PDA

View Full Version : Heat proving that superteams do work

NYSpirit1
05-23-2011, 02:40 AM
For all the negativity the Heat received during the season, all the critics saying that they had a losing record against the top 5 teams, that they could lose in the first round, well they're dominating them all now. They beat the Celtics in 5 and don't seem to be having any trouble with the Bulls. The Bulls double James and Wade, then Bosh posts 30 plus points in two separate games.

They're proving that superteams do work. It wouldn't be a surprise if they beat the Bulls in 5 as well.

Hopefully this means that the Knicks can pick up Paul and the Nets, Lakers or Mavs pick up Howard so we can see some real competition for the Heat.

As a side note, history shows that superteams work. The Lakers, Celtics and 76ers teams of the 80s could certainly constitute as superteams, the Bulls in the 90s (Jordan, Pippen, Grant and then Jordan, Pippen, Rodman) and then the Lakers with the big man-guard combo in Kobe and Shaq (Howard and Deron today possibly). The latest example was the Celtics with Allen, KG and Pierce.

If the Celtics had been together earlier in their careers, whose to say they wouldn't have taken four straight championships from 05 to 08? As the Heat's big three said, the Celtics gave them inspiration to team up and it's a fair assumption to believe the Heat will give Howard and Paul inspiration to do the same.

VRP723
05-23-2011, 02:50 AM
Yes they do

GoatMilk
05-23-2011, 02:52 AM
obviously they work
great players = winning. whats the big deal?

why do you think everyone was so mad when they teamed up in July? lol

AllBall
05-23-2011, 02:52 AM
Because this is the first super team EVER in the NBA. :rolleyes:

allSUAVE
05-23-2011, 02:54 AM
Heat Winning really do Benefit the Knicks believe it or Not.

ragee
05-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Hopefully this means that the Knicks can pick up Paul and the Nets, Lakers or Mavs pick up Howard so we can see some real competition for the Heat.

Hold on now... The playoffs is not over yet... If they beat the Bulls, they still have the Mavs or the Thunder to worry about... But yeah... They have have been tearing it up this playoffs and proving to world that they made the right decision teaming up...

Giraffes Rule
05-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Didn't the Spurs and Celtics already prove that you can put 3 all-stars together and win championships? Granted, the Spurs did it via the draft, the Celtics via trade, and the Heat via free agency, but it's all the same idea.

hgtiger32
05-23-2011, 03:00 AM
bad for basketball tho. idk.

AllBall
05-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Didn't the Spurs and Celtics already prove that you can put 3 all-stars together and win championships? Granted, the Spurs did it via the draft, the Celtics via trade, and the Heat via free agency, but it's all the same idea.

You can go back a few more decades too.

The Smurf
05-23-2011, 03:04 AM
And my fellow Bulls fans are proving to be little biiiiiches whining about the reffing. The Heat look really good and composed. The Bulls never looked like they were going to win that game, even though it was close for most of it. It isnt just the superteam. The role players are working hard and contributing. I wish this werent true, but any objective viewer would probably agree.

shep33
05-23-2011, 03:06 AM
It's true, and the thing is they aren't even playing great as a team, defensively yes, but offensively, far from it.

Really when it comes down to it, they at most times have the 3 best players on the court, and almost always have the two best players on the court. Their offense is terrible, really it functions off of the talent of Wade and Lebron scoring or setting everything up, all iso. Which is fine, they have arguably 2 of the top 4 players in the league, with an all-star pf. It's tough to beat them due to that talent. I think if we could push the time back a couple years, and the superteams like Boston, LA, San Antonio etc, were a bit younger and healthier, they'd be able to contend with them... but sadly those teams dropped off this year for different reasons.

I don't see anybody beating Miami, they'll win the championship this year.

beasted86
05-23-2011, 03:25 AM
Sure.

Super teams work when you have two top 5 players on the same team, with a 3rd option who is a top 20 player, and most importantly play championship level defense.

Not to sound like I'm baiting, but don't think the Knicks or other teams can get star names together and continue to play this crap level of defense and go far in the playoffs. Heat have actually won these games with their defense, not so much offense.... especially focusing on trapping Rose and doing a better job defensive rebounding.

5ass
05-23-2011, 03:35 AM
I always knew that theyre going to be that good, lol ur talking about 2 of the best playoff performers in the nba. Also chris bosh is proving he is not a third wheel, i mean he is taking over certain games. Hey good for them, bron deserves a ring. Its going to be hard rootinng against them in the finals, but i want dirk and kidd to get the rings they deserve much more.

TylerSL
05-23-2011, 03:44 AM
OP, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves with the Bulls. Sure we have the momentum, but the Bulls are in the ECF for a reason, and they will most surely come at us with everything they have in game 4. With that said, I think we are in a great position to win. Yes the Heat have recieved alot of stupid hate as well. Whether it be by Cavs fans mad that Lebron left, Raptors fans mad that Bosh left (yes we have those), or other fans that are mad that we got all 3 of Lebron/Wade/Bosh when they just wanted one. Some people have literally grown to hate the Heat so much they cant even see straight. It is sad really, I am starting believe that they honestly do believe the refs give Miami all of their games, and Miami isnt winning their games because they are better than their opponent (which is what is happening). They tell themselves negative things about the Heat or Lebron/Wade/Bosh that they accually start to believe it..... So yes, we havent proved people totally wrong yet, but damn we are trying ;).

But the whole superteam thing, this was already proven. Hakeem/Barkley/Smith with the Rockets. Magic/Worthy/Kareem with the Lakers. Byrd/McHale/Parish with the Celtics. Jordan/Pippen/Grant and Jordan/Pippen/Rodman with the Bulls. Duncan/Manu/Parker with the Spurs. Shaq/Kobe/Horry with the Lakers. Kobe/Gasol/Bynum with the Lakers (again, I know lol). Peirce/Allen/KG with the Celtics. Now Wade/Lebron/Bosh with the Heat. All of these these teams have had GREAT success, exept the Heat who are only in their first of many years together.

GoferKing_
05-23-2011, 03:45 AM
Sad but true. If they win a ship then I think NBA will lose many fans, because The Heat will dominate from now on.

12evolution 9
05-23-2011, 04:06 AM
Im pretty much certain that the 60's celtics, and 80's lakers did it....

What do you call san antonio tim duncan - david robinson- avery johnson
tim duncan - manu ginobli - tony parker ??? Each one of those guys been in front of the nba cover... Maybe not ginobli. But i bet he was nominated.

Rodman - pippen - jordan? Garnett-pierce-allen???

