PDA

View Full Version : How Much Trade Value Does Greg Oden Have?

Savage Sunday
05-21-2011, 01:56 AM
How much value do you think he has?

I know this forum is split 50/50 between those who still think Greg Oden can get healthy and start producing at the high level hes shown flashes of doing consistently and there are others who think he'll always be injured and isnt worth much.

Obviously if he hits the Free Agent market, there are teams like Miami, Boston, New York, San Antonio, etc well basically everybody who needs a Center that will be interested for the MLE. The commitment in years or even a salary over the MLE would depend on how much of a risk a team is willing to take on his bad injury luck.

If you're a fan of a team in the Lottery who needs a Center like Minnesota(#2), Cleveland(#4), Toronto(#5), Golden State(#11) would you trade your 1st Round Pick for Oden?

Just look at the league right now, a Center with Oden's size, talent, & potential could really be a major factor in a Title run.

Afridi786
05-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Mid lotto pick + fillers would be my guess. Blazers will want a ton for him otherwise they'll ride it out.

Giraffes Rule
05-21-2011, 02:01 AM
I don't think any team would trade for him unless he was part of a trade for a proven player, or if it was a low risk move (like a first round pick in the 20s). Otherwise, they'd rather not take the risk. He'd probably have a dozen teams pursuing him in free agency though.

Savage Sunday
05-21-2011, 02:08 AM
I don't think any team would trade for him unless he was part of a trade for a proven player, or if it was a low risk move (like a first round pick in the 20s). Otherwise, they'd rather not take the risk. He'd probably have a dozen teams pursuing him in free agency though.

Well the Blazers lost out big time when they gave up on Jermaine O'Neal after 4 years. He turned into an All Star and became one of the 5 best PF's in the NBA for about 5 years.

But the Wizards once gave up on Kwame Brown to the Lakers and they got back an All Star in Caron Butler while Kwame became "Kwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamay Brown" in LA.

JPHX
05-21-2011, 02:16 AM
if the price is too steep teams will just wait till FA to get him at the right price.

Lake_Show2416
05-21-2011, 02:23 AM
a bag of chips...

GoatMilk
05-21-2011, 02:24 AM
cash considerations and a future 2nd round draft pick?

he has talent, but if im a GM, im not trading any player for him. not worth the risk (not any player Portland would be willing to take)

beasted86
05-21-2011, 02:27 AM
None. He's a free agent.

Why give away free picks to the Blazers when you could sign him outright?

Also, there are a couple free agent Centers out there that nobody needs to give the Blazers anything. If you offer him a contract, and Portland matches... Oh well... there's Nene, Chandler, M. Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Dalembert, Yao Ming, etc...

Raph12
05-21-2011, 03:00 AM
If he could bounce back, he'd be great...

Meloman
05-21-2011, 03:07 AM
To the right team, I think he'd be great. Think about it, how many chances do you have at a true franchise center. When you have one, take it. Personally, there are three teams I'd love to see him land with:

Cleveland: A healthy Oden could be the franchise player Kyrie Irving simply can't be, and that allows Irving to slide into a far more comfortable role as the sidekick. The difference is huge, look at how much being a sidekick helped Pau Gasol.

Indiana: Let's him go home, to a young team with a great core but no star. If he could be the franchise player, they have all the pieces in place to be a contender.

Phoenix: For everything Portland has done to gain a reputation as one of the worst training staffs in basketball (Bowie, Roy, Oden, this has to be a trend), Phoenix has done more to prove they are the best. This is the one place I'd have real confidence that he'd recover. And wouldn't this be the ultimate validation of that staff? Saving Greg Oden would be their masterpiece. Side note, why hasn't a rich or big market owner stolen them away? Couldn't Paul Allen or James Dolan afford to offer the entire staff double their salary? It amazes me that Sarver, who's fear of paying the luxury tax cost them titles, is paying them enough to stick around when they might be the most valuable non player asset in the league.

Blazers#1Fan
05-21-2011, 03:39 AM
We will sign the tender to make him a RFA and a team will have to pay him like 9million to get him which I highly doubt any teams will then are plans are around 4years 40mill contract his agent mike conley sr said he's dropping weight to be his old self again(he gained around 50 when he was drafted) he will be a Portland trail blazer no team will sign him and we probably won't keep Andre Miller but since roys game is getting better again he will probably play point (CP3 had the same problems as Roys Knees no miniscus) nobody will pay Oden as much as we will. he was a good Center for us when he was able to play just his body wasn't use to the weight he gained he will be just as good as Andrew Bynum mark my words....then hopefully we could trade him for D12 :pray: :drool: I can wish right?

