PDA

View Full Version : Bosh and Stat...

Pages : [1] 2

ajnapoleon
05-21-2011, 09:55 PM
If bosh is so soft .....why did he avg more rebounds than amare?...just had this convo...

phantasyyy
05-21-2011, 10:02 PM
cuz amare uses his energy on the offensive end more LOL.

DrDre94
05-21-2011, 10:04 PM
^^^ What the above said.

Rebounding doesn't necessarily make you soft.

On another note, Amar'e wasn't ever taught the proper way to rebound coming straight out of HS.

Other than that stat, Amar'e is BETTER than Bosh.

Bosh isn't as soft as he was before, but is still soft.

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:05 PM
If bosh is so soft .....why did he avg more rebounds than amare?...just had this convo...

i think Bosh is more well rounded. Amare is an offensive cog and wants to run out asap. doesn't help with the defensive boards.

you can't count on him to be there defensively. Even both suck in defensive schemes, Amare sucks more cuz he doesn't help with the defensive rebounding. (which is part of defense too) and thats why what Bosh gives up on offense, he gives in defensive rebounding (i.e. more defense)

ajnapoleon
05-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Dont get me wrong i am a knicks fan...brooklyn born and raised....but for the life of me i cant understand why amare is not one of the top three rebounders in the game....

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:07 PM
^^^ What the above said.

Plus, Amar'e wasn't ever taught the proper way to rebound coming straight out of HS.

Other than that, Amar'e is BETTER than Bosh.

He isn't as soft as he was before, but is still soft.

no proof that he is better. Its still the most overrated statement in PSD. you can't count on both to win anything.

everyone is just starstruck with his dunks.

hugepatsfan
05-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Bosh>Amare

phantasyyy
05-21-2011, 10:10 PM
lmao just think of the question like this. would you rather have bosh or amare on your team? a shooting big-man or a P&R mystro

TylerSL
Bosh>Amare

this, Amare is just better on offense, Bosh is more well-rounded.

koreancabbage
Dont get me wrong i am a knicks fan...brooklyn born and raised....but for the life of me i cant understand why amare is not one of the top three rebounders in the game....

i
lol i don't know what this has to do with anything about Amare being an average rebounder.

Fnom11
05-21-2011, 10:11 PM
^^^ What the above said.

On another note, Amar'e wasn't ever taught the proper way to rebound coming straight out of HS.

No, sorry.

Catfish1314
05-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Because Bosh is a better rebounder. He's still soft.

jrm2054
05-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Amare i better on offense defensive, and blocking. Rebounding Bosh can have. Amare is better all around.

footballer2369
05-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Amare<Bosh

sep11ie
05-21-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm about to start an "I hate that noobs can start threads" group. Apply if interested.

DQL
05-21-2011, 10:18 PM
actually Bosh is a pretty good PnR defender and an average defender overall, but i guess his no-D tag followed him to Miami

TylerSL
05-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Amare averaged 25.3 points on on 19.0 shots per game. Bosh averaged 18.7 points on 13.7 shots. Amare scored more points than Bosh because he averaged 5.3 more shots. If Bosh would have averaged 25.9 points per game if he shot the ball 19 times/game. Bosh is also better if you look at advanced stats. Amare has the edge in PER, eFG%, and BLK%. Bosh has the edge in TS%, TRB%, TOV%, USG%, ORtg, DRtg, OWS, DWS, and Total WS. Bosh is also less injury prone.

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Amare i better on offense defensive, and blocking. Rebounding Bosh can have. Amare is better all around.

he's only had 2-3 seasons where he's gona crazy on blocks. Its not really a sign that he is a better shot blocker by a far margin at all. Bosh avg. 1.1. Amare avg 1.5. sorry but Bosh is a better passer. Defensively, Amare, he's not there! he has the athletic ability to get blocks but he doesn't have the mind set to get rebounds, which is a sign of defensive lapses as well. blocks shots is the tell-tale sign of being a better defensive player if he's giving up the rebounds on defense! Phoenix was not known for their defense b/c of Stoudemire- who's athletic ability should make him all-round player- but he's not!
If Bosh had the same touches and min this year as Amare, Bosh would be averaging the same or BETTER numbers.

amare is not better all round. i'm not saying Bosh is better, but Amare is NOT better or better all-round.

justinnum1
05-21-2011, 10:22 PM
lmao just think of the question like this. would you rather have bosh or amare on your team? a shooting big-man or a P&R mystro

Bosh hands down. There is a thing called defense, amare is terrible at it, bosh is good.

jockrider
05-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Amare averaged 25.3 points on on 19.0 shots per game. Bosh averaged 18.7 points on 13.7 shots. Amare scored more points than Bosh because he averaged 5.3 more shots. If Bosh would have averaged 25.9 points per game if he shot the ball 19 times/game. Bosh is also better if you look at advanced stats. Amare has the edge in PER, eFG%, and BLK%. Bosh has the edge in TS%, TRB%, TOV%, USG%, ORtg, DRtg, OWS, DWS, and Total WS. Bosh is also less injury prone.

does amare play with wade and lebron?

Bulls_fan90
05-21-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm about to start an "I hate that noobs can start threads" group. Apply if interested.

Sign me up.

jockrider
Bosh hands down. There is a thing called defense, amare is terrible at it, bosh is good.

lol good one.

koreancabbage
Bosh hands down. There is a thing called defense, amare is terrible at it, bosh is decent.

good is too strong of a word for Bosh when it comes to defense. but you have to give him credit for being on one of the best defensive teams this year.

can't say that about Amare on any team that he is on.

SeoulBeatz
05-21-2011, 10:26 PM

if you watch both play, its pretty easy to tell.

Amare's intensity is real, and it shows in the way he attacks on offense.

Neither is good on d.

When I watch Bosh, I always think to myself "this guy is a soft 3 stuck in a 4's body".

When Bosh yells and "flexes" it looks incredibly forced to me.

Don't get mad though Heat fans, when Wade yells, I can feel the intensity lol. But bosh is soft and he plays soft. He's stepping it up in the playoffs because he heard the criticism, but a true beast would have been playing this way the whole season.

I dunno, the difference is obvious when you watch both play.

allSUAVE
05-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I Wouldn't trade Amare for bosh if he broke two of his legs season opener

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Did amare want to play with wade and lebron?

he wanted to the be man, then he goes and recruits Melo. lol what a loser.

"Amare is better than Bosh" is one of the most OVERRATED statements in PSD. there is no serious proof that he is better. i'm not even saying Bosh is better but Amare is not better by any standards.

Amare's flashy + authoritative dunks and Bosh's silky smooth jump shots still equal 2 points last time i checked.

justinnum1
05-21-2011, 10:29 PM

Neither is good on d.

When I watch Bosh, I always think to myself "this guy is a soft 3 stuck in a 4's body".

I'm a 5'7 asian and I have bigger arms than Bosh, nuff said, he shouldnt be flexing.

Don't get mad though Heat fans, when Wade yells, I can feel the intensity lol. But bosh is soft and he plays soft. He's stepping it up in the playoffs because he heard the criticism, but a true beast would have been playing this way the whole season.

Whose getting mad? We are comparing our 3rd option to your first option and they are about a wash...

Cano4prez
05-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Because he's a better rebounder than Stoudemire, and also the better player. Honestly being soft doesn't mean anything, Dirk is hands down the best PF yet is labeled soft and Gasol is the 2nd best PF and is labeled soft

HouRealCoach
05-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Bosh is better but he is just alot skinnier than Amare I guess

justinnum1
05-21-2011, 10:32 PM
26 year old bosh who can play defense or 29 year old stat who has had multiple knee surgerys...that was a tough choice for riley:rolleyes:

DoJoTheSlasher
05-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Who else is gonna rebound besides LeBron?

allSUAVE
Whose getting mad? We are comparing our 3rd option to your first option and they are about a wash...

Pretty soon he'll be your 2nd option when Wade '30' decline

jockrider
he wanted to the be man, then he goes and recruits Melo. lol what a loser.

"Amare is better than Bosh" is one of the most OVERRATED statements in PSD. there is no serious proof that he is better. i'm not even saying Bosh is better but Amare is not better by any standards.

Amare's flashy + authoritative dunks and Bosh's silky smooth jump shots still equal 2 points last time i checked.

he wanted the money first and foremost wasn't getting the full deal in mia... he even said he would consider miami if they asked him and he said he wanted to be in the discussions when they had their free agent summit in the summer. obviously lbj/wade wanted bosh.

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:34 PM

Neither is good on d.

