PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose says NBA has a "huge" steroids problem

Pages : [1] 2

godolphins
05-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Derrick Rose, recently said that basketball has a "huge" steroids problem.* Rose, whose team is currently in the NBA playoffs, also called for a more "level playing field" in his sport.

Rose was asked the following question by ESPN the Magazine, "If 1 equals 'What are PEDs (Performance Enhancing Drugs)'? and 10 equals 'Everybody's Juicing'...How big of an issue is illegal enhancing in your sport?"

In response, Rose said, "Seven. It's huge, and I think we need a level playing field, where nobody has that advantage over the next person."
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/05/22/derrick.rose.says.nba.has.huge.steroids.problem

Crackadalic
05-22-2011, 01:56 PM
So nba players do take steriods. I smell a "David Stern is keeping it quiet" rant soon

LTBaByyy
05-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Chris Bosh should use some

SportsFanatic10
05-22-2011, 01:59 PM
^ haha true

godolphins
05-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Sedano Show

Now, Rose denying it thru team spokesman. Sounds like someone or about 300 told him he needs to keep his thoughts to himself.

After his PED comment to ESPN The Mag... Derrick Rose will become most hated man in the NBA by the end of the week.

Redbull
05-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't mind him saying it because it is most likely true.

NYK|NYY
05-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Someone tell Rose not to start his car for the next few weeks. /David Stern'd

SportsFanatic10
05-22-2011, 02:01 PM
players aren't gonna be too happy about it but rose is just an honest kid.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Chris Bosh should use some
I've been saying this for a while. Is it too hard to ask Lebron for some? He's your damn teammate ask the man :pity:

NYKalltheway
05-22-2011, 02:03 PM
I read this a week ago as a leak from espn magazine but didnt wanna post it until the magazine/article was released. It's true though

godolphins
05-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Fans won't mind but players do mind

Sadds The Gr8
05-22-2011, 02:05 PM
he's right. Lebron uses steroids.

JB0B0
05-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Well there goes any hope of getting favorable foul calls

JB0B0
05-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Dwight Howard more than likely juices

Pierzynski4Prez
05-22-2011, 02:08 PM
of course. How else would Scalabrine be the player he is?

DerekRE_3
Kudos to Rose for saying something.

Watch him not get a single free throw attempt today though.

godolphins

Him and Lebron are the two I thought of right away

godolphins
05-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Rose should know when to keep his mouth shut

DerekRE_3
05-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Rose should know when to keep his mouth shut

Yeah how dare he not toe the company line when it comes to players cheating.

Sixerlover
05-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Somewhere, In Milwaukee Corey Maggette is burning all of his Derrick Rose rookie cards.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah how dare he not toe the company line when it comes to players cheating.

He tried to backtrack

Sedano Show

Now, Rose denying it thru team spokesman. Sounds like someone or about 300 told him he needs to keep his thoughts to himself.

DerekRE_3
05-22-2011, 02:17 PM
He tried to backtrack

Sedano Show

Of course he was told that.

sargon21
05-22-2011, 02:17 PM
^ so what?

allSUAVE
05-22-2011, 02:18 PM
A Fine coming :laugh:

knowing david stern

kozelkid
05-22-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm a little confused why players should be upset at him.
If you don't do it, then you are not part of the problem and are part of the reason why it's a 7 rather than an 8, 9 or 10.

If you do it, then you know you are cheating. No one's fault but your own. It's not like he pointed fingers at any particular player.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Even if Stern was keeping it quiet, Lebron is part of the Olympic team.

And the Olympics would have caught him if he actually did take some.

So I don't really think he's doing anything.

(For the people saying Lebron)

godolphins
05-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Of course he was told that.
That's why I said he should know when to keep his mouth shut because he shouldn't have said that in the first place. Its just stupid

The Flash
05-22-2011, 02:22 PM
if 7 is a problem is that like 70% of the players? 70% of his teammates as well

1-800-STFU
05-22-2011, 02:23 PM
That's why I said he should know when to come his mouth shut because he shouldn't have said that in the first place. Its just stupid

Why is it stupid. I'm completely confused. He spoke what he thought, I dont see the stupidity.

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2011, 02:24 PM

Wow I hope your not a cop

Wade>You
05-22-2011, 02:25 PM
So nba players do take steriods. I smell a "David Stern is keeping it quiet" rant soonMore like "Derrick Rose is Jesus and everything he says is the gospel."

Can't believe there's people who believe the crap that comes out of the Bulls organization.

Oh, btw, Rose is now denying he said those statements.... Right...

David Stern, this is the monster you fabricated.

Sixerlover
I'm a little confused why players should be upset at him.
If you don't do it, then you are not part of the problem and are part of the reason why it's a 7 rather than an 8, 9 or 10.

If you do it, then you know you are cheating. No one's fault but your own. It's not like he pointed fingers at any particular player.

Because theoretically saying a 7 out of 10 is saying 70% of the league is juicing, or has no problem with other guys juicing. That only leaves a 30 percentile of players that are okay with what he's saying.

That means mid level guys like Serge Ibaka, Andre Iguodala, Corey Maggette, Ben Wallace etc who are incredibly strong are questioned ASAP about roids, along with superstars like Lebron, Howard, Amare etc, and old guys who are still playing high level basketball (Kidd, KG, Allen, etc) just brings a lot of unneeded heat to most players in the league.

justinnum1

Of course he does:rolleyes:

jp611
This is like a month old

DerekRE_3
05-22-2011, 02:26 PM
That's why I said he should know when to keep his mouth shut because he shouldn't have said that in the first place. Its just stupid

So you'd rather have a league full of cheating players? The NBA is trying to keep it quiet. That's why they told him to retract his statement. He's not stupid, credit him for having the balls to admit the league has a problem with steroids.

northsider
05-22-2011, 02:27 PM
hahahah not even a big deal what he said yet of course you have 2 Heat fans in here trying there hardest to reverse it too attack Rose.

You guys really don't take any time off. Between baiting Bulls fans and baiting Heat fans you would swear it was a full time job full of great benefits.

sargon21
05-22-2011, 02:28 PM
hahahah not even a big deal what he said yet of course you have 2 Heat fans in here trying there hardest to reverse it too attack Rose.

You guys really don't take any time off. Between baiting Bulls fans and baiting Heat fans you would swear it was a full time job full of great benefits.

:laugh:

ink
05-22-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/05/22/derrick.rose.says.nba.has.huge.steroids.problem

This has been brutally obvious since the Jordan and Malone days. Not taking anything away from their accomplishments but you can easily see how physiques changed overnight in the mid-late 80s. They weren't alone obviously. Glad to see Rose coming clean about the issue, which has been huge for a long time ...

The Flash

lol but ifs fun to read at least....sometimes annoying sometimes funny...

gwrighter
Rose should know that the shot the trainers gave him for his ankle pre-game was a form of steroids.

I think lebron has taken steroids but i don't think he is on them right now. Dhoward for sure hasn't taken steroids as he was this big n strong in HS. anybody who has seen footage of him in HS would agree.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 02:34 PM
So you'd rather have a league full of cheating players? The NBA is trying to keep it quiet. That's why they told him to retract his statement. He's not stupid, credit him for having the balls to admit the league has a problem with steroids.

It sounds like he's saying 70% of players in the league are juicing so do you won't to see a couple of star players go up against a bunch of scubs players?

netsgiantsyanks
05-22-2011, 02:35 PM
i'm definitely looking at omer asik as the prime guy taking them.

Hustlenomics
05-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Stern is going to threaten him to take that back

ink
05-22-2011, 02:37 PM

IMO it looks good on the league when the MVP takes an honest stand on something that's been obvious for so long ...

AddiX
05-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Rose isn't a very smart man for saying this.

But at least it will take that terribly overdone spotlight about his ghetto childhood and his mom.

ink
05-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Rose should know that the shot the trainers gave him for his ankle pre-game was a form of steroids.

I think lebron has taken steroids but i don't think he is on them right now. Dhoward for sure hasn't taken steroids as he was this big n strong in HS. anybody who has seen footage of him in HS would agree.

