in Sudan and England

ChitownBears22
05-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Honestly, if Deng said it, I think pretty much everyone in the NBA would have similar feelings IMO. Deng is one of the most kind-hearted guys in the league and I think everyone knows Miami has the worst fanbase in the league

Thats funny because I never new there were any bulls fans between the years 1998-2010. Were they hibernating?

Sadds The Gr8
05-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Think of some of the MIA bandwagoners/Lebron yuppies here and how annoying they can be. Now imagine an arena of them. I don't know how Deng could possibly not vent like this and not go crazy. :laugh2:

this

John Walls Era
05-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Be my guess Deng... someone would probably have to end up saving him after he gets beat up.

northsider
05-23-2011, 11:55 PM
There's hoodlums in Sudan and England

So then I guess it is safe to assume that he is def. a hood fab gangsta.

Kashmir13579
05-23-2011, 11:55 PM
We understand what he's trying to say but is this the right language to be using against fans?
Another quality thread from dnewguy. Questioning the moral boundaries of hoops in an eloquent way. Obviously he had thought provoking debates and quality response-posts in mind when he clicked on new thread . keep up the good work.

Cubsfan365
05-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Thats funny because I never new there were any bulls fans between the years 1998-2010. Were they hibernating?
LOL Bulls have been in the top 3 in attendance since 2004. Check facts before you post

Fnom11
05-23-2011, 11:58 PM
At least our fans don't spit on players......

Dengs just mad his team is losing and Noah shouldn't have said shlt. Lebron/Wade/Bosh heard that crap the ENTIRE season. He's just being a *****.

naps
Why? I'm sure Deng is just saying the same thing LeBron is thinking when heckling of him goes too far.

Do you understand the difference? A professional athlete should NEVER make a statement like this regardless of the situation.

hineswardfan
Someone seems salty...

Cubsfan365
05-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Be my guess Deng... someone would probably have to end up saving him after he gets beat up.
I believe the phrase you're trying to use is "be my guest"

TheHighLife
05-23-2011, 11:59 PM
He'll probably deny that he said that in about a month.

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 12:01 AM
You guys are seriously getting upset about this? He's obviously exaggerating. I don't think there's a story here at all.

Cubsfan365
05-24-2011, 12:02 AM
You guys are seriously getting upset about this? He's obviously exaggerating. I don't think there's a story here at all.
This sums it up.

naps
05-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Rose---Steroid comment and then denying it.
Noah---Cursing the fans.
Deng---Wanting to hit the fans.

Clearly the Bulls are going through some real HEAT.

Kyben36
05-24-2011, 12:07 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6580552

Please, miami fans are so ignorant, I live near there, and everyone talks so much **** like they have done something. I understand exactly what Deng is trying to say, im sure there are a ton of miami fans yelling **** at us, but its probably the same in every other arena. Miami fans are just anoing though.

JIDsanity
05-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Some fans are just douche bags and they deserve whats coming to them.

John Walls Era
05-24-2011, 12:10 AM
I believe the phrase you're trying to use is "be my guest"

Ur right. Facepalm myself..... at least I'm not an arts major :)

Avenged
05-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Every player/team goes through this..

I'm surprised to see Bulls player handle this "poorly" per say as if it's the first time they been through this. These are the playoffs, welcome to the Conference Finals.

naps
05-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Now all the Bulls fans understand what he's trying to say but if it was LeBron they would be all over his ***. Double standard is what the Bulls fans are all about.

MelkyNYY
05-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Now all the Bulls fans understand what he's trying to say but if it was LeBron they would be all over his ***. Double standard is what the Bulls fans are all about.

If Rose said this they'd build him a statute for expressing his honest opinion and showing true loyalty to the Bulls.

Fnom11
05-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Like what could've possibly been said from that fan...it wasn't like Deng played bad. If a fan can get under his skin that badly, same with Noah, then I don't see them touching the Heat for the rest of the series.

Slimsim
05-24-2011, 12:14 AM
I know how loul deng Feels I'm on PSD everyday

Raph12
05-24-2011, 12:17 AM

x2

These guys haven't been through anything yet, the Bulls are the most liked team in basketball... Weak mentaility.

Sergio1984
Must of said something real horrible to the Bulls players, stay classy Heat fans :rolleyes:

LakersMaster24

:facepalm: How educated

Fnom11
05-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Must of said something real horrible to the Bulls players, stay classy Heat fans :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to spit on a player next time.

flclfanman
05-24-2011, 12:18 AM
It happensto alot of players.These guys are under a media-microscope(Right Heat Fans :eyebrow:) and while average joe in the third row has nothing better to do than heckle a guy that makes more monet than he'll ever see in his life.

If I was Noah/Deng, I'd just turn around and flash him a copy of my latest bank statement, "Now what" :D

LakersMaster24
05-24-2011, 12:20 AM

This.

Fnom11
It happensto alot of players.These guys are under a media-microscope(Right Heat Fans :eyebrow:) and while average joe in the third row has nothing better to do than heckle a guy that makes more monet than he'll ever see in his life.

If I was Noah/Deng, I'd just turn around and flash him a copy of my latest bank statement, "Now what" :D

If they're sitting that close they probably have a nice bank statement of their own. I do agree on the media-microscope thing though.

flclfanman

When was this?

Even if that did happen I hate it when people Generalizean ENTIRE fanbase for what 1 GUY did. If we did that, EVERYBODY would have a "bad fanbase"

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 12:21 AM
They're worried about the wrong things...

Fnom11
When was this?

Even if that did happen I hate it when people Generalizean ENTIRE fanbase for what 1 GUY did. If we did that, EVERYBODY would have a "bad fanbase"

Are you trolling or do you really not see the irony here....

LakersMaster24
Notice who started the thread...:rolleyes: Trolls, Trolls, Trolls....

MelkyNYY
05-24-2011, 12:22 AM
What does it matter who started this thread? Deng said something completely idiotic. Sometimes he wants to "hit fans" are you serious? What are we 5?

godolphins
05-24-2011, 12:24 AM

You should look at your fan base first

Spitting on Grant Hill, stay classy Bulls fans :rolleyes: At least Heat fans didn't spit on Deng or Noah

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 12:27 AM
The Bulls seem to have lost their way

goeatfish63
05-24-2011, 12:31 AM
its called homecourt advantage. yell wutever u want but dont spit on anyone. im sure lebron james got it 100x worse throughout the season. noah and deng just cant handle. their problem

Catfish1314
05-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Do you understand the difference? A professional athlete should NEVER make a statement like this regardless of the situation.

And an adult fan should NEVER heckle a professional athlete to the point where the player's family becomes part of the heckling.

Regardless of the situation.

sharqstealth
05-24-2011, 12:41 AM
That sounds like a threat. Deng should be banned in the NBA if he do that! He sucks anyway.

Catfish1314
05-24-2011, 12:44 AM
The Bulls seem to have lost their way

Do explain.

goeatfish63
05-24-2011, 12:44 AM
And an adult fan should NEVER heckle a professional athlete to the point where the player's family becomes part of the heckling.

Regardless of the situation.

you mean like lebron james gets about his mom at every arena multiple times a game. its about how the player handles it. u cant let it get under ur skin. if the fan actually approaches a family member then by all means do ur thing, if not then let ur play do the talking

TylerSL
05-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Miami fans shouldnt taunt the Bulls in the first place. With that said, Deng needs to not say things like this. For one, it will draw bad attetion to himself, and the Bulls. It also lets the fans on Miami know they are getting under his skin so they will only do it more....... Also, attetion like this isnt good for anybody...

swirl54
05-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Thibs should have a no comment rule effective immediately unless it's about basketball.

