PDA

View Full Version : Enes Kanter = Diva??? skips interviews with 3 lottery teams

fadedmario
05-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Enes Kanter reportedly refused to participate in interviews with the Utah Jazz, Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks. The Jazz hold the No. 3 and No. 12 picks in the draft, the Raptors are the No. 5 pick and the Bucks are the No. 10 selection.

This early in the process, refusing to interview with teams is highly unusual. The only explanations: Kanter doesn't want to play for those teams or he does want to play for someone else.

On Thursday, CSNWashington.com reported that Kanter's preference was the Washington Wizards, who hold the No. 6 pick.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/29447601?source=rss_blogs_NBA

Thoughts?

Savage Sunday
05-21-2011, 01:59 AM
Well he did schedule a workout with the Jazz, although it doesnt seem likely he'll go there.

He said he wants to play for the Wizards. Wizards need to make it happen only if they really want him as much as he wants them due to playing in DC with a PG like John Wall.

#6 + Javale McGee is enough to move up to either #3 or #4.

Jewelz0376
05-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Don't hate the player...hate the game

Raph12
05-21-2011, 03:01 AM
Atleast he's letting them know straight up and not pulling a Rubio on them...

Meloman
05-21-2011, 03:10 AM
It means one of a few things. Maybe he has a promise from the #2 Twolves (doubtful at this stage, but I'd put nothing past Kahn). Maybe he doesn't want to play for those teams (seems fairly likely, but would you?) Or maybe he just doesn't want to affect his draft stock negatively by interviewing. After all, the only real image scouts have of him is his decimation of Jared Sullinger at the Hoops Summit, why would he wanna mess that up? Obviously this isn't good press, but better to shut up and let them assume you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove them right.

alencp3
05-21-2011, 03:11 AM
he already said he wants to play for the wizards

fadedmario
05-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Kanter is severely overrated imo

jakedajewler
05-21-2011, 04:09 AM

what this guy said, if he wants to go to wiz then let him, as a raptors fan I don't want another white euro from turkey, it sounds like a nightmare

jimbobjarree
05-21-2011, 06:11 AM
cant speak for the other teams, but he's not interviewing with the Jazz because he is spending all day on June 2nd working out+interviewing with us.

Lindystud36
05-21-2011, 07:45 AM

I would do the same thing, he see's promise in Washington, he must not want to go to the Cav's only to leave them in 7 years!

If I was Kanter, I would recognize I am going to make enough money in my career, and I would go to the team i feel can win.

If I am Brandon Knight I develop an attitude, fake an injury, and get myself drafted by the Knights

If I am Kemba Walker I run a charity event in Cleveland, and manufacture the fact I want to be taken at 4 because I do not know how long I will play in this league

mttwlsn16
05-21-2011, 09:38 AM

this

m26555
05-21-2011, 09:48 AM
A foreign player being a *****? What a surprise.

DeyAce
05-21-2011, 10:02 AM
He has Ekpe Udoh written all over him

steveshane67
05-21-2011, 10:04 AM

based on what???

im not saying hes underrated, ive never seen him play and no one has in a year

Brew Crew
05-21-2011, 10:13 AM
cant speak for the other teams, but he's not interviewing with the Jazz because he is spending all day on June 2nd working out+interviewing with us.

Whose us? PSD?

SP17
05-21-2011, 10:25 AM
At least his frank..he will be pick by the cavs or wiz.

John Walls Era
05-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Actually hes going to be pretty good. But I don't like what hes doing. Its not like the Raptors would draft him anyways....

GeekInThePink
05-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I could be completely wrong, but didn't Steph Curry only work out with certain teams and declare he'd love to be a Knick and later was drafted by G.S Warriors and love it?

Mishmin
05-21-2011, 10:34 AM
He'll be nice in the league. He's got to meet up with the jazz though. Great chance he goes at #3.

Solo was nice too.

dhopisthename
05-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Whose us? PSD?

the jazz. thats why he blew them off

dtmagnet
05-21-2011, 11:45 AM
He won't fall past the Raptors so I don't think the Wizards have a shot at him without trading up.

saucy1
05-21-2011, 12:04 PM
would you want to go to milwaukee youd have to become a raging alcoholic to sleep with those women:clap:

CeeDub15
05-21-2011, 12:08 PM
However, it's difficult to predict which team will acquire his services. Kanter reportedly skipped interviews with the Utah Jazz, Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks. The likely reason? He loves the idea of playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards.