***** been done with other teams ya kno....

12evolution 9
05-23-2011, 04:08 AM
Sad but true. If they win a ship then I think NBA will lose many fans, because The Heat will dominate from now on.

like how the ratings soured when Jordan Pippen and Rodman owned up the league for almost all of the nineties.

just imagined if JORDAN DIDNT SPENT 3 YEARS PLAYING BASEBALL

i still watched my HEAT get smacked up by those guys when we just got over the hump with KNICKS

MTar786
05-23-2011, 04:08 AM
OP, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves with the Bulls. Sure we have the momentum, but the Bulls are in the ECF for a reason, and they will most surely come at us with everything they have in game 4. With that said, I think we are in a great position to win. Yes the Heat have recieved alot of stupid hate as well. Whether it be by Cavs fans mad that Lebron left, Raptors fans mad that Bosh left (yes we have those), or other fans that are mad that we got all 3 of Lebron/Wade/Bosh when they just wanted one. Some people have literally grown to hate the Heat so much they cant even see straight. It is sad really, I am starting believe that they honestly do believe the refs give Miami all of their games, and Miami isnt winning their games because they are better than their opponent (which is what is happening). They tell themselves negative things about the Heat or Lebron/Wade/Bosh that they accually start to believe it..... So yes, we havent proved people totally wrong yet, but damn we are trying ;).

But the whole superteam thing, this was already proven. Hakeem/Barkley/Smith with the Rockets. Magic/Worthy/Kareem with the Lakers. Byrd/McHale/Parish with the Celtics. Duncan/Manu/Parker with the Spurs. Shaq/Kobe/Horry with the Lakers. Kobe/Gasol/Bynum with the Lakers (again, I know lol). Peirce/Allen/KG with the Celtics. Now Wade/Lebron/Bosh with the Heat. All of these these teams have had GREAT success, exept the Heat who are only in their first of many years together.

LOL, thats cute. it was all shaq and kobe.. and the second kobe team was one Super star in kobe and a perenial all star in gasol with a lot of good talent in bynum and odom

btw i hate when people act as if gasol is a superstar.. seriously :facepalm:
i love the guy. but dont u need a track record to be a superstar?
his old team as the number 1 option he made the playoffs twice and got swept both times. and has never had even ONE season posting 20 and 10. infact he has never had ONE 20ppg season ever, EVEN AS THE NUMBER 1 OPTION lol. perrenial all star? yes. superstar. ummm no. i think hes made like 3 or 4 all star games. thats pretty cool.

More-Than-Most
05-23-2011, 04:10 AM
I thought their lack of starting depth and lack of bench would kill them come playoff time. I also thought wade and Bron would cancel each other out in a sense and hurt each others play because they both want the ball.... I can man up when I am wrong. It is working for them and they have a great chance at a title.

MTar786
05-23-2011, 04:12 AM
like how the ratings soured when Jordan Pippen and Rodman owned up the league for almost all of the nineties.

just imagined if JORDAN DIDNT SPENT 3 YEARS PLAYING BASEBALL

i still watched my HEAT get smacked up by those guys when we just got over the hump with KNICKS

wow he played baseball for three years? i thought he only played 1

bulls won 91-92-93 then he left. rockets won 94 and then jordan came back mid 95 and bulls lost to orlando and orlando got swept by the rockets for their back to back titles and then 96-97-98 bulls won again. jordan was gone for just over a season of basketball if im not mistaken

TylerSL
05-23-2011, 04:21 AM
LOL, thats cute. it was all shaq and kobe.. and the second kobe team was one Super star in kobe and a perenial all star in gasol with a lot of good talent in bynum and odom

btw i hate when people act as if gasol is a superstar.. seriously :facepalm:
i love the guy. but dont u need a track record to be a superstar?
his old team as the number 1 option he made the playoffs twice and got swept both times. and has never had even ONE season posting 20 and 10. infact he has never had ONE 20ppg season ever, EVEN AS THE NUMBER 1 OPTION lol. perrenial all star? yes. superstar. ummm no. i think hes made like 3 or 4 all star games. thats pretty cool.

o excuse me with the Horry, I meant Shaq/Kobe/Rice (that one year they were together). LOL, I never called Gasol a superstar, but if you cant see that he was part of a big 3 then that is on you.......

TylerSL
05-23-2011, 04:24 AM
wow he played baseball for three years? i thought he only played 1

bulls won 91-92-93 then he left. rockets won 94 and then jordan came back mid 95 and bulls lost to orlando and orlando got swept by the rockets for their back to back titles and then 96-97-98 bulls won again. jordan was gone for just over a season of basketball if im not mistaken

after the 1998 season, Jordan did not return until 2001-2002 season and retired after the 2002-2003 season.

bringinwood
05-23-2011, 04:32 AM
You can argue this is the biggest superteam ever " assembled " as opposed to being drafted...

To sign the best SF in basketball, resign the best SG in basketball, and sign a top 5 PF in basketball in the same offseason is certainly unpresedented at a minimum...

If they win a championship this season, it will be the greatest turnaround in NBA history...

You can argue Drexler, Barkley, and Olajuwon... I think it's not close though...

Oh yeah... Obviously superteams work... Having talent works period...

OnWisconsin2007
05-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Wait...I thought D-Rose was the best player in the league?? HAhahaha...

BUCSFORLIFE123
05-23-2011, 05:42 AM
i thought team usa was always a superteam against international opponents.. we win every year ? :confused:

daleja424
05-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Two thoughts:

1) Some of you have a really short memory (Kobe/Shaq, Manu/Parker/Duncan, Allen/Garnett/Pierce, MJ/Pippen/Rodman, etc etc etc)

2) You guys are hilarious. Before the season and early in the season you were all ripping Miami and talking crap about how thin the team was and how they would never learn how to defer to one another... Now Miami starts winning and you are all saying "of course they are... they have 3 great players." PUH-LEASE people!

JordansBulls
05-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Two thoughts:

1) Some of you have a really short memory (Kobe/Shaq, Manu/Parker/Duncan, Allen/Garnett/Pierce, MJ/Pippen/Rodman, etc etc etc)

2) You guys are hilarious. Before the season and early in the season you were all ripping Miami and talking crap about how thin the team was and how they would never learn how to defer to one another... Now Miami starts winning and you are all saying "of course they are... they have 3 great players." PUH-LEASE people!

The Bulls were no superteam. Rodman wasn't even an allstar on the Bulls. The Celtics weren't a superteam either all there guys were old. If you going to list them then list the 1997 Rockets with Hakeem, Barkley and Drexler.

Do people know what a superteam is? A superteam IMO is when 3 stars come together that had clearly been the #1 man on their previous team for pretty much most of their careers. Scottie was the #1 guy like 2 years. Rodman was never better than the #2 guy on a team and was mostly the #3 guy on most of his teams. Garnett, Pierce and Ray Allen were all #1 guys on there teams. Lebron, Wade and Bosh were all #1 guys on their teams.

PennyMy#1
05-23-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm not a Heat Fan nor a Heat Hater. Never was, never will, but:

I enjoy seeing the Heat proving all that negativity and haters wrong.
BTW:"You mad ?" <- I can't see it anymore.

Finally: The ball, does the talking.

daleja424
05-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Thats why I said etc etc etc... there are a ton of super teams out there

LOL that the Celts werent a superteam... the year before they all teamed up they were all all-stars...

Allen 21.6 PER, 26.4 PPG
Pierce 22.1 PER, 24.3 PPG
Garnett 24.1 PER, 20.5 PPG

...they were all still in their prime when this deal took place...

