PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Finally Willing to Trade Josh Smith?

SNYmets86
05-23-2011, 03:06 PM
The Atlanta Hawks may finally be willing to trade Josh Smith, and the Clippers have the center Atlanta covets

There are certain to be other interested parties if the Hawks do, indeed, put Smith's name out there. The Houston Rockets are in search of a star-quality small forward, and their run-and-gun style would suit Smith just fine. The San Antonio Spurs would likely have interest in Smith, as well, and have a true small forward available in Richard Jefferson. The Utah Jazz are also in the market for a three, and would happily part with Al Jefferson, who can function as a starting center.

Still, if the Hawks are dead set on a starting center, the Clippers are their best bet. To this point, the Clippers have said they're not interested in moving Kaman, but his insistence on not sharing time is likely to chance that stance. A shot at the All-Star small forward they've coveted should be more than enough to change the Clippers' minds. Don't be surprised if the Clippers and Hawks are involved in trade talks between now and the start of next

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19883&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook#ixzz1NCiF8nKL

Tony_Starks
05-23-2011, 03:09 PM
In my dreams I would love to see them get a big to push Horford to 4 and Smith to 3 but I don't think that will happen. I do enjoy seeing Johnson and Smith on the break though, its great to watch. I think Kaaman can be had for cheaper and thats the type they should be looking for. Clippers aint tryna pay Smiths contract when they have to re-up with Blake, Gordon, and Deandre. Maybe expirings could do it....

AllBall
05-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I wonder how long its gonna take people to realize that Hoopsworld and Hoopshype are not reliable sources. :rolleyes:

SP17
05-23-2011, 03:14 PM
About the jefferson and smith deal...Turrible idea..

SNYmets86
05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
I wonder how long its gonna take people to realize that Hoopsworld and Hoopshype are not reliable sources. :rolleyes:

the thing is these websites half the time break the news 1st , and then end up in ESPN

beasted86
05-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Smith isn't a full time SF, so don't think he'd work on the Clippers next to Griffin who also can't shoot.

I think Smith just like Odom are at this point a lot closer to being a PF than a SF.

Tony_Starks
05-23-2011, 03:21 PM
hoopshype is pretty reliable when there's an actual source but if you notice thats just speculation.....

Niro
05-23-2011, 03:24 PM
he would be so good with the warriors

GeekInThePink
05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't like Smith as a 3, I think he's most valuable as a 4 who can do it all.

Bravo95
05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Smith isn't a full time SF, so don't think he'd work on the Clippers next to Griffin who also can't shoot.

I think Smith just like Odom are at this point a lot closer to being a PF than a SF.
I've been saying this for a long time. A tweener who could flourish as a sixth man. To realize his potential, Josh needs a coach and point guard who are tough and will demand his respect, neither of which the Hawks have right now.

TheHighLife
05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Josh Smith for Andrew Bynum

twoearl
05-23-2011, 03:35 PM
LOL. Josh Smith was born to play w/ Steve Nash. I actually think they could play him at Amare's old position.

mttwlsn16
05-23-2011, 03:43 PM
mo williams
ej
jsmoove
blake
dj
:drool:

BoSox47
05-23-2011, 03:45 PM
^^ you wouldnt be keeping all your starters in any trade involving josh smith.

Giraffes Rule
05-23-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't see that as a credible story. No where in that article or in their "source" says that anyone in the Hawks organization is open to moving him. Only a blogger saying that moving Josh Smith makes the most sense.

Although, Tony Parker and Richard Jefferson for Josh Smith and Kirk Heinrich would make me jizz my pants.

Niro
05-23-2011, 03:51 PM
he would be so good with the warriors

this warriors should trade for him

Mc Uncle Cola
05-23-2011, 03:51 PM
How bout the Nets.. Hump/Morrow maybe pick for Josh Smith ..maybe filler

mttwlsn16
05-23-2011, 03:53 PM
^^ you wouldnt be keeping all your starters in any trade involving josh smith.

kaman would be the one heading to ATL

Chronz
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
In my dreams I would love to see them get a big to push Horford to 4 and Smith to 3 but I don't think that will happen. I do enjoy seeing Johnson and Smith on the break though, its great to watch. I think Kaaman can be had for cheaper and thats the type they should be looking for. Clippers aint tryna pay Smiths contract when they have to re-up with Blake, Gordon, and Deandre. Maybe expirings could do it....