A lot of players augment their height and growth in HS with steroids though right?

drama1386
if 7 is a problem is that like 70% of the players? 70% of his teammates as well

including himself maybe?? ;)

k.smith904
Well, so much for Rose getting another foul call the rest of the postseason.

jrm2054
05-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Rose is smart he juices so he says others do to avoid being blamed himself ;)

Hawkeye15
05-22-2011, 02:39 PM
explains why Corey Brewer and Kevin Martin made it to the NBA

ABOMB_56
05-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Please tell me the responses saying LBJ using steriods are tounge-in-cheek...

DerekRE_3
05-22-2011, 02:42 PM
explains why Corey Brewer and Kevin Martin made it to the NBA

Yep, that's why Martin was able to get all the way up to 180 pounds at 6'7.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 02:43 PM
IMO it looks good on the league when the MVP takes an honest stand on something that's been obvious for so long ...
He should also take an honest stand on the draft lottery, will that also look good for the league? Since its been obvious for so long.

Wade>You
05-22-2011, 02:45 PM

(For the people saying Lebron)To me, Rose's comments were aimed indirectly at LBJ. Rose thinks he's on top of the world and can get away with anything he wants.

"Seven. It's huge, and I think we need a level playing field, where nobody has that advantage over the next person." Unless Rose did not realize he is speaking in present tense (he can't be that stupid, can he?), then there is no reason to believe he did not fully understand the question.

This is the monster that David Stern created. Deal with it now, Stern.

k.smith904
05-22-2011, 02:50 PM
To me, Rose's comments were aimed indirectly at LBJ. Rose thinks he's on top of the world and can get away with anything he wants.

Unless Rose did not realize he is speaking in present tense (he can't be that stupid, can he?), then there is no reason to believe he did not fully understand the question.

I agree completely, Rose is definitely taking a shot at Lebron.

He says 7 out of 10, coincidence that Lebron predicted 7 championships for the Heat?

I think not. Rose should be thrown in prison.

the_jon
05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I heard Tayshaun Prince juices.

HesterTrain
05-22-2011, 02:53 PM
To me, Rose's comments were aimed indirectly at LBJ. Rose thinks he's on top of the world and can get away with anything he wants.

Unless Rose did not realize he is speaking in present tense (he can't be that stupid, can he?), then there is no reason to believe he did not fully understand the question.

Talk about overreacting. How can you think he aimed this towards LBJ? He made these comments how long ago? Stop being so sensitive. Monster that Stern created? LMAO conspiracy much?

jp611
05-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading here

Hoopsadvocate
05-22-2011, 02:56 PM
WHat a bafoon!

If he saids its that huge of a problem then guess what derick ur teammates are most likely part of that too. So ur throwing some of them under the bus too. Especially if this erupts into anything like the baseball steroid porblems in the past. Hell look at boozer i wouldnt be surprised if hes pissed at his own teammate for putting this kind of heat on them.

He should think before he speaks.

TheHighLife
05-22-2011, 02:57 PM
I heard Kevin Durant juices.

HesterTrain
05-22-2011, 02:59 PM
WHat a bafoon!

If he saids its that huge of a problem then guess what derick ur teammates are most likely part of that too. So ur throwing some of them under the bus too. Especially if this erupts into anything like the baseball steroid porblems in the past. Hell look at boozer i wouldnt be surprised if hes pissed at his own teammate for putting this kind of heat on them.

Yeah okay, this will deff. be a distraction....not. People need to stop making this out to be something it's not. If it happens in every other sport, is it hard to imagine that NBA players have done it? Grow up and get real.

k.smith904
05-22-2011, 02:59 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading here

Believe it. Rose could save a child from a burning building, and people would question whether or not he torched the building himself in order to make himself look like a hero.

Just don't even bother lol

:facepalm:

k.smith904
05-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Also, JJ Barea is a god damn roid raging freak of diabolical proportions.

northsider
05-22-2011, 03:01 PM
I really don't see the big ****ing deal.

HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PERCENTAGES SO STOP SAYING THAT!!!

Also this is about a month old. Saying the severity out of a scale of 10 is a 7 does not translate to 70% of the league.

Some of you really need to start reading what you are posting on here.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Believe it. Rose could save a child from a burning building, and people would question whether or not he torched the building himself in order to make himself look like a hero.

Just don't even bother lol

That's the treatment Lebron gets but not Rose

Hoopsadvocate
05-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah okay, this will deff. be a distraction....not. People need to stop making this out to be something it's not. If it happens in every other sport, is it hard to imagine that NBA players have done it? Grow up and get real.

Do u remember how bad conseco got it after his comments on "steroids" in his league. Thing is rose is still in his young age in the league. PLayers will not be too happy with him for a while if this is true.

Believe what u want but history shows how ugly this can get.

northsider
05-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Do u remember how bad conseco got it after his comments on "steroids" in his league. Thing is rose is still in his young age in the league. PLayers will not be too happy with him for a while if this is true.

Believe what u want but history shows how ugly this can get.

I also remember Conseco came out and was personally attacking and pointing fingers and mentioning names.

shep33
05-22-2011, 03:04 PM
roids aren't just about getting big

justinnum1
05-22-2011, 03:04 PM
I'd say lack of players intelligence is a bigger problem.

Hawkeye15
05-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Heat and Bulls fans can fight over anything. Wow

Hoopsadvocate
05-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I also remember Conseco came out and was personally attacking and pointing fingers and mentioning names.

This is true he was beyond stupid not saying rose did the exact same thing but he kinda is beginning to write a check his *** cant cash. Do u really think the media will leave this alone?

Or keep questioning him and others about it. And sooner or later ***** gonna get really nasty and who will they point at as responsible for starting the fire? Id say probably derrick rose.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 03:06 PM
D. Rose is afraid of competition that's why he want players out of the league

I'm just joking Bulls fans ;)

valade16
05-22-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm confused, where did Rose say that "70%" of the league does Roids?

I saw that he said the severity of the problem is a 7/10, but nothing about 70%...

People need to take the advice their giving Rose and learn to think before you talk.

save the knicks
05-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Honestly there should be a lot more steroids in pro sports. It's entertainment! I want my athletes freakish and superhuman.

AddiX
05-22-2011, 03:08 PM
A lot of athletes in all sports are using something whether it's epo, hgh, or roids.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 03:09 PM
I'd say lack of players intelligence is a bigger problem.
Not in this case, just check his SAT scores........oh wait

Gators123
05-22-2011, 03:10 PM
I wish Austin Daye would take steroids.

HesterTrain
05-22-2011, 03:11 PM
This is true he was beyond stupid not saying rose did the exact same thing but he kinda is beginning to write a check his *** cant cash. Do u really think the media will leave this alone?

Or keep questioning him and others about it. And sooner or later ***** gonna get really nasty and who will they point at as responsible for starting the fire? Id say probably derrick rose.

First of all, why does this even bother you? Because Rose said it? What Conseco did and what Rose said are two completely different things. If that's not obvious then you really do need to do your research. Even if it was to become a big issue, which I don't see it becoming one any time soon. Would you really want the league to be full of cheaters? It seems like Heat fans are getting pissed off over something obvious, just the fact that Rose said it is what makes it a big deal... It's beyond pathetic.

jp611
05-22-2011, 03:12 PM

This happened over a month ago so yea it will stay out of the media

Tanakid777
05-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Isn't this obvious

northsider
05-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Yeah the best part is this happened over a month ago.

gwrighter
A lot of players augment their height and growth in HS with steroids though right?

this is true, however there are bound to be some outliers, the reason why i say that dwight hasnt is because the progression of his body from rookie to now hasn't been that drastic. Where as if you look at LBJ, he's gone from skinny rookie to a gigantic brick house of a man.

I would assume that those that are Bigger (Dhoward, LBJ) didnt need to take roids in HS cuz they dominated regardless. it would be the fringe type players, (Rashard Lewis, OJ Mayo) that would take PED's to put them over the edge.

