PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves open to trading pick

j-bay
05-18-2011, 01:02 PM
But don't be surprised if Kahn trades the pick. I'm already hearing from sources that Minnesota has told people it's very open to moving the second pick. Kahn really wants to add some veteran help to the team.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

The Wizards will give Blatche and the 6th for the 2nd to get Kanter

koreancabbage
05-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Bargnani for #2

Chi StateOfMind
05-18-2011, 01:05 PM
I know I saw the OP say they want Kanter but is he the "one" and only option for the Wolves.

j-bay
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Bargnani for #2

washed up

StriveGreatness
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Sign and trade Tayshuan (and give the 8th) for the #2...I can dream, right?

But this will be be damn near impossible to do.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 01:09 PM
The Wolves need veteran help. They will try and use the pick to get someone like Iggy or better, not another good player and a pick trading back.

I think its a very realistic option that Iggy is a Wolve next year honestly. The Wolves have plenty of youth. Time to start turning that youth into actual players to some degree, while trying to mix and match which guys you keep around.

Besides,

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/deportes/20110518/ricky-pedira-barca-que-espere-hasta-junio-para-decidir-sigue/1009848.shtml

If there is no lockout, Rubio is apparently reporting for sure, so they are already taking on another 20 year old.

Move the pick for an established veteran with the ability to score and defend.

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
guess he doesn't like Williams and is happy with Beasley

jockrider
05-18-2011, 01:11 PM
washed up

bargs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.blatche

j-bay
05-18-2011, 01:11 PM
The Wizards got Blatche, Nick Young, and Lewis

jockrider
05-18-2011, 01:14 PM
#2 pick for calderon based deal.

rubio/calderon Spanish connection

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Bargnani for #2

yup. Bargnani & 5 for 2 and Darko or Flynn

wjmoffatt
05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Do they want all of the Kentucky players??? Why would they not want a good wing player?

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 01:19 PM
guess he doesn't like Williams and is happy with Beasley

I think he, as well as myself actually, think the Wolves have plenty of young players, and its time to flip a couple of them (and this pick represents a huge trade chip), for established vets in their mid 20's who can ball. I would for sure trade the #2 pick, and a filler, to a team for a borderline all star/all star in their mid 20's. Do we really think Derrick Williams is a guarnteed all star? A player who gets comparisons to guys like David West and Michael Beasley?

I am all for trading the pick for an established Center or Wing slasher/defender.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 01:20 PM
besides, if there is one thing Kahn does very well, its trading. If there is one thing Kahn has shown the inability to do, its drafting. Trade it Kahn

Mishmin
05-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Tough call for the T wolves. If that's true about Rubio coming over, I think you're right that they'll move the pick for a steady hand.

So tough to pass on Williams though.

Lindystud36
I agree that is the best option for them, Though I would draft Kanter If I was the Wolves

Hustlenomics
I'm willing to trade Big baby and a bag of Doritos for this pick. Make it happen Kahn

dhopisthename
05-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I just hope they trade the pick and someone takes kanter or they kanter themselves leaving williams for the jazz. Dwill 2.0

Hitman21
05-18-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm willing to trade Big baby and a bag of Doritos for this pick. Make it happen Kahn

Big baby would eat the bag of doritos before they ever get to minnesota

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2011, 01:35 PM
besides, if there is one thing Kahn does very well, its trading. If there is one thing Kahn has shown the inability to do, its drafting. Trade it Kahn

he must've been wanting to draft Irving then (and possibly trading Rubio), seeing as he was complaining about not getting #1, and is willing to trade this pick.

Lil Half Dead
05-18-2011, 01:35 PM
The Wizards got Blatche, Nick Young, and Lewis

The article clearly said "Veteran" help. Blatche and Young are still babies and Rashard Lewis has one of the worst contracts in the league. But you expect the Wolves to give up the #2 pick for that? Come on man, This isn't 2K11.

koreancabbage
05-18-2011, 01:38 PM

this.:clap:

MrfadeawayJB
05-18-2011, 01:39 PM
I still can't beleive the T-Wolves didnt get the #1 pick. If i was them i would definitly take a good look at Kanter. I think he may be the best prospect looking back in a few years

Hustlenomics
05-18-2011, 01:40 PM

:laugh2: would explain how he gained 40 pounds during the season

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Im all for trading it for a guy like Iggy. Iggy fits what we need. Put Wes at 6th man, Rubio-Iggy-Beasley-Klove-hopefully we sign someone at C, or AR works his butt of this offseason and gets bigger and stronger.

Raven-Lunatic
05-18-2011, 01:43 PM
The article clearly said "Veteran" help. Blatche and Young are still babies and Rashard Lewis has one of the worst contracts in the league. But you expect the Wolves to give up the #2 pick for that? Come on man, This isn't 2K11.