Kaman is already expiring so offering a lesser player whos also expiring would be ignorant. And the Clippers can afford Smith

Agreed on all counts, these are my main concerns with him.

Chronz
05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't see that as a credible story. No where in that article or in their "source" says that anyone in the Hawks organization is open to moving him. Only a blogger saying that moving Josh Smith makes the most sense.

Although, Tony Parker and Richard Jefferson for Josh Smith and Kirk Heinrich would make me jizz my pants.

Well pretty much everyone thinks something will have to give, you cant keep the core together considering how much money your paying to keep up a 2nd round quality team. Smith makes the most sense because nobody is willing to take Joe and you cant trade Horford because hes your best player.

I like your trade proposal though.

Tony_Starks
05-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Kaman is already expiring so offering a lesser player whos also expiring would be ignorant. And the Clippers can afford Smith
Agreed on all counts, these are my main concerns with him.

You obviously don't know the history of Donald Sterling. Afford has nothing to do with it, trust me.

97NYer
05-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Please trade him to the Clippers.

Mo
Gordon
Smith
Griffin
D. Jordan

Dare I say 7th or 8th seed?

Chronz
05-23-2011, 04:33 PM
You obviously don't know the history of Donald Sterling. Afford has nothing to do with it, trust me.

LOL yes because Im not a Clippers fan. Brush up on his recent history, the days of DTS letting talent go are long gone. He tried to nab Josh Smith awhile back and has held the stance that he is going to try and build a winner by all means.

No owner is dumb enough to **** this team up

thekmp211
05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
i dont understand. everyone with nba knowledge agrees that al jefferson is best suited to be a power forward. yet the jazz played him at center, and now this article insinuates that he could play center for the hawks.

makes no sense. al jeff is a slightly worse version of horford. they need a center.

to the clips for aminu, kaman, a pick and whatever filler. how does that sound to hawks/la fans?

beasted86
05-23-2011, 04:59 PM
i dont understand. everyone with nba knowledge agrees that al jefferson is best suited to be a power forward. yet the jazz played him at center, and now this article insinuates that he could play center for the hawks.

makes no sense. al jeff is a slightly worse version of horford. they need a center.

to the clips for aminu, kaman, a pick and whatever filler. how does that sound to hawks/la fans?
Until Al Jefferson gets healthy and trims down to 260 getting back in shape, he's a Center in this league.

I don't know of many 280 lb PFs.

thekmp211
05-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Until Al Jefferson gets healthy and trims down to 260 getting back in shape, he's a Center in this league.

I don't know of many 280 lb PFs.

fair enough. i thought he'd trimmed down a bunch at the outset of last season, no?

either way, regardless of weight he is a mismatch at the five. i'd rather have fat al at the 4 than the 5, regardless of how hefty he is.

Chronz
05-23-2011, 05:23 PM

Yup, to compound that it seems the Hawks are trying to install a motion based offense, perhaps that would change with Jefferson around but it seems to me Al J is always sent to play in an offense that hes not suited for. He went from the triangle, to Sloans flex, and if he ends up playing Princeton style basketball he would have gone through the 3 major motion based offenses despite being a classic post up player. Poor guy

NYScales
05-23-2011, 05:27 PM
With the lack of true Centers in the NBA alot of teams have been forced to play PF's at the C position. For a while i've been analyzing teams like the Hawks who would benefit from having a true C and moving Horford over to his natural spot. That being said, i believe there are only two teams that can supply Atlanta with what they need: The Clippers and The Lakers.

Are the Lakers willing to trade Bynum or Gasol for Smith who would inject some good energy, defense and athleticism into a team looking for answers after being swept in the second round of the playoffs. Obviously, pieces need to be added to make either deal work but with how both Bynum and Gasol played in these playoffs could The Lakers shake things up?

The Clippers who are a very entertainig team on the rise in the west could benefit from Smith's defense next to Griffin's current negative attribute. But, neither Smith or Griffin have an outside shot to keep defenses honest especially if The Clippers are going forward with Jordan as their C. Can they get away with that frontcourt? Yes, but they would still need to add more shooters as well as hope Griffin and Smith improve their own outside shot.

My guess is as good as anybody else.

mdm692
05-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Brooks, lopez, vc plus 4mill to buy him out for smith and fillers

Raps18-19 Champ
05-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Get him to the Suns.

Gortat and Horford would be great defensively.