Bosh is on one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. People just remember that Bosh played for the Raptors, who were one of the worse defensive teams in the NBA. that tag still follows him. Like everyone said before, he's a better PnR defender than Amare. Amare's defense is worst than Bosh, Fact: Bosh rebounds better and its not even offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds - last time i checked Amare sucks in that.

you can't use the excuse that he uses alll his energy on the offensive end and gives up defensive rebounds cuz there are PLENTY to get. Its not like the Knicks or the Suns had great rebounding centers. If Amare can't get rebounds, it means he's not focused or playing defense in the first place.

kjoke
05-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Also, Amare's rebound totals are elevated because they have no real C in NYC

jockrider
05-21-2011, 10:35 PM
bosh was said he was scared in game 3 of the playoffs scared of what? i think we know who's more soft.

jockrider
05-21-2011, 10:37 PM

yes. because miami has multiple real C's .

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:39 PM
he wanted the money first and foremost wasn't getting the full deal in mia... he even said he would consider miami if they asked him and he said he wanted to be in the discussions when they had their free agent summit in the summer. obviously lbj/wade wanted bosh.

well maybe thats the problem with Amare. Amare should know he's going to get his but this is not the day and age, being the mam means you're sitting on an island.

kjoke
05-21-2011, 10:39 PM
yes. because miami has multiple real C's .

Yeah, i want to make clear that miami has lebron and wade, who are both excellent rebounders at their postions

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:42 PM

okay, not really. Amare is maxed out at 8 rpg. not really elevated, he's just a bad defensive player (and when i say that, it also means defensive rebounding)

jockrider
05-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah, i want to make clear that miami has lebron and wade, who are both excellent rebounders at their postions

fields and mello are excellent rebounders for their position. and wilson chandler earlier in the season.

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:45 PM
fields and mello are excellent rebounders for their position. and wilson chandler earlier in the season.

indeed they are. doesn't really help amare's case though

jockrider
05-21-2011, 10:45 PM
well maybe thats the problem with Amare. Amare should know he's going to get his but this is not the day and age, being the mam means you're sitting on an island.

that isn't the only thing miami obviously preferred bosh more and chi took boozer like on the first day of FA. phx also didn't want him. where else is he suppose to go? he also said when he was signed that he liked ny because they can surround him with great players.

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:46 PM
that isn't the only thing miami obviously preferred bosh more and chi took boozer like on the first day of FA. phx also didn't want him. where else is he suppose to go? he also said when he was signed that he liked ny because they can surround him with great players.

but they won't lol. Its Chris Paul or BUST!

hugepatsfan
05-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Bosh was a better #1 option for TOR in 09-10 than Amare was for NY in 10-11. Bosh is quite clearly the better player. Amare's #s are better this year because of volume (counting stats) and Bosh adjusting from go to guy to #3 option. (And no, that has nothing to do w/ him as a player. He just so happens to be teamates w/ the 1 and 2 players in the NBA right now). Look for his adanced stats to jump next year as he settles into his role.

Before I said Bosh>Amare - I mispoke. Bosh>>Amare.

jockrider
05-21-2011, 10:49 PM
but they won't lol. Its Chris Paul or BUST!

mello is a great player. with that said bosh was the one who said he's a center piece not a addition he probably got peer pressured by lbj to join mia.

Shark
I want to know why Bosh even has a topic about him. He is not good, his stats are inflated, when he was in Toronto, his stats were inflated cuz everyone sucks(I am Toronto fan, so I will be the first to admit our team sucked) and now he is in Miami where we saw his stats decline but they are still inflated because teams have 2 on wade, 2 on lebron, and 1 guy in the middle of both leaving Bosh open to get his offensive stats. As far as the question about rebounds.. Umm Bosh had 8.3 Rebounds per game, 6.5 were defensive rebounds per game, Amare 8.2 Rebounds per game, 5.7 were defensive rebounds. Amare is a better offensive rebounder and Bosh is a slightly better defensive rebounder. this topic is pointless.

allSUAVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxPPoXUvDX8&feature=related

:laugh:

do i have to explain why he's soft despite him being a better rebounder than Amare

Cano4prez
05-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Bosh was a better #1 option for TOR in 09-10 than Amare was for NY in 10-11. Bosh is quite clearly the better player. Amare's #s are better this year because of volume (counting stats) and Bosh adjusting from go to guy to #3 option. (And no, that has nothing to do w/ him as a player. He just so happens to be teamates w/ the 1 and 2 players in the NBA right now). Look for his adanced stats to jump next year as he settles into his role.

:clap:

jockrider
05-21-2011, 10:54 PM

ny had a lot of young players and they were at pace to end with about 40 wins just like toronto.

coming from a raptors fan bosh wasn't a better first option, he wasn't a leader at all. he milked his ankle injury and when he did comeback he played sooooooo sheeeeeitiit then gets his nose bust.

TylerSL
05-21-2011, 10:54 PM
does amare play with wade and lebron?

no but he did play with Nash for years when Bosh had nobody. He plays with Melo and Billups now..... Nice try..

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:57 PM
I want to know why Bosh even has a topic about him. He is not good, his stats are inflated, when he was in Toronto, his stats were inflated cuz everyone sucks(I am Toronto fan, so I will be the first to admit our team sucked) and now he is in Miami where we saw his stats decline but they are still inflated because teams have 2 on wade, 2 on lebron, and 1 guy in the middle of both leaving Bosh open to get his offensive stats. As far as the question about rebounds.. Umm Bosh had 8.3 Rebounds per game, 6.5 were defensive rebounds per game, Amare 8.2 Rebounds per game, 5.7 were defensive rebounds. Amare is a better offensive rebounder and Bosh is a slightly better defensive rebounder. this topic is pointless.

that's what i've been trying to say the whole time. Amare is not better than Bosh. and bosh is not better than Amare. however i would like to make a point.

his stats are not inflated if he's doing the same thing but with better percentages. on a team by himself. he's 24-11 GUARANTEED.

you can't his stats are inflated in Toronto and then say his stats are inflated in Miami...........

allSUAVE
05-21-2011, 10:57 PM
no but he did play with Nash for years when Bosh had nobody. He plays with Melo and Billups now..... Nice try..

is Melo and old man Billups Wade and Lebron NOPE.

Look how good Amare made Raymond Felton this year, Careers numbers all around

jockrider
05-21-2011, 10:58 PM

yea because mello/billups=lbj/wade or even close right? its funny when you guys are winning you defend bosh but when you guys lose bosh is the first scapegoat next to spo.

allSUAVE
05-21-2011, 10:58 PM
and im done this kid ''roygconner'' is a bandwagon fan and proud of it

what a joke lol

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 10:59 PM
mello is a great player. with that said bosh was the one who said he's a center piece not a addition he probably got peer pressured by lbj to join mia.

yea but he's not Chris Paul. Melo doesn't mesh with Amare as much as a team with Paul and Stoudemire. the whole league knows it.

jockrider
05-21-2011, 11:00 PM
that's what i've been trying to say the whole time. Amare is not better than Bosh. and bosh is not better than Amare. however i would like to make a point.

his stats are not inflated if he's doing the same thing but with better percentages. on a team by himself. he's 24-11 GUARANTEED.

you can't his stats are inflated in Toronto and then say his stats are inflated in Miami...........

he's obviously not as good as he was last year after adding the muscle. course of the season he lost it and it looks like he didn't do a damn thing this summer other than sit around his all-white house in south beach.

TylerSL
05-21-2011, 11:01 PM
is Melo and old man Billups Wade and Lebron NOPE.

Look how good Amare made Raymond Felton this year, Careers numbers all around

LOL is Jose Calderon Steve Nash? NOPE!! That was Bosh's PG, while Amare had Nash...

All I was implying was Billups and Melo are good, its not like Amare is playing with crap here. If NY fans really thought that way, they wouldnt be as excited for their team as they are....

jockrider
05-21-2011, 11:03 PM
LOL is Jose Calderon Steve Nash? NOPE!! That was Bosh's PG, while Amare had Nash...

All I was implying was Billups and Melo are good, its not like Amare is playing with crap here. If NY fans really thought that way, they wouldnt be as excited for their team as they are....

obviously amare proved he didn't need nash to be good.

TylerSL
05-21-2011, 11:04 PM
yea because mello/billups=lbj/wade or even close right? its funny when you guys are winning you defend bosh but when you guys lose bosh is the first scapegoat next to spo.

no Billups/Melo is not LBJ/Wade, but Jose Calderon is not Steve Nash. Calderon was Bosh's PG while Amare had Nash for years.... All I meant by Amare plays with Billups and Melo is he plays with very good talent still... BTW I love coach Spo, he is a badass.

TylerSL
05-21-2011, 11:05 PM
obviously amare proved he didn't need nash to be good.

yea, but Bosh proved to be more efficient as a #3 player than Amare did being a #1....

