PDA

View Full Version : Bosh and Stat...

Pages : 1 [2]

EaglePride615
05-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Amare will never win a championship. i'm not being biased.

i wouldnt say that. maybe if he gets paired with a completely dominant rebounder then he can. and if the knicks get depth and a new coach who teaches d... then its definitely possible

koreancabbage
05-23-2011, 11:41 PM
i wouldnt say that. maybe if he gets paired with a completely dominant rebounder then he can. and if the knicks get depth and a new coach who teaches d... then its definitely possible

all this with a new salary cap in the new CBA...

forget about it. not happening. New York will surely be mediocre well into Amare's early 30's. and by then, he'll surely be past his prime.

SwaggaIke
05-24-2011, 11:03 AM
The new Bosh article on ESPN tells the story I've been trying to tell. Amare is a one way player & it's probably too late for him to change.

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Bosh>>>>>>Amare. Instead of showing off your homerism, ask Amare how the fishing is going on after getting swept.

NY has no depth and was injury plagued inthe post season. Bosh gets to play third fiddle to Wade and James. Seriously? Thats not even fair.

Amare has been to the conference finals before, and had it no been for rediculous suspensions, they would have beat the spurs that season (and I LOVE the spurs).

Amare deserves some credit for getting a team that finished low last season into the playoffs. Keep in mind, a healthy Bosh with homecourt advantage, failed to beat the NJ Nets when he was with the Raps.

At least NY can say they werent the foavourites going into the series. Bosh can say that for the Raps that year.

Da Knicks
05-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Amare>Bosh any day

Ebbs
05-24-2011, 02:34 PM
I have never ever waivered. . . Bosh is better than Amare.

Amare is a one dimensional one trick pony. Hurt or not he laid an ugly *** playoff performance to.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Amare plays one way. Bosh is more solid all the way around and more versatile. Even though Amare is a more dynamic scorer I would reluctantly take Bosh.....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Amare>Bosh any day

h.o.m.e.r

nycsports2
05-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Im a knicks fan but really id take amare all day over bosh not even close brings leadership too your team also i feel like the heat wouold be better if you swapped out bosh with amare and the knicks would be worse with bosh instead

HouRealCoach
05-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Im a knicks fan but really id take amare all day over bosh not even close brings leadership too your team also i feel like the heat wouold be better if you swapped out bosh with amare and the knicks would be worse with bosh instead

Not with defense... Boozer would be averaging 20,10 right now

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 04:34 PM

lets talk about your feelings lol

the Knicks would still have the same record. Heat would still have the same dysfunctional chaos for the whole season. Amare would lash out even more about not getting touches.

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 04:38 PM
lets talk about your feelings lol

the Knicks would still have the same record. Heat would still have the same dysfunctional chaos for the whole season. Amare would lash out even more about not getting touches.

Your talking as if Amare has been the 1st option his whole career. He wanted NY not because of being the number one guy but because the suns didnt want to give him guarantee money

beasted86
05-24-2011, 04:38 PM

Funny as it is I feel the exact opposite to this

Slimsim
05-24-2011, 04:57 PM
all this with a new salary cap in the new CBA...

forget about it. not happening. New York will surely be mediocre well into Amare's early 30's. and by then, he'll surely be past his prime.

Don't mistake Us for your raptors

knicks4life33
05-24-2011, 06:54 PM
stop with bosh and im not bein a homer like stop with rupaul . amare i would take over him anyday and if you know nba basketball and have nba knowledge you would take amare over bosh

footballer2369
05-24-2011, 06:57 PM
stop with bosh and im not bein a homer like stop with rupaul . amare i would take over him anyday and if you know nba basketball and have nba knowledge you would take amare over bosh

Everyone and their mothers would have rather had Bosh over Amare until this year. And now they're beginning to remember why.

Bosh was better than Amare is as a #1.

Yanks All Day
05-24-2011, 07:10 PM
It comes down to what you prefer. If you wan a flashy offensive player who grabs way too few rebounds for his size and athleticism while playing little to no defense, pick Amar'e. If you want an obvious team player who gave up being the number 1 option and sacrificing about half of his touches per game to go be a 3rd option who plays decent defense with an above average jump shot, go Bosh.

To me, its a no brainer. You will never win the NBA Championship strictly playing offense. Defense wins championships. Bosh plays defense, Amar'e does not. Sure, Stat is one of the best, if not the best, finishers around the rim in the NBA, but Bosh is no slouch on offense. To me, Amar'e excellent offense does not make up for his total lack of defense and rebounding. Not to mention Bosh is 26 and rarely hurt, if ever. Amar'e is 29 with a history of bad knees.

PS switch Amar'e and Bosh and there's a better chance that the Heat do not get past the Celtics. Bosh is a better fit for Miami, while Amar'e is better suited for New York. It's all about how players fit in a system, and Amar'e does not fit the Heat.

