PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron the most clutch player in the league

camador22
05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Now that Kobe fells off the face of the earth, is Lebron the king of clutch? He's proven to be clutch in the biggest stage and the biggest must win situations this season. Three huge games and about 8 huge clutch shots this season the question should be out there.

wmudford
05-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Nah dirk is looking more clutch than anybody right now

king4day
05-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Dirk for me.

SteBO
05-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Definitely Dirk right now. That guy is unbelieveabe. He's a man on a mission right now.

synister281
05-19-2011, 10:04 AM
I'd feel much more comfortable with the consensus answer Dirk than just about anyone right now. His size and his outside/inside game are insane.

Tarheels23
05-19-2011, 10:11 AM
While LeBron has proven to me that he has improved in clutch moments this year. There is still a list of players that I would rather have take a clutch SHOT (not clutch drive to the hoop).

In no order

Kobe
Wade
Ray Allen
Pierce
Anthony
Durant
Dirk
Manu

YankeeClipper5
05-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Right now, Dirk is on another level.

KingsOfQueens
05-19-2011, 10:15 AM
No way in hell.

Id still rather have the ball in Kobes, Wades, Dirks, Melos, Durants, or Allens hands to name a few.

twoearl
05-19-2011, 10:17 AM
No way in hell.

Id still rather have the ball in Kobes, Wades, Dirks, Melos, Durants, or Allens hands to name a few.

This. Bron is not even close to the top 15 yet.

Rentzias
05-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Love the reactionary threads that apply a small, very recent sample, to the entire league.

No.

ManRam
05-19-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm a big LeBron fan, but the answer is no. He is very clutch, for sure. There is no player in the league where the media/fans focus on the fails more than the successes. The fact is, he's had as much success in his career as almost every other single player.

I think Melo, Paul and Dirk are the only that are more clutch and have proven so over a good amount of time. Probably some others.

The thing LeBron has over most everyone else too is his clutch defense. Most other guys can't say that.

Statistically, he's been more clutch in his career than 75% of the guys you list. Kobe Bryant especially...he's a guy that shoots in the 30%s in the clutch, no matter how you define it (last shot, close/late games, etc.).

godolphins
05-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Dirk, Lebron has made some clutch shots in the playoffs this year but he's going to have to keep this up for about one or two years to be consider a top 10 clutch player.

lukeem21
05-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Why is every "clutch" player that everyone talking about ringless? Pretty sure you need to win a championship before you can even be considered for this...that's just my opinion though....

winning games in the regular season is like winning a game of horse in the driveway when comparing Lebroni to the best clutch players

justinnum1
05-19-2011, 10:39 AM
No. Melo or dirk for last second shot, but lebron has showed he is clutch.

justinnum1
05-19-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm a big LeBron fan, but the answer is no. He is very clutch, for sure. There is no player in the league where the media/fans focus on the fails more than the successes. The fact is, he's had as much success in his career as almost every other single player.

I think Melo, Paul and Dirk are the only that are more clutch and have proven so over a good amount of time. Probably some others.

The thing LeBron has over most everyone else too is his clutch defense. Most other guys can't say that.

Statistically, he's been more clutch in his career than 75% of the guys you list. Kobe Bryant especially...he's a guy that shoots in the 30%s in the clutch, no matter how you define it (last shot, close/late games, etc.).

Fantastic point. Lets not forget that offensive foul lebron took on pierce at the end of game 4. That was clutch.

Baller1
05-19-2011, 10:43 AM
No, but at least last night he was able to shut everyone up. He singlehandedly destroyed any chance of a comeback for Chicago.

I really hope we get to watch him play in the finals.

Chacarron
05-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Chris Paul and Dirk say no.

Double_R
05-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Weren't we just talking about how the Heat have been one of the worst clutch time teams.

I know the stat I saw on tv during the Sixers series?
ANyway it went as follows:
FG in Final 10 seconds of game tied or trailing by 3 or fewer, this season(postseason incl)
Lebron 1-8
Wade 0-5
Chalmers 0-2
House 0-2
Bosh 0-1
Miller 0-1

Knickrocketsfan
05-19-2011, 10:57 AM
plz durant is not clutch to those who think he is

daleja424
05-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Why does everyone feel the need to share all of their knee-jerk reactions...