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 11:06 PM
he's obviously not as good as he was last year after adding the muscle. course of the season he lost it and it looks like he didn't do a damn thing this summer other than sit around his all-white house in south beach.

yea, i don't know where all that "muscle" went lol

probably made him more agile without the bulk.

he got paid big time AND he gets to play with some of his good friends. I would sit around and wait for the preseason to start (that's when he got back into shape) lol

though i have to give him a :facepalm: for the crygate incident. come on man. You don't have to cry and demand the ball. He did go crazy after that interview though.

jockrider
05-21-2011, 11:10 PM
yea, but Bosh proved to be more efficient as a #3 player than Amare did being a #1....

what? obviously you will be more efficient as a 3rd option playing with wade/lbj. if amare was a 3rd option on miami he would be more efficient since he gets his points in the paint with most of his shots being open.

Rego247
05-21-2011, 11:13 PM
amare > rupaul.

roshan3ai
05-21-2011, 11:13 PM

Fields was the leading rebounder for guards in the NBA this year and that Melo average the same amount of boards as Lebron this year....

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 11:14 PM
what? obviously you will be more efficient as a 3rd option playing with wade/lbj. if amare was a 3rd option on miami he would be more efficient since he gets his points in the paint with most of his shots being open.

well i would hope so lol BUT amare wouldn't like it being the third wheel. Even though Bosh he was a centerpiece he knows deep down he's not.

He's a great piece to any team (both of them) but like you said being 2-3 years younger and less injured, Bosh can grow into that 3rd role while Amare knows he wants the ball in his hand all the time.

Chronz
05-21-2011, 11:15 PM

Yes but last year was a different bosh, the rest of his career is more in line with his current state.

TylerSL
05-21-2011, 11:19 PM

All Amare's shots are are dunks/layups. His offense is generated mostly through pick and rolls. He should much more efficient than he is....

TylerSL
05-21-2011, 11:20 PM
amare > rupaul.

old raptors fans ...

jockrider
05-21-2011, 11:22 PM
well i would hope so lol BUT amare wouldn't like it being the third wheel. Even though Bosh he was a centerpiece he knows deep down he's not.

He's a great piece to any team (both of them) but like you said being 2-3 years younger and less injured, Bosh can grow into that 3rd role while Amare knows he wants the ball in his hand all the time.

first amare probably believes hes better than wade lol. and amare already said he wanted to be in the get together lebron/wade were having in the summer so obviously he wasn't opposed to it.

Im friends with LeBron, Dwyane, Chris [Bosh] all those guys are friends of mine, Stoudemire said. So Im pretty sure theyll call me and well talk about a few things.

amare in the summer.

Rego247
05-21-2011, 11:22 PM
old raptors fans ...

oh fickle heat fans. are we defending him now? or ready to trade him?

the opinion changes game by game. i never know. :shrug:

jockrider
05-21-2011, 11:23 PM
old raptors fans ...

new heat fans....

Rego247
05-21-2011, 11:24 PM
new heat fans....

jockrider
05-21-2011, 11:25 PM
All Amare's shots are are dunks/layups. His offense is generated mostly through pick and rolls. He should much more efficient than he is....

you obviously haven't been watching amare this year he has to create his own offense. with steve nash he was avg 25 pts on 60% shooting he doesn't have that anymore so he has to create for himself.

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 11:29 PM
first amare probably believes hes better than wade lol. and amare already said he wanted to be in the get together lebron/wade were having in the summer so obviously he wasn't opposed to it.

Im friends with LeBron, Dwyane, Chris all those guys are friends of mine, Stoudemire said. [B]So Im pretty sure theyll call me and well talk about a few things.

amare in the summer.

he just signed with NYK without a blink of an eye lol and he obviously didn't get the call lol

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 11:30 PM
oh fickle heat fans. are we defending him now? or ready to trade him?

the opinion changes game by game. i never know. :shrug:

no keep Bosh, just give him more touches. the Heat are almost an unstoppable team if Bosh gets going. Assuming that Wade and/or Lebron show up unlike what they did in game 1 vs the Bulls.

MELO7NYK/DENfan
05-21-2011, 11:35 PM

How is Amare number one option?

jockrider
05-21-2011, 11:40 PM
he just signed with NYK without a blink of an eye lol and he obviously didn't get the call lol

they would obviously need to contact him before FA lol you actually think these players follow the rules and start talking to each other at july 1st. they obviously didn't reach out to him.

GSRaider
05-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Charles Oakley = Hard

Stat & Bosh = Soft

Knicks21
05-21-2011, 11:49 PM

It doesnt take a genius to work out this statement is false. Amare has a mid range and he sure as hell uses it.

TheHighLife
05-21-2011, 11:49 PM
How many more did he average? .01?

MELO7NYK/DENfan
05-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Bosh might be the better rebounder but hes not a better player

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2011, 11:57 PM

because Amare is soft too?

Look, P!$$ might not smell as bad as $#!T, but that doesnt mean either one of them smells good.

PrettyBoyJ
05-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Amare plays for Dantoni, Defense and rebounding are not part of the teams concerns.. Rebounding doesnt make you tough or soft.. and I'm a big Amare fan I just think the guy is Lazy and only care about offense..

JasonJohnHorn
05-22-2011, 12:01 AM
It doesnt take a genius to work out this statement is false. Amare has a mid range and he sure as hell uses it.

Ahmen. Anybody who thinks all Amare does is dunks and lay-ups has not watched this guy play. He has one of the most diverse offensive games among PFs and Cs. The guy can drop in to the post and work the pivot, he can move without the ball and cut to the basket, he can hit spot up jumpers and he can face-up, put the ball on the floor and create his own shots.

Outside of a 3PT shot, there is nothing missing in Amare's offensive game.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2011, 12:05 AM
well bosh is better than amare

ne3xchamps
05-22-2011, 12:15 AM

I never understood that either. Stat is a beast and should have a **** load more boards then he does.

MELO7NYK/DENfan
05-22-2011, 12:15 AM

Pretty sure he didn't take is team to the western conference finals.

PrettyBoyJ
05-22-2011, 12:16 AM

What:confused: Amare was more efficient then Bosh.. and he gets more touches and more FG Att. Amare's one of the most efficient players in the league.. Bosh not so much..

Duddy
05-22-2011, 12:20 AM
What's the point of this thread? U guys been arguing as if it would make whichever wins the argument (won't happen though), the better one.

ne3xchamps
05-22-2011, 12:24 AM
bosh was said he was scared in game 3 of the playoffs scared of what? i think we know who's more soft.

yeah I don't know how you could be more soft about being scared of the noise the celtics fans were making. I was laughing for a day on that one. Case closed. End thread.

ne3xchamps
05-22-2011, 12:25 AM

where do I apply?

John Walls Era
05-22-2011, 12:28 AM
:sigh: Lets just all play nicely...

nickdymez
05-22-2011, 12:38 AM
this, Amare is just better on offense, Bosh is more well-rounded.

Thanks for your input heat fan, but your answer is predictable..

Stat&Meloallday
05-22-2011, 12:41 AM
Put it this way if miami had amare right now instead of bosh, they would deff win it all this year.....but with bosh i see them coming up a little short.

THANK GOD the knicks got amare instead of bosh!!!

AnalyzeNShoot
05-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Bosh avg more rebound cuz other team post player are too focused on lbj and wade in doubling them, so he get wide open rebounds. (call me a hater but its true)

allSUAVE
05-22-2011, 01:15 AM

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2011, 01:28 AM

http://bkref.com/tiny/0MFlT

Looks like Stats better!

hgtiger32
05-22-2011, 01:46 AM
as much as i like amare and don't like bosh. bosh is the better player now and for the future

allSUAVE
05-22-2011, 01:48 AM

Looks like Stats better!

Never reply back to that clown he's a Knick hater. So his opinion shouldn't matter

naps
05-22-2011, 02:04 AM
^^^ What the above said.

How exactly? I want to see the explanation here. NOBODY wanted Amare before Bosh during the free agency. Amare was the consolation prize after getting rejected by LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. Your claim is not supported by your your team and other nba teams that were on the FA hunt. He hasn't done anything significantly better than Bosh to be considered BETTER than Bosh.

Shortys4711
05-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Amare over Bosh any day. If you think other wise your just straight out crazy.

MalZee24
05-22-2011, 03:05 AM
Bosh is a better all-around player than Stoudemire

John Walls Era
05-22-2011, 03:20 AM

At least he played against the Celtics... o wait sorry Amare had "back spasms".

Kashmir13579
05-22-2011, 03:26 AM
trolls.

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2011, 03:36 AM

:facepalm: At least he wasn't scared to play the celtics oh wait sorry bosh was...