Greet
05-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Alright this **** is pissing me off. The Heat are NOT a superteam....How the **** can you be a superteam with so many flaws?

Oh well I guess we'll all just see it when they play the Mavs in the finals. When they play a real TEAM.

footballer2369
05-23-2011, 09:14 AM
The Heat's success means nothing regarding the Knicks. The two teams are night and day!

Miami is winning with a smothering DEFENSE in addition to it's elite offense. The Knicks probably won't even have an elite offense due to the parity and Melo + Amare's inefficiencies.

SteBO
05-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Alright this **** is pissing me off. The Heat are NOT a superteam....How the **** can you be a superteam with so many flaws?

Oh well I guess we'll all just see it when they play the Mavs in the finals. When they play a real TEAM.

How many times have heard this this year? :laugh2:

mttwlsn16
05-23-2011, 09:16 AM
ECF is over

SteBO
05-23-2011, 09:18 AM
ECF is over

No it's not, we gotta win 4 games first. This Bulls team is still dangerous and scary.

daleja424
05-23-2011, 09:19 AM

Thats exactly what people said after the HEAT played the 76ers...and the heat dominated the Celtics. Then people discounted the Celts and said, wait until the HEAT play the Bulls. Now the HEAT have control of the Bulls series and you start to discredit the Bulls. Something tells me that even if the HEAT beats the Mavs...you aren't going to give them any credit...

Greet
05-23-2011, 09:19 AM
How many times have heard this this year? :laugh2:

I didn't call them a bad team, I picked them to make the finals this year and lose (To the Mavs (Looking good for me :D )). But honestly, they have so many holes, I don't think they're a "super" team.

PhillyFaninLA
05-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Yes because the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Houston, Detroit, Celtics, Sixers (1983), Lakers......

Never proved it.

SteBO
05-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I didn't call them a bad team, I picked them to make the finals this year and lose (To the Mavs (Looking good for me :D )). But honestly, they have so many holes, I don't think they're a "super" team.

I see your point, but I think what people normally look in terms of superteams is the star power at the top.

Greet
05-23-2011, 09:31 AM
I see your point, but I think what people normally look in terms of superteams is the star power at the top.

When I think of a superteam I think of a team with 5 solid starters, and a top-notch bench. I think right now the closest team to a super team is the Bulls. But only if Rose can learn.

jp611
05-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Pretty tough to beat a team that gets ridiculous foul calls all while the MVP of the league is getting hammered and gets 3 FTA's... Stern has some explaining to do

daleja424
05-23-2011, 09:56 AM
When I think of a superteam I think of a team with 5 solid starters, and a top-notch bench. I think right now the closest team to a super team is the Bulls. But only if Rose can learn.

Ya, no. Thats not a superteam. A superteam is a team with more than one superstar... not a team with 5 solid starters...

Maybe you are just confused. The term superteam refers to teams like Miami, Boston, LA, heck even OKC way more than it aplies to Chicago. Chicago is a super good team, but not a superteam

daleja424
05-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Pretty tough to beat a team that gets ridiculous foul calls all while the MVP of the league is getting hammered and gets 3 FTA's... Stern has some explaining to do

:facepalm:

get REAL!

jp611
05-23-2011, 09:58 AM

get REAL!

Nice analysis from you, I wouldnt expect anything more... explain to me how Rose is laying on the floor all game getting hammered and ends up at the line 3 times, while Lebron is pushing off Boozer to get blocks, getting ticky-tack calls when Deng hardly touches him... this ***** a joke

jtsunami
05-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Some of you guys are missing the point. They collaborated and made a superteam. The Celtics 3 were great players on their decline. None of them since joining together have been top 5 or top 10 players. But all are in the top 30.

Jordan/Pippen? Really? The Bulls drafted both of those players and won 3 championships before they got Rodman. And Rodman wasn't a top 20 player.

David Robinson was at the end of his career with Duncan. And Avery Johnson a top player? Get the **** out.

Manu is not a top 10 player. Tony Parker might not even be top 30.

The Lakers had Kobe/Shaq and Kobe/Pau. No "big 3".

Fact is the "superteam" is bad for sports, not just basketball. What the Heat have done filled 40% of team (that plays) and 60% of the minutes used in a game with two top 5 players and another top 15-20 player.

That's like Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Darrelle Revis, Greg Jennings, Antonio Gates, Jake Long, Logan Mankins, Julius Peppers, Ndamakong Suh, and Clay Matthews on the same team and fill in the gaps with below-average players.

daleja424
05-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Nice analysis from you, I wouldnt expect anything more... explain to me how Rose is laying on the floor all game getting hammered and ends up at the line 3 times, while Lebron is pushing off Boozer to get blocks, getting ticky-tack calls when Deng hardly touches him... this ***** a joke

A facepalm is all you get b/c Im tired to trying to be rational with delusion Bulls homers and HEAT haters. The nuetral fans have spoken on the issue. If you watched the game without your homer blinders on you would see a very evenly called game... probably the best one yet.

And if you didn't cry refs everytime the Bulls lose, maybe someone would take your complaints a little more serious.

SteBO
05-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Because that's how Rose plays all the time. He's always falling on the floor, and as a Bulls fan, you should know that better than anyone. Rose also avoided contact on quite a few occasions as well. You do that, you won't get to the FT line. Basketball 101. Deng was all over LeBron, all game long, and was very aggressive with him, so you have to expect LeBron to get the call. If I was Deng I would've backed off a bit, but I can't blame him. We only had 8 FT attempt advantage, so you're idea that the game was one-sided isn't valid.

jp611
05-23-2011, 10:05 AM
A facepalm is all you get b/c Im tired to trying to be rational with delusion Bulls homers and HEAT haters. The nuetral fans have spoken on the issue. If you watched the game without your homer blinders on you would see a very evenly called game... probably the best one yet.

And if you didn't cry refs everytime the Bulls lose, maybe someone would take your complaints a little more serious.

Evenly called game? How is the MVP of the league not getting any foul calls? The guy was getting hammered all game and he couldnt make it to the line... The Heat played great defense but at the same time every time the game got close the refs came up with some ******** calls to kill the Bulls momentum... it was ****ing horrible last night, probably the worst of the entire series

daleja424
05-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Some of you guys are missing the point. They collaborated and made a superteam. The Celtics 3 were great players on their decline. None of them since joining together have been top 5 or top 10 players. But all are in the top 30.

Jordan/Pippen? Really? The Bulls drafted both of those players and won 3 championships before they got Rodman. And Rodman wasn't a top 20 player.

David Robinson was at the end of his career with Duncan. And Avery Johnson a top player? Get the **** out.

Manu is not a top 10 player. Tony Parker might not even be top 30.

The Lakers had Kobe/Shaq and Kobe/Pau. No "big 3".

Fact is the "superteam" is bad for sports, not just basketball. What the Heat have done filled 40% of team (that plays) and 60% of the minutes used in a game with two top 5 players and another top 15-20 player.