Cal827
Well, those comments have basically assured that we will see Lebron close-line Rose at least once in the remainder of the the Eastern Conference Finals lol just kidding :D

Not sure who's on them. Some seem like they would be but they just could be freaks of nature (E.g. Lebron, Howard). Stern ain't going to like this though.. A fine is probably coming, as well as them rigging one of his future drug tests (if they start testing for him) lol

godolphins
05-22-2011, 03:16 PM
First of all, why does this even bother you? Because Rose said it? What Conseco did and what Rose said are two completely different things. If that's not obvious then you really do need to do your research. Even if it was to become a big issue, which I don't see it becoming one any time soon. Would you really want the league to be full of cheaters? It seems like Heat fans are getting pissed off over something obvious, just the fact that Rose said it is what makes it a big deal... It's beyond pathetic.
Now you know how Heat fans feel every time Lebron says something and it gets blown out of proportion

k.smith904
05-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Funny how though Rose mentioned absolutely zero names, everyone immediately brings up Lebron.

Hoopsadvocate
05-22-2011, 03:19 PM

DOesnt bother me at all i just gave my opinion on it and think hes an idiot for saying anything about it because it will most likely come back negativley on him as well and his teammates.

I dont give a crap if it was derrick rose or if russel westbrook said it its dumb regardless. Bullsa fans just stop being so sensitive when hes in a conversation.

Hiphopopotamus
05-22-2011, 03:20 PM
This came out a longtime ago....like a month or so. Why is this coming up now?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Rose should speak his mind. I'm more frustrated he backed off his stance.

I don't think it will be the freaks (or only the freaks) who are on the roids though. Many probably use it in a way similiar to track athletes: injury prevention. It's a long season.

TheHighLife
05-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I figured I might as well start a thread discussing the possible players using steroids. So.. who do you think uses them? Or, who do you think should use them, for example, that one guy, Kevin Durant. :eyebrow:
(This thread is just for fun)

HesterTrain
05-22-2011, 03:23 PM
DOesnt bother me at all i just gave my opinion on it and think hes an idiot for saying anything about it because it will most likely come back negativley on him as well and his teammates.

I dont give a crap if it was derrick rose or if russel westbrook said it its dumb regardless. Bullsa fans just stop being so sensitive when hes in a conversation.

Really? We are being sensitive because a Heat fan posted this thread in which is old news. The only ones saying anything negative about Rose are yet again the Heat fans. Why should he of kept his mouth shut? Because players will get roid rage and flip out at him in fear of being caught. Or because no names were mentioned yet Lebron's name pops up in every other post? If you think outside of the box and get back to reality, then you would realize that this isn't a big enough issue to rant such a backlash. If the media wanted to make a big deal about it, then it would already be all over the media outlets. Just like you said " doesn't matter who said it ", well then what does it matter when someone states the obvious? You're just making it a bigger deal then it has to be.

VCaintdead17
05-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Honestly there should be a lot more steroids in pro sports. It's entertainment! I want my athletes freakish and superhuman.

Agreed. And when the players get old replace their worn down legs with robotic parts.

Gators123
05-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Austin Daye should use them.

Sadds The Gr8
05-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Lebron and Wade.

D-Will4Prez
05-22-2011, 03:28 PM
roids aren't just about getting big

They're about getting smaller too in some areas :rolleyes:

gotoHcarolina52
05-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Because theoretically saying a 7 out of 10 is saying 70% of the league is juicing, or has no problem with other guys juicing. That only leaves a 30 percentile of players that are okay with what he's saying.

That means mid level guys like Serge Ibaka, Andre Iguodala, Corey Maggette, Ben Wallace etc who are incredibly strong are questioned ASAP about roids, along with superstars like Lebron, Howard, Amare etc, and old guys who are still playing high level basketball (Kidd, KG, Allen, etc) just brings a lot of unneeded heat to most players in the league.

this

ink
05-22-2011, 03:30 PM
He should also take an honest stand on the draft lottery, will that also look good for the league? Since its been obvious for so long.

If it applies, honesty is always the way to go. Not sure it applies though as fans (and certain discredited owners) have all kinds of paranoid (and other) fantasies about the draft. lol.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Really? We are being sensitive because a Heat fan posted this thread in which is old news. The only ones saying anything negative about Rose are yet again the Heat fans. Why should he of kept his mouth shut? Because players will get roid rage and flip out at him in fear of being caught. Or because no names were mentioned yet Lebron's name pops up in every other post? If you think outside of the box and get back to reality, then you would realize that this isn't a big enough issue to rant such a backlash. If the media wanted to make a big deal about it, then it would already be all over the media outlets. Just like you said " doesn't matter who said it ", well then what does it matter when someone states the obvious? You're just making it a bigger deal then it has to be.
Just because he's stating the obvious that doesn't make him look smart for saying it. Just look at the Timberwolvers GM(Kanter) who came out and insinuated that the lottery was rigged, was that smart?

naps
05-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Rose is denying (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/cbsports-rose-denies-saying-nba-has-an-issues-with-peds-20110522,0,1460275.story) this now. WOW..What a brave person! If he can't stand by his statement then well that says enough for his personality.

VCaintdead17
Luke Ridnour

ink
Just because he's stating the obvious that doesn't make him look smart for saying it. Just look at the Timberwolvers GM(Kanter) who came out and insinuated that the lottery was rigged, was that smart?

Let's stay on topic and away from this strawman line of reasoning. The thread is not about the draft.

metsbulls1025
05-22-2011, 03:32 PM

Your acting like you are the one taking steroids.

HesterTrain
05-22-2011, 03:33 PM

How does it make him look dumb? It's all conspiracy as far as the "lottery" thing goes. As far as steroids it isn't, due to the fact that every other sport has it going on. Again stating the obvious doesn't make you look dumb. I'm sure he isn't the first one to mention the NBA could have it going on. It's just the fact that Rose said it is what makes it a big deal.

k.smith904
05-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Rose is denying (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/cbsports-rose-denies-saying-nba-has-an-issues-with-peds-20110522,0,1460275.story) this now. WOW..What a brave person! If he can't stand by his statement then well that says enough for his personality.

Or the league told him to stfu, and its not his place.

As far as I'm concerned, him being the only one brave enough to say something in the first place puts him above every other coward who sees no problem letting players cheat at will.

ink
05-22-2011, 03:37 PM
How does it make him look dumb? It's all conspiracy as far as the "lottery" thing goes. As far as steroids it isn't, due to the fact that every other sport has it going on. Again stating the obvious doesn't make you look dumb. I'm sure he isn't the first one to mention the NBA could have it going on. It's just the fact that Rose said it is what makes it a big deal.

And for any Heat fans that are feeling defensive about the allegations being directed at Lebron, 1. there's no need to defend the guy as if he is personally connected to you, and 2. the steroid issue in the NBA goes back to Jordan's era. Hopefully that takes the homerish stuff out of the thread because neither the Bulls or the Heat or any other team in the league can legitimately say that they haven't benefitted from steroids.

pastrecedes
05-22-2011, 03:38 PM
armon johnson

Hellcrooner
05-22-2011, 03:38 PM
dwight and Lebron.
some years ago Pau and dirk too
bsically everyone on their rookie contract.
Thread bout to be closed.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Your acting like you are the one taking steroids.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RZZZA
05-22-2011, 03:40 PM
:laugh: @ the responses in this thread

This forum is classic. Classically stupid.

John Walls Era
05-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Rose is obviously right: some players probably do take steroids. But I don't know how big a problem this really is. Also I'm wondering if Rose has any proof; i mean he must have if hes making this claim.

RZZZA
05-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Dwight Howard is definitely taking steroids. Look at his high school pic compared to his recent pics.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiYVkY5xjjuxQimSDGeF_QeHUcdp559 mBKgAYEPs615hfYBft2

koLohe2133
05-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Anyone remember that scene in the longest yard where they switch the guards' steroids with estrogen and Kevin Nash and the guards started acting all emo and crying??

I wonder who pulled the same prank on the heat this season?