Chest Rockwell
05-24-2011, 07:15 PM
STAT is definitely better than Bosh. Bosh is a better rebounder and that's it. Athletically it's not even close, better blocker, better at P&R, and better leader. Their both nothing to write home about defensively. This isn't even a debate. I live in south Florida and all the Heat fans I know would take STAT over Bosh. The man has a couple good games recently and suddenly it's a debate. You bandwagon fans are incorrigible.

Chest Rockwell
05-24-2011, 07:23 PM
It comes down to what you prefer. If you wan a flashy offensive player who grabs way too few rebounds for his size and athleticism while playing little to no defense, pick Amar'e. If you want an obvious team player who gave up being the number 1 option and sacrificing about half of his touches per game to go be a 3rd option who plays decent defense with an above average jump shot, go Bosh.

To me, its a no brainer. You will never win the NBA Championship strictly playing offense. Defense wins championships. Bosh plays defense, Amar'e does not. Sure, Stat is one of the best, if not the best, finishers around the rim in the NBA, but Bosh is no slouch on offense. To me, Amar'e excellent offense does not make up for his total lack of defense and rebounding. Not to mention Bosh is 26 and rarely hurt, if ever. Amar'e is 29 with a history of bad knees.

Wow Bosh plays decent defense now... okay. A couple recent games and now its the trend. Also, Bosh is 27. Oh yeah and leaving the pressure of being a number one option in Toronto to ride Wade and James' coattails is a positive now? And Stat has an above average jump shot as well. Have you ever seen him play or are you just another one of these forum drones who repeats the same unfounded fact over and over again?

Yanks All Day
05-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Wow Bosh plays decent defense now... okay. A couple recent games and now its the trend. Also, Bosh is 27. Oh yeah and leaving the pressure of being a number one option in Toronto to ride Wade and James' coattails is a positive now? And Stat has an above average jump shot as well. Have you ever seen him play or are you just another one of these forum drones who repeats the same unfounded fact over and over again?

Decent is better than none whatsoever. Talk about riding coattails all you want, but they look pretty primed for a championship right about now, so teaming up doesn't seem like such a bad idea. Like I said, I'll take the player who plays defense and rebounds who never gets hurt over the offensive, one-dimensional player who is older with a history of bad knees. That contract will look real good in a few years.

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Your talking as if Amare has been the 1st option his whole career. He wanted NY not because of being the number one guy but because the suns didnt want to give him guarantee money

HE HAS BEEN. WHO ELSE HAS BEEN LEADING THE SUNS IN SCORING? and rEbounds?

well i don't blame him leaving the sun cuz they had their shot and Nash is getting old. their time frame of winning a championship had gone in Amare's last few years with Phoenix.

THE GIPPER
05-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Bosh>Amare last year. Bosh>Amare this year. Bosh>Amare next year.

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Don't mistake Us for your raptors

i'm not cuz i've already accepted the truth about the Raptors- they suck

but the fact is, if you truly believe an Amare led team will win a championship. you're in for a big surprise. You know why? CUZ HE DOESN'T PLAY DEFENSE. and you don't need me to state the most cliche statement about defense and championships right?

the worst fact is that they probably won't even sign a relevant Center to play for them and continue to live in the Melo, Amare mirage.

and for him to go to New York City to do them a favour by recruiting other star players is BS. ITs not Amare drawing them, its the city.

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 07:52 PM
STAT is definitely better than Bosh. Bosh is a better rebounder and that's it. Athletically it's not even close, better blocker, better at P&R, and better leader. Their both nothing to write home about defensively. This isn't even a debate. I live in south Florida and all the Heat fans I know would take STAT over Bosh. The man has a couple good games recently and suddenly it's a debate. You bandwagon fans are incorrigible.

Bosh has more range and is a better passer. better jumpshot and better rebounder.

better rebounder is key as well cuz its the defensive rebounds that matter the most. At least you know he's around the defensive areas whereas Stoudemire is nowhere to be seen. Thats why his teams will never champions cuz he disappears when it matters the most.

naps
05-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Bosh has always been the better player and it wasn't a debate at all before this season. It's debate now because he's knick. He doesn't really do anything better than Bosh except some flashy dunks.

Slimsim
05-24-2011, 08:43 PM
i'm not cuz i've already accepted the truth about the Raptors- they suck

but the fact is, if you truly believe an Amare led team will win a championship. you're in for a big surprise. You know why? CUZ HE DOESN'T PLAY DEFENSE. and you don't need me to state the most cliche statement about defense and championships right?

the worst fact is that they probably won't even sign a relevant Center to play for them and continue to live in the Melo, Amare mirage.

and for him to go to New York City to do them a favour by recruiting other star players is BS. ITs not Amare drawing them, its the city.

Zbo not a good defender but marc gasol makes up for his lack of defense same for boozer with Noah.