Next years lineup

Camby/Oden
LA/C.Johnson
Wallace/Batum
Matthews/Rudy
Roy/A.Johnson/Williams

KniCks4LiFe
05-21-2011, 03:44 AM
Expect the major teams in the East to be interested.

Blazers#1Fan
05-21-2011, 03:58 AM
To the right team, I think he'd be great. Think about it, how many chances do you have at a true franchise center. When you have one, take it. Personally, there are three teams I'd love to see him land with:

Cleveland: A healthy Oden could be the franchise player Kyrie Irving simply can't be, and that allows Irving to slide into a far more comfortable role as the sidekick. The difference is huge, look at how much being a sidekick helped Pau Gasol.

Indiana: Let's him go home, to a young team with a great core but no star. If he could be the franchise player, they have all the pieces in place to be a contender.

Phoenix: For everything Portland has done to gain a reputation as one of the worst training staffs in basketball (Bowie, Roy, Oden, this has to be a trend), Phoenix has done more to prove they are the best. This is the one place I'd have real confidence that he'd recover. And wouldn't this be the ultimate validation of that staff? Saving Greg Oden would be their masterpiece. Side note, why hasn't a rich or big market owner stolen them away? Couldn't Paul Allen or James Dolan afford to offer the entire staff double their salary? It amazes me that Sarver, who's fear of paying the luxury tax cost them titles, is paying them enough to stick around when they might be the most valuable non player asset in the league.

How is it are staffs fault of injurys its not like you can stop injurys to happen big guys get injured everybody knew Roy had Knee problems when he was drafted why do you think he fell and Twolves traded him! Everybody knew his problems when he was at Washington I know I met him a few times when he went to washington and played at Garfield(son went to the same school as him was a year younger though)!

Oden also had injury history but nobody was gonna pass on a 7 footer who blocks anything around him and can score. he also gained to much muscle and fat which his skinny legs couldn't handle pure fact to much weight on top to skinny lower body doesn't add up

Bowie - we have the same staff as we did in what 86? :facepalm:

Not saying the staffs great but you can't blame those problems on them we never had a problem until Kevin Pritchard started doing the drafting he just got players with injury history

bowie was just a bad move not part of KP's move just a bad move

Not trying to slander your post I know are staff are not great but there not horrible its just something that happens at times that you can't stop its Oden who gained the weight because people got in his ear told him to get bigger so he can beast so he did and it didn't help

Roy prior knee problems

Bowie just sucked

jimbobjarree
05-21-2011, 06:15 AM
he's the equivalent of paying a really old looking and ugly cheerleader 6 million a year. So unless you like old looking, ugly cheerleaders, he doesn't have any value.

IamKaiserSoze
05-21-2011, 10:02 AM
there was a big debate as to who should have been taken first that year. oden or durant. i was on the oden side. i was wrong. this guy is the definition of bust. i'd even say he is at the very least in the conversation of worst #1 picks of all time. can he get healthy? maybe even dominate again? sure. maybe. but do it. stop saying if he does this or if he does that. until he does it...he has no value.

dtmagnet
05-21-2011, 11:49 AM
He's never going to play again, so why would I trade for him or even offer him a contract?

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 11:57 AM
i'd take him for the 5year/ $5 million. 3 years plus two team option in the last two years.

VictimUK
05-21-2011, 12:43 PM
He's never going to play again, so why would I trade for him or even offer him a contract?

agreed, he's never gonna see the court, if he hasn't played for this long and keeps getting setbacks, it ain't gonna happen.

