PDA

View Full Version : How does Blake Griffin’s contract work???

Ty Fast
05-22-2011, 11:44 AM
I know a rookie contract is 3 years but since he did not play his first year does that count as a year off his contract? If not then he would still be under his rookie contract 1 year from now when D12, CP3, and Deron Williams potentially hit the open market. However if a year has already come off his contract he will be a restricted free agent 1 year from now. I know everyone is saying Paul to the Knicks, but I think he is going to sign with the Clippers. Imagine him and Blake together? That would be sick.

SP17
05-22-2011, 11:49 AM
check hoopshype.com

dhopisthename
05-22-2011, 11:53 AM
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_clippers.htm
and yes even though he missed a year it still counts as salary

Ty Fast
05-22-2011, 11:57 AM
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_clippers.htm
and yes even though he missed a year it still counts as salary

thanks man. i was alway wondering about that. maybe they still could get a max guy. kaman's 12 mill comes off the books.

king4day
05-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Blake and Paul along with Gordon and Jordan would be a hell of a team.

KnicksR4Real
05-22-2011, 12:31 PM
cp3 aint a clipper next year

GeekInThePink
05-22-2011, 12:49 PM

He "aint" a Knick either.

305sportsfan
05-22-2011, 01:10 PM

...Kinda like how LeBron was going to the Knicks last Summer? :confused: Just goes to show you, you never really know what these guys are thinking.

Raph12
05-22-2011, 04:21 PM
He's restricted and the Clipps know he's worth max money so no way he goes anywhere else...

airforceones25
05-22-2011, 05:23 PM
I know a rookie contract is 3 years but since he did not play his first year does that count as a year off his contract? If not then he would still be under his rookie contract 1 year from now when D12, CP3, and Deron Williams potentially hit the open market. However if a year has already come off his contract he will be a restricted free agent 1 year from now. I know everyone is saying Paul to the Knicks, but I think he is going to sign with the Clippers. Imagine him and Blake together? That would be sick.

As much as i'd love Paul I doubt it happens. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Deron end up as a Clipper. I know his camp said he was interested in the Clips.

MrfadeawayJB
05-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Blake and Paul along with Gordon and Jordan would be a hell of a team.

:speechless:

It would but isn't Jordan about to get paid in the 8-10 mil ball park next year,,,he is a free agent right?

Giraffes Rule
05-22-2011, 06:46 PM
:speechless:

It would but isn't Jordan about to get paid in the 8-10 mil ball park next year,,,he is a free agent right?

Uh... no. 4 million tops for Deandre Jordan, and even that's generous.

richiesaurus310
05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
The clippers will have room to sign a max contract player in 2012 with the core of Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Deandre Jordan, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Eric Bledsoe. I am of the opinion that it will be Chris Paul, but Derron Williams would be great too.

I can actually see the Knicks getting impatient and trading Chaunce Billups for Tony Parker this offseason. This plus Duncan's, McDyess', and Splitter's expiring contracts would give the Spurs the cap room to sign two max contracts while re-signing Tim Duncan to a much smaller contract. And they'd still have Manu, Richard Jefferson, Bonner, Hill, and Blair. The Knicks get their third big player and the Spurs get cap flexibility to re-build on the fly. It makes too much sense to me not to happen.

Tony Parker: 17pts, 6asts, and 3 rebounds

Chris Paul: 15pts, 10asts, and 4 rebounds

JRisdabest
05-22-2011, 07:41 PM
D williams wants to be a clipper

Kyben36
05-22-2011, 07:53 PM
if his year didnt count, then he would have been a free agent, and everyone would have picked him up.

jockrider
05-22-2011, 07:59 PM
if his year didnt count, then he would have been a free agent, and everyone would have picked him up.

um no. the clippers would have a team option which they would obviously exercise.

Giraffes Rule
05-22-2011, 08:00 PM
The clippers will have room to sign a max contract player in 2012 with the core of Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Deandre Jordan, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Eric Bledsoe. I am of the opinion that it will be Chris Paul, but Derron Williams would be great too.

I can actually see the Knicks getting impatient and trading Chaunce Billups for Tony Parker this offseason. This plus Duncan's, McDyess', and Splitter's expiring contracts would give the Spurs the cap room to sign two max contracts while re-signing Tim Duncan to a much smaller contract. And they'd still have Manu, Richard Jefferson, Bonner, Hill, and Blair. The Knicks get their third big player and the Spurs get cap flexibility to re-build on the fly. It makes too much sense to me not to happen.

Tony Parker: 17pts, 6asts, and 3 rebounds

Chris Paul: 15pts, 10asts, and 4 rebounds

Parker for Billups straight up wouldn't be enough for the Spurs. Any move they make would have to immediately increase their chances of winning a title next season. Billups doesn't do that, imo.

richiesaurus310
05-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Parker for Billups straight up wouldn't be enough for the Spurs. Any move they make would have to immediately increase their chances of winning a title next season. Billups doesn't do that, imo.

Yea this year they probably wouldn't be serious title contenders with Billups, but his expiring contract would be gold for the Spurs for the 2012 free agency. They could sign 2 max contracts!! Perhaps Dwight and Derron Williams plus Manu Ginobily and Tim Duncan with a smaller contract...

D-Will4Prez
05-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Heh, if contracts skipped years due to player injuries, Greg Oden wouldn't have been paid a cent yet...

Giraffes Rule
05-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Yea this year they probably wouldn't be serious title contenders with Billups, but his expiring contract would be gold for the Spurs for the 2012 free agency. They could sign 2 max contracts!! Perhaps Dwight and Derron Williams plus Manu Ginobily and Tim Duncan with a smaller contract...

I don't think they'll have that much cap space. Maybe room for 1 max contract, but it'd be hard to attract a guy like that when the main talents around them are about to retire. Depends on what the cap is then, but they have ~37 million committed to seven players already that season (without Parker).

That's all assuming Duncan will even want to keep playing after 2012, and that he'll still be effective. By that time, I don't see him as a starter.

buch88
05-23-2011, 01:03 PM
It says "you're going to win dunk contests before they even start because they're rigged."