D-Leethal
05-24-2011, 09:11 PM
I think the Mavs and Dirk have debunked the myth that you can't win with a star PF who plays no D..........STAT needs a defensive C next to him like every other star offensive PF in the NBA

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Zbo not a good defender but marc gasol makes up for his lack of defense same for boozer with Noah.

and i said NYK will not sign a relevant center that can help them out. They would probably get the flashy PG first before addressing their Center needs

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 09:54 PM
HE HAS BEEN. WHO ELSE HAS BEEN LEADING THE SUNS IN SCORING? and rEbounds?

well i don't blame him leaving the sun cuz they had their shot and Nash is getting old. their time frame of winning a championship had gone in Amare's last few years with Phoenix.

Don't be fooled by the stats. Nash has always been that teams number one option. Amare even admitted it before

koreancabbage
05-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Don't be fooled by the stats. Nash has always been that teams number one option. Amare even admitted it before

rofl please. Where is Nash getting those assists from? just b/c he doesn't get the ball as much as he wants doesn't mean he's not the number one option. He's the most consistent scorer, and thus, the go-to guy to get points. how is that not the #1 option?

Amare is Nash's #1 option. so i don't get what you're trying to say.

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 10:06 PM
rofl please. Where is Nash getting those assists from? just b/c he doesn't get the ball as much as he wants doesn't mean he's not the number one option. He's the most consistent scorer, and thus, the go-to guy to get points. how is that not the #1 option?

Amare is Nash's #1 option. so i don't get what you're trying to say.

He dictates that offense like no other player I've seen in a while. Amare handle most of the scorer load but nash just made everyone better. If you wanted a clutch shot you get it from nash. If anything nash freed up space for amare throughout the game to get his. Thats why Amare stats isnt as good as it was in NY

Tuck&Rolle
05-24-2011, 10:18 PM
How is Bosh better when Amare leads in just about every stat except for rebounding? I don't quite understand the NY hate but wtv.

It must be nice to be Bosh and get so many wide open shots and dunks when teams are really worried about Lebron and Wade... Yet Amare puts up better stats and better shooting percentage so don't give me that bs..

Once again Miami fans being *****..

Tuck&Rolle
05-24-2011, 10:19 PM
He dictates that offense like no other player I've seen in a while. Amare handle most of the scorer load but nash just made everyone better. If you wanted a clutch shot you get it from nash. If anything nash freed up space for amare throughout the game to get his. Thats why Amare stats isnt as good as it was in NY

Lets keep in mind Phoenix didn't make the playoffs this season.. we did.. kinda convenient don't ya think? They missed Amare BIG TIME

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Lets keep in mind Phoenix didn't make the playoffs this season.. we did.. kinda convenient don't ya think? They missed Amare BIG TIME

No don't get me wrong. They miss Amare big time because they didnt have that big time scorer. At the same time our record is no better then theirs and it should have been worse if nash wasnt their

Tuck&Rolle
05-24-2011, 10:37 PM
No don't get me wrong. They miss Amare big time because they didnt have that big time scorer. At the same time our record is no better then theirs and it should have been worse if nash wasnt their

Yea I got you

It just amazes me how miami fans get away with these baiting *** threads and talking about how Bosh is better then Amare.. really? The jack ***** that really think that must lack some serious knowledge of the game..

Crackadalic
05-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Yea I got you

It just amazes me how miami fans get away with these baiting *** threads and talking about how Bosh is better then Amare.. really? The jack ***** that really think that must lack some serious knowledge of the game..

Its because of the stats and advance stats. If there going with just stats then thats where I have a problem with. If they use it as part of the argument and not the whole argument then I can understand. I both watch and use stats and by using both cases you really can't say one is better then the other. I just think Amare is more aggressive in trying to win games. It took Bosh playing for Miami to play tougher seeing how he was "overwhelm" in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

If your gonna go by stats then yea Bosh maybe a better all around player but to say he is way better is dumb to me

nystandup
05-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Amare carried the Knicks before Melo. Bosh didnt seem to have as much of an impact on his team when he was on the Raptors. I also think Amare is more of a leader.

beasted86
05-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Amare carried the Knicks before Melo. Bosh didnt seem to have as much of an impact on his team when he was on the Raptors. I also think Amare is more of a leader.

False.

I already did a full breakdown of this, I'll just quote that post.

2011 Amare Stoudemire:
37.2 MIN, 26.1 PPG, 8.6 REB, 50.7% FG, 2.7 AST, 2.2 BLK (before break)
Knicks Record: 26-25 (6th seed) before All-star Break

2010 Chris Bosh:
36.2 MIN, 24.4 PPG, 11.5 REB, 52.5% FG, 2.3 AST, 1.0 BLK (before break)
Raptors Record: 29-23 (5th seed) before All-star Break

Actually given the stats and team record, Bosh '10 > Amare '11

Facts are facts. Bosh got injured right after the break and the Raptors went on a 10 game losing streak in that stretch.

But like I said, this debate is pointless. Knick fans are happy with their guy, Heat fans happy with ours. Just let it rest and stop beating this dead horse.

Tuck&Rolle
05-25-2011, 12:22 AM
False.

