PDA

View Full Version : Why are ppl sayin

Davidgta1
05-18-2011, 10:01 AM
That if Rudy gay was playin you guys would of never played the way you did I think you guys would of played much much better even tho you guys played great

Snakeyestx
05-18-2011, 10:29 AM
IIRC, the Battier trade was made to fill in the blank of a missing Rudy Gay. To be honest, it was a great trade for Memphis because his experience and different style of offense/defense added a whole new dimension to the current roster. Additionally, young guys like Vasquez literally blossomed in the playoffs, as did the rest of the bench and showed the clear potential this team has going forward. They young, and they hawngrey. They had little time to adapt to one another, and to be honest, I think did extremely well given the little playing time together (i.e. NY's collapse more or less post-trade).

I think come next season, their playoff standings will be quite different than this years, especially with all the league's free-agency situation... I bet a few of this years playoff teams might not be on the list next year when it's all said and done.

mzgrizz
05-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Some ppl have hidden agendas when it comes to Rudy. If I could put up a poll to ppl ONLY from Memphis AND who are Grizzlies fans;don't believe there would be this discussion

MrfadeawayJB
05-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Grizz are a better team with Rudy period.

J Falk
05-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Indeed, the Grizzlies are a great team...BUT Rudy is the star here...he's the guy that makes game winners over Durant and Lebron...Grizzlies beat OKC if Rudy is playing...You better believe he would have died to play in that series, and he's so competitive that he'll come back even more hungry than ever...watch out for us in 2011-2012

mzgrizz
05-18-2011, 10:49 PM
You got that right!!!!!
Only 5 months til the next game :)

Hellcrooner
05-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Some ppl have hidden agendas when it comes to Rudy. If I could put up a poll to ppl ONLY from Memphis AND who are Grizzlies fans;don't believe there would be this discussion

wouldnt that make it a 100% biased poll?
:D

I dont think its a coincidence the Grizz didnt make the playoffs right after trading BATTIER for GAY.

then did only get back to them once Gay was Out with injury and BATTIER was back.

Some times teams play better withouth their "star" when the "star" is not really a legit thing but someone who pad stats.

But thats my opinion.

Honest opinion.