Lebron had a good game he is the best... No wait, Dirk had a good game HE is the best... Wait, wait, wait Durant is pretty close... But who could forget about Kobe, he's soooooo clutch...

come on guys... this notion of clutch is rediculous. Can't we just say Lebron was really clutch last night and that's what makes him an elite player? You can't really give out an accurate superlative for a qualitative/subjective observation.

daleja424
05-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Weren't we just talking about how the Heat have been one of the worst clutch time teams.

FG in Final 10 seconds of game tied or trailing by 3 or fewer, this season(postseason incl)
Lebron 1-8
Wade 0-5
Chalmers 0-2
House 0-2
Bosh 0-1
Miller 0-1

And Lebron proved last night why that stat is DUMB. Who defines what clutch is? It seemed pretty clutch when Lebron took a tie game to a ten point game at the end of the 4th... but since he didn't take a shot in the last 10 seconds he isn't clutch? :eyebrow:

MagicHero3
05-19-2011, 11:11 AM
NO WAY. I cant wait to watch him BLOW IT again like he did in Clevland

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Soooo clutch now means who's playin the best...? :confused:

King Drew
05-19-2011, 11:22 AM
I cant really say who the king of clutch is but its def not lebron....

Mile High Champ
05-19-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't know how you go against Dirk at this point. What he has done in these playoffs has been truly incredible. He was simply outstanding in game 1 as many of you know and it an easy decision to anoint Dirk with the title as most clutch player in the NBA.

NYMETS2889
05-19-2011, 11:33 AM
this is what i hate about lebron he went 1-8 in game winning situations this season and people were knocking him, he has continually came up short in the playoffs throughout his career besides one prayer of a 3 and he has 2 or 3 soild late game showings and all of a sudden people are ready to crown him the most clutch? no shot

hes not even the most clutch guy on his team, and this series hes the 3rd highest at best, wade and rose are def more clutch then lebron

and another thing while you cant fight the system its alot easier to be clutch when d wade is on the floor with you and the defense cant lock up on just you, when teams have (lebrons clev days) he has proven not only is he not clutch but he most likely wont be

he is the most physically gifted/talented player in the league but he was born with out that closing/killer instinct you cant learn it

sep11ie
05-19-2011, 11:40 AM
No, the question should not be out there. Watch actual basketball games, not Sportscenter.

29$JerZ
05-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Melo and Dirk laugh at this

godolphins
05-19-2011, 11:49 AM

Lebron 1-8
Wade 0-5
Chalmers 0-2
House 0-2
Bosh 0-1
Miller 0-1

Don't put too much into those numbers.....

pd1dish
05-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Now that Kobe fells off the face of the earth, is Lebron the king of clutch? He's proven to be clutch in the biggest stage and the biggest must win situations this season. Three huge games and about 8 huge clutch shots this season the question should be out there.

yes, he has made some very clutch shots in these playoffs. however, how can he all of a sudden become "the most clutch player" when during the whole regular season, everyone was saying he isnt clutch at all. i forget what he ended up at the end of the regular season, but i believe it was something like 1/8 in game winning/tying shots at the end of the game. people were saying that the ball shouldnt be in Lebron's hands at the end of the game because he simply wasnt getting it done. people were saying that Wade should have it.

macc
05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
This is off topic but it didn't deserve it own thread so I thought I'd post it here. This is a guy from the Harlem Globetroters who does NBA impersonations. He does Shaq, Kobe, Lebron (not completely off topic), and Jordan, check it out. He's pretty spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lQwee6ITiU&feature=feedwll

AnalyzeNShoot
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Lebron most clutch when he's injured or sick.

AIsixersFK
05-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Make sure the game is on the line and we'll see how "clutch" LeBron is

KingPosey
05-19-2011, 11:59 AM
lol hell no. LBJ if anything, has erased his name from that list.

And if LBJ HAS to make the shot, his team is down and there is no more time, he isnt making a jumper.

Sadds The Gr8
05-19-2011, 12:05 PM
no ****in way, it's Dirk.

