PDA

View Full Version : Is it practical for the Mavericks to play Caron Butler in the playoffs ............

JordansBulls
05-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Is it practical for the Mavericks to play Caron Butler in the playoffs even if he says he can play now?

I personally see no need for the Mavs to play him at all, I think he would mess up there flow. Just like I think in 2009 when Jameer Nelson came back for the finals it killed the Magic's flow and chemistry.

uptownfan
05-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't think it would be worth the risk to bring him back. Although Dallas was clicking with him in the lineup, it's been way too long since he last played with them. They're playing so well without him

king4day
05-18-2011, 12:20 PM
I think he should be a bench warmer for the duration of the playoffs. Comes in for injurys, team foul troubles, or blowouts.

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2011, 12:20 PM
don't play him...he'll suck it up like Jameer did in 09

DoJoTheSlasher
05-18-2011, 12:28 PM
If Marion gets into foul trouble, bring him in to guard Durant. But as a full time player and important piece? No it will mess up chemistry. I love Caron, but we are a better team without him.

ManRam
05-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Maybe sit him on the bench and bring him in if absolutely needed (foul trouble). But no, they shouldn't force anything from him. They've been fine all year without him, and even when he was playing he wasn't having a great year.

BlondeBomber41
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
if he took Stevensons roster spot, I wouldn't have a problem with it. As long as he wasn't forcing anything offensively of course.

Lil Half Dead
05-18-2011, 03:16 PM
I think they could ease him in off the bench to get him ready for the Finals.

Hitman21
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
if he took Stevensons roster spot, I wouldn't have a problem with it. As long as he wasn't forcing anything offensively of course.

That was the problem we had with him in dc. He was always forcing shots. As much as i loved CB. His defense is the best part of his game

FinsSuperBowl
05-18-2011, 03:32 PM
i think Caron Butler in worst case scenario is equivalent to Corey Brewer. If Stojakivic is off let Butler take his minutes if he's healthy and see what he can do

Sly Guy
05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
If Marion gets into foul trouble, bring him in to guard Durant. But as a full time player and important piece? No it will mess up chemistry. I love Caron, but we are a better team without him.

If he can play the 3, I'd say put him out there. Marion is the one weak link in that starting lineup. He's too old, too slow, and doesn't have the polish on the offensive end with that declining athleticism of his. But 'phased' in is better, what everyone else is saying is right, you can't make any changes right off the bat, too much is at stake.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
If he can play the 3, I'd say put him out there. Marion is the one weak link in that starting lineup. He's too old, too slow, and doesn't have the polish on the offensive end with that declining athleticism of his. But 'phased' in is better, what everyone else is saying is right, you can't make any changes right off the bat, too much is at stake.

Marion had 11 and 7 and practically played a half with a broken nose. Marion is not a weak link. Offensively? Yeah he sucks but he is a great rebounder and can still defend.

Sly Guy
05-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Marion had 11 and 7 and practically played a half with a broken nose. Marion is not a weak link. Offensively? Yeah he sucks but he is a great rebounder and can still defend.

I admit, I'm not a Dallas fan, so I haven't seen them all season, but I have watched them a lot in the playoffs and what I see of Marion is little more than a shell of his former self. I have a hard time envisioning him checking Deng, much less LBJ in the finals.

GeekInThePink
05-18-2011, 04:40 PM
What's with the giant Ellipsis?

heathonater
05-18-2011, 10:45 PM
it wouldnt be practical at this point to incorporate butler into the mavs lineup. for one, he probably isnt in proper physical condition to play more than 20 minutes. and due to how long he was out, he'll be very rusty if he comes back at all in the playoffs. the mavericks have been playing really well and i dont think its worth the risk to play butler in the playoffs this year.

kblo247
05-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Ask the Magic about playing Jameer in the Finals and him being a slit second behind game time, and costing them the title (Fisher 3). Then also asked Rafer and Johnson about feeling alienated for him to just come and take their spot, shot, and minutes after their strong playoff run.

beasted86
05-18-2011, 11:22 PM
i think Caron Butler in worst case scenario is equivalent to Corey Brewer.

Exactly. They have nothing to lose playing him 10 minutes a night while he regains conditioning.

MrfadeawayJB
05-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Is it practical for the Mavericks to play Caron Butler in the playoffs even if he says he can play now?

I personally see no need for the Mavs to play him at all, I think he would mess up there flow. Just like I think in 2009 when Jameer Nelson came back for the finals it killed the Magic's flow and chemistry.

I agree with all of this. If the Mavs start to struggle, than maybe it wouldnt be such a bad idea, but with how they are playing i would not change a thing

sep11ie
05-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Shoot, Dirk could beat Jesus in a foot race across the Gulf of Mexico right now. I don't think it would make a lick of a difference who's really out there around him.

el_primo_nano
05-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Imagine if he would not have went down so early in the year..

stawka
05-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Play him for 10 minutes a game or so, big deal. If he sucks, leave him out. Didn't Nelson come back as a starter and **** things up?

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 05:05 PM
My feelings were correct here. I honestly think if they played him they would have lost.