I already did a full breakdown of this, I'll just quote that post.

Facts are facts. Bosh got injured right after the break and the Raptors went on a 10 game losing streak in that stretch.

But like I said, this debate is pointless. Knick fans are happy with their guy, Heat fans happy with ours. Just let it rest and stop beating this dead horse.

Just want to point out that Amare has the better stats there. I and other fans have no problem with letting it rest but your fellow heat fans don't seem to stfu and keep making threads like this.

Tuck&Rolle
05-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Its because of the stats and advance stats. If there going with just stats then thats where I have a problem with. If they use it as part of the argument and not the whole argument then I can understand. I both watch and use stats and by using both cases you really can't say one is better then the other. I just think Amare is more aggressive in trying to win games. It took Bosh playing for Miami to play tougher seeing how he was "overwhelm" in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

If your gonna go by stats then yea Bosh maybe a better all around player but to say he is way better is dumb to me

Amare has the better stats. More ppg and points total, better fg percentage and blocks. The only thing Bosh has on Amare is rebounding..

AllOut305
05-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Amare has the better stats. More ppg and points total, better fg percentage and blocks. The only thing Bosh has on Amare is rebounding..

Rebounding is what a big man is supposed to do... and the fg percantage is better by .3..

JC_
05-25-2011, 12:48 AM

Bosh is the only reason the Raptors won games so I'd say he had a pretty big impact on the Raptors. It's awesome what Amare has done for the Knicks but Bosh has done it all before in Toronto.

beasted86
05-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Just want to point out that Amare has the better stats there. I and other fans have no problem with letting it rest but your fellow heat fans don't seem to stfu and keep making threads like this.

HA!

Feel free to search how many Bosh related threads have been started in the NBA Forum, and see how many of them are by Heat fans. GTFOH with that bull.

And given the minutes and pace disparity between the two, it's pretty darn clear Bosh's stats were better. Hollinger's P.E.R. basically tells you that as well if you couldn't figure it out on your own: Bosh 25.06 in 2010 vs. Stat 22.79 in 2011.

sharqstealth
05-25-2011, 01:26 AM
For those Heat fans who say its Bosh stop fooling yourselves. We Knicks fans don't regret getting Amare, and truth is we rather have him in than Bosh. You can have Bosh all you want and we don't envy you. We may argue back and forth who's better stat wise, but in terms of leadership it's obvious!

THE MTL
05-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Replace Bosh with Amare for the Heat. (DEFINITELY BETTER TEAM). Amare's athleticism and intangibles far surpass Bosh's.

And replace Amare with Bosh for the Knicks. KNICKS are easily a WORST team!

Tuck&Rolle
05-25-2011, 03:58 AM
HA!

Feel free to search how many Bosh related threads have been started in the NBA Forum, and see how many of them are by Heat fans. GTFOH with that bull.

And given the minutes and pace disparity between the two, it's pretty darn clear Bosh's stats were better. Hollinger's P.E.R. basically tells you that as well if you couldn't figure it out on your own: Bosh 25.06 in 2010 vs. Stat 22.79 in 2011.

Hollingers pers stats are ********.. Cmon man lets real use real stats here not that non sense. Lets also keep in mind that Amare had the stats he did with out melo for most of the season. He had like 10 30 point games in a row? Did Bosh ever do that.. doubt it.

Lets also keep in mind that Bosh gets a ton of open looks with teams worried about Lebron and Wade. Its obvious how teams play defense against the Heat that Bosh is a after thought. Mean while teams game plan against Amare and the dude still does what he does.

Tuck&Rolle
05-25-2011, 04:02 AM
Rebounding is what a big man is supposed to do... and the fg percantage is better by .3..

Amare is much more then just a big man.. theres no doubt he should get more rebounds and that is the one and only weakness of his game.

towlsmoke420
05-25-2011, 04:17 AM
- -

towlsmoke420
05-25-2011, 04:20 AM
anyone who thinks amare is better than bosh must be higher than I am

daleja424
05-25-2011, 07:12 AM
You guys are failing to look at things like defense or selfishness at player traits. As an athlete Amare is far superior to Bosh... as a scorer they can both bring it and are pretty even... neither is a great rebounder, although Bosh has a slight edge in his career... Bosh is a far superior defender... and most importantly, Bosh is excelling in his role as the third guy on the team. Bosh sacrificed his stats and personal accolades to go a winning team, while Stat left a winning team to chase more stats and personal accolades. Id much rather have a guy who is willing to sacrifice to win... MUCH!

PHX2daDEATH
05-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Bosh aint exactly Rodman or Howard on the rebounds much like Amare.. i think Id rather have a team built around Stat..Bosh is a follower not a leader...

Knicks21
05-25-2011, 08:18 AM
HA!

Sometimes, you stats nerds just have to take a step back and actually watch a game. Deep hearted, w/o the homerism, amare is a better player, bosh is a better fit for miami.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Sometimes, you stats nerds just have to take a step back and actually watch a game. Deep hearted, w/o the homerism, amare is a better player, bosh is a better fit for miami.