/thread

Flashsides
05-19-2011, 12:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time

Carmelo, easily.

flclfanman
05-19-2011, 12:08 PM
lol @ people putting Kobe on their list

That shot vs. PHO was 5 years ago guys :rolleyes:

hgtiger32
05-19-2011, 12:10 PM
skip bayless says no. and i agree with him

hgtiger32
05-19-2011, 12:11 PM
lol @ people putting Kobe on their list

That shot vs. PHO was 5 years ago guys :rolleyes:

do you not remember how many game winners he hit last year? that's pretty recent

Flashsides
05-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Of course the people saying he's not clutch at all are also completely wrong. If it's the 4th quarter of an important game, I put the ball in Lebron's hands. Look at the Celtics series. He made two huge threes in the Pierce's face, and he's not even a three point shooter. That was clutch as ****.

Flashsides
05-19-2011, 12:13 PM
do you not remember how many game winners he hit last year? that's pretty recent

Look at the link I posted, Kobe's straight-up mediocre with the game on the line, Melo has a fg percentage 16% better than Kobe's, Melo almost shoots 50% with the game on the line... That's really clutch.

Lil Half Dead
05-19-2011, 12:17 PM
God no. LeBron hit some big shots last night but that doesn't make him Captain Clutch.

DoubleDragon
05-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Not even close. He's finally getting over the hump of not being clutch in important second halfs, so you gotta give him credit for that. But "most clutch"? Not just yet.
As I said though. He's coming up in that category, which is a great thing as far as maturing his clutch play. But he's gotta ways to go. IMHO

still1ballin
05-19-2011, 12:32 PM
no

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I'll take Lebron for the first 46 minutes of a regulation game over anyone in the NBA and for me its not close.

Ray Allen is the most clutch player in the league in the final seconds of a game. Even Lou Williams is better at hitting game winners in the final seconds then Lebron.

In those final 2 minutes leading up to the final shot I want Wade, Durant, Dwight, Pierce, Kobe, or even Melo over Lebron during those 2 minutes leading to the final seconds.

Jonnyiscool222
05-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Right Now I say Dirk is most Clutch ... But Lebron is showing signs of improvement tho!!!

Da Knicks
05-19-2011, 12:41 PM
More clutch than Kobe yes, than Melo, Dirk no

THE_G.O.A.T.
05-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Isn't "clutch" a buzz word that stupid people use to sound smart?

NYMETS2889
05-19-2011, 12:43 PM
also lol to the op who says now that kobe has fallen off the face of the earth guy just won back to back championships sorry he cant 3pete for the 2nd time in his career

let lebron get one before you even consider putting him in any conversation with kobe or jordan (which i still dont think you will ever be able to becuase lebron is a coward who went to play with another superstar cuz he couldnt do it on his own)

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2011, 12:45 PM

No its not.

Johnnymo620
05-19-2011, 12:49 PM
It's amazing how some of u guys can type and keep LEBRICKS SACK IN YOUR MOUTH AT THE SAME TIME VERY IMPRESSIVE
the fact is KOBE BLACK MAMBA BRYANT is still the most clutch he just took his team to 3 straight finals appearances sorry he couldn't do it 4 times and who led the league in game winners last year oh ya Kobe how many times did lebrick miss in clutch games oh ya the fact is lebrick is takin a free trip thru the playoffs on Wades back so no the 2nd best player on the heat is not the most clutch

Giants88
05-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Well lets see who's second in the nba in game winning shots, that would be Melo.

One thing I've noticed about psd users is everything is about timing. Gotta look at the over all, not just right now.

Storch
05-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Lebron's clutch, there's no denying that. But considering the age of everyone, I'd still go with Ray Allen or Dirk Nowitzki.

To me, clutch is not just about hitting the game winning shot.. It's also about making game changing shots in certain situations that swing the game around. Ray Allen and Dirk do that a lot (so does lebron) but i'd take those two this year more than anyone else. :shrug:

WhyDuquette
05-19-2011, 01:09 PM
When I think of clutch, I think of taking a game over in all phases of the game in the last 5-7 min of the game, and in that sense I would take Lebron i think over anyone, if it was simply just a final shot I would take a good amount of players over Lebron, allen, dirk, melo, durant.... but i don't view as the word clutch as just the last play of the game...