Nash and Smith. :drool:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Dear lord Kaman is awful.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
How much would the Celtics have to give up? Big Baby sign and trade and a few more smaller pieces?

king4day
05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
get him on phoenix somehow

kozelkid
05-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Smith makes ZERO sense for LAC. Granted Kaman sucks. I'd be interested to see him as a Bull if we could find a way to unload Boozer. Thibs could do wonders with him. Especially defensively. On the other hand, Smith is SUCH a bonehead.

jimbobjarree
05-23-2011, 07:14 PM
fair enough. i thought he'd trimmed down a bunch at the outset of last season, no?

either way, regardless of weight he is a mismatch at the five. i'd rather have fat al at the 4 than the 5, regardless of how hefty he is.

he came in to training camp out of shape, but in fairness had to put the weight on as he knew he'd be playing the 5 because Okur was injured. Had Okur come back healthy at some point I'm sure Al would have geared himself towards playing the 4 next to Memo. Now Okur's career seems done, and we have Favors as our future power forward, with possibly Enes Kanter on the way via the draft it really is hard to see where Al fits in anymore, and from the rumors it seems that the Jazz are more open to trading him and not Millsap (despite Millsap attracting more interest around the league).

Josh Smith doesn't interest me though, not the type of 3 that would fit in our system. I'd love to see him on the Suns though.

Chronz
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Smith makes ZERO sense for LAC. Granted Kaman sucks. I'd be interested to see him as a Bull if we could find a way to unload Boozer. Thibs could do wonders with him. Especially defensively. On the other hand, Smith is SUCH a bonehead.

Smith is a much better asset than Kaman, even if we dont want him its best to trade for him and find someone willing to offer something better for him.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
I want Al Jefferson on the Raps.

Calderon, Kleiza and the 5th for him?

Chronz
05-23-2011, 07:19 PM
he came in to training camp out of shape, but in fairness had to put the weight on as he knew he'd be playing the 5 because Okur was injured. Had Okur come back healthy at some point I'm sure Al would have geared himself towards playing the 4 next to Memo. Now Okur's career seems done, and we have Favors as our future power forward, with possibly Enes Kanter on the way via the draft it really is hard to see where Al fits in anymore, and from the rumors it seems that the Jazz are more open to trading him and not Millsap (despite Millsap attracting more interest around the league).

Josh Smith doesn't interest me though, not the type of 3 that would fit in our system. I'd love to see him on the Suns though.

Im curious as to why you think he doesnt fit your system, he could be like what AK47 was for you guys during his prime

Chronz
05-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Get him to the Suns.

Gortat and Horford would be great defensively.

Nash and Smith. :drool:

Gortats trade value is so high that I doubt the Suns accept. I mean it sounds like a good trade off if it wasnt for the fact that Gortat is on a bargain of a contract. Centers his caliber make twice his cut, sometimes more. Smith isnt that rare of a talent.

Chronz
05-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I want Al Jefferson on the Raps.

Calderon, Kleiza and the 5th for him?

Nobody wants Kleiza, besides why do you want 2 bigs who cant defend? Again?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Gortats trade value is so high that I doubt the Suns accept. I mean it sounds like a good trade off if it wasnt for the fact that Gortat is on a bargain of a contract. Centers his caliber make twice his cut, sometimes more. Smith isnt that rare of a talent.

If the Suns still have hope for Robin Lopez, they might bite.

But a Nash and Smith combination would be just as great as Amare and Nash IMO. Maybe even better since Smith can play defense.

IMO, Smith hasn't reached his max potential yet.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Nobody wants Kleiza, besides why do you want 2 bigs who cant defend? Again?

I don't want Kleiza's *** either.

But I like Al Jefferson. He's a great post player with nice footwork.

I saw somewhere online suggested by the writer of the article that a decent trade would be Bargnani and the 5th for Al Jefferson.

I wouldn't mind a Jefferson-Davis front court.

Jazz can stock up on Kanter, Walker/Knight and Fredette with the 3 picks.

210Don
05-23-2011, 07:29 PM
man hed be great ina spurs uniform get rj & tony out for smith and teague

JPHX
05-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Only in the suns system will his talents be maximized. his numbers will skyrocket alongside Nash. it just might be hard to strike a deal cause all we can offer is cap relief and young prospects.

buch88
05-23-2011, 08:11 PM
josh smith's shooting..... LOL

KDM1986
05-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Atlanta would be smart to get rid of Smith and finally get a true center. Horford would be such a better player at the 4 instead of struggling at the 5.

sunnydayin'zona
05-23-2011, 08:49 PM
If the Suns still have hope for Robin Lopez, they might bite.