Knicks21
05-22-2011, 03:49 AM
How exactly? I want to see the explanation here. NOBODY wanted Amare before Bosh during the free agency. Amare was the consolation prize after getting rejected by LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. Your claim is not supported by your your team and other nba teams that were on the FA hunt. He hasn't done anything significantly better than Bosh to be considered BETTER than Bosh.

How is that relevant? Living in the past. Lets continue to use Bosh's stats last year to compare with amare this year. People were afraid of Amare because they did not know how it would go w/o nash.

Raph12
05-22-2011, 03:58 AM

Can I apply to be the CEO?...

Quietmoney
05-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Bosh is weak and overrated! Amare would destroy him! Amare came out and said it publicly too! Amare is just more dominant period! He has to be accounted for on the court, meanwhile it doesn't matter what Bosh does. They single cover Bosh and he still be having off games, you single cover Amare and he will kill you! This thread needs to be closed. It's stupid, Bosh isn't close to Amare's status regardless how close the numbers are. It ain't close.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Pretty sure he didn't take is team to the western conference finals.

Amare did?:confused:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2011, 04:12 AM

Looks like Stats better!

lol, looks like Bosh is better.

Quietmoney
05-22-2011, 04:31 AM
How do you go 1-18 playing alongside of d-wade and Lebron?? Please people, Bosh is an ok player but he's only that. Amare would foul him out and dunk on him in the process!

naps
05-22-2011, 05:04 AM
How is that relevant? Living in the past. Lets continue to use Bosh's stats last year to compare with amare this year. People were afraid of Amare because they did not know how it would go w/o nash.

Oh please...Mike D'Antonie...Shawn Marion...oh wait...

It's not about talking the past. Mike D'Antonie system's stats don't mean much. They are all inflated. How is Raymond Felton doing in Denver in compare to the first half of the season? You seriously think the team's FO don't understand who's better? Do you not think there is a reason why all the teams had Bosh as the preferred choice over every other power forward including Amare? You are a fool if you think your basketball knowledge is greater than LeBron's, Wade's, Riley's Donnie Walsh's, Paxon's, Prokhorov's etc etc.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2011, 05:07 AM
How do you go 1-18 playing alongside of d-wade and Lebron?? Please people, Bosh is an ok player but he's only that. Amare would foul him out and dunk on him in the process!

lol 1 game:laugh2:

omdigga
05-22-2011, 06:58 AM
im happy with amare.. i think he fits in nyc better than bosh would.. on and off the court..

bosh is just annoying to look at.. i thought it was ok when he was with the raptors cause he looks a little like a dinosaur.. he's also annoying to listen too...

this is a hate filled, biased message.... thank you for understanding..

jzero
05-22-2011, 07:19 AM

get over yourself

jzero
05-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Bosh is weak and overrated! Amare would destroy him! Amare came out and said it publicly too! Amare is just more dominant period! He has to be accounted for on the court, meanwhile it doesn't matter what Bosh does. They single cover Bosh and he still be having off games, you single cover Amare and he will kill you! This thread needs to be closed. It's stupid, Bosh isn't close to Amare's status regardless how close the numbers are. It ain't close.

how do you know he isn't if you don't have the numbers to prove it
and please
why do you think teams have trouble covering all three miami players?
coz they have to double team someone and bosh gets his fair share
when the knicks WIN a playoff game then u can talk

tromo9
05-22-2011, 08:39 AM
AMARE>bosh

quade36
05-22-2011, 08:49 AM
can this thread be in the running for worst thread of the year award at the end of the year. There are only a handful of threads that could possibly be more ridiculous.

jzero
05-22-2011, 08:49 AM

when has that happened?
when?

Underrated Wade
05-22-2011, 10:03 AM
People need to stop criticizing bosh. He is a very important player to the heat and has contributed immensely. He is not soft its just his style of play to shoot jumpshots. Then i can say dirk is super soft and that magic was soft beacause he was 6'9 and didnt post up. I dont think there is a reason to compare bosh and stat. Both are great players.

TylerSL
05-22-2011, 10:04 AM
What:confused: Amare was more efficient then Bosh.. and he gets more touches and more FG Att. Amare's one of the most efficient players in the league.. Bosh not so much..

..... Between the two, Amare only led in PER, eFG%, and BLK%. Bosh led in TS%, TRB%, TOV%, USG%, ORtg, DRtg, OWS, DWS, TWS, and WS/48 min..... Overall, I would say Bosh was more efficient..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2011, 10:09 AM
..... Between the two, Amare only led in PER, eFG%, and BLK%. Bosh led in TS%, TRB%, TOV%, USG%, ORtg, DRtg, OWS, DWS, TWS, and WS/48 min..... Overall, I would say Bosh was more efficient..

:nod:

jockrider
05-22-2011, 10:12 AM
lol 1 game:laugh2:

come one man i agree with almost everything you say i remember the thread in your sig durant vs mello. we usually have the same opinion. but bosh is not better than amare. bosh is an allstar but it has come to point this season and playoffs where people are happy he just makes a simple layups and not get intimidated

jockrider
05-22-2011, 10:29 AM
:nod:

look at amare when he played with nash he avg 25ppg on 60% shooting!! if he had both wade/lebron his efficiency would skyrocket. dantonis offense is just to chuck shots try to get a lot of shots off its even harder when he doesn't have someone to take attention away from himself.. also you can't say amare wouldn't put up better numbers than bosh if he played in miami.

heres a bosh bash thread from a couple weeks ago btw you guys change your opinion on bosh so much.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617798

AllOut305
05-22-2011, 10:31 AM
come one man i agree with almost everything you say i remember the thread in your sig durant vs mello. we usually have the same opinion. but bosh is not better than amare. bosh is an allstar but it has come to point this season and playoffs where people are happy he just makes a simple layups and not get intimidated

I usually just read these pointless rebuttles and never post but when something this stupid is written i feel the need to say something. .. " Simple layups and not get intmidated" ? How about the offensive rebound he put up and in boxing out Jermaine O'neal to close out the boston series? The man is a 3rd option averaging 19/8ish. He is a great player.. just not a star to most people's standards because he doesn't dunk on people. He has a great tempermant.. no ego and shows up when he needs too. Amare's metro *** would be crying if he didn't get the shots he felt he deserved playing with Bron/Wade.. Bosh would post better numbers on the knicks.

JARVIS123
05-22-2011, 10:32 AM
cause all amare care about is scoring.stats.that's why him and melo is not going to work.to play with a big three you have to be willing to do other things to help your team win.2 selfish iso players are going to have a hard time playing together.

jockrider
05-22-2011, 10:41 AM
I usually just read these pointless rebuttles and never post but when something this stupid is written i feel the need to say something. .. " Simple layups and not get intmidated" ? How about the offensive rebound he put up and in boxing out Jermaine O'neal to close out the boston series? The man is a 3rd option averaging 19/8ish. He is a great player.. just not a star to most people's standards because he doesn't dunk on people. He has a great tempermant.. no ego and shows up when he needs too. Amare's metro *** would be crying if he didn't get the shots he felt he deserved playing with Bron/Wade.. Bosh would post better numbers on the knicks.

bosh has no ego? "i want to be a centerpiece" does that ring a bell? its obvious this guy overrates himself. and bosh wouldn't put up better numbers on the knicks your calling my post stupid this is just plain dumb.

bosh put up 27 and 12 in the beginning of the season for toronto when he added muscle. because of his frame he couldn't hold all of it. when he lost it the real bosh showed up which is about 21 and 10. which isn't bad but amare would put up better numbers.

jockrider
05-22-2011, 10:44 AM
cause all amare care about is scoring.stats.that's why him and melo is not going to work.to play with a big three you have to be willing to do other things to help your team win.2 selfish iso players are going to have a hard time playing together.

did you watch amare in pho? he can play off the ball and do it well. he didn't have anyone to create for him in NY what is he suppose to do? he had to be aggressive and score for his team because he was the #1 option. bosh on toronto was a selfish iso player awell.

Slimsim
05-22-2011, 11:02 AM

:facepalm: Troll

KnicksR4Real
05-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Amare is better

NYMETS2889
05-22-2011, 11:24 AM
because amare (until the melo trade) was the only guy on the knicks he proved he could turn a team around and make them contenders bosh couldnt do it with the raptors, and he cant even play like a star being the least guarded on his team

meloman1592
05-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Amare's impact on a game is far more noticable than bosh's. Therefore i'd take STAT

Cano4prez
05-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Amare's impact on a game is far more noticable than bosh's. Therefore i'd take STAT

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=boshch01&y1=2011&p2=stoudam01&y2=2011

Bosh's WS/48: .177
Amare's WS/48: .134

Highlight dunks doesn't make you a better player

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2011, 12:07 PM
lol, looks like Bosh is better.