34Dayz
05-19-2011, 01:14 PM
I've never considering Kobe clutch he just takes way more last second shots then anyone else in the league that doesn't mean he is better at it.

But no although Lebron is slowly becoming more clutch and starting to convince me hat he may be a clutch player I'd still prefer the ball's in the hands of Dirk, Melo, or Wade.

mdm692
05-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Melo, dirk, durant in that order

SP17
05-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Wade is more clutch than him..

As for the most clutch player this year I would go with Dirk..

Heater4life
05-19-2011, 01:27 PM
No. but he is one of the better closer in the league.

giants73756
05-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Clutch doesn't exist. These players are just good. They don't take their game to another level in the final minutes. They hit a lot of game winners because they get many opportunities at the end.

flclfanman
05-19-2011, 01:45 PM

Yeah the last two I remember was against Golden State and recently against Sac-Town (after blowing a 20+ lead)

When's the last time Bean has dropped the hammer against QUALITY opponents? :shrug:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Look at the link I posted, Kobe's straight-up mediocre with the game on the line, Melo has a fg percentage 16% better than Kobe's, Melo almost shoots 50% with the game on the line... That's really clutch.

THANK U!
Kobe just has a reputation of being clutch... MELO!

Raph12
05-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Lebron is clutch, but not the most clutch IMO.... That still goes to Melo for me.

jimbobjarree
05-19-2011, 02:47 PM
lol

Tony_Starks
05-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Not even close. He's not even the most clutch on his own team. He's had some moments but Dirk, D Wade, and Kobe have been doing this practically their whole careers......

Evolution23
05-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Carmelo shoots 47% in the clutch. Numbers don't lie!

Double_R
05-19-2011, 04:34 PM
And Lebron proved last night why that stat is DUMB. Who defines what clutch is? It seemed pretty clutch when Lebron took a tie game to a ten point game at the end of the 4th... but since he didn't take a shot in the last 10 seconds he isn't clutch? :eyebrow:

I wasn't saying that it is what defines clutch, but the numbers where they had lost a ton of close games does.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Lebron isn't clutch, because I think he is, but clutchest? I can't go with that. I think clutch is defined in a variety of ways, it could be a guy constantly getting a big basket to stop a run or like last night Lebron playing extremely clutch defense, or Dirk hitting a ton of shots in the 3rd to give them the initial big lead. So yea, to some of the logical heat fans I agree that Lebron or Wade are both clutch. I just feel like we live in a world where clutch is the most over used and misappropriated tag that people define players by. Usually the best players are all pretty clutch and it doesn't have to be in the final minute or final 5 minutes, it just means coming up with a play at a critical time in the game regardless of what's on the clock.

hugepatsfan
05-19-2011, 04:36 PM
He's not the most clutch statistically. And if I go strictly off of how I feel when playing someone, Kobe is the guy that scares me the most. Therefore, no way do I have him as most clutch, not by any measure.

Knickfansince97
05-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Melo is actually the most clutch

zo649117
05-19-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm a Heat fan, and no he isn't but with the way his shooting is developing he might end up there. It will be scary for other teams if James becomes a SHOOTER.

Silent
05-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Definitely Dirk right now. That guy is unbelieveabe. He's a man on a mission right now.

X2 Dirk is playing out of his mind right now

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Carmelo shoots 47% in the clutch. Numbers don't lie!

True but they don't tell the whole story.

Numbers = What
Story = what, why, and how

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-19-2011, 05:14 PM
True but they don't tell the whole story.

Numbers = What
Story = what, why, and how

Who: Carmelo Anthony
What: Game-winning-basket
When: Whenever
Where: Whereever
Why: Cuz thats what he does
How: By using his leg muscles to elevate for a jumpshot :shrug:

vantroi775
05-19-2011, 05:15 PM
lol, the name of this thread made me lmao. Look at my post count... I dont post unless its something as rediculous as this. good day all.