Hustlenomics
05-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Dwight Howard is definitely taking steroids. Look at his high school pic compared to his recent pics.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiYVkY5xjjuxQimSDGeF_QeHUcdp559 mBKgAYEPs615hfYBft2

lmaooo :laugh: cause he couldn't have added muscle in 7 years

RZZZA
05-22-2011, 03:50 PM
don't be so naive... His arms and shoulders look like the incredible hulks arms.

if you want to be naive and in denial, feel free

Crackadalic
05-22-2011, 03:52 PM

Is it really that impossible to add that much muscle mass in 7 years without taking steroids? I was a skinny little stick in high school and in my college years I bulk up a whole lot

jockrider
i wonder if lebron said this what kind of backslash he'd receive, with that said we know who isn't using it durant and bosh.

RZZZA
name one other player in the NBA who has the arms and shoulders of Dwight. If its so common, why dont other peoples arms look like that?

HouRealCoach
Who's to say he isn't using them?

jockrider
05-22-2011, 03:54 PM
or maybe bosh did use he did gain a lot of muscle last year.
http://www.torontoobserver.ca/2010/09/23/report-bosh-linked-to-galea/

jockrider
05-22-2011, 03:55 PM
name one other player in the NBA who has the arms and shoulders of Dwight. If its so common, why dont other peoples arms look like that?

maybe thats why he spazzes out on the refs so much roid rage?

dtmagnet
He's obviously telling the truth, look at some of these guys. You don't get to that size and never get injured without PED's.

BlinkManJan02

Him and LeBron are the two that came to mind right away for me.

RZZZA
05-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Is it really that impossible to add that much muscle mass in 7 years without taking steroids? I was a skinny little stick in high school and in my college years I bulk up a whole lot

Look, when you see his before picture and his after picture, it's justified to suspect foul play.

the only people who sound completely ******** to me in this thread is those who don't think anybody in the NBA juices. and considering the apologists around here, that's a whole lot of people

Cano4prez
05-22-2011, 03:58 PM
The NBA forum...

k.smith904
05-22-2011, 04:00 PM
The NBA forum...

agreed.

its so far past being a few bad eggs.

Crackadalic
05-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Look, when you see his before picture and his after picture, it's justified to suspect foul play.

the only people who sound completely ******** to me in this thread is those who don't think anybody in the NBA juices. and considering the apologists around here, that's a whole lot of people

Theres never anybody in any sports that doesnt have one person taking "something". Its just that people equate looking bigger as taking steroids though you have a valid point. If anything nate rob probably takes it becomes at 5'6 he jumps above the rim like its nothing. Its probably the players we don't expect thats taking it.

MELO7NYK/DENfan
05-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I think Kevin Durant needs some man...

mjt20mik
05-22-2011, 04:03 PM
I've been saying this for a while. Is it too hard to ask Lebron for some? He's your damn teammate ask the man :pity:

lol. :D

JasonJohnHorn
05-22-2011, 04:04 PM
I dunno... I've heard NBA players in the past stick by the system and say it works. The league has suspended guys like Lewis for a relatively small violation, and I remember Alonzo Mourning one time said that the tests are so random there is no way to pass every test. He said that when he was out in Africa one offseason helping put up some schools and stuff there, the NBA sent a guy out there to test him.

Most guys I've heard talk about it seem to think the NBA does a better job than any sport keeping this stuff out of the game.

I cant think of any players who I would assume use it.

Hellcrooner
05-22-2011, 04:06 PM
http://www.moveyourmind.es/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pau-en-el-barca.jpg
http://enlacesdeldia.hagoclic.com/files/2009/02/pau-gasol.jpg

http://www.proxibid.com/AuctionImages/3956/30247/Detail/108.jpg
http://www.vootar.com/imgs/elementos/1282686303_AndrewBynum.jpg

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/dwight.jpg
http://www.apuestas1x.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/dwight-howard1.jpg

http://thedraftreview.com/history/drafted1998/images/dirk-nowitzki.jpg
http://www.mundo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Dirk-Nowitzki.jpg

nahhhh no steroids......

its just some odd concidence that in 1990 when stern signed the contract with olympic comitee to allow nba players in the fiba and olympic competitions they come to the agreement that nba players would pass INTERNAL NBA tests before the championships and thet they WOULD NOT be tested by olympic and fiba authoritys....

ink
05-22-2011, 04:11 PM
or maybe bosh did use he did gain a lot of muscle last year.
http://www.torontoobserver.ca/2010/09/23/report-bosh-linked-to-galea/

Remember how many stories were written about him bulking up in the off-season before he was free agent eligible? It was pretty obvious what he was doing ...

DodgerB24
05-22-2011, 04:12 PM
This forum fantastic.

BkOriginalOne
05-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Lebron could be on it. that would be great.

DeyAce
05-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Howard no doubt

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-22-2011, 04:37 PM
If this is true then, most likely 5 out of the 7 are talking the steroids to recover than bulk. Which is where the advantage would come into play.

Also, all the people talking about Bynum, Howard and Lebron getting so big and they have to be on PED's. Just remember all three of them are still at or under the age of 25. When they put on most of their muscle (18 years old) would have been right in the middle of their bodies producing testosterone to allow them to build muscle. Completely different from MLB use because most of the players that were caught and/or thought to be using PED's were over 30. So, yes they could be but it is possible to build muscle at the age they are at.

redsox0717
05-22-2011, 04:55 PM
I think in both the NBA and NFL, there is prolific use of HGH. And until there is blood testing, it will continue to be an issue.

Crackadalic
05-22-2011, 04:57 PM
If this is true then, most likely 5 out of the 7 are talking the steroids to recover than bulk. Which is where the advantage would come into play.

Also, all the people talking about Bynum, Howard and Lebron getting so big and they have to be on PED's. Just remember all three of them are still at or under the age of 25. When they put on most of their muscle (18 years old) would have been right in the middle of their bodies producing testosterone to allow them to build muscle. Completely different from MLB use because most of the players that were caught and/or thought to be using PED's were over 30. So, yes they could be but it is possible to build muscle at the age they are at.

Which is why most players that come out of high school looks more muscular because there hgh level is really high at 18 and all the extra workout and nutritions thats necessary for body building helps reshape their body

NBAfan4life
05-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Honestly removing steroids has made Baseball boring as hell IMO (probably now a popular one)

If basketball players are using them to recover, let them recover from injury.

Stuckey#3
05-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Inside job... Stern couldn't buy the media to take away Roses MVP so he's using his lapdog ESPN to take away his ring. ESPN was going to run this **** anyway they just needed the right fall guy.
This is the most corrupt era in the history of the game.

daleja424
05-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but who cares? If the NBA doesn't care, why do you? It's their bodies...

And honestly, too much muscle mass tends to make you less explosive, quick, etc.

Shareeb_omac2
05-22-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.moveyourmind.es/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pau-en-el-barca.jpg
http://enlacesdeldia.hagoclic.com/files/2009/02/pau-gasol.jpg

http://www.proxibid.com/AuctionImages/3956/30247/Detail/108.jpg
http://www.vootar.com/imgs/elementos/1282686303_AndrewBynum.jpg

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/dwight.jpg
http://www.apuestas1x.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/dwight-howard1.jpg

http://thedraftreview.com/history/drafted1998/images/dirk-nowitzki.jpg
http://www.mundo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Dirk-Nowitzki.jpg

nahhhh no steroids......

its just some odd concidence that in 1990 when stern signed the contract with olympic comitee to allow nba players in the fiba and olympic competitions they come to the agreement that nba players would pass INTERNAL NBA tests before the championships and thet they WOULD NOT be tested by olympic and fiba authoritys....

This is ********. Even though I agree players do take steroids, posting those pictures of players when they were young till now is really dumb. When I graduated highschool I weighed 145 and now(3 years later) I weigh 180.

If you think that's proof of steroids you should have a look at Michael Jordan from college and then a pic of him in the late 90's.

NBAfan4life
05-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but who cares? If the NBA doesn't care, why do you? It's their bodies...

And honestly, too much muscle mass tends to make you less explosive, quick, etc.

This^^ I wish baseball players were still using.

Hustlenomics
05-22-2011, 05:09 PM
is there a reason why Lebron's hairline keeps going back ever since he started using steroids?

don't be so naive... His arms and shoulders look like the incredible hulks arms.

if you want to be naive and in denial, feel free

:shrug: :D

Lebron could be on it. that would be great.

