PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose has some explaining to do.

dnewguy
05-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Derrick Rose denied through a team spokesperson that he made claims the NBA has an issue with performance enhancing drugs.

The story emerged after Bulls players were available at Sunday morning's shootaround. ESPNThe Magazine took a survey of PED use in various sports for its May 16 issue.

In it, Rose is quoted as allegedly saying this when asked to rank the problem on a scale of 1-10: "Seven. It's huge and I think we need a level playing field, where nobody has that advantage over the next person."

Though the issue has been out for over a week, it is just entering mainstream media. The story likely will have a short shelf life after Rose denied the comment.
Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

He will have answer questions about players using steroids, he must have knowledge of it before saying it's a problem. I think questions will now grow on which Bulls players Rose saw using steroids.

Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Derrick-Rose-and-the-NBA-8217-s-apparent-8216?urn=nba-wp3662

NY daily: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2011/05/22/2011-05-22_derek_rose_calls_steroid_use_in_nba_a_huge_prob lem_dwyane_wade_doesnt_think_ped_.html

dnewguy
05-22-2011, 04:20 PM
At this point, he can't just deny it. The mainstream media is picking it up and he will have to go further with the steroids explanation. Without clarity, he may have just damaged the NBA image.

dnewguy
05-22-2011, 04:23 PM
D Wade: "I don't think it is (a problem), It's nothing I've ever experienced in basketball. I've never seen it. I don't think it takes place."

dnewguy
05-22-2011, 04:30 PM
When, where, how, who? Did you see Luol Deng or anyone else use steroids in the Bulls locker room? Did Ben Gordon use steroids while in Chicago (that explains why he's a bust in Detroit), who did Rose share needles with? Did he use it when he got that ankle sprain? This are questions that will continue to linger.

DeyAce
05-22-2011, 04:33 PM
This is what happens when there is a big gap between games

chicago lulz
05-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Derrick Rose definitely uses steroids

Sly Guy
05-22-2011, 04:37 PM
said it a million times. Anyone who believes any professional sports league is free of PEDs needs to get their head out of the sand.

Raph12
05-22-2011, 04:38 PM
I wonder who he saw using it though?...

IamKaiserSoze
05-22-2011, 04:39 PM
honestly, would anyone really be surprised if there were a steroid problem in the nba?
the problem with a player saying there might be, is that it implies he has to throw one of his own teammates under the bus (which no player should ever do).

steroids probably are a problem. but since no one man crusade will ever stop it, best just to shut your yap and say you don't know that much about it.

dnewguy
05-22-2011, 04:40 PM

He must have seen someone using it before making that statement.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2011, 04:41 PM
He must have seen someone using it before making that statement.

bogans

dnewguy
05-22-2011, 04:43 PM
bogans

If Bogans used it then it should be legal for everyone because it clearly isn't helping his performance.

ink
05-22-2011, 04:44 PM

I doubt it's hard to find people using. Doubtful he's just talking about one incident since he said that something like 70% of players were using ...

This thread should be merged with the other thread. It's a legit topic but we only need one NBA steroid thread.

TheHighLife
05-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Uh oh!

Briggurlacher
05-22-2011, 04:50 PM
I especially like the part where OP says he isn't baiting, but then said "It has to be a Bulls player that he saw using them."

OP is a glorious winged phaggot.

Avenged
05-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Why are the same 2 posters always "fighting" in mostly every thread there is. Come on guys.

Closing this one since there's already a thread on this.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620999