That's like Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Darrelle Revis, Greg Jennings, Antonio Gates, Jake Long, Logan Mankins, Julius Peppers, Ndamakong Suh, and Clay Matthews on the same team and fill in the gaps with below-average players.

I see...so b/c the big 3 didn't waste their best years away before realizing that no one can win alone...we criticize them.

Those selfish bastards taking less money and personal glory to win more games and chase titles.

daleja424
05-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Evenly called game? How is the MVP of the league not getting any foul calls? The guy was getting hammered all game and he couldnt make it to the line... The Heat played great defense but at the same time every time the game got close the refs came up with some ******** calls to kill the Bulls momentum... it was ****ing horrible last night, probably the worst of the entire series

Again... I am not going to bother arguing the point with you. No matter what I say and point out you have your mind made up already.

The nuetral parties have spoken...and you are wrong. PERIOD.

(edit: Even the non flaming Bulls fans have agreed with me)

PurpleJesus
05-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I think Boston proved this a couple years ago, and before them, many other teams proved it as well.

A more appropriate title for this thread would be that the Heat are proving the critics wrong...although, if they do not win a championship, this season still will not be considered a success.

twoearl
05-23-2011, 10:13 AM
obviously they work
great players = winning. whats the big deal?

why do you think everyone was so mad when they teamed up in July? lol

This. People are not SHOCKED it's working. The Heat are really in a NO win situation. If they win it all people will say they were SUPPOSED to win with Two and a half Superstars on the team. But if they Lose people will LAUGH and say they are terrible. And start calling Lebron the Charles Barkley of this era...

A tough spot to be in if you ask me, but when I think about all the millions of dollars they get I don't feel as bad...lol

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 10:14 AM
why is this thread not closed? this is just a thread for Heat fans to gloat about their 2-1 lead over the Bulls. seriously mods, get on the ball here.

daleja424
05-23-2011, 10:19 AM
why is this thread not closed? this is just a thread for Heat fans to gloat about their 2-1 lead over the Bulls. seriously mods, get on the ball here.

Really? Where? If this thread is full of gloating HEAt fans then quote a couple... go ahead...

Let me guess...you didn't even read the thread...

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 10:26 AM
why do u need to open a thread saying "proof that superteams work!"
um...dont u remember the Celtics already proved this?

and you havent WON anything yet, so you cant run around saying "it worked"!

if you win a championship, THEN you can say "it worked! (again)"
and trust me, no one is surprised. The negativity was bc teams/fans were pissed you stacked your team and they were tryin to kick the Heat down a notch.

Nobody was really DOUBTING the Heat, they were just afraid to admit how successfull they will be.

I hate when teams say "this is to all the haters" or the "were the underdog, its us vs everybody" when they are in fact NOT the underdog or if no one is really out there actually hating on them. They try to use the "us against the world" motivation nonsense when its not even the case. Trust me, there are ALOT of ppl rooting for the Heat (including david stern and his minions)

daleja424
05-23-2011, 10:31 AM

and trust me, no one is surprised. The negativity was bc teams/fans were pissed you stacked your team and they were tryin to kick the Heat down a notch.

Nobody was really DOUBTING the Heat, they were just afraid to admit how successfull they will be.

I hate when teams say "this is to all the haters" or the "were the underdog, its us vs everybody" when they are in fact NOT the underdog or if no one is really out there actually hating on them. They try to use the "us against the world" motivation nonsense when its not even the case. Trust me, there are ALOT of ppl rooting for the Heat (including david stern and his minions)

1. A HEAT fan DIDN'T start this thread...

2. Most of the HEAT fans in this thread have been saying the exact same thing. Its been done before. HEAT aren't proving anything.

3. Where are all the hEAT fans gloating like you claimed? I am still waiting...

mdm692
05-23-2011, 10:31 AM
The only thing theyve proven is that bulls need a sg that can score and create his own shot and defen the perineter as well(pietrus, afflalo probably this offseason) if u guys have really been watching the series the lack of offensive power is what really kills chi even as it is now chicago has a great chance of winnin the series.

Super team hasnt convinced me yet lets see they beat the 76ers the fu**ing 76ers heat shoulda swept them and they all shoulda been blow outs, no it was close games with heat getting a big scare. Then heat plays boston with a beat up old *** roster and then u take out the best player on the celtics wow be proud of that. Now u win 2 impressive games to make up for the most embarrassing loss of the season. All i know is this series FAR from over so heat BANDWAGON fans stop celebrating like miami has won the championshipNO DISRESPECT TO THEVTRUE MIAMI FANS)

SteBO
05-23-2011, 10:35 AM
The only thing theyve proven is that bulls need a sg that can score and create his own shot and defen the perineter as well(pietrus, afflalo probably this offseason) if u guys have really been watching the series the lack of offensive power is what really kills chi even as it is now chicago has a great chance of winnin the series.

Super team hasnt convinced me yet lets see they beat the 76ers the fu**ing 76ers heat shoulda swept them and they all shoulda been blow outs, no it was close games with heat getting a big scare. Then heat plays boston with a beat up old *** roster and then u take out the best player on the celtics wow be proud of that. Now u win 2 impressive games to make up for the most embarrassing loss of the season. All i know is this series FAR from over so heat BANDWAGON fans stop celebrating like miami has won the championshipNO DISRESPECT TO THEVTRUE MIAMI FANS)
Where's the celebrating in this thread?......I'm still waiting.......

Heater4life
05-23-2011, 10:36 AM
The Heat havent accomplished anythiing. Ill be more inclined to contribute, if and when we win a title. Until then, its just as vaild a question as when the season started.

Sly Guy
05-23-2011, 10:44 AM
meh, I still expect the bulls to win this series, 'super team' or not.

mdm692
05-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Where's the celebrating in this thread?......I'm still waiting.......
So youre admitting youre a bandwagon fan right??
And celebration is everywhere kinda like when they beat the celtcs

Caution1011
05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
You want a Heat fan to gloat a little.... ok here it goes.... HAHA WE ARE GOING TO THE FINALS!!!! lol but on a serious note. Every great championship squad has great players and to say otherwise you obviously don't watch basketball. Even with the Shaq/Kobe team you can had no 3 superstars, but you had better role players. The heat made this team on the fly, just picked up pieces and handed it to their stars. Over time the Heat will continue to add pieces that will really make you hate them over the next couple yrs. Point blank we've seen these "superteams" b4 with all great dynasties there has to be a lot of talent

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 10:58 AM
1. A HEAT fan DIDN'T start this thread...

2. Most of the HEAT fans in this thread have been saying the exact same thing. Its been done before. HEAT aren't proving anything.

3. Where are all the hEAT fans gloating like you claimed? I am still waiting...

you missed my point...