+ 1

Stuckey#3
05-22-2011, 05:10 PM
This from yahoo sports:

"And the possibility loomed large that what Rose was asked, or thought he was asked, different significantly than what showed up on the final magazine page. That was the view of a Bull spokesman, who denied the quote on Rose's behalf that he was alleging a current, ongoing problem in the NBA.

The Chicago Tribune also reported:

One person close to Rose said the question was posed to him as "How big of a problem would it be if steroid use were rampant in the NBA?"

Fitting answers to questions reconfigured and slanted later happens sometimes in print journalism. It's a shoddy practice, mostly undone these days by video or audio recordings of most interviews. But without pictures or sound of this Q&A exchange between Rose and the reporter, it's hard to know if what was asked —- and what was answered -— were precisely as portrayed in the one-page, graphics-heavy feature."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Derrick-Rose-and-the-NBA-8217-s-apparent-8216;_ylt=Arhf0topI6Q8N85OQ1g0DQXMPaB4?urn=nba-wp3662

ESPN is attempting to start a smear campaign on Rose.

ink
05-22-2011, 05:14 PM

That's pretty doubtful. For starters he didn't do anything wrong. Hard to smear someone who hasn't done anything. lol.

Ill21
05-22-2011, 05:15 PM
LeBron

Rookie year- http://media.cleveland.com/nathans_nation/photo/lebron-rookiejpg-a43c6216c84b5771_large.jpg

Now- http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Lebron-James-Miami-Heat-Jersey.jpg

Stuckey#3
05-22-2011, 05:17 PM
That's pretty doubtful. For starters he didn't do anything wrong. Hard to smear someone who hasn't done anything. lol.

I just think it is bad publicity for him... anytime a player is mentioned with roids. Whether he is shooting them or he is the whistle blower it gives them a black eye IMO.

They are trying to set Rose up as a whistleblower.

ManRam
05-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Nothing like a witch hunt...

:sigh:

Before: http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/obama-pirate-20110420-123022.jpg
After: http://www.dailyglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/barack-obama1.jpg

He's definitely using steroids. This "evidence" is so sound.

kingkenny01
05-22-2011, 05:22 PM
why does this matter it is not like steroids help your jumpshot, all it does is make you play faster or stronger which makes basketball more interesting.
It can't be that big of a problem only player i can think of getting caught is rashard lewis

The Final Boss
05-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Lebron James.

gotoHcarolina52
05-22-2011, 05:25 PM
WHat a bafoon!

:clap:

k.smith904
05-22-2011, 05:27 PM
This from yahoo sports:

"And the possibility loomed large that what Rose was asked, or thought he was asked, different significantly than what showed up on the final magazine page. That was the view of a Bull spokesman, who denied the quote on Rose's behalf that he was alleging a current, ongoing problem in the NBA.

One person close to Rose said the question was posed to him as "How big of a problem would it be if steroid use were rampant in the NBA?"

Fitting answers to questions reconfigured and slanted later happens sometimes in print journalism. It's a shoddy practice, mostly undone these days by video or audio recordings of most interviews. But without pictures or sound of this Q&A exchange between Rose and the reporter, it's hard to know if what was asked —- and what was answered -— were precisely as portrayed in the one-page, graphics-heavy feature."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Derrick-Rose-and-the-NBA-8217-s-apparent-8216;_ylt=Arhf0topI6Q8N85OQ1g0DQXMPaB4?urn=nba-wp3662

If this is indeed correct, Rose was misquoted.

Sorry, haters.

/THREAD

rabzouz 96
05-22-2011, 05:35 PM
rose playing captain obvious, and lol at anybody who thinks hes not taking em as well, even guys like dirk take em, and i said that in the earlier roid threads about the nab as well, where everybody was like oh no basketballplayers dont need muscles, they make em slower,bla bla. peds are a big part of every major sport, hell even "athletes" in sports like dart, billiard and raceing sports dope as much as they can.

mamba24
05-22-2011, 05:37 PM

I heard he asked Kobe, but we all know Kobe doesn't share...

idrinkpepsi
05-22-2011, 05:41 PM
That's awful I can't respect any player who juices that **** should not be there and get suspensions like it does in baseball.

JB0B0
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM
I wonder how much Stern paid Rose to shut his mouth. My guess is probably more than he paid Tim Donaghy.

Trueblue2
05-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Getting bigger from age 18 to age 25 isn't evidence of steroid use, how can you not get bigger in that period of time when you're basically paid to work out? Also there probably is a lot of hgh and prohormone use in the NBA, anything that wont show up in a piss test is fair game.

ink
05-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I just think it is bad publicity for him... anytime a player is mentioned with roids. Whether he is shooting them or he is the whistle blower it gives them a black eye IMO.

They are trying to set Rose up as a whistleblower.

I don't think so. Sounds like he either said something he later got pressured into retracting or he got misquoted. I don't buy the conspiracy theories. They don't happen often. That is except for that faked moon landing ... ;)

gotoHcarolina52
05-22-2011, 06:08 PM
I wonder how much Stern paid Rose to shut his mouth. My guess is probably more than he paid Tim Donaghy.

Someone within the Bulls organization probably told Rose to shut the **** up.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 06:19 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo

"Let me be clear, I do not believe there is a performance enhancing drug problem in the NBA," said Bulls Derrick Rose in a statement.

Look who's taking it back

mttwlsn16
05-22-2011, 06:20 PM
LeBron

Rookie year- http://media.cleveland.com/nathans_nation/photo/lebron-rookiejpg-a43c6216c84b5771_large.jpg

Now- http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Lebron-James-Miami-Heat-Jersey.jpg

he very well could have used them, but putting a picture up from when he was 18, and now he is 27? yaaaa most people are obv going to grow

Tuck&Rolle
05-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Howard and Lebron would be at the top of my list. I could see Amare juicing as well, this coming from a knicks fan. Wade is another that could come to mind.

Reversed86Curse
05-22-2011, 06:23 PM
I really don't see the big ****ing deal.

HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PERCENTAGES SO STOP SAYING THAT!!!

Also this is about a month old. Saying the severity out of a scale of 10 is a 7 does not translate to 70% of the league.

Some of you really need to start reading what you are posting on here.

This x100

Tuck&Rolle
05-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Bynum another. Kinda showed that roid rage lol.

Tuck&Rolle
05-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Blake Griffin as well

gotoHcarolina52
05-22-2011, 06:26 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo

:laugh: How embarrassing

godolphins
05-22-2011, 06:28 PM
LeBron

I thought he was bigger, that's like 5-10 pounds of muscle on each arm anybody could do that by lifting weights.

Mobsterkel
05-22-2011, 06:30 PM
i wonder if karl malone or shaq used steriods

metsbulls1025
05-22-2011, 06:31 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo

And look how only one fan base gives a ****.

gotoHcarolina52
05-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Plenty of people give a ****. That's embarrassing and cowardly.

Hiphopopotamus
05-22-2011, 06:35 PM
there are a lot of virgins on PSD, huh? Just my conclusion after perusing this thread.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 06:37 PM
The guy can't even keep his words straight , if you're going to say something stick to it don't come out and say you never said it when you clearly did.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 06:38 PM
What a humble kid!

footballer2369
05-22-2011, 06:39 PM
there are a lot of virgins on PSD, huh? Just my conclusion after perusing this thread.

Yes, in fact! You may vent about your failed exploits in this thread, too.

rabzouz 96

taking steroids? you shouldnt watch pro sports then.

Hiphopopotamus

As opposed to jumping ship from your hometown team because you couldn't handle the heat of leading them and joining another star's team....all after anointing yourself king......I'm kidding

Listen, I wish Rose hadn't taken it back either. I'm sure it came down from his bosses or the league and he should have stuck to his guns. I love that he spoke his mind and I'm a huge fan, but yeah he should have stuck to it. Of course, if he did stick to it, it just becomes a bigger distraction during the series.

RaidersLakers24
05-22-2011, 06:40 PM
No wonder Lebron is so good look at him his first year and then now he definately grew alot!