Catfish1314
05-24-2011, 12:49 AM
you mean like lebron james gets about his mom at every arena multiple times a game. its about how the player handles it. u cant let it get under ur skin. if the fan actually approaches a family member then by all means do ur thing, if not then let ur play do the talking

I agree and like I already said, I don't condone what Noah did. As much **** as Noah takes, he should have handled it better. But it's not like he's the only guilty person here. He's just the one under the microscope.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-24-2011, 12:50 AM
I totally get what he is saying. These fans say things because they know the players can't do anything about it. But wouldn't it be great for some loud mouth to get his teeth knocked out because he acted like a tough guy. I find it hilarious that some fat goon with a Coke in one hand, and a hot dog in another, would talk ish to a supremely conditioned athlete in the prime of his life. Some of these fat lards need be made an example out of, so other out of shape losers know they cant just run their mouths all the time

goeatfish63
05-24-2011, 12:50 AM
I agree and like I already said, I don't condone what Noah did. As much **** as Noah takes, he should have handled it better. But it's not like he's the only guilty person here. He's just the one under the microscope.

agreed

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 12:52 AM
I would never admit to this as a player...

TylerSL
05-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Thibs should have a no comment rule effective immediately unless it's about basketball.

this, this series is a total chess match. If I were Thibs, I would get my players to just shut the **** up. First Rose with the steriods, then Noah saying the slur at the fan, then Deng saying he wants to fight fans..... It is drawing bad attetion to the Bulls and the Bulls have showed their inexperience throught the playoffs as is. If I Spo, I would tell my players to just keep their mouths shut and dont talk to the media, dont draw any unwanted attention.

Master Mind
Do explain.

I considered them to be one of the more mentally tough teams but they seem to be unraveling this series...

MrfadeawayJB
If i was being paid millions of dollars i think i could put up with fans yelling at me rather easily. I would just be like..."I'm rich B**** " in my dave chappelle voice

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 12:57 AM
so, hecklers just started attending games this year?

Grow the hell up Deng. That is part of playing a sport surrounded by the 20,000 people that pay your ridiculous salary.

TylerSL
05-24-2011, 12:57 AM
look, every fanbase taunts other players. They go to the arena and drink all game. They get drunk and they are already obnoxious because its a playoff home game. If you're the road team, you do your best to let it bounce off you. Sometimes it does get under your nerves, but the absolute worst thing to do as a player is to say anything to a fan or to the media about the fans in general..... The Bulls have done this 2 times in 2 days, not a good idea. Thibs needs to get his players to stop talking to the media about the fans, and to keep quite to the fans...

Catfish1314
05-24-2011, 12:59 AM
I considered them to be one of the more mentally tough teams but they seem to be unraveling this series...

Are you talking about off the court or on it? On the court, we're down 2-1 and it has nothing to do with mental toughness. We're just not making any damn shots.

Off the court, Deng's statement is the only thing I strongly disagree with. Speaking your mind is great, but this is one of those times where it does him no good. Noah shouldn't have said what he did, but I understand it.

I don't know how any of that constitutes the Bulls "losing their way."

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Hey Deng, maybe you should focus o the game than on the fans. You do realize your team is down 2-1.

Deng's focus hasn't been all there. And the time where he let Jarret Jack tie his own laces with the ball tucked under his arms while Deng ran around trying to guard people without the ball when his man is tying his own shoelaces. Yea. Proved my point about Deng's focus

TylerSL
05-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Hey Deng, maybe you should focus o the game than on the fans. You do realize your team is down 2-1.

Deng's focus hasn't been all there. And the time where he let Jarret Jack tie his own laces with the ball tucked under his arms while Deng ran around trying to guard people without the ball when his man is tying his own shoelaces. Yea. Proved my point about Deng's focus

this, and Deng just told the Heat fans who are going to show up to the Game tommarrow that their taunting has gotten to him. So they will only do it 5x worse now....... Absolutley stupid move by Deng...

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Are you talking about off the court or on it? On the court, we're down 2-1 and it has nothing to do with mental toughness. We're just not making any damn shots.

Off the court, Deng's statement is the only thing I strongly disagree with. Speaking your mind is great, but this is one of those times where it does him no good. Noah shouldn't have said what he did, but I understand it.

I don't know how any of that constitutes the Bulls "losing their way."

They just don't seem to be themselves

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2011, 01:04 AM

Grow the hell up Deng. That is part of playing a sport surrounded by the 20,000 people that pay your ridiculous salary.

this

krest213
05-24-2011, 01:06 AM
somebody better tell Deng
he won't get away with this... if he did

we Miami Boyz don't played down here
he would have regret doing it
after that *** whooping

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 01:06 AM
this, and Deng just told the Heat fans who are going to show up to the Game tommarrow that their taunting has gotten to him. So they will only do it 5x worse now....... Absolutley stupid move by Deng...

Only 5 times worse? They will be chanting Dengs name ALL NIGHT LONG!

ChiSox219
05-24-2011, 01:09 AM

You must not have been to the UC during that time because it was constantly sold out. Bulls finished top 5 in attendance every year except 01-02. 5th one year, 3rd another, and every other year they ranked top 2.

northsider
05-24-2011, 01:09 AM

after that *** whooping

My god I ****ing love the NBA forum.

ChiSox219
05-24-2011, 01:10 AM
I don't blame Deng, Miami has the worst fans in the US. People couldn't even be bothered to show to watched DWade play.

CHANGO
05-24-2011, 01:11 AM
I remember when people said that some players had to endure the pressure when a fan said something disrespectful. That the fan paid for it. I remember that some of those players were, Lebron and Bosh. Now suddenly, the fan is the culprit.

*Note: not defending anyone, I just love the double standard here.

CHANGO
05-24-2011, 01:12 AM

+1
I agree..

J$mo0th_3o5
05-24-2011, 01:12 AM
:laugh2: Deng is a ******. You wanna shut up the crowd? Just play ball and let your game do the talking. I'm pretty sure if the Bulls were winning they wouldn't have anything to say, but now he just lit a fire. The fans are like sharks that smell blood from a mile away. Get ready for hell tomorrow Deng and Noah. It's gonna be a million times worse!

ChiSox219
05-24-2011, 01:14 AM

after that *** whooping

You think you and your Miami Boyz are gangsta? Maybe popped a few rounds?

Deng will get his Sudanese boys and murder the whole town.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-24-2011, 01:14 AM

I hate that argument. Should I be able to walk into a pizza hut and just start yelling at the cook a bunch of obscenities because I paid his salary? Because they would not get paid if it wasn't for me, the consumer buying a pizza. Of course not. Only in sports, a man can get drunk and liquored up, and start acting like a complete moron around women and children, and think that it is acceptable behavior. Which it is not.

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 01:15 AM
I don't blame Deng, Miami has the worst fans in the US. People couldn't even be bothered to show to watched DWade play.

Okay. :shrug:

northsider

Wait a second you read that and actually took him serious.

Only in the NBA forum you can find **** like this.

jamesdiego
Not very educated responses here at all. Deng said this as a defense to what players feel like when they hear this verbal garbage. He said they are human, and even he has felt like hitting a fan. He never said it has happened in this series to him. He has taken alot of flak from bulls fans the past couple yrs, so he was probably referring to that.

To the people talking trash on him, especially that "bright" one calling him a thug. Deng has won the NBA sportsmanship award, the NBA community assist award and has been nominated for a UN humanitarian awards. It crazy how far people take some off handed comments and then gossip like school girls

cubswin25
05-24-2011, 01:18 AM
Boring nonstory here. Every NBA team has idiots at the games, and obviously it bothers Deng like it would any player. Deng is pretty open if you ask him questions and doesn't bit his tongue a ton. So all Deng is saying is what most NBA players probably feel. As long as he doesn't do anything, it's a non story. FWIW why are Heat fans trying to make something out of nothing here and in a few other threads?

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 01:19 AM
I hate that argument. Should I be able to walk into a pizza hut and just start yelling at the cook a bunch of obscenities because I paid his salary? Because they would not get paid if it wasn't for me, the consumer buying a pizza. Of course not. Only in sports, a man can get drunk and liquored up, and start acting like a complete moron around women and children, and think that it is acceptable behavior. Which it is not.

does that cook make $5 million dollars a year to entertain you in a competitive sport?

As I said, heckling has been around forever. Deal with it. If you can't, become a cook at Pizza Hut...