Lewis is coming into the last year of his deal. Add that with the 6th pick and it actually turns out to be a pretty good deal. Lewis is salary dump and at the same time they still get a high first rd pick. Makes sense to me.

AIsixersFK
05-18-2011, 01:44 PM

win :clap:

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 01:44 PM
^I doubt we would want Lewis...just my opinion tho.

koreancabbage
05-18-2011, 01:45 PM
^I doubt we would want Lewis...just my opinion tho.

salary dump for the big free agency of Dwight Howard!

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 01:50 PM
he must've been wanting to draft Irving then (and possibly trading Rubio), seeing as he was complaining about not getting #1, and is willing to trade this pick.

eh, its been rumored for a couple of weeks that Kahn would look to move it, no matter where he picked. #1 is a better bargaining chip than #2, so of course he wanted to win the lottery

shep33
Honestly, no need for Williams for Minni. Already have Beasley there, basically they'd need to develop Williams for a year or so. Trade it, get vet help.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
But don't be surprised if Kahn trades the pick. I'm already hearing from sources that Minnesota has told people it's very open to moving the second pick. Kahn really wants to add some veteran help to the team.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

The Wizards will give Blatche and the 6th for the 2nd to get Kanter

washed up

lmao, and you want to give him Blatche.

Blatche is terrible dude, at least bargnani is decent.

akagiredsuns
05-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Bargnani for #2

:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Lewis is coming into the last year of his deal. Add that with the 6th pick and it actually turns out to be a pretty good deal. Lewis is salary dump and at the same time they still get a high first rd pick. Makes sense to me.

Lewis has 2 years, $45 million starting next year. No way the Wolves ship the #2 pick for Lewis, Blatche, and Young (the only player I would actually care about getting, but not worth the other garbage).

Cornbread12
05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
If they give us the number 2 pick for Iggy I'd cream myself!

Gibby23
05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
This draft sucks, so they #2 player wont help much. The Wolve will have another top 3 pick in a better draft next year.

Lil Half Dead
05-18-2011, 01:59 PM

No Lewis is still under contract for another 2 seasons... And he never said anything about including the #6 Pick, So it would be trash and Nick Young:shrug: We all know that would be an awful deal for Minnesota.

Raven-Lunatic
05-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Lewis has 2 years, $45 million starting next year. No way the Wolves ship the #2 pick for Lewis, Blatche, and Young (the only player I would actually care about getting, but not worth the other garbage).

Actually it's really only one year. After next year the contract is non-guaranteed. Meaning they can cut him and not take a cap hit.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9153

knicks_champ
05-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Monte Ellis would look good in that team.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
:pray:

Blatche + #6 for #2 and draft Williams. I really really really wanna see Derrick Williams play in Washington with John Wall and Jordan Crawford (hes gonna be a stud imo).

Plus, Minny can get Bismack Biyombo at 6 which i heard they are interested in him.

sixer04fan
05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
You want Iguodala? Let's talk T-Wolves...

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Actually it's really only one year. After next year the contract is non-guaranteed. Meaning they can cut him and not take a cap hit.

that obviously makes it nicer, but still no way in hell dude. The Wolves need to start getting some wins, or they risk losing Love, and Lewis's deal would clog up the ability to add anything else, and the wins wouldn't jump that much with your trade proposal.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM

I think the Wolves would listen to that offer honestly, even though I would prefer a deal around Iggy to help upgrade the defense big time. And while Rubio may gain weight down the line, we would have such a thin back court. Rubio is 6'4", so a stronger Rubio would be ideal next to Ellis, but not yet.

Raven-Lunatic
05-18-2011, 02:07 PM
that obviously makes it nicer, but still no way in hell dude. The Wolves need to start getting some wins, or they risk losing Love, and Lewis's deal would clog up the ability to add anything else, and the wins wouldn't jump that much with your trade proposal.

Very true, they wouldn't be able to add anything valid this year. But come next year with all the cap space they free up they can sign an impact free agent and make some serious noise. But like you said I doubt it happens and it's fun to debate about it. We all will just have to wait and see what happens.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 02:07 PM
No Lewis is still under contract for another 2 seasons... And he never said anything about including the #6 Pick, So it would be trash and Nick Young:shrug: We all know that would be an awful deal for Minnesota.

Young and #6 for #2 sounds better to me.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Very true, they wouldn't be able to add anything valid this year. But come next year with all the cap space they free up they can sign an impact free agent and make some serious noise. But like you said I doubt it happens and it's fun to debate about it. We all will just have to wait and see what happens.

oh totally. Its always fun to just throw ideas out there like we help run the team haha

KnicksR4Real
05-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Fields and Douglas for the pick

Raven-Lunatic
05-18-2011, 02:10 PM
young and #6 for #2 sounds better to me.

deal!!! :)

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Remember, Washington has Atl's first round pick as well so...

Blatche/Young (would hate to see him go) + #6 + #18 for #2.