Two thoughts:

um...you all? uhh...i remember more ppl saying the Heat were gonna dominate this season than ppl saying they would fail. so..your only remembering the haters voices. Of course yes, there WERE haters, but it was definitely a small minority of them compared to the ppl saying the Heat would do well. And they were only hating bc they were mad. If thats what you choose to remember, thats okay, but dont go around claiming you "succeeded" when everyone doubted u. No no, everyone is not doubting the Heat. Its expected from them. When you put those superstars together, there are NO excuses left if the they dont win the Finals.

daleja424
05-23-2011, 10:59 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Go read the last page of this thread. SteBo wasn't asking for people to celebrate... he was responding to a hater that came in here claiming the HEAT fans were just using this thread to celebrate...which wasn't happening at all....

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 11:01 AM
lol thanks caution

KnicksorBust
05-23-2011, 11:04 AM
I think Boston proved this a couple years ago, and before them, many other teams proved it as well.

A more appropriate title for this thread would be that the Heat are proving the critics wrong...although, if they do not win a championship, this season still will not be considered a success.

Winning a title is not a success? :rolleyes: I normally don't call people out but you have to be bitter about something to say that.

This. People are not SHOCKED it's working. The Heat are really in a NO win situation. If they win it all people will say they were SUPPOSED to win with Two and a half Superstars on the team. But if they Lose people will LAUGH and say they are terrible. And start calling Lebron the Charles Barkley of this era...

A tough spot to be in if you ask me, but when I think about all the millions of dollars they get I don't feel as bad...lol

A LOT of people were saying that it wasn't going to work before the season and especially after their 9-8 start when they had basically the same record as the Cavs. "LeBron and Wade can't play together." "They have no Point Guard or Center." etc. etc.

You don't think they've proved how good they are after a 58 win season and being 2 wins away from the Finals? I do.

AllBall
05-23-2011, 11:07 AM

FTs For the Series

Bulls 67 FTs
Heat 68 FTs

Yeah, the refs. LMFAO!!!!!! :laugh:

SteBO
05-23-2011, 11:07 AM

Sir, I suggest you read my post again. If you did, you would notice I said in this thread specifically. And no, noone's celebrated this win, because the series is far from over. And how you got that I'm a bandwagon fan from my response is beyond even me. :confused: Nobody in this thread has celebrated this win, and you'll never tell who's a bandwagon fan or not, so stop trying.

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Winning a title is not a success? :rolleyes: I normally don't call people out but you have to be bitter about something to say that.

A LOT of people were saying that it wasn't going to work before the season and especially after their 9-8 start when they had basically the same record as the Cavs. "LeBron and Wade can't play together." "They have no Point Guard or Center." etc. etc.

You don't think they've proved how good they are after a 58 win season and being 2 wins away from the Finals? I do.

LOLOL um...the Cavaliers couldnt be a better example of my point. sure, 60 win season, but did they prove anything? nope. do they have anything to show for it? nope.
You dont need to "prove" a team is good when you have Lebron and Wade on the same squad- its already established. theyve already proved that they are good, but they havent proved that "superteams" work yet. that was my point. thats the title of the thread.

IF THE HEAT win, then yes, they have proven it (again) that super teams work.

i really do enjoy the fact you are a blatant bandwagoner too. NYknick fan or Heat fan? i cant really tell which one u are.

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
FTs For the Series

Bulls 67 FTs
Heat 68 FTs

Yeah, the refs. LMFAO!!!!!! :laugh:

next, free throws dont depict the Bull's fans point. The refs will call fouls/violations to kill momentum of a team or to help build it. It isnt necessarily the Quantity of calls but the Quality of them.

AllBall
05-23-2011, 11:21 AM
first of all, you look like a very obnoxious 15 yr old in your avatar.

next, free throws dont depict the Bull's fans point. The refs will call fouls/violations to kill momentum of a team or to help build it. It isnt necessarily the Quantity of calls but the Quality of them.

1. Thats not me. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ies5FIlNnc

2. Tell Rose to stop avoiding contact when he drives.

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
lol i dont wanna watch that video- the kid looks very disturbed.

KnicksorBust
05-23-2011, 11:28 AM

LOLOL um...the Cavaliers couldnt be a better example of my point. sure, 60 win season, but did they prove anything? nope. do they have anything to show for it? nope.
You dont need to "prove" a team is good when you have Lebron and Wade on the same squad- its already established. theyve already proved that they are good, but they havent proved that "superteams" work yet. that was my point. thats the title of the thread.

IF THE HEAT win, then yes, they have proven it (again) that super teams work.

i really do enjoy the fact you are a blatant bandwagoner too. NYknick fan or Heat fan? i cant really tell which one u are.

I'm a Knicks fan who can't stand watching the Bulls or Heat win (I shouldn't have even clarified this for you but I'm in a nice mood) but I'm also not blind to the fact that they will be an elite team for the next 5-7 seasons. If the only way you can call a system or coach is successful is if they win a championship, then you'd be changing systems and firing coaches every 3 years and you'd never win anything. You setting absurd standards doesn't make them correct.

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=MagicHero3;17991116]

I'm a Knicks fan who can't stand watching the Bulls or Heat win (I shouldn't have even clarified this for you but I'm in a nice mood) but I'm also not blind to the fact that they will be an elite team for the next 5-7 seasons. If the only way you can call a system or coach is successful is if they win a championship, then you'd be changing systems and firing coaches every 3 years and you'd never win anything. You setting absurd standards doesn't make them correct.

blind to the fact...ok theres no such thing as something being a "fact" before it even happens. This makes you sound ignorant to all factors that could derail them winning, and makes you sound like a huge Heat Fan. and im not blind to anything- if you read my post instead of reacting, you would read that i admit they are GOOD and if not good than GREAT. I was just saying they havent succeeded anything tangible YET.

but this means your admitting the Cavs were successfull then? okay, in your words, they were, but not mine.

you ask any player/coach out there to define "success" in the NBA.
what are they gonna say, "2nd round of playoffs is success for us"?
no no, they say Championship and nothing less.

Ragan
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
first of all, you look like a very obnoxious 15 yr old in your avatar.

Stop. The refs will call fouls when there are fouls committed. As an impartial observer I actually think the refs have been doing a pretty good job in this series. The Heat know that Rose can get out of control sometimes and try to draw fouls and are doing a pretty good job most of the time of just 'getting big,' not fouling and forcing him to make the circus shots. The series is 2-1 and the FTs are even, focus on the basketball, not the refs.

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Stop. The refs will call fouls when there are fouls committed. As an impartial observer I actually think the refs have been doing a pretty good job in this series. The Heat know that Rose can get out of control sometimes and try to draw fouls and are doing a pretty good job most of the time of just 'getting big,' not fouling and forcing him to make the circus shots. The series is 2-1 and the FTs are even, focus on the basketball, not the refs.

i was responding to someone using free throws as "evidence" that the games are called fairly, when thats not (as one would think) showing the non-shooting BS fouls and momentum stopping/starting BS fouls. Its very clear they know they are gonna call something before it even happens if you watch. and when they miss a call, they stiff up like statues.

BUT pls dont respond saying im blaming any wins or losses on the refs, I was just responding to a post, im not blaming anything on David Sterns butt buddys

jockrider
05-23-2011, 11:51 AM
with the new CBA super teams wont be common.

king4day
05-23-2011, 11:53 AM
If they work then just shrink the league to 10 teams and be done with it. Only sport this happens in.