GiantsSwaGG
Why am I not surprise a Heat fan started this thread

krest213
all i have to say
is
yes deng talk the talk
but can he actually back it up..

most NBA players are cowards
just shut up and play ball

GiantsSwaGG

after that *** whooping

:facepalm:

cubswin25
05-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Not very educated responses here at all. Deng said this as a defense to what players feel like when they hear this verbal garbage. He said they are human, and even he has felt like hitting a fan. He never said it has happened in this series to him. He has taken alot of flak from bulls fans the past couple yrs, so he was probably referring to that.

To the people talking trash on him, especially that "bright" one calling him a thug. Deng has won the NBA sportsmanship award, the NBA community assist award and has been nominated for a UN humanitarian awards. It crazy how far people take some off handed comments and then gossip like school girls

Exactly, there's no story here. But people trying to make something out of nothing.

ChiSox219
05-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Wait a second you read that and actually took him serious.

Only in the NBA forum you can find **** like this.

It's based off Lupe Fiasco's song and meant to be every bit as ridiculous as the post I quoted.

cubswin25
05-24-2011, 01:28 AM
all i have to say
is
yes deng talk the talk
but can he actually back it up..

most NBA players are cowards
just shut up and play ball

What the heck are you talking about? You are making no sense. Deng got asked a question and answered it honestly. Yes most NBA players are cowards and lie when getting asked this questioned all the time. Why does Deng have to shut up and play basketball, when he got a question on a off day and answered it? Shut up and play basketball. Usually means a player is whinning on the court and during a game. That is not happening here at all. So again none of your post makes sense, especially the part about him backing it up. Backing what up? He never said he was going to go hit idiot fans he just said they get on his nerves sometimes and he almost wants to go hit them. Which 80-90 percent of NBA players probably feel the same way at times.

Bullsfan22
05-24-2011, 01:29 AM

lupe fiasco!

northsider
05-24-2011, 01:31 AM

It's based off Lupe Fiasco's song and meant to be every bit as ridiculous as the post I quoted.

LOL I knew what you meant. Ridiculous doesn't begin to to match the content of his post. The best part is he really was serious.

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2011, 01:32 AM

It's based off lupe fiasco's song and meant to be every bit as ridiculous as the post i quoted.

lupe!

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-24-2011, 01:38 AM
does that cook make $5 million dollars a year to entertain you in a competitive sport?

As I said, heckling has been around forever. Deal with it. If you can't, become a cook at Pizza Hut...

Okay, how about a movie star. How about the President? They make lots of money to do their jobs. We as movie viewers buy tickets and pay these million dollar stars. Should we yell at them and talk about their failed marriages, and drug addictions? Should I be able to yell at Maria Shriver about her cheating husband because she makes a lot of money? Of course not because I would be a complete jack *** to think that I could or should be able to do that because of her bank account. I guess she should go work at Pizza Hut as a cook as well. Cause if she don't like it, there are other jobs. SMH

DROSE4MVP
05-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Haha... ah... gotta love the NBA Forum and these lovely threads that get started every day.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Okay, how about a movie star. How about the President? They make lots of money to do their jobs. We as movie viewers buy tickets and pay these million dollar stars. Should we yell at them and talk about their failed marriages, and drug addictions? Should I be able to yell at Maria Shriver about her cheating husband because she makes a lot of money? Of course not because I would be a complete jack *** to think that I could or should be able to do that because of her bank account. I guess she should go work at Pizza Hut as a cook as well. Cause if she don't like it, there are other jobs. SMH

none of them play in a competitive, by the second, environment, for a living dude. Hecklers have been around forever. Athletes, ESPECIALLY in the NBA, since they are right on top of them, need to get used to it. Its always been that way.

Look, I am not defending the jerk who made a comment from the crowd. I am simply saying, in order to be a pro basketball player, you need to learn to deal with the fans in a hostile environment. They get payed ridiculous amounts of money to do so. Man up.

Its PC comments like some of the ones I have read in here that make me understand why the nation is headed down sensitivity alley (and I don't mean that at you).

Man up. Seriously.

DROSE4MVP
05-24-2011, 02:02 AM
none of them play in a competitive, by the second, environment, for a living dude. Hecklers have been around forever. Athletes, ESPECIALLY in the NBA, since they are right on top of them, need to get used to it. Its always been that way.

Look, I am not defending the jerk who made a comment from the crowd. I am simply saying, in order to be a pro basketball player, you need to learn to deal with the fans in a hostile environment. They get payed ridiculous amounts of money to do so. Man up.

Its PC comments like some of the ones I have read in here that make me understand why the nation is headed down sensitivity alley (and I don't mean that at you).

Man up. Seriously.

But of course you would know because you've played professional sports before, right? Don't criticize someone when you have no idea what the fan said or did. Luol Deng is one of the most calm-cool demeanor guys in the NBA and this person must of said something pretty bad to get Deng really pissed.

Bullsfan22
05-24-2011, 02:04 AM

and his way of dealing with it is this way. call it stupid, call it whatever you want but I don't care if I was a millionaire playing a sport or making minimum wage. If I continually got harassed by people like you or whoever condone talking about someones family I'd say what deng said without hesitating.

Fans can say what ever they want because they paid for at ticket, that's fine. But that doesn't give them a pass for being complete ignorant idiots. The only thing deng did wrong was say it to the media the amount of money he gets has nothing to do with his reaction to being disrespected.

Would I have said what Deng said to the media? No. Is what deng said to the media a big deal? No.

I commend Lebron for having the restraint to not belittle fans talking about his mom.

You got enough balls to talk about my mom being with a former teammate then you've earned the right to be called a fat slob if you're obese.

As a fan as long as it doesn't impact his game enough to actually do it, I couldn't care less about what he says to the media.

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 02:08 AM

Man up. Seriously.
So an exaggerated, vague statement by a player trying to support his teammate is totally wrong? Maybe you're the one being overly sensitive. ;)

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 02:10 AM
These players should look up the Harlem Rens and grow a pair...Anyone who hasn't seen Kareem Abdul Jabbar's documentary "On The Shoulders Of Giants" should do so...It's available on Netflix...

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 02:12 AM
These players these days don't have the slightest clue what players before them had to endure.

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 02:14 AM
And 'dnewguy" aka the worst poster on PSD still always is allowed to make his baiting/trolling threads.

Get a life dude. Seriously. You have ZERO logic, never add any decent to any post, and have called yourself out on your on posts.

Dude, have you ever even been to Miami?

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 02:15 AM
*decent input

Raph12
05-24-2011, 02:15 AM
and his way of dealing with it is this way. call it stupid, call it whatever you want but I don't care if I was a millionaire playing a sport or making minimum wage. If I continually got harassed by people like you or whoever condone talking about someones family I'd say what deng said without hesitating.

That's why they're getting paid millions while you sit here writing about it... Once you sign that contract and put yourself in that situation, you have to take the good with the bad, it's called mental toughness something Deng appears to be lacking.

Bullsfan22
05-24-2011, 02:25 AM
That's why they're getting paid millions while you sit here writing about it... Once you sign that contract and put yourself in that situation, you have to take the good with the bad, it's called mental toughness something Deng appears to be lacking.

Yeah you're writing about it also? What exactly are you trying to say? lol. Because he said that to someone in the media it's a lack of mental toughness? I call BS, It was him speaking his mind and people like you blowing it out of proportion. The reaction you and a couple of posters are giving this baffles me. you'd think he actually went in the crowd and did it and then went and said this in the media. You seem to be lacking common sense.

It's one human reacting to being disrespected and saying what it makes him want to do to someone in the media. Big deal cry me a river.

CountSackula
05-24-2011, 02:34 AM

after that *** whooping

:laugh:

Fnom11
05-24-2011, 02:43 AM
You can use your imagination for hours upon hours thinking of what that fan said and still not come close to anything that Lebron has had to go through the entire year and he hasn't once said anything about fans.

Dude just needs to man up. You people are taking this way too serious.

Btw Mia isn't Michigan(the palace), Deng would get dominated by the fans if he tried something like that. Lil Wayne would just get his goons.