Chill_Will_24
05-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Fields and Douglas for the pick

:laugh2:

John Walls Era
05-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Remember, Washington has Atl's first round pick as well so...

Blatche/Young (would hate to see him go) + #6 + #18 for #2.

No. I dont even want Derrick Williams. A poor mans JSmooth. Much rather have Enes Kanter and even then this is too much.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-18-2011, 02:19 PM
No. I dont even want Derrick Williams. A poor mans JSmooth. Much rather have Enes Kanter and even then this is too much.

Who do you want at 6 if the Wizards stay there? I doing a mock draft and im having a hard time deciding what to give them.

Right now, i have them getting Leonard, but thats too high for him tbh. I doubt they get him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-18-2011, 02:20 PM

Kidding me???

More inefficient players around Klove.....:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Kidding me???

More inefficient players around Klove.....:facepalm:

scariest part? He would be by far and away our second best player...

And as I said, if Rubio gets stronger, that is the ideal guard you put next to Ellis. A strong, tall PG who can guard 2's, and can control his usage.

but we are 3 years off from Rubio being strong enough to guard 2's, best case scenario

iggypop123
05-18-2011, 02:27 PM
its tough. sota has too many young players already and williams would take time away from beasley and love. i think he would rather take on a veteran player but i dont think anyone wants to trade them. iggy is not an option he makes too much for the 2nd pick.

jmoney85
05-18-2011, 02:38 PM
brook lopez for the #2

Raven-Lunatic
05-18-2011, 02:41 PM
brook lopez for the #2

Why trade Lopez for the number 2 when he's the Nets best trade option for Howard?

BuffsFan
05-18-2011, 02:45 PM

[URL="http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-01-27/rashard-lewis-again-mentioned-in-trade-speculation"]http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-01-27/rashard-lewis-again-mentioned-in-trade-speculation[/URL

Lewis still would have at least $10mill owed to him in the last year even though the contract is not fully guaranteed, and it would count against the cap.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Why trade Lopez for the number 2 when he's the Nets best trade option for Howard?

Yeah I think that too, Lopez has more value.

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Seriously tho, im just praying we can get Iggy, he to me would be perfect.

jmoney85
05-18-2011, 02:48 PM

and what happens if the nets dont get howard?... i dont think kanter will have the scoring touch that brook but he will be a better rebounder and play tougher

Raven-Lunatic
05-18-2011, 02:51 PM
and what happens if the nets dont get howard?... i dont think kanter will have the scoring touch that brook but he will be a better rebounder and play tougher

If they don't get Howard then they still have Lopez. I just think trading him for the number 2 is a bad move.

AddiX
05-18-2011, 02:53 PM
scariest part? He would be by far and away our second best player...

And as I said, if Rubio gets stronger, that is the ideal guard you put next to Ellis. A strong, tall PG who can guard 2's, and can control his usage.

but we are 3 years off from Rubio being strong enough to guard 2's, best case scenario

Ellis Randolph Beasley would def be a great way to be the lowest iq team in the NBA.

Back to topic though, trading for some vets would do this team wonders. I still think they should of traded the rights to Rubio when they had the chance. IMO it's unfair to the fans to have a bad team and a prospect they hear about all the time who is in another country.

Just seems like bad management. At some point they need to stop thinking about the distant future and deliver a team.

Chill_Will_24
05-18-2011, 02:54 PM
brook lopez for the #2

The Nets wouldnt do that. They love their Brook Lopez. However, the Wolves could probably get VC and the other Lopez for that pick. I think Iggy or even Granger would be great options for Minny....or... dum dum dum!!!... How about Rudy Gay?

Memphis will most likely try to trade Gay so that they can resign Gasol. How about Gay for the pick and fillers? If your not feeling Gay... pause... how about OJ Mayo? OJ and Tony Allen for the pick

smith&wesson
05-18-2011, 02:58 PM
The Wolves need veteran help. They will try and use the pick to get someone like Iggy or better, not another good player and a pick trading back.

I think its a very realistic option that Iggy is a Wolve next year honestly. The Wolves have plenty of youth. Time to start turning that youth into actual players to some degree, while trying to mix and match which guys you keep around.

Besides,

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/deportes/20110518/ricky-pedira-barca-que-espere-hasta-junio-para-decidir-sigue/1009848.shtml

If there is no lockout, Rubio is apparently reporting for sure, so they are already taking on another 20 year old.

Move the pick for an established veteran with the ability to score and defend.

im sorry i doubted you. you were right. the twolves will never get the first pick its insane and ******** at the same time to think about.

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 02:59 PM
^VC and Robin Lopez for it? no way we would we do that imo. I would love to get Granger or Iggy, and the Grizz gm or owner i believe came out and said that they arent trading Rudy Gay.