Hiphopopotamus
Yes, in fact! You may vent about your failed exploits in this thread, too.

Sold!

Jonathan2323
I really don't care about PED use in any sports, but when a player is a snitch now thats terrible.

It not only makes other players look bad, but it gives the sport a bad name.

gotoHcarolina52
05-22-2011, 06:42 PM
As opposed to jumping ship from your hometown team because you couldn't handle the heat of leading them and joining another star's team....all after anointing yourself king......I'm kidding

Listen, I wish Rose hadn't taken it back either. I'm sure it came down from his bosses or the league and he should have stuck to his guns. I love that he spoke his mind and I'm a huge fan, but yeah he should have stuck to it. Of course, if he did stick to it, it just becomes a bigger distraction during the series.

Yes, he should have definitely stuck to it or not said anything at all. But now that the bait has been set, there's no taking it back. It will become a distraction or at the very least a nuisance--the media is going to jump all over it.

montazingmvp
05-22-2011, 06:42 PM
I really don't care about PED use in any sports, but when a player is a snitch now thats terrible.

you don't care because you know you're team is greatly benefitting from its use...

wade has the classic hgh/steroid jaw...just sayin...

Hiphopopotamus
05-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes, he should have definitely stuck to it or not said anything at all. But now that the bait has been set, there's no taking it back. It will become a distraction or at the very least a nuisance--the media is going to jump all over it.

I'm sure you're right. It's too bad, too. I think this series will continue to be fun.

godolphins
05-22-2011, 06:47 PM

Agree

northsider
05-22-2011, 06:49 PM

Yeah since this happened over a month ago the media has been all over him.

hahahahah some of you guys try way to hard to either bait or just act like a child to draw out the rest of your playground friends.

northsider
05-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Also saying the obvious is not snitching.

Now if he were to come out and start naming names that is a whole different scenario. He said something so vague yet you guys are trying to now make it into something it isn't. I really don't see the big deal to be honest so the fact that you guys are dying so much to have anything to bash Rose for is actually comical. This might be the weakest attempt hahahaha.

jp611
05-22-2011, 06:58 PM
He probably had Skittles on his mind and wasnt paying attention to the question anyway

godolphins
05-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Also saying the obvious is not snitching.

Now if he were to come out and start naming names that is a whole different scenario. He said something so vague yet you guys are trying to now make it into something it isn't. I really don't see the big deal to be honest so the fact that you guys are dying so much to have anything to bash Rose for is actually comical. This might be the weakest attempt hahahaha.
He's going to write a tell all book in the summer

Nikeman
05-22-2011, 07:03 PM

Wrong, you don't mind him saying it because your a Bulls fan.

99% sure if it was LeBron saying this you'd be all over it

northsider
05-22-2011, 07:06 PM

Or just like most of the people besides Heat fans people really don't care. To be honest I'm actually shocked it is a big deal.

I guess he could of worded it better but, saying something so obvious really shouldn't be a big deal. I really don't think PED's in the NBA would give you that much of an edge other then better recoveries. What was he supposed to say. "No PED's are not a big deal and I don't think anyone is taking them" and then everyone would probably be making fun of him for being so dumb to actually believe that.

TylerSL
05-22-2011, 07:09 PM
anybody who has played on the international level would have been caught if they were taking them. That rules out Kobe, Melo, Dwight, Wade, Lebron, Durant, Rose, Odom, Boozer, Bosh, Dirk, Westbrook, Kidd, CP3, Deron, both the Gasols, Parker, Manu, and Billups. That is just off the top of my head...

Bornknick73
05-22-2011, 07:10 PM
They said the same thing about Canseco. There was a backlash and people came up with all kinds of reasons why he would lie. We all know how that turned out.

Football had its problem, baseball just went through it, Armstrong and his whole USPS cycling team are next.

What makes anyone think it wouldnt happen, in a urban sport where your dominance makes you the topdog. Jordan ran the yard for years.

But Id have to give the olympic players a pass. All of them. TO play at that level with that amount of testing is legit. So the King is exonerated to me in that regard.

Makes you wonder about alot of good players who refused to play on the Olympic team. Jason Kidd comes to mind. Ray Allen as well. Makes you wonder.

In the age of steroids all it took was for one person to open thier mouths to make it true. And in the Alpha Frank White world of the NBA I cant see that number being to far off.

I wont call Rose a liar but I wont like him just for blowing the **** up. We got to deal with a lockout as it is. Dont bring that media mess to the NBA.

Id be crushed to find out Shaq was the Barry Bonds of the NBA. Ignorance is bliss.

John Walls Era
05-22-2011, 07:10 PM
They should just legalize it... I mean if everyones allowed to use PEDs then no one will complain. If they want to mess with their bodies, then its their choice.

northsider
05-22-2011, 07:13 PM
anybody who has played on the international level would have been caught if they were taking them. That rules out Kobe, Melo, Dwight, Wade, Lebron, Durant, Rose, Odom, Boozer, Bosh, Dirk, Westbrook, Kidd, CP3, Deron, both the Gasols, Parker, Manu, and Billups. That is just off the top of my head...

And to be honest the only players people would give a **** if they were doing them are top stars like you listed. If it came out that Jeff Foster were doing roids people would probably laugh and say he wasn't taking enough.

SACNYY
05-22-2011, 07:15 PM

Hell ya he does. And definitely Dwight Howard

TylerSL
05-22-2011, 07:16 PM
And to be honest the only players people would give a **** if they were doing them are top stars like you listed. If it came out that Jeff Foster were doing roids people would probably laugh and say he wasn't taking enough.

lol very true

rabzouz 96
05-22-2011, 07:21 PM

But Id have to give the olympic players a pass. All of them. TO play at that level with that amount of testing is legit. So the King is exonerated to me in that regard.

Makes you wonder about alot of good players who refused to play on the Olympic team. Jason Kidd comes to mind. Ray Allen as well. Makes you wonder.
lol playing for the olympic team rules out nothing, a saying among athletes is that the winner of a contest is always the guy who could hide his traces the best, they just gotta be more careful with discontinuing their stuff, or getting better masking agents,etc.

rabzouz 96
05-22-2011, 07:22 PM
double post -.-

njnets
05-22-2011, 07:33 PM
there are definitely some guys that are on PEDs in the nba. its pretty obvious in my opinion.

nobody has said anything about it though, kind of similar to the early 90s in baseball. then baseball took action though. i think the nba will need to up its drug testing soon to counter this.

this is opinion though. im not going on facts. i think 70% is high; i doubt that many players are taking PEDs. but there are definitely a good amount of people that are taking roids.

anybody who thinks that nobody in the nba takes PEDs ignorant. just my opinion.

Kashmir13579
05-22-2011, 07:48 PM
no more star calls for Drose.

Tony_Starks
05-22-2011, 07:49 PM
While I'm sure it is a bit of a issue I really think there was some confusion as to what he was actually being asked. Basketball is the one sport where PED use is the most easily noticeable.

Btw the fact that they put this out there during a great Bulls/Miami series as a distraction is yet another reason I view the media as the Devil....

rabzouz 96
05-22-2011, 07:56 PM
While I'm sure it is a bit of a issue I really think there was some confusion as to what he was actually being asked. Basketball is the one sport where PED use is the most easily noticeable.

Btw the fact that they put this out there during a great Bulls/Miami series as a distraction is yet another reason I view the media as the Devil....

why?

sargon21
05-22-2011, 08:04 PM
So did Rose just get misquoted or something?

ne3xchamps
05-22-2011, 08:10 PM

How is it stupid? I don't know why people are making a big deal about it. if he singled out certain players, then I could see the problem. But we do live in a country that has freedom of speech. Everyone that gets their panties in a bunch over something so innocent as this, need to just go live in a country where dictatorship rules.

ne3xchamps
05-22-2011, 08:14 PM

Please tell me how what rose said make other players look bad? Its his opinion and a little thing called freedom of speech. Doesn't give the sport a bad name. Now if they came down with strict testing like the MLB, and alot of players were busted, it would be the players juicing giving the NBA a bad name. Nice try though.

