PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't J.J. Barea getting more minutes?

NetsPaint
05-19-2011, 05:26 PM
I know Kidd is still good and is a leader, but a lot of times they benefit from Barea's quickness. His penetration opens things up. He had 21 point in what, 16 minutes the other night? Granted, he only had one assist, but Dirk was doing most of the scoring anyway. It wasn't hurting the team.

What do you think? Should he get more time to speed things up?

MrfadeawayJB
05-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Mainly because he has a NBA hall of famer in front of him. He is probably one of those players who play better off the bench. I would be curious to see how well he could do given starters minutes when Kidd retires! Roddy Beabwho???

Tanakid777
05-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Mainly because he has a NBA hall of famer in front of him. He is probably one of those players who play better off the bench. I would be curious to see how well he could do given starters minutes when Kidd retires! Roddy Beabwho???

:clap: and :no: respectively. When healthy, Roddy is a nice asset to this team. He's good for 10-15 quick points

ddhulett
05-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Carlisle has a good rotation with all of the guys right now and they know their role.

Barea comes in to Spark the offense but you don't want to expose him too much because he is only 5'9 and can be a Liability on defense if he were out there anymore than he is.

Kidd is still a pretty good defender and it helps the fact Barea can come in and give us a spark so Kidd can rest.

It's a great balance that's worked so far.

NothingbutWill
05-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Great rotation and bench.

If every good player on the team is starting then their bench is going to suck like Miami's bench. It's not about who is better then who and how many minutes the player gets. It's about having a good rotation and going to your bench if one or more of your starters isn't performing well that night.

Besides, I think Baera is great off the bench and catches the other team off guard. For the majority of the time, they have to deal with Kidd and he isn't a drive and slash player. He prefers to make plays for other or shoot the open 3. Barea is a totally different player then Kidd and it surprises the other team.

mamba24
05-19-2011, 06:08 PM
I know Kidd is still good and is a leader, but a lot of times they benefit from Barea's quickness. His penetration opens things up. He had 21 point in what, 16 minutes the other night? Granted, he only had one assist, but Dirk was doing most of the scoring anyway. It wasn't hurting the team.

What do you think? Should he get more time to speed things up?

i think carlisle is using barea perfectly. barea is really a scoring pt guard. he is the playing the back up pt as well as anyone coulda hoped. he brings that change of pace that really throws teams off. he ruined the lakers. im a huuuuge lakers fan, but my hat is off to the mavs. they looked soooooo good against the lakers. i'm pulling for them to take out the heat in the finals!!!

BlondeBomber41
05-19-2011, 08:41 PM
If the rotation isn't broke, don't fix it.

Barea is good for a spark off the bench, but his size will hurt you for the long run. If that guy was 6 feet tall he'd be a starting PG somewhere in the league by now, just doesn't have the physical attributes to play really long minutes.

Chronz
05-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Because its easier to tell someone to go all out every possession if you tell them they wont be playing more than 12 minutes

Lim
05-20-2011, 03:53 AM
better question is why is he listed at 6'0? guy is 5'9 on a good day