Young and Stupid
05-18-2011, 03:00 PM
brook lopez for the #2

I haven't broken this out in a while because DoMeFavors hasn't been up to his childish antics, but:

Jmoney85's opinion is not representative of the Nets fan population. He is in no way, shape, or form associated with the consensus amongst said population. We would like for you to recognize that his opinion represents an anomaly within the group, as opposed to the norm. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Hopefully, we can all move forward amicably. Thank you.

Several Questions for Hawkeye:

Would you like the Wolves to keep the pick? If so, who would you like them to select? If not, why do you think that they should look to trade it?

Would you prefer Josh Smith, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger or Andre Iguodala as compensation for said pick? (Of course, in your answer take their contracts into consideration.)

How willing do you think Kahn is to trade Beasley? What would you deem his price-tag to be?

Are you comfortable with Wes Johnson as a starter going forward?

How willing do you think the Wolves would be to trade Anthony Randolph? Did you like what you saw with him during his short stint with the team?

Have you given up on Johnny Flynn or do you still believe that he can be an above average point-guard?

Are you worried about Kevin Love looking to leave the team as soon as he's able to? If so, would you like the Wolves to take a Deron Williams like approach to the situation? Are you comfortable that the new CBA will introduce provisions that will make it less likely for Love to leave the team? Additionally, what is your perception of Love as a player? Do you feel that his worth as a player is in line with his remarkable statistical production last season?

Do you feel that Darko Millic can be a solid starter in this league?

If you had to assign Kahn a rating on a scale of one to ten (all things considered), what would it be?

How do you feel about the Wolves not having next year's first-round pick? Does that fact cause you to prefer to trade the team's young assets (although some of them may have low stocks) in order to acquire some more proven players?

jmoney85
05-18-2011, 03:04 PM
I haven't broken this out in a while because DoMeFavors hasn't been up to his childish antics, but:

Jmoney85's opinion is not representative of the Nets fan population. He is in no way, shape, or form associated with the consensus amongst said population. We would like for you to recognize that his opinion represents an anomaly within the group, as opposed to the norm. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Hopefully, we can all move forward amicably. Thank you.

calm down bra... it was just a suggestion

i personally like enes kanter alot

Raven-Lunatic
05-18-2011, 03:05 PM

Would you like the Wolves to keep the pick? If so, who would you like them to select? If not, why do you think that they should look to trade it?

Would you prefer Josh Smith, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger or Andre Iguodala as compensation for said pick? (Of course, in your answer take their contracts into consideration.)

How willing do you think Kahn is to trade Beasley? What would you deem his price-tag to be?

How willing do you think the Wolves would be to trade Anthony Randolph? Did you like what you saw with him during his short stint with the team?

Have you given up on Johnny Flynn or do you still believe that he can be an above average point-guard?

Are you worried about Kevin Love looking to leave the team as soon as he's able to? If so, would you like the Wolves to take a Deron Williams like approach to the situation? Are you comfortable that the new CBA will introduce provisions that will make it less likely for Love to leave the team? Additionally, what is your perception of Love as a player? Do you feel that his worth as a player is in line with his remarkable statistical production last season?

If you had to assign Kahn a rating on a scale of one to ten (all things considered), what would it be?

How do you feel about the Wolves not having next year's first-round pick? Does that fact cause you to prefer to trade the team's young assets (although some of them may have low stocks) in order to acquire some more proven players?

:laugh: That was pretty good.

miller74
05-18-2011, 03:10 PM
washed up

Come on now, you have to be good to begin with to be considered washed up. Hes more of a "never was"

miller74
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM

Sweet Chili Heat? thats alot to give up, and you might have to add a 2nd if Big Baby opens the Doritos on the way to Minni

D1JM
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
wtf are they going to do with beasley and wes? they should trade beasley for some veteran presence.

Lake_Show2416
05-18-2011, 03:15 PM
they should just keep the pick, its unlikely they can get equal value back for it, draft
Enes Kanter so they have have a legit C

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 03:15 PM
^What do you mean what will we do with Wes and Beasley? If we trade that pick for lets say Iggy, i think he would prolly play the 2, Wes would prolly be 6th man, and Beasley at the 3. I highly doubt we deal Beasley or Wes to be honest. We have a good young core, we need vets around them tho, Iggy would be perfect.

D1JM
05-18-2011, 03:16 PM
^What do you mean what will we do with Wes and Beasley? If we trade that pick for lets say Iggy, i think he would prolly play the 2, Wes would prolly be 6th man, and Beasley at the 3. I highly doubt we deal Beasley or Wes to be honest. We have a good young core, we need vets around them tho, Iggy would be perfect.

iggy at the sg?

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 03:18 PM
^maybe, im not sure yet. Beasley or Wes could both be good 6th man's.

limebalz05
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Gerald Wallace and Rudy Fernandez

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Bogut for #2,Darko,Johnson. Could make the trade bigger if ya want either Maggette or Salmons too.