But a Nash and Smith combination would be just as great as Amare and Nash IMO. Maybe even better since Smith can play defense.

IMO, Smith hasn't reached his max potential yet.

not a chance. suns arent trading gortat. maybe if you want lopez.

KnicksR4Real
05-23-2011, 08:53 PM
dont think he can fit in in ny

TO to the CHI
05-23-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't want Kleiza's *** either.

But I like Al Jefferson. He's a great post player with nice footwork.

I saw somewhere online suggested by the writer of the article that a decent trade would be Bargnani and the 5th for Al Jefferson.

I wouldn't mind a Jefferson-Davis front court.

Jazz can stock up on Kanter, Walker/Knight and Fredette with the 3 picks.

This is off topic and crazy. Why would the Raps give up the five, let alone Bargs to, for Jefferson. He is more of what they already have, plays no D, makes too much, and was given away just last year.

sep11ie
05-23-2011, 09:23 PM
josh smith's shooting..... LOL

If you want Josh Smith for his shooting, lol at you.

Plays D, rebounds, put backs, blocks, fast breaks, and great in the paint player, that's what you want him for.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-23-2011, 09:28 PM
If you want Josh Smith for his shooting, lol at you.

Plays D, rebounds, put backs, blocks, fast breaks, and great in the paint player, that's what you want him for.

Yeah that is why I want the Celtics to get him. We need some of these players right now. I would be thrilled if the Celtics sign and trade Big Baby and add a few smaller pieces to get him.

llemon
05-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Dear lord Kaman is awful.

Not awful, but does suffer from white man's disease.

TO to the CHI
05-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah that is why I want the Celtics to get him. We need some of these players right now. I would be thrilled if the Celtics sign and trade Big Baby and add a few smaller pieces to get him.

Why would the Hawks even consider such a terrible offer? They don't have to trade him.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Why would the Hawks even consider such a terrible offer? They don't have to trade him.

Before the end of March Big Baby wasn't doing that bad. He did just finish in fourth for the 6th man of the year award.

Denver-boy
05-23-2011, 10:21 PM
We'd offer Nene, Al Harrington and Felton for Josh Smith, Zaza Pachuilia, and Next years 1st round pick...??

Giraffes Rule
05-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Before the end of March Big Baby wasn't doing that bad. He did just finish in fourth for the 6th man of the year award.

Josh Smith is a hell of a lot better than Big Baby. Big Baby is a role player, Josh Smith can be the best player on the court (at times).

wmudford
05-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Not awful, but does suffer from white man's disease.

It's sad that people can make comments such as this towards white people and nobody has the ***** to say anything. Yet you change the word from white to black, and your racist

Giraffes Rule
05-23-2011, 11:12 PM
It's sad that people can make comments such as this towards white people and nobody has the ***** to say anything. Yet you change the word from white to black, and your racist

How come it's okay to make a movie like "White Men can't jump", but not "Black Men Can't Swim"?

wmudford
05-23-2011, 11:13 PM
How come it's okay to make a movie like "White Men can't jump", but not "Black Men Can't Swim"?

lmao that's so true

wmudford
05-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Smith to the suns would be awesome. But vc, lopez, and brooks is probably what they will want in ruturn and i don't see any fillers they would give up to make it work

lakerboy
05-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Josh Smith for Lamar

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2011, 01:10 AM
Josh Smith and Blake Griffin are to similar imo....but that would be the most athletic frontcourt in the league lol

Raph12
05-24-2011, 01:30 AM
JSmoove, BG and DJ?... Wow talk about athletic lol, but clog the paint and you win automatically.

Blazers#1Fan
05-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Send him to Portland for Wallace then send Batum,Miller,Rudy,picks for Brandon jennings

Camby/Oden/LA
LA/Camby&JSmoove
JSmoove/Matthews
Matthews/Roy
Jennings

:drool: dreaming I know

apet8945
05-24-2011, 01:50 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3utuyn2

ATL gets:
Kaman
Bledsoe
Mozgov

Denver gets:
J-smoove
Hinrich

Clippers get:
Gallo
Felton
Anderson

Thoughts?

djeller1139
05-24-2011, 02:44 AM
He'd be great for the Warriors...