:eyebrow: Truth hurts right....Amare wins and the numbers prove it sorry Lmao

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2011, 12:15 PM
how do you know he isn't if you don't have the numbers to prove it
and please
why do you think teams have trouble covering all three miami players?
coz they have to double team someone and bosh gets his fair share
when the knicks WIN a playoff game then u can talk

Cano4prez
05-22-2011, 12:21 PM

Shows Bosh is better

NYK|NYY
05-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Eye test tells you Amar'e and stats say Bosh. In NY I rather take the player that won't shrink from the spotlight and is a leader.

king4day
05-22-2011, 12:29 PM

Welcome to the life of a Suns fan :)

BkOriginalOne
05-22-2011, 12:39 PM
If you switch Amare and Bosh, then the Heat are a real team.
Bosh is overrated.

Sly Guy
05-22-2011, 01:07 PM
no proof that he is better. Its still the most overrated statement in PSD. you can't count on both to win anything.

everyone is just starstruck with his dunks.

lol, yup. Unless a player can propel themselves 35" into the air, then he's either soft or crap, or some combination on the two.

NYsFinest
05-22-2011, 01:10 PM
I can tell you why Amar'e doesnt have a lot of rebounds, he doesn't know how to properly box out and doesn't hustle for many lose balls. He picks up tough rebounds in traffic but a lot of the simple ones get away from him. Can't believe D Antoni never made it a priority to teach this guy how to position himself in the paint for rebounds.

BaddNewz
05-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Since when was defense more coveted than offence ability...amare isn't the best all round pf in the league but he is dominating and that trumps bosh and his rebounding

Giants88
05-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Heat fans trying to say Bosh is better then Amare :facepalm:

It doesn't matter how much I try to argue and prove you wrong because as always Miami fans are coming on here and being complete *****. It always seems like its the Miami fans that are starting these controversal nba forums.

But honestly in my opinion is that Amare is a better player. Both suck on defense and rebounding but Amare is not only the better player but the bigger person. He took a horrible Knicks team and lead them to the playoffs. Yes they were well on there way there with out Melo. Amare is a born leader and a vicious player, something I don't see in Bosh at all.

Lets also keep in mind that Lebron and Wade make the game very easy for Bosh. Bosh's shots really aren't contested and his left open a lot.

Amare mean while is always getting defensive pressure on him a lot more then Bosh.

But again no matter how much I try to argue it won't matter. The fact of the manner is if your a true NBA fan and know the game in and out then it's fairly obvious that Amare is better.

NYsFinest
05-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Plus rebounding is one of the most overrated stats ever... all that matters is team rebounding when the player is on the floor.

Giants88
05-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Shows Bosh is better

How do you figure lol?

Amare dominates in just about every category except for defensive rebounding. Lets all keep in mind that Amare played a lot of time at center.

Giants88
05-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Shows Bosh is better

How Amare dominates in just about every category against for defensive rebounding..

Crackadalic
05-22-2011, 01:28 PM
So how did we go from whos soft to whos the better player? Their both two completely different things. If people want to say Bosh is a better all around player then find but to say he is tougher then Amare is crazy. Didn't Bosh get overwhelmed in game 3 of the Boston series? Amare would never say that since hes been in multiple WCF and been in the playoffs every year

Defense does not = soft at times. Pau Gasol is a better defender then both but people still say he's soft as hell especially in that dallas series.

Giants88
05-22-2011, 01:30 PM
It's really really funny how all the Miami fans ***** and cry about defending a player.

99 percent of the time these forums are made by Heat fans...

Your just looking for arguments and drama

justinnum1
05-22-2011, 01:30 PM
So how did we go from whos soft to whos the better player? Their both two completely different things. If people want to say Bosh is a better all around player then find but to say he is tougher then Amare is crazy. Didn't Bosh get overwhelmed in game 3 of the Boston series? Amare would never say that since hes been in multiple WCF and been in the playoffs every year

Defense does not = soft at times. Pau Gasol is a better defender then both but people still say he's soft as hell especially in that dallas series.

Pau gasol is not a better defender than bosh. And bosh has times of softness but he is also the backbone of the 2nd best defense in the league.

Giants88
05-22-2011, 01:33 PM
I think it's official Miami fans are hands down the most biased fan on these forums. This thread just proves it.

Crackadalic
05-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Pau gasol is not a better defender than bosh. And bosh has times of softness but he is also the backbone of the 2nd best defense in the league.

Yea because he is on a team that forces him to play better on the defensive end. Was Ray Allen and Paul Pierce good defenders before KG came to Boston? No

So yea Amare is a bad defender but he never had a coach to really make him to play defense. If he played in a heat of bulls system he wouldnt be half as bad as he is now

fishfan79
05-22-2011, 01:44 PM
both overpaid players but if we didnt take bosh then we would not of gotten lebron and kept wade most likely.

So it works out for us anyways. Amare is a Center imo and whom I wanted even without a lick of defense to his name. Bosh is a PF and easier to find. Amare has the concerns with injuries is my biggest worry for him. But, it is what it is. who cares? The knicks are watching the second round with amare at max pay. Bosh took a discount to be in miami, will be happy with ending up with him.

SportsFanatic10
05-22-2011, 01:44 PM
here's my take...amare is better than bosh but i'm not sure his personality would of fit behind lebron and wade so for the heat bosh is better. bosh is younger and doesn't have the knee issues in the past as well. but amare is more aggressive and a better athlete which makes him a better scorer. they both have nice midrange jumpers.

also just a side note about bosh...i think his defense has improved alot this year in the heats system. no he doesn't block alot of shots but his pick and roll defense has been very good. i just wish he'd get more rebounds like in TO. 8 was a bit disappointing this season. i have a feeling bosh will have a better season next year though.

NYK|NYY
05-22-2011, 01:49 PM
I have no problem with Amar'e taking the max over Bosh taking less. (Lets not forget the lack of income tax in MIA), these players are human, 97% of us would have taken the max too.

I honestly think if Lebron and Wade would be able to do it over, contracts aside, they would have taken Amar'e. He meshes better with them, personality wise, and is on the same level of production. Bosh also benefits from the defensive intensity of those two guys, think Amar'e would up his level of D playing with those two.

The Flash
05-22-2011, 01:51 PM
You had me convinced. Amare is better, keep him.Bosh will only settle better into his role for the HEAT. It's only their first year.

daleja424
05-22-2011, 01:54 PM
bosh had a 19/8 season as a third option to two of the top players in the league...

I'll take that kind of production out of a third option all day every day...

JasonJohnHorn
05-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Here's the deal:

In free agency last season every team would have likely taken Bosh over Amare. Why? I would have done it myself had I been a GM for two reasons. Bosh WAS a better rebounder (or so I thought at the time) and two: Amare has missed significant time due to injury.

Since that time, Bosh has proved that when he is on a team that has rebounders (Haslem, James and Miller and Wade both rebound very well for their respective positions), that he is really not that great a rebounder. They are BOTH good rebounders, but they are not GRAET rebounders.

Amazing rebounders: Dwight and Love.
Great rebounders: Gasol, Bogut.
Good rebounders: Bosh and Amare.
Bad rebounder: Barngani.

Lets face, Heat fans evenhave to admit it, that despite the fact the Heat are doing VERY well and are a GREAT team, Bosh did not bring to the team what everybody was hoping he did, where as I think it is fair to assume that whilst Amare was a consolation prize in free agency, he was still very much a great pick up and has exceeded expectation. He helped turn the team into a playoff team, he has been a great go-to guy.

I'd agree with anybody who said Bosh is a better rebounder. But you are comparing guys who separated by literally 0.1 per, and 0.4 per36 minutes. There is not much separating their averages, and you are comparing guys who arent even in the top 25 in the league. Seriously.

Why are we splitting hair between to guys who dont even compete with David Lee and Lamar Odom on the boards

why dont we compare the assists averages of Ron Artest and Josh McRoberts while we are at it

Amare is a better go-to guy for scoring, he has clearly illustrated that he is a better scorere than bosh throughout his career, and if NY called up Riley and asked to swap out Amare for Bosh, Riley would say yet in a second. At least then he could start Haslem at PF (who is a better rebounder than either of them) and leave Amare at Center, where Miami has its biggest hole

niether is a great rebounder, neither is a great defender, one is a god scorer, the other is a great scorer

And again I say: P!SS might not smell as bad as $#!T, but neither one of them smells good.