KingPosey
05-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Of course "they work".....

Ragan
05-23-2011, 11:56 AM
If they work then just shrink the league to 10 teams and be done with it. Only sport this happens in.

Sooo the Yankees and Red Sox don't get all the superstar free agents?

daleja424
05-23-2011, 11:59 AM

riggghhhtttt....

Hustlenomics
05-23-2011, 12:31 PM
it is gonna be funny when/if the Heat take the title this year after all the hate they got from the media and fans, Can't wait to see Lebron's reaction

+1,000

RaiderLakersA's
05-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Because this is the first super team EVER in the NBA. :rolleyes:

That made me laugh, too. :D It's like some of the people commenting on the Heat squad were born in 2010.

Don't get me wrong, the Heat have a solid core with Wade, Bosh and LeBron, but they aren't the only group of 3 to achieve success early. And historically speaking, they still have quite a bit of work to do before they can be called a "Super Team." 5 - 10 years from now, we'll see.

RaiderLakersA's
05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
it is gonna be funny when/if the Heat take the title this year after all the hate they got from the media and fans, Can't wait to see Lebron's reaction.

It will be the same as when the Big Three in Boston won their first title together...except people will be slightly more cynical about the league as a whole. Fair perception or not.

I don't think LeBron did anything wrong by leaving Cleveland, although I don't agree with how he did it. The same goes for Wade and Bosh to a lesser extent. All three knew in the beginning what their intentions were. I firmly believe that. They should have come out all along and declared that they were going to Miami. Spare us all the melodrama. But this was their chosen vehicle, and the rest is history. I suspect if the Heat win, many will line up for the base pleasure of throwing rocks at their car.

ne3xchamps
05-23-2011, 12:57 PM

tell him bro. Hard to beat the heat 5 on 5, let alone 5 on 8. Stern knows how much money he will be able to pocket from nike if Lebron wins a ring. So stern will do everything in his power to have that happen, unless a team, like dallas, straight up kicks their teeth in. At that point the refs won't be able to help miami win.

ne3xchamps
05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
with the new CBA super teams wont be common.

+1. I've been trying to tell people who think their teams are going to be the next superteam. The new CBA, when it finally gets done, is going to be a mother ****er. Hard cap is what the owners want, and the MLE might be gone too. A lot of teams are going to be ****ed.

For the record, I hope there is a lockout next year. I won't miss more blatant biased calls.

ne3xchamps
05-23-2011, 01:02 PM

to be fair, the sox let other people sign superstars too.:p

But honestly, the superstars we get don't conspire to join the same team a year or two in advance, like the douches of south beach.

LA_Raiders
05-23-2011, 01:09 PM
It is the begining of the End for the NBA.

Heat 3 -Top 20 Players (2 - Top 5)
Lakers 3 - Top 20 Players (If they get DW 2 - Top 5)
NY 3 - Top 20 Players (If they get CP3)

shep33
05-23-2011, 01:19 PM
It is the begining of the End for the NBA.

Heat 3 -Top 20 Players (2 - Top 5)
Lakers 3 - Top 20 Players (If they get DW 2 - Top 5)
NY 3 - Top 20 Players (If they get CP3)

As a Laker fan, with the lockout coming I think getting D12 only gets harder. Orlando is going to wait to see their options under the new CBA.

What I hate about it is this, Miami got the chance to create a superteam right? So if the new CBA prevents teams like New York, Brooklyn, and LA from getting another big name player, how does that become fair? I'm not blaming the Heat, but the NBA, I mean it becomes so one sided that it becomes harder and harder to beat the Heat if they don't allow it to happen.

Sadds The Gr8
05-23-2011, 01:23 PM
too bad the refs give them more help than their entire bench combined.

shizzle09
05-23-2011, 01:25 PM
I think most people knew the heat would be this good regardless of what they said in here. That said we still havent beat the bulls so to say "it worked" before the mission is accomplished is a little premature. If they lose to the bulls would everyone still agree that "it worked"? On top of that they would still need to beat the mavs/thunder although i'd feel the season was a success if we made the finals in our first season with the 3 win or lose.

shizzle09
05-23-2011, 01:26 PM
too bad the refs give them more help than their entire bench combined.

you and your whining about the refs. :cry::cry::cry:

ne3xchamps
05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
As a Laker fan, with the lockout coming I think getting D12 only gets harder. Orlando is going to wait to see their options under the new CBA.

What I hate about it is this, Miami got the chance to create a superteam right? So if the new CBA prevents teams like New York, Brooklyn, and LA from getting another big name player, how does that become fair? I'm not blaming the Heat, but the NBA, I mean it becomes so one sided that it becomes harder and harder to beat the Heat if they don't allow it to happen.

It would be fair because the heat would have to move one of the 3... probably bosh. NY will be ****ed too because they have melo and stat who will be making roughly 37M combined. Not to mention they just picked up billups option of 14.2 which brings the total to 51M. Hard to add another star with that salary already accounted for.

But all this is moot if there is a lockout for the entire season next year.

TylerSL
05-23-2011, 01:31 PM

you're proving the first paragraph in my original post correct :laugh:

I also have a question for you. How many real teams are in the NBA??? Because before the year, I seem to remember you guys saying their were alot of real teams the Heat couldnt beat, but now the Celtics, and Bulls arent REAL teams........

SteBO
05-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Look, it's pretty clear that superteams do work, but don't you think this actually might be a little too premature. We still have to beat the Bulls, and that will be far from easy. Up 2-1 with crucial Game 4 coming up = scared out of my mind. If the Heat blow this one, the past two games mean absolutely nothing. :ohno:

Crackadalic
05-23-2011, 02:11 PM
So a super team is a super team is when great players come together but when their drafted its not a super team? I wasnt born in the 80's but I watch a lot of old videos of 80's basketball and that Lakers and Celtics squad look super to me. If Bird Mchale and Parish isnt considered a superteam idk what it. Thats almost unfair IMO lol

iggypop123
05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
the heat have it set up perfectly. they wont have to face the spurs, lakers, and if okc wins the top 3 seeds in the west. on the east they already passed boston so no superpower isnt in their way. if they dont win the title spoelstra should be fired there are no excuses.

TylerSL
05-23-2011, 02:20 PM
the heat have it set up perfectly. they wont have to face the spurs, lakers, and if okc wins the top 3 seeds in the west. on the east they already passed boston so no superpower isnt in their way. if they dont win the title spoelstra should be fired there are no excuses.

Spo shoud be fired really? Because the top 2 teams in the west are out???? Lets remember that the West is VERY competitive, and if you cant see that if the winner of the WCF proves that that team is the best in the West is on you....