Kanter has been friends with fellow Turkish phenom Semih Erden since childhood and would love to reunite with him in Cleveland. He is also good friends with John Wall thanks to their Kentucky connection, which is why he has expressed a desire to play for Washington. He believes Minnesota has an excellent team and predicted that they would make the playoffs next season if Ricky Rubio signed.

By skipping meetings, Kanter is likely trying to force his way to one of those three teams.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/05/21/enes.kanter.angling.be.drafted.either.cavaliers.ti mberwolves.or.wizards

Very supsrised to see 2 top players in the draft (Dwill and Kanter) want to come to Minnesota. I hope this is a sign for years to come lol.

Atownballa5
05-21-2011, 12:21 PM
what this guy said, if he wants to go to wiz then let him, as a raptors fan I don't want another white euro from turkey, it sounds like a nightmare

hahah my friend is a raps fan and all he says is they better not draft another international

VictimUK
05-21-2011, 12:27 PM
I can understand why he didn't talk to the bucks and the Jazz, both of their center spots are pretty packed and who wouldn't want to play with a future all star point guard over Brandon Jennings and no one. Don't know why he refused the raptors though

jimbobjarree
05-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Whose us? PSD?

utawww

llemon
05-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Don't hate the player...hate the game

I hate both.

FriedTofuz
05-21-2011, 12:58 PM

Who knows, if he gets drafted by a team he does not like, he may chose to play overseas.

Hawkeye15
05-21-2011, 02:22 PM
who cares? This is very common today. Players in the high lottery have been doing this for years.

Hawkeye15
05-21-2011, 02:24 PM

Rubio was fed incorrect information. He and his camp were certain that he was a top 3 pick, thereby allowing him to pay his buyout and still earn a living. When he fell out of the top 5, it made it basically impossible for him to sign.

What Kanter is doing is very common in today's draftees. There are players every year who refuse to visit teams. Nothing new here in the slightest.

jockrider
05-21-2011, 02:37 PM
chadfordinsider Chad Ford
Now hearing Jazz will spend all day with Enes Kanter on June 2nd in Chicago. Will see him workout + interview. He's not dodging Jazz.

papipapsmanny
05-21-2011, 02:46 PM
is he a C or PF?

jockrider
05-21-2011, 02:48 PM
is he a C or PF?

with the measurements he has legit size for a center but he said he wants to be a pf.

tredigs
05-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Well he did schedule a workout with the Jazz, although it doesnt seem likely he'll go there.

He said he wants to play for the Wizards. Wizards need to make it happen only if they really want him as much as he wants them due to playing in DC with a PG like John Wall.

#6 + Javale McGee is enough to move up to either #3 or #4.

Why in the world would they package their pick + a competent/growing young center for the most worthless 3/4 pick in my memory?

This is a draft with no tier 1 players, and only two tier 2 players. Not to say that some of these guys can't blossom, but we're looking at rotation players at best for the most part. In 3 years Kyrie Irving may be a top 10 point guard, but it's all downhill from there.

John Walls Era
05-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Wow... didn't know people liked Star Wars that much...

But yeah Enes Kanter in a Wiz jersey could be nice. Jonas Valanciunas is supposedly the better Big from Europe though.

papipapsmanny
05-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Since Rashard Lewis is stuck on the Wiz

Trade Blatche maybe even in a package with young (sign and trade) for something

And assuming Kanter falls in their laps

Wall
Crawford
Lewis (yea I know it would suck defensively but what else would be new with the Wiz.
Kanter
Mcgee

I dunno how that would work out

Dash
05-21-2011, 03:04 PM
He's doing this so the teams pass up on him so he can land to Wiz.

:shrug:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Doesn't matter. This guy has bust all over him.