NYMETS2889
05-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Clutch doesn't exist. These players are just good. They don't take their game to another level in the final minutes. They hit a lot of game winners because they get many opportunities at the end.

dumbest statement of the year clutch does exist and is a very real thing. This statement leads me to believe youve never watched sports let alone play them, for some reason there are always players with the game on the line that come through (not raise their level of play) but they make the play

you cant teach it, it cant be learned, you either have it or you dont, saying the only reason they are hitting game winners is cuz they get alot of chances is so dumb, there will be players (lebron) who will hit one of every 10 or 15 "clutch" shots with the game on the line (time expiring) but then you have players like melo who hits 47% of his "clutch" shots

so how is that not real? it has nothing to do with the amount you take its the percentage you hit of the ones you do

KnicksR4Real
05-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Melo

knickfan33
05-19-2011, 05:39 PM
helllll no.... what games are you watching?

knickfan33
05-19-2011, 05:45 PM
im sorry, but if you have one play to win the game, and you can choose anyone in the league, everyone should still be picking kobe.....

and if not.... definetly not lebron.....
i'd take a handful of guys over lebron in that situation.

knicks4life33
05-19-2011, 06:20 PM
isnt lebron 1-10 with the game tied or down bye 1 with 10 seconds or less the whole season and the playofffs or something i remeber reading a stat on that

ElMarroAfamado
05-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Fantastic point. Lets not forget that offensive foul lebron took on pierce at the end of game 4. That was clutch.

7 to go.

ElMarroAfamado
05-19-2011, 06:53 PM
isnt lebron 1-10 with the game tied or down bye 1 with 10 seconds or less the whole season and the playofffs or something i remeber reading a stat on that

you forgot he chucks 3s (because he has no other resort cause of the shot clock) and they luckily go in....

ElMarroAfamado
05-19-2011, 06:54 PM

I'm a Heat fan, and no he isn't but with the way his shooting is developing he might end up there. It will be scary for other teams if James becomes a SHOOTER.

hahahah at Lebrick and Shooter in the same sentence. Now I have heard everything
:facepalm:

Kobes a Killer
05-19-2011, 07:02 PM
...ummm no. And no I no longer believe Kobe is the king of clutch

Tanakid777
05-19-2011, 08:16 PM
No, but he is climbing the ladder quickly, and I'm happy to see that

Tanakid777
05-19-2011, 08:31 PM

Such a weak way to gauge clutch

Bruno
05-19-2011, 08:34 PM
LBJ is a pretty clutch dude.

The argument of "who's the most clutch" needs to take a hike. It's changes all the time and there is no real way of defining it substantially enough to crown one person "the most clutch". There are a group of elite players who are pretty damn clutch, and lets leave it at that. Yes LBJ is in that group.

Chronz
05-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Yes, yes it is. Its threads like these that prove the terms irrelevance, Bron has come full circle in one season. From clutch, to unclutch, and now back to clutch. If thats not a buzz word I dont know what is.

X2 Dirk is playing out of his mind right now
Actually no hes not, hes played much better throughout his career. What hes doing now is no different than hes done the other 10+ years we've seen him.

dumbest statement of the year clutch does exist and is a very real thing. This statement leads me to believe youve never watched sports let alone play them, for some reason there are always players with the game on the line that come through (not raise their level of play) but they make the play
Incorrect, when you have people working within the business that dont believe in it or are cautious when identifying it, its definitely a credible stance. Its because Ive watched the sport that I dont believe in clutch. Before when I was a child and I saw last second shots followed by the announcer saying "CLUTCH!" thats when I believed in it, but the reality is, it seems like random luck more than anything.

you cant teach it, it cant be learned, you either have it or you dont, saying the only reason they are hitting game winners is cuz they get alot of chances is so dumb, there will be players (lebron) who will hit one of every 10 or 15 "clutch" shots with the game on the line (time expiring) but then you have players like melo who hits 47% of his "clutch" shots

so how is that not real? it has nothing to do with the amount you take its the percentage you hit of the ones you do

What hes saying is that the % isnt consistent the way most aspects of a players game is. For example Melo used to hit a higher % of his clutch shots when he went on that stretch where he couldnt miss game winners (similar to the one Kobe went through last year, before last year Kobe had an uglier ratio), are you saying Melo is becoming less clutch as he ages because his % are dropping? Or is it just the result of natural regression to the mean?