KnicksR4Real
05-21-2011, 12:48 PM
apparently the blazers want him. soo... ya

FriedTofuz
05-21-2011, 01:04 PM
His potential is still high. Therefore, his trade value can still be high. He hasnt really got much playing time due to this injuries accumulated over the past few years. When he was healthy, he was playing at a high level and looked promising for the future. He averaged 13 pts 9 rebs and 3 blks in 25 min until his injury took him down. For his age, and his potential, he therefore has alot of trade value and chance of aquiring a big contract.

artest_kobe
05-21-2011, 01:08 PM
hahahaa great question. if the nba had 6 rounds in the draft, he would be worth an 9th round pick

VictimUK
05-21-2011, 01:18 PM
apparently the blazers want him. soo... ya
probably because they can't admit they made a mistake IMO

Atownballa5
05-21-2011, 01:20 PM
am i the only that still has faith he can be something? maybe not the great player he was supposed to be but when hes healthy he shows what he can do

Raph12
05-21-2011, 02:33 PM
http:rad.yahoo.===== http://www.bingstore.us =====

50%off ca,ed hardy t-shirt$15 jeans,coach handbag$33,air max90,dunk,polo t-shirt$13,,lacoste t-shirt $13 air jordan for sale,$35,nfl nba jersy for sale

puma gucci$35,nike jordans six ring,yeezy$%5!!

new era caps$13 gucci handbags jeans,t-shirts sunglass,caps

true religion jeans$35,ca,ed hardy jeans$35

LV,CHANAL,HANDBAGS$35

NIKE SHOX+AIR MAX+TL3+OZ+NZ ONLY $35

UGG TIMBLAND+LACOSTE SHOES+ED HARDY SHOES$35

DIESEL T-SHIRT,GSTAR T-SHIRT,CA T-SHIRT,50% OFF FOR SALE $15

DIOR SUNGLASS,DG SUNGLASS$15

our website: ===== http://www.bingstore.us =====

Exactly now if Oden continues to wear clothing like this, he'll never get healthy...

iliketurtles24
05-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Exactly now if Oden continues to wear clothing like this, he'll never get healthy...

hahahahh good one

drobe86
05-21-2011, 10:23 PM
How about none. Oden is a bum and I wouldn't give you a Snickers Bar with Almonds for him. Just a big waste of talent

saucy1
05-21-2011, 10:38 PM
ill give u biedrins and a hug

hugepatsfan
05-21-2011, 10:49 PM
I'd like to see Love and Oden together. Just curious what type of fit that would be.

mttwlsn16
05-21-2011, 11:47 PM
about as much trade value as his knees have health value

Savage Sunday
05-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Wow at some of these comments. Just because you never saw him play doesnt mean he is on the same talent level as Darko or Kwame. On the court he is far better than both, the problem has been him getting on the court. Just because hes had some bad luck with injuries doesnt mean he isnt talented it also doesnt mean that he can not string together a healthy season. A guy like Marcus Camby is a prime example of this, people forget that once many thought he was a bust and his career was over.

Oden doesn't have an arthritic knee, injured back, or bones growing together in his feet. He doesn't have 1 injury that will continue to affect him throughout his career as the appendage continues to break down. He has just had some bad luck.

A lot of dumb basketball fans on here.

Oden's potential can not be overlooked until he officially retires from basketball. You dont see many 7'0 C's in this game and if he never becomes what people thought he could be as an All Star, he'll still be better than Kendrick Perkins or Tyson Chandler.

mttwlsn16
05-21-2011, 11:49 PM

:laugh:

Savage Sunday
05-21-2011, 11:57 PM
am i the only that still has faith he can be something? maybe not the great player he was supposed to be but when hes healthy he shows what he can do

You're not the only one.

I've seen him play, at the very least he can be a Defensive C who anchors a team. The question was when the offensive game would come as in a Center who can carry a team on his back. Im not sure if he'll ever be on Dwight's level on offense, but he'll be up there with Dwight in terms of rebounding & shotblocking.

He just has to get healthy. It sounds so simple, but it comes along with luck. We've learned in the NBA that all you need is 1 good, healthy season as a Center to make a boatload of money. Hes only 23. I'm willing to bet he can put together 1 season where he plays at least 70 games in his career.

BradyIsTheMan12
05-22-2011, 12:24 AM
None. He's a free agent.

Why give away free picks to the Blazers when you could sign him outright?

Also, there are a couple free agent Centers out there that nobody needs to give the Blazers anything. If you offer him a contract, and Portland matches... Oh well... there's Nene, Chandler, M. Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Dalembert, Yao Ming, etc...

This isn't me saying that he is tradeable, but what you are saying is incorrect. We will most likely throw a qualifying offer Oden's way, allowing us to make him a restricted free agent. I'd be surprised if we didn't match any offer.

still1ballin
05-22-2011, 12:30 AM
peanuts