Amare is probably a beter one on one player...is that what you want to hear?

Unfortunately in the NBA... they play five-on-five... so being a team player, good defender, and intellegent about rotations/roles/etc is extremely important. Amare went to NY to prove to the world that he could be THE MAN on a team and lead a team to the promised land... and he can't.

Neither Amare nor Bosh can be the #1 player on an elite team. Bosh recognizes that and has learned to play off other guys... Stat doesn't get that. The recognition of one's weaknesses is one of the most critical parts of being a great player...

jockrider
05-25-2011, 10:07 AM
^ if your trying to say stat only wants to be the man than your sadly mistaken.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Im not trying to say it... I said it... and its the truth...

He went to NY to be a star. He was tired to sharing the spotlight... so he went to a team where he could be the #1...

Rego247
05-25-2011, 10:18 AM
You guys are failing to look at things like defense or selfishness at player traits. As an athlete Amare is far superior to Bosh... as a scorer they can both bring it and are pretty even... neither is a great rebounder, although Bosh has a slight edge in his career... Bosh is a far superior defender... and most importantly, Bosh is excelling in his role as the third guy on the team. Bosh sacrificed his stats and personal accolades to go a winning team, while Stat left a winning team to chase more stats and personal accolades. Id much rather have a guy who is willing to sacrifice to win... MUCH!

what accolades are you referring to?

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM
what accolades are you referring to?

all star appearance... all nba teams... MVP consideration (he was a favorite for the first half of last year)

NYK|NYY
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM

He went to NY to be a star. He was tired to sharing the spotlight... so he went to a team where he could be the #1...

What? He went to NY to get 100 million dollar contract. That is the only reason why he signed with us.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:26 AM
yup... and Bosh, Lebron, Wade, Boozer all took less money to play for a winner...

...your strengthening my argument for me here...

Rego247
05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
all star appearance... all nba teams... MVP consideration (he was a favorite for the first half of last year)

not a heavy favourite, however.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:38 AM
not a heavy favourite, however.

no...but he was mentioned in that breathe... something that will probably never happen again...

Da Knicks
05-25-2011, 10:50 AM
yup... and Bosh, Lebron, Wade, Boozer all took less money to play for a winner...

lol

Jetsguy
05-25-2011, 10:56 AM

who offered Boozer more money?

daleja424
05-25-2011, 10:58 AM
who offered Boozer more money?

LOL. fair enough. He was SUPPOSEDLY a max guy and he didn't end up signing for the max. As far as I know he was only interested in playing for the HEAT or Bulls though...

Minimal
05-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Amare - bad defense, Bosh - average defense
Amare - bad rebounding in a fast paced team, Bosh - average rebounding in slow paced team
Amare - good offense, Bosh - good offense

I would call it draw or Bosh is better.

jockrider
05-25-2011, 11:40 AM

thats why he was trying to get into the free agent summit in the summer? or why went lobbying for mello couple months in?

jockrider
05-25-2011, 11:42 AM

its a business... i know amares contract is a year shorter but they make 10 mill more by the time their contract is over.

jockrider
05-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Amare - bad rebounding in a fast paced team, Bosh - average rebounding in slow paced team

lol that was a useless analysis

daleja424
05-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Listen... Amare made it clear that stardome and money were more important than winning... that is clear. Im not saying that he doesnt want to win...but his number one and two priorities were playing in the spotlight and making the max. To think otherwise is counterfactual.

PlezPlayDKnicks
05-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Listen... Amare made it clear that stardome and money were more important than winning... that is clear. Im not saying that he doesnt want to win...but his number one and two priorities were playing in the spotlight and making the max. To think otherwise is counterfactual.

The same can be said for the trio. Win Big, Get Stardom like the Lakers, Old bulls, Celtics etc etc... They didnt lose that much money with thier contracts and they all get exposure more than they would being apart. The extreme backlash was unexpected. But that was more due to the Decision and the other fan bases feeling snubbed by the parade of Free Agency. It was obvious the trio wanted it all.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 12:07 PM
No the same can not be said for the trio. None of them were seeking individual glory anymore... they wanted to win. All of them left money on the table (money that paid for the heat to sign udonis and mike miller)... while Stat left a better situation to chase the MAX.

You are skewing the facts. The trio and Stat had very very different motivations this offseason.

mikealike305
05-25-2011, 12:09 PM
^including winning. Something stat wasnt after

AllBall
05-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Amare isn't clutch.

jockrider
05-25-2011, 12:43 PM

lol clearly bosh did it for stardome, he came back to toronto sports channel *****ing about how he was never on nattv and how he can get that chance in MIA he tweets "omg look at how much nat.tv game im going to be on" to think other wise is false.

jockrider
05-25-2011, 12:44 PM
No the same can not be said for the trio. None of them were seeking individual glory anymore... they wanted to win. All of them left money on the table (money that paid for the heat to sign udonis and mike miller)... while Stat left a better situation to chase the MAX.