I dont believe in clutch, and if it does exist, which Im not saying it cant, I know nobody here would have any idea of whos the KING. Well unless we all agree its Dirk because he (The Mavs in general actually) has been the most consistent throughout his career, which is doubly funny because prior to this year the book on him was that he was a choker. LMFAO just gos to show how inconsistent clutch labels are. Watch when Rose suffers a similar fate.

Chronz
05-19-2011, 09:02 PM

He proved a stat about making game winning shots was dumb? No he proved using last second shots as the sole barometer of clutch was dumb, but then again he didnt need to prove that, this was true since the beginning of basketball.

Gators123
05-19-2011, 09:06 PM
No hes not the most clutch player in the NBA, but he is a underrated clutch player.

knicks4life33
05-19-2011, 10:04 PM
if your 1-10 from field with 10 seconds or less with the game tied or down bye 1 your not clutch lol how are some people calling him clutch like really. If anything he is a great SET UP MAN but not CLOSER IN THE CLUTCH . Perfect way to put it .

jzero
05-19-2011, 10:07 PM
you forgot he chucks 3s (because he has no other resort cause of the shot clock) and they luckily go in....

i wish i knew you in real life

ne3xchamps
05-19-2011, 11:59 PM
you got to be kidding me. He had a few games coming up clutch and this thread pops up? I would still want kobe taking the last shot or taking over late in the game. He's getting better, I will give you that though.

Astronaut
05-20-2011, 12:14 AM
LeBron is one of the most dominant players in the league, that goes without saying.. When watching Game 2, it was surprising how much better his 3PT shot/mid range game was better than his time with the Cavs..

However, I think LeBron may have a huge falloff when he gets older, he relies so much on his athleticism and that will quickly deteriorate with the wear and tear of the league.. If he continues to improve on his outside game(which is how Kobe has dominated for so long..) he will be one of the 5 Greatest Players ever.. Unfortunately, LeBron past about year 4 in Cleveland didn't make any significant improvements in his game.. Hopefully for the sake of the Heat, that he has a different work ethic.

I don't think you guys should be so quick to post, however, wait until the Heat win with the Big 3.

CowboysKB24
05-20-2011, 12:17 AM
Did you forget about the entire regular season? He shot 1-12? during the regular season. He didn't even hit a game winner. He played well at the end of two games, but other teammate played great too. LeBron is far from being the most clutch player in the league.

Jemikz9Clutch
05-20-2011, 12:45 AM
not this thread again.

Mudvayne91
05-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Clearly the real question is if he's the most clutch ever.

championships
05-20-2011, 01:06 AM
No. Still plenty of players that I would trust more with the ball in their hands in the final minutes of the game.

One good 4th quarter and you try to claim him as King of clutch!
A little overzealous?

cahawk
05-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Lebron has been the best in the NBA for many years.
He has been absolutely clutch in playoffs this year.
But this forum is made up mostly of Laker fans so it won't be acknowledged.

Chronz
05-20-2011, 04:16 AM
you got to be kidding me. He had a few games coming up clutch and this thread pops up? I would still want kobe taking the last shot or taking over late in the game. He's getting better, I will give you that though.
LOL hes getting better? As if you had some keen insight that only you could measure, NBA execs cant even pin point clutch ability, some of them dont even think it exists, yet you think you know where Bron is at?

nickdymez
05-20-2011, 05:02 AM
I hate heat fans so much i just wanna puke

nickdymez
05-20-2011, 05:04 AM
LeBron is one of the most dominant players in the league, that goes without saying.. When watching Game 2, it was surprising how much better his 3PT shot/mid range game was better than his time with the Cavs..

However, I think LeBron may have a huge falloff when he gets older, he relies so much on his athleticism and that will quickly deteriorate with the wear and tear of the league.. If he continues to improve on his outside game(which is how Kobe has dominated for so long..) he will be one of the 5 Greatest Players ever.. Unfortunately, LeBron past about year 4 in Cleveland didn't make any significant improvements in his game.. Hopefully for the sake of the Heat, that he has a different work ethic.

I don't think you guys should be so quick to post, however, wait until the Heat win with the Big 3.