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 02:44 AM
:laugh:

I find that pretty funny myself. 10% of the people that live there are from there. The rest are retired folks, people there to party, and people right off the boat.

Demon11
05-24-2011, 02:44 AM
Yeah you're writing about it also? What exactly are you trying to say? lol. Because he said that to someone in the media it's a lack of mental toughness? I call BS, It was him speaking his mind and people like you blowing it out of proportion. The reaction you and a couple of posters are giving this baffles me. you'd think he actually went in the crowd and did it and then went and said this in the media. You seem to be lacking common sense.

It's one human reacting to being disrespected and saying what it makes him want to do to someone in the media. Big deal cry me a river.

After reading posts, you seem to be the one lacking common sense. Like seriously? What if you worked at walmart, and they had some press conference with all their shoppers watching, and you said sometimes you feel like punching one? Seriously, take off your homer glasses and see the truth. You seriously find that acceptable? He is in his own rights to tell the people that write his checks he feels like punching them?

pd1dish
05-24-2011, 02:48 AM
every single player in the NBA thinks what Deng is thinking. very few say it, even less react to it, and even less than that actually attack the fan *cough* Ron Artest *cough*

you guys are overreacting to this

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 02:50 AM
You can use your imagination for hours upon hours thinking of what that fan said and still not come close to anything that Lebron has had to go through the entire year and he hasn't once said anything about fans.

Dude just needs to man up. You people are taking this way too serious.

Btw Mia isn't Michigan(the palace), Deng would get dominated by the fans if he tried something like that. Lil Wayne would just get his goons.

Wayne is from N.O. for 1
Wayne talked **** about how Bron and Wade showed him no respect this year at a game for 2
Lil Waynes "goons" are Baby (5'6") Nikki Manjwhatever(the tallest of the crew) Drake(Canadian) and Kanye West(nuff said). I know I wouldn't be "scuuuuuured"....

Cubs Win
05-24-2011, 02:54 AM
I can't believe this thread is still open. :laugh2:

Deng said this in support of his teammate who was heckled into making a mistake at a point where he was already frustrated. Not that big of a deal. :shrug:

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 02:56 AM
These threads should be closed right away. They scream infractions. I'm not even a Bulls fan, but this dude makes me want to defend them.

Cubs Win
05-24-2011, 02:57 AM
These threads should be closed right away. They scream infractions. I'm not even a Bulls fan, but this dude makes me want to defend them.

Welcome to 99.99% of threads made by dnewguy. :eyebrow:

Fnom11
05-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Wayne is from N.O. for 1
Wayne talked **** about how Bron and Wade showed him no respect this year at a game for 2
Lil Waynes "goons" are Baby (5'6") Nikki Manjwhatever(the tallest of the crew) Drake(Canadian) and Kanye West(nuff said). I know I wouldn't be "scuuuuuured"....

1. It was clearly a joke
2. Wayne is actually living in Miami and has attended most of their games
3. Combined those people are worth about a Billion Dollars so I'd be pretty scared.
4. It was clearly a joke.

Knicks21
05-24-2011, 03:28 AM

Because their is a hood in the UK:rolleyes:

bosox3431
05-24-2011, 03:34 AM

They shouldnt be doing it to heat players either. Friendly taunts I have no problem with, like saying a guy he sucks.

But when you start saying stuff about peoples families(including lebrons mom) thats where it gets out of hand.

I think people tend forget that athletes are also humans. I mean I know everyone on here is tough as nails and a super hard *** and no words will ever irritate you, but not everyone can be as bad *** as you guys. I bet half the guys on here are the same kids you see in the grocery store who throw tantrums when mommy tells them they cant have a snickers bar

SANTHI
05-24-2011, 03:37 AM
To everyone saying "If Lebron said this, all these Bulls fans would be all over that crap"

no we wouldn't. If he DID hit a fan, then yeah, we would and so would the rest of of the NBA.

Some of you guys are acting like the fan must've said something not sooo bad. Players can act like profesional athletes.. but what happens when fans don't play their part and cross that line? Basketball players are human beings too.

I think the other article said that the fan was drunk, yelling all night, and even a lot of the other fans were looking at him like "dude.. stop".

anyways, Deng didn't hit anybody, so chill.

Go Bulls

Bullsfan22
05-24-2011, 03:59 AM
After reading posts, you seem to be the one lacking common sense. Like seriously? What if you worked at walmart, and they had some press conference with all their shoppers watching, and you said sometimes you feel like punching one? Seriously, take off your homer glasses and see the truth. You seriously find that acceptable? He is in his own rights to tell the people that write his checks he feels like punching them?

:laugh: you guys have fun with this thread.

Raph12
05-24-2011, 04:00 AM

I wouldn't say anything like that about the people who write my cheques, if I did, I'd be unemployed. Yes telling the media that you wanted to punch a fan for getting into your head is being weak, he needs to be able to tune that out and just play, like every other player or he shouldn't be playing. You're obviously just defending your team's player out of emotion, because if you think logically, players are harassed all the time by opposing crowds and they say the worst possible things, but you still need to be professional at all times... Saying something like that in the media when you're considered a role model for people of all ages is just not acceptable.

Why would I "cry you a river" lol? After Deng's comments it seems like he's the one doing most of the crying anyways.

Sergio1984
05-24-2011, 04:05 AM

I guess not even a sarcasm smiley works for you eh.

Bullsfan22
05-24-2011, 04:08 AM
I wouldn't say anything like that about the people who write my cheques, if I did, I'd be unemployed. Yes telling the media that you wanted to punch a fan for getting into your head is being weak, he needs to be able to tune that out and just play, like every other player or he shouldn't be playing. You're obviously just defending your team's player out of emotion, because if you think logically, players are harassed all the time by opposing crowds and they say the worst possible things, but you still need to be professional at all times... Saying something like that in the media when you're considered a role model for people of all ages is just not acceptable.

Why would I "cry you a river" lol? After Deng's comments it seems like he's the one doing most of the crying anyways.

say no more..You really got me..

TylerSL
05-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Only 5 times worse? They will be chanting Dengs name ALL NIGHT LONG!

lol, maybe 20...or 30... or maybe even 40. lol, look all I know is they are going to try to get to him and say nasty things to him like no other and its his own fault........

The Smurf
05-24-2011, 05:11 AM
This is why the Bulls board is filled with a bunch of delusional, apologists. When our team loses the refs are fixing the game. When our player makes an anti-gay comment it is all about how he was provoked into saying it. Luol Deng makes a completely moronic statement about jumping in the stands and smacking a fan and it's OK. What is next- DRose accused of child molestation and my fellow Bulls fans claim he is a great mentor to the youth of Chicago?

naps
05-24-2011, 06:30 AM
They all MAD at denewguy because he started a legit thread? woah!! Did he make it up all by himself? It's legit thread because Deng actually made the statement. Stop being so butt-hurt.

naps
05-24-2011, 06:32 AM

I bet you would be all over this thread baiting and trolling if it was about LeBron or another Heat player. I have seen your posts. You are a certified Heat hater.

BcEuAbRsS
05-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Coming from Loul Deng this is another blown outta proportion story...

Now if if dear old Ronald Artest said this... then you got urself a story...

Quit fishing Miami fans, your winning and still acting scared...

magichatnumber9
05-24-2011, 06:47 AM
Were not in Nigeria or Sudan Deng. We don't just hit people. I'm sure Chicago fans do the same to opposing players. If your being harassed go get the usher and have the fan ejected.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 07:07 AM
This is the kind of thing that Doc Rivers said helped strengthen the HEAT team. The HEAT have had to deal with this behavior (to an extreme) all year and they have hardened themselves to it. Other teams that haven't had to deal with it to such extremes are at a disadvantage in the playoffs when the adversity kicks in. We saw Noah lose his cool/composure. He needs to learn to block out the fans, no matter what they are saying. He gets paid way too much money to let a low life throw him off his game.

JL93
05-24-2011, 07:52 AM
He said he 'feels' like jumping in the crowd.