Gibby23
05-18-2011, 03:35 PM
^maybe, im not sure yet. Beasley or Wes could both be good 6th man's.

Souldn't the Wolves worry about who the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th man is before they fill the 6th man?

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Whats so bad about our starting lineup outside of Center? We are young, thats what is holding us back. We lost about 20 games by blowing it in the 4th quarter this year. Iggy (good defensive player which we need), is a good vet who would help us out a ton. Thats a guy we need. Also wouldnt be bad to look for a solid Center next to Klove.

D1JM
05-18-2011, 03:51 PM
but shouldnt the wolves instead pick up a center with that pick.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Ellis Randolph Beasley would def be a great way to be the lowest iq team in the NBA.

Back to topic though, trading for some vets would do this team wonders. I still think they should of traded the rights to Rubio when they had the chance. IMO it's unfair to the fans to have a bad team and a prospect they hear about all the time who is in another country.

Just seems like bad management. At some point they need to stop thinking about the distant future and deliver a team.

Read the rest of the post. If Rubio turns out to be what he is hyped to be, and adds weight, you now have the ideal option for Monta's skillset.

But yep, they need to bring in a veteran. I would love Iggy for instance.

And the last paragraph, I think they finally are addressing your last sentence by saying they want to move their #2 pick. They know the fans are getting restless, and will not be around much longer if they don't start doing something now.

And when you talk about bad management, remember who Kahns mentor was....

D1JM
05-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Whats so bad about our starting lineup outside of Center? We are young, thats what is holding us back. We lost about 20 games by blowing it in the 4th quarter this year. Iggy (good defensive player which we need), is a good vet who would help us out a ton. Thats a guy we need. Also wouldnt be bad to look for a solid Center next to Klove.

thats what i am thinking. i think giving up the second round pick for iggy is too much. they should be giving you guys a pick for taking him off their books.

D1JM
05-18-2011, 03:56 PM
they should be pushing to get marc gasol. do a sign and trade with memphis and pick up gasol for a protected future 1st round pick

CeeDub15
^thats what ive been reading. If we were to trade #2 for Iggy, we would prolly get a player or a 1st with him...

CeeDub15
I honestly dont think Grizz are gonna let Marc go unless he wants out. I think they want him there long term if he is up for it.

D1JM
05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I honestly dont think Grizz are gonna let Marc go unless he wants out. I think they want him there long term if he is up for it.

it never hurts to try. offer him an offer sheet and see if they match. they already have 53 million tied up. rubio would feel more settled with marc there. its a perfect match

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 05:52 PM
the pick can't be traded until draft day, since you can't trade back to back picks. The Wolves will need to have a deal in principle on draft day, draft a player for said team, and then trade him.

So really, until late June, none of this matters.

Young and Stupid
05-18-2011, 05:58 PM
the pick can't be traded until draft day, since you can't trade back to back picks. The Wolves will need to have a deal in principle on draft day, draft a player for said team, and then trade him.

Hey Hawk, I'm not sure if you saw the questions I posed to you. If you don't mind answering some of them (it doesn't have to be all of them), I'd greatly appreciate your input. Thanks.

AddiX
05-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Read the rest of the post. If Rubio turns out to be what he is hyped to be, and adds weight, you now have the ideal option for Monta's skillset.

But yep, they need to bring in a veteran. I would love Iggy for instance.

And the last paragraph, I think they finally are addressing your last sentence by saying they want to move their #2 pick. They know the fans are getting restless, and will not be around much longer if they don't start doing something now.

And when you talk about bad management, remember who Kahns mentor was....

I like iggy, but I'm still not sure what kind if team you guys are tryi g to build and who you expect your core to be. And the last thing you need to do os bring in a all star somewhere he did t ask to go surrounded by young players who are lost, and management who still don't seem to have a clear direction.

As far as kahns mentor, what does that matter?

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 06:02 PM

[QUOTE]Would you like the Wolves to keep the pick? If so, who would you like them to select? If not, why do you think that they should look to trade it?

I would prefer them to trade it for either an established center, or a slashing/defensive wing

Of what you listed, Iggy. I know Atlanta is beyond sold with Horford, but I may at least try

We got him for two 2nd rounders. And he didn't show improvement. He is worth no more than being a filler at this point, so he will be given one more year to prove he can figure out he plays a team sport, or his team option will not be picked up I would guess.

I am fine with Wes at either wing spot, as long as he learns to put the ball on the floor this summer, and Rambis (or whomever may be the next coach if we go that way) starts using him correctly, ie, running him off a series of picks to let him get easy looks

Anyone outside Love can be had for an upgrade, but I highly doubt we trade Randolph. He was easily our second best player, he gets out of control at times, but can take games over. If he continues to gain weight, he can play a lot of center against the majority of the league (basically any team without a dominant C, which is 80% of the NBA)

Have you given up on Johnny Flynn or do you still believe that he can be an above average point-guard

He is absolutely terrible, and the worst player on the floor nearly every possession he resides there. He needs a change of scenery, and I don't think even that will help him. 5'11" SG's who can't shoot usually don't last long.