Napalm
05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
gallo,felton, 4 kaman and bledsoe? horrible trade! Gallo is way overated. in mike d'antoni's system bledsoe would average 20pts per game easy . however i would trade aminu and kamen 4 nene and gallo or nene and afflalo

apet8945
05-24-2011, 02:15 PM
gallo,felton, 4 kaman and bledsoe? horrible trade! Gallo is way overated. in mike d'antoni's system bledsoe would average 20pts per game easy . however i would trade aminu and kamen 4 nene and gallo or nene and afflalo

Both Gallo and Felton would be short term solutions to our need of a SF and a PG. Mo, Gallo, and Felton would all be expiring, and we can evaluate which one's we should keep and which one's to let go based on how well they did during the season. Besides, you don't think Gallo is better than Gomes?

This also allows us to go after a guy like Paul or D-will in 2012 if they're available.

We also have that Minny pick, so we can either use that on a good PG if Aminu shows that he's ready, or use it on a SF and resign one of Felton or Williams, whichever played better.

Trades aren't all about getting the most talent.

Napalm
05-24-2011, 02:33 PM
anybody is better then gomes, i dont mind trading kaman, but i really believe bledsoe can be really special. remember in summerleague bledsoe and wall were going headsup? bledsoe can hang with the walls,rose and westbrooks of the league at least defensively, he is very quick! i would like to hold onto bledsoe 4 awhile! regarding cp3, and deron as free agents? check out my new thread in the clippers forum on psd, THE ULTIMATE CLIPPERS PIPEDREAM!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-24-2011, 02:42 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3utuyn2

ATL gets:
Kaman
Bledsoe
Mozgov

Denver gets:
J-smoove
Hinrich

Clippers get:
Gallo
Felton
Anderson

Thoughts?

noone wants kaman.

apet8945
05-24-2011, 04:52 PM
noone wants kaman.

Really? Not a single team wants to get 12.2 million in cap space in 2012 and still get a Center who will probably have a very good season considering it's his last year under contract?

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Really? Not a single team wants to get 12.2 million in cap space in 2012 and still get a Center who will probably have a very good season considering it's his last year under contract?

I want him on the Spurs. Miami, Orlando, New York, and Boston are other teams that could use him just off the top of my head. I think a trade built around Jefferson and Kaman would be a good idea. Clippers need a veteran presence and a small forward, Jefferson fits that bill pretty nicely. He's got a bad contract though, and salaries don't quite match up so there would be more players involved. Still would take Kaman for the right price.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 05:35 PM
LOL yes because Im not a Clippers fan. Brush up on his recent history, the days of DTS letting talent go are long gone. He tried to nab Josh Smith awhile back and has held the stance that he is going to try and build a winner by all means.

No owner is dumb enough to **** this team up

Hey Im glad you're optimistic. I have about as much faith in Donald Sterling doing whats right as I do in Donald Trump running for president!

Although I was elated to see him dump Baron finally, even if he should've done it before training camp......

richiesaurus310
05-25-2011, 12:26 AM
If this happens the Clippers will want to still have cap for a max contract in the 2012 free agent period which they'd have with Kaman's expiring contract, so they'd have to get Kirk Hinrich in the deal with Josh Smith.

Hawks: Chris Kaman, Ryan Gomes, and Willie Warren

Clippers: Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich

I doubt the hawks would do this, but if they did do this trade plus the fact that they have like $17 million coming off the books this coming offseason they'd have like $9 million in cap room to sign somebody to help them right now. Or they could do nothing and let Kaman walk and go after Dwight Howard who is from Atlanta with like $20 million in cap space.

JNA17
05-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Josh Smith for Pau Gasol. Hawks finally get a true center and move Horford to PF, and Lakers get a great athletic player who's also a great defender. Get it done!

airforceones25
05-25-2011, 01:23 AM
Josh Smith for Pau Gasol. Hawks finally get a true center and move Horford to PF, and Lakers get a great athletic player who's also a great defender. Get it done!

I LOL'd... Pau a true center? :facepalm:

and the Lakers would never touch that deal! Let's be serious!

THE_FLASH_21
05-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Jazz wont be a good fit..

MagicHero3
05-25-2011, 10:57 AM
trade Hedo and J-Rich and Clark or Anderson for Smith and whoever else- williams? Ill take J-Crawford.

kylem4711
05-25-2011, 11:24 AM
noone wants kaman.

ha, use your head...:facepalm:

kylem4711
05-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey Im glad you're optimistic. I have about as much faith in Donald Sterling doing whats right as I do in Donald Trump running for president!