If you were a professional athlete wouldn't you 'feel' like jumping in the crowd if someone heckled you about your race/religion/family? The difference is doing it.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 08:04 AM
He said he 'feels' like jumping in the crowd.

If you were a professional athlete wouldn't you 'feel' like jumping in the crowd if someone heckled you about your race/religion/family? The difference is doing it.

NOPE. I would realize that I make millions of dollars and the guy yelling at me makes MAYBE one hundreth of that. I would realize that the fan is just trying to get into my head...and I wouldn't let him. I would go about my business and shut him up the professional way, but taking his team to school on the court.

HesterTrain
05-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Everyone gets caught up in the heat of the moment. It always happens when you know you shouldn't get involved or just keep your mouth shut. These things happen and it just so happened to be caught on camera. Charles Barkley gave the backwards middle fingers to the heat fans during a commercial break the last game. No camera around, no fine. That's just how it goes. This stuff happens a lot more then people think.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Everyone gets caught up in the heat of the moment. It always happens when you know you shouldn't get involved or just keep your mouth shut. These things happen and it just so happened to be caught on camera. Charles Barkley gave the backwards middle fingers to the heat fans during a commercial break the last game. No camera around, no fine. That's just how it goes. This stuff happens a lot more then people think.

actually it was caught on camera. charles doesn't work for the nba... thus no fine.

midwestmadman
05-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey Bulls instead of complaining about the Heat fans how about playing the game the way your capable of playing it. Win the f'n battle tonight and shut the fans up with your game, by complaining you simply feed that machine and it will grow worse!

MagicHero3
05-24-2011, 08:36 AM

this

daleja424
05-24-2011, 08:42 AM
NO ONE...and I mean NO ONE in the NBA has dealt with more hate, racism, etc than lebron james this year... and it isn't even close. How many times has Lebron said to the media... I just want to turn around and punch them? NEVER. The dude just ignores the losers and plays basketball.

midwestmadman
05-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Were not in Nigeria or Sudan Deng. We don't just hit people. I'm sure Chicago fans do the same to opposing players. If your being harassed go get the usher and have the fan ejected.

Tell that to Bryan Stow the guy that was beaten opening day at the Dodgers game. I understand he wasn't attacked by a player etc, but so say in America we don't just hit people is asinine, frankly I've had my fair share of fights, who hasn't punched someone in thier life for running thier mouth or worse? The fact is that we do live in a violent society, and most professional sports figures grew up surrounded by that violence. I was at the Malace at Palace game when the Pacers and the fans when at it. Regardless of these guys being athletes with money they are human first, and anger is a common emotion. I personally am shocked that athlete / fans don't get into more altercations than they do. And if Noah, LeBron, Kobe or any other player called me name I can gaurantee they would never be able to play ball again!

midwestmadman
05-24-2011, 08:47 AM
NO ONE...and I mean NO ONE in the NBA has dealt with more hate, racism, etc than lebron james this year... and it isn't even close. How many times has Lebron said to the media... I just want to turn around and punch them? NEVER. The dude just ignores the losers and plays basketball.

No he prefers to cry in the locker room :)

Just Kidding heat fans I couldn't contain myself when I was given that kind of green light!

daleja424
05-24-2011, 08:52 AM
For the sake of the facts... he cried after he shut up 20k people that were chanting thinks like "Delonte's your daddy" at him and beating a team that has had his number for several years.

Take all the cheap shots you want... but you are just proving my point... people hate on Lebron constantly...and he sucks it up and dominates them and their teams...

Jay16
05-24-2011, 09:02 AM
This isn't Detroit Deng .....you would end up hurt ....badly.

SteBO
05-24-2011, 09:14 AM
I know some of the Miami fans can be douches since I've been to so many Heat games in my lifetime, but if your Deng or Noah, I'd take daleja's advance and just ignore it. People are going to say things, some things nasty, rude, annoying, whatever word you wanna use. Personally, I'd just ignore it, but I definitely get where both Luol and Noah are coming from. Especially during playoff games like this, it's almost impossible to not say something to a heckler.

ddhulett
05-24-2011, 09:16 AM
At least it's the opposing teams fans

I think Fans need to Shut up! I mean really the best we can do is heckle! I hate fans that heckle players it's dumb you know the player can't defend himself but you keep doing it!

daleja424
05-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I agree... I hate it. Especially when it turns nasty.

But it continues to go on... and it probably always will...

Players need to ignore it and act professional!

PhillyFaninLA
05-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Hey Deng hit a fan once and they own your house and car.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 09:25 AM
But of course you would know because you've played professional sports before, right? Don't criticize someone when you have no idea what the fan said or did. Luol Deng is one of the most calm-cool demeanor guys in the NBA and this person must of said something pretty bad to get Deng really pissed.

I said, I am not defending the guy. Hell, a heckler went after MJ with a comment about his murdered father. That is horrible.

Point is, no matter what is said, you need to act professional at all times towards the fans in pro sports. They pay your salary, and its a lucrative one at that.

I understand Bulls fans will come to Loul's defense here, but I highly doubt you would had it been LeBron in this situation. Think about the situation, not the player involved (unless its a raving lunatic like Artest obviously)

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 09:31 AM
does anyone here seriously think Deng hears 1/100th of the **** LeBron, or Kobe has over their careers? And yet they have said nothing to fans. I can tell how young many are on this site with threads like this. This country is producing the most over-sensitive young men and women. Do you think Deng hears 1/100th of the **** MJ, or Bird did? Yet, they moved about their business.

Stop defending Deng here. Fans can be douchebags. If the players don't like, it, don't play in a competitive sport where they serve fans beer and sit them 8 feet behind you.

Da Knicks
05-24-2011, 09:31 AM
LOL Fans can get ugly...

chicago lulz
05-24-2011, 09:33 AM
I feel the exact same way towards PSD sometimes. Deng's just answering questions, telling it like it is. I'm just glad this Bulls team has the balls to say something.

Plus "feel" doesn't mean "do". Everyone has had that urge to punch someone they found annoying. He was empathizing with Noah as the article stated. And it's clear that there has to be an ability to hold your emotions in check, which Deng has proven he can based upon this article.

I don't get why people are so offended by this.

NOPE. I would realize that I make millions of dollars and the guy yelling at me makes MAYBE one hundreth of that. I would realize that the fan is just trying to get into my head...and I wouldn't let him. I would go about my business and shut him up the professional way, but taking his team to school on the court.

Easier said than done.

chicago lulz
05-24-2011, 09:36 AM
I know some of the Miami fans can be douches since I've been to so many Heat games in my lifetime, but if your Deng or Noah, I'd take daleja's advance and just ignore it. People are going to say things, some things nasty, rude, annoying, whatever word you wanna use. Personally, I'd just ignore it, but I definitely get where both Luol and Noah are coming from. Especially during playoff games like this, it's almost impossible to not say something to a heckler.

As I said, it's easier said than done. I commend players in the NBA because they have to deal with this day and night, and do a very respectable job, as you rarely hear these kind of stories.

But looking at PSD, and the amount of back and forth bickering that goes on between people, do you really thing it's easy to 'ignore' it?

For example, people say "to get rid of a troll, ignore them", and how often does that happen?

Regardless, I agree with your overall statement.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 09:37 AM
I feel the exact same way towards PSD sometimes. Deng's just answering questions, telling it like it is. I'm just glad this Bulls team has the balls to say something.

Plus "feel" doesn't mean "do". Everyone has had that urge to punch someone they found annoying. He was empathizing with Noah as the article stated. And it's clear that there has to be an ability to hold your emotions in check, which Deng has proven he can based upon this article.

Easier said than done.

I am a teacher. I hear crap from students all day everyday and manage to remain professional... and I make less in a year than some of these guys make PER GAME. Professionals need to act like professionals... always. If I snap on a student I could get fired.... forget about a silly little fine...

avrpatsfan
05-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Players need to be professional. No matter what the fans say, all the players have to remember is "I'm getting paid millions to play basketball, I can get sex with any girl I want, and the fan heckling me probably is just a loser".