Talked about a lot. Love wants to win, and has publically demanded the front office do something to help him basically. Indirectly of course, but you can read between the lines. This is exactly why were are looking to trade the pick. We don't need yet another 20 year old with high expectations to be thrust on the team. We need a veteran who can play, and some of our youth to step up.
I think Love is a top 15 player, and will be one of the stars of the league for years to come. His skillset and work ethic, on top of his IQ, make it impossible for him not to succeed individually.

No. Average backup, tops.

6.5 currently, moved to 7.5 if Rubio comes this season, and could go even higher depending on what Rubio plays like. Kahn is an excellent trader, suspect drafter, but some of his decisions are "wait and see" decisions, so its tough to just grade him at this exact moment.

McHale killed us with that Jaric trade. We do have the #20 pick this year, and I would imagine we may try and trade it, and maybe a player, to get involved in next years 1st round somewhere, though I don't think we will get a high pick.

Lake_Show2416
05-18-2011, 06:03 PM
a lot of teams see how weak the draft is so the Wolves wont be able to get as much as they normally would be able to get, so i dont think they deal

Young and Stupid
05-18-2011, 06:10 PM
We do have the #20 pick this year, and I would imagine we may try and trade it, and maybe a player, to get involved in next years 1st round somewhere, though I don't think we will get a high pick.

How would you feel about a trade similar to this:

TWolves Receive: Damion James, Lakers' 2011 first-round pick (27th overall) and the Nets' 2012 first-round pick
Nets Receive: Michael Beasley, Grizzles' 2011 first-round pick (20th overall) and the TWolves' 2012 second-round pick

If that's not sufficient, what would you tweak?

Gideon
05-18-2011, 06:11 PM
If they do it then it will be to Memphis for Rudy Gay. Personally, I would just take Kanter though.

Lake_Show2416
05-18-2011, 06:13 PM
2nd pick for JJ Hickson + filler

Astronaut
05-18-2011, 06:15 PM
I expect the Wolves to move it to a team willing to draft Williams...

It's funny how the Wolves AND the Jazz want to move their picks. Kanter could be very overrated TBH, he also refused to participate in workouts past the draft I believe so that could mean that the product isn't as good as advertised.. At the Nike Hoops summit he went up against a raw and undersized Jared Sullinger.

Kaun could get some very good pieces if he doesn't pull another Garnett deal.. I doubt the Grizzlies would give up Gay for just a pick though, the Wolves would probably need to package a few players or TPE in order to obtain him.

jim51990
05-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Ray Allen or (big baby and a first )

SeoulBeatz
05-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Iggy, Marreese Speights, #16 Pick, Future 2nd

for

#2 Pick, Darko, Martell Webster.

Minny gets the vet help they need and he'll work really nicely with Wesley Johnson's 3pt shooting.

Sixers get the big help they need with Derrick Williams, Darko, and a 3 point shooter in martell.

I'd really, really love a line-up of...

PG Jrue Holiday/ Lou Will
SG Evan Turner/ Jodie Meeks
SF Thaddeus Young/ Martell Webster
PF Derrick Williams/ Craig Brackins
C Elton Brand/ Darko.

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 06:32 PM
^I would do that. Iggy is a guy that we need imo. And i think getting him would help out Klove wanting to stay, seeing that he knows we want to win too. Rubio, Iggy, Klove, Beasley, Wes, and AR is a nice core. If AR can gain some muscle and get bigger, he could play C like hawkeye said.

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Bargnani for #2

OMG YES! I dont think they would though.

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Trade it to Cleveland for Baron Davis! lol Or Hickson. Or Varajoa....

The Cavs need all the picks they can get lol

SeoulBeatz
05-18-2011, 06:59 PM
2nd pick for JJ Hickson + filler

are you serious?

topdog
05-18-2011, 07:00 PM
I'd much rather draft Williams and trade Beasley...

I'm not terribly interested in Iggy, unlike many of my fellow Wolves posters. But I do think Kahn (and whoever is in charge of advertising) really likes Beasley and doesn't care to add another rookie.

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 07:08 PM
^haha, we all know your hate for Beasley. I just think people need to give him another year. If rambis stays, he better do stuff different with him, same with if we get a new coach (i really hope so). He needs to be coming off screens more. He also needs to work driving with his right hand, he gets charges all the time.

Blazers#1Fan
05-18-2011, 07:14 PM
If I was the blazers I'd offer Rudy,Miller pick for Beasley that gives them cap relief a teacher for Rubio in Miller and a friend in Rudy

Camby
Klove
Wesley
Rudy
Rubio/Miller
Picks #2 and are pick

LA
Wallace
Beasley/Batum
Matthews
Roy

knicks_champ
05-18-2011, 07:37 PM
I think the Wolves would listen to that offer honestly, even though I would prefer a deal around Iggy to help upgrade the defense big time. And while Rubio may gain weight down the line, we would have such a thin back court. Rubio is 6'4", so a stronger Rubio would be ideal next to Ellis, but not yet.