This is probably the best post ive ever read about Lebron on this site because its true.. Not just blind love and **** suckin... Good post man

nickdymez
05-20-2011, 05:08 AM
And by the way, when Lebron is playin a team i like and he has the ball in his hands at the end of games, i say to myself "Yess, we win!!!" I was watching the Bulls/heat game in the regular season at this bar by my house, and when Lebron got the ball at the end of the game all of the Bulls fans cheered in relief and high fived each other because Wade didnt get it.... clutch my ***

--23--
05-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Hell No..... I would rather have Melo, Durant, Pierce, Dirk, Ray & Kobe take the last shot than Lebron.

PrettyBoyJ
05-20-2011, 08:44 AM
he's not even the most clutch player on his team

downsos
05-20-2011, 08:54 AM
where's the lol no option?

giants9689
05-20-2011, 09:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDHS0zLRa8s

this

arifgokcen
05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
He has been by far the best player in the clutch last 4 years(not this year).He had more game winners than anyone else except kobe in that span.His production during 2008-2009 was unmatched in the history of the league.This year he is starting to get his groove back.He closed out three games in these playoffs.
However nobody pays attention but he is also one of the best clutch defenders in the league.He came up with countless deflections,steals,blocks in the crunch time.He rarely makes mistakes unlike many "clutch" players.This year he became one of the best midrange game shooters in the league.Unless you wanna game winning shot(melo above anyone else),he is the guy you want in the crunch time.He is only one of the few pplayers that raises clutch free throw shooting.He shoots %85.

Anyone that says he is not the most clutch player in the league is either delusional or thinks clutch is only shooting the ball.

buch88
05-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Over the past few seasons, yes he's up there. Maybe not THEEE best. But he's definitely up there and the stats prove it.

hyb152
05-20-2011, 06:27 PM
I'll go with Dirk and Pierce. But Lebron would be my third choice. Can't go wrong with lebron though. He is one of the most clutch players in the nba

Hawkeye15
05-20-2011, 07:48 PM
he has been for 4 years. What's new?

Kevj77
05-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Dirk is the most clutch right now.

Kobes a Killer
05-20-2011, 09:17 PM
No he isn't

Tony_Starks
05-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Some nice performances are not going to make me forget about how he gave up against Boston last year. He's still got a ways to go.

Its also noteworthy that earlier in the year when he was the go to guy at the end they were losing at the buzzer. It wasn't until they made D Wade the closer that things changed.....

IamKaiserSoze
05-20-2011, 09:30 PM
i don't think he is the best clutch player on his team.

there are a lot of things lebron does very well. but those things do not inlude being clutch at the end of a game, when down by a few points. most fans that do not sip from the teet of lebron actually want him taking outside shots when the game is on the line when everyone knows it should be dwade.

Jewelz0376
05-20-2011, 09:48 PM
nope..you can't be the "king clutch" and be as bad as he's been this yr in last sec shots...

I'm not saying he's bad in the clutch, because there's more to being clutch than making last sec shots...often times being clutch is making plays so it doesn't come down to a last sec shot...He's a clutch player just not at the top of the list...

With that said tho being able to hit last sec shots is still part of being clutch...and he's struggled with those this yr...

kArSoN RyDaH
05-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Give me Rudy Gay over Lebron in the clutch.

Kobe, Melo, Dirk, Rose, Durant, RayRay, Pierce, Fisher, Wade, Manu.

hugepatsfan
05-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Clutch can't be measured. To me, the most "clutch" player is the guy I least want to see on the other team in a Game 7 scenario. It's totally mental. I don't think an argument of clutchness can be statistical. Therefore, I find it pointless to argue because no one can be wrong/right because you really can't prove anything. Just my opinion.