You are skewing the facts. The trio and Stat had very very different motivations this offseason.

lol the suns did not offer him his money or even close.

jockrider
05-25-2011, 12:46 PM
“Really, it’s all about being on TV at the end of the day,” the five-time all-star said Tuesday. “Seriously. A guy can average 20 (points) and 10 (rebounds), and nobody really cares. If you don’t see it (on U.S. national TV), then it doesn’t really happen.”

jockrider
05-25-2011, 12:48 PM
"Back in 2006-07, we were the third-best team in the Eastern Conference. The next year, we never really got on any TV games. For me, everybody doesn't have an NBA (TV) package with my family. That's all I ever wanted to do -- play on (national television) in front of my family and get that national exposure. I think, at the time, we deserved it."

daleja424
05-25-2011, 12:51 PM
lol the suns did not offer him his money or even close.

The Suns offered him 5/95 actually...
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17532/final-nail-in-coffin-for-suns-and-amare

As for the Bosh quote... IMO all he meant was that he wanted to play in games that mattered. He didn't want to continue to put up stats... he wanted to play in big time games on the big stage. There is a certain element of desire for name recognition there, but there is also clearly a desire to get a chance on the big stage...where it actually matters.

daleja424
05-25-2011, 12:52 PM
But thats not relavent to Stat. Stat got a ton of National tv games in phoenix. He moved not NY to prove he could be a number 1... and he can't be.

Tuck&Rolle
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM

Amare- Bad rebounding Bosh- Average rebounding

Amare- Average defense Bosh- Average defense

Amare- Elite scorer Bosh- Good scorer

Amare is better

**** you in the face :D

jockrider
05-25-2011, 01:11 PM
The Suns offered him 5/95 actually...
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17532/final-nail-in-coffin-for-suns-and-amare

As for the Bosh quote... IMO all he meant was that he wanted to play in games that mattered. He didn't want to continue to put up stats... he wanted to play in big time games on the big stage. There is a certain element of desire for name recognition there, but there is also clearly a desire to get a chance on the big stage...where it actually matters.

so you would accept 5 mill less to play for phx over NY who had ton of cap space and were interested in compiling a super team? amare said he signed in new york because they had potential to bring in great players

"No one wanted to make the first move and I feel confident enough to take that first step and hopefully now we can bring a few guys in to join me," Stoudemire said.

clearly he knew that it wasn't going to be just him.

and with chris this guy is a attention seeker same guy who said "i want to be the centerpiece not a addition" and then admits he was playing with the medias mind. you should have seen when he came on toronto sportsnet he was *****ing and i mean *****ing about not being on nattv like thats all that means to him and as if he deserved it or something leading us to one winning season doesn't give you that

yesethe1
05-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Amare- Bad rebounding Bosh- Average rebounding

Amare- Average defense Bosh- Average defense

Amare- Elite scorer Bosh- Good scorer

Amare is better

**** you in the face :D

I think you may want to be on someone's face. :p

Punk
05-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Amare is a solid rebounder when he puts his mind to it like in Game 4 he had 8 rebounds at halftime.

Now, that we have Melo he should focus on rebounding more now that his mindset doesn't have to be scoring all the time.

Anyhow, Amare > Bosh. Clearly.

NYKnickFanatic
05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Whose getting mad? We are comparing our 3rd option to your first option and they are about a wash...

Our first option or our second option? (Melo...)

C_Mund
05-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Amare is probably a beter one on one player...is that what you want to hear?

Unfortunately in the NBA... they play five-on-five... so being a team player, good defender, and intellegent about rotations/roles/etc is extremely important. Amare went to NY to prove to the world that he could be THE MAN on a team and lead a team to the promised land... and he can't.

Neither Amare nor Bosh can be the #1 player on an elite team. Bosh recognizes that and has learned to play off other guys... Stat doesn't get that. The recognition of one's weaknesses is one of the most critical parts of being a great player...

I'm sorry.....recognizing that you're not great does not, in fact, make you great. That's like saying "I know I'm not as good as Stat, and this revelation makes me better than him."
If Barkley realized that he'd never beat MJ, would he have been a greater player for joining his team? Absolutely not.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a raps fan and for Bosh's whole tenure in TO I touted that he was better, but watching the way Amare picked teams apart this year without having to be fed open jump shots humbled me.
....this is what Miami fans seem to be missing from these arguments. Just because your team has the most talent doesn't make each of your players tops in the league. Same with Mike Miller. He took less money to play for the Heat. Does this make him a better player? No. Is he a good value to the Heat compared to other 2's they could have gotten with the same pay? Yup.
All in all, If you put Bosh on the Knicks this year I don't see how they could have made the playoffs.

Bornknick73
05-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Bosh>Amare

Is that the same Amare who was destroying your whole frontcourt in game 1 before blowing his back out before game 2?