Lake_Show2416
05-23-2011, 02:21 PM
So a super team is a super team is when great players come together but when their drafted its not a super team? I wasnt born in the 80's but I watch a lot of old videos of 80's basketball and that Lakers and Celtics squad look super to me. If Bird Mchale and Parish isnt considered a superteam idk what it. Thats almost unfair IMO lol

ya seriously, superteams have been proven to work for many years

BkOriginalOne
05-23-2011, 02:32 PM
They have to win it all multiple times for it to work. If they put these 3 guys together for 1 ring than what's the point?
I don't see this team winning more than 2 or 3 (and not back to back). Especially because other teams are now going to organize themselves to compete with the Heat. This means more Big 3s to come.

KnicksorBust
05-23-2011, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=KnicksorBust;17991198]

blind to the fact...ok theres no such thing as something being a "fact" before it even happens. This makes you sound ignorant to all factors that could derail them winning, and makes you sound like a huge Heat Fan. and im not blind to anything- if you read my post instead of reacting, you would read that i admit they are GOOD and if not good than GREAT. I was just saying they havent succeeded anything tangible YET.

but this means your admitting the Cavs were successfull then? okay, in your words, they were, but not mine.

you ask any player/coach out there to define "success" in the NBA.
what are they gonna say, "2nd round of playoffs is success for us"?
no no, they say Championship and nothing less.

The thought that there is only one successful team/coach/group of players every year is absurd to me. We will just have to agree to disagree.

king4day
05-23-2011, 02:48 PM

They don't have 5 players on their team where only 1 makes a difference. I get your point though. A better example woulda been Philly since good pitching always beats good hitting.

In baseball, there's disparity. There hasn't been a back to back title winner in just over a decade now. It's also proven that buying teams doesn't always equal a championship.

00 Yanks
01 Dbacks
02 Angels
03 Marlins
04 Redsox
05 Whitesox
06 Cards
07 Redsox
08 Phils
09 Yanks
10 Giants

9 different champions since 00 and only two times has the same team won.

00 LA
01 LA
02 LA
03 Spurs
04 Pistons
05 Spurs
06 Heat
07 Spurs
08 Celtics
09 LA
10 LA

5 different champs in that same time

I've been fortunate to be a Suns fan where they almost always field a competitive team and usually, at least once per decade, we have a title run.
But I feel for teams like the Bobcats, Bucks, Wolves, where no superstar wants to go.
This league is a business, and while there are short term bursts of heavy ratings when you get teams like LA/Mia playing, what fan outside of just NBA fans or fans of those teams truly care about those games?
Maybe I'm the only one who didn't watch a single minute of either Laker/Heat game this year but I have to believe there's more than myself.

king4day
05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
+1. I've been trying to tell people who think their teams are going to be the next superteam. The new CBA, when it finally gets done, is going to be a mother ****er. Hard cap is what the owners want, and the MLE might be gone too. A lot of teams are going to be ****ed.

For the record, I hope there is a lockout next year. I won't miss more blatant biased calls.

I'm the same way. If the season starts on time, it means the big problems weren't fixed. It'll be hard to follow my team, even if they are very competitive, knowing what's going down in this league.

P-O-Z
05-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Lol it's funny , cause when the heat lose that means they aren't good enough blah blah blah . When the heat win it's because of the refs lol gimmie a break . Whatever though it's gonna be fun knocking off the most overrated team in the league lol bulls.

Squishy
05-23-2011, 03:23 PM
East isnt that good. Lets see how they handle Dallas.

AllBall
05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah, 'cause the West plays great defense. :rolleyes:

Tony_Starks
05-23-2011, 03:54 PM
"Super team" is a phrase thats used by jealous people. The teams back in the day were loaded from top to bottom and there was no "super team" classification. If some GMs are smart enough to save their money and build a good team, then by golly isn't what they're supposed to do?

Three great players is not a super team, its just a smart GM. The 80's Lakers, 80's Celtics, those were super teams. This is three great players with a supporting cast.

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah, 'cause the West plays great defense. :rolleyes:

Dallas has allowed 91.31 pts per game, which is the best in the West, (also- leads the playoffs with win differential of +7.38). Although this is nothing compared to Miami's 88.54 per game or Chicago's 87.71 per game, its still in the same ballpark around 90.

OKC has been allowing about 100 per game but leading the playoffs with scoring 102 per game.

Heat fans hoping for OKC and not DAL!

**stats are from 2011 playoffs only

Sadds The Gr8
05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
you and your whining about the refs. :cry::cry::cry:

bandwagon...:facepalm:

jockrider
05-23-2011, 04:02 PM

go check which team has more ft's so far. and also for the series ft atempts so far for some players.

Lebron: 20
rose : 19
wade : 20
rupaul: 18
boozer : 18

jockrider
05-23-2011, 04:04 PM
refs are the perfect scapegoat when you don't want to admit a team is just simply better.

justinnum1
05-23-2011, 04:04 PM

That dude is not a bandwagon fan, but you know it all right?

justinnum1
05-23-2011, 04:06 PM
refs are the perfect scapegoat when you don't want to admit a team is just simply better.

Great point. Heat still have plenty of work to do tho but all the pressure is on the bulls.

King Koopa
05-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Why are Bull fans hating on us so much or criticizing their own team? Just be proud that you Bulls have gone this far. The pre-season predictions for you guys were a 4th or 5th seed not a 1st and Rose won MVP. Your team has overachieved so instead of hating so much on the HEAT be happy for your own teams accomplishments.

As for those who still hating, why you mad?

shizzle09
05-23-2011, 04:14 PM

:laugh:

Been a heat fan since Glen Rice was drafted by the heat meaning i've been a heat fan longer than you've been alive. Nice try though. You :cry: every time the heat win. That is a "fact" unlike your attempt to put me down.

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 04:15 PM

why cant one Heat fan admit the refs suck? not admit that they are "favoring" anybody, but that they just horrible calls?
it will shut the Bulls fans up.
i mean, obviously "you guys hate it. oohh you haaattee it" when Bulls fans complain about the refs. why do you hate it? your winning, so why such a reaction? i mean, people are putting in their SIGNATURE "dont blame the refs".
dont you think that makes it sound MORE like the refs are helping you out? the fact you have to argue against it?

you guys immediately use this reaction when ppl talk about the bad refs
instead of considering it.
and to be honest, it makes you look...like an *****.

you should be happy! it should make u feel more comfortable if the refs were rootin for u!

but, IMO, i think the refs rig it bc they like to have control of the momentum of the game. They want ppl to cheer their calls, not the plays.

thats just my opinion on NBA refs. in the end though...
If a team is supposed to win, they will win, regardless of the officiating.

shizzle09
05-23-2011, 04:17 PM
That dude is not a bandwagon fan, but you know it all right?

thanks man. These haters can only think of two words to use against us. "refs" and "bandwagon". it's awesome. Man i hope we win it all so these haters all disappear.

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Why are Bull fans hating on us so much or criticizing their own team? Just be proud that you Bulls have gone this far. The pre-season predictions for you guys were a 4th or 5th seed not a 1st and Rose won MVP. Your team has overachieved so instead of hating so much on the HEAT be happy for your own teams accomplishments.