I agree that the size will be a challenge, I think if the Wolves want to trade out they need a scorer. Rubio is a passer not shooter. They have the big man duo set. I think a good shooting SG will fit in nicely with them. If only monte Ellis was taller lol 

CeeDub15
05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
From what ive read, the Wolves kind of are looking at SG's as well, some people are saying the wolves dont think wes will work at SG, pretty much strictly a SF...

THE GIPPER
05-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Wilson Chandler and the nuggs 1st for the wolves 1st

Purple&Gold24
05-18-2011, 07:54 PM
From what ive read, the Wolves kind of are looking at SG's as well, some people are saying the wolves dont think wes will work at SG, pretty much strictly a SF...

So SF?

mdm692
05-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Nash should do it bu hope suns dont try to do that

topdog
05-18-2011, 08:09 PM
If I was the blazers I'd offer Rudy,Miller pick for Beasley that gives them cap relief a teacher for Rubio in Miller and a friend in Rudy

Camby
Klove
Wesley
Rudy
Rubio/Miller
Picks #2 and are pick

LA
Wallace
Beasley/Batum
Matthews
Roy

I'd take it! But where does Camby come into the equation?

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 08:18 PM

How would you feel about a trade similar to this:

TWolves Receive: Damion James, Lakers' 2011 first-round pick (27th overall) and the Nets' 2012 first-round pick
Nets Receive: Michael Beasley, Grizzles' 2011 first-round pick (20th overall) and the TWolves' 2012 second-round pick

If that's not sufficient, what would you tweak?

tough call. It would hurt to lose Beasley for James, but if we got Iggy, I would entertain a move like this. We would get a mid teens pick worst case scenario next year, and be able to shed salary for a midseason trade next season.

But its an unrealistic trade. The Wolves brass thinks Beasley can get better. I am not sure I agree, but they are probably going to give him the chance.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Iggy, Marreese Speights, #16 Pick, Future 2nd

for

#2 Pick, Darko, Martell Webster.

Minny gets the vet help they need and he'll work really nicely with Wesley Johnson's 3pt shooting.

Sixers get the big help they need with Derrick Williams, Darko, and a 3 point shooter in martell.

I'd really, really love a line-up of...

PG Jrue Holiday/ Lou Will
SG Evan Turner/ Jodie Meeks
SF Thaddeus Young/ Martell Webster
PF Derrick Williams/ Craig Brackins
C Elton Brand/ Darko.

Rubio/Ridnour
Wes/Ellington
Iggy/Beasley
Love/Speights
Randolph/Pekovic

plus whatever they can sign for help, and possibly using the #16, #20 picks to either move into next years 1st round, or draft a high potential defender and a Euro. This team would win at least 15-25 more games I think, so it would probably be a fair trade in principal. Of course I put 15 seconds of thought into this post, but it feels fair

gilly
05-18-2011, 08:22 PM
We'd eat your arm off to get Kanter in Philadelphia. #2 for Iggy is a done deal imo.

bholly
05-18-2011, 08:36 PM

False. The Stepien Rule says you can't have consecutive future drafts with the possibility of no first round pick.

As long as they keep the #20, Minnesota can trade the #2 and they'll still have a first round pick this year, so they'd be within the rules.

It's possible they won't have one next year, so the rule would prevent them from trading their 2013 unless they get an unprotected first back. They also couldn't trade the #2 AND #20 this year without getting a first rounder back. They can trade either no problem, just not both.

In short: they can trade the 2011 #2 whenever they like.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 08:51 PM
False. The Stepien Rule says you can't have consecutive future drafts with the possibility of no first round pick.

As long as they keep the #20, Minnesota can trade the #2 and they'll still have a first round pick this year, so they'd be within the rules.

It's possible they won't have one next year, so the rule would prevent them from trading their 2013 unless they get an unprotected first back. They also couldn't trade the #2 AND #20 this year without getting a first rounder back. They can trade either no problem, just not both.

In short: they can trade the 2011 #2 whenever they like.

ah, you know what, you are right. I don't know how I didn't think of that. Thanks bro

twin4life
05-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Trade it and then draft JIMMMMMEEERRRRR hahaha

kenzo400
05-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah I think that too, Lopez has more value.