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 09:38 AM

Easier said than done.

Directing your anger at fans that make your nba career/millions possible isn't about having balls, it's stupidity. Without fans there wont be any NBA, anyone that paid $500 for a ticket should have the right to say whatever they want. Luol Deng is not the one paying here, it's the fans.

chicago lulz
05-24-2011, 09:39 AM
I am a teacher. I hear crap from students all day everyday and manage to remain professional... and I make less in a year than some of these guys make PER GAME. Professionals need to act like professionals... always. If I snap on a student I could get fired.... forget about a silly little fine...

Luol Deng didn't snap on anyone?

ne3xchamps

I was thinking the same thing. But he's a yankees fan so........

Plus isn't deng from south africa or haiti? Yeah, real hood. Way to NYY.

SteBO
Luol just said what he felt and that's okay. I don't have a problem with it. I'm obviously a Heat fan, and there have been numerous times I wanted to hit another Heat fan for being just so damn obnoxious during the games, and potentially ruining a great experience watching a live Heat playoff game. But keep in mind the players are here to play a game they're getting paid to play, not to muck it up or get into verbal or even physical confrontations with morons that spend the entire the game drinking for God knows how long. Noah is a very emotional guy, and that can be one's greatest asset, and one's greatest Achilles heel in the same breath, especially in the heat of a game of a series that's as physical and as intense as it gets. We all saw how chippy Game 3 was and it's easy for fans to get sucked into the game being played.

However, here's the problem I have. Cameramen know how emotional and hotheaded Noah can be, so after picking up his 2nd foul, knowing how frustrated and miffed he'll be, why not just show his frustration for a little and then get back to the game and not focus on what Noah says after the fact while he's on the bench. The NBA has to do a better job of protecting the players as well, because even though fans pay to get tickets to go to these games, it shouldn't warrant these idiots to say whatever they want to say, obviously with negative intentions. There needs to be a line in the sand here. Hawkeye mentioned a fans juvenile shot at MJ's father who died, that's unacceptable and very punkish.

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Players need to be professional. No matter what the fans say, all the players have to remember is "I'm getting paid millions to play basketball, I can get sex with any girl I want, and the fan heckling me probably is just a loser".

Yes, but be prepared for baby moms, and or claims of sexual harassment.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Luol Deng didn't snap on anyone?

nope... but he is, to a ceratin extent, defending Joahkim...who did snap on someone.

my points about self control are more directed at Joakim... but Deng saying he gets tells me he also needs to learn a little about professionalism.

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 09:41 AM
I was thinking the same thing. But he's a yankees fan so........

Plus isn't deng from south africa or haiti? Yeah, real hood. Way to NYY.

Nah, he's from Sudan.

dnewguy
05-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Luol just said what he felt and that's okay. I don't have a problem with it. I'm obviously a Heat fan, and there have been numerous times I wanted to hit another Heat fan for being just so damn obnoxious during the games, and potentially ruining a great experience watching a live Heat playoff game. But keep in mind the players are here to play a game they're getting paid to play, not to muck it up or get into verbal or even physical confrontations with morons that spend the entire the game drinking for God knows how long. Noah is a very emotional guy, and that can be one's greatest asset, and one's greatest Achilles heel in the same breath, especially in the heat of a game of a series that's as physical and as intense as it gets. We all saw how chippy Game 3 was and it's easy for fans to get sucked into the game being played.

However, here's the problem I have. Cameramen know how emotional and hotheaded Noah can be, so after picking up his 2nd foul, knowing how frustrated and miffed he'll be, why not just show his frustration for a little and then get back to the game and not focus on what Noah says after the fact while he's on the bench. The NBA has to do a better job of protecting the players as well, because even though fans pay to get tickets to go to these games, it shouldn't warrant these idiots to say whatever they want to say, obviously with negative intentions. There needs to be a line in the sand here. Hawkeye mentioned a fans juvenile shot at MJ's father who died, that's unacceptable and very punkish.

Why do you always pick on Heat fans?

ne3xchamps
Rose---Steroid comment and then denying it.
Noah---Cursing the fans.
Deng---Wanting to hit the fans.

Clearly the Bulls are going through some real HEAT.

this is a clever little post, did you come up with that all by yourself? :rolleyes:

SteBO
As I said, it's easier said than done. I commend players in the NBA because they have to deal with this day and night, and do a very respectable job, as you rarely hear these kind of stories.

But looking at PSD, and the amount of back and forth bickering that goes on between people, do you really thing it's easy to 'ignore' it?

For example, people say "to get rid of a troll, ignore them", and how often does that happen?

Regardless, I agree with your overall statement.

That's why I said I understand why Noah would say something he didn't mean and why Deng would feel the way he feels. I know how bad Miami fans can be and I know how level headed off the court Noah really is. We have no idea what the fan said, but it must have been awful for Noah to respond the way he did, and might be even worse considering Deng felt like hitting someone, which is something I simply couldn't see Deng doing. Still, players have to rise above stupidity and let it be.

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 09:45 AM
LOL Fans can get ugly...

We know, they show Spike Lee during every Knicks game. Ewwwww.:D

SteBO
05-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Why do you always pick on Heat fans?

I'm not picking on them. Have you been to Heat playoff games at all? :confused: They can be annoying at the games. It's the truth, it's the same in all fanbases.

ne3xchamps
05-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Like what could've possibly been said from that fan...it wasn't like Deng played bad. If a fan can get under his skin that badly, same with Noah, then I don't see them touching the Heat for the rest of the series.

I heard on ESPN that it was vulgar, derogatory comments about noah's mom.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 09:48 AM

Easier said than done.

this part is very true. And I have no problem with Deng's comments. I do think its weird that anyone cares what he said though, as far as trying to spawn discussion. Its been happening in the NBA for years. Its part of the game unfortunately. And as I said, Deng hasn't heard 1/100th of the crap of LeBron, Kobe, and some of the other top players out there.

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 09:48 AM
An to everyone saying "this isn't Detroit, its Miami";

Wasn't Detroit the murder capitol of the USA around the time of the brawl? Also isn't Deng from Africa? Pretty sure its a little more rough over there...

ChitownSports16
05-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Even Deng cant stand Heat fans... This is too funny.

ne3xchamps
05-24-2011, 09:54 AM
I totally get what he is saying. These fans say things because they know the players can't do anything about it. But wouldn't it be great for some loud mouth to get his teeth knocked out because he acted like a tough guy. I find it hilarious that some fat goon with a Coke in one hand, and a hot dog in another, would talk ish to a supremely conditioned athlete in the prime of his life. Some of these fat lards need be made an example out of, so other out of shape losers know they cant just run their mouths all the time

+1. If fans are lucky enough to be that close, they should have more class than that. Its like in baseball, you are more likely to get trouble makers out in the bleacher seats.

chicago lulz
05-24-2011, 09:55 AM
nope... but he is, to a ceratin extent, defending Joahkim...who did snap on someone.

my points about self control are more directed at Joakim... but Deng saying he gets tells me he also needs to learn a little about professionalism.

He isn't defending Noah's actions. He's trying to support his teammate. He's saying it should go both ways as far as treatment towards players/fans in that situation.

"[Noah's] got to do a better job of controlling his emotions,"

So, yes, there are times when you feel like doing something, but you have to control your emotions.

What Joakim said/did was unprofessional, but I don't believe Deng is in the wrong.

ChitownSports16
05-24-2011, 09:55 AM

LOL well played!

BcEuAbRsS
05-24-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm not picking on them. Have you been to Heat playoff games at all? :confused: They can be annoying at the games. It's the truth, it's the same in all fanbases.

This x 100

As a cubs fan I can speak first hand on the idiots that go to games just to drink... its annoying and takes away from the game...

chicago lulz
05-24-2011, 10:03 AM
this part is very true. And I have no problem with Deng's comments. I do think its weird that anyone cares what he said though, as far as trying to spawn discussion. Its been happening in the NBA for years. Its part of the game unfortunately. And as I said, Deng hasn't heard 1/100th of the crap of LeBron, Kobe, and some of the other top players out there.