Although I was elated to see him dump Baron finally, even if he should've done it before training camp......

donald will never do whats right, but he will do what makes him money...

keeping blake will make him money. keeping blake will require sterling spending some money on FAs or taking contracts via trade

durantchula
05-25-2011, 11:30 AM
If Josh Smith actually tried, he could be a top player. He is a top 3 most athletic in the league.

corky831
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Man I wish the Celtics could grab him, too bad we don't have **** to give them.....we need to get younger and more athletic some how, rondo and green are 2 nice young players, smith would compliment them nicely in the future

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2011, 08:32 AM

oh....I thought he has a bad contract.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2011, 08:35 AM
If this happens the Clippers will want to still have cap for a max contract in the 2012 free agent period which they'd have with Kaman's expiring contract, so they'd have to get Kirk Hinrich in the deal with Josh Smith.

Hawks: Chris Kaman, Ryan Gomes, and Willie Warren

Clippers: Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich

I doubt the hawks would do this, but if they did do this trade plus the fact that they have like $17 million coming off the books this coming offseason they'd have like $9 million in cap room to sign somebody to help them right now. Or they could do nothing and let Kaman walk and go after Dwight Howard who is from Atlanta with like $20 million in cap space.

wow, I would not even give up Josh Smith alone for this clippers package.

What a rape:speechless:

According to advandced stats, Josh Smith is nowhere near the level of Gasol.

Hawks would do that in a heartbeat though.

ne3xchamps
05-26-2011, 08:48 AM
I don't like Smith as a 3, I think he's most valuable as a 4 who can do it all.

+1. I always thought smith was more affective at the 4.

ne3xchamps
05-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Please trade him to the Clippers.

Mo
Gordon
Smith
Griffin
D. Jordan

Dare I say 7th or 8th seed?

with or without a josh smith deal, I believe the clipps are going to surprise a lot of people next season. Well assuming there will be one.

I will make a bold statement right now and say the clipps will at least be the 8 seed next season.

ne3xchamps
05-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Josh Smith for Lamar

:laugh: You laker fans are so delusional! :laugh:

ne3xchamps
05-26-2011, 09:00 AM
noone wants kaman.

The celitcs would definitely make a move for him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2011, 09:26 AM
:laugh: You laker fans are so delusional! :laugh:

What are you trying to say?

That JS is better than LO:laugh2:

CeeDub15
05-26-2011, 02:58 PM
with or without a josh smith deal, I believe the clipps are going to surprise a lot of people next season. Well assuming there will be one.

I will make a bold statement right now and say the clipps will at least be the 8 seed next season.

Last season they had a pretty appealing lineup too. The west is pretty tough, this years top 8 teams are going to be tough to beat out, there will be a couple young teams that will make a jump, but into the top 8? imo that would be very hard to do.

braveniler58
05-26-2011, 04:03 PM
LOL. Josh Smith was born to play w/ Steve Nash. I actually think they could play him at Amare's old position.

Vince Carter and 3 million cash to atlanta for Josh Smith. They buy out Carter, costs them only around a mil.

Dunno if that trade would work, but I'd be up for it.

Master Mind
05-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Josh Smith to either Sacramento or San Antonio

Giraffes Rule
05-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Vince Carter and 3 million cash to atlanta for Josh Smith. They buy out Carter, costs them only around a mil.

Dunno if that trade would work, but I'd be up for it.

So they trade Josh Smith for... nothing? That's the plan? I'm sure they could get a much better deal than that.

MiamiWadeCounty
05-26-2011, 05:29 PM
So they trade Josh Smith for... nothing? That's the plan? I'm sure they could get a much better deal than that.

Hahaha. I agree with you.

C_Mund
05-26-2011, 05:46 PM
I'd love to see him in Toronto. Unfortunately there's really not much they could offer for him, but it'd be cool to see he and Bargs rotate between 3 & 4 on offense. Bargs could play more on the exterior while guarding a bigger opponent and Smith could attack the rim and play more help-side defense.

braveniler58
05-26-2011, 05:58 PM

I don't mean for just Carter. Other things would be included too, obviously. I was just wondering if Atlanta needs cap space? I don't know their cap situation, so I was wondering. I know they just gave Joe a huge contract, so I thought they might need the cap space Carter can provide.

My bad, I wasn't clear enough about what I meant.

I re-read what I wrote -- I was definitely thinking to myself there. :P