AllBall
05-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Its the same Amare that got destroyed by Joel Anthony. :laugh:

Bornknick73
05-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Its the same Amare that got destroyed by Joel Anthony. :laugh:

Oh i remember that, the regular season Amar'e that was worn down from carrying us the majority of the season. And your boy didnt help you have a winning record against us so....

AllBall
05-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Oh, regular season. Yeah, lets bring up injury prone playoff Amare. Much better comparison. :laugh2:

Jonnyiscool222
05-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Shooting (Bosh>Amare) ..... Driving it in (Bosh<Amare)

Tuck&Rolle
05-25-2011, 07:15 PM
I think you may want to be on someone's face. :p

Yea your moms :rimshot:

Evolution23
05-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Bosh is better cause he looks like a ostrich

KnicksFan1024
05-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Chris Bosh is trash. He's soft as ****. He constantly gets layups and wide open jump shots because he has Lebron and Wade distributing to him. Amare had nobody this year and he still had a better season.

When Amare was in Phoenix with Nash the dude shot 59% from the field one season. Bosh has never and will never come close to that.... if NY gets Paul Amare's efficiency will shoot back up again. (It's already good now and better than Bosh's but it'll obviously improve even more.)

If you put Amare on this heat team he'd average 25/8 with 55-60% shooting from the field. And he'd give you 1.5-2 blocks a game as well.

Amare > Bosh

it's not even close

Voodoo Alchemy
05-25-2011, 07:43 PM
If bosh is so soft .....why did he avg more rebounds than amare?...just had this convo...

cuz amare is softer than bosh that's why. he's not lazy of defense, just clueless. amare + melo are one and done and will be for the rest of their careers.

justinnum1
05-25-2011, 08:10 PM
cuz amare is softer than bosh that's why. He's not lazy of defense, just clueless. Amare + melo are one and done and will be for the rest of their careers.

+1

AllOut305
05-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Is that the same Amare who was destroying your whole frontcourt in game 1 before blowing his back out before game 2?

lol.. Heat>Knicks.. for the next 6-7 years..

If what you guys want to hear that AMARE is slightly better a player than bosh.. take it we don't care.. You are comparing argueably your first option to our third...:clap:

Knicks can continue to try and catch up to what miami has done.. but you do not have Pat Riley in your office nor do you have anyone who can play defense... Such a pointless argument

EaglePride615
05-25-2011, 08:44 PM
like i said before. melo and amare dont play d. they must have never learned how to. what makes wade such a good player, not his jumper, his all game d. the steals, blocks, closeouts. not to say hes a bad offensive player, hes my favorite player in the league, but his hustle and heart is what does it.

beasted86
05-25-2011, 08:46 PM

Amare WAS the better player... he hasn't exactly shown that in the past 2+ years, and basically peaked at year 3.

If we are talking about Amare in 04-05 or even 07-08, sure he's a lot better than Bosh ever has been even at his very best. Amare right now, allergic to defense and rebounding, and despite playing in one of the fastest paced offenses both in Phoenix & NY, hasn't produced better stats.

Amare supporters will always want to ignore PER because it's pretty obvious that it makes Amare look poor since he usually plays more minutes than the other top PFs and plays in a faster paced system ALWAYS. But these are things to take into consideration. I'm not going to be impressed with Michael Beasley's rise to 20 PPG in a breakneck fast pace system compared to the Heat's, nor am I going to be with Amare scoring 2-3 more points than Bosh's stats when he played in that same #1 option role.

But anyhow this is my last post in here. You guys can have at it, all I know is we as Heat fans like Bosh and wouldn't swap him with Amare, and I'm sure Knick fans feel the same.

ATX
05-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Chris Bosh is trash. He's soft as ****. He constantly gets layups and wide open jump shots because he has Lebron and Wade distributing to him. Amare had nobody this year and he still had a better season.

When Amare was in Phoenix with Nash the dude shot 59% from the field one season. Bosh has never and will never come close to that.... if NY gets Paul Amare's efficiency will shoot back up again. (It's already good now and better than Bosh's but it'll obviously improve even more.)

If you put Amare on this heat team he'd average 25/8 with 55-60% shooting from the field. And he'd give you 1.5-2 blocks a game as well.

Amare > Bosh

it's not even close

:facepalm:

He constantly gets open looks is part of your argument for Bosh's success? Well, how did he do in Toronto when he didn't have LBJ and Wade on his team? I think his numbers were pretty damn close to Amare's, with the rebounding and scoring edge going to Bosh. Amare had Nash too to feed him in Phx...Plenty of open looks there right? Plenty of dunks to assist the FG%. Is Amare the more physical player? Yes. Is he the more dominant player? Yes. You have to factor in their roles, and to say Bosh is trash is just ridiculous. Let's not even get into Defense, as clearly Bosh is the better of the two. Bosh's game is more versatile, with finesse (or "Soft" If that makes you feel better) being apart of it. Not all players are pure brute like Amare, Shaq, Howard, LBJ, etc. Just remember there are two sides to the court.