Lopez is a poor mans Bargnani. His rebounding is just as bad and he isn't as good on offense, (more limited game)

topdog
05-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Lopez is a poor mans Bargnani. His rebounding is just as bad and he isn't as good on offense, (more limited game)

I disagree. Lopez is more talented and more of a load - making a better C. Whereas Bargnani is a chucker of a C who lets other teams off the hook.

bholly
05-18-2011, 09:41 PM
ah, you know what, you are right. I don't know how I didn't think of that. Thanks bro

Absolutely no problem.

rpgmaster86
05-18-2011, 09:46 PM
knicks trade #17 pick, 3million in cash, and rights to jerome jordan

jezzyman05
05-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Come on spurs trade parker....get that bum off my team

DJakk
05-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Tough to pass on Williams even if they have Beasley.

JNA17
05-18-2011, 10:00 PM
i knew it. Irving was going to be taken in the 1 spot and we all know kahn has that pg fetish so now he wants to get rid of it :laugh:

ok on a serious note, i would actually look to see if the wolves would trade their pick for rudy gay. Memphis has done great without gay this year and getting better younger talent while keeping their core would make them a lot better.

kenzo400
05-18-2011, 10:35 PM
I disagree. Lopez is more talented and more of a load - making a better C. Whereas Bargnani is a chucker of a C who lets other teams off the hook.

Lopez does shoot a higher percentage, but he also does have a superstar pg playing with him. His offensive game is much more limited. He has a decent mid range jumper but can't shoot the three. He is not as agile and doesn't have as good of a drive. Is much more reliant on a good point guard to set him up inside.

Bargnani is not a true C, i completly agree. He is a solid 1 on 1 defender though, but has problems boxing out some of the bigger players around the rim. But then again Lopez has been getting raped there this year as well, exactly why he averages so few rebounds.

arkanian215
05-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Sign and trade Tayshuan (and give the 8th) for the #2...I can dream, right?

But this will be be damn near impossible to do.

You mean impossible because FA happens after the draft and you can't sign and trade someone who is out of contract before FA begins.

theLgndKllr35
05-18-2011, 11:08 PM
This has Iguodala written all over it. He's the trade being tossed around the Sixers forum...

Iguodala, Speights, 16th

for

Randolph, Pekovic, and the 2nd

JetsNation24
05-18-2011, 11:20 PM
I think the Cavs shouldn trade Sessions and Hickson for the number 2 then they could have the 1,2, and 4 haha that would be cool

PurpleJesus
05-18-2011, 11:28 PM
I think the Cavs shouldn trade Sessions and Hickson for the number 2 then they could have the 1,2, and 4 haha that would be cool

lol, so much wrong with this statement...to point out a couple, the wolves do not want Sessions as they traded him last year, and another, sessions and Hickson is nowhere close to the value of #2 pick

PurpleJesus
05-18-2011, 11:29 PM

you are on crack

FriedTofuz
05-18-2011, 11:31 PM
The wolves should trade it for a good center. Sign and trade for marc Gasol?

FriedTofuz
05-18-2011, 11:32 PM
you are on crack

:laugh2: Its a one sided deal, but it would be good for the knicks. Who is Jerome Jordan?

:confused: I thought trades were soupposed to benefit both teams. Who is jerome Jordan

FriedTofuz
05-18-2011, 11:36 PM
i knew it. Irving was going to be taken in the 1 spot and we all know kahn has that pg fetish so now he wants to get rid of it :laugh:

ok on a serious note, i would actually look to see if the wolves would trade their pick for rudy gay. Memphis has done great without gay this year and getting better younger talent while keeping their core would make them a lot better.

There is still Kemba walker and brandon knight.

specialiststeve
05-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Bogut for #2,Darko,Johnson. Could make the trade bigger if ya want either Maggette or Salmons too.

or....

Bogut, Sanders, and 10th pick
for
Milicic, Beasley, Flynn, and #2 pick. ???

WSU Tony
05-19-2011, 09:28 AM
You guys realize Kahn has only kept 2 of the PG's he drafted, one of which is over seas, right? Laugh it up but in reality the Wolves have the same number of PG's on their roster that your team does.

Who gets the last laugh proving how uneducated in the matter you guys are! :laugh:

Mc Uncle Cola
05-19-2011, 09:52 AM
i heard bill king and the nets are already on the horn looking to trade up and buy picks...hmmm

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-19-2011, 09:53 AM
or....

Bogut, Sanders, and 10th pick
for
Milicic, Beasley, Flynn, and #2 pick. ???If ya left out Sanders I would. Even then its pushing it. Beasley be nice running down the court with Jennings. But hate to part with #10. Had hopes for Biyombo or Burks or Hamilton. Also depends if Irving is there at #2. Reason I wanted to keep #10 was to get our center in Biyombo. Also I think we have to dump Maggette or Salmons in the deal. I'd prefer to get #3 and #12 from Jazz. Then draft Kanter,Biyombo and Burks. Doubt Jazz part with two high firsts though.

SP17
05-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I think they would trade down and draft kanter..

jgthegame1982
05-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Anyone give a fair offer or trade that the knicks can do,, although I def. think its too high to draft Kemba, I know they want him though..