NetsPaint
05-22-2011, 08:17 PM
If there's players who are mad at him for it then, they shouldn't. They should be ashamed of themselves for having such an advantage when there's guys busting their *** to even make it in the NBA.

Players should work on their skill, not how high they can jump and how fast they can run.

Draco
05-22-2011, 08:18 PM
no more star calls for Drose.

He doesn't get any to begin with. You must be thinking about DWade.

ne3xchamps
05-22-2011, 08:18 PM

Funny how you named durant, its obvious he's not juicing. :laugh2:

Draco
05-22-2011, 08:20 PM

That's kind of ironic because if any player is injecting roids, it's James.

NetsPaint
05-22-2011, 08:21 PM
You'd be surprised. There's thin professional wrestlers who's been caught with steroids I think.:laugh2:

Stuckey#3
05-22-2011, 08:23 PM
This from yahoo sports:

Fitting answers to questions reconfigured and slanted later happens sometimes in print journalism. It's a shoddy practice, mostly undone these days by video or audio recordings of most interviews. But without pictures or sound of this Q&A exchange between Rose and the reporter, it's hard to know if what was asked - and what was answered - were precisely as portrayed in the one-page, graphics-heavy feature."

Again... it was IN PRINT. No audio. No video. They took it out of context. **** ESPN the magazine. Some of you all just read what you want to... Maybe the heat down in south beach is getting to your head.

JayAllDay
05-22-2011, 08:24 PM
I guess he saw Boozer doing it 8p

Hellcrooner
05-22-2011, 08:29 PM

Except Nba players who play in Fiba basket and olympic events are tested BY NBA and CANT BE TESTED by olympics/fiba personel

due to the convenium David Stern signed with COI and FIBA in 1990 to allow nba players to play in the Olympics/fiba events.

What a coicidence uh?

Dream team wouldnt have been so dreamy if Karl Malone was tested.

im pretty sure that basically EVERY nba player has been juiced sooner or later and that includes my fellow countrymen specially PAU , he was slim as a stick when he joined memphis now he is much stronger and muscled in a suspicious way.

How does Nba run the tests?

Rookies and sophs are tested twice a season in days that are PRE SPECIFIED.
Vets are tested ONCE at a previously scheduled DATE ( allowing you to juice basing on that schedule so you are "clean" when the test is ran).

The leageu has also an history of not releasing the data of positives.
They only say jack when its something mino like Marihuana.

Btw if you get caught with MARihuana in teh rest of teh world in any sport its a 2 year suspension.
In nba? a fine and going to some classes.

Nba and Doping is a clear conexion that i would LOVE to see investigated and measures been taken about it.

Right now the only sport im 100%sure that is DIRTIER its CYCLING where 100% of the athletes are on Juice .

amos1er
05-22-2011, 08:31 PM
How is it stupid? I don't know why people are making a big deal about it. if he singled out certain players, then I could see the problem. But we do live in a country that has freedom of speech. Everyone that gets their panties in a bunch over something so innocent as this, need to just go live in a country where dictatorship rules.

lol...this is the NBA ruled by dictator Stern. There will be consequences for Roses defiance...you can count on it. It is very stupid for him because his career is going to be ****ed now. He will no longer get the calls that he gets anymore. Everyone pretty much knew that certain player were on the juice, (cough cough Lebron) but no one ever said anything. It was like the elephant in the room that no one spoke about and now the cats out of the bag.

jonline87
05-22-2011, 08:33 PM
I don't think a high percentage of players are using steroids, I just thing there's a handful of high-profile players using them, aka Lebron James. And let's just say the league would be a lot different if he didn't.

Players on steroids off the top of my head:

Kris Humphries
Andre Iguodala
Blake Griffin
Lebron James
Dwight Howard

Hellcrooner
05-22-2011, 08:34 PM
btw knowing stern rose has probably sticked a fork to bulls chances of winning it all this season.
the only question is when will stern crawford them, in e finals or in w finals to make it hurt more to him.

ne3xchamps
05-22-2011, 08:35 PM
lol...this is the NBA ruled by dictator Stern. There will be consequences for Roses defiance...you can count on it. It is very stupid for him because his career is going to be ****ed now. He will no longer get the calls that he gets anymore. Everyone pretty much knew that certain player were on the juice, (cough cough Lebron) but no one ever said anything. It was like the elephant in the room that no one spoke about and now the cats out of the bag.

Yeah I know. stern is a ****ing douche bag. It will be the dumbest fine I've seen in awhile and will be another reason/example of why that piece of **** shouldn't be commish. Stern is a joke.

Kashmir13579
05-22-2011, 08:36 PM
He doesn't get any to begin with. You must be thinking about DWade.

ha. ok.

rabzouz 96
05-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Except Nba players who play in Fiba basket and olympic events are tested BY NBA and CANT BE TESTED by olympics/fiba personel

due to the convenium David Stern signed with COI and FIBA in 1990 to allow nba players to play in the Olympics/fiba events.

What a coicidence uh?

Dream team wouldnt have been so dreamy if Karl Malone was tested.

im pretty sure that basically EVERY nba player has been juiced sooner or later and that includes my fellow countrymen specially PAU , he was slim as a stick when he joined memphis now he is much stronger and muscled in a suspicious way.

How does Nba run the tests?

Rookies and sophs are tested twice a season in days that are PRE SPECIFIED.
Vets are tested ONCE at a previously scheduled DATE ( allowing you to juice basing on that schedule so you are "clean" when the test is ran).

The leageu has also an history of not releasing the data of positives.
They only say jack when its something mino like Marihuana.

Btw if you get caught with MARihuana in teh rest of teh world in any sport its a 2 year suspension.
In nba? a fine and going to some classes.

Nba and Doping is a clear conexion that i would LOVE to see investigated and measures been taken about it.

Right now the only sport im 100%sure that is DIRTIER its CYCLING where 100% of the athletes are on Juice .
you seem pretty objective to the whole topic, why do you want measures to be taken?

Hellcrooner
05-22-2011, 08:39 PM
you seem pretty objective to the whole topic, why do you want measures to be taken?

Cause it will take the game BACK to the 80s.

FUNDAMENTALS over PHISIC.

Bruno
05-22-2011, 08:43 PM
This will please the higher-ups.

rabzouz 96
05-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Cause it will take the game BACK to the 80s.

FUNDAMENTALS over PHISIC.

i seriously doubt that there werent steroids in the nba back then, they are around since the 50s/60s. the nba gets to be a less attractive product without roids( which will never happen, there will always be ways to prevent being caught, and theres always new undetectable stuff coming out, gene manipulation coming up big in sports now,etc.). the evolution of sports sciences with players putting more time into their athletic training, getting quicker and faster, much better defenders as well as slashers is imo what changed the whole nba-culture, peds or not.

KnicksR4Real
05-22-2011, 08:54 PM
of course. How else would Scalabrine be the player he is?

lol:eyebrow:

drobe86
05-22-2011, 09:02 PM
This thread is pretty dumb. Even if people did Juice in todays NBA it wouldn't mean anything. In basketball its about skill more than anything else. What you can do with or whithout the ball. Being on roids isn't gonna make you shoot better. It isn't gonna develop moves going to the basket. It isn't gonna help you know which way to help slide on the defense for help. At the most it may get you a few rebounds. I'm not understanding where he's coming from. It isn't baseball where you can go from hitting 25 homers to 50(brady anderson) It isn't football where you destroy everything in sight and once you get off the juice you become a bum(shawne merriman).

SirDJ
05-22-2011, 09:06 PM
yikes

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-22-2011, 09:08 PM

Steriods just are not for bulking. Look at Lance Armstrong, he was not a beast by any means.

MacFitz92
05-22-2011, 09:17 PM
KD. lol.

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-22-2011, 09:17 PM
This thread is pretty dumb. Even if people did Juice in todays NBA it wouldn't mean anything. In basketball its about skill more than anything else. What you can do with or whithout the ball. Being on roids isn't gonna make you shoot better. It isn't gonna develop moves going to the basket. It isn't gonna help you know which way to help slide on the defense for help. At the most it may get you a few rebounds. I'm not understanding where he's coming from. It isn't baseball where you can go from hitting 25 homers to 50(brady anderson) It isn't football where you destroy everything in sight and once you get off the juice you become a bum(shawne merriman).