A better question would be: Who is a better rebounder, Dwight or Love, because then at least we are talking about the best in the league, and not TWO softies who are battling out to be 27th place in the league

Crackadalic
05-22-2011, 01:58 PM
I still don't get how soft=who is the better player. I give up PSD. Bosh>>>>>Amare is he is a real tough guy

DMasta718
05-22-2011, 02:20 PM
It's funny how people bring up "Don't be fascinated by Amare's dunks" yet most of his points this season came from mid range. Just had to laugh at that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2011, 02:22 PM
:eyebrow: Truth hurts right....Amare wins and the numbers prove it sorry Lmao

lol what numbers are you watching:confused:

Or are you just trolling?:shrug:

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2011, 02:49 PM
lol what numbers are you watching:confused:

Or are you just trolling?:shrug:

Lol what numbers are you watching?:confused:

or you just can't see:shrug:

Shamar81
05-22-2011, 02:55 PM
There is no question Amare is better. Are you gusy watching the game? All i hear is the big two. Or where is Bosh? Or the big three lebron, wade and james and now haslem. Bosh plays better defense but overrall Amare is better.

Pornstar86
05-22-2011, 03:05 PM
cuz amare uses his energy on the offensive end more LOL.

yep, he uses so much more energy on the offensive end that he received a well needed vacation

Pornstar86
05-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Who else is gonna rebound besides LeBron?

Wade has been the best rebounding guard since he came into the league, in case you didnt know

gwrighter
05-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Bosh is most def the better all-around player.

AllOut305
05-22-2011, 03:41 PM
bosh has no ego? "i want to be a centerpiece" does that ring a bell? its obvious this guy overrates himself. and bosh wouldn't put up better numbers on the knicks your calling my post stupid this is just plain dumb.

bosh put up 27 and 12 in the beginning of the season for toronto when he added muscle. because of his frame he couldn't hold all of it. when he lost it the real bosh showed up which is about 21 and 10. which isn't bad but amare would put up better numbers.

10-11 Stat : PPG 25.3 RPG 8.3 APG 2.6 FG % 50.3
10-11 Bosh : PPG 18.7 RPG 8.3 APG 2.0 FG% 49.6

09-10 as a First Option... PPG : 24.0 , RPG 10.8 APG 2.4 FG % 51.0

But no.. as a first option elsewhere he wouldn't post better numbers... Your right ... lol

ink
05-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Bosh is most def the better all-around player.

Which is why he is the better elite role player. Amare is a legit #1 option even if he isn't quite good enough. Bosh is not even close to being a #1 option. They're really two entirely different type players despite the fact they get compared all the time.

gwrighter
05-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Which is why he is the better elite role player. Amare is a legit #1 option even if he isn't quite good enough. Bosh is not even close to being a #1 option. They're really two entirely different type players despite the fact they get compared all the time.

this.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Lol what numbers are you watching?:confused:

or you just can't see:shrug:

Bosh is better than Amare in 90% of the stats you provided.

NetsPaint
05-22-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure if the comparison is fair. Amar'e was energized with a new team and had to work extra hard to keep the Knicks in the Playoff race. We don't know what Bosh would have done in the same position. Granted, Bosh was on the Raptors and didn't make the Playoffs in a few years.

Well-rounded doesn't mean a bigger impact. Amar'e definitely looks better now, but again, it's not fair to compare.

mjt20mik
05-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Bosh is definitely, without a doubt a better all around player compared to Amare. However, Amare can be seen as more of a #1 option, compared to Bosh being a complimentary player (however he is still on par with other all-stars).

smith&wesson
05-22-2011, 04:07 PM
check stats career playoff numbers and check boshs career playoff numbers. theres no comparison. stat is way better then bosh.

MELO7NYK/DENfan
05-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Amare did?:confused:

ha Yea man well he nash but he was the number one option on that team.

smith&wesson
05-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Bosh is definitely, without a doubt a better all around player compared to Amare. However, Amare can be seen as more of a #1 option, compared to Bosh being a complimentary player (however he is still on par with other all-stars).

i completly disagree. but i respek your opinion.

Sadds The Gr8
05-22-2011, 04:09 PM
:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2011, 04:15 PM
:facepalm:

:confused:

JasonJohnHorn
05-22-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm a Raps fan, and I have NEVER seen Bosh "take over a game". I havent watched much NY this season, but I have watch a lot of Phoenix games, and especially in the playoffs (though this year he was injured), he TAKES OVER games. That is an intangible you wont see in the stat line. Bosh's average genernally have been slightly down in the post season, Amare's usually go up.

BOSH REG/PLO: FG%: 49/47, FT% 79/84, SCR: 20/18.6 TRB: 9.2/9.4 (around the same or slightly lower in the post season)

AMARE:FG%: 53/51 (both higher, as is the TS%, 59 to Bosh's 57), FT% 76/74, SCR: 21.3/23.5 TRB: 8.8/9.1

They are both about equal on rebounds, Amare has a higher FG and TS percentage, and scores more. When it comes to passing and ball handling, I will take Amare over Bosh any day of the weak. Neither gets enogh assists or fewer turn overs to make one a clear cut better player statistically, but Amare also plays with the ball in hand more, creating more room for turnover, and playing for D'Antoni, he obviously passes a lot more because moving the ball out from the post and arudn the horn is common. So though his passes dont generally lead to assists, he does pass more and causes less turnovers.

These guys are about equal talent wise, and if Amare's health wasnt a concern, most GMs in the league would want him before Bosh for two reasons: HE IS A BETTER SCORER and a better passer, and HE CAN PLAY IN A SYSTEM WHERE HE DOESNT DOMINATE THE BALL. Look how well he played with Starbury and Marion, then Nash Johnson and Marion. He could still assert his presence, but wasnt a ball hog and still left lots of room for Nash to handle the ball, and Johnson and Marion to score 20+. ITs the type of player he is. He can look great, and still leave room for his teammate to look great as well.

Bosh, in TO, was just to having the ball dumped down to him constantly and his game doesnt flow as well when its not running like that, though he had obviously gotten better as the season has continued.

Amare > Bosh

jockrider
05-22-2011, 04:23 PM
10-11 Stat : PPG 25.3 RPG 8.3 APG 2.6 FG % 50.3
10-11 Bosh : PPG 18.7 RPG 8.3 APG 2.0 FG% 49.6

09-10 as a First Option... PPG : 24.0 , RPG 10.8 APG 2.4 FG % 51.0

But no.. as a first option elsewhere he wouldn't post better numbers... Your right ... lol

bosh isn't as good as he was last year. bosh was a beast when he got up to 250 lbs avg 27 and 12. he lost the weight and is around now 230 lbs he didn't do anything to improve over this offseason. im raptor fan and i can tell you once he started losing his muscle he wasn't the same it's not his fault his frame can't handle it.

h2r09
05-22-2011, 04:26 PM
check stats career playoff numbers and check boshs career playoff numbers. theres no comparison. stat is way better then bosh.

yes, because bosh's numbers this year as a number 3 option addded to his like 8 playoff games before this are a great measure of how good of a player bosh is. phenomenal post.

ink
05-22-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm a Raps fan, and I have NEVER seen Bosh "take over a game". I havent watched much NY this season, but I have watch a lot of Phoenix games, and especially in the playoffs (though this year he was injured), he TAKES OVER games. That is an intangible you wont see in the stat line. Bosh's average genernally have been slightly down in the post season, Amare's usually go up.

BOSH REG/PLO: FG%: 49/47, FT% 79/84, SCR: 20/18.6 TRB: 9.2/9.4 (around the same or slightly lower in the post season)

AMARE:FG%: 53/51 (both higher, as is the TS%, 59 to Bosh's 57), FT% 76/74, SCR: 21.3/23.5 TRB: 8.8/9.1

They are both about equal on rebounds, Amare has a higher FG and TS percentage, and scores more. When it comes to passing and ball handling, I will take Amare over Bosh any day of the weak. Neither gets enogh assists or fewer turn overs to make one a clear cut better player statistically, but Amare also plays with the ball in hand more, creating more room for turnover, and playing for D'Antoni, he obviously passes a lot more because moving the ball out from the post and arudn the horn is common. So though his passes dont generally lead to assists, he does pass more and causes less turnovers.

These guys are about equal talent wise, and if Amare's health wasnt a concern, most GMs in the league would want him before Bosh for two reasons: HE IS A BETTER SCORER and a better passer, and HE CAN PLAY IN A SYSTEM WHERE HE DOESNT DOMINATE THE BALL. Look how well he played with Starbury and Marion, then Nash Johnson and Marion. He could still assert his presence, but wasnt a ball hog and still left lots of room for Nash to handle the ball, and Johnson and Marion to score 20+. ITs the type of player he is. He can look great, and still leave room for his teammate to look great as well.

Bosh, in TO, was just to having the ball dumped down to him constantly and his game doesnt flow as well when its not running like that, though he had obviously gotten better as the season has continued.

Amare > Bosh

Good post. Just two different players. Not sure why they always get compared because their games are so different.