True, but the name "Luol Deng" doesn't exactly hold the same weight as "Lebron James" or "Kobe Bryant". It's obvious as top players in the league, you're going to hear to more flack because you're better known, etc.

Still, his comments weren't directed towards the number of things heard by fans. It was directed towards the general idea, that the player/fan relationship needs to be looked into, as only the players are being held accountable for their actions.

I don't know the situation between Noah and the fan. I don't know what was said, and how long it was going for. Therefore, I will not pass judgement on what should have and should not have been done. Only that Joakim certainly has to do a better job with his emotions.

Still, I don't understand the flack Deng is getting, as I feel people in this thread are just holding on to the idea that "Deng wants to punch someone" rather than the whole idea/article.

ne3xchamps
05-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Directing your anger at fans that make your nba career/millions possible isn't about having balls, it's stupidity. Without fans there wont be any NBA, anyone that paid $500 for a ticket should have the right to say whatever they want. Luol Deng is not the one paying here, it's the fans.

Just because they pay to see a game doesn't give fans the right to say what they want. If there are obnoxious dumb *** fans that are making alot of the normal no idiotic fans look bad, then someone should say something to security and get them tossed.

And I don't care what deng and noah say. Especially if I was making millions?....oh no, stern got his panties in a bunch and is going to fine me 50K. That's like a normal joe getting fined $100; you would notice it, but it wouldn't hurt you. What a joke.

ne3xchamps
05-24-2011, 10:21 AM

agreed. spike lee has to be the most arrogant, annoying pain in the *** little midget **** at any NBA game. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten punched when he is at the visitor's court. Oh wait, he probably has his boys to watch his back.

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 10:24 AM
the problem is the fans and media are wayyyyy to close to the court. of course there will be problems

Knickrocketsfan
05-24-2011, 10:51 AM

I understand what your saying, but they have not always kept their composure. One example would be wade actin like he goin to cry saying the that the world got what they wanted, the heat losing.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Honestly... all this tells me is that Noah and Deng are listening when the fans are talking. You can bet that they will get it even worse tonight, b/c both players have now admitted that the trash talking gets to them. Miami fans will have a field day now trying to throw them off their game.

MagicHero3
05-24-2011, 11:02 AM
wooo watch out Heat fans, NBA players are comin after ya!

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 11:09 AM
^^ lol this is mia.... 305 .... home of thug u..... goons everywhere.... were not scard! lol

krest213
05-24-2011, 11:09 AM
all i'm saying is that
Deng need to get his mind right...
i don't give a hell about what he say or how he say it.
all i know if he jump in the crowd
**** could get ugly like
Mutombo's feet

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
all i'm saying is that
Deng need to get his mind right...
i don't give a hell about what he say or how he say it.
all i know if he jump in the crowd
**** could get ugly like
Mutombo's feet

Are you trying to make all your posts look like Haikus?

Jay16
05-24-2011, 11:31 AM
An to everyone saying "this isn't Detroit, its Miami";

Wasn't Detroit the murder capitol of the USA around the time of the brawl? Also isn't Deng from Africa? Pretty sure its a little more rough over there...

The point was that in DET the players actually got to beat on the fans. In Miami, would get a million times worse and the players would get hurt because we (Miami fans, not me) tend to be more agresive in the stands. Now I'm not saying that if he goes after a fan it wasn't warrented, just that he would be met with more aggresion than he would in DET. Anyone that has gone to any U of M games wearing something not orange or green knows what I'm talking about. Now college football and NBA basketball are 2 diffrent animals.....but still animals. I don't think Deng has the pair it takes to go into a crowd here, unless it's the uppety first row of people who missed the REG season but show up in the playoffs. Now, I'm in NO WAY condoning any violence against anyone who goes into the seats but I just know that it would be the case and the player would get the worst of it.

DET is the murder capitol of the world but I can bet you none of those murders took place in the palace..... as far as Africa, I think Deng is as far removed from the violence in Africa as you or me.

Both points, very stupid.

8kobe24
05-24-2011, 11:38 AM
I'll give ONE example of how a player should react to fans personal taunts, Derek Fisher. The utah fans taunting Dfish about his daughter's cancer condition and not one word came out of Dfish's mouth. He responded by playing well against the jazz, and that sure shut them fans up. My point is, there will ALWAYS be arsehole fans in any sporting event. You can't let them get under your skin, and if they do get under your skin, the best way to respond is through playing well.

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 11:41 AM
The point was that in DET the players actually got to beat on the fans. In Miami, would get a million times worse and the players would get hurt because we (Miami fans, not me) tend to be more agresive in the stands. Now I'm not saying that if he goes after a fan it wasn't warrented, just that he would be met with more aggresion than he would in DET. Anyone that has gone to any U of M games wearing something not orange or green knows what I'm talking about. Now college football and NBA basketball are 2 diffrent animals.....but still animals. I don't think Deng has the pair it takes to go into a crowd here, unless it's the uppety first row of people who missed the REG season but show up in the playoffs. Now, I'm in NO WAY condoning any violence against anyone who goes into the seats but I just know that it would be the case and the player would get the worst of it.

DET is the murder capitol of the world but I can bet you none of those murders took place in the palace..... as far as Africa, I think Deng is as far removed from the violence in Africa as you or me.

Both points, very stupid.

this. a lot of goons down here. they look for fights. i actully dont take my GF to dolphin or cane games becuase of this.
and i think the FBI ranked opa-locka the most dangerous city in america or something?

Jay16
05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
I'll give ONE example of how a player should react to fans personal taunts, Derek Fisher. The utah fans taunting Dfish about his daughter's cancer condition and not one word came out of Dfish's mouth. He responded by playing well against the jazz, and that sure shut them fans up. My point is, there will ALWAYS be arsehole fans in any sporting event. You can't let them get under your skin, and if they do get under your skin, the best way to respond is through playing well.

Wow, Utah fans did that ? Surprising, coming from that fan base. And yeah just freaking lame. I believe family is off limits to anyone. Being a parent myself if anyone were to say that about one of my children, yeah I would totally go ape5hit.

Jay16
05-24-2011, 11:48 AM
this. a lot of goons down here. they look for fights. i actully dont take my GF to dolphin or cane games becuase of this.
and i think the FBI ranked opa-locka the most dangerous city in america or something?

Try being a Noles fan in the general admin area of the old Orange bowl.... Thank god my friends were all UM fans. I would have been fighting constanly.

tbone2171
05-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Closed-circuit to Luol Deng: You're getting paid millions of dollars, it's part of your job to ignore hecklers. If you don't like it I'm sure you can go back to Sudan and get a job at the local textile factory.

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Try being a Noles fan in the general admin area of the old Orange bowl.... Thank god my friends were all UM fans. I would have been fighting constanly.

youre a 'noles fan and when to the orange bowl? thank god your friends were all UM fans in deed lol cuz thats just asking for trouble.

i take my girlfriend to heat games cuz most of the ppl there arnt die hard fans but i go to cane and dolphin games with the boys. i dont like having to feel like i have to constantly watch our backs and crap.

krest213
05-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Are you trying to make all your posts look like Haikus?

you're
da man

RedRicanoBx
05-24-2011, 12:31 PM

Lmao very true I think it would be extremely hard !

fin_frenzy_84
05-24-2011, 12:55 PM

You act like Lebron has been perfect at controlling his emotions. What about the bathroom break at the beggining of the Cavs game this season. What about when he was on the Cavs and got mad and kicked the water cups and it went into the crowd.

allSUAVE
05-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Noah is a thug too.

he from NEWYORK of course he's LML

fin_frenzy_84
05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
agreed. spike lee has to be the most arrogant, annoying pain in the *** little midget **** at any NBA game. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten punched when he is at the visitor's court. Oh wait, he probably has his boys to watch his back.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh:

allSUAVE
05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
You act like Lebron has been perfect at controlling his emotions. What about the bathroom break at the beggining of the Cavs game this season. What about when he was on the Cavs and got mad and kicked the water cups and it went into the crowd.