Hawkeye15
05-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Clutch can't be measured. To me, the most "clutch" player is the guy I least want to see on the other team in a Game 7 scenario. It's totally mental. I don't think an argument of clutchness can be statistical. Therefore, I find it pointless to argue because no one can be wrong/right because you really can't prove anything. Just my opinion.

yep. Perfectly put. Fact is, LeBron James has been the best player in the NBA for 4 years now, and is the one player I fear the most. There is no definition of clutch, because it doesn't factor in both sides of the ball, or have any statistical measure period.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
05-21-2011, 04:46 PM
hell no!!

buch88
05-21-2011, 05:10 PM
No he isn't

he's more clutch than kobe has been over the past few years and the stats back that up. kobe, 35 for 117 with the game on the line LOL espn put kobe on blast with that one. The stats dont lie. I'm only saying this to you cuz you're a laker fan.

meloman1592
05-21-2011, 05:32 PM
LeBron James: Best player? Yes* Most clutch? HELLLL NOOOOOOO

MalZee24
05-22-2011, 03:09 AM
he's more clutch than kobe has been over the past few years and the stats back that up. kobe, 35 for 117 with the game on the line LOL espn put kobe on blast with that one. The stats dont lie. I'm only saying this to you cuz you're a laker fan.

x2.

As for most clutch? yeah, you could make a case. I'd go with pierce though. lebron's a close second.

More-Than-Most
05-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Why dont bigs ever get the clutch title? Shaq... Dominant/Great but I am not sure I ever heard anyone call him clutch. Duncan same thing... Howard same thing... Why is it that these type of guys never get the clutch consideration?

sunsfan88
05-22-2011, 05:12 AM
Dirk, Melo then Rose.

FriedTofuz
05-22-2011, 10:02 AM
It really depends on your definition of Clutch. Everyones opinion and definition may be slightly different . In my opinion,No one in the nba comes close to kobes clutchness (if thats a word) . Just because his team couldnt back him up in the playoffs, doesnt mean he isnt clutch. It means his team was degressing, and the mavericks played alot better.

celtisox41
05-22-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd rather have Allen take the last shot then anyone. Dirk is second for me. I would under no circumstance want Lebron taking the game winning shot. ever

MTar786
05-22-2011, 05:54 PM
lebron IMO has gone from lebrick to leClutch. i hate the guy.. but he is clutch.. top 15 in the league for sure.. but if he keeps this up id say he ends up more clucth than wade and almost as clutch as manu and ray by the end of his career. look at kobe. up untill this season hes been the most clucth since reggie miller retired and now obviously its debatable between kobe, dirk, melo and a few others. but at the start of kobes career he was just like lebrick. clutch is often believed to be part of u.. u CAN learn it too. its all about being calm and confient which is what lebron has achieved.... with a dash of help from the refs ;)

Daze9900
05-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Lebron is a great closer; he can take over the game at any moment. When it comes to being clutch I think he does excel at bailing his team out (i.e hitting 3's or shots at the end of the shot clock) but when it comes to game winning or tying shots he is not that great. He either misses or even defers to teammates (i.e pass to house for 3 earlier in the season) Clutch he is not.

StuckeyFan313
05-24-2011, 07:02 PM
No Michael Jordan definitely is the king of clutch. And before you lay the "he doesn't play anymore" crap you said 'in the league.' MJ is still in the league just as an owner =D

I'd still rather have Kobe, Dirk, Wade, or Manu.

RB#20
05-24-2011, 07:19 PM
No. Paul Pierce has been the most clutch player for the past 10 years. The only reason why he never got the recognition that he deserves is because he's been on very bad teams up until his last few years hasn't played in that many "big ones" so to speak. There's no other player in the NBA that I would rather have the ball be in their hands for the last shot than Paul Pierce.

joepfarley
05-24-2011, 07:24 PM
you are ********, close thread

LA_Raiders
05-24-2011, 07:57 PM
lol, 82% says no

TheHighLife
05-24-2011, 09:59 PM
LeBron is not clutch. Nowitzki is.

camador22
05-24-2011, 11:48 PM
King of clutch is back

Giraffes Rule
05-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Didn't we have a thread a while back where Hawkeye basically destroyed everyone who says Lebron isn't the most clutch? Because statistically, Lebron James is and has been the best player in the league in clutch situations.

Fnom11
05-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Peirce Dirk Lebron, in that order

Crackadalic
05-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Clutch is overrated IMO.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Kobe's Lunchbox :laugh:

Cfrey
05-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Lbj!

Avenged
05-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Closing this due to it being bumped. The dupe has been banned.