Mile High Champ
05-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Kanter has proven nothing to anyone, I hate these kind of players that approach the NBA like this. I am shocked his agent did not step in and tell him this was a terrible PR move and of course from a draft standpoint. Players who missed all of last year need all he help they can get to show they are a viable option as a top 5 or 6 pick.

dhopisthename
05-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Kanter has proven nothing to anyone, I hate these kind of players that approach the NBA like this. I am shocked his agent did not step in and tell him this was a terrible PR move and of course from a draft standpoint. Players who missed all of last year need all he help they can get to show they are a viable option as a top 5 or 6 pick.

I bet his agent was the one who orchestrated everything

John Walls Era
05-21-2011, 07:56 PM

This only works because Kanter is suppose to be a top 5 pick. Dan Fegan (an agent) would actually orchestrate stuff like this (Rubio and Yi). I hate it too though because it means that players can basically force their way to teams they want to go, but it won't stop (Steve Francis is an example).

topdog
05-21-2011, 08:19 PM
What Kanter is doing is very common in today's draftees. There are players every year who refuse to visit teams. Nothing new here in the slightest.

Cousins did it just last year more-or-less. He interviewed at the combine but turned down workouts with the Wolves and I think one of the other top 5.

Bucsfan
05-21-2011, 08:51 PM

yeah cause american players never act like divas or act like a *****...cant even think of one...:rolleyes:

anyways if the Wiz offered Mcgee and the #6 for the Jazz #3 i would do that in a heartbeat and just hope somehow that knight or maybe even Walker fall to ya

koreancabbage
05-21-2011, 09:21 PM
he's not getting past 5th. Raptors will draft him if he falls to them. i doubt it cuz Cleveland should be getting a center, very dependent on their first overall. if Irving, then Kanter at 4th. If DWilliams, more likely Knight and less of Kanter.

stop saying he's a bust if you haven't seen him play against competition, nothing really to base your hate against him. wait till he plays 2-3 seasons in the NBA first before calling him a bust. and if he does prove you guys wrong, i bet you won't even comment or admit that you were wrong.

THE MTL
05-21-2011, 10:17 PM

Rubio was very clear as well. Everyone knew (including Minny....ie drafting Flynn) that he wasnt playing there

jim51990
05-21-2011, 11:32 PM
i have to strongly disagree with those who say hes overrated
i think he has all the tools to be the best player in this class (which i think will surprise people and produce alot of solid players )

Savage Sunday
05-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Wait, people are calling him a bust? He just turned 19.

Center's with just a little talent can carve out 7-15 year careers in the NBA right now. Kanter from everything I've seen has more than just a little bit of talent, the question becomes whether or not he will be productive on offense against NBA level size & athleticism.

MrfadeawayJB
05-22-2011, 12:07 AM

:clap:

MrfadeawayJB
05-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Wait, people are calling him a bust? He just turned 19.

Center's with just a little talent can carve out 7-15 year careers in the NBA right now. Kanter from everything I've seen has more than just a little bit of talent, the question becomes whether or not he will be productive on offense against NBA level size & athleticism.

I would never call him a bust. I think he might end up being the best prospect in this draft class when all is said and done. Although he clearly has a diva attitude already

mzgrizz
05-22-2011, 09:26 PM
I think any prospect that won't workout or do interviews should be forced to watch video of Rubio .... As good as he was, he's NOT in the big dance at the NBA

Hawkeye15
05-22-2011, 09:33 PM
again, I find it borderline hilarious anyone is making a big deal out of this. Numerous prospects have done this over the past 5 years.

gbpackers12
05-22-2011, 09:38 PM
I'll take him in Detroit. I'll take anything at this point.

John Walls Era
06-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Looks like he worked out for the Raptors on Monday.

tyfreaks brotha
06-07-2011, 03:57 PM
The Jazz have to many pf/c's worth playing time. Raptors just plain up suck and he won't fall to ten..... Honestly no reason to work out for a team if your gunna go atleast 5-7 spots ahead.

wjmoffatt
06-07-2011, 04:05 PM

Rubio said before the draft that he wouldn't come to the NBA if he would be selected by them. This is usual, Yi did this too.

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-07-2011, 06:26 PM
At least he'll let You kno(Rubio)

GiantsSwaGG
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Kanter is gonna suck, book it!