Melo made him CRY and Boston thats all you got to say

allSUAVE
05-24-2011, 01:00 PM

NY Would've KILLED THEM

fin_frenzy_84
05-24-2011, 01:01 PM
^^ lol this is mia.... 305 .... home of thug u..... goons everywhere.... were not scard! lol

This Guy ^

You most of never been to Chicago.

daleja424
05-24-2011, 01:03 PM

In which of those incidents was he confronting an obnoxious fan with physical or varbal abuse? Oh thats right neither... And since that is what we are discussing your post is completely off topic.

In fact, walking away from the crowd for a bathroom break is exactly what Noah should have done... walk away...leave it alone...

fin_frenzy_84
05-24-2011, 01:06 PM
In which of those incidents was he confronting an obnoxious fan with physical or varbal abuse? Oh thats right neither... And since that is what we are discussing your post is completely off topic.

In fact, walking away from the crowd for a bathroom break is exactly what Noah should have done... walk away...leave it alone...

My whole point was controlling emotions.

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 01:09 PM
This Guy ^

You most of never been to Chicago.

na ive been there, only thing scary is the wind. man that place is cold. thats the 1st time in my life i have ever worn long johns... and i was STILL cold.

been to bronx in NY to. pretty bad place. but at the end of the day, i get more worried walking in opa-locka, carol city, overtown, liberty city, and goulds down here.

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 01:11 PM
^^ look those places up if u havnt heard of them

daleja424
05-24-2011, 01:12 PM
My whole point was controlling emotions.

no one in the nba controls on court emotions...and we wouldnt want them to...the game would be boring.

We are talking about letting fans get into your head and bother you so much that you retaliate...

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 01:17 PM
i sadi it already but ill sat it again, fans are wayyy to close to the players, so are the media

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 01:18 PM
na ive been there, only thing scary is the wind. man that place is cold. thats the 1st time in my life i have ever worn long johns... and i was STILL cold.

been to bronx in NY to. pretty bad place. but at the end of the day, i get more worried walking in opa-locka, carol city, overtown, liberty city, and goulds down here.

I looked them up. This is what kept coming up. I'd be scared too...

http://youtu.be/RMztNhJmCMI

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I looked them up. This is what kept coming up. I'd be scared too...

http://youtu.be/RMztNhJmCMI

lmao thats funny yo

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
lmao thats funny yo

I was hoping you'd get a lil laugh outta that.

Me and Mr. T
05-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Miami thug? Give me a break. All that's down there are old people and red necks. You guys wouldn't know thug. I'll drop you off in Camden up here and you'll cry lmao

Gators123
05-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Did this thread really turn into people bragging about who lives in the more ghetto city? :pity:

Khri
05-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Lol at this dude thinking his tough, he would get hiss *** kicked in the arena by everyone, I love when idiots like him talk and they don't do ****, lol coward.

bears88
05-24-2011, 01:43 PM

:laugh2:(being sarcastic)

Me and Mr. T
05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Did this thread really turn into people bragging about who lives in the more ghetto city? :pity:

LOL! Sorry! I just love when people from the south think they're ghetto.

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 01:54 PM

I remember when dudes used to argue about who had the bigger shlong. Those were the days.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Luol Deng just pulled a "when keeping it real goes wrong."

GiantsSwaGG
05-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I remember when dudes used to argue about who had the bigger shlong. Those were the days.

Lmao wow I can imagine some going to the fullest extent to prove his point.

All this thug talk is funny....90% of these posters probably never been in the hood. NY, CHI, CALI & N.O? Have the most dangerous hoods but what does have to do with the Deng situation?

jimbobjarree
05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
thats how we do in GB

sep11ie
05-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Slangin Shlong?

mikealike305
05-24-2011, 02:21 PM

na man im just messing around i dont care about that. i actually want to move cuz of it so i am not bragging, bragging would mean i think its a good thing. im just bored at work and was bored with the real topic on this thread lol my apoligizes for derailing it

JL93
05-24-2011, 02:34 PM

Did Deng snap or hit a fan? NO, he remained professional. Deng obviously didn't really mean that he was going to go in the crowd amd hurt someone.

Allthatisports
05-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Most people when pushed like that would probably want to do the same thing....I see nothing wrong with his comment.

Big Zo
05-24-2011, 02:38 PM
He mad

Chi StateOfMind
05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Probably something he should of kept to himself. I'm sure many players feel this way but best to keep it inside.

Tuck&Rolle
05-24-2011, 02:43 PM
He shouldn't have said that but to be honest I can't blame him. You Miami fans have become absolute *******s since you got Lebron, I have never seen a more annoying fan base in my life. This is coming from a Giants fan who has to deal with Eagle fans cause I work in south Jersey which is Eagle country.

There have been so many times I have felt like jumping thru my computer and punching a Miami fan. So I can relate to what Deng is saying.

Tuck&Rolle
05-24-2011, 02:44 PM
This should just go to show how you Miami fans have become.

Eicholtz
05-24-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't blame him. Fans get to say whatever they want when players are not supposed to be human and just ignore it all. While I will never sympathize with a millionaire's misery they should be allowed to speak back if they choose too. You see ignorant comments on this site all the f$cking time(joking just making a point). Just imagine what some coward is going to say all liquored up with his friends and knowing the person he is yelling at can't do a thing without being fined. As long as he hasn't done it who cares? Fans overstep their boundaries all the time.

KmB728
05-24-2011, 03:01 PM
This isn't a big deal at all...How would heat fans feel if Lebron said this? Would love to hear what Dnew has to say about that? And no I'm not mad

Tuck&Rolle
05-24-2011, 06:34 PM
I really think Deng is speaking for not just himself but all of other NBA fans. Miami fans have gotten so freaking annoying.

justinnum1
05-24-2011, 06:36 PM
This should just go to show how you Miami fans have become.

Because NY or chicago or akers dont have ******* fans. Didnt a bulls fans spit on someone?

Big Zo
05-24-2011, 06:38 PM
I really think Deng is speaking for not just himself but all of other NBA fans. Miami fans have gotten so freaking annoying.

This coming from a New York fan.:rolleyes:

1-800-STFU
05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Only the PSD NBA forum could have a 16 page thread about a comment that really isn't a big deal.

I wonder how long this Chicago vs Miami dick measuring contest will last.

Cromedome
05-24-2011, 06:42 PM
If you insult the entire fan base...it's a no no.

DieHardCubFan
05-24-2011, 06:43 PM
they deserve it :guns: :dance:

DieHardCubFan
05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
he's dodging the bullets!!! lol

:guns: :dance:

Phenomenonsense
05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Lol dnewguy thread, nothing to see here.

SLOnLucky
05-24-2011, 06:57 PM
funny, I've felt like hitting other fans in the crowd too :mad:

Flashsides
05-24-2011, 07:01 PM
I got to 5-6 Chicago games a year (usually to watch the other team) and Chicago fans are just as bad as anyone. They were yelling at LeBron this year asking if Delonte is still punishing his mom.
Understatement. I'm from Chicago, and Chicago stadiums are easily the douchiest in the world.

Bornknick73
05-24-2011, 07:08 PM
This coming from a New York fan.:rolleyes:

There's a huge difference....we were always a-holes, it stems from decades of living and dying with our teams. You guys get Lebron and and now there is such a thing as a Heat fan? You got to earn being a jerk through years of pain and suffering.

Our obnoxious disposition has always been there....its tolerable, but bandwagon fans who've never rooted for **** (except Marino and the Hurri-Co-caines), who now think they are the **** is very ANNOYING.

You gotta earn the right to be a dick. Trying to buy your way into the club isnt cutting it.

naps
05-24-2011, 07:08 PM
A typical classy Bulls player. Deng and Noah are mirror images of Bulls fans.

northsider
05-24-2011, 07:10 PM
A typical classy Bulls player. Deng and Noah are mirror images of Bulls fans.

kettle meet pot.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2011, 07:19 PM
What do you know? Another Bulls/Heat thread that goes south. This is getting very tiresome for the moderators here.