As for those who still hating, why you mad?

people are hating bc of THAT. Your tone of entitlement when you havent won anything yet. You invite the hate and ask for it and talk about it. Champs are supposed to ignore the haters. Also, Ppl arent hating on the Heat, they love Dwade. They hate Lebron (and Bosh). Lebron is the most hated athlete out there. When you have that, your gonna come across more hating. Embrace it! enjoy it! Your winning right now! no need to give the haters the satisfaction by being arrogant about it.

**this post is NOT to all Heat fans, just a majority

Chi StateOfMind
05-23-2011, 04:28 PM
I knew they would work to me it was just a question of when.

I agree with what King Koopa said that we should be happy that we made it this far b/c no one had us going this far except for Bulls fans. But Koopa we are upset b/c to me this season alot of things happened to us that went right and to be where were at now and to possibly lose is frustrating. We have a great all around team and a bright future but I think its safe to say we don't wanna lose especially to the Heat. No offense.

KnicksR4Real
05-23-2011, 04:37 PM
It helps the Knicks because it now intriques the Pauls and Howards even more. Let's go Heat!

MagicHero3
05-23-2011, 04:39 PM
It helps the Knicks because it now intriques the Pauls and Howards even more. Let's go Heat!

:facepalm: actually it does the opposite for you. If the Heat dominate, then it gives the new CBA an incentive to have rules that will prevent superteams from happening.

shizzle09
05-23-2011, 04:40 PM
why cant one Heat fan admit the refs suck? not admit that they are "favoring" anybody, but that they just horrible calls?
it will shut the Bulls fans up.
i mean, obviously "you guys hate it. oohh you haaattee it" when Bulls fans complain about the refs. why do you hate it? your winning, so why such a reaction? i mean, people are putting in their SIGNATURE "dont blame the refs".
dont you think that makes it sound MORE like the refs are helping you out? the fact you have to argue against it?

you guys immediately use this reaction when ppl talk about the bad refs
instead of considering it.
and to be honest, it makes you look...like an *****.

you should be happy! it should make u feel more comfortable if the refs were rootin for u!

but, IMO, i think the refs rig it bc they like to have control of the momentum of the game. They want ppl to cheer their calls, not the plays.

thats just my opinion on NBA refs. in the end though...
If a team is supposed to win, they will win, regardless of the officiating.

The problem is if you go back and look at every game thread from "every" heat win so far this post season the reaction is always "the refs" gave you this one. It's such a cop out to the fact that their team just couldnt get it done that night. Everyone knows refs make bad calls in the nBA but the problem is it happens to every team every game. People only want to point out the calls that worked against their team and ignore the bad calls against the heat that happened in the same game. I could point out 5 bad calls against the heat every game if i went back and watched it again. You wont find me complaining about calls when the heat lose.

thekmp211
05-23-2011, 04:47 PM
i'm pretty sure the 08 celtics proved that...

..wait, or was it the 2000 lakers? or the showtime lakers?

no, it was the 80's celtics....wait, nope it was the 70's celtics.

stacked teams have been around forever, and talent is talent. the heat have a solid organization and three of the best 20 basketball players on earth. not shocking to see their dominance.

mdm692
05-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Sir, I suggest you read my post again. If you did, you would notice I said in this thread specifically. And no, noone's celebrated this win, because the series is far from over. And how you got that I'm a bandwagon fan from my response is beyond even me. :confused: Nobody in this thread has celebrated this win, and you'll never tell who's a bandwagon fan or not, so stop trying.

hahahaha i just asked u a question cause you higlighted the part were i was acknowledging the bandwagon fans. . .

Kyben36
05-23-2011, 06:15 PM
bulls offsense has been sad, and im not sure its been all miamis defence, though it has been an effect. bulls have shot less than 40 % over the series, and have been right in every game if not won. theres a lot of the series to play, bulls win the next one in miami and home court is ours again.

12evolution 9
05-23-2011, 06:49 PM
I knew they would work to me it was just a question of when.

I agree with what King Koopa said that we should be happy that we made it this far b/c no one had us going this far except for Bulls fans. But Koopa we are upset b/c to me this season alot of things happened to us that went right and to be where were at now and to possibly lose is frustrating. We have a great all around team and a bright future but I think its safe to say we don't wanna lose especially to the Heat. No offense.

i didnt want to loose to Jordan and the Bulls ... but life isnt always pleasant ...

shep33
05-23-2011, 08:30 PM
i'm pretty sure the 08 celtics proved that...

..wait, or was it the 2000 lakers? or the showtime lakers?

no, it was the 80's celtics....wait, nope it was the 70's celtics.

stacked teams have been around forever, and talent is talent. the heat have a solid organization and three of the best 20 basketball players on earth. not shocking to see their dominance.

I agree, but people shouldn't compare the 2000 Lakers, they weren't stacked guys. Kobe and Shaq were so dominant that it was ridiculous. I don't believe during their 3 peat that they actually played with another all-star. On top of that, Kobe wasn't even in his prime on those Laker team... Imagine Kobe, Shaq both around 25-26 starting out together, then add an all-star pf at that time (KG, Dirk, Cwebb, Jermaine O'neal), and I'm pretty sure the Lakers wouldn't ever lose. Heck just a prime Shaq and Kobe would be almost impossible to stop.

Stars own this game, your right, but I don't like how people think the Lakers were a star studded bunch in the early 2000s.

Raph12
05-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Actually each and ever dynasty in the NBA were "superteams"... This is not the first time this has happened.

TylerSL
05-24-2011, 12:39 AM

lol at your reaction to him. He calls you out because you are one of the biggest babies on this site. All you do is cry ref.... Its so petty, childish, and pathetic..... Then you're reaction to him is bandwagoner because you dont have an excuse for being such a baby.....

Sixerlover
05-24-2011, 12:49 AM
At the end of the day, the Heat will easily win the championship and the same people that laughed at them thinking they would get the ring this year will be talking about how the Celtics were injured, Rose had no help, and Dallas didn't get any foul calls.

The Heat were going to win the title from day 1. 2 of the 3 best players in the league on one team is a title favorite no matter who else is on the Squad.

Master Mind
05-24-2011, 01:33 AM
No such thing as super teams

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 01:32 PM
No such thing as super teams

:clap: co-sign

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 01:36 PM
come on, you'd be a fool to think that Miami wasn't built for the playoffs. i.e. underestimating them like most basketball enthusiasts.

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 01:42 PM

no, in fact, there will more global marketing and more people will watch now that two top 5 players are on the same team and you don't have to watch two teams play every night- you just have to watch one!

I don't think the NBA lost any fans when they got Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, which basically gave LAL a championship the last two years.

I don't think the NBA lost any fans when KG and Ray Allen went to Boston.

and i don't think they will lose any if Miami won the championship either.

The brand marketing is strong when it comes to the NBA. Bosh's jersey sales will skyrocket (hard to believe i know) but with the emerging markets of China and India, Miami is like the Manchester United of basketball.

haters gonna hate and think negatively of the situation but this is a HUGE opportunity to bring the game outside of the watered down market in the US.