Savage Sunday
05-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Is this even a question?

When has Amare ever been "soft" like Bosh? People need to remember that Amare completely changed his game after his knee injury, he went from a Blake Griffin type of PF catching alley oops and running the fast break to a faceup 4. So because hes not banging down low for boards and dunking on people that means hes "soft" now?

Ridiculous. Amare is the best 2nd option in the NBA after LeBron.

jockrider
05-22-2011, 04:32 PM
here's some pics of when he gained the 15 lbs of muscle
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2422/3968203024_964289a35a_o.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/SvcAkRGTdjI/AAAAAAAAJdk/K8EGDHNzg7A/s400/Chris+Bosh+Dunks+On+Erick+Dampier.jpg

this bosh grabbed every rebound and was dunking on everyone

Cano4prez
05-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Is this even a question?

When has Amare ever been "soft" like Bosh? People need to remember that Amare completely changed his game after his knee injury, he went from a Blake Griffin type of PF catching alley oops and running the fast break to a faceup 4. So because hes not banging down low for boards and dunking on people that means hes "soft" now?

SwaggaIke
05-22-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't know how many heads will roll w/ this one but Bosh has turned himself into a respectable defender this season. No, he's not the strongest guy on the floor but he's not soft either. He's a willing banger & key cog in a defensive machine. Offensively Amare is a beast but his IQ isn't the highest & he doesn't think the game. I'd take Bosh if I'm trying to build a perennial contender.

Kobes a Killer
05-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Amare>>Bosh

jockrider
05-22-2011, 04:38 PM
http://macleans.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/100128_interview.jpg?w=660&h=277

best pic i could find this bosh was the best pf in the nba.

Kobes a Killer
05-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Is this even a question?

The best 2nd option???:facepalm: come on man be real

jockrider
05-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't know how many heads will roll w/ this one but Bosh has turned himself into a respectable defender this season. No, he's not the strongest guy on the floor but he's not soft either. He's a willing banger & key cog in a defensive machine. Offensively Amare is a beast but his IQ isn't the highest & he doesn't think the game. I'd take Bosh if I'm trying to build a perennial contender.

i stop reading at willing banger.

SwaggaIke
05-22-2011, 05:01 PM
i stop reading at willing banger.

Good thing your approval isn't the end all be all. I didn't say he was Moses Malone. I just said the guy is willing to mix it up & come down w/ traffic rebounds for his team. He's a willing screener/hedger & has matured his game to the point that he can stay engaged defensively even w/ a lack of touches.

12evolution 9
05-22-2011, 05:03 PM
^^^ What the above said.

Amar'e is better than Bosh huh?

Maybe this year, but career wise, eh might tend to disagree... And BOSH can play DEFENSE

now that the Knicks got Carmelo, Stoudamar'e offense just went away cause it gonna be hogged by Melo.

Savage Sunday
05-22-2011, 05:04 PM
The best 2nd option???:facepalm: come on man be real

Re-read my post.

Best 2nd Options in the NBA:
1. LeBron
2. Amare
3. Gasol
4. Westbrook
5. Gordon

jockrider
05-22-2011, 05:07 PM
lebron is a 2nd option to no one. wade is a second on that team

Savage Sunday
05-22-2011, 05:09 PM

Maybe this year, but career wise, eh might tend to disagree... And BOSH can play DEFENSE

now that the Knicks got Carmelo, Stoudamar'e offense just went away cause it gonna be hogged by Melo.

Amare shouldnt be averaging 27 PPG like we needed him to without any other elite scoring options.

He put up 24 PPG in his first month with Melo while trying to adjust his positioning with another Forward who can post up and play on the low block.

roshan3ai
05-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Why does it matter who the first and second option is? For teams like the Knicks and Heat, whoever is hot will get the ball. There doesn't really have to be a set number one and number two option. Wade and LeBron are both talented and so are Melo and Amare. If Lebron is hot he'll take more shots regardless if he's the first or second option.

The point is moot unless we're talking about who gets the ball in the clutch. Melo is getting the ball for the Knicks most of the time because he's proven to be one of the most clutch players in the league and the Heat don't have a set go to guy at the end of games.

Savage Sunday
05-22-2011, 05:12 PM
lebron is a 2nd option to no one. wade is a second on that team

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Others%20Masterpiece/0%20queen%20lebron%20james/WADEs%20Pippen/dwyanewadesrobin.gif

jockrider
05-22-2011, 05:15 PM

career wise really? it's obvious career wise amare was the better player.

Cano4prez
05-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Re-read my post.

Best 2nd Options in the NBA:
1. LeBron
2. Amare
3. Gasol
4. Westbrook
5. Gordon

Gasol>Amare

justinnum1
05-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Gasol>Amare

this.

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Bosh is better than Amare in 90% of the stats you provided.

I guess u can't see...

Amare dominated almost every number on Bosh.

I guess Bosh has better numbers then Kobe too right??? Lmao

your finish...NEXT!

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Gasol>Amare

Gasol>Bosh

HansumJay
05-22-2011, 06:00 PM
LOL It'll be ok. When the Heat lose just post the Bosh comments. Amare would destroy Bosh and everyone with eyes knows it.

Cano4prez
05-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Gasol>Bosh

That wasn't the question, he said Amare was a better 2nd option than Gasol which is not true. Bosh is the best 3rd option in the NBA

Bishnoff
05-22-2011, 06:16 PM

Because he likes to get out on the break, doesn't have a low centre of gravity/wide hips etc., was never taught how to properly box out, and isn't very good at reading the ball off the rim. Amar'e will never be a great rebounder.

roshan3ai
05-22-2011, 06:32 PM
I guess u can't see...

Amare dominated almost every number on Bosh.

I guess Bosh has better numbers then Kobe too right??? Lmao

your finish...NEXT!

He's looking at advanced stats. You aren't helping your case...

Giants88
05-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Nah Lebron will always be to Wade what A Rod is to Jeter. Stats don't matter, everyone knows the true leader on the Heat is Wade.

TheHighLife
05-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Why is Amare called "Stat" ?

jockrider
05-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Why is Amare called "Stat" ?

same reason bosh is called rupaul:p but seriously i always wondered stat stuffer:shrug:

heyman321
05-22-2011, 07:01 PM
same reason bosh is called rupaul:p but seriously i always wondered stat stuffer:shrug:

it's an acronym suns fans made up

Standing Tall and Talented

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2011, 07:49 PM
He's looking at advanced stats. You aren't helping your case...

In advance stats he still wins...there basically close on every category and certain ones Amare clearly dominates

Kashmir13579
05-22-2011, 07:50 PM

mods are sleeping at the wheel for leaving this thread open. :pity:

daleja424
05-22-2011, 07:55 PM
who cares... call bosh soft... I don't think he cares.

I am sure Stat would trade being called soft to still be in the playoffs.

I am starting to realize that no matter what the HEAT and its players do, some of you are going to always knit pick over everything. Grow up and start rooting for your team to succeed instead of rooting for the HEAT to fail...

AllOut305
05-22-2011, 11:38 PM

I am starting to realize that no matter what the HEAT and its players do, some of you are going to always knit pick over everything. Grow up and start rooting for your team to succeed instead of rooting for the HEAT to fail...

Im pretty sure bosh did okay tonight .. Stat would've had a bigger impact though on tonights game. . . lol..

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

DoJoTheSlasher
05-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Wade has been the best rebounding guard since he came into the league, in case you didnt know

Jason Kidd says hello.

Superior_Knicks
05-23-2011, 02:56 AM
It seems that Bosh gets that "Soft" label because he doesn't pound it inside and relies more on his shooting ability.
I think it's just a negative way of saying Bosh is "Finesse" player from the haters.
I'd take him any day if I was able to get him with the current deal that he has even with the "Soft" label.

Knicks21
05-23-2011, 03:20 AM
That wasn't the question, he said Amare was a better 2nd option than Gasol which is not true. Bosh is the best 3rd option in the NBA

So Amare slides down to 4th? Cmon, even for a hater that is a stretch.

naps
05-23-2011, 05:40 AM
Bosh>>>>>>Amare. Instead of showing off your homerism, ask Amare how the fishing is going on after getting swept.

Ragan
05-23-2011, 11:53 AM
I admit that Stat surprised me this year, I thought a lot of his production was tied to playing with Steve Nash.

That said, Bosh is the better all-around player. He's not as ferocious a finisher as Amare, but he is better in most other facets of the game, including shooting, rebounding, passing, defense...

Pornstar86
05-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Jason Kidd says hello.

ok i thought i implied at his position, so lemme rephrase...Wade has been the BEST rebounding SG since he came into the league, either way it still goes to show that Bosh has to compete with lebron and wade for rebounds, two of the best at their respective positions

NYKnicks4511
05-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh so Bosh has one great game and he's better than STAT?