Sorry but you are wrong buddy. All the benefits from steriods would allow a player to maintain a sustained level of play. Do you know the benefits from using steriods beyond what "everyone" knows is bulking up? You recover in half the time, you have more energy and it would allow you to build your muscles to perform at a level that the normal body can not maintain. Which in return would allow you to cut quicker and sharper. Allow you to jump higher and not become tired at the end of the game. Not to mention the recovery factor.

Atleast do some research about steriods before you start claiming roids don't help beyond crushing a baseball or a body. If they didn't work they would not be so popular. :facepalm:

drobe86
05-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Sorry but you are wrong buddy. All the benefits from steriods would allow a player to maintain a sustained level of play. Do you know the benefits from using steriods beyond what "everyone" knows is bulking up? You recover in half the time, you have more energy and it would allow you to build your muscles to perform at a level that the normal body can not maintain. Which in return would allow you to cut quicker and sharper. Allow you to jump higher and not become tired at the end of the game. Not to mention the recovery factor.

Atleast do some research about steriods before you start claiming roids don't help beyond crushing a baseball or a body. If they didn't work they would not be so popular. :facepalm:

But again all the things you named aren't gonna help you much if you're not skilled. Roids don't make you handle the basketball better. They're not going to let you shoot a better percentage from 3 or even free throws. They're not going to allow you to know which shooter to rotate too. They're not giving you new moves to the basket. All its helping you do is run faster and jump higher. Which you need neither to play at a high level in todays NBA. There are many All star players that play underneath the rim. In bball roids could possibly help you get more rebounds but that's about it. I'm just saying

koreancabbage
05-22-2011, 09:41 PM
steroids does not have an effect on the game. Guys are bigger but it doesn't mmean they have skills. lol

or is he talking about lebron

Stuckey#3
05-22-2011, 10:27 PM
steroids does not have an effect on the game. Guys are bigger but it doesn't mmean they have skills. lol

PED's can affect more than strength. They can improve endurance, agility and speed. Look at Lance Armstrong.

Nate David+ Co.
05-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah but you have to be skilled. taking PEDs can't make u Kobe or MJ

NYKalltheway
05-22-2011, 10:36 PM

(For the people saying Lebron)

US Olympic basketball team has immunity because of nba agreements. Not 100% verified though

Jaji
05-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Wow I'm shocked. Didn't know that. But you gotta love D. Rose. Honest and naturally gifted.

ink
05-23-2011, 02:03 AM

No but it narrows the gap and that's why a lot of players are tempted to take them.

hineswardfan
05-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Well he is probably right... but do I care? Nope.

rabzouz 96
05-23-2011, 04:00 AM
But again all the things you named aren't gonna help you much if you're not skilled. Roids don't make you handle the basketball better. They're not going to let you shoot a better percentage from 3 or even free throws. They're not going to allow you to know which shooter to rotate too. They're not giving you new moves to the basket. All its helping you do is run faster and jump higher. Which you need neither to play at a high level in todays NBA. There are many All star players that play underneath the rim. In bball roids could possibly help you get more rebounds but that's about it. I'm just saying

they can make yuo train all these things much more frequently, and open up new skill sets and moves due to more explosivity and quickness. but youre right in the aspect that it doesnt matter, because theyre available to all and also consumed by a large amount, which evens out the field. and not that you think they take anything away from baseball or football, these guys need skills as their basis as much as basketball players.

idrinkpepsi
05-23-2011, 04:10 AM
Man if the problem is as huge as it sounds this league is a joke, I rather see legit athletes who don't use roids then watch the players who take drugs to become better. David Stern is an absolute joke for letting players taint the records if the issue is as big as it seems. Gosh how can anyone respect a player who cheats.

:mad:

Law25
05-23-2011, 05:56 AM
US Olympic basketball team has immunity because of nba agreements. Not 100% verified though

I remember in 08 during the olympics Kobe had to get tested after during an windmill dunk before an game. So i dont know how much the nba immunity thing is true. And for those saying Bynum need to remember two things. 1. He was over 300lbs before entering the draft and had to drop around thrity pounds before the picture was taken so the comparison is flawed. 2. If he is on roids they must be the weekest in roid history because the kid stays injured and he should get an refund.

Law25
05-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Man if the problem is as huge as it sounds this league is a joke, I rather see legit athletes who don't use roids then watch the players who take drugs to become better. David Stern is an absolute joke for letting players taint the records if the issue is as big as it seems. Gosh how can anyone respect a player who cheats.

:mad:

If its an huge problem than everyone is still on the same playing feild right. So the only one's being cheated is the past which also have their flaws like when whites didnt play with blacks, then blacks having an unfair athlectic advantage, then the start of the favorable calls age, then the than and now socalled roid age. Im just saying every age of sports has its flaws in every sport so i dont get so bent out of shape when this stuff come out and it dosent pull me from the game i love and it shouldnt pull anyone else away.

Knicks21
05-23-2011, 06:33 AM

wow.

rabzouz 96
05-23-2011, 06:50 AM
I remember in 08 during the olympics Kobe had to get tested after during an windmill dunk before an game. So i dont know how much the nba immunity thing is true. And for those saying Bynum need to remember two things. 1. He was over 300lbs before entering the draft and had to drop around thrity pounds before the picture was taken so the comparison is flawed. 2. If he is on roids they must be the weekest in roid history because the kid stays injured and he should get an refund.

1. doesnt say much, athletes usually train to an event and discontinue their medication before a some point before the phase in order to not get detected, you really think even one of those olympic sprinters is really natty lol?
2. what do steroids have to do with his injuries, they dont make him invincible, they tend to encourage certain ligament,tendon and sceletular muscle injuries, if youre naturally prone to them anyways, so it would be more of a point for them.

LOOTERX9
05-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Rose is the new Jose canseco. A traitor to his friends, And traitor to his sport. Jordan would have never said these things. Good going mr. MVP...

BALLER R
05-23-2011, 11:38 AM
im a kobe fan but sometimes i wonder if he ever takes some form of it, because he always playing through injuries. but then again hes one tough and stubborn son of a *****.

LA_Raiders
05-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Agree. Rose is the truth

Gibby23
05-23-2011, 11:45 AM

They help you recover faster. You get sore after a game and it would help if you can recover and feel fresh on a long road trip and on back to back games.

KingPosey
05-23-2011, 11:46 AM

And I saw him with a basket of kittens, he was ripping their heads off...:pity:

thawv
05-23-2011, 11:48 AM
You just know the NBA contacted him about his original statement. Why do you think he's back tracking now? Too funny!

TragicallyHip
05-23-2011, 12:01 PM

Of course he does. No one is that huge naturally.

IMO, the following guys also use:
Dwight Howard
Ben Wallace
Andre Iguodala
Rajon Rondo

Tarheels23
05-23-2011, 12:22 PM
This shouldnt be a surprise.

There are steroids in the NFL
There are steroids in the NBA
There are steroids in the MLB
There are steroids in the NCAAB and NCAAF
Hell, there are steroids in High School

Only way to eliminate this is by testing everyone every two-four weeks.

Super.
05-23-2011, 12:30 PM
God damned Nazi's inventing Steriods to win the Olympics.

Bastards getting us 60+ years in the future

Hellcrooner
05-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Rose is the new Jose canseco. A traitor to his friends, And traitor to his sport. Jordan would have never said these things. Good going mr. MVP...

i dont even want to go there bout Jordan and dope in the same post the backlash would be incredible.....:rolleyes:

anyway from the old age Karl Malone and David Robinson always looked suspicious to me, oh and this dude Chris DUDLEY

bedford1829
05-23-2011, 12:59 PM
My gym in a small corner of PA has a huge roid problem and there isn't any multiple-million dollar contracts being given out as an incentive to do the roids. My point is that is prevalent every where, in all corners of the country, through most facets of life, we should no longer find this as news. Especially in buisnesses and leagues who measure their bottom lines based on a correlation to the performance level of your athletes.