Playing the what if game again. You throw out the 25 and 8 that Amare averaged this season in NY as compared to the 18.7 and 8.3 that Bosh averaged in Miami. Truth is, is that like Bosh in Miami, Amare would NOT be the first option, and his scoring and rebounding numbers would fall. I thought we all understood this by now. Bosh has been THE PERFECT third option for the Heat. He took some time to find his game as a third option, but look how well he's doing now in the playoffs. He's found his niche, and is a key piece to what very well may be a Championship Team. This is no knock on Amare, because I think he's a great player, and any team would be lucky to have him, but he's sitting at home while CB1 is helping the Heat as a major cog, make a serious run at the title. This maybe what truly irks you, but that's just speculation.

Tuck&Rolle
05-26-2011, 01:19 PM
cuz amare is softer than bosh that's why. he's not lazy of defense, just clueless. amare + melo are one and done and will be for the rest of their careers.

Mean while both have made it to the western confernce finals.. So much for one and done.

Tuck&Rolle
05-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Amare WAS the better player... he hasn't exactly shown that in the past 2+ years, and basically peaked at year 3.

If we are talking about Amare in 04-05 or even 07-08, sure he's a lot better than Bosh ever has been even at his very best. Amare right now, allergic to defense and rebounding, and despite playing in one of the fastest paced offenses both in Phoenix & NY, hasn't produced better stats.

Amare supporters will always want to ignore PER because it's pretty obvious that it makes Amare look poor since he usually plays more minutes than the other top PFs and plays in a faster paced system ALWAYS. But these are things to take into consideration. I'm not going to be impressed with Michael Beasley's rise to 20 PPG in a breakneck fast pace system compared to the Heat's, nor am I going to be with Amare scoring 2-3 more points than Bosh's stats when he played in that same #1 option role.

But anyhow this is my last post in here. You guys can have at it, all I know is we as Heat fans like Bosh and wouldn't swap him with Amare, and I'm sure Knick fans feel the same.

Look maybe your into all those advanced stats and per type **** but I think it's a joke. That goes for no matter what sport or player your talking about. Did you techinically Mark Texiera is not a good fielding first baseman? No because he's one of the best if not the best but according to stupid little stats like that they say he's not...

The only reason your getting consumed in that **** is because your a Heat and Bosh fan. Don't even lie, you know I'm right.

Look at the real stats, Amare wins in just about every category. Therefore he is better.

KnickNyKnick
05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
lol i love the trolling and homerism here.

We all know Stat has had a better career Injurys and all. ROY, WCF, Top scorer at the Allstar game. (and thats at the highest level) Granted if Bosh gets a ring this year you could add that to his Accomplishments. But he still wont be better lol.

Bosh compliments the heat. but he is not better all around. Also stat played out of position this year. When the knicks get a real center and move him back to PF your gonna see the real force that Amare is. Better Mid range, Finisher, Blocker. You can give Bosh the Rebounding but by what? 1-2 rebs a game?

Career wise, Stat 8.3 rebs - Bosh 9.2?

This is the bases on saying bosh is better overall? I dont think so tim. Even if he was still at PHO i would consider him better. Stat even avg less minutes a game overall.

AllBall
05-26-2011, 04:56 PM
And the excuses for Amare keep pouring in. :rolleyes:

John Walls Era
05-26-2011, 04:58 PM

Amare > Bosh

it's not even close

Posts like these don't really help Amare's cause.

knicks4life33
05-26-2011, 08:14 PM
wow do people really think bosh is better then amare cause take the crack pipe out of your mouth

KnickNyKnick
05-26-2011, 11:05 PM
And the excuses for Amare keep pouring in. :rolleyes:

actually the facts keep pouring in mate :D

HiphopRelated
05-29-2011, 12:46 PM
wow do people really think bosh is better then amare cause take the crack pipe out of your mouth

yes, it's why most Heat fans wanted him over Amare to begin with.

Amare's turnover prone, offer nothing but scoring game isn't important to the Heat.

Where is he getting all these shots from to average 25/game?

ryang
05-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Amare = injury... this year showed why we didnt sign him... Hopefully for him he doesnt keep missing important games if so BOSH > amare.. this arguement is pointless seriously whats the point?? Knicks < HEAT

Hoopsadvocate
05-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Hey whens the last time amare went to the finals... OH wait!!!

ryang
05-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey whens the last time amare went to the finals... OH wait!!!

When the knicks got him:D

daricoliver
05-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Bosh really changed my opinion of him. I always liked him, but thought he was too passive this year playing with Lebron and Wade. He was so huge for them almost the entire series with Chicago. I thought he would disappear in the series after his big game, but he was dominant all series and far outplayed Boozer and Noah combined. He hit big time shots and actually played good defense. Stat is more explosive, but Bosh is the more solid and steady player who can come up big when he needs to. I would take Bosh