Get off the blunt son

LA_Raiders
05-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Because Bosh is a stat chaser like LeBroom & Wade thats why he averages more rebounds.

beasted86
05-23-2011, 01:50 PM

Get off the blunt son

He was the better all around player statistically for the past 2 years ('08-'09 & '09-'10), and was the more coveted guy in free agency for a reason.

But anyway, this debate is pointless. Knicks are happy with their guy, Heat are happy with their guy. Neither player is going anywhere anytime soon. Fans should accept that and move past this lame argument.

John Walls Era
05-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Because Bosh is a stat chaser like LeBroom & Wade thats why he averages more rebounds.

What does that even mean? Isn't it a good thing to want more rebounds? This is the funniest reasoning of all time.

Chronz
05-23-2011, 01:55 PM

The question then becomes why doesnt Amare wise up and start obsess about chasing down rebounding stats? His team sure could use some.

EnWhyKay
05-23-2011, 02:06 PM

Get off the blunt son

What this guy said.. SMH.. One good game.. smh...

jetsfan1020
05-23-2011, 02:09 PM
bosh is a fckin ***** *** ***** Stat ***** on bosh

YankeeClipper5
05-23-2011, 02:12 PM
ok i thought i implied at his position, so lemme rephrase...Wade has been the BEST rebounding SG since he came into the league, either way it still goes to show that Bosh has to compete with lebron and wade for rebounds, two of the best at their respective positions

Since Wade came into the league, I think Kobe is the better rebounder of the two SG's.

sunnydayin'zona
05-23-2011, 02:42 PM
it's an acronym suns fans made up

Standing Tall and Talented

Actually its not. We've used it, but it came from amare's early career interviews. Amare's dad gave him the nickname when he was a pre-teen, late childhood age.

John Walls Era
05-23-2011, 02:44 PM

You're right. It doesn't matter if Bosh gets 30 points and 10 rebounds in every game the rest of the way. People will still call him soft and continue to hate the Heat.

Evolution23
05-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Bosh is better cause he gets scared under pressure and had 1 good game.

34Dayz
05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Amare is compact and explosive

Bosh is lanky and long

Hard to say who is better but honestly due to injurys + age i'd probably pick Bosh.

I also think Bosh is a better shooter and doesn't rely on his athleticism as much as Amare does.

HiphopRelated
05-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Bosh is better cause he gets scared under pressure and had 1 good game.
He's avg 18/9 in the playoffs and outperformed all of his matchups

Too bad he couldn't avg 14/8 like Amare in a sweep

What's hilarious about the Amare praise to me is dude didn't do ANYTHING Bosh wasn't doing for years in Toronto with worse teammates.

29$JerZ
05-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I'd still take Amar'e and a handful of PF's over Bosh

NYKnicks4511
05-23-2011, 09:38 PM
He's avg 18/9 in the playoffs and outperformed all of his matchups

Too bad he couldn't avg 14/8 like Amare in a sweep

What's hilarious about the Amare praise to me is dude didn't do ANYTHING Bosh wasn't doing for years in Toronto with worse teammates.

You're ******** for using that 14/8 "statistic". Just in case you didn't watch the series, he was making KG his ***** but an injury held him back. :facepalm:

Amar'e stepped his game up when he took the role as the head honcho for a Knicks team that was deprived of leadership (and Wins) for a decade. Amar'e put New York back into the basketball conversation. While neither Bosh nor Amar'e has actually won any hardware to date, it's idiotic to call Bosh a better PF than Amar'e.

Amar'e had been facing double and triple teams all year long while Bosh has the entire paint pretty much to himself as Wade and LeBron are clearing the wings.

Overall I think Amar'e is better (I'm biased), but I think once both teams are done building it'll be a better basis for argument as to who's better than who.

KnicksR4Real
05-23-2011, 09:52 PM
despite bosh's play.... its still stat

KnicksR4Real
05-23-2011, 09:53 PM
not even a question folks

Hoopsadvocate
05-23-2011, 10:01 PM
How is this still even up for debate it should be a no brainer now.

Bosh outplayed his pf counterparts (maybe not with force but with finese but still he beat them).

Amare hasnt done anything more by himself than bosh has. Amare doesnt even rebound better yet hes suppose to be the manly pf?? please.

Sure amare is more physical but that doesnt = better.

Id rather have a finese type player whos all around game is better over a lazy one dimensional physical scorer.

GiantsSwaGG
05-23-2011, 10:13 PM
How is this still even up for debate it should be a no brainer now.

Bosh outplayed his pf counterparts (maybe not with force but with finese but still he beat them).

Amare hasnt done anything more by himself than bosh has. Amare doesnt even rebound better yet hes suppose to be the manly pf?? please.

Sure amare is more physical but that doesnt = better.

Id rather have a finese type player whos all around game is better over a lazy one dimensional physical scorer.

So does Amare....

King Drew
05-23-2011, 10:19 PM

well first off they would play amare at center alot of the time. playin bigger guys. plus bosh is tall and lanky.

Beltrans Mole
05-23-2011, 10:22 PM
If Amare could play any friggin defense it would be him no questions asked. That's what pisses me off about him...it's not like he doesn't have the ability to make himself a great defensive player. He's too talented to be that ****** on D.

knicks4life33
05-23-2011, 10:29 PM
amare hands down and im not being biased. i dont see a tandem of steve nash and chris bosh goin to the conference finals all those years and winning all those games and i dont see chris bosh averaging 36 points per game in a playoff s eries aganist tim duncan like amare stoudamire did and the last year amare was with the suns they almost had the lakers if its wasnt for kobes air ball which ron artest caught and put up at the buzzer. amare is explosive at the basket and has a jumper but boshs shot is better and rebounding is slightly better. also this year boshs job wasnt to score it was to play defense and rebound . so that was his focus so kinda makes sense .

The Final Boss
05-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Its comical that people continue to call players soft yet they themselves are writing behind screen names. I know you all play ball and didn't 'make it'. Does this make you marshmallows?

knicks4life33
05-23-2011, 10:33 PM
bye the way this is a joke AMARE STOUDAMIRE THIS YEAR AVERAGE 8.2 REBOUNDS AND BOSH AVERAGE 8.3 !!!!! WHILE BOSHS JOB WAS TO REBOUND AND PLAY D

roshan3ai
05-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Its comical that people continue to call players soft yet they themselves are writing behind screen names. I know you all play ball and didn't 'make it'. Does this make you marshmallows?

....That's part of being a fan of the game. I know I'm ten times worse than the worst player in the league. But does that mean I can't criticize them? They get millions to play a game and if we can't critique their games then what's the point of even discussing sports? Bosh has displayed softness in the paint at times. He's still probably tougher than me but in comparison to the other premier PFs, he is softer in the paint.

Now, just because he's soft doesn't mean he's a bad player. Dirk's been called soft many times and look at how he's doing right now. Bosh is still a very good player and can do a lot of things well, but he doesn't have the leader mentality that Amare has and Amare is more dominant IMO.

knicks4life33
05-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Haha amare averaged more blocks to lol do your research bro if you wanna consider .1 more rebounds alot more lol espicially when boshs job was rebound and play d.

The Flash
05-23-2011, 10:36 PM
bye the way this is a joke AMARE STOUDAMIRE THIS YEAR AVERAGE 8.2 REBOUNDS AND BOSH AVERAGE 8.3 !!!!! WHILE BOSHS JOB WAS TO REBOUND AND PLAY D
That sounds funny coming from a knick fan. So what was Amare's job then?

knicks4life33
05-23-2011, 10:38 PM
To lead the knicks back to the playoffs which he did lol boshs main job was to play d and rebound and im not be biased

The Flash
05-23-2011, 10:38 PM
....That's part of being a fan of the game. I know I'm ten times worse than the worst player in the league. But does that mean I can't criticize them? They get millions to play a game and if we can't critique their games then what's the point of even discussing sports? Bosh has displayed softness in the paint at times. He's still probably tougher than me but in comparison to the other premier PFs, he is softer in the paint.

Now, just because he's soft doesn't mean he's a bad player. Dirk's been called soft many times and look at how he's doing right now. Bosh is still a very good player and can do a lot of things well, but he doesn't have the leader mentality that Amare has and Amare is more dominant IMO.

He is more dominant ( Amare) that's why Bosh fits better with the HEAT where he likes and accepts his role. Nothing wrong with that

EaglePride615
05-23-2011, 10:57 PM
well considering that amare got a bad back that he coulnt play through for some reason i guess we throw out the fact that bosh's stats are ******** on amare's in the playoffs

koreancabbage
05-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Amare will